The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby dimochka » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:41 pm UTC

Ignore any posting in gojoe. It has no effect whatsoever on the game, as you may have guessed. Feel free to read any of the posts if/when you are dead or the game is over.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
New User
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby New User » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:32 pm UTC

We've got about 9.5 hours until the deadline. Let me sum up my reason for voting for Djehutynackt. This is mostly stuff I have brought up earlier in the game, restated here, since I have been suspecting Djehuty for a long time.

I have had a nagging feeling that he is scum for this entire game. It started during D1, mostly because Djehuty was calling Unix's behavior scummy while he interpreted WilliamTheConqueror's behavior as newbie town, and for me it always seemed Unix was acting like a newbie and William was either newbie town with no excuse (because this wasn't his first game) or else he was scum. Both Unix and William were acting similarly, but the key difference was that this was Unix's first forum game. If anything, that means Unix should have been given a break, not William.

Also during D1, candyfloss had voted for me and then disappeared. Later, Djehutynackt mistakenly thought there was only 2 hours left until the deadline and voted for me, putting my vote at 2 and William's at 3. One more vote on my would have tied it, and if one player had changed off of William and onto me it would have been me instead of William lynched. Since candyfloss had disappeared and was unlikely to show up and change vote in the next two hours, this looks fishy. Then, he made it a point to wait until just before the vote deadline to make a post explaining that a scum player could have easily taken the opportunity to vote for William, throwing him under the bus so to speak. He even included an apologetic comment to William when he said William's play wasn't the best during D1. This looks like DJ was drawing attention to the fact that he didn't vote for William, saying that is what scum would have done, therefor he himself is not scum.

After William and roband were dead, Djehutynackt is the only ghost left alive (I know this is complete speculation but just go with me here). Now, he has no reason to be as careful with his comments, no reason to try to avoid voting for anyone that any other player calls suspicious. He has no reason to feign agreement or disagreement with anyone, he just has to go with the flow and act like a townie like everyone else, and try to avoid being lynched himself. Essentially, he has become a Serial Killer. That's why he started looking a lot townier in D2.

He has also been trying to push the idea that non-human does not imply scum. I believe he is non-human, i.e. a ghost, and he is putting forth that idea so that when he is investigated and shows up non-human, he can try to weasel his way out of it.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 617
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby moody7277 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:02 pm UTC

New User wrote:He has also been trying to push the idea that non-human does not imply scum. I believe he is non-human, i.e. a ghost, and he is putting forth that idea so that when he is investigated and shows up non-human, he can try to weasel his way out of it.


I have info that says for sure that DJ is not the third ghost. I have been posting that he is neutral to scummy-neutral so that we wouldn't look like scum-buddies. I figure now is a good time to come forward as: a. DJ is leading in the vote with a short time left, b. consensus has agreed that I'm town. One specific request for details by someone other than New User, and I will spill more. Of course, if DJ has been culted, I'm going to have egg on my face.

In the meantime, to put it to the tie-breaker role implied in the rules:

Vote: New User
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
New User
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby New User » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:11 pm UTC

Unfortunately, that does little to convince me. Without knowing what this evidence is, I can't make any sort of judgement. I can only go by my own evaluation of Djehuty's behavior.

I will claim my role to try to save my skin if it comes down to it. If moody has evidence that is believable, I will be looking at just_me or Kalira as the next ghost.

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby Diemo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:51 pm UTC

My powers are that I have the tie-breaker vote. So a tied vote which I am not voting in means that we no-lynch.

Oh, and once I lynch town my tie-breaker ability goes away. This is one reason that I have not been voting, as I wanted to keep that tiebreaker ability.

Hmm, if we give DJ the benefit of the doubt for now, and we have kalira either telling the truth or being a really ballsy scum, and I like to reward risky play, so that basically leaves it as a choice between New User and just_me. Neither of them are particularly townie to me, and both of them are trying to kill Vytron. Given that it is possible that there is a 4-person team, I think that it is possible, if a bit unlikely, that they are both scum. If they are then one of them is the roleblocker.

Oh, and in terms of the Madge thingy, it seems quite likely that scum role-blocked one of the cops and killed the other one. I would expect the other cop to die tonight, though if they have a roleblocker then mpolo might live.

