Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Finis (Good wins!)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby bessie » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:45 pm UTC

Friend by enemy I call you out.
You with a bad coin in your socket,
You my friend there with a winning air
Whom now I conjure to stand as thief.

vote: Lunch Meat

for role fishing and for lurking.

User avatar
Minestrone
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby Minestrone » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:16 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:Uh I'm pretty sure I agree with USN on every point up there, so I should probably be your next target. Also, USN's FoS on me was completely warranted, though (as far as I'm concerned) it should largely be retracted now.


What points? The ones where USN decides SDK is indy and we should lynch him if we don't find a better target? Surely it can't be those points, since literally right after you say this you say that you "find SDK's claim to be more townie than not." My suspicion is no longer unique to UniqueScreenname but falls on you as well, not so much for agreeing with her as for contradicting yourself so quickly

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby freezeblade » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:37 pm UTC

Up the heat this game has turned for better
Much more content abound to decipher
ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ, my fine fellows, is thoroughly on


Unoffical votals:
UniqueScreenname (2): Zyth, Minestrone
SDK (1): Gopher of Pern
freezeblade (1): SDK
Lunch Meat (1): bessie

Not voting (9): Lunch Meat, moody, DJ, Madge, Dimochka, Freezeblade, Aminita, Yoloswag, USN

For thoes meandering along the line
Of mod-given posting restriction lines
Comments outside of verse, if that given
To the letter of law perhaps be so
Yet the spirit, I feel, is it breaking
What is this game then, if not a puzzle?

Away shall I be for this holiday
Visting family alive and deceased
As one might on this day most auspicious
I bid you all to enjoy just as well
come monday return, up I shall then catch
and upon that which I find scummy, vote.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:23 pm UTC

Hark! Yes! It is the Samhain Day
And for this I too shall be away
From sunset tonight to tomorrow's done
For living and dead incredible fun.
It is the day when ghosts walk near
And mortals guise out of their fear.
It is a holiday I hold dear.
And so later I return, let me make that clear.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby UniqueScreenname » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:22 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Perhaps instead of voting for me based purely on role speculation, it would be prudent to hunt scum. I note that you have done very little on this front. Would you agree? Is there content enough for you to begin at this point? I do not expect my claim to make you believe that I am holy, but surely you must require some other indication of scummitude to justify that lynch. The fact that you do not seek that out in myself or in others has me quite concerned.

I have not voted for you. That should be obvious.
I said to do that in lieu of something more suspicious.
As far as scum hunting, you can't say I've done none.
Not a lot, I will admit, but I'm not the only one.
As others have mentioned, speech is not relaxed
So it makes it hard to find who's holding the ax.
Minestrone wrote:Vote: UniqueScreenname

For
-Suggesting we lynch a survivor D1
-Basing this on extrapolation from his claimed power
-taking that claim at face value
-Having earlier, but still afte SDK's claim (the only thing they seem to be basing their suggestion on) said "The pattern I observe so far reeks of town." of him

You are new here, my good man, so patterns you don't see
I believe SDK's claim based on games he's played with me
This is not the first time seeing this action
And before it did belong to the town faction
Later, though, i thought more about the connotations of his claimed ability.
And I changed my mind! It is allowed. If you have a problem with it, sue me.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:12 pm UTC

Will get @ this tomorrow. If I had a normal vote, it would be on Lunch Meat.

What is the boy now, who has lost his ball,
What, what is he to do? I saw it go

User avatar
Minestrone
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby Minestrone » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:19 am UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:You are new here, my good man, so patterns you don't see
I believe SDK's claim based on games he's played with me
This is not the first time seeing this action
And before it did belong to the town faction
Later, though, i thought more about the connotations of his claimed ability.
And I changed my mind! It is allowed. If you have a problem with it, sue me.


Fair enough. Your defense isn't Unique, but it is sensible.

Unvote

Vote: dimochka


For the previously mentioned reason.

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:32 pm UTC

Right now, I have a small town pool of amanita, bessie, Dimochka, and Zyth. I really liked amanita's thought processes here:http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?p=3676783#p3676783. Lunch Meat is my current pick for the lynch, and the logic presented here for disliking both him and DJ resonates with me.

Bessie is an easy one. There seems to be a lot of confusion in the town due to unfamiliarity with our poetry, SDK's claim, and a slow start. I think scum would take advantage of this by focusing on these topics as they are, IMO, matters that would likely push town to spin their wheels. Drawing attention to a lurker is a bad enough strategy (as scum, not as town) to the point that I think it's much likelier an innocent is doing it. I also want to lynch Lunch Meat myself, so that helps as well.

Dimochka had offered me earlier to place my double vote on him and later realized that he misread my claim. One, I think scum try to avoid having people vote them by any means and the "vote me if you want" is an openness that is more consistent with a townie. Two, I know scum are on the lookout for roleclaims like hawks so him misreading it is probably a townie who skimmed it and got the wrong thing out of it. This isn't my strongest read by any means, but it's enough to make me think he's probably good for now.

Zyth is a hunch. He really just looks like a townie overwhelmed and lost in the sauce due to all this poetry. Lol.

