The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby kalira » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:24 pm UTC

Okay, many apologies about my non-appearances this weekend. Prepping for and taking part in a wedding, nuff said. Anyway, I'm back full time now, not that it will do me much good as I am likely to be killed soon, though. :lol:
Dim, many thanks for extension :)

Vytron wrote:N2 the kill failed, you as SK would have attacked Diemo and then claimed it publicly as a vig kill to look townie, then come up with the bright idea of "I withheld my kill because if I hit town I'd die" - something you'd have been expected to be told about since receiving your role so why didn't you say that from the start?


Timeline -- Day 2: I was given my role and began playing. Night 2: I was required to use a night kill, which would determine my alignment. Day 3: I was told my alignment is town, and that I feel guilty over hitting town, and if I do it again, I will feel so overly guilty I will kill myself too. I wasn't told that information when I received my role because I didn't have an alignment yet. It seems to me it makes little sense for the mod to send me an initial role PM with information as specific as "if you hit town twice, you'll kill yourself" -- since when have role PMs been that specific? In addition, it makes absolutely no sense for me to have been told that *before I was given an alignment* -- if the mod told me I was scum or SK or something, having a caveat in place whereby if I hit town with a NK twice I die would really seem to go against win conditions.

I did not mention anything about the fact that I have continued vig kill ability because of exactly what Dj mentions in a later post. If I hit town, we both die. I didn't know how many scum were left, and I didn't trust the ability of the group to figure out who scum was, with scum actively trying to redirect conversation, well enough to trust the group with the possibility of two town night kills. If I had hit town last night, we would have lost 4 townies instead of 2 -- that is some apocalypse-level stuff for this stage of the game.

Dj, re: moody getting human/non-human results, I will admit that I was rushing to get out that post and couldn't remember off the top of my head what moody's claimed night role was. In any case, he never came back with anything after implying you were town, and I simply wasn't sure. However, since I roleblocked you and it's pretty clear to me that you didn't cause either of the kills last night due to that fact, I am much more sure of your towniness. And now that how moody was sure of you has come to light, I am even more sure -- there is a possibility one of the regular "gang" is a villain in disguise (at least if you go with regular Scooby flavor), but I'm not too sure about how distinct a possibility it is. I'm just going to err on the side of giving "regulars" a pass at the moment.

There is one other thing worrying me, and that's from a re-read of morning flavor. One of the Scoobies says that a door is locked, and inside are found Velma and real-Scooby's bodies. My roleblock is specifically a locking of doors, as I mentioned before. I blocked Dj, but apparently he seems to have had only a mason chat for night actions, which would have been unaffected by any blocking (honestly, I submitted my roleblock late, so your chatting was probably over before I did that anyway). It's possible I was redirected by scum (and yes, I know you guys are sick of me speculating redirect), because Diemo has no other night actions that he/we can see that did not happen. My brain is still mush -- we have two claimed redirectors, right? Vytron is one, and I'll have to go look back to see if there is another/who that is. If we have two redirectors in game, is it not possible that one is scum redirector? I am obviously still not sure if someone redirected me, but the fact that a locked door is mentioned standing between us and the morning deaths worries me. And yes, before you say anything, the fact that I am speculating that having two redirectors upping the chances of one being scum, and the fact that I am one of two claimed roleblockers, is not lost on me. I can only assure you that as far as I am aware, I am and will always be town.

(I have more to say, but I have to go off to do something for work. Will hopefully be back shortly.)
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby eculc » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:47 pm UTC

Honestly, just_me looks like scum getting desperate and trying to stay alive a bit longer. I definitely don't believe the doc claim.

As for kalira, I'm not sure that she's a vig like she says and not a SK. It's the only reason I can come up with that explains the two NKs last night.

I think just_me is the better lynch today. I'm more confident that he's scum than I am that kalira is a SK. That said, I'm not going to vote just yet since it looks like one more vote on just_me would be hammer and we want as much time as we can get before the day is over.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby kalira » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:27 pm UTC

EBWOP for my last: I am finding it hard keeping track of the claimed/revealed roles. I see on reread that freezey was an indy redirector. That probably should change something about my thoughts of mafia redirector.