For now, I am going to
Vote: just_me
as New User appears to be making more of an effort to scum hunt.

But I will be online later to change that before the deadline if needed (I am not going to let a tied vote go down!)
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
New User
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby New User » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:57 pm UTC

I'm not trying to kill Vytron. Did you mean Djehutynackt?

I am willing to change my vote to just_me but I'd like some other player to weigh in on this.

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby Diemo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:01 pm UTC

Frick. Yeah, I did mean DJ. Sorry Vytron
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby mpolo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:12 pm UTC

Well, this is just ridiculous.

My read of kalira (that is wild guess) is Vincent Van Ghoul, as he's the townie character that most seems to have been able to swing the other way from the series.

I am going to have to trust moody for now that DJ is not scum. I had a generally good vibe there.

New User was worrying until he presented his reasons for the DJ vote.

Which leaves me at just_me.

Which produces a 3-way tie, but presumably one that Diemo can break.

Vote: just_me
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
New User
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby New User » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:25 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:I am going to have to trust moody for now that DJ is not scum. I had a generally good vibe there.

Can you please elaborate on what this good vibe is? Moody has claimed to be a tracker and has claimed his tracking results from both nights. What information can he possibly have that would indicate Djehuty is not scum?

Since it's not something moody did, it must have been something Djehuty did, but there are only a few possibilities I can think of. One is that Djehuty recruited moody into a mason group, but even if that's true then it doesn't make Djehuty town. It does, however, mean the Djehuty is unlikely to also be the one who roleblocked mpolo since it's unlikely he can recruit someone and also roleblock someone during the same night.

Another possibility is that Djehuty recruited moody into some sort of cult.

Is there another town power role I'm not thinking of that Djehuty could have, that could have proven his towniness to moody?

Yet another possibility is that moody was never town to begin with.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby mpolo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:33 pm UTC

I think it unlikely that moody wasn't town to start.

But you may be right that they are both cult. I really need to go to bed, but I'm going to try to skim now…
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:37 pm UTC

New User wrote: since I have been suspecting Djehuty for a long time. I have had a nagging feeling that he is scum for this entire game.


If anyone goes and looks at New Users posts related to me from mid D1/D2, one will find this statement inconsistent with his public statements about me from the time.

This indicates that he either has been dishonest, is dishonest now, or the whole thing is a charade. All of which has a scummy air to it.

New User wrote: Then, he made it a point to wait until just before the vote deadline to make a post explaining that a scum player could have easily taken the opportunity to vote for William, throwing him under the bus so to speak. He even included an apologetic comment to William when he said William's play wasn't the best during D1. This looks like DJ was drawing attention to the fact that he didn't vote for William, saying that is what scum would have done, therefor he himself is not scum.


Although I was hoping we'd have consideration of multiple candidates D1, it was pretty clear all along that we were lynching William. And despite my warning that scum do in fact bandwagon onto a lost cause of their team, it was also obvious before William was lynched that there would be questioning of those who didn't vote for him/detracted to Unix anyways.

Point being: If I was scum it would have been painfully obvious D1 that me explicitly not voting for William D1 (instead of voting for him or voting for someone else with little fanfare) would bring me a lot of suspicion and attention in subsequent days.

And with Roband dead and William clearly going to die, why would I as a scum risk bringing myself that attention? It would have been much safer for me to jump on the bandwagon or vote for someone else quietly. It makes no sense. Your very analysis below suggests I would naturally try to blend in and this is probably the furthest from blending in I could possibly attempt.

New User wrote:Now, he has no reason to be as careful with his comments, no reason to try to avoid voting for anyone that any other player calls suspicious.


I disagree. A surviving scum-member has a lot of reason that he/she needs to be careful.

New User wrote:He has also been trying to push the idea that non-human does not imply scum. I believe he is non-human, i.e. a ghost, and he is putting forth that idea so that when he is investigated and shows up non-human, he can try to weasel his way out of it.


I would like to assert here and now that I am in fact a human and invite any non-lethal method of investigation into that fact.



Ninja'd by Diemo and Mpolo and New User (my internet is shaky at the moment):

I have to admit, I've been suspicious of just_me too, and a possible scum-team with New User. If there ends up being no culty, this is one of my top suspicions. Unless of course they're both cult (not impossible).