Um, my would-be vote is still on Lunch Meat; if SDK were to ever flip town (I have him as a straight null) I would take a look at Gopher for voting him solely on the bulletproof thing because it's just speculation that I do not see would go anywhere which is a good scum angle. I am also really wondering if amanita has anything to say because I was really vibing his direction earlier.

User avatar
#HBC | amanita
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:20 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby #HBC | amanita » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:53 pm UTC

Word. This game is off to a slow crawl and I'm more than willing to get things going with a vote on Lunch Meat. I wouldn't say that I have townreads at this moment, it's more or less people who I don't think are good lynches and who are, which right now to me would be DJE/Lunch Meat definitely.

Let's see if we can cut down some trees and bring him out of the bushes, shall we?

Vote: Lunch Meat

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby bessie » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:32 am UTC

Then must you speak...perplexed in the extreme.

Gopher of Pern has made some small contribution, and has given reason for his votes. But we have not heard enough of his thoughts. Nothing will come of nothing, speak again!

#HBC | Yoloswag has claimed a power that is much in line with that of a king or great general. I find much in his actions to back up this kingly role. He has shown sympathy for his fellow players’ confusion with the verse and has been supportive of each man making the type of post that they’re comfortable in making, even should it go against the spirit of the flavor. And he wisely withholds his judgment by not placing a hasty vote, for the vote once placed is sacrosanct. Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown!

Moody7277 is another of whose company we have had but far too little pleasure. His wise counsel has been far too brief. But to the wise man brevity is the soul of wit, and tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes. Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice. Alas, I hope that we are to hear more from moody soon. But I say to you, this above all, to thyne own self be true.

Dimochka we have the assurance of more content to come. He is a learned scholar and had made the practical suggestion that everyone continue to follow their posting restriction but summarize their posts in parenthesis below. And he has shown great friendship to UniqueScreenname, defending her and offering himself as a target to those who would advocate her lynch. I know not if I agree with him, but I anxiously await his investigation and to him I say there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Madge are you even playing? She starts with a good opening post then nothing, even though she managed to make a post in a game that ended o’er a month past. Though this be madness, methinks there is method in it. Is the goal to sleep, perchance to dream? The undiscover’d country, from whose bourn no traveler returns, puzzles the will. Please grace us with your wit!

I wasn't able to complete my analysis on everyone before I need to leave for a few hours, but in an effort to keep the game moving I've posted as much as I have. I'll try to get to everyone else soon.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:41 am UTC

bessie wrote:I'm not sure I believe SDK's claim to be bulletproof. He as also claimed to be a character from Romeo and Juliet. There is a character in that play that everyone though was dead and came back to life, and that same character has been "confirmed" by modly flavor to be a character in the game. So I am suspicious of this too convenient claim, especially since it was made so early in the game.
bessie wrote:@SDK, never did I believe you to be Juliet. If scum you be, I might expect of you so bold a claim.
It certainly seems to me
Like these two statements do not agree.
I can think of no one else from that play
Who died and then woke up one day.
Also, you mentioned it was already claimed
That person would be in this game.
If you were thinking of Maria, the second statement seems false
Because they are the same person, except one can sals.........a (I know, that was so bad)
Explain to me please how both statements are true
And if you must lie, make them ones I'll see through

(Parenthesizing this one because I want it to be really clear. bessie's first statement quoted above I think definitely refers to Juliet, not just because of the resurrection thing, but because she mentioned the mod confirmed that the character she was thinking of was in the game. To come back in her next post and say she wasn't thinking of Juliet makes no sense. I'm sort of thinking she was trying to come up with something to lynch the bulletproof, but wasn't expecting him to straight up claim "I'm not Juliet." Or perhaps she's a lyncher for Juliet (any random Montague would do) and she wanted to narrow down her search. No matter what the reasons are, the contradiction between those two posts should be explained (I added a lot more into this section than I put up there. Maybe these parentheses are a good idea.).)
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:00 am UTC

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear
Though this time when he knocked, I did not hear
(Ninja'd)

bessie wrote:#HBC | Yoloswag has claimed a power that is much in line with that of a king or great general. I find much in his actions to back up this kingly role. He has shown sympathy for his fellow players’ confusion with the verse and has been supportive of each man making the type of post that they’re comfortable in making, even should it go against the spirit of the flavor. And he wisely withholds his judgment by not placing a hasty vote, for the vote once placed is sacrosanct. Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown!

You seem to have identified YOLO SWAG as a king
Which on its own does not appear malicious
Yet it almost seems you ended the speech with a threat
I can't help but find it suspicious
Of course, were you scheming there would be no need
To reveal your plans where we can see
But this line of thought can mean only one thing:
That I can't choose the Wine In Front Of Me.
So I ask you again, help me understand
Shed light on the webs that you've spun
What purpose did you have revealing his role
When you could have just held your tongue?

(bessie proceeds to give imo pretty convincing evidence that YLS is a king, which would generally be a townie role (especially given all the diplomatic breadcrumbing she thinks he's doing), but then ends that paragraph either with a threat, or at the very least with an acknowledgement that being a king makes him a target. So why reveal what she found? Being bulletproof doesn't mean he can't die, just that it takes longer, so I think revealing that information may hurt more than it would help.)

To those who hail from HLC
I find it necessary to decree
That Madge, myself, Lunch Meat, and bessie
All prefer to be called "she".

There is a thread in the subforum, you will find
Where you can add your own pronouns in due time.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:04 am UTC

Wait, my thoughts were confused
I mixed up two characters last post
YLS is not bulletproof, that's SDK
But that makes bessie's reveal even worse

Vote: bessie
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
Minestrone
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby Minestrone » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:00 am UTC

I went back to read the two posts you claim are a contradiction on bessie's part, and it seemed clear that she never thought SDK was actually Juliet but did at first believe he was claiming her. Though looking back on that exchange, it does seem like bessie may have been unnecessarily fishing for a nameclaim (they at least came away with the information that SDK wasn't Juliet) which seems scummy in light of possible anti claim mechanics (isn't a common one giving scum an extra kill on a target whose name they guess?). So FOS: Bessie for that. Also, the "uneasy lies the head that wears the crown" line isn't scummy on its own as I think it's a reference to Hamlet, one of many that pepper Bessie's latest post for some reason.

Also, while I was doing that I noticed this and I thought I'd reply/ask for clarification:

#HBC | amanita wrote:
Minestrone wrote:It seems that SDK's claimed bulletproof without much proof. Not a townie thing to do if true, since scum would know not to target you. I don't know what character it'd be, I haven't read the play in a long time, and I remember the people who died much better than those who lived.


I would say that the gambit (if it is one) works less in his favor as scum over town. I am not basing my read on his claim itself fully but I rather feel like he would be putting a lot of suspicion on himself for nothing if it turned out that he wasn't bulletproof. Why put a target on himself so early in the day? Is this type of play typical for SDK?


Since the proof to a bulletproof claim is a bullet, his truthfulness would be moot by the time we see it (un)proven. Come to think of it, in the sense of testability bulletproof is pretty safe for scum because of that.

Also, FOS: amanita for their latest post bandwagoning onto a lurker lynch. She already had one vote on her, so if the point it pressure it's been done to dullness, and if the point is the pointy end of a spear then it's scummy to jump onto such an easy target.

User avatar
Minestrone
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby Minestrone » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:02 am UTC

Just googled the quote, it's actually Henry IV. Same idea.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:13 am UTC

vote: lunch meat

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby bessie » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:44 am UTC

In plain English, for reasons.
Shakespeare wrote: Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown!

Minestrone is correct about the quote. It’s King Henry IV, musing about the responsibilities of wearing the crown. I thought it was an appropriate quote, as YOLOSWAG must be pondering the responsibilities of his unchangeable double vote. It wasn't meant to be a threat at all. And as Minestrone pointed out, my last post (and some of my other posts) are peppered with quotes. This is for three reasons. First, occasionally these quotes fulfill my posting restriction. Second, I am trying to keep in character and speak as my character would speak. Third, I need to quote because I am in no way talented enough to write the poetry or the prose myself to stay in character, so I need to quote it. (By the way, I think USN, DJ, and freezeblade are doing an incredible job writing in verse).

As far as identifying YOLOSWAG as a king, I really don’t know if he is a king or not, and it’s not really that important. There’s a king/duke/ruler/general/etc in almost every play. Some good, some bad. And I don’t at all believe he is breadcrumbing that he is a king. Writing it up the way I did is really more about my character than about his. It is written in a way I think my character would think and speak. Oh, and about UniqueScreenname's remark that being a king makes him a target, I strongly disagree. If anything makes him a target, it is his double vote.

Now to this:
UniqueScreenname wrote:
bessie wrote:I'm not sure I believe SDK's claim to be bulletproof. He as also claimed to be a character from Romeo and Juliet. There is a character in that play that everyone though was dead and came back to life, and that same character has been "confirmed" by modly flavor to be a character in the game. So I am suspicious of this too convenient claim, especially since it was made so early in the game.
bessie wrote:@SDK, never did I believe you to be Juliet. If scum you be, I might expect of you so bold a claim.
It certainly seems to me
Like these two statements do not agree.
I can think of no one else from that play
Who died and then woke up one day.
Also, you mentioned it was already claimed
That person would be in this game.
If you were thinking of Maria, the second statement seems false
Because they are the same person, except one can sals.........a (I know, that was so bad)
Explain to me please how both statements are true
And if you must lie, make them ones I'll see through

(Parenthesizing this one because I want it to be really clear. bessie's first statement quoted above I think definitely refers to Juliet, not just because of the resurrection thing, but because she mentioned the mod confirmed that the character she was thinking of was in the game. To come back in her next post and say she wasn't thinking of Juliet makes no sense. I'm sort of thinking she was trying to come up with something to lynch the bulletproof, but wasn't expecting him to straight up claim "I'm not Juliet." Or perhaps she's a lyncher for Juliet (any random Montague would do) and she wanted to narrow down her search. No matter what the reasons are, the contradiction between those two posts should be explained (I added a lot more into this section than I put up there. Maybe these parentheses are a good idea.).)

I never thought SDK was Juliet. I thought he was a liar. My logic was thus: The mod “confirms” Juliet is in the game. SDK is claiming to be a bulletproof character from Romeo and Juliet. Conclusion: SDK is lying scum trying to pass for a confirmed townie. Well, he gave me an answer and I reread his posts in light of the answer he gave me, and I now believe him to be town. I also believe I know his role. I’ll return to this point in a moment, when I will also address the remainder of your post.

I would like to make a point now that I am voting for Lunch Meat not for lurking but for role fishing. She just happens to be lurking too. Lunch Meat has contributed only ONE substantial post in which she role fishes TWICE by asking which plays we are familiar with and by asking how we selected our roles. But she volunteers very little information herself. She claims to only be familiar with 9-10 plays but does not name any of them. She gives us a little more information in her twelve word second post, where she says she picked the roles she submitted because because she acted them. So I guess her character is probably female and that it is from a play that is commonly performed, since Lunch Meat claims to be familiar with less than a dozen plays. So I would further guess that she is neither Titus Andronicus nor his daughter Lavinia. She’s given us no information and she has received quite a bit. And to this:
Minestrone wrote:I went back to read the two posts you claim are a contradiction on bessie's part, and it seemed clear that she never thought SDK was actually Juliet but did at first believe he was claiming her. Though looking back on that exchange, it does seem like bessie may have been unnecessarily fishing for a nameclaim (they at least came away with the information that SDK wasn't Juliet) which seems scummy in light of possible anti claim mechanics (isn't a common one giving scum an extra kill on a target whose name they guess?). So FOS: Bessie for that. Also, the "uneasy lies the head that wears the crown" line isn't scummy on its own as I think it's a reference to Hamlet, one of many that pepper Bessie's latest post for some reason.

Please point out any actual role fishing I have done. I haven’t needed to do any. Most of you answered Lunch Meat's questions. I know what plays you have read or seen. I know how you selected your roles. Thanks to Lunch Meat, I may have already figured out what those roles are. But knowing your role doesn't tell me if you're town or scum.

And I’m not a lyncher for Juliet. The Maria line was a reference to the opening flavor post, and to illustrate my point about categorizing anyone based upon their role name. Juliet, Shakespeare’s heroine, is not necessarily town. A king is not necessarily town. A double voter? Likely town.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby moody7277 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:50 pm UTC

bessie- votes then unvotes SDK, then votes LM. partial analysis post, has also made some good points. townie

dimochka- votes then unvotes zyth, wanted yoloswag to demostrate their voting restriction, disagreement with USN. neutral

DJ- lost of verse, early setup spec, then rather fluffy after. neutral-slightly scummy

fb- lots of verse, complaining about being SDK's target du jour, answering LM, comments on yoloswag's voting, votes bessie. neutral

GoP- votes SDK based on claim. neutral.

HBC|amanita- complains about verse, couple of responses, votes LM. neutral

HBC|yoloswag- claims sticky double vote, little bit of analysis. neutral-townie

HBC|zyth- early vote for USN, answers LM, then votes for her. mostly short answers to quotes. neutral

LM- sets up questions, and that's it. neutral-scummy

Madge- answers LM. insufficient data

Minestrone- setup spec, votes fb, switches to USN, switches to dimochka. townie

SDK- provocative vote on fb, claims bulletproof, complains about verse. neutral-slightly townie

USN- speculates about vig, yoloswag, suspicious of bessie, then votes for her. neutral-townie

I've seen the discussion question thing done before--by scum. To put a stitch in time and save nine,

Vote: Lunch Meat
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Minestrone
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby Minestrone » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:22 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Please point out any actual role fishing I have done. I haven’t needed to do any. Most of you answered Lunch Meat's questions. I know what plays you have read or seen. I know how you selected your roles. Thanks to Lunch Meat, I may have already figured out what those roles are. But knowing your role doesn't tell me if you're town or scum.


Well, in implying that SDK was claiming Juliet and voting him for it you got him to more directly state that he wasn't Juliet (and in a situation where he was Juliet may have led him to confirm that he was Juliet). I can somewhat see your reasoning as town voting for him but it ended in the first specific bit of role information for scum. For this reason I find you fishy.

Lunch Meat
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:30 am UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby Lunch Meat » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:27 pm UTC

My deepest sorrows and apologies,
My absence I do heartily regret
I have 'till now been able to only skim
But swear I shall do better hereafter
A reread of the preceding pages I'll do,
And post my thoughts when that I have finish'd.

(I wasn't planning on using my blank verse post restriction, only the other ones, but y'all are making me look so bad, I have to try).

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:34 pm UTC

To make a verse it does perplex me,
make it relevant? Even more so.

It perplexes me that you can have a town pool. IME, scum want to act just like a townie, so you really cant have any actions that town would take that scum wouldn't, except in very specific circumstances. So YoloSwag's discussion on town pings me a little.

Zyth, why the vote, with nothing else? That also pings me as scummy, and very lazy.

Lunch Meat is doing the typical LM thing, and apologising for not being around. Role spec is possibly scummy, so IGMEOY.

bessie's logic makes sense to me, but I still believe SDK to be playing a bit off, so my vote sticks. I think they are quite dangerous to have around.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby Madge » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:12 pm UTC

"Therefore, since brevity is the soul of wit,
And tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes,
I will be brief:"


I have to admit a good part of the reason I haven't been posting is because I'm finding the poetry - though beautiful, especially Freezeblade's, he's probably my favourite - hard to read and understand, and intimidating to write. So I'm just going to do it this way, with a quote or two throughout, clearly demarked, and not intended to add anything content-wise to my post but to give it a bit of thematic flair.

I like Bessie, who has been doing good analysis. I believe her take on her logic behind her accusations of SDK - in fact, both the quotes USN quoted are extremely consistent with that logic. So I'm going to say Bessie's speculations about SDK's 'convenient' claim are towny, but probably wrong. (Because who gets everything correct on D1, anyway?)

I like SDK but less so. Not by much. She always gives us good information so if she's scum she will give us lots of connections/etc.

USN I am not sure about. I'm always scared of her and this game is no exception. She's always helpful and intelligent, and this game is no exception; but she's seeming less helpful than Bessie to me so who knows.

I will also look forward to Lunch Meat's promised additional information.

I don't have a good or even acceptable target at the moment. Nobody's accusations are resonating with me yet, but I find they rarely do on D1.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby bessie » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:17 pm UTC

I tried to stay in character when I composed this post, but, by St. Davy I swear it was just taking up too much time. I will post what I have and will try to do better in my next post.

UniqueScreenname is a good captain, and is good knowledge and literature in wars. Even though I know her analysis of me to be incorrect, I acknowledge that she has done more scumhunting than most of the players in this game. And she has not tried to discourage anyone from posting in a way in which they feel comfortable or from posting a summary in parenthesis, for when she discusses adhering to these restrictions she holds them only to herself.

#HBC | amanita had a slow start claiming much trouble with the poetry, but once they got past that they made a good, well thought out post. They think it’s acceptable to keep with the posting restrictions but use summaries. This seems to me very townie in that they don’t want to discourage those that wish to play along with the flavor but they wish to encourage participation and understanding.

Minestrone implies he does not have a poetry based restriction. I believe him to be scumhunting, and I like that he gives reasons for his FOS and votes, and I understand his FOS of me. Sorry I don’t have more to say about him at this time.

Djehutnakht starts off OK with some setup speculation but immediately starts fishing for information on Juliet. His next post is a wall of verse questioning others on role and setup spec. Following that we have another wall of poetic fluff on flavor and setup. His next post is interesting, it is a reply to Amanthia’s post that they are having difficulty with the poetry where DJ says that the poetry is required by some in the game.
Djehutynakht wrote:To be quite frank, I disagree.
I truly find our prose quite lovely.

And, too, the fact that it is our role
As actors to read from our scripted scroll
When asked to perform with certain verse
Some must adhere or face a curse
Of the mod's wrath, as you can see,
If you look back up to Post Primary.

But he soon backtracks on this, where he says perhaps it would be better to facilitate participation because that would be the townie thing to do. His last couple posts are on YOLOSWAG’s double vote, but he never offers what he thinks about it. As impressed as I am with his poetry, I think he is using it to cover the fact that he is doing no scumhunting and is posting very little actual content.

Freezeblade tells us that he has selected a character that is both bold and witty, and then warns against revealing our characters. His following post is interesting. He denies knowing Zyth and inserts a caution about being watched, is this to all of us or to someone in particular? He then makes an entire fourteen line verse about how a double vote can be a scum power as well as a town power. He makes a lurker vote, but does not remove that vote in his next two posts, very suspicious and not because the vote is on me. Then we have some blatant role fishing for SDK’s role. In his final post he has time to do votals and write three more stanzas but doesn’t seem to have any time for scum hunting or analysis. And this last post seems to promote wanting more confusion. In this post he rejects the idea that anyone should not be posting in poetry even though some have said it was confusing for them. He also seems to be against the compromise of summarizing posts in parenthesis.

freezeblade wrote:For thoes meandering along the line
Of mod-given posting restriction lines
Comments outside of verse, if that given
To the letter of law perhaps be so
Yet the spirit, I feel, is it breaking
What is this game then, if not a puzzle?

He has pretty much stated that the confusion is part of the game. And by the way we are not all required to post in verse. I have specifically stated in an earlier post that I do not have a post restriction that requires me to post in verse. Only USN and Lunch Meat have claimed this. Why are you pushing for this then, are you trying to promote confusion?

#HBC | Zyth their earliest posts imply that they have friends in the game possibly freezeblade. The next post states that they are having trouble writing to their posting restriction, which may limit posting,and in the following post says this won’t limit posting. And then another contradiction when they state that to write as usual would be to rebel. In Zyth's post I find no content, some complaining about the posting restriction, and refusal to ignore the the posting restriction even though others have stated that they won’t be following theirs all the time and that they think it would be OK to skip or summarize. There had been almost no content and no attempt at any. But I think I agree with YOLOSWAG’s comment that Zyth looks like a townie that has been overwhelmed by the poetry, and I will give them a pass on this because I think this confusion is being encouraged by some (see my analysis of freezeblade et al.).

With bated breath and whisp'ring humbleness I await Lunch Meat's next post.

Ninja'd by Madge. I'll read it after I post this.

Lunch Meat
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:30 am UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby Lunch Meat » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:44 pm UTC

Full disclosure: I am feeling guilty for not putting more effort into these games, so it's possible I'm taking this more personally than I should, and if so I apologize. But I do have a life and a busy job and I did not expect this game to start so soon and to be in two big games at once, and once I was a little behind it got overwhelming. If my level of activity isn't good enough maybe I should take a break. GoP's comment on me is kind of ticking me off but I do think that is me being oversensitive, whatever. On to the game.

I'm find bessie's analysis on me to be more town than not. But I wish to clarify, actually, I was trying to post some questions to get conversation doing *without* role-fishing, which is why I said "how familiar are you" not "which plays are you familiar with, and didn't say which ones I'm familiar with, and specifically said people could ignore the questions if they didn't like them. If people offered more information than I asked for, that's on them. Why did anyone answer if they were bad questions?
moody wrote:I've seen the discussion question thing done before--by scum.

Yeah, and you've seen it by town too. I was trying to offer some interesting questions to start conversation. I'm sorry they were bad ones.

So I agree I haven't been playing very good, bessie's comments on me are good and so are YOLOSWAG's, but amanita's isn't great and Zyth's is terrible.

Onto everyone else:

SDK's claim isn't terrible, I'm not sure why he claimed it so early though. It does fit in with his meta, he draws attention a lot. Neutral.

freezeblade doesn't seem to have offered much, he comments on SDK and from my notes that's all. Kind of scummy.

USN is pretty good. I think she's asking good insightful questions and challenging people.

moody's last post has most of his content. I need to take a closer look at that.

I like DJ, think he's putting a lot of effort into this.

I agree with Minestrone's reasoning on bessie, the SDK/Juliet thing seemed fishy to me too. There's been good content there, but he random-voted freezeblade at a weird time. Neutral-townie.

Not sure about Madge yet.

dimochka doesn't have very much either, and I agree with whoever said he contradicts himself wrt agreeing with USN about SDK.

YOLOSWAG has good content, not sure how to read them yet. Zyth and amanita are annoying me but I'm going to hold off with all three until i have more content to base a read on, since they're new to this play area.

Lunch Meat
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:30 am UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby Lunch Meat » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:55 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:It perplexes me that you can have a town pool. IME, scum want to act just like a townie, so you really cant have any actions that town would take that scum wouldn't, except in very specific circumstances. So YoloSwag's discussion on town pings me a little.


Disagree with this, I think it's normal to have a set of people you think are town and thought YS's reads were reasonable, and don't understand why this stands out to you.

Madge's most recent post is fairly decent.

Madge wrote:I like SDK but less so. Not by much. She always gives us good information so if she's scum she will give us lots of connections/etc.


What specifically do you like about SDK so far?

bessie posts more good summaries. With her points on freezeblade in addition to my noting he hasn't had much real content, and as active lurking is consistent with his scum meta, I'm going to
vote freezeblade

The Zyth friends thing I made a note of and I'm not sure what to make of it. Maybe a freezeblade lynch will give us some more info about that.

Lunch Meat
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:30 am UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby Lunch Meat » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:02 pm UTC

Now I'm taking a closer look at my read-through notes, SDK actually doesn't have as much content as he usually does. I'm adjusting him to neutral-scummy.

amanita's reads back on page 2 seem like they have a very different playstyle than we have here, so I'm not actually concerned about their vote on me. I retract my statement that they're annoying me.

I hope Yoloswag will use their voting power responsibly and vote early enough that we have time to respond and the addition of their vote doesn't throw us off too much, although of course I understand they are going to be waiting a while to respond.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:53 am UTC

Lunch Meat wrote:Full disclosure: I am feeling guilty for not putting more effort into these games, so it's possible I'm taking this more personally than I should, and if so I apologize. But I do have a life and a busy job and I did not expect this game to start so soon and to be in two big games at once, and once I was a little behind it got overwhelming. If my level of activity isn't good enough maybe I should take a break. GoP's comment on me is kind of ticking me off but I do think that is me being oversensitive, whatever. On to the game.


Apologies, I did not mean to tick you off. But it does feel to me you spend a lot of time apologising for not posting more. When you do post you generally post well, so there's that, I just find it hard to get a read on you. This game is doubly hard to play, with the posting restrictions and trying to interpret others. :P

Lunch Meat wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:It perplexes me that you can have a town pool. IME, scum want to act just like a townie, so you really cant have any actions that town would take that scum wouldn't, except in very specific circumstances. So YoloSwag's discussion on town pings me a little.


Disagree with this, I think it's normal to have a set of people you think are town and thought YS's reads were reasonable, and don't understand why this stands out to you.


Yes, you can have 'townier' reads than others, but its all a bit relative. Just the way the post was worded seemed a bit more definite than a townie person would know. As far as I'm concerned, everyone can be scum, and people shouldn't rule other people as town this early.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:23 am UTC

Alright so I think I'm just going to go with YOLOSWAG's suggestion of putting in a quote to fulfill my restriction here and there since I'm so terrible at writing. Will take a closer look at this tonight.

Lunch Meat
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:30 am UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby Lunch Meat » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:38 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Apologies, I did not mean to tick you off. But it does feel to me you spend a lot of time apologising for not posting more. When you do post you generally post well, so there's that, I just find it hard to get a read on you. This game is doubly hard to play, with the posting restrictions and trying to interpret others. :P

Sorry, I overreacted earlier. I just feel insecure about how much more time everyone seems to have than me, and I feel like every time I start to get a handle on a game something big comes up at work, which is frustrating. And I really want to be able to enjoy this game and post in character and everything, so it's annoying that I haven't been able to. I'll try to stop overapologizing and just give what content I can when I can.

Gopher of Pern wrote:Yes, you can have 'townier' reads than others, but its all a bit relative. Just the way the post was worded seemed a bit more definite than a townie person would know. As far as I'm concerned, everyone can be scum, and people shouldn't rule other people as town this early.

Fair enough, I don't agree but I can see what you're saying.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby UniqueScreenname » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:26 pm UTC

Concerning Bessie, I will admit
What I believed regarding SDK doesn't fit
But she said all her spec regarding YLS' role
Is more about her than any king of old
This makes me uneasy, for reasons I can't quite state
It may become clearer as I contemplate
But the denied role fishing I definitely see
And switching votes therefore seems pointless to me
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby UniqueScreenname » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:30 pm UTC

With lunch meat I admit I can't see the case
Although I can see on what it is based
But her questions are ones that could be asked by town
So I don't understand why they're making some frown
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 669
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby SDK » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:36 pm UTC

14 players is a lot to sort out. Let's see what we've got.

freezeblade - I'll wait for his promised post today to judge him. He's done a bit, but not much and is difficult to read due to the prose.

Lunch Meat - Quite apologetic for her absence, though she's actually posted slightly more than average this game. freezeblade vote is legit enough. Decent content overall, really. Townie.

UniqueScreenname - Not a fan of her earlier content (and the flip-flop on her read on me was a good catch by Minestrone), but her content over the weekend felt pretty good. I don't think I agree with the vote on bessie, but we'll get there in a minute. Kinda scummy, more like neutral.

moody7277 - Reasonably good reads list, but it's hard to get a good read off that. Need more content, but townish thus far.

Gopher of Pern - Concerning. Not a fan of his interpretation of my play, with no comment on why I'm playing "out of sorts" or what makes me "dangerous to have around". It all revolves around my early claim and nothing else, no behavioural analysis there at all. His content is also lacking so far, with only a few questions here and there, but none to me (his supposed leading scum read). Scummy.

Djehutynakht - Lots of open ended questions (leading nowhere) and flavour speculation early on. Carries that on through YOLOSWAG's claim, not even taking a stance, but just talking about what the ability does. Oh, then we're at the end. Zero content. Scummy.

Minestrone - Digging into USN and dimochka, which looks good - I can follow that progression and reasoning well. Later on Bessie due to her name fishing. Not sure about that, but it makes sense. Strong town overall.

Madge - Very little content, but what she's got is okay. Neutral.

bessie - Her logic regarding my claim is sound enough. If I was aiming to claim Juliet, I would agree that would be scummy. She unvotes when she realises that was not my intent, which is fine. The Lunch Meat vote is pretty weak, but got LM to post, so that's good. Writes a lot on each player, so if she is scum, she's trying really hard. Townie.

dimochka - Doesn't care about my claim, with "Let me know if anyone disagrees" tacked on there. I read this as him prodding others to comment on the claim (which I like). I think that if scum were trying to stir the pot, they'd have worded this slightly differently, but it's possible that's what's going on here. Not much content otherwise ("I'm 99% sure I will need breaks" didn't pan out). Caught in a bit of an inconsistency (by Minestrone again), so we'll see how that pans out. Neutral.

Zyth (search *Zyth if you want to iso their posts) - Zero content. Votes for USN, votes for Lunch Meat, but otherwise does nothing but talk about his posting restriction. Could be scum, but who knows.

amanita (search *amanita if you want to iso their posts) - Could use a couple more posts, but the two posts we've got have been quite solid. Townie.

YOLOSWAG (search *YOLOSWAG if you want to iso their posts) - The double voter, who I will assume to be town for at least Day 1, probably through the next couple as well. Decent posting makes that read easier. Wants to follow amanita (twice) which is a bit odd, but maybe normal for them since they know each other.


Zyth, why did you vote for USN? Why did you vote for Lunch Meat?

dimochka, I want you to make a solid post with reads, questions, and an answer to Minestrone's catch.

moody, I'd like to you ask a pointed question of at least seven other players, if you please.

Gopher, what do you think of USN?


I think I'll start the DJ wagon. If the only thing that comes of it is him starting to actually play this game, then we'll at least have something.

Vote Djehutynakht.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:53 pm UTC

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day

USN was a RVS vote, LM was simply sheeping for no good reason. Rereading now.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby mpolo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:24 pm UTC

Votals:

freezeblade (2): SDK, Lunch Meat
UniqueScreenname (1): Zyth
bessie (2): freezeblade, UniqueScreenname
SDK (1): Gopher of Pern
Lunch Meat (4): bessie, amanita, Zyth, moody7277
dimochka (1): Minestrone
Djehutynakht (1): SDK

Not Voting (4): YOLOSWAG, Djehutynakht, Madge, dimochka

dimochka has requested a replacement. I'm checking with our official understudy as we speak.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:47 pm UTC

That my youth suffered. My story being done,
She gave me for my pains a world of sighs.

