The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby Vytron » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:28 pm UTC

:shock: just_me was scum, eculc was scum, and yet the game isn't over? What kind of scum would be left without being able to kill? How are they a threat to the town anyway?

I redirected DJ to kalira, but I want to hear kalira's claim first before deciding to vote.

Note: I just hope one of you guys isn't a jester :P - would be pretty lame if this is a town vs. jester ending where jester got their last chance to be lynched...

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:05 pm UTC

Vytron wrote::shock: just_me was scum, eculc was scum, and yet the game isn't over? What kind of scum would be left without being able to kill? How are they a threat to the town anyway?


I'd like to point out my immunity claim. I have certain conditional immunities. It's possible that anyone left with a kill last night targeted me, as the most confirmed townie of our little group (as Diemo was the night before) and I survived the ordeal (I wouldn't be told).

Dimochka wrote:"Who made this mess", shouted Kalira, "is going to pay dearly!"


I think this quote solidifies Kalira's Butler softclaim.

I wish I could tell Vytron's more. However, Kalira's Butlerness doesn't necessarily make her town.


So yeah... let's hear Kalira's side first.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby dimochka » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:16 pm UTC

FWIW, I would back up in flavor any claims, truthful or not, as the claimant is pretending to be that role (or really is).
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby Vytron » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:51 pm UTC

Requesting extension

kalira?

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby dimochka » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:27 pm UTC

No extension right now in case Kalira does come back this weekend. If she does not I will extend to Monday 10pm EST which will be a final deadline.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby kalira » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:31 pm UTC

Okay, so after we were left with only three people going into night, I was confused. Thought if game was over, dim would have told us on eculc's lynch. Didn't want to throw a vig-kill on someone without being sure, so I did some more reading/thinking. Down to three, so neither of you got a free pass.

I've been worried about that possibility of Dj being part of mafia based on mafia roleblocker still being alive when I blocked Dj. But for some reason it just doesn't feel right. He's Shaggy, he had a mason chat with Scooby. Scooby was a miller himself. Somehow it just doesn't make sense for a miller and a mason traitor to be grouped together, from a game perspective. Maybe that's just me. Additionally, I didn't roleblock Dj last night, so if he was mafia, he would have killed someone and won for scum.

On the other hand, something Vytron said yesterday pinged me. His soft-claim had something to do with wanting to be set free. This whole show was about ghosts trying to be set free. Did a little looking at Wikipedia and found this:

Three bumbling witches named Ernestine, Wanda, and Hilda Brewski (similar to female versions of The Three Stooges) are tasked by the powerful witch Marcella to perform a spell which will free her from the dimension in which she is trapped.


Seems oddly like what Vytron was saying. I watched the beginning part of that episode and got pinged even more. Maybe it's just me (again), but I couldn't find anything flavor-wise that had to do with a "good" thing wanting to be freed. Everything mentioning wanting to be freed is a ghost or demon in some capacity. Since I was getting pings from his soft claim, on reread, Vytron seems to be suffering from "too helpful" syndrome. Seems more like scum trying too hard to act townie, almost. I couldn't target Vytron for vig kill last night, though. If he's scum, he's probably not worried about Dj since Dj has claimed no night powers that affect others. I'm his only threat in the night. If he really does have redirect powers, if I try to kill him, I'm guessing scum!Vytron would have redirected me to Dj so as to kill both of us in one fell swoop.

So, I blocked Vytron last night. The only way my initial thoughts about Dj being scum work are if he was scummates with the mafia roleblocker. That would mean he had the chance to kill someone last night and win. There was no NK this morning, so in my mind, Vytron has to be scum. Since he claimed to have redirected Dj to me, I'm guessing he doesn't realize I blocked him, which means he doesn't have a NK.

You already know I have a NK. If I were SK, it wouldn't make sense for me not to NK. I would win the game regardless of which one of you died in the night.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby kalira » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:32 pm UTC

EBWOP Sorry about not showing up as yet. Exhaustion kicked in yesterday in a big way.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby dimochka » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:42 pm UTC

Last edited by dimochka on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:44 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby Vytron » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:43 pm UTC

Note that flavor-wise I've already won, unless you or DJ are ghosts. Since I don't think the game started with 5 ghosts, I really doubt flavor matters much, only win conditions. So my conclusion is that either you or Dj have a non-town win condition.

I was sure that scum!kalira would make some argument like that and then vote me, and hope DJ votes with them, in such case I'd have voted kalira back and tied the votes, leaving DJ to decide the game. That kalira didn't vote me after that just leaves me confused :?