I may be willing to vote for just_me, though with my analysis of New User above he seems a bit more of a sure-fire bet at the moment. And his willingness to so easily switch to Just_me (only if everyone else is on board, mind) confuses me after such a lengthy attack on me above.


This really means nothing unconfirmed, but I'd like to assert I'm not in a cult with Moody. I'll leave Moody to answer New User's accusations, as they are directed towards him.

Once again, I'm open to any non-lethal town investigation.

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby eculc » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:38 pm UTC

oookay, sorry everyone for not posting but I was overwhelmed for a bit and couldn't find the time.

Now that I have some free time though...I guess I'll start from the top. I'll write this whole thing out as I go, so if you see me asking questions that are later cleared up that's why. I'll figure out my final conclusions at the end, so I guess I'll put this whole thing in a spoiler so that people don't have to look at a huge wall of text if they just want to see what I think.

So, let's get to it.
Spoiler:
Vytron's assumption about daphne blocking the kill on fred seems to be supported by flavor and role. However, Madge's role reveal only said that she was a bodyguard, not that she had a cop power, so maybe the cop-claim she made of me being human is false? I don't really like casting suspicion on myself, but thought I should point it out.

Re: cult (again). It's starting to look less and less like there's a cult in this game. Given that there's been several dead players and no hint of a cult yet, It seems unlikely to me that they're present. Then again, maybe we've just been unlucky as far as finding the cult goes. I agree with mpolo's thoughts that flim-flam not being a deculter (as he would appear to be in flavor) also suggests that there isn't a cult, but maybe roles aren't being completely revealed? that would also explain madge's not having a cop power in the reveal at the beginning of the day.

Mpolo, I doubt that NU is neither human nor non-human. I think we can assume you were roleblocked. (Dj says this a few posts later)

Diemo confirms he's freddy. That would imply to me that he was the one originally targeted for the NK. Seems odd, given that madge, mpolo, and moody all seem to me like confirmed town power roles. (diemo says this himself a few posts later)

moody tracked madge, says she visited just_me. That would confirm that she does have a power despite not being informed of it by the flip. Might mean that freezeblade was more than just a vanilla survivor.

Kalira takes responsibility for trying to kill diemo/freddy with a one-shot NK. Given that diemo wasn't looking too good D2 It doesn't seem like an odd pick, but it makes me wonder what happened to the mafia NK. She suggests that flavor says madge was attacked directly by something else as well. Madge did claim a power D2, so I don't think she would be an out-there target for the NK. NU discounts the flavor suggestion, says he doesn't trust kalira's claim to be human and town.

NU votes for DJ. This seems to be building off the suspicion he had for Dj D2.

Vytron redirected madge to just_me, explains why moody tracked her to him. Vytron also seems wary of a bandwagon forming on Dj for being the easiest lynch target thanks to NU's early vote.

Dj doesn't feel comfortable with NU's vote. Despite looking like an OMGUS I'm inclined to agree, NU's vote looks fishy to start with and he doesn't really have much justification for it.

NU says his vote is based on a "nagging feeling" that Dj is scum. I don't really want to go over every point in the post, but I'll sum it up this way: Everything he's saying is speculation, in my mind, at best. The fact that he's voting on what looks to me like a hunch has me unsettled.

Diemo and mpolo both vote for just_me. They're both semi-confirmed town at this point, and I'm inclined to believe them, but I'm finding NU more scummy right now and I don't really know which way to vote.


Final conclusions from everything I've seen here so far, summed up neatly: Probably no cult, I believe diemo's fred claim (I'm not fred, by the way), Still don't see why people don't like Dj, Don't trust NU right now. I trust diemo and mpolo, but I disagree with their votes.

Between kalira, just_me, New User, and Dj, I'm finding NU to be the scummiest and Dj the towniest. Kalira slightly more townie than just_me.

Vote: New User

It looks to me like NU wanted to lynch Dj and tried to find evidence to justify it.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby mpolo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:41 pm UTC

I just realized the information that moody could have that would clear DJ of mafia-dom (though not of cult-recruit-dom). If moody is who we think he is, who is his best friend who has his favorite treat? I could imagine that being given as a mini-mason group (with or without communication) at the beginning of the game. Which means, I'm going to leave my vote where I have it.

