Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Finis (Good wins!)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:06 pm UTC

To throw my vote I do today but yet
unvote is it of an importance here?

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby bessie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:14 pm UTC

Madge has finally posted. I find the content of that post solid, I just there was a bit more. However, there is one part that bothers me.
Madge wrote:I have to admit a good part of the reason I haven't been posting is because I'm finding the poetry - though beautiful, especially Freezeblade's, he's probably my favourite - hard to read and understand, and intimidating to write. So I'm just going to do it this way, with a quote or two throughout, clearly demarked, and not intended to add anything content-wise to my post but to give it a bit of thematic flair.

For my feelings on this, please see the end of this post or any of my previous posts.

Lunch Meat has finally posted too. I don’t like her answer to the role fishing accusation. Methinks she doth protest too much. But the remainder of the content is acceptable enough for me to do this:

Unvote

SDK has posted a long analysis post. I will examine this more carefully tonight, but I my initial reading reassures me that my trust in him for now is well placed, and confirms his towniness in my mind.

I will swear this oath by Jesu Christ and by St Davy. Anyone that refuses to post and use as an excuse that they can’t understand what has been written or that they can’t write to their posting restriction will be the recipient of my vote. Certainly if he were my brother I would desire the duke to use his good pleasure and put him to execution; for discipline ought to be used.

Vote: freezeblade

for lack of actual content in his posts, and for promoting confusion.

Ninja'd by at least 5 posts. Side note to those of you who haven't played with me before, I have a regular old 9-5 weekday job and don't like to post while I'm at work, so I'll reply when I get home tonight.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby freezeblade » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:17 pm UTC

Indeed so Zylth, though check the rules did I
This thing not explicitly said, it seems
here an unvote of great importance be
on a seperate line and bolded to note
that a new vote, soon you shall then grace us
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Lunch Meat
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:30 am UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby Lunch Meat » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:35 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Lunch Meat has finally posted too. I don’t like her answer to the role fishing accusation. Methinks she doth protest too much. But the remainder of the content is acceptable enough for me to do this:

Unvote


Methinks th'reveal in Masq'rade doth explain
Whence came my overreaction yesternight.
For in that game my goal was to be lynched
Despite my efforts, I unsuccessful was
And all thought it was normal that I lurked
Which had me frustrated and embarrassed too,
That my usual play's apparently so bad.

Yet as the lark doth herald a new day,
My hope and optimism hath returned
I shall be calmer, more thoughtful and polite
And make the most of this, a different game.

Zyth looks better than before, and SDK's latest analysis post is good. I still find it hard to get a solid read on SDK though, he's good at analysis whether scum or town.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:@dimochka
Why did you think I was trying to say I was friends with you? I don't see how the blade of ice lines up with you.

For my part, I didn't catch the reference at first, thought you were trying to say you were friends with all of us here.

Lunch Meat
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:30 am UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby Lunch Meat » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:39 pm UTC

EBWOP,
I meant to add (but was distracted by my verse)
I lurked in this game so as not to make
It plain I conscious was of looking bad
In one but not the other.
I beg you will be with this reason
Satisfied, that we may be friends henceforth.

User avatar
Minestrone
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby Minestrone » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:42 pm UTC

Now that Lunchmeat has posted I think it's time to comment on their wagon, and my comment is that it weirds me out, especially since her latest posts seem quite townie. I have to wonder if it's something to do with playstyle though, because all of the HBCs were on the wagon (Yoloswag had their "phantom vote" on LM) so while I would be inclined to find Zyth's vote especially scummy I'll reserve judgement for now. Speaking of playstyle differences:

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Why does giving reasons for your FOS and votes make someone more likely to be town? In fact, I'd say the opposite is more likely. Scum wants to stay out of the spotlight and if they simply put down votes for no reasons, I think that would cast some suspicion on them which they obviously would not want.


Voting without providing a reason is an antitown action, because it makes votes harder to analyze. If you don't give a reason for your vote you don't have to defend your vote against criticism, and it provides less information in the event of a flip (either of your target or yourself). Thus, scum would be more likely to provide poor or no justification for votes, despite your winey reasoning about the spotlight.