To those still saying I'm SK... If I were SK, one of the stupidest things I could have done would be to have targeted moody or mpolo last night for killing. Both were pretty well confirmed as town. I had already laid claim to one of Madge’s deaths (since I believe two hit her), and while she was also pretty well confirmed town, I had targeted Diemo, who at that point wasn’t, and was still under suspicion.

If people believed that I had ongoing night killing abilities as SK, me killing moody or mpolo would basically have been a death sentence for me. I can’t see how that would work out well for me at all, unless I crosskilled with any other night kill, which would have been a wash anyway. I would more likely have targeted one of the still suspect people instead (like just_me). If I hit an indy or mafia, I could claim it and look much better, and if it hit town, I could either claim I hadn’t killed (e.g., that I was a one-shot), or that I had killed the scummy looking townie because they looked scummy and whoops, that was a mistake.

At this point, I trust Diemo and Dj the most. I inadvertently appear to have cleared both of them (unfortunately at the cost of Madge, in Diemo’s case), and they are both members of the regular Scooby gang. It seems very unlikely to me that either is scum. That leaves Vytron, eculc, and just_me, and there have to be 2 scum within that group, unless there is magically some kind of double kill for a single mafia person or some townie has not come forward with a night kill targetted against a scummy looking person that appears not to have gone through, which seems impossible at this point.

Right now we are at 4-2 or 4-1-1. If we can figure out who one of the (theoretically) two scum in [Vytron, eculc, just_me] is and lynch said person, I am willing to let Diemo and Dj decide which of the other two I target for roleblock tonight, though I would suggest Vytron (please read on before you comment, Vytron). If I vig the wrong person in the night, we will lose one scum at lynch and three townies in the night, which puts us at 1-1 ergo town loss tomorrow morning, so I would be very hesitant to do that -- not to mention the fact that scum!Vytron could redirect my kill to do exactly that.

If I roleblock, it will override any night kill and night action. I would suggest that I target Vytron because scum!Vytron would not be able to redirect it if I targeted him for roleblock, nor would he be able to perform the night kill. Town!Vytron will hopefully read the rest of this and realize that this will lead to town victory. If in the morning there is no kill, we would be at (4-1). Either scum has held back a kill to frame the other suspect, or I have blocked the scum. We lynch one of the remaining two of the three listed above, leaving us at 3-1 or winning the game come nightfall. If we are at 3-1 at that point, scum cannot win (assuming you trust me, of course). Scum kills one of the 3, remaining two town lynch scum next day.

If there is a kill in the night, we start the day off at 3-1. The person that I blocked is not scum. We lynch the one of two remaining of those suspects that I did not block. Win.

I really hope that I’m not missing something there and my logic train fails. And like I said, this only works if you trust me. If I am killed by scum tonight, my roleblock still goes through, so the outcome would be the same regardless of whether I am alive in the morning or not. I tried to think of a way to make this work by me using the vig kill, regardless of whether it kills me, but I can’t see a way unless there is a 100% possibility of hitting scum. So, like I said, as far as I can see, as long as we lynch scum today, we are guaranteed town victory.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:30 pm UTC

updated OP with dead players. Deadline in 7.5 hours.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby kalira » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:01 pm UTC

EBWOP Actually, now that I think about it, we only have to figure out one of the one or two scum present in [just_me, eculc], since I can block Vytron tonight and all that other stuff I said in my post. Going back to re-read those two. Any thoughts?
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:37 pm UTC

Interesting content Kalira. Excuse me if I don't reply for a little while because it was quite a bit.

As for Eculc... anything else? Very quiet for all that's going on today (I mean, obviously, I get people aren't always in the post-5-paragraphs mood, but compared to most everyone else it's pretty small)

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:00 pm UTC

Votals:
just_me - 2 (diemo, vytron)

Deadline in roughly 5 hours (even if you hammer early as I will not be available from now till about 20 minutes past deadline).