Double Ninja: I don't object to that lynch either.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby Diemo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:10 pm UTC

Yeah, I don't really object to a NU lynch either at the moment.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby Diemo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:13 pm UTC

Oh, and moody could be right, it would make sense that moody would know his best friend.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
New User
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby New User » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:16 pm UTC

Well I had pretty well convinced myself that Djehuty is scum, but I'll gladly change my vote to just_me since several players think moody can vouch for Djehuty. If proving he is town to moody is Djehuty's power role, that means that just_me and myself are the only two who have not claimed our power roles. I mean, Djehuty hasn't claimed either and we are just going on mpolo's speculation here. Or, wait, I don't remember eculc claiming, but no matter, he is considered town since Madge's claim D2. And I'll only claim my role if it's absolutely necessary to save my skin.

Unvote
Vote: just_me

just_me
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby just_me » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:06 pm UTC

unvote
I really though DJ was scum. In light of moodys post:
vote: New User

I am not really convinced he is scum but as I know I am not scum so he is the only one left.
If I am going to be lynched note: I doctored NU in the first night and moody in the second.
As I think there is no cult around and NU must be the last scum this should be brought home anyway.

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:16 pm UTC

Okay, with a doctor claim by Just_me I think New User is the safer bet, unless someone else counters the doctor claim, or New User can provide us with some sort of substantial information.


I highly doubt that there's only one anti-town faction left, but this is something we'll have to see.

Investigative powers on Just_me tonight would be optimal.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby Vytron » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:17 pm UTC

New User wrote:After William and roband were dead, Djehutynackt is the only ghost left alive (I know this is complete speculation but just go with me here). Now, he has no reason to be as careful with his comments, no reason to try to avoid voting for anyone that any other player calls suspicious. He has no reason to feign agreement or disagreement with anyone, he just has to go with the flow and act like a townie like everyone else, and try to avoid being lynched himself. Essentially, he has become a Serial Killer. That's why he started looking a lot townier in D2.


This is the comment that made me suspicious that your attack on DJ is not genuine. You find someone scummy, and then, a lot townier, and that makes him more scummy? Is this a lose-lose situation where one is Scummy enough in your mind that no matter what they do, if they're scummy they're scummy and if they're townie they're more scummy?

It's the first time that I've seen some wanting to lynch someone else because they're acting more towny, if someone looks more townie, it could be because initial assessments were wrong.

Other things:

We don't know if there's a cult. We don't know if there were 3 or 4 or some other number of mafiosi on the game, this theory of yours has many holes.

I didn't like your vote of just_me just now, as you didn't give a reason for it other than "nobody is following my train on DJ so I hope they follow the just_me one" which I could translate to "darn! I'm getting lynched, I just hope they lynch this other person so I'm going to vote whoever is second on the votes for no reason." Also, this could be a gambit, I could see scum!NU trying to bus scum!just_me so if there were 4 mafia and just_me flipped scum NU would look better. On the flip side if NU was scum that wouldn't make just_me look much better.

Vote: New User

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:19 pm UTC

I highly doubt that there's only one anti-town individual* left.

Not faction. Individual.

Unsure about if we have more than one anti-town faction.

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:23 pm UTC

With Vytron's vote, that's Hammer on New User, I believe.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo N3 (Gang, Assemble!)

Postby dimochka » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:46 pm UTC

Final Votals:
New User - 5 (Djehutynakht, moody7277, eculc, just_me, Vytron)
just_me - 3 (Diemo, mpolo, New User)

Hammer, New User is dead. Sorry for lack of flavor, no time unfortunately.
As before, night is 24 hours.
Last edited by dimochka on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:22 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:45 am UTC

This is a really long night.

Someone kidnap the sun?

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D3 (Ready Freddy)

Postby Vytron » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:44 am UTC

Vote Djehutynakht

For talking at night. Seriously, what is that about?
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

Image
THANKS KARHELL!! :)

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby dimochka » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:44 am UTC

The night was fairly uneventful after having lynched New User. Everyone slept as best they could with the constant creaking and the seemingly random screams.
In the morning, however, the doors to every room seemed to be stuck. Thankfully the manor was not very new, and most of the occupants made it into the living room to examine the body of New User. As suspected, it turned into a human, but the type many haven't seen for a while. Dressed head to toe in black and with a shimmering cape, he looked like a powerful wizard, clearly not from the area.