I'd still probably want kalira lynched, being the only person able to kill currently, and I'm having a hunch they're a werewolf (if only because a game that could have had both vampires and werewolves only having a vampire would be odd.)

But the case where scum!DJ is just waiting any vote between us to follow us to beat town is unnerving, I basically don't want to vote D:

kalira wrote:I couldn't target Vytron for vig kill last night, though. If he's scum, he's probably not worried about Dj since Dj has claimed no night powers that affect others. I'm his only threat in the night. If he really does have redirect powers, if I try to kill him, I'm guessing scum!Vytron would have redirected me to Dj so as to kill both of us in one fell swoop.


Here it sounds like kalira can't roleblock+kill, or they'd have roleblocked me and killed me on the night. Is this correct?

This reason for not killing me doesn't make sense, unless you knew that I knew that you couldn't roleblock+kill (which I didn't know.)

kalira wrote:You already know I have a NK. If I were SK, it wouldn't make sense for me not to NK. I would win the game regardless of which one of you died in the night.


Yeah, so my theory here is you tried to kill DJ and failed because of his NK immunity.

DJ, the mod had told us there won't be any tomorrow no matter what we do, willing to make any power claim? Just conditional immunity?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby kalira » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:40 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:Note that flavor-wise I've already won, unless you or DJ are ghosts.


What does that even mean? Seriously, I don't know. I see nothing in flavor about anyone winning. Do you know more than you're telling?

I really doubt flavor matters much, only win conditions.... I'd still probably want kalira lynched, being the only person able to kill currently, and I'm having a hunch they're a werewolf (if only because a game that could have had both vampires and werewolves only having a vampire would be odd.)


Well which is it? Do you want to count flavor or don't you? You're flip flopping within the confines of only a few sentences.

Here it sounds like kalira can't roleblock+kill, or they'd have roleblocked me and killed me on the night. Is this correct?

This reason for not killing me doesn't make sense, unless you knew that I knew that you couldn't roleblock+kill (which I didn't know.)


No, I can't do both in one night. I clarified that with the mod during the night. And that reason for not killing you entirely makes sense. You would have been dumb not to put in a redirect regardless of your affiliation once you realized the game was not over at the lynch yesterday. Scum!Vytron knew that I had a night kill, so suspecting scum!Vytron, I had to assume that you would redirect me. And town!Vytron would have been well-advised to redirect someone as well, since he knew the game wasn't over either. So regardless of my affiliation, it would make sense not to try to kill you. I was unsure as to whether scum!Vytron had a night kill, so roleblocking seemed to be my best bet, since a scum kill in the night would have ended game in favor of scum come this morning. Now that it's morning and you already claimed a redirect, it seems you didn't know I blocked you, which leads me to believe that you don't have a NK.

Yeah, so my theory here is you tried to kill DJ and failed because of his NK immunity.


Why would scum!me have tried to kill Dj? He said outright yesterday that he had some form of NK immunity. There would have been no reason for scum!kal to try to kill him.

I was sure that scum!kalira would make some argument like that and then vote me, and hope DJ votes with them


Why would town!Vytron have thought this? I have claimed several times during this game that I was more suspicious of Dj than you. It was your soft claim that began to ping me most, and part of the reason I took a much harder look at you. You haven't addressed the question of being freed, and the fact that everything wanting to be freed in this series is evil. And regardless of your theoretical scenario, is it not also in the realm of possibility that town!kalira would have looked back and found you overly helpful as well?

Well, I'm highly suspect of you. I don't see you trying to make an attempt to throw suspicion on Dj, so if he's scum, I have made a horrible misread. But I know I'm town, and I don't see my vote changing, so

Vote Vytron

If you're both scum, I guess I just became king-maker. Since I know that you'll redirect any kill I aim against you in the night, which would end with me targetting Dj or myself, and I assume it would bounce off town!Dj, and since dim has already said there will be no day 7, this is all I can do.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby Vytron » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:16 pm UTC

kalira wrote:What does that even mean? Seriously, I don't know. I see nothing in flavor about anyone winning. Do you know more than you're telling?


The flavor I received at the start. It wasn't clear from it, but I gathered to be freed I'd have needed to get rid of the ghosts. Dimochka hasn't sent me a "you are free!" message, so either the remaining scum is a ghost, or the flavor was irrelevant.

kalira wrote:Well which is it? Do you want to count flavor or don't you? You're flip flopping within the confines of only a few sentences.


It's not putting much importance on flavor, if I did, I'd have voted you for suspecting you were a werewolf. You make it sound as if I was contradicting myself.

kalira wrote:Why would scum!me have tried to kill Dj? He said outright yesterday that he had some form of NK immunity. There would have been no reason for scum!kal to try to kill him.