Just like before - feel free to send actions earlier. If everyone (not majority but specifically everyone) confirms via PM that we're ok to start next day early, we'll do that.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Diemo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:04 pm UTC

Unvote

Do others want to kill just_me so I don't lose my power if we are wrong? I'm pretty sure that I am not, but why bother have taking chances?
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby kalira » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:09 pm UTC

Wait, Diemo, did I miss something? You lose your power if you vote townie? or if you are the last vote on townie?

Still reading on j_m and eculc, haven't really had time yet, but I head home soon. Have been refreshing to see what new things are said though.

Eculc is auto-looking bad for only having one post today, in which he says pretty much nothing other than trying to throw j_m under the bus. Not sure if that's just him not having time to post, or what, though.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Diemo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:28 pm UTC

I lose my power if I lunch a townie, yes
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:48 pm UTC

Vote: Just_me

I've sort of given up on Eculc so I'm ready to roll this gravy-train... or something along those lines.

Zoinks.

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Diemo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:31 am UTC

Cool. I'm to bed but think just-me will be lynched. Sorry about name being misspelt on phone
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby kalira » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:33 am UTC

Yeah, they've both been kind of running under the wire for the most part the whole game. I'll block Vytron tonight, unless I hear from Dj and Diemo otherwise, and we'll see where we stand from there.

Vytron, I have to note, did ask for an extension of a day in order to have more time for discussion, which strikes me as an eminently townie thing to do. I suppose we shall see where this leads though.

Also, Diemo and Dj, if one of you is playing the long con and is actually scum, I will be a very unhappy kalira. That is all.

Vote: just_me
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby Vytron » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:06 am UTC

Okay, I'll still send my redirect action in case kalira is lying about their powers.

I think that if eculc or DJ or Diemo are scum, we have lost (the case where they withhold their kill to frame me is indistinguishable from the case where kalira withholds their kill to frame me - with no deaths I'm lynched, which is worse than having been lynched today if just_me flips town.)

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D4 (Who are you!?)

Postby dimochka » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:12 am UTC

final votals:
just_me - 3 (kalira, dj, vytron)

just_me has been lynched. flavor in the next 15 minutes, meanwhile feel free to start your night actions, if any.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo N4 (Rock-a-bye Nighty)

Postby dimochka » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:44 am UTC

For the fourth day in a row, the storm raged on to no end. At the same time, the accusations in the house kept flying at speeds nearly as fast as the wind outside.

"You killed Scooby!" shouted one guest at the persona closest to him.
"I heard you attack Velma!" retorted another.
"Everyone just calm down", meekly attempted Fred, still distraught over the deaths of his friends.
"Well then, Mr. leader, what are we planning to do?" rebutted the first guest.
"I think that just_me has to be responsible for these deaths", retorted Fred.
"It's definitely just_me", added Vytron, "it cannot be anyone else! His voice is very strange!"

Several others agreed, and took it upon themselves to get rid of just_me. Fred himself refused to participate in the lynching, as he had for his entire stay in the house, but he nonetheless supported the idea. Just_me, on the other hand, hardly resisted. Soon, his lifeless body lay on the floor immobile, and everyone decided to take their rest, hoping that this was the house was cleansed. Maybe come morning, the front door will open?


All actions must be sent within 24 hours.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby dimochka » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:45 pm UTC

The morning came, and the remaining guests gathered in the living room. It was obvious that the events of the past week took a toll on them, but they were resolved to figure out what's going on.

First, they wen't over to examine the body of just_me, or rather the translucent puddle that was left in its place.
"Smells like a ghost to me", muttered one of the guests.
"I agree, but look at how clearly the puddle reflects back at us, as if it's a mirror", noted another.

And indeed, the puddle seemed to display everyone and everything in the room. Unfortunately it did not do much to reveal the real personalities behind the guests' facades.


just_me is dead. He was Reflector Specter, scum. He had the ability to trap people in his mirror and roleblock them for the night.

The guests were visibly elated, but as they turned around, they noticed Fred's body by the door. He seemed to have a large hole in his chest and must have been dead for at least a few hours.

Diemo is dead. He was Fred, town. He had a mason chat power and a tiebreaker vote ability.

Four alive, three to lynch. Deadline at 4PM EST on Thursday.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby kalira » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:06 pm UTC

Well I blocked Vytron last night. The fact that we still had a death makes me 100% sure eculc is scum. Money where my mouth is.

Vote eculc
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:48 am UTC

Hm...

Would we be told if the mafia faction as a whole was eliminated?

Well, there was only one kill last night, which is good.

I have to wonder now... Is a scum still out there, or are we left simply with an SK/anti-town indie?

Is it possible that both remain? I shudder at the thought.

If I was to assume Kalira is telling the truth, and two scum are left, both Eculc and Vytron scummy, but of different factions. Since Vytron was roleblocked, he wouldn't be able to kill, meaning only one kill would happen.


Re: Powers existing in duplicates - As Just_me was in fact not a doctor, I'm more skeptical of their existence.


In any case I'll put forth that I did nothing special last night. My power involves certain aspects of night immunity.

Vytron, who did you claim to have redirected (or attempted to), and where?

Eculc - What are your powers and what do they involve. We have a decent claim of those from everyone here but you.

Considering this day is the last, it's time to dump those chips on the table, my friend.

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:51 am UTC

*Is probably the last. We could choose NL and try to narrow down, or any number of things could happen involving a blocked kill tonight or several various factors.

But it's highly likely that today may be our last.

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby kalira » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:24 am UTC

Sorry, let me clarify. I don't think we have two scum left. I think j_m was the last of the mafia, and eculc is some variety of SK. Like I said in my last post from yesterday, Vytron appeared to me to be town-leaning on reread, especially given the fact that he asked for an extension of a day. I blocked him just so that I could be sure that actions happened the way they were input by people. For instance, if I had blocked scum!eculc instead of town!Vytron, Vytron could have redirected me to someone else, and I would not be sure whether the kill this morning was him or eculc.

Since we already killed a non-town redirector, and Vytron claims redirect as well, it is very doubtful there is a third redirect. So I have to believe that by blocking Vytron, everyone else's actions happened to the letter as they were sent to dim. My blocking Vytron means he could not have committed the kill last night, obviously Diemo didn't kill himself, and I know it wasn't you based on my blocking you a previous night when there was a kill and (in my mind, a now confirmed town) Vytron saying that he had not redirected that block. So that leaves me and eculc. I know I'm town (WIFOM, I know), and the only time I used my knife vig-kill was N2 when I was required to, so the final scum must be eculc.

Dj, we could try NL if you prefer. I can tell you exactly what I will do if that is the case. If Vytron agrees not to redirect me, I will block and vig-kill eculc. If he will not agree to that, I will block Vytron and vig-kill eculc. That would mean losing one of [Dj, Vytron] to eculc's NK, but we would still win. I will go along with whatever you and Vytron prefer, since I am already positive of the outcome being town win.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby Vytron » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:37 am UTC

I redirected Eculc to kalira, because, yes, I expected just_me to be town, and flip doctor, and then, since they weren't from the mafia, kalira got to be guilty, but with someone else to explain the extra death. From the group of people of "outsiders" I agreed that eculc got to be the last scum. In this scenario Kalira is outright lying about their lock ability so my redirect goes through and scum!eculc kills kalira, if kalira drops dead I know eculc is scum so we lynch them and win.

just_me flipping town took me by surprise, but it doesn't make things easier.

I expected scum!kalira to withhold their kill and claim to have roleblocked me to convince people to lynch me, as the "fact" that they roleblocked me and there was no death must have meant I was the last scum. Diemo's death was a shocker! Does this clear kalira? No!

The problem with that idea is after kalira gets me lynched and I flip town they get lynched and they lose, so killing anyway and convincing people that eculc is scum to get hem lynched seems like a better strategy.

The difference with withholding a kill and getting me lynched and killing Diemo and getting eculc lynched is that it's the same but with one town less to deal with.

The problem with THAT idea is that no matter what kalira did, they'd look scummy, turning this into wine :(

So this is it, is eculc human Serial Killer? Is kalira lying through their teeth? I have no idea.

Dj, what do you think about No Lynch plan? Seems that in the scenario where kalira is town and eculc is mafia, kalira kills them on the night, and in the scenario where kalira is scum and eculc is town, she kills hims, flips town, and we lynch kalira the next day anyway. Of course I'd agree to not redirect kalira, which would be stupid.

PS - And congrats in advance to scum!DJ if it turns out you're SK, you've managed to be the last person I'd want to lynch, at least, a Scooby Doo game where Shaggy was surprise SK and kills everyone else would be satisfying after I suspected this was the case :P

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:15 am UTC

Vytron wrote:I redirected Eculc to kalira, because, yes, I expected just_me to be town, and flip doctor,


I'm a little suspicious of this, as you were originally up and ready to lynch Just_me yesterday. I'm not quite so how well I feel on this.

Vytron wrote:kalira got to be guilty, but with someone else to explain the extra death. From the group of people of "outsiders" I agreed that eculc got to be the last scum.


You were decently suspicious of me yesterday... abandoning after practically-confirmed Diemo shouted his opinion.. multiple times. Where were you suspicious of eculc exactly?

I admit, it was pretty hard to be tangibly suspicious of him. He's been relatively quiet and so there's not much to go on. Quiet could be a scum-tactic, but he may also just not post much (personally I'd find it a rather boring tactic).


Vytron wrote: I expected scum!kalira to withhold their kill and claim to have roleblocked me to convince people to lynch me, as the "fact" that they roleblocked me and there was no death must have meant I was the last scum.


How? We had 2 deaths yesterday. Even with this plan (and you suspecting Just_me as town) we'd still have at least one kill left.


Vytron wrote:Diemo's death was a shocker!


Not at all really. I was absolutely unsurprised. Diemo was by far the most confirmed townie person here. Killing him leaves everyone left with just a taint of suspicion... good for endplay.


My softclaim worries me for tonight but... recourses... recourses...


Vytron, your recent analysis has confused me very much indeed and is filled with a ton of speculation, leading me to be naturally wary of it.


Vytron wrote:Dj, what do you think about No Lynch plan? Seems that in the scenario where kalira is town and eculc is mafia, kalira kills them on the night, and in the scenario where kalira is scum and eculc is town, she kills hims, flips town, and we lynch kalira the next day anyway. Of course I'd agree to not redirect kalira, which would be stupid.


Well let me see...

If we no-lynch, we are in fact hoping for scum to knock one of us off. If they somehow fail it will raise some interesting questions, but, nonetheless, defeat the purpose of narrowing us down to 3.

Another option we could consider is seeing if "suicide" is possible. That is... someone shouts their rolename to the heavens to be modkilled.

(I'm not quite sure shouting ones rolename would result in a modkill definitely, I only recall Dimochka mentioning "measures" to deal with claiming... not sure what they are. It's very possible no death would occur in order to stop our plans...Or anything else)

A townie suicide has the benefit of us controlling who dies, rather than waiting till night and letting scum decide (unless Dimochka would count the modkill as a lynch and end the day... in which case this idea is out of the question). Dead would be confirmed townie, and we'd have three people from which to choose. However, if there are two anti-town people left... this idea would lose us the game. Ergo it's very risky in that regard, not to mention all the other variables of how Dimochka would judge it).


Regarding the possibility of having 3 people left... it would be more helpful. My worries are for scum to target whoever looks towniest again today, and we're left in gridlock. Also, if there is in fact two remaining anti-town people alive (Mafia and SK?) We're in trouble unless one hits the other tonight (or, golden, they hit each other).

I say we still have to examine.


I'd like Eculc, as stated, to give some more content. It is desperately needed. All cards on the table people, save the one with your name on it.


Looking at Eculc's posting so far (thank the gods for "sort by Author"), I summarize his content as follows:

D1 (10 posts)

Pre Unix/Roband collapse (8 posts):
-Suggests a cult (though no use worrying about it D1), predicts a few power roles
-Apprehensive to vote for anyone until he sees content
-Defends against accusations of lurking as a reason for scumminess
-"Someone who's actively making themselves look bad is a better vote than someone who's straight-up lurking" (I'm a bit suspicious of this as his current philosophy)
-Suspicion over empty content
-Wary over jumping on a bandwagon/voting unless needed
-Unsure of Vytron

Post Unix/Roband (2 posts):
-Continues to be unsure of bandwagons, then jumps on William vote.


D2 (5 posts):
-Thinks we have 1 remaining scum left (Roband indication, though unsure if he's misleading)
-More trusting of Vytron (Roband attack likely genuine and coming from scum)
- (After mpolo non-human claim on him] Claims humanity, prefers not to disclose existence of power role.
-Suspicious of mpolo for his claim against him in public (and of claiming cop so early)
-Very long defense of self, examining multiple scenarios as to why mpolo made this claim and why he may have done so. Suggests testing Mpolo's cop
-Confident in Vytron's redirection explanation, as well as Moody's softclaim.
-Supports an extension of D2,
-Claims he's had less time to examine/post (possibly his current situation?)

D3 (1 post):
-Apologizes for lack of posting; says he can't find the time/was overwhelmed
-Long spoilered analysis of the da
-Cult seems unlikely

D4 (1 post):
-Believes Just_me is scum,
-Doesn't believe the doctor claim
-Not sure Kalira isn't a SK instead of a town vig
-Says he wants to vote Just_me, but refrains so hammer doesn't stop town discussion. Doesn't return to vote later.


Honestly, Eculc could be busy; he's claimed so earlier and it's sort of against our honor code to lie about that. But we do need some info today.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby Vytron » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:09 am UTC

Welp, I forgot to mention Diemo targeted me yesterday night, so we had a conversation. There he basically convinced me of DJ's innocence, and I had regarded Diemo as the most towny, so only eculc was left.

Djehutynakht wrote:I'm a little suspicious of this, as you were originally up and ready to lynch Just_me yesterday.


No, I wasn't, I was even willing to be lynched instead because I thought losing me as re-director was better than losing just_me as doctor. I even removed my vote. I put it back (because Diemo thought it was crazy talk) but even when I voted just_me I said I was agreeing with them.

Gotta say just_me had me in the bag.

Vytron wrote:Where were you suspicious of eculc exactly?


As things have happened, I think there's a 50% chance that kalira is the remaining scum, as we have the human result on eculc, and confirmation that you are Shaggy. If kalira is innocent, then there's the chance the crazy theory of Shaggy!sk is true, or the chance that the sk!eculc is human. From there I agree with kalira eculc must be the last scum.

Not only that, innocent!kalira would have locked you (with still a death) and would have locked me (with still a death) so from their POV and as a matter of elimination, it is for certain that eculc sent those kills.

Djehutynakht wrote:How? We had 2 deaths yesterday. Even with this plan (and you suspecting Just_me as town) we'd still have at least one kill left.


This happened after I read just_me flipping mafia, i.e. after I knew he was mafia, I expected the last scum to be kalira, and their kill withhold, so that there was a death anyway finished with any hope that I knew what was going on. Kalira could be telling the truth.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby dimochka » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:05 pm UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:Would we be told if the mafia faction as a whole was eliminated?

You'll be told if you are able to leave the house (once every faction alive achieves its wincon).
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby eculc » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:59 pm UTC

Alright, I should be free for the rest of this game, to set people's minds at rest.

Now onto the actual content. All cards on the table? OK.

I have (well, had) a one-shot alignment cop. I had been saving it until I actually had more of an idea of who to use it on. Last night, I finally decided to use it on kalira. She was the only person that looked suspicious to me that was still alive last night. I was returned a result of "Anti-Town". I'm not sure if that means straight-up scum or non-town independent, but either way she's not town-aligned like she has claimed.

I suspect she's a SK. In a game this big, I don't think it would be unheard of, and it fits with how many kills we've had for the past few days. N1 only one kill could be explained by candyfloss not sending in a night action. N2 and N3 had two kills each, and if just_me was the last scum then that would explain why there was only one kill last night. I don't believe her explanation that she was a vig - I don't believe that a vig would kill players that are as close to confirmed town as we have, and if she's telling the truth about her power it doesn't explain the second kill N3. I suppose it's possible that just_me wasn't the last member of the mafia, but if he was the last member then it doesn't explain the kill last night either.

Vote: Kalira

I don't know who I would suspect to be still in the mafia if just_me wasn't the last member. I suppose Vytron. While he did claim his redirect power, that doesn't necessarily prove he's town. Dj is pretty close to confirmed town at this point, and of course my power tells me that kalira is anti-town. Vytron is the only person that hasn't been confirmed one way or the other yet.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby kalira » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:16 pm UTC

As far as N1, it's possible you overlapped your night kill with mafia's. There is no "death flavor" as it were, like there was on beginning of D3. Actually, let's look at N2/D3 again. There was actually only one death that night: Madge (Daphne). I brought up the fact that she had what appeared to be two different lines of death flavor.

dimochka wrote:"NO, GET AWAY FROM HIM, I WILL NOT LET YOU KILL HIM! NOoooo..."
And seconds later - "STAY AWAY, EVIL BEAST!"


As I said earlier, I targetted Diemo that night with my vig kill. Clearly that first line is my attempt on Diemo's life. It was only after there were two kills N3 that everyone really agreed with my reading that Daphne appeared to have been killed by two people/factions in the night. Now, if all of that death flavor were about my attempt on Diemo's life that was bodyguarded by Madge, there was only one kill N2. We had at least two groups that could still kill people in the night, as the fact that there were two deaths N3 attests. Me with my vig kill, mafia, and SK, or -- if you believe I am the SK -- me with my SK and mafia.

You yourself said there were two kills N2, which means either you believe me that two deaths were targetted, or you know more than you're saying. Now my question is, who committed that second kill? Some form of "evil beast"... all three of the mafia members we have killed have come up as ghosts. Does it really make sense for Daphne to call a ghost an "evil beast"? Doesn't really seem logical, does it? What would make more sense is if you are related to that wolf howl we heard in the opening flavor -- we haven't found a werewolf yet, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

You were put into the "theoretically cleared" group basically entirely because Madge came forth with a "human" result for you. The problem with letting you off the hook on that alone is this. We had millers in Scooby and Scrappy, who showed up as non-human to our cops and therefore suspicious, but were town. We have had a godfather type in Vincent von Ghoul, who was an indy survivor but was human. I don't think anyone can skate by with a human result from a cop anymore. And as someone mentioned at some point, we don't know what werewolves show up as to a human/non-human investigation.

And speaking of human/non-human results... So both of the other cops we've had in the game have returned results of human/non-human, but for some reason yours returns town/anti-town? That doesn't seem suspect at all...

dimochka wrote:New User was Vincent Van Ghoul, a warlock and an independent survivor allied with Flim Flam. He had the ability to frame someone to appear human/non-human to investigators.


"to investigators" -- kinda seems to imply that investigators only receive results in terms of human/non-human. This flip, along with the fact that both other claimed cops got results in a completely different manner than yours, seems to fly in the face of your claimed "alignment cop" ability.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby Vytron » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:23 pm UTC

kalira wrote:And speaking of human/non-human results... So both of the other cops we've had in the game have returned results of human/non-human, but for some reason yours returns town/anti-town? That doesn't seem suspect at all...


This. Also: a third town player with cop powers?

Sorry eculc, I think this time you dropped the ball:

Vote eculc

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby eculc » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:09 pm UTC

It wasn't a normal cop, it was an alignment cop. A normal cop would return a result of human/non-human. Mine returned an alignment in the form of town or anti-town. At least, I'm assuming that's what it does, I don't know what other alignments I could have received. Maybe "neutral" alignment had I targeted Freezeblade, as his alignment appears to have been completely independent of if town wins. On the other hand, a SK would certainly be anti-town as it would require eliminating town.

kalira wrote:You yourself said there were two kills N2, which means either you believe me that two deaths were targetted, or you know more than you're saying. Now my question is, who committed that second kill? Some form of "evil beast"... all three of the mafia members we have killed have come up as ghosts. Does it really make sense for Daphne to call a ghost an "evil beast"? Doesn't really seem logical, does it? What would make more sense is if you are related to that wolf howl we heard in the opening flavor -- we haven't found a werewolf yet, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.


I do believe that there were two targeted kills - yours and the mafia NK. As for flavor describing an "evil beast", I'm not sure it's relevant. For all I know, the mafia could have targeted diemo that night, and you could be the "evil beast" that the flavor is referring to. Maybe you're a werewolf? I don't think anyone has confirmed that you're human.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby Vytron » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:33 pm UTC

I don't know, one-shot cop sounds very convenient, and I think that if you indeed had it, you'd have used it one night before to have a definitive answer on just_me's doctor claimed power, which was critical (or on kalira as soon as they claimed vigilante powers, because, really, we had confirmation of a player that attempted to kill Diemo and you still didn't want to investigate them?). So it doesn't fly...

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby eculc » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:20 am UTC

At the time of kalira's claim, I believed her. Keep in mind that without knowing that diemo was fred he seemed like a valid kill target for someone without much to go on. Once a second NK happened N3, though, I started to become a bit suspicious, and of course I used my power last night.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:31 am UTC

Honestly, my big suspicion on Eculcs claim is that it seems... paltry. Everyone else appears to have repeating/multiple use powers and here Eculc has... a one-shot cop role (and honestly, alignment vs. human/non-human doesn't seem to have been too big a difference in the end).

Frankly it just doesn't seem enough. We have redirector, nightly cop/doctors, trackers, masons, immunities, lynchings.... and a 1-shot cop? I'm fishy on buying it.


Damn I wish I could get softclaims from any of you... are any of you in the butlering service by chance?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby kalira » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:39 am UTC

Dj, let us just say in regards to your question that there is a reason I have the keys to everyone's room.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:59 am UTC

Well that is interesting... and it would make sense.

Any counterclaims? I'm honestly not sure who else I could think of?


(Although, Kalira, you do have classic "The Butler Did It" against you.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby Vytron » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:38 am UTC

No counterclaim. I'll only say that I hope to be freed, if that helps.

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:04 am UTC

Freed... hm... you're not in the Djinni business, are you? And I don't recall Scooby Doo having slavery...

Damn, I need Mpolos flavor knowledge.

I'd go watch, but no time.

(I will however affirm that now I've been listening to old Scooby Doo chase songs from the 60s)..

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby dimochka » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:29 pm UTC

Votals
eculc - 2 (kalira, vytron)
kalira - 1 (eculc)

Deadline in 7.5 hours
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D5 (Friday, Friday)

Postby Vytron » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:55 pm UTC

I've just realized that this is some kind of deadlock as the only thing DJ can do is tie the votals.

DJ, tell me, if you really believe kalira is scum, I'll remove my vote for eculc and let you lynch them. It's just that I believe in town teamwork and that locking people like kalira has been doing to clear them is the way to go, and that that simple event is more likely than crazy scum!kalira strategies where they fake clearing me AND eculc getting the only alignment cop on the whole game which is one-shot.

If it comes to it I'd rather lose against scum!kalira's master play than against scum!eculc's cheap power claim.

At least we know that one of them is scum for certain (either eculc's result on kalira is truthful, or scum!eculc is making it up.)

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo N5 (Nearly Over)

Postby dimochka » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:56 pm UTC

As Friday was coming to a close, and the number of people present dwindled, it was clear that everyone wanted this to be over. At the end of the day, eculc barely resisted his impending lynch, and went without a word. The night set in, and everyone hoped that this would be the last one.

eculc has been lynched. It is now night, please submit all actions ASAP and confirm when you're ok with night being over. Hard deadline 6pm EST Friday.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby dimochka » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:35 pm UTC

The 6th day in the Manor came around, and the remaining guests stumbled into the living room, exhausted and red-eyed from the lack of sleep. Kalira approached eculc's body to examine it, but instead found a pile of ashes.
"Whoever made this mess", shouted Kalira, "is going to pay dearly!"
Vytron answered, "I actually think this is what's left of eculc..."
"So he was ... a vampire?!" exclaimed Djehutynakht.


eculc was Rankor, a vampire demon and scum. As a vampire, he appeared human and also controlled the night kill.

3 alive, 2 to hammer. 48 hours deadline but I'm hoping we can get this done earlier. Regardless of what happens today, there will not be a D7 (for various reasons but primarily because this was supposed to be a turbo)
Last edited by dimochka on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jimbobmacdoodle and 4 guests