Adam’s Standard RulesTM:
- You cannot post in this thread unless you are alive and included in the player list.
- You cannot talk about this game outside of this thread, unless in an appropriately titled spoiler in the discussion thread, or unless it was specifically sanctioned by the mod.
- You cannot edit your posts.
- You cannot quote private messages from the mod.
- You cannot lurk.
- You cannot ruin the game for other players.
- You cannot say, imply, or pretend that a hammer vote has been cast unless it is obvious from counting the public votes in the thread.
- If you break any of these rules, you will lose, be removed from the game, and shame will be heaped on you.
- Edit (April 3): Post votes and unvotes in bold and on a new line with whitespace above and below.
- You can unvote before changing votes, but you don’t have to. Only your most recent vote will count.
- Once a player has received the majority of votes (“hammer”), that player is dead. The day ends immediately and players cannot talk or change votes.
- Every player has a single vote and there are no vote-rigging mechanics of any kind.
- Votes will reset if there is a modkill or daykill. A deadline extension would be given as needed.
- The mod will give the players a deadline for the end of each day. Once the deadline has been reached, players may still post and change votes (unless hammer has been reached). However, once the mod announces the end of day, all votes are finalized and players may not post.
- If votals are tied at the deadline, the lynchee will be decided randomly. The exception is if every player is voting for one of the players tied for the most votes – in that case there will be no lynch.
- There are 3 mafia and 8 town.
- Town wins if mafia is eliminated from the game.
- Mafia wins if they eliminate town and have one member survive to the end of the game.
- Once victory is assured for either team, the game will end immediately.
- There are no players with independent win conditions.
- LYLO and MYLO will not be announced.
- All players are sane unless told in their role PM that there is a possibility that they are insane. "Sane" means your powers do exactly what your role PM says they do, and "insane" means your powers don't do exactly what your role PM says they do.
- Your win condition will not change over the course of the game.
- There may be duplicate town roles.
- The mafia was given some, most, or all of the town roles in the game. They were NOT told which players received those roles.
- At the conclusion of every night, players may receive the results of night actions, which are called "Experiments". The results of the Experiments can originate from your power or another player's power, and are given without context (you will not be told why you received the experiment results). and are generally in the form "There is a X% chance that [Player] is scum". This information is mathematically accurate assuming you have no other data. However, there is a chance that those results have been tampered with or are otherwise inaccurate. See below for details (in the spoiler "Probability Details").
- Other than the Experiment results, you will not receive confirmation that any of your night actions are successful.
- Dead players will have their faction revealed on the morning after death. However, there is a mechanic that may result in some reveals being of the form "There is an X% chance that [Player] is scum". Roles and powers will not be revealed upon death.
If the player is scum, X=Sqrt(rand())
If the player is town, X=1-Sqrt(rand())
where rand() is a random number between 0 and 1
Any time I ever refer to a probability, I will have calculated it with the above algorithm.
If you initially know nothing about how likely the player is scum, then X% becomes the absolute best estimate for the player's probability of being scum. For example, if I told you 100 times in 100 parallel universes that there is a 33% chance that Adam is scum, one should expect that he is scum in 33 of those universes.
However, if you previously thought that Adam had a 3 in 11 chance of being scum just because there's only 3 scum out of 11 players, then it gets tricky, doesn't it…
See this thread for a bit more information. I also briefly explained it in the meta thread if you need a third way of hearing it.
1. wam - MAFIA
It's probably a good idea to PM me any questions you have instead of writing them in thread.