Dimochka's replacement request throws a wrench in my vote, since I can't reasonably expect their replacement to explain the contradiction, and so I'll

Unvote

But IGMEOY

I was thinking of voting freezeblade but they promised good content later so I'll freeze that idea for now.

I also see Dj as scummy for contentless posts but their earlier posts were in the fluff phase anyway and I'd like to see what they have to say now. To give them some encouragement:

Vote: Djehutynakht

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby freezeblade » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:45 pm UTC

bessie wrote:for lack of actual content in his posts, and for promoting confusion.

Confused I am by this accusation
perhaps not the former, opinions vary;
Though the prose that my restriction carry
Plenty of meaning therein lies content

Yet causing confusion on purpose, miss?
Counterproductive to playing this game
I look back on your posts to see the matter
be misinterpretation, the culprit?

bessie wrote:And this last post seems to promote wanting more confusion. In this post he rejects the idea that anyone should not be posting in poetry even though some have said it was confusing for them. He also seems to be against the compromise of summarizing posts in parenthesis.

[my post]

He has pretty much stated that the confusion is part of the game. And by the way we are not all required to post in verse. I have specifically stated in an earlier post that I do not have a post restriction that requires me to post in verse. Only USN and Lunch Meat have claimed this. Why are you pushing for this then, are you trying to promote confusion?

Ah, I see now where there seed of this thought
I meant not that players must all post prose
Mearly that of my own post restriction
To it's full letter I shall be playing
And like our own USN earlier
On my own, avoiding parenthesis
Shall be the goal of my own posts and play
If, for vital clarity need, more text
then out of prose and character, I post
This, however, is my own sense of game
Others may follow, or not, to their will.

Of the vote on you there, I shall explain
Directly after your post still felt off
Call a player out on heavy lurking
only to have them soon after
with nar-y an explanion to give
forgive for lurking is a slow stepped path.
However, of you I feel much better
Content flows like water from a river
where for others the river is still dry


unvote

(I really don't like posting with comments, as it feels like laking on the 4th wall of the game. However, if it is not fun for people, I shall do it. This is a game afterall that we are playing, and if we are not having fun, what's the point? I felt this really needed to be addressed, so I posted it before my long post that I'm still working on. I will contemplate weither or not to give later explanations in parenthesis on this one as well)
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 669
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby SDK » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:47 pm UTC

Lord forgive me, I've forgotten my posting restriction. 'Tis a nobler thing to try and fail than never to have tried at all.

Minestrone, what do you think of Gopher?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
Minestrone
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby Minestrone » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:54 pm UTC

I agree that their posts are a bit thin, perhaps too thin to hang a lamp on, but their general style of asking questions and making comments seems normal for them. It'd be nice if they backed that up with some more analysis of their own. I would say neutral-scummy

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby UniqueScreenname » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:03 pm UTC

Zyth votes me for something from days passed
And ignores all I've done since
A lazy approach on a subject explained
Is certainly making me wince
Your two votes before were decidedly fluff
One a bandwagon, one as a joke
And are making you fall quickly from my esteem
Put some effort in. Enough with the smoke.

If you don't want to look for the answers I've given
Then, lo, again they will appear
If a victim I wanted of sir SDK
You would find a vote ever so clear
Instead you'll find I've looked for another
Who's more likely to do us all harm
Which is what I always intended to do
And then go forth and sound the alarm
SDK was for if no one else I could find
For I believe he's out just for himself
But that's nothing that needs to be dealt with now
In fact I wish him good health

So, dear Zyth, I entreat you, to keep searching on
There is much, it seems, you've not read
And comment on something from the last day or two
Before you go off to bed.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby freezeblade » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:04 pm UTC

Here I start upon a quite lengthy post
Appoligies in advance I shall give
In my attempt to be very thorough
I'm afraid that I have become verbose
the extent of which I'm sure you can see
Feel free to disect and pick it apart
I shall expand upon any part wished
and bid you good luck upon your journey :P

SDK when placing his early vote
Seemed to me well along his fine meta,
along with a bold claim of bulletproof
We shall see where along the lines this falls
Upon the morrow more talk may soon come
his vote for my lynch still sits there scowling
with ner-y a mention or throught provoked
Voted elsewhere yet forgot to unvote
A mistake I'm sure, one he will correct
Neutral leaning scummy I find him yet.

Lunch Meat I still find a little lurk-y
writing the questions to start game null
Silence with a few posts puncuated
Seems to defend SDK as of late
Scummy lurking might seem to be meta
If her meta may be, like it, I not.

This said of moody perhaps I could not
again silence puncuated by posts
however of much thick content arise
within these few posts that all there can find
Squarly within his own meta these are
So of a mostly townie sort, I think

USN, unique be her name
Finds SDK, though meta play, townie
disapproves of role-specing yolo king;
by fair bessie, and intruptets a threat
of quote from Henry IV, which I find;
Only to keep up a post restriction
Of my own thoughts of fair USN though,
Playing along a townie (meta) vibe.

Speaking of bessie, as I have before
previously a scummy vibe there had been
though mostly on a judgement from lurking
Much better I feel now on her content,
mostly neutral in my books I now find

the Gopher of Pern, as long as his name
Questions young Yolo, upon his "town pool"
With wine-y comments about how the scum
Try so hard to be looked upon as town
thinks that "townie tells" or "pools" matter not.
This I find strange and most irregular
As the making of "townie lists" is quite
common practice to root out lurking scum
by processes of ellimination.
and by This strange logic, a ping, I find

And of Yolo, and double-counting vote
neither scummy nor townie that I find
Both ways have I seen it within a game
and powerful either way it shall be
a target on his back though, he painted.
His opinoins on townieness I find,
though he lists Amanita in "town pool"
If there is a reason, he lists it not.

Zyth, of clan HBC I do wonder
His claim of recognition confusing
at first, thought I, from another forum
for this name, I carry, from place to place
though he now says "I was being silly"
This may itself be of no consequence
But Jumping votes with no explanation
Bodes scummy, and pings upon my radar

Of the others though I fully admit
to not having much of a read at all:
Amanita from the mushroom kingdom,
Minestrone a tasty bowl of soup,
DJ with much prose but content lacking,
Madge I always find hard to get a read,
and Dimochka who will soon be replaced.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby mpolo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:25 pm UTC

kalira is replacing dimochka. I don't know if she's going to manage a full reading before nightfall, though.

Hopefully correct Votals:

freezeblade (2): Lunch Meat, bessie
UniqueScreenname (1): Zyth
bessie (1): UniqueScreenname
SDK (1): Gopher of Pern
Lunch Meat (2): amanita, moody7277
Djehutynakht (2): SDK, Minestrone

About the Unvotes I'll say this for now,
While they are nice, the vote should be enow.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby UniqueScreenname » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:19 pm UTC

Of Madge I state I have noticed a trend
She fears my skills
Even still
And this I cannot comprehend

Last game she kept saying she feared me
She had no read other than that
Last game she wanted to exterminate me
How much should I weigh that fact?

It's easy to say you are cautious of me
And make people think that's a read
And that's one more person to cross off your list
One more person you don't need to heed

So I have to wonder if our lady Madge
Has a phobia she cannot quit
Or if she is really just faking the fear
To look active, but really just sit.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby moody7277 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:37 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:This said of moody perhaps I could not
again silence puncuated by posts
however of much thick content arise
within these few posts that all there can find
Squarly within his own meta these are
So of a mostly townie sort, I think


Brevity is the soul of my wit.


Zyth: Am I right to assume your quick vote at the start was a similar reaction garnering move to SDK's? While we've come to expect it from SDK, you're new here. I figure it's okay to ask because you have had ample time for it to provoke what you want.

bessie: How much do you believe there are lyncher mechanics in this game?

Djehutynakht: Would you have gotten on board a Lunch Meat lynch?

Unvote
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:45 pm UTC

I know I haven't been posting as much,
Exams are a dreadful burden for play.
Know that I will keep up as I might,
But less activity there will be for sure.

SDK: Of course you don't like my interpretation. I'm calling you scummy. You're dangerous because you're good. You only got caught out in Doctor Who because of a race cop. You also haven't been as bold as you have in the past, and your phrasing sounds off. Of course, it seems you've changed back now, but is that because of the pressure I'm applying, or was I imagining things?

As to what I think of USN? Started off a bit shaky, and getting confused, but seems alright. Their prose is putting me off, like everyone's, but I can hardly call them scummy for that. Otherwise, I'm not getting much of a read on them, scummy or townie.

Honestly, so far the scummiest player I've seen so far is Zyth. Could be because of different meta, but 2 crappy votes, and then attacking USN for something long ago? Plus the silly thing with freezeblade. Take is as null. Why should we take your word for it?

Unvote
Vote: Zyth
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:26 am UTC

Merrily bouncing, down the street, and then
Merrily over-there it is in the water!


Hey guys, I appreciate USN pointing out the proper pronouns and apologize to anyone's name I jacked up during the phase.

When is deadline? Also, I have a feeling that SDK/Gopher contains at least 1 scum. More tomorrow when I am not busy with work, I have a lot to post. I also need to drop my vote.

amanita, I need you to awaken.

Lunch Meat
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:30 am UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby Lunch Meat » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:43 am UTC

The dark of night draws unto us apace
A target must be found for us, and soon.
If each her part in hunting scum does not,
I fear the circling vultures will for us choose
And that the day's accuséd victim will
be just the weakest, not the scummiest

freezeblade wrote:Lunch Meat ...
Seems to defend SDK as of late

With this assertion I do disagree,
I had him earlier neutral leaning scum
And stated only that his latest post
Was better--not enough for town read though

I find the rest of freezeblade's reads ring true,
Yet they in boldness seem to lack; 'tis odd
Sincere though they may be, I dare to say
They seem to unoriginal be, to me.
My vote remains, but if he offers more,
Or others disagree, persuaded I could be.

UniqueScreenname wrote:So I have to wonder if our lady Madge
Has a phobia she cannot quit
Or if she is really just faking the fear
To look active, but really just sit.

Our fair USN speaketh well, this is
A good point; 'pon it I shall ponder long.

Gopher of Pern wrote:SDK: Of course you don't like my interpretation. I'm calling you scummy. You're dangerous because you're good. You only got caught out in Doctor Who because of a race cop. You also haven't been as bold as you have in the past, and your phrasing sounds off. Of course, it seems you've changed back now, but is that because of the pressure I'm applying, or was I imagining things?
...
Honestly, so far the scummiest player I've seen so far is Zyth. Could be because of different meta, but 2 crappy votes, and then attacking USN for something long ago? Plus the silly thing with freezeblade. Take is as null. Why should we take your word for it?

Concerning SDK I do agree,
But vote on Zyth seems unwarranted to me
Suspicious he certainly is, but it remains
More plausible a different meta he has
Perhaps the flock he flocketh from doth have
A diff'rent feather coloring to our own.
An easy target Zyth doth seem to me.
An FOS is fair, not yet a vote.

Hark! I ninja'd was; dear Yoloswag,
Apology accepted, welcome back.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:01 am UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:Zyth votes me for something from days passed
And ignores all I've done since
A lazy approach on a subject explained
Is certainly making me wince
Your two votes before were decidedly fluff
One a bandwagon, one as a joke
And are making you fall quickly from my esteem
Put some effort in. Enough with the smoke.

If you don't want to look for the answers I've given
Then, lo, again they will appear
If a victim I wanted of sir SDK
You would find a vote ever so clear
Instead you'll find I've looked for another
Who's more likely to do us all harm
Which is what I always intended to do
And then go forth and sound the alarm
SDK was for if no one else I could find
For I believe he's out just for himself
But that's nothing that needs to be dealt with now
In fact I wish him good health

So, dear Zyth, I entreat you, to keep searching on
There is much, it seems, you've not read
And comment on something from the last day or two
Before you go off to bed.

All you have said was that you changed your mind. May I ask why? I am not voting you for pushing him, rather, suggesting that he should be the lynch should we not find something else. The first vote was a random vote thrown out at the start of the game, is that not normal around here? Adding to a bandwagon doesn't count as fluff.
Gopher of Pern wrote:I know I haven't been posting as much,
Exams are a dreadful burden for play.
Know that I will keep up as I might,
But less activity there will be for sure.

SDK: Of course you don't like my interpretation. I'm calling you scummy. You're dangerous because you're good. You only got caught out in Doctor Who because of a race cop. You also haven't been as bold as you have in the past, and your phrasing sounds off. Of course, it seems you've changed back now, but is that because of the pressure I'm applying, or was I imagining things?

As to what I think of USN? Started off a bit shaky, and getting confused, but seems alright. Their prose is putting me off, like everyone's, but I can hardly call them scummy for that. Otherwise, I'm not getting much of a read on them, scummy or townie.

Honestly, so far the scummiest player I've seen so far is Zyth. Could be because of different meta, but 2 crappy votes, and then attacking USN for something long ago? Plus the silly thing with freezeblade. Take is as null. Why should we take your word for it?

Unvote
Vote: Zyth

I don't see how throwing out a random vote at the start counts as a crappy vote. Voting to add to the wagon might seem crappy to you, but why is it scummy? LM was nowhere near a lynch. Yes, it was me being silly, that's all there is to it and is the entire truth. You can choose not to take my word for it but why is it scummy again?

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby bessie » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:24 am UTC

My main reason for voting for freezeblade was the lack of content in his posts. He has since made some posts with some content. I still have him on my suspicious list, but for now I will

Unvote

and move my vote to the other player I have accused of posting walls of poetic fluff with no actual content.

Vote Djehutnakht

for the reasons given in my earlier analysis on page 3. I think that makes me the dreaded third vote on DJ. More later, I'm having an issue with my internet lagging.

User avatar
Minestrone
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby Minestrone » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:37 am UTC

So let me remind all of you that the deadline is less than 14 hours from when I'm posting this. I'll have a short window to change things in the morning but this will probably be my final vote.

I'm not happy actually lynching someone like dj before they come back, I'm afraid they could just be lurky town, and I'd rather lynch someone whose flip will actually give us something to talk about tomorrow since reads today are as shaky as the legs of the accused anyway.

Unvote

Nor am I happy lynching any of the HBCs, partly because we need time to get used to their playstyle and partly for reasons of hospitality.

I think my best bet at this point is

Vote: moody

Because their posts put me in a suspicious mood, and seem to be good at contributing very little per word. For example,
moody7277 wrote:Zyth: Am I right to assume your quick vote at the start was a similar reaction garnering move to SDK's? While we've come to expect it from SDK, you're new here. I figure it's okay to ask because you have had ample time for it to provoke what you want.

bessie: How much do you believe there are lyncher mechanics in this game?

Djehutynakht: Would you have gotten on board a Lunch Meat lynch?


I don't see the use in any of these questions, other than to fill a post with fluff when the time calls for scumhunting. The only "scumhunting" they've done so far is a big post listing every player and a mostly neutral read on them, followed by jumping on the Lunchmeat wagon. The wall of reads is too nonconfrontational, as is putting their vote where so many others have their votes.

So that's my best guess for day one. It remains to be seen how this scene will close. If things change drastically in the next 12 hours I may be able to adjust.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby Madge » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:48 am UTC

GERTRUDE
More matter, with less art.
POLONIUS
Madam, I swear I use no art at all.
That he is mad, ’tis true. Tis true, ’tis pity,
And pity ’tis ’tis true—a foolish figure,
But farewell it, for I will use no art.


{check it! a shakespeare quote saying I'm not going to be using fancy quotes??? irony, right?}

OKay, I think I've been able to read through some things and they are really, truly doing my head in. I am considering voting Freezeblade purely because of his disdain for putting commentary in parentheses.

At the end of the day, we're stuck with the curse of D1 - little to run our speculation of.

USN - funny you should mention Dr Who mafia, I mentioned I was scared of you purely because I was hoping people would be scared of you and lynch you. Same reason I mentioned scum having safeclaims - we didn't have safeclaims, but I wanted everyone to think we did, so claims weren't taken as clearing one's name. So on some level I think I reiterated my fear of you because I wanted to keep up a reputation of being scared of you in case it ever becomes useful as scum - no sense only being scared of you when I'm scum, right? But anyway. I digress. You haven't done anything to scare me, except for posting all the poetry and thus making me worried you're saying little whilst looking like you're saying a lot.

And so we get down to this:

"Go but apart,
Make choice of whom your wisest friends you will,
And they shall hear and judge 'twixt you and me."


We have, effectively, a whole bunch of people on equal footing in terms of votes, assuming my count is correct.

At the moment I don't have too much by way of opinion. As I said above, I'm similtenously liking and disliking FB for the prose. The lack of translations in brackets is a bit of a drag though.

USN is good, her analysis seems less good than freezeblade's but her posts are "better" because she has the decency to summarise.

Bessie I like, well and truly, for the good posts and the lack of obfuscation by poetry.

Minestrone is good for the same reason, makes a good point about moody's playstyle and all.

The others I'm less sure about. DJ I could be persuaded to vote, similarly to USN and FB he has poetry and I like it and hate it at the same time.

Unofficial Votals:
freezeblade (1): Lunch Meat
UniqueScreenname (1): Zyth
bessie (1): UniqueScreenname
Lunch Meat (1): amanita,
Djehutynakht (2): SDK, bessie
Zyth (1): GoP
Moody (1): Minestrone
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:01 am UTC

Vote: Bessie

This action be purely defensive, mind.
I'd vote for SDK, but none seem to follow in kind.
I doubt his claims, for reasons I know
And he's a crafty one, jumping to and fro.

I will try and elaborate more soon,
I've truly been dancing to a hellish tune.
The weekend past was All Hallow's Eve
And work I've to do, many fine tasks to weave.
And I've other, more important choices to place right now, I say,
To remind you all, it's America's election day.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:10 am UTC

Votals:

freezeblade (1): Lunch Meat
UniqueScreenname (1): Zyth
bessie (2): UniqueScreenname, Djehutynakht
Lunch Meat (1): amanita
Djehutynakht (2): SDK, bessie
Zyth (1): Gopher of Pern
moody7277 (1) : Minestrone

Just under 7 hours to deadline.

A tie could come if votes don't change today,
In that case I would grant ye presently
Another day; but should the tie persist,
Then no one dies. Do you now get my jist?
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Prologue

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:44 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:Djehutynakht: Would you have gotten on board a Lunch Meat lynch?


Nay.

Similar have many said my fault over the last few day.
With such in mind, what right have I for such a vote to pay?
I've learned through experience, sometimes a lurk is just a lurk.
Sometimes you don't know what to do, sometimes you just have work.
For what I know and see of Lunch Meat, I believe her claims to be true,
Perhaps that shall the next read change, but for now I'll let her through.
(No. It would be a bit hypocritical of me, plus from what I know of Lunch Meat I believe they're being truthful.)


#HBC | amanita wrote:DJE is someone who I don't necessarily like either as I feel he pops up to give contribution at intervals where he's not really needed and it just doesn't seem natural to me. He also seemed unusually bothered about YOLOSWAG claiming he couldn't vote, or perhaps focused on something that I don't feel really needed much of a focus on.


Bothered, my friend?
I cannot see this end.
Merely I went to inquire,
In my words I see no sign of ire.
To clarify his claiming was my intent.
He did so, and thus departing the subject I went.
(I wasn't bothered. I was just asking for clarification. He did so, and so I stopped responding. Waste of rhyme-space)

Popping up and down day One's something I find not so strange
For we're floating here, not much to grab; D1 has an extensive range.
Frankly I suspect the attempt
To start huge D1 scum-hunts with much contempt.
Scum hunting must be done, tis certainly true
But with light there's not much fact we've yet to accrue.
And perhaps D1 those who lead with too much confidence and pride
May have a secret themselves that they're wishing to hide?
(I find the strategy of just sort of milling around and stirring up conversation is a worthy one on D1, when we have no actual solid.. anything to go on. I often regard those who try too hard to lead a valiant scumhunt on D1 with suspicion. It's my opinion a good scum is more likely to be active than lurky).

bessie wrote:where DJ says that the poetry is required by some in the game.
...
But he soon backtracks on this, where he says perhaps it would be better to facilitate participation because that would be the townie thing to do.


Nay, tis not backtracking. The two sentiments you must join!
I believe they are two sides of one coin.
Our restrictions we must keep dear.
For the wrath of breaking them may be something to fear.
(Plus, I must admit, I appreciate the work for wit)
But while we must keep the spirit and the rule
Lost townies we cannot afford, or we'd be the fool.
So keep our poetry and our prose
But let others know our meaning, for good repose.


For suspicions to raise, I must level my gaze.

Amanita finds me suspicious. Though I find their grounds generally auspicious.
Sure, some in there may be justified. But some of their concerns I think be just a tad too tried.
And yet I wonder, with these concerns, why not vote for me? Why the lurker Lunch Meat?
And why not change now? Maybe they've not been around, and I've not noticed yet anyhow.

Yet, although towards Amanita I may not yet trust
I would find an accusation now somewhat unjust.
I know not yet well the clan of HBC
I believe they first require some more observance from me.
(I'm not entirely sure I buy Amanita's reasons for suspecting me. And if she suspects me so much, why didn't she vote for me (please don't)?
However, I don't know anyone from the HBC lot well enough to act on anything I think suspicious yet)

For Bessie, I do wonder about speculation with kings
Some points seem to me to focus on unusual things.
She points out his actions, but it seems not to be right
Restrictions are on words, not on making one a white knight.
What makes you thinks the way he treats people has to do wit his role?
In what way has that ever been a common Mafia goal?
(Saying "Yoloswag's actions seem Kingly" is a bit of a weird speculation. The only way I could see these actions pointing to his role is if they were required by such. And I've never seen a role requiring "sympathy for his fellow players’ confusion... supportive of each man... Perhaps this analysis isn't scummy... but it's weird).

And to last I do point SDK
One of the most controversial, sure to say.
He is a master of illusion.
With blatant claims, softclaims, he causes confusion.
Yes true much of this behavior happens when townie's his game.
But I think he's capable too when scummy's his aim.
(I can't for sure say that SDK is scummy, but I know he's good at making a bluff either way, and so watching him is... important).


In all honesty I know not whom to vote
I'd rather a suspect, not a scapegoat
Bessie, for now I must keep my position
I don't know whether you're town, but me? For myself it's an easy decision.
I'd vote for others, but on them I have no tell.
D1, in terms of votes, doesn't seem to go well.
But more hours yet we have left of this ...swell.
So watch I will, and if a new suspect we arrange
I will be very open to considering a change
(I'm not happy with really any of the options. The vote on Bessie is primarily defensive, and mostly just because I don't have a strong enough read on anyone else listed to vote for them instead. If there's any last minute changes in the next 7 hours, I'll be happy to try and keep up.)


EDIT:

Shall we enforce a tie? What do you say?
As for me, the answer is Yay.

(I say we should try and maintain a tie for a 1-day extension. It would probably help)

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:45 am UTC

EBWOP:

EDIT, above, should more correctly be "ninja'd".

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:02 pm UTC

In response to Zyth from HBC
Why I changed my mind you should be able to see
Perhaps you can't understand my poetry
But I really don't think it's that murky
(I originally thought SDK revealing a power D1 was townie, because he's done it before, but then I thought about what claiming that particular power would do, and I believed him to be more likely a survivor).

You ask why a vote for no reason is so bad
The silliest question that could ever be had!
It's so we can find scum in their tracks
But how could we do so if tracks they do lack?

As far as the idea of forcing a tie
If someone minds it, it is not I
For me one more day is the same as day overwith
I'll probably not change my mind, except for
Unvote
Vote: Zyth


Madge should not vote for who she can't understand
There's so much disregard for which they stand
On; there are indeed tells to be found
I tell you, they are all around
You don't look for them even in whom you comprehend
If that doesn't change, you may meet a traitor's end
Only one vote have I, and it is on zyth
But of the space between you, there's not much width
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:03 pm UTC

EBWOP: should be "which side they stand"
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:19 pm UTC

It's bad to vote without reason? Perhaps!
Say that it's good? Never did I do that!
(I never asked why voting without reason is so bad. I asked why it's scummy. Scummy and bad is different.)

I am confused. I thought you said he was a survivor first and then changed your mind to thinking it's townie. Is it the other way round? It's very likely that I simply got it wrong from the looks of it... If that is the case though, if you think you have caught a survivor, why are you not pushing for his lynch but simply suggesting that it is a decent lynch? If you are a townie who thinks you have caught a survivor, you'd probably want to lynch him immediately, am I not right?

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:25 pm UTC

Are you a jester, good sir?
For nothing you say makes sense
Why should I Lynch a survivor
When real scum can be found hence?
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:26 pm UTC

Isn't survivor an independent? An independent is a real scum. Why does lynching an independent not make sense?

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:28 pm UTC

The mafia want to kill us
A survivor could be on our side
If I must pick between the two
The former I pick with pride
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:33 pm UTC

Yet that is what they say! To find mafia
Is not simple! They lie, they kill, they trick!

From what I know, if you think if you have any sort of scum on your hand, you waste no time and lynch them immediately. Saying that a survivor could be on our side is making me wonder though, are survivors typically town here?

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:39 pm UTC

Many say to win with scum feels wrong
And getting rid of killers makes a game less long
A short game means less killers, less chances of getting the ax
A survivor wants to finish the game, then he can relax
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:39 pm UTC

Never mind, I'm dumb lol. Survivors can only be indy.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:43 pm UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:Many say to win with scum feels wrong
And getting rid of killers makes a game less long
A short game means less killers, less chances of getting the ax
A survivor wants to finish the game, then he can relax

Mysteries of him you know nothing! Survive!
He does! But yet, his tools you know none of.

All you know is of his claim(bulletproof). You know nothing else about him. He could have other powers which hinder us. I'm starting to think this is more of a conflict among different playstyles. I'll have to take another look.
unvote

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:01 pm UTC

Unvote

My vote on Bessie is now not needed
To save my own; other votes have been seeded.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:36 pm UTC

So I did yet another read and I'm currently looking at GoP. He votes for me while calling my play bad and not saying how it is scummy. According to what I've seen here, justification for voting is very important and GoP definitely doesn't fit the bill of justifying his vote enough. Him being suspicious of YOLOSWAG for having a town pool is also odd, but it could yet be another playstyle difference. If anyone can clarify that'd be appreciated. I did see freezeblade say that it was normal though.
vote: Gopher of Pern
Would compromise to lynching moody.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby moody7277 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:03 pm UTC

Vote: Djehutynakht

Empty vessels make the loudest noise.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby kalira » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:10 pm UTC

An understudy I have claim to be,
And here perforce am ready to my part.
To plunder this robotic language I
Shall undertake in duty from the start.

(Will apologize now if I use any language or syntax in anything pentameter that you have to look up/reread several times... I am pretty familiar with Shakespeare and have had to write in that style before, and sometimes words like "perforce" sneak in. Not that it's necessarily easy for me to pentameter it up, just when I do, random less common words have a tendency to show up.)

I will definitely not have time to do a complete read by nightfall -- I was kinda hoping I wouldn't be called on this early, as I'm actually in tech week for a musical (explanation ready upon request for the non-theatrically inclined :) ), so I'm in long hours until Saturday IRL, but I will try to make it work as best I can.

It appears DJ and Zyth are tied at 2 votes apiece. I will begin my read-throughs with them and go back and hit the others after that. Had planned to read through the higher voted ones and place a vote so there wouldn't be a tie, but then I saw Ye Olde Mod informed we players that a tie extends deadline for 24 hours. I see at least one person calling for a tie today so as to extend D1 -- I am totally in for that. Will work on reading, but likely won't place a vote before current official nightfall, unless it's to maintain a tie.

FWIW, they each get a few townie points from me for having unvoted who they were on but not switching votes to each other (although mitigated by the fact that they know if one cast a vote for the other, the other could simply defensive vote us back to a tie...).

Ninja'd the first: Zyth, some people here seem to like to do the town to scum rating, which I'm assuming is what YS did. It is somewhat common amongst the players on this site, though not all. I can't remember if GoP is one of those that prefers or declines to do it.

Ninja'd the second: moody has untied the situation. I'm calling that somewhat scummy as it pertains to me, as it gives the newbie (me) less time to catch up today. As I haven't read anyone yet though, I shall reserve judgment on whether it's objectively scummy.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Minestrone
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act I, Scene I

Postby Minestrone » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:57 pm UTC

I'm all for another 24 hours. Though I find moody's untying of the votes scummy, I'll have to

Unvote

In order to fix the situation, as one cannot tie without their hands free.

Vote: Zyth

Not with the intention of lynching but the intention of getting the extension


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jimbobmacdoodle and 12 guests