He could have lied to avoid being targeted by NK. If you targeted me, I'd have died, so I know you didn't use your kill on me. So if you are the remaining scum, the only explanation was to test DJ's immunity. I agree it doesn't really make much sense for you!scum to have done this...

kalira wrote:Why would town!Vytron have thought this? I have claimed several times during this game that I was more suspicious of Dj than you. It was your soft claim that began to ping me most, and part of the reason I took a much harder look at you. You haven't addressed the question of being freed, and the fact that everything wanting to be freed in this series is evil. And regardless of your theoretical scenario, is it not also in the realm of possibility that town!kalira would have looked back and found you overly helpful as well?


Now being overly helpful is scummy? Anyway, since you already have a vote on me, there's no point in hiding it anymore: I can give kisses. That's how I make my redirects, by kissing people. As I told Diemo in mason chat, I started the game looking for someone that was independent at game start, and if I kissed them they would become town, but sadly, they were lynched before this could be done.

Now you can piece it together to know who I am. And yeah, revealing this information earlier would probably just have gotten me voted faster. Or voted without thought in a "it's her!" reaction. Just want to say that I'm still human.

Anyway, I should probably be voting you, but you really sound a lot towny so I guess at this point DJ has already won by hammering me and it doesn't really matter. I guess our last chance is that you change your mind:

Vote Djehutynakht

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby kalira » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:21 pm UTC

Unvote
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby Djehutynakht » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:47 pm UTC

First of all, I'm not scum or indie.

Second of all, if either of you were an independent/remaining scum with an NK last night, you used it. A death results in your victors.

So, either none of us have an NK, or it was blocked in some capacity. Either Kalira blocking Vytron or someone trying to kill me and my immunity blocking it.


Third, with Vytron's confession, who does this make him to be? This Marcella person? I'm not very up to date with flavor. I'm hoping for Kalira to elaborate in full terms or Vytron to elaborate in partial terms


I'm trying to think. One of you has to be an anti-town person in some capacity, or at the very least an independent/survivor that Dimochka has decided to give us a day left to get rid of. It's just a matter of who...

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby Djehutynakht » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:48 pm UTC

Kalira's unvote is interesting to me.

Why'd you unvote Kalira?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby kalira » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:26 pm UTC

Unvoted because I happened to be here shortly after he posted and wanted an opportunity to check out what Vytron was saying without possibly handing scum!Dj the game.

Vytron, see C9++ for an example of scum (Adam H) being overly helpful throughout and ending up assumed town and winning.

Google is our friend -- Vytron's soft-claim appears to be that he is Nicara (http://scoobydoo.wikia.com/wiki/Nicara). I don't see anything in there about being freed, but will watch the ep and see.

Anything else anyone wants to add?

Dj, my not voting for you after Vytron's vote clearly shows I'm not anti-town, just saying. The fact that you're still saying that I could be is more suspicious.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby Djehutynakht » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:25 am UTC

Not necessarily. I have to leave everything open.

In fact, I was asking about your unvote because it makes me put perhaps a bit more trust on you. scum!Kalira wouldn't care to unvote. She'd want to leave the possibility of killing Vytron open, knowing I've been more suspicious of him throughout the game.

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby Djehutynakht » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:27 am UTC

Well a Nicara claim is interesting, and I'll have to go reread Vytron's posts. Because the description mentions her both being a demon as well as listed under the Villain category.

Might not be a killer, per say, but could still be an anti-town faction.

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby kalira » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:45 pm UTC

Well damn. I just got on and checked, and there's only a little over 2 hours to deadline.

I watched the episode and Nicara still seems damn villainous to me. Given the choice between her and Shaggy, I gotta think Shaggy is the one that's going to be town.

Dj, I really hope you get on in the next couple of hours, 'cause I'm putting it to a tie. I'm not sure what dim will do if we don't kill anyone today, since there is no tomorrow...

Vote Vytron
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby Vytron » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:58 pm UTC

kalira: DJ doesn't "think" you're town, because only town!DJ would notice that you have proven that you're town by not hammering him. Since DJ is cum he already knew that so your votes don't make any difference to him.

It's incredibly disappointing that you disregard everything that has happened in the game and just go with "this character should be town and this character should be scum".

Please check Disney Mafia for another mafia where good characters were scum and villains were town, this isn't uncommon, and this was the reason I made my prediction in my last post of page 2.

But it doesn't make a difference, No Lynch probably just means DJ chooses the right target in the night or something and we lose, so tell me if you want me to remove my vote on DJ to speed things up.

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby Djehutynakht » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:35 pm UTC

Okay, it's Saint Patrick's Day, Vytron just made a good point and I think I'm just going to go with it.


Vote: Vytron


There. It's over. I don't know what the results are, but there you go.

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (End-Week?)

Postby kalira » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:53 pm UTC

Vytron, part of what happens during the game is that people are cleared of suspicion via their roles, e.g. Diemo. Whether that's always valid or not is another concern, but that's the way the game goes. I'm not disregarding what has happened in the game; I'm taking it in in context with both of your soft-claims and making a (hopefully) informed decision.

As far as your prediction, I have to admit you're right. In fact, it's already been proven correct. We've already had two characters who you'd think would be town but were scum. Vincent van Ghoul and Flim Flam were both on the gang's "side" in the show, but indy survivors in this game. But do you really think that dim would make a full 20% of the characters seeming friends but actually scum? Because that seems a bit of overkill to me, especially given the fact that if scum!Dj and (town)moody had revealed their connection, and then scum!Dj had been killed, his scum flip would have cast a LOT of suspicion on a powerful townie.

I looked at your example in Disney Mafia and I'm seeing both scum are villains in their respective works. Yes, there are a couple of "bad guys" in town, but the players in that game also got to choose their characters, so I'm failing to see how people over there choosing villains and being put randomly on the town team equates to dim choosing all our names and affiliations.

And, if you are town and believe I am as well, you should know that Dj doesn't have a NK, as I said today that I roleblocked you, not him, and any scum with a NK would have used it, especially him since he doesn't believe either of us have NK protections.

That being said, if you're willing to remove your vote on Dj, I'm good with it. I said at the beginning of the day you were really pinging me as overly helpful, and I just wanted the chance to check out your soft claim before I made a final decision. If you were townie, I doubt you would be playing up the "defeated" angle as much as you are, given that I know you're not a newbie.

Ninja'd by hammer, doesn't change what I said. Dj, you better not prove me wrong.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:41 am UTC

Vytron has been lynched.

Another day, another night. Another lynch, but where's the end?
As the 6th day in the mansion neared the end, both DJ and Kalira decided that the better lynch is Vytron. Vytron, logically, was not happy with the idea and tried to escape. Escaping Kalira's grasp, he launched himself at DJ. However, DJ managed to dive away just in time, and Vytron's body hit the wall with a thud. As soon as Vytron's body stopped convulsing, it turned into a beautiful woman with a wicked smile, human yet ominously evil.


Vytron was Nicara, a demon and an SK. He had a night kill or an ability to redirect actions. He lost.

Seconds later, the house shook and the voice that welcomed the guests returned.

"YOU HAVE SURVIVED THIS TIME, BUT YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE AGAIN!

With those words, the lights began to flicker at an extremely fast pace, and the a terrible thunder encompassed the insides of the manor.
Seconds later the lights were back on, and DJ looked around to see his friends, alive and unharmed.

"Shaggy, what are you staring at? Help the butler with your bags," exclaimed Fred, pointing at Kalira.

"No, not again, not again!" shouted Shaggy, running out of the house, with Scooby and Scrappy following closely behind him, very confused.

"We are not doing this again, we must leave now!"

"Oh come on, Shaggy," shouted Velma, "you think the house is haunted or something?"

...


Congratulations to town (Adam H, moody7277, Djehutynakht, Madge, Diemo, mpolo, and Kalira) on the win!
I will post setup details and notes in a bit.


All suggestions / criticism are welcome. I've definitely learned some things that I would do differently on future occasions I mod games, but definitely let me know what you thought was good and what was not.
Last edited by dimochka on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:39 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby kalira » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:45 am UTC

dimochka wrote:Vytron was Kalira


Umm... I have never been more confused. And that's saying a lot based on how wrapped around the axle this game has gotten me.

Dim, why do you do this to me? :?
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby Diemo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:13 am UTC

Typo

Vytron was Nicara.

Nice work DJ/kalira, didn't think we would have that one
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:40 am UTC

Correct, typo sorry!
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:07 am UTC

That ending though....

Yeah... a day or two ago I begin to suspect, by looking at the kill lists, that the Scooby Doo Gang were the only townies in the house, since everyone else was coming up as an independent or scum.

So frankly by the time I figured that out, I suspected Diemo and I the only townies left in a sea of independents, some of which wanted to kill us.

Then Diemo was killed and I thought I was alone. However, Kalira's claim about opting-in town seemed to make decent sense. She was certainly coming forth truthfully. And the Butler role also seemed to make sense.

In the end, I wasn't sure about Kalira's towniness up to the end, but I thought at the very least she might be a town-friendly/neutral independent.

Vytron played a sneaky game. I was always suspicious of him, but really had no proof. And nobody would go along with me.


As for my powers... I had the ability to do a super run-away once in the game, in which I might, if successful (all immunities based off of random chance) see who was trying to target me. Every other night I had chance immunity against the first action towards me.


Anyways... great job all, Kalira.

Dimochka, plan on posting any of the game notes or such?

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby mpolo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:40 am UTC

My glasses! I've lost my glasses!

This was a fun setup. Eculc being a godfather was causing a lot of problems for us, but that finally got sorted, though the last day was also a nail-biter.

I was a little torn as to whether to use my doctor powers, but since by the time I knew who I'd want to protect, I was already being blocked every night, I guess that question was moot.

Good game, all.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:24 am UTC

Indeed.

Eculc and Vytron, I'll say, were the two trickiest in the bunch.

After just reading all the spoilers in the Discussion thread, I'm still somewhat confused about what people actually did, but it was pretty awesome/funny to read.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby Madge » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:00 am UTC

It was a fun game and I was really glad for the D2 craziness! It was so much fun!!!!!!!! (if maddening)

So yeah, I very much enjoyed what happened and thankyou town for going on living where I could not.

For the record, my powers were all multi-shot but I claimed them to be one shot because I didn't want scum to try and kill me..... then the spoilers showed that scum decided to kill me because my power seemed weakish and unlikely to be doctor'd. d'oh!
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:24 am UTC

Yes, will post all notes in the next couple of hours.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:48 pm UTC

Madge wrote: one shot because I didn't want scum to try and kill me..... then the spoilers showed that scum decided to kill me because my power seemed weakish and unlikely to be doctor'd. d'oh!


I'm absolutely astonished that nobody even attempted to kill me (besides lynching) throughout the game. The spoilers show decent consideration, but I think they all chalked it up that they could get me lynched.


Well ha! Take that!

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby eculc » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:46 pm UTC

So, it turns out that I guessed wrong about the SK. I honestly thought it was kalira.

Also, interestingly enough, D1 just_me and I didn't know we were on the same team. Only after will and roband were killed was I informed in night chat that I had a new teammate, though I was informed in my role PM that there was someone mafia-friendly out in the crowd. I was a little frightened that I was going to be on my own for the entire game.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:00 pm UTC

Trying to consolidate notes / night actions (googledocs is blocked at work). Meanwhile here are all role PMs. Anything in brackers was not revealed to the players.

Scrappy-Doo
Spoiler:
Player: Adam H
Role: Scrappy-Doo
Description: You are Scooby-Doo's little nephew, and you intend to learn from your uncle as best you can to one day become just like him!
Alignment: You are town and win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Abilities
- If you follow your uncle's scent at night, by the morning you will be able to smell his odor on anyone who physically interacted with him. Your PM will reveal a list of individuals who visited him, whom he visited, and Scooby himself.
- Since you are very small, you can hide in the pantry for the night and be immune to all night actions. However, if you attempt to do so on subsequent nights, you will be dragged out by the staff and be roleblocked for the rest of the night.
- If something unthinkable happens to Scooby, you will take over his abilities, at the same time giving up your ability to hide.
- [as a dog, you cop as a non-human]

Scooby-Doo
Spoiler:
Player: moody7277
Role: Scooby-Doo
Description: You are the famous Great Dane, and you plan to use your acute sense of smell to reveal and imprison the evil ghosts! When you are not distracted by food, of course...
Alignment: You are town and win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Abilities
- You can sense anyone smelling differently than they usually would. You can choose to sniff a target at the beginning of the night, and by the end of the night know whom your target visited.
- You have always had a unique relationship with Shaggy and can understand him better than anyone else can. You therefore have mason chat with Shaggy (Djehutynakht) every night.
- [as a dog, you cop as a non-human]

Shaggy
Spoiler:
Player: Djehutynakht
Role: Shaggy
Description: You are Shaggy Rogers, and you are deathly (not literally) afraid of most things... especially ghosts! This makes you more cautious than other characters, in most situations.
Alignment: You are town and win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Abilities
- You may be immune to the first action targeting you each night (first action sent, result determined by random.org). If an action fails due to this mechanism, you will not be made aware. This is automatic.
- Once per game you can spend the night blindly running away from anything that attempts to target you. You have a 25% chance of falling and hurting yourself (the action fails and you are roleblocked, which would make your immunity to night actions void for the night), 50% chance of running away successfully (you are immune to all night actions), and 25% chance of spotting the type of creatures chasing you (you are immune to all night actions, and you also find out how many individuals targeted you and whether they were human or not). You may not participate in chat on a night you choose to run.
- You have always had a unique relationship with Scooby-Doo and can understand him better than anyone else can. You therefore have mason chat with Scooby (Moody7277) every night.

Daphne
Spoiler:
Player: Madge
Role: Daphne Blake
Description: You are the most innovative character in the gang and plan to use your out-of-the-box thinking to adapt to any situations, even putting yourself in harm’s way to protect those you care for.
Alignment: You are town and win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Abilities
- You have mason chat with Fred Jones (Diemo) every night.
- Every night you can choose a cop, tracker, watcher, or vig power to use. However, as you are very accident-prone, your action has a 50% chance of failing (provide no result). You cannot attempt to use the same power two nights in a row.
- [You are a naive bodyguard for Fred]

Fred
Spoiler:
Player: Diemo
Role: Fred Jones
Description: You are seen as the leader of the Scooby Gang; people often listen to you and wish to speak with you. At times, they may even trust your opinion above that of others.
Alignment: You are town and win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Abilities
- You have mason chat with Daphne Blake (Madge) every night.
- Every night except N1 you may attempt to add another player to your mason chat or remove a player from your chat (but not both in the same night). You may not remove Daphne, and you may not re-add someone you removed in the past. For fear of having too large a group and being overheard by outsiders, your chat may never contain more than four players at any point in time. Note that the player will get the choice of joining your chat. Additionally, neither of you will know the other's role or alignment unless you decide to divulge this information.
- If at day's end the votals are tied AND you are voting for one of the top lynch candidates, your vote acts as a tiebreaker. You lose this power once your vote (tie-breaker or not) results in the lynch of an innocent (town wincon).

Velma
Spoiler:
Player: Mpolo
Role: Velma Dinkley
Description: You are the brains and eyes of the Scooby Gang, and you are well-versed in the sciences, especially in first-aid.
Alignment: You are town and win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Ability
- You can successfully doctor anyone at night, also roleblocking them. Furthermore, you will know if any actions (non-chat) were directed at your target (but not by whom / how many / what type).
- Instead, you can choose to investigate someone's appearance (cop action). The result will be Human or Non-Human.

Butler
Spoiler:
Player: candyfloss / Kalira
Role: The Butler of the Haunted Manor
Description: You've been working and living in the Manor for years, trying to keep the place as neat and quiet as possible. But with those pesky ghosts around, you don't even know if the house will remain intact for much longer!

Abilities
- You have the keys to all of the rooms, and you can roleblock anyone by locking their room for the night.
- You found a large kitchen knife glowing in an eerie green color, which you hope will help you kill the ghosts. You must use it on the next night (acts as a night vig). The result of your action (even if unsuccessful) will determine your alignment, which I will reveal to you at the end of the night.
- You are so focused on your job that you will be unable to communicate with anyone at night, regardless of the circumstances.
- [Your alignment will be that of the person you killed or tried to kill]

Flim Flam
Spoiler:
Player: Freezeblade
Role: Flim Flam
Description: You are the scamster child who decided to help the Scooby Gang recover the chest with the thirteen ghosts. But now that the whole house has been turned upside down, you don’t know whom you can trust. Thankfully you can still magically speak with Vincent, and you will be satisfied as long as one of you two can escape this house and get some real help!
Alignment: You are a survivor and you win as long as you and/or Vincent Van Ghoul survive to the end.

Abilities
- You are very sly, and can therefore redirect any action targeting you onto another person. Be careful though, as any actions meant for your target will then hit you instead.
- You have private night chat with Vincent Van Ghoul (New User).

Vincent Van Ghoul
Spoiler:
Player: New User
Role: Vincent Van Ghoul
Description: You are a well-known warlord and magician who offered to help the Scooby Gang when they released the 13 ghosts. However, you now realize that this may not be such a good idea. And now that the whole house has been turned upside down, you don’t know whom you can trust. Thankfully you can still magically speak with Flim Flam, and you will be satisfied as long as one of you two can escape and get some real help!
Alignment: You are a survivor and you win as long as you and/or Flim Flam survive to the end.

Abilities
- Once per night, you have the ability to cast a spell to make someone appear human or non-human to any investigations that night. You do not find out what they were prior to your spell. You also cannot target the same player more than once per game.
- You have private night chat with Flim-Flam (Freezeblade).
- [If Nicara kisses you, you will join her team and be able to communicate with her. Your wincon will also change to include hers (you can win with your original or your new wincon)]

Bogel
Spoiler:
Player: WilliamTheConqueror
Role: Bogel
Description: You are the ghost who, with your buddy Weerd, tricked the Scooby Gang into releasing your ghostly friends, and you do not plan to let them get recaptured!
Alignment: You are scum and win when all factions opposing you are eliminated or this outcome is inevitable.

Abilities
- You have private night chat with Weerd (roband) and Rankor (eculc).
- If Rankor dies, Weerd and you will control the night kill. Neither of you may use it on two subsequent nights (but you may take turns).
- If everyone else in your scumchat is dead, and you are able to use your night kill, you may choose not to do so by hiding in the wall, rendering you immune to night actions. However, this takes much of your strength and roleblocks you the following night as you recover.

Weerd
Spoiler:
Player: Roband
Role: Weerd
Description: You are the ghost who, with your buddy Bogel, tricked the Scooby Gang into releasing your ghostly friends, and you do not plan to let them get recaptured!
Alignment: You are scum and win when all factions opposing you are eliminated or this outcome is inevitable.

Abilities
- You have private night chat with Bogel (WilliamTheConqueror) and Rankor (eculc).
- If Rankor dies, Bogel and you will control the night kill. Neither of you may use it on two subsequent nights (but you may take turns).
- If everyone else in your scumchat is dead, and you are able to use your night kill, you may choose not to do so by hiding in the wall, rendering you immune to night actions. However, this takes much of your strength and roleblocks you the following night as you recover.

Rankor
Spoiler:
Player: eculc
Role: Rankor
Description: You are a vampire demon who wants to get rid of the Scooby Gang once and for all.
Alignment: You are scum and win when all factions opposing you are eliminated or this outcome is inevitable.

Abilities
- You have private night chat with Bogel (WilliamTheConqueror) and Weerd (roband).
- You choose who executes the night kill (including yourself). The same person may not use it on subsequent nights.
- As a vampire, you look and cop as if you're human.
- While you are aware that most of the released ghosts have already escaped far away, you can sense that one of your friends is still around. If you are the one using the night kill and you happen to target your dear lost friend, you will be told as much, and have the choice of adding him to your scumchat the following night.
- [if both of your allies die and Reflector Specter is still alive, you two will be able to communicate in the night]
- [if all of your allies are dead, you can use the night-kill every night, as you are not busy keeping up conversations with them]

Reflector Specter
Spoiler:
Player: just_me
Role: Reflector Specter
Description: You are one of the 13 powerful ghosts released by the Scooby Gang. Unlike most of your friends, you have decided to stay and get rid of the Gang for good!
Alignment: You are scum and win when all factions opposing you are eliminated or this outcome is inevitable.

Abilities
- You are aligned with the rest of the scum team, but you don't know who they are.
- Every night you can trap someone within a mirror to fully roleblock them. You will also be told whether your target was human.
- If the leader of the Ghost pack is alive and you target him, he will be informed of your presence and have the ability to add you to scumchat the following night.
[If all other ghosts are dead and you had nightchat with them, you'll have control of the night kill, but only on non-consecutive nights]

Nicara
Spoiler:
Player: Vytron
Role: Nicara
Description: You are a powerful demon with the ability to control others (warlocks especially), by kissing them at night. You were trapped with the ghosts, but you never trusted those pesky translucent characters.
Alignment: You are an independent survivor / SK and win when your faction is only one alive, or if this is inevitable.

Abilities
- You have the ability to transform yourself to human every night by submitting an action to “Transform”
- Every night you can kiss a person to take control of them. Submit two names, the first being the person you’re kissing. If this person submits a night action with a target (other than chat), it will target the second person instead. If the first name submitted (to control) is Vincent Van Ghoul, he will join your faction instead.
- You can use your Lethal kiss, which will result in the death of your target. However, the thirst for blood will overwhelm you and you will lose your ability to control other people. You also will not be able to Transform on nights you attempt to use this. You will continue being able to kill with your kiss on subsequent nights, and your kiss will continue to have the aforementioned effect on Vincent.

Bernie Gumshire
Spoiler:
Player: Unix
Role: Bernie Gumshire
Description: You are a lazy sheepdog named Bernie who temporarily replaced Scooby Doo when the latter thought of quitting the gang. Since Scooby rejoined, you have been trying to get back into their good graces. Maybe resolving this mystery will help? You're not that ambitious. Eliminating the competition, however... that would work better! Yes... even if you don't get to be a part of the gang, Scooby must pay!
Alignment: You are a lyncher for Scooby Doo.

Abilities
- You have a one-shot night bite with which you can bite the person you believe to be Scooby Doo. If you are correct, your win-con will change to that of town. If you are not correct, your target will be told that it had been bitten and will lose its voting privileges for the day.
- You have a one-shot day bite with which you can bite the person you believe to be Scooby Doo (lethal to your target). If you are correct, you will win and leave the game. If you are wrong, you lose.
- Your wincon will also change to that of town if Scooby is lynched.
Last edited by dimochka on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:02 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby roband » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:02 pm UTC

I was upset to die so early, as a result of a terribly illogical decision by a player.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby Vytron » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:02 pm UTC

Want to thank dimochka for the great setup and game that he modded, I recall I was predicting my doom since ingame 3 days ago or something. Also, I really believe at several points that I was the last scum remaining, like, being really surprised that just_me and eculc were scum.

The game was a lot of fun to play, I'll still say that being SK will continue to be the role I'll love to hate, but this frankly was better than those games where I'm myslynched D1 and still win as town, so I guess in mafia games the fun had is what matters and it makes no sense to be frustrated about losing.

Still finding fun the way Town won:
-At some point half the players were scum.
-just_me was lynched for false-claiming doctor and then failing to save obvious night targets.
-eculc was lynched for false-claiming one-shoot investigative powers that turned town/scum on a game where those were known to give human/non-human
-I was lynched for truthfully soft-claiming my role

If only I was given a safe-claim :P - though I guess I lost twenty dollars and my self respect when I decided to convince kalira to vote DJ instead of DJ voting for kalira, though by that point I expected to be impossible to win against a roleblocker/DJ with death immunity anyway...

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby Vytron » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:03 pm UTC

Also: thanks for not spoiling who won in the title, future generations will be able to read this game and not know whether kalira was SK or not till the end :)

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:23 pm UTC

yes, two things i learned for future games i mod.

1. make adjustments for clearly illogical actions (should've probably taken away roband's voting privileges for that day or something)
2. safeclaims. definitely safeclaims, especially if alignments go with roles for the most part.

also regarding all the speculation on cult - had bignose joined, i would've made him a werewolf cult leader.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby kalira » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:43 pm UTC

Dim, I mean this in the best possible way, but man this game wrecked my brain. I can't even count the number of times I second-guessed myself, especially in the end stages. If Vytron hadn't slipped up and mentioned something pingy in his soft-claim, I might not have re-read him with nearly the rigor I did. For some reason, I seemed to have a difficult time remembering what powers people had claimed, so that didn't help me much either. The (potential and actual) changing alignments thing was interesting.

I do find it amusing how many people in spoiler-land thought I was SK. Interesting that Vytron did a potentially scummy thing (the redirect N1), came forward and ended up confirming townies, and was considered townie for it, while I did a potentially scummy thing (vig-kill attempt on Diemo that misfired onto Madge), came forward and ended up confirming a townie, and was apparently considered SK by like everyone. (Not complaining, just amused.)

I believe the only lie I told was that I confirmed I couldn't do both my actions in one night during N5. I actually confirmed this during D5, but I didn't want to say anything because I was still wary of there possibly being two scum left (though I was more leaning toward Dj being potential scum at the time, since I had realized that the mafia RB was still alive when I targetted Dj for RB during the night -- that was before eculc flipped part of mafia, after which it seemed far less likely Dj was mafia, since 5 of 15 players is crazy high numbers for mafia.)

Vytron, I gotta give you credit. You flew under my radar for a while, and even when I thought you were scum, I didn't think you had a NK. Apparently Dj was more suspicious of you -- clearly I was missing some stuff. Also apparently need to pay more attention to flavor early on... I hadn't even noticed that the core Scooby gang were the only ones flipping town until final read-through.

I find myself wondering what candyfloss's original role PM was -- I wonder if maybe he was supposed to be required to use the knife N1 in order to determine alignment, but he disappeared before then.

Ninja'd by a lot of stuff. Have to go read roles and such now. Also, oh god, if there had been a werewolf cult in addition... O.o
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby Adam H » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:48 pm UTC

Great game! Especially DJ and kalira. :)

I could have made myself immune to night actions on N1, but I thought I was more likely to be copped or otherwise town-targeted than killed. Turns out eculc still harbors a grudge for me from a game we played TWO YEARS AGO. And I didn't even do anything weird in that game - someone claimed he was scum so I daykilled him to clear up the wine. Like any respectable daykilling vig would. :lol:

dimochka wrote:1. make adjustments for clearly illogical actions (should've probably taken away roband's voting privileges for that day or something.
I hate this idea. If you are worried about players misusing kills, don't give them a kill.
-Adam

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo D6 (The End!)

Postby kalira » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:59 pm UTC

EBWOP

Vytron wrote:future generations will be able to read this game and not know whether kalira was SK or not till the end :)


Made me laugh. But now that you are all out of my house along with those damn ghosts you let out, I can finally have some peace and quiet. Now, where can I put this eerily glowing green knife? Ah, the kitchen needs some more cutlery, I think.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests