Ghost - Game over!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Lunch Meat
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:30 am UTC

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby Lunch Meat » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:16 pm UTC

I'm trying hard to figure out how to do this without giving anything away...

It doesn't always move as fast as light. I was thinking in connection to the situation in which we're playing the game, but after some research I was actually wrong about that. But it does in other situations.

I really don't think I can say any more than that.

I'm kind of on the fence about New User. If he's a ghost, it's a gamble. But, if the word wasn't there he still could have been a fool, and also a good guess (like if the word was related to something which would make it obviously in Moby Dick) would get him nearly conf-town. So it's a good gamble.

I still could be a fool, but my word is also in Moby Dick, FWIW.

GoP, you're allowed to give additional hints--I think the point about changing hints is just to mean you can't edit the post.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby moody7277 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:27 pm UTC

For the record, at this point I'd only be interested in a SDK or NU lynch. Surety on Gopher is down to about 75%. As for mpolo, I can loosely fit his description to my word, so no lynching him.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

User avatar
New User
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby New User » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:14 pm UTC

OK well Lunch Meat's new clues give me a new perspective.

Let's look again at the way Vytron is interpreting clues. He says that Madge's single-word clue describes the word he has. Intangible is an adjective and Vytron says it describes his word just as it might describe a tree or a chair. Those are both nouns, so yes an adjective would describe a noun. But Madge's clue is just a single word. Maybe the word is an adjective, and Madge used the word "intangible" not to describe the word, but as a synonym for the word. My point here is that a single-word clue like "intangible" can be interpreted more than one way, but Vytron isn't looking at it like that.

Also moody again reinforces my argument that mpolo's description is so vague, because he says it "loosely" applies to his word. If moody and Vytron have the same word, it wouldn't describe that word "perfectly" and also "loosely", but I suppose you could just chalk this up to different interpretations. My notion is that mpolo chose those words in his hint because they can be loosely applied to almost anything at all. If I gave you a copy of The Iliad in the original Greek language, wouldn't that be incomprehensible to you? There are a lot of people who don't understand why the sky is blue. Does that mean the concept of a blue sky is incomprehensible to them? I don't understand how cancer spreads throughout the human body, and if a doctor explained it to me in medical terms then I still might not understand (since I am not versed in those terms). Does that mean a word like "medicine", "cancer", "chemotherapy", or any related term might be "often incomprehensible"? Could you at least say that it "loosely" applies? A doctor probably comprehends it pretty well, but I can't. My point here is that "often incomprehensible" can be applied to almost any concept I can think of. Vytron said that if mpolo gave his hint sooner then we should consider it a good hint, and it's true that part of the reason I suspect mpolo is because he gave his hint late. But that's not the only reason, it's because his late hint was unoriginal in that it can be construed from the other hints which were already given. If Vytron gave his hint "word is related to angles" last, I would still consider that an original hint since nobody else said anything about angles. But incomprehensible is a synonym for mystery, which was used by SDK already, and as I said before, something intangible, different for everybody, and a mystery can be easily described as "often incomprehensible".

If mpolo gave his hint before SDK, I would probably be suspecting SDK more than mpolo. So it's true that timing is a factor, but I don't think it's an unfair factor like Vytron says. It's reasonable to me to consider timing when the hints are so synonymous.

So, my vote stays. mpolo seems to be the most ghost-like by far.

User avatar
New User
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby New User » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:41 pm UTC

I am about to leave for the weekend, probably will be over 24 hours before I'm back. I can't get Vytron to see my interpretation of the hints, so I propose a new strategy.