New User was Vincent Van Ghoul, a warlock and an independent survivor allied with Flim Flam. He had the ability to frame someone to appear human/non-human to investigators.
*note - I went back and added role powers to roles that have passed on.

"What was he doing here", asked Diemo of seemingly no one.
"Ri don't row, but one of these doors is rocked," answered one of the Scooby-Doos"

Everyone joined to help open the door. After a minute or so the door gave way, and unfortunately the sight in the room was not pretty. The bloated body of Velma was hanging off the side of the bed, clearly dead for several hours. In the opposite corner lay the lifeless body of Scooby, but this one didn't seem to transform. Apparently that was the real one.


mpolo is dead. He was Velma, town. He had the ability to check whether someone was human, or protect them from any of the night's events.
moody7277 is dead. He was Scooby Doo, town. He was a naive miller (for obvious reasons), and had a watcher/tracker ability.

6 alive, 4 to hammer. Official MYLO/LYLO will not be announced.
Deadline in 72 hours because of weekend (which is midnight between Sunday-Monday). Please let me know if that's an issue, in which case I could extend it an extra 24 hours at the very most.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Vytron » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 am UTC

Two deaths in one night gives credence to kalira's claim yesterday that xe targeted Diemo while mafia targeted Madge, so if Madge wasn't a Diemo's bodyguard we'd have had two deaths yesterday.

Why didn't we have two deaths on D1? I'd venture to guess that it was because sk!candyfloss didn't send any kill. Kallira then would have played a gambit by killing Diemo and claiming one-shot vigilante, let's see what they claim today, because shoots against confirmed townies could only have came from scum, so "I thought we had a cult and Moody/mpolo should have been converted by now" wouldn't fly.

With so many people dead and still no sign of cult then I no longer think one is in the game.
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

Image
THANKS KARHELL!! :)

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:10 am UTC

I will pro-offer the information that moody targeted Kalira for tracking last night.


FoS: Just_me

He claimed doctor at the end of last night and scum didn't target him? That seems extremely improbable.


Also, Kalira, did you attempt killing anyone last night?

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:05 am UTC

Remaining players:

Djehutynakht
eculc
just_me
Diemo
kalira
Vytron

6 players.

If cult exists, it is extremely likely that anti-town factions would comprise at least half, if not more, of this game.

Considering the number of independents we've found so far (3, and Kalira's claim makes/made 4), as well as the fact that we've only seen two scum, I'm going to conclude that a cult is, essentially, impossible.
_______________

A little while ago, I recall saying that if it turns out that there was no actual cult, I was going to put some suspicion on whoever first raised the possibility of the cult. I just spent several minutes looking for the quote but for whatever reason I can't find it.

But to say it again: With virtual evidence of no cult existing, I'm going to put suspicion on whoever first brought up the idea of a cult. Throughout the game it has proved a significant distraction from hunting the actual ghost mafia as well as independents. I'm aware I played into this and subsequently regret it. However, I believe it is a significant possibility at this point that someone planted the idea of a cult in order to distract the town.

Let me see...

Just_me was first:
just_me wrote:So standard question:
What do you think about the split?

So I think 9/3/3
Maybe even a cult in there. 15 Players is quite a lot. Maybe also 8/3/4.


Followed by a refute from Adam (town), Supported by moody (town),

Supported by Eculc:
eculc wrote:I expect a 9/3/2/1 or 9/4/2 (or 9/4/1/1) split will be the setup here. This makes me expect a cult or some sort of team-switching:

dimochka wrote:8... Alignments and wincons can change during the game, both as a result of claims and through other mechanisms.


That would seem to suggest that a cult may in fact be present.



So.... If I was to look at anyone for cult-talk, it'd be just_me or eculc.
____________________________


1. Kalira, what did you do last night? Was there any killing involved?

2. Vytron, who did you redirect? And where?

3. Just_me, who did you doctor?


I invoked no power consciously. We have no idea what kind of things eculc and diemo can do, so far as I know.

Also,

4. Would anyone like to counterclaim anything already mentioned (Doctor, Fred, etc.?)


Let's try and figure this out. If there are possibly 2 scum left (idea of MYLO/LYLO has been brought up) then we're going to need the majority of town to agree on a lynch. Everyone (but scum) needs to vote.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Vytron » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:05 am UTC

I have a current reason for not answering to your question currently, I will reveal what I did after more people have talked.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby mpolo » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:10 am UTC

Jinkies!
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Diemo » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:59 pm UTC

Ok, here is the way I see it.

DJ is cleared due to moody.
Eculc is human, semi-cleared due to Madge.
Vytron is semi-cleared because if he was scum he would not have come clean about the redirect.
I am cleared as the only person to claim Fred.

Which leaves just_me and kalira.

kalira, what did you do last night?

I am extremely suspicious of kalira at this point. I would like to see her and just_me lynched, so the question is which first? However, I suspect that kalira is a SK, while just_me is the surviving ghost.

Do we get told MYLOO/LYLO?
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Diemo » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:01 pm UTC

EBWOP: Apparently not, ugh
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

just_me
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby just_me » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:36 pm UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:A little while ago, I recall saying that if it turns out that there was no actual cult, I was going to put some suspicion on whoever first raised the possibility of the cult. I just spent several minutes looking for the quote but for whatever reason I can't find it.

But to say it again: With virtual evidence of no cult existing, I'm going to put suspicion on whoever first brought up the idea of a cult. Throughout the game it has proved a significant distraction from hunting the actual ghost mafia as well as independents. I'm aware I played into this and subsequently regret it. However, I believe it is a significant possibility at this point that someone planted the idea of a cult in order to distract the town.

This is a plain lie (or a sincere misconception of what happened).
Cult was never a distraction from hunting scum. If it had been we wouldn't have stuck with our conf town moody, mpolo and Vytron. I don't know why you construe this to be the case.
On the issue of cult: this is wild speculation but I think I have some arguments which need clearing in here, I will repost the questions I have underneath the spoiler if you aren't interested in the wild speculation part.
Spoiler:
Honestly I am not entirely sure that there is no cult. it would be ideal for cult to take on those people who look moderately towny but not town with a too useful PR. This would explain why moody and mpolo weren't culted, they were prone to getting killed.
Now how come we haven't seen any cult so far? Actually maybe we have. Its awkward to have to survivors aligned together. What does that actually even mean?
Case 1: They win if one of the survives: Then why didn't they just both claim, we lynch one of them to see that the claim is true the other one takes an easy win home and we know they're not scum. (modulo some post death manipulation) (I see that D1 this is not an option but as soon as we had a couple of conf town it would have been safe for them to come forward because those with strong PR would have been taken out first.
Case 2: They win if both survive: Then why didn't NU leave the game after he forfeit his wincon with flim flam dying?
Note also that the power that NU has is essentially anti-town. It messes up a cop result to get us to lynch a non-scum. Why would a survivor need an anti-town power?
On this reading we would have freezeblade or NU being our first recruiter. recruiting NU N1 is possible. He was under some fire but handled himself very well. Its interesting that his power moved on. So it seems that when freezeblade died NU got his power, (maybe also the recruiting power) so now that he died the recruiting doesn't show up, because it moved on to the next cult member. (something like this can only work if the recruiting power would be freezed for a night after it is moved to give us a chance to actually wipe out cult)
I'd rather suspect that there is actually a third person who recruited freezeblade and NU, freezeblade N1 and NU N2. Freezeblade was very much under the radar could have been scum, so having a scum cultee is perfect because it tells you who else is scum and additionally gives you influence over the NK. Plus you don't want anyone who looks to obviously scummy because they will be lynched soon.
Now DJ bringing up the cult thing again, acting as if it actually had influenced our scumhunting looks like DJ is our recruiter or our N3 recruitment target.
How about balancing with cult: if we assume that NU and freezeblade were town in the first place and we have Kalira around who might have become an SK (or actually is one).
I think with mpolo being a doc/cop, me as a doc, vytron having a redirect, moody as tracker with backup adam looks like a difficult but fair fight with a cult included.
we would end up with 1 cult, 1 sk (if one scum dies by her hands), 1 lyncher against town and 3 scum that would leave 9 of us to balance the whole thing with mentioned PR. I don't have much experience making setups but it looks like the stuff we came up with in the beginning.

Questions:
What does it mean for survivors to be aligned?
If it is that only one has to survive why didn't they claim and get it confirmed by having one of them lynched?
Why do these survivors who are basically with us or maximally neutral have anti-town powers? (eg a framing power?)

in order to distract the town.

I know my linguistic analysis gets a bit old by the time and it looks like I was wrong with eculc (although NU's power throws a shadow of doubt on any cop results)
but if you remember the first game DJ played it was exactly this kind of formulation which made it obvious that he was scum. Since then I look out for it especially when I read his posts and I haven't seen it so far. This would underline my wild speculation thesis.

1. Kalira, what did you do last night? Was there any killing involved?

2. Vytron, who did you redirect? And where?

3. Just_me, who did you doctor?

To my great shame I have to admit I didn't manage to get online this night. I wanted to do it this morning but I overslept.
I think scum didn't kill me because they knew they could take out moody as its pretty standard for a doc not to be able to target the same person twice in a row.
Maybe they also speculated on me protecting myself and took out mpolo because of the human/ghost cop, which would be pretty nasty for any scum who hides in the "conf town" group.
This hypothesis also works better because SK will probably be human thus having nothing to fear from mpolo but all the more from moody. (I am assuming SK now the answers to questions 1. and 2. might still change the analysis)

The big question for me is how the hell do we still have two kills. I know I am not scum, Kalira can only be responsible for one of the two kills.
That means something with our old analysis has to be wrong.
Dj has been vouched for by moody but we don't know any details and now moody is dead.
Diemo is conf town without counterclaim.
eculc has a cop result by conf town.
Vytron was involved in the muddle and correctly claimed the redirect clearing up plenty of wine.
Kalira

So I will wait for Vytrons and Kaliras response.
I have a theory but I need to know what happened first.
I think Kalira needs to claim before Vytron.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Vytron » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:55 pm UTC

I don't like the last message of just_me, I have some piece of information that would have been important for their defense, which now it's pointless with the "whoops guys! I just overslept and couldn't send actions" which is the cheapest pretext for a doctor-false claim.

Still, since I'd have found very unlikely for the game to have started with no doctor, and with no counterclaim (which would be smart, as a doctor that knows just_me is lying just needs to vote them without outing themselves out), I will not claim before Kalira.

Still, at this moment I'd like to see just_me lynched, this whole "there must be a cult and DJ must be the recruiter" looks a bit desperate, I think it's more likely that just_me is scum than Dj is cult.

Cult means you have to recruit everyone else (but survivors) to win, survivor means you have to remain alive when the game is over, what's with these argument trying to convince us that survivors=cult? Town is able to win with survivors, so lynching survivors doesn't get us closer to our wincon.
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

Image
THANKS KARHELL!! :)

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby kalira » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:04 pm UTC

I am out of town -- tried to log on earlier via mobile device but had some issues.

Apparently my job in this game is to potentially clear other people and look as suspicious as possible. But apparently our theoretically cleared group is not all cleared. (Read on for why I think this is.)

I did not kill anyone last night. Evidence of that is the fact that I am still alive. Remember when I said there was something in the message from the mod that made me sure I was not going to switch alignments? That thing was that I could continue to use the knife as a night vig kill, but if I hit town again, I would feel so guilty that I would kill myself as well.

I have another power at night. I have the keys to everyone's rooms and can lock someone in for the night should I so choose. I was still suspicious of Dj, thinking that maybe if NU flipped town that Dj really was our last ghost. I didn't want to risk killing him with the knife in case he was town, in which case town would lose both of us in the same night. I did lock him in his room, however. So whoever killed moody and mpolo last night, Dj didn't do the actual murdering. Not saying he isn't scum, but he could not have killed anyone last night unless someone redirected my night power.

That said, two murders last night. I know I didn't kill anyone, and I know Dj didn't commit a night kill himself (again, unless I was redirected). Even if just_me is scum/indy, there is still at least one other out there. I think we need to take another look at our "cleared" group. I will re-read that whole section later tonight and see what I can gather from it.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Vytron » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:27 pm UTC

Agh! Kalira, that doesn't fly either! Moody had told us that DJ was town, and Moody has been confirmed town, so that you decided to lock DJ makes no sense.

At this point...

Diemo wrote:However, I suspect that kalira is a SK, while just_me is the surviving ghost.


I believe this is correct.

I also believe just_me is a roleblocker, this is because:

I redirected just_me to eculc on the night. This would exculpate just_me, as eculc is still alive, just_me couldn't have killed mpolo or Moody. But we have the hole of mpolo getting roleblocked the other day, so, for this I think what is happening is that the last mafia member has a roleblock as well as a kill.

The theory:

just_me roleblocks me so I can't redirect them, kills mpolo/Moody.
Kalira kills the other.

The Mod can disprove this theory by answering this question:

If a redirector and a roleblocker target each other, does the roleblock get redirected, or is the redirect blocked?

If the roleblock is redirected, then that would clear just_me in my mind, as they couldn't have killed mpolo or moody, eculc would have died.

Note: this is the reason I couldn't answer earlier, as if I revealed I redirected just_me, scum!just_me could then just claim that they protected mpolo/Moody, and that it was my fault they couldn't be saved.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby dimochka » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:16 am UTC

roleblocks take precedence over other actions. So a redirect would not happen if the person was roleblocked.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Vytron » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:30 am UTC

Thanks.

Theory stands:

Vote just_me

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Djehutynakht » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:09 am UTC

dimochka wrote:*note - I went back and added role powers to roles that have passed on.


Oh Dimochka! You're so kind to the town!


Let's see here...

dimochka wrote:mpolo is dead. He was Velma, town. He had the ability to check whether someone was human, or protect them from any of the night's events.


dimochka wrote:Madge is dead. She was Daphne, town and unknowingly a bodyguard for Fred. She also had a slew of powers to choose from each night that had a 50% chance of failure.



Well then:

It seems that we have one dead townie with a confirmed doctor ability, and a second who may have had a doctor ability.

Based on the fact that mpolo could have chosen to be a doctor full-time (but had the cop choice, which we saw him use), I'm going to say that there's enough evidence to debunk Just_me's doctor claim.


Ah... but what have we here...

dimochka wrote:freezeblade was Flim-Flam, an independent survivor. He had the ability to redirect any actions from him to anyone else (causing actions targeting the other person to instead target him)



Hm....

An independent survivor.... with a redirect ability.

Methinks that Vytron has been lying to us too.




Alright then...

We have a dead doctor, and a dead redirector (non-town), and two people claiming to be doctor and redirector.


I say we demand some good explanations from both Just_me and Vytron.


Kalira I'm also suspicious of, based on what she's told us, but based on Dimochka's apparent disposition for odd powers, chance results and the fact that Kalira has been absolutely honest with us, including confessing to the murder of a townie, I'm going to put trust in her claims for now.



So... let's see some explanations.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Vytron » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:55 am UTC

What do I have to explain? You yourself said that Madge and mpolo had duplicate doctor abilities, possibly (as a reason to suspect just_me), so if you accept the existence of players with duplicate powers then you can't say if freezeblade had a redirect power then nobody else could have it.

Are you doubting now my redirect powers? If that's the case, you now suspect that eculc could be scum? Remember that mpolo got a non-human result on him, so it could have been Madge's result that was insane, or how do you explain the non-human result? (mpolo or Madge had to be insane since both targeted eculc but got different results)

Also, Moody tracked my approach to mpolo, if mpolo didn't die and his cop result on eculc (as non-human) went through, then, what do you think my ability/effect on mpolo was? Was it a stroke of luck that I claimed the redirect was to moody and by coincidence he was non-human?

Doubting my claim of redirector has several implications, it seems this adds to the pile of your attacks on me the other day (first you accused me of being scummy just by having this power, now you're accusing me of not having this power?)

I therefore don't think that there being other people with protective powers proves that just_me is lying about their doctor powers, but I do think they're lying about their doctor powers for other reasons

They not protecting who they claim they thought were going to be attacked for oversleeping despite Night being very long = scum pretending to be doctor's easy way to explain failure to save instead of having to come up with an explanation for protecting someone else (i.e. if just_me was to claim they protected Kalira last night they would have to provide a good reason for it, like this, they don't).


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests