Adam’s Standard RulesTM:
- You cannot post in this thread unless you are alive and included in the player list.
- You cannot talk about this game outside of this thread, unless in an appropriately titled spoiler in the discussion thread, or unless it was specifically sanctioned by the mod.
- You cannot edit your posts.
- You cannot quote private messages from the mod.
- You cannot lurk.
- You cannot ruin the game for other players.
- You cannot say, imply, or pretend that a hammer vote has been cast unless it is obvious from counting the public votes in the thread.
- If you break any of these rules, you will lose, be removed from the game, and shame will be heaped on you.
- There is no voting or lynching. Players will only be eliminated by the Kingdom Control Wars.
- There will be several deadlines by which time players must have submitted actions. If players miss the deadline, they will take a default action (publicly defined for every deadline).
- Players may post at all times, unless specifically directed not to.
- Players should respect all named spoilers in this thread. That is, if someone asks you not to read something in a spoiler, you cannot read it. If you accidentally read a spoiler then you won't need to be replaced, but if you consistently "accidentally" read spoilers, then we'd have a problem.
- There are 2 members of the mafia. They will often be referred to as "traitors" in the flavor.
- Town wins if both members of the mafia are eliminated from the game.
- Mafia wins if at least one member survives to the Fall of the Sixth year.
- The members of the mafia can PM each other freely at all times.
- There may exist one or two (or zero) town power roles (e.g. cop or even something unusual).
- There may be players with independent win conditions.
- Once victory is assured for either team, the game will end immediately. Alternatively, all players on a team can forfeit if they believe the outcome is certain.
- Your win condition will not change over the course of the game.
- Dead players will have their faction and role revealed immediately.
Vanilla Townie PM:You are loyal to the old King Adam, and are dedicated to avenging his death.
You are vanilla town. You win if both members of the Mafia are killed.
For more information regarding the setup, see this thread and this post.
Every player has resources. There are six raw resources players can collect during the game: gold, crops, logs, metal, stone, and peasants. There are other crafted resources split into three categories:
Defenses: Walls, Turrets, and Castles. Walls upgrade into Turrets, and turrets upgrade into Castles. Defenses can be destroyed only by Trebuchets. Turrets and Castles have more HP and can soak up more damage before being destroyed.
Army: Footmen, Archers, Soldiers, Officers, and Trebuchets. Each army unit has HP and damage. When attacking or defending, the total HP and damage are summed for both the attacker and defender, and both players will lose units accordingly.
Civilians: Citizens and Nobles. Civilians pay taxes. Citizens contribute some HP when on defense, and they can die if attacked. Nobles pay considerably more taxes than Citizens, but they have no HP and if the player is defeated then their Nobles will be given to the attackers.
Instead of being split into day and night, the game is split into four phases:
- Fall - Harvest
- Winter - Market, Feast, and Tax
- Spring - Harvest
- Summer – War
Fall and Spring are both Harvest phases. In these phases players will compete or cooperate to collect raw resources from a limited supply.
Winter is the Market phase, which also consists of a Feast and Tax. At the beginning of the Market phase, players can buy raw resources with gold. The end of the Market phases is the Feast, where all units must consume one crop resource or die, and the Tax, where players will receive gold based on their Kingdom's population.
Summer is the War phase. In this phase, players will direct their armies to attack or defend. These actions are taken privately.
Resources in detail:
Raw resources (available during the harvests and market phase):[/b]
- Gold: Can be used to buy raw resources. 1 Gold buys 1 of any other raw resource.
- Crops: For every Civilian and Army unit a player owns, 1 Crop is automatically consumed at the end of the Winter phase; if there are more Civilians and Army units than Crops, the units that do not eat will die.
- Logs: Can be used to craft Walls, Trebuchets, Archers, and Citizens.
- Metal: Can be used to craft Footmen and Soldiers.
- Stone: Can be used to craft Walls and Trebuchets.
- Peasants: Does not provide any tax and does not consume crops during Winter. Can be used to craft Footmen, Archers, Soldiers, and Citizens.
- Walls: Crafted from 2 Stone and 1 Log. Has 2 HP. Can be destroyed by Trebuchets, but if targeted by other Army units then it will not be destroyed. Can be used to craft Turrets, Officers, and Nobles.
- Turrets: Crafted from 10 Walls. Has 20 HP. Can be destroyed by Trebuchets, but if targeted by other Army units then it will not be destroyed. Can be used to craft Castles.
- Castles: Crafted from 10 Turrets. Has 200 HP. Can be destroyed by Trebuchets, but if targeted by other Army units then it will not be destroyed.
- Footmen: Crafted from 1 Peasant and 1 Metal. Has 6 HP and 2 Damage. Provides 0 Gold and consumes 1 Crop during Winter. Can be used to craft Soldiers.
- Archers: Crafted from 1 Peasant and 1 Log. Has 2 HP and 6 Damage. Provides 0 Gold and consumes 1 Crop during Winter.
- Soldiers: Crafted from 1 Footman and 1 Metal. Has 6 HP and 6 Damage. Provides 0 Gold and consumes 1 Crop during Winter. Can be used to craft Officers.
- Officers: Crafted from 1 Soldier and 2 Walls. Has 12 HP and 12 Damage. Provides 3 Gold and consumes 1 Crop during Winter. You can only craft an Officer if you have at least ten Footmen, Archers, Soldiers, and Trebuchets for every one Officer. If you lose Footmen, Archers, Soldiers, or Trebuchets such that this requirement is no longer met, you will not lose your Officers, but you cannot craft any more until the imbalance is fixed. Also, you cannot trade away Footmen, Archers, Soldiers, or Trebuchets if it would result in the 1:10 ratio being exceeded.
- Trebuchets: Crafted from 3 Log and 1 Stone. Deals 5 Damage but can only attack Walls, Turrets, and Castles. Does not provide any tax and does not consume crops during Winter. If the defender wins the battle and kills all of the attackers, the attacking trebuchets will be stolen by the defender.
- Citizens: Crafted from 1 Peasant and 1 Log. Has 2 HP during defense. Provides 3 Gold and consumes 1 Crop during Winter. Can be used to craft Nobles.
- Nobles: Crafted from 1 Citizen and 2 Walls. Has 0 HP. Provides 10 Gold and consumes 1 Crop during Winter.
Trading and Crafting:
All trading and crafting must be done publicly and can occur at any time (except for at the end of the Summer War). Trades should be proposed by one participant and then accepted by the other. Trades can involve more than 2 players; all players involved in a trade must accept the exact same proposal for the trade to be processed.
In every harvest (Spring and Fall) there are 3 regions. Each region has a certain number of areas, and every area has a random number of raw resources. Region 1 will have one fewer area than there are living players, Region 2 will have exactly as many areas as there are living players, and Region 3 will have one more area than there are living players. Every player can claim one area in each of the three regions. If more than one player claims an area, no one receives any of the resources from that area.
At the beginning of the Winter phase, players will trade their gold for other raw resources. This is the only part of the game where gold is used, so usually players will want to spend all their gold. Raw resources cost 1 Gold.
At the end of the Winter phase all units will consume 1 crop. If there are no crops to consume, the units will die. The priority at which units consume crops are: Nobles, Officers, Citizens, Soldiers, Archers, and lastly Footmen.
At the end of the Winter phase, after the Feast, players collect gold for every Noble, Citizen, and Officer. Nobles provide 10 Gold each, while Citizens and Officers provide 3 Gold each.
At the end of the Summer phase, players will privately submit their actions ordering any number of Army units to attack or defend any of the other players. Players cannot trade or craft at this time. There will be one battle for every player that is attacked. The combat is detailed below.
First, the attacking trebuchets will damage defenses. They will focus on Walls first, then however much total damage is left over will be applied to damage Turrets, then lastly Castles. If a defense is destroyed, it is gone forever. If it is partially damaged, it will remain partially damaged until the end of the battle, when it will be automatically rebuilt to full HP. That is, if a Castle with 200 HP is attacked by 20 Trebuchets, then it will take 100 damage. The Castle will have 100 HP when the other Army units attack it in the next step, but after the battle the Castle will go back to having 200 HP. (This is the benefit to having 1 Castle vs. 100 Walls.)
Next, the total HP and damage will be summed for all attacking units (except Trebuchets) and defenders. Attacking units will focus fire defenders according to the following priority: Walls, Turrets, Castles, Footmen, Soldiers, Officers, Archers, and lastly Citizens. Defenses (walls, turrets, and castles) will soak up damage from units but cannot be permanently destroyed by non-trebuchets.
If there are no defenders and at least one attacking unit surviving, then the defender loses and all of their property is given to the attacker. If there are multiple significant attackers, each resource is split proportional to the amount of damage dealt and received by each attacker. Anything that cannot be divided fairly (e.g. 1 Castle) is destroyed.
The easiest way to explain combat is to show some examples.
Adam is attacked by Billy. Adam has 10 Walls, 10 Footmen, 5 Soldiers, and 10 Citizens. Billy attacks with 1 Trebuchet, 40 Footmen and 5 Archers.
First, 1 Trebuchet (5 Damage) attacks 10 Walls (20 HP). There are 8 remaining walls with a total of 15 HP.
Next, we sum the Damage and HP for both Adam and Billy. Adam has 115 HP (Walls: 15 HP, 10 Footmen: 60 HP, 5 Soldiers: 30 HP, 10 Citizens: 20 HP) and 50 Damage (10 Footmen: 20 Damage, 5 Soldiers: 30 Damage). Billy has 280 HP (40 Footmen: 240 HP, 20 Archers: 40 HP) and 100 Damage (40 Footmen: 80 Damage, 5 Archers: 20 Damage). Adam deals 50 damage to Billy's 280 HP, which is enough to kill 8 Footmen (48 HP). Billy deals 100 Damage to Adam's 115 HP, which is enough to bypass Adam's 8 Walls (15 HP), kill 10 Footmen (60 HP), and 4 Soldiers (24 HP).
Adam ends the battle with 8 Walls, 1 Soldier, and 10 Citizens.
Billy ends the battle with 32 Footmen, 5 Archers, and 1 Trebuchet (not stolen because Adam did not kill all of Billy's units).
Charlie is attacked by David and Esther. Charlie has 5 Walls, 1 Turret, 1 Castle, 50 Archers, 50 Soldiers, 10 Officers, and 100 Citizens. David attacks with 20 Trebuchets, 50 Footmen, and 50 Archers. Esther attacks with 10 Trebuchets and 100 Soldiers.
First, 30 Trebuchets (150 Damage) attack 5 Walls (10 HP), 1 Turret (20 HP), and 1 Castle (200 HP). The 5 Walls and 1 Turret are destroyed, and the Castle takes 120 Damage. Therefore the Castle contributes 80 HP.
Next, we sum the Damage and HP for Charlie and David+Esther. Charlie has 800 HP (Castle: 80 HP, 50 Archers: 100 HP, 50 Soldiers: 300 HP, 10 Officers: 120 HP, 100 Citizens: 200 HP) and 720 Damage (50 Archers: 300 Damage, 50 Soldiers: 300 Damage, 10 Officers: 120 Damage). David and Esther have a combined 1000 HP (50 Footmen: 300 HP, 50 Archers: 100 HP, 100 Soldiers: 600 HP) and 1000 Damage (50 Footmen: 100 Damage, 50 Archers: 300 Damage, 100 Soldiers: 600 Damage). Charlie deals 720 Damage to David and Esther's 1000 HP, which is enough to kill 50 Footmen (300 HP) and 70 Soldiers (420 HP). David and Esther deal 1000 Damage to Charlie's 800 HP which is enough to kill all of Charlie's units. David and Esther split Charlie's resources; however, the Castle cannot be split fairly so it's destroyed.
- Phases are reduced to two Harvests per year, with Market, Feast, and Tax all happening at the same time in Winter.
- Raiders removed, Archers and Footmen added.
- Wheat and Food combined into a single resource: crops.
- Trebuchets are only stolen if all attackers are killed.
- Officers are not lost if the 1 officer per 10 soldier requirement is broken due to soldier's deaths.
- Combat, costs, and taxes twerked.
- Gold is 4 times as valuable (I just divided all the costs and taxes by 4 to make the arithmetic easier).
- Only raw resources are available in Harvests.
6. New User
Role PMs have been sent. Please confirm in thread that you received your role PM and then the game will start.