I am pretty certain I'm on the same team as Vytron, moody, and maident. Since there is no night kill mechanic in this game, as long as we can recognize we are on the same team, we can lynch the ghosts. I realize that I have the weakest hint out of those four players, so to Vytron and moody, as long as you can recognize you are on the same team we should be okay. Let's just lynch everyone else whose clues don't match up. The ghosts only get to guess the word if they are lynched, so if we mislynch we can just keep going down the list. Lynch everyone except the four of us. If it comes down to just us four, I propose lynching maident, then Vytron I suppose, so it's just myself and moody. But since I don't expect you to trust me (I admit my hint is the weakest for verification), then just lynch me and then maident so it's Vytron and moody at the end. If you guys agree to this strategy, and want to follow through with it until the end of the game, it's best if we don't give any more hints or information about the word. I can already recognize that we all have the same word, even if you can't recognize that I have it also. As long as the three of you recognize that you have the same word (because the hints match up), we don't need any more verification and any more hints will just help the ghosts guess it.

Unvote
Vote: SDK


Reason: SDK has the most votes, and I'm going to be away so I won't have another chance to change. Even if SDK is a villager/fool, it won't matter since there is no NK and we can get to the ghosts eventually.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby mpolo » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:51 pm UTC

In case anybody is keeping score, I was curious how much information New User's clue gives (assuming he is town). Assuming I did this correctly, his hint reduces the number of possible words to 2750 (actually slightly less, because my copy of Moby-Dick has a Gutenberg license on the end). Which is quite a reduction from the 53060 in /usr/share/dict/words, so reinforces my townie feel for him.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby SDK » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:03 pm UTC

I'm not totally sure what to make of New User's vote change there. It immediately follows his renewed conviction to keep his vote on mpolo... but he seems to have a reason for the change, even if he's really not sure this is the best plan. He's " pretty certain" when he really does need to be 100% if this " lynch everyone else" plan is going to work. He moves his vote to me for no other reason than because I'm the biggest wagon despite consistently calling me town thus far. I feel like he's hoping someone will hammer before he gets back from his day off...

Also not sure how he can be so certain about maident when she didn't make the list for the rest of his "teammates" and has contributed relatively little.

Anyway, he is right that lynching a townie Day 1 isn't the end of the world, but I ask that you at least wait until Monday to hammer me just so I can give you a last will before I die (if that's truly where everyone wants to go today).
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
maident
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am UTC
Location: You can call me Mai, she/her pronouns please

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby maident » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:06 pm UTC

It's true I haven't added/participated much; I'm afraid I have nothing really to contribute. My vote hasn't been changed by anything that has been discussed. The only thing I can possibly add, which isn't much, is that I don't really see the mpolo back-and-forth. All in all, I see LM being more suspect.

Again sorry that I'm not adding much.

User avatar
maident
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am UTC
Location: You can call me Mai, she/her pronouns please

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby maident » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:14 pm UTC

EBWOP

Clarifying:
What I meant was that I don't see the mpolo back-and-forth as in I agree that they also seem like a ghost to me.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:17 pm UTC

To clarify my hint, replace 'everyone' with 'different people', and it gets closer to what I wanted to say.

The only problem with mpolo's hint is the lateness of it. Otherwise, it is a better fit for my word than mystery and intangible. Which is why I am reluctant to vote for them.

mpolo, why do you think reducing the word space so much is a townie thing to do? Wouldn't it be the opposite? If he reduced it to 10 words, would that still be townie?

Unofficial votals:
SDK (4): maident, Gopher of Pern, moody7277, New User
Gopher of Pern (2): mpolo, Lunch Meat
mpolo (1): Madge
New User (1): Vytron

So we are 1 away from hammer.

I really dont think you can be as sure as you ark, New User. Just because 3 other people all fit your word pretty well, does not mean they are on the same team. And remember, fools are on the same team as well. And I would guess that the words used are close together, so that some hints might not distinguish between the two, such as the example used. So I would be wary of being sure of your town team.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Lunch Meat
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:30 am UTC

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby Lunch Meat » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:00 pm UTC

New User's plan: It depends on how much faith we want to place in Vytron and moody not being very, very lucky. I feel pretty sure they are town, and if scum!moody figured out the word after only three hints, he deserves to win. But if we go this route, I think we should lynch NU sooner, because if he ends up being scum that implies one of the other three is, and we can't let it get down to two town and two scum.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby Vytron » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:59 am UTC

Lunch Meat wrote:It doesn't always move as fast as light. I was thinking in connection to the situation in which we're playing the game, but after some research I was actually wrong about that. But it does in other situations.


You definitively don't have the word, as it doesn't move at all...

Then again, this really looks with someone with a word, so I'm wrong somewhere for certain, because I'd have 3 fools, or 5 people with my word, so I guess 1 of the people from my "obvious town" list is scum (or rather, I think 1 of them could be scum).

I haven't seen anything that makes me think NU is scum, so I'd rather lynch him before Lunch Meat, unless nobody really has a word that matches with hers. I know I don't, and one of the fools doesn't. A ghost would want to pretend to have a matching word with her description, but nobody has done it.

So, huh, yeah, I don't really mind an SDK lynch, as <word> isn't a mystery, and if SDK is a fool, LM must be scum, because their words don't match. But, eh, fools aren't announced.

Also, yeah, chairs and trees are related to angles.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby Lawrencelot » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:02 am UTC

Votes:
SDK (4): maident, Gopher of Pern, moody7277, New User
Gopher of Pern (2): Lunch Meat, mpolo
mpolo (1): Madge
New User (1): Vytron

Not voting (1): SDK

5 votes required to lynch.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby mpolo » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:54 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:mpolo, why do you think reducing the word space so much is a townie thing to do? Wouldn't it be the opposite? If he reduced it to 10 words, would that still be townie?


No time right now, but my point is that it would be an incredible risk for scum — certainly the hint helps scum by reducing the word space, but at the same time, scum would hardly be able to give such a hint, as they would have only about a 5% chance of it being right, and it's not all that hard to check whether it's right.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby Madge » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:11 pm UTC

Yeah, I think there's a point at which it's scummy, and that's where the word space is smaller enough that the ghosts can reasonably check it. I don't think even a suitably motivated ghost is going to be looking down a list of 2600 words (or whatever). 10 they would easily do. The cut-off would be somewhere between 100 and 1000.

I am considering changing my vote but don't want to hammer with discussion still ongoing. Plus I think there's a lot to be said for the timing 6sdks clue as being reasonably early.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby SDK » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:18 pm UTC

People, the word is not a mystery. It's not at all mysterious! Don't confuse my intention by unravelling something that isn't there.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby mpolo » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:35 pm UTC

Now you're confusing me, SDK. Are you saying that your hint was meant to be "Nyah nyah, I'm not giving a hint because it's a mystery," rather than that your hint was "It is a mystery"?
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby Vytron » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:13 pm UTC

That sounds desperate SDK, why didn't you claim that earlier?

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby SDK » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:37 pm UTC

I did. Read my explanation when you first asked me about it. It is not a mystery. Mystery is essential to what it is though.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
New User
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby New User » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:46 pm UTC

Too much hint elaboration for me to be comfortable with. Let's please lynch somebody and stop giving the ghosts more information.

I am 98% certain. I have the same word as both Vytron and moody. I am 90% certain I have the same word as maident. So my proposed lynch order is everyone but the four of us, in any order, and then the order of New User and then maident. In a game of mafia I'd never advocate lynching myself, but in this case I'm hoping it makes sense to Vytron/moody/maident because I hope they can each recognize that their hints are so close that they must have the same word.

Also I had forgotten that ghosts are given the number of letters in the word, or I wouldn't have given the hint I did. Narrowing it down to only the seven letter words in Moby-Dick was too much of a hint, I'm sorry.

And in response to SDK, I never meant be repeatedly saying I thought you were town. What I was trying to get at was, "we can lynch SDK, let's just not lynch him first." Then I rethought the strategy and decided that as long as we lynch everybody but Vytron/moody/maident, the order of the lynches doesn't matter much. So I changed my vote to a bandwagon vote. But this plan has a much better chance of success if we don't elaborate any more on our hints!

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby SDK » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:20 am UTC

If you're so sure I'm not proper town (that is, a fool at best) then why do you care if I elaborate?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
New User
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby New User » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:37 am UTC

Because I'm not sure. I'm more sure of the players I named. If they can just recognize that they have the same word, all that matters is who is alive at the end. And the less information the ghosts have, the worse their guesses will be.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby SDK » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:33 pm UTC

Gave this game a proper read through and here's where I'm at.

I think Vytron is town and just sucks at interpreting what I'm trying to convey (I think I'm also town). I agree with him that moody is town, but am not at all sure about maident and Madge. I think New User is probably in this group too. Not sure on the fourth. Possibly Lunch Meat.

Gopher, I believe, is a fool. Based on what he's been posting, maident might be his pal.

mpolo is a Ghost, and my only sure scum read.

I've said before that his hint is derivitive of my own. His first post is fairly empty and looks to me like he'd like to wait to get the pulse of the game before committing to much of anything.

His second is interesting though. First off, he says that my and Gopher's words "clearly do not fit my word", but I don't see how that's possible since our hints (mine and mpolo's) were identical on their face, though I intended some underlying meaning in mine. I think he's following Vytron here who had just said exactly the same thing (that my and Gopher's both don't fit his). mpolo is clearly buddying up to Vytron with the rest of this post as well. Finally, he votes Gopher, putting the biggest wagon to L-1 despite having no feeling which of the two between me and Gopher is the ghost. It's very clear that I'm to be the lynch Day 2 after Gopher flips town.

Every other post has been filler - running the numbers on the Moby Dick thing - and then casting some suspicion on me specifically, presumably because I had become the biggest wagon.

Vote mpolo.


If you were to ask me for his buddies, I'd be a bit unsure. My first thought would be Madge, except that she came out fairly strong against mpolo right off the bat. maident is a possibility also.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
maident
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am UTC
Location: You can call me Mai, she/her pronouns please

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby maident » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:06 pm UTC

In all likelihood I won't be able visit again today until much much later.

Unvote

Once I'm able to, I will take my time, reread the thread including any new discussion(s), and vote again.
Also, SDK, I am very confused. Can you quote an example of where I'm buddying with GoP? Anyway, I have to leave for the day. Try not to destroy everything guys/gals/insert-pronouns-here.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby SDK » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:47 pm UTC

Ghost said your word matched very closely with his. That's all.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby SDK » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:48 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Gopher said your word matched very closely with his. That's all.

FTFM :roll:
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby SDK » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:57 pm UTC

SDK wrote:I think Vytron is town and just sucks at interpreting what I'm trying to convey (I think I'm also town). I agree with him that moody is town, but am not at all sure about maident and Madge. I think New User is probably in this group too. Not sure on the fourth. Possibly Lunch Meat.

Duh, there are only four proper town in this game, so that's all of them if I'm right (myself, Vytron, moody and New User). I was thinking there should be five for some reason.

That leaves Gopher, Lunch Meat, maident, Madge and mpolo as the fools/ghosts. Could be true. Gopher and maident as the fools? I should take a closer look at Lunch Meat.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby SDK » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:04 pm UTC

SDK wrote:I should take a closer look at Lunch Meat.

Townish in tone and conversation. Major red flag is that mpolo tops her list for scum throughout the game, yet she doesn't do anything about it. Never really mentions it at all, in fact. Votes Gopher instead since lynching him gives more information? Lots of talk about interactions between myself and Gopher - looking for the chain lynch there? Moves towards lynching New User. If mpolo flips scum, LM's a very likely buddy.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby SDK » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:13 pm UTC

Yeah, on reread, Madge's vote on mpolo is actually very soft. There's no conviction in the decision to come to mpolo over me, and I feel like she really comes down on me harder than mpolo in that post despite the vote. No inclination to convince others. No reasoning of her own when she considers moving to me from mpolo later on (but doesn't want to hammer). The three of them make a plausible scum team, though I certainly wouldn't want to put my money on the others before mpolo is lynched.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
New User
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby New User » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:34 pm UTC

I'll gladly change my vote back to mpolo. But I'd like to hear what Vytron and moody think of my proposed strategy of lynching everyone but the two of them. I'm sure we'll get all the ghosts that way, and since ghosts can only guess the word when they are lynched, as long as we get them eventually and don't give them any more hints then it should work.

Vytron and moody, do you each think the other has the same word as you do?

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby Vytron » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:40 pm UTC

Yes, I think so.

So what you're proposing is "we just lynch everyone but moody and Vytron and with no night kills we win"?

That'd feel kind of game breaking, as, the order in which we lynch other people would no longer even matter.

But that's my only argument against the idea.

I also prefer a SDK lynch to a mpolo lynch, given mpolo could be town, I don't think SDK could be town.

(here I'm separating fools from town even though fools are town)

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby SDK » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:48 pm UTC

The order does matter a bit if there are two ghosts among the last four players. It's a good enough plan that we shouldn't really discuss the hints any further, but there's no reason to just go down the list at random.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby moody7277 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:56 pm UTC

New User wrote: But I'd like to hear what Vytron and moody think of my proposed strategy of lynching everyone but the two of them.


It sounds drastic. I am more sure than not of Vytron's non-ghosthood, so I am fairly sure that if carried to the end it would be a town win. It would take quite a bit of convincing, and of course three would absolutely not go along with it. Strategy discussion could actually be less dangerous and almost as informative.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby Vytron » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:57 pm UTC

Well, so what about coming up with a lynch order?

My preferred lynch order:

NU (still sounds to me like gambling and great guessing of what he'd say if he had a word)
SDK (hint better than mpolo's)
Lunch Meat (definitively doesn't have it, word doesn't match potential fools)
GoP (probably a fool)
mpolo (matches unlike the above ones)
Madge (Could have been lucky)

------ We should have won by now, after mislynching one town and two fools.

Vytron/Maident
Moody

Moody can decide if my hint matches better than Maident's.

User avatar
New User
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby New User » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:45 pm UTC

My proposed lynch order. I know this contradicts my current vote against SDK but I already said I changed to him because I thought he'd be lynched while I was gone Saturday/Sunday.

mpolo
Madge
Gopher of Pern
Lunch Meat
SDK
New User
maident

So you see, it's quite a different order from Vytron's. I'm willing to be flexible on this also, since my idea essentially is to lynch them in any order as long as myself and Vytron/moody/maident are the four remaining. SDK is becoming more and more convincing to me that he knows the word, but I'm still less sure about him than I am the others.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:23 pm UTC

Unvote

Having gone through all the hints, and knowing both words (at least I'm pretty sure I've got the other word) I'm pretty sure I've narrowed down the 3 ghosts, with some wiggle room for some hints that were a bit vague.

This would be my lynch order:
New User
Madge
Lunch Meat

I am 90% sure there are at least two ghosts in those three. New user only started claiming he knew Vytrons and moody's word after some extensive discussion, where it was decided that they had the town word, and I had the fool word. I think it was a clever gambit by them. Madge is too vague, and Lunch Meat doesn't fit.

After that, I would lynch mpolo and maident, in that order. mpolo because they hinted late, and could have derived it, and similar to maident. One of them I believe is a fool.

Vote: New User
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby SDK » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:30 pm UTC

Despite thinking New User is probably town, I like that list a lot more than Vytron's.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby Vytron » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:38 pm UTC

I would like to lynch Lunch Meat before Madge, because I think vagueness is better than not fitting.

Also, if LM is fool then I think GoP is a ghost, would be useful to know it first.

But, yeah, I like this plan.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby moody7277 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:48 pm UTC

My personal lynch order:

SDK
NU
GoP

After that, I don't have any ghost reads.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby Vytron » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:53 pm UTC

So you think LM is a fool?

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Ghost - Discussion phase (All hints are out!)

Postby moody7277 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:00 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:So you think LM is a fool?


I think discussing fool/villager distinctions would give too much info to the ghosts.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sabrar and 8 guests