Read more at http://www.monologuearchive.com/s/shake ... 1uzWpjo.99
Don't understand why people are considering YOLOSWAG to be town off of his role. Double voter might be often town here but remember he is restricted to being able to only vote once per day phase. Personally taking it as null. I recommend r reading off of play rather than role for this one.

Friends thing with freezeblade was me being silly and jumping to conclusions. Won't say exactly what it is but I will say that I'd prefer not to reveal it right now. No, it was not me trying out some crazy gambit. Take it as null.

@dimochka
Why did you think I was trying to say I was friends with you? I don't see how the blade of ice lines up with you.

@bessie
Why does giving reasons for your FOS and votes make someone more likely to be town? In fact, I'd say the opposite is more likely. Scum wants to stay out of the spotlight and if they simply put down votes for no reasons, I think that would cast some suspicion on them which they obviously would not want. Also, by saying it would limit my posting I meant that I would not be able to post as freely as I would like, but it definitely would not stop me from posting. It was not a contradiction.

vote: UniqueScreenname
Don't like suggesting of lynching SDK solely off of claiming bulletproof. Should be taken as null since both scum and town have reasons to claim it. Seems like opportunistic scum wanting to take out a bulletproof townie to me.
@mod
I believe there is an error in the votals.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:51 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:That my youth suffered. My story being done,
She gave me for my pains a world of sighs.

Read more at http://www.monologuearchive.com/s/shake ... 1uzWpjo.99
Don't understand why people are considering YOLOSWAG to be town off of his role. Double voter might be often town here but remember he is restricted to being able to only vote once per day phase. Personally taking it as null. I recommend r reading off of play rather than role for this one.

Friends thing with freezeblade was me being silly and jumping to conclusions. Won't say exactly what it is but I will say that I'd prefer not to reveal it right now. No, it was not me trying out some crazy gambit. Take it as null.

@dimochka
Why did you think I was trying to say I was friends with you? I don't see how the blade of ice lines up with you.

@bessie
Why does giving reasons for your FOS and votes make someone more likely to be town? In fact, I'd say the opposite is more likely. Scum wants to stay out of the spotlight and if they simply put down votes for no reasons, I think that would cast some suspicion on them which they obviously would not want. Also, by saying it would limit my posting I meant that I would not be able to post as freely as I would like, but it definitely would not stop me from posting. It was not a contradiction.

vote: UniqueScreenname
Don't like suggesting of lynching SDK solely off of claiming bulletproof. Should be taken as null since both scum and town have reasons to claim it. Seems like opportunistic scum wanting to take out a bulletproof townie to me.
@mod
I believe there is an error in the votals.

Alright so I screwed up copy/pasting lol.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 669
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby SDK » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:55 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Don't understand why people are considering YOLOSWAG to be town off of his role. Double voter might be often town here but remember he is restricted to being able to only vote once per day phase. Personally taking it as null. I recommend r reading off of play rather than role for this one.

That's a fair point. He is a bit less powerful than a standard double voter, which is a bit less of a reason to trust based on claim alone. The main reason that I consider double voter a townie ability is that on scum it makes for swingy games. Either they hide their ability until the endgame and win out of nowhere (can't be done in this case) or they die and effectively lose two scum in one.

Either way I'm reading YOLOSWAG as town, so no biggie.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Should be taken as null since both scum and town have reasons to claim it.

Generally speaking, what are the town reasons for outing yourself as bulletproof so early on?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:57 pm UTC

SDK wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Don't understand why people are considering YOLOSWAG to be town off of his role. Double voter might be often town here but remember he is restricted to being able to only vote once per day phase. Personally taking it as null. I recommend r reading off of play rather than role for this one.

That's a fair point. He is a bit less powerful than a standard double voter, which is a bit less of a reason to trust based on claim alone. The main reason that I consider double voter a townie ability is that on scum it makes for swingy games. Either they hide their ability until the endgame and win out of nowhere (can't be done in this case) or they die and effectively lose two scum in one.

Either way I'm reading YOLOSWAG as town, so no biggie.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Should be taken as null since both scum and town have reasons to claim it.

Generally speaking, what are the town reasons for outing yourself as bulletproof so early on?

Not wanting to waste a vig shot/ gambits to get people to react are two things I can think of now.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby freezeblade » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:02 pm UTC

Return I have from much hallows' eve play
to many a post and speculation
votes both strewn and careful placed here and there
without first unvoting suspicions past
with notes, I post, the unofficial votes:

Unofficial votals
SDK (1): Gopher of Pern
freezeblade (1): SDK*
UniqueScreenname (1): Zyth*
bessie (2): FreezeBlade, USN
Lunch Meat (3): bessie, amanita, moody7277
Dimochka (1): Minestrone

*These players voted for other people (SDK for DJ, Zyth for Lunch meat), but did not unvote first, so the mod is likely not to count their new votes

(I am composing my summing up and responce post as we speak, I just wanted to get the votals up here, as I was counting them as I assembled my notes txt file, on first read-through of new content. Shortly now, shall that new one be posted.)
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby freezeblade » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:05 pm UTC

(Ok, seriously. I composed that post before the mod post, and I wasn't told about any of the ninjas, that's just annoying. the "error" is because people weren't unvoting first though. Ignore it, I shall process all that new content)
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: moody7277 and 15 guests