Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Finis (Good wins!)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Minestrone

Re: Shakespeare Mafia - Act V, Scene I

Postby Minestrone » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:03 pm UTC

I know you want to do it through reads and stuff but this decision actually is easy. Lunch Meat literally just claimed that if we lynch her today she'll be around to talk and vote tomorrow, and leaving aside how ridiculous that would be balancewise on a cop, that means you can lynch her today and still win even if I'm scum. On the other hand, I can guarantee that town will lose if you mislynch me. It's not even a choice at this point.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:52 pm UTC

Hmm. I forgot YOLO got blocked last night and is only down to 1 vote today.
vote: Lunch Meat

@YOLO
Hammer is still yours. Remember how you said freezeblade being killed by scum makes no sense? Well, Lunch Meat scum killing freezeblade would make sense, since freezeblade was the only one being suspicious of her at that point of time. The other players had a strong town read on Lunch Meat. Also, her recent claim pretty much says that we should lynch her, as minestrone has said. If she's telling the truth, it would go from a 3v1 > 2v1. If she's lying, then well, we win, since that would make her scum, right? I understand you might be unsure of who's scum between minestrone and lunch meat but a lunch meat lynch pretty much guarantees a victory.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:24 pm UTC

Vote: Lunch Meat

That I distrust you. Yet, though I distrust,
Discomfort you, my lord, it nothing must.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:20 pm UTC

LADY MACBETH: Yet here's a spot…

JULIUS CAESAR: I think the lady doth protest too much.

OTHELLO: I would wring the life out of her, for jealousy is indeed a green-eyed monster.

KATE: If I be waspish, best beware my sting.

The three fall on LADY MACBETH.

SHAKESPEARE: Now my spells are all broken,
And the only power I have is my own,
For town has won the day. Now you all
Have got the power to keep me prisoner here,
Or send me off to London.
Give me your hands if we be friends,
And Bernstein will make amends.

Lunch Meat has been lynched. She was LADY MACBETH, scum with a 1-time unblockable kill.

Town wins the game! All independents lost independently, as it should be, I suppose.

I hope that everyone enjoyed the game. I suspect that town was a little overpowered here, but it seemed to work in the end. I was considering making Lady Macbeth's unblockable 2-shot if she had made it through the day, but I also didn't want to meddle. So thanks for solving that quandary for me. Sorry about getting lazy with the flavor.

Role PMs:

Spoiler:
#HBC | YOLOSWAG

I could be well moved if I were as you.
If I could pray to move, prayers would move me.
But I am constant as the northern star,
Of whose true-fixed and resting quality
There is no fellow in the firmament.
The skies are painted with unnumbered sparks.
They are all fire and every one doth shine,
But there’s but one in all doth hold his place.
So in the world. 'Tis furnished well with men,
And men are flesh and blood, and apprehensive,
Yet in the number I do know but one
That unassailable holds on his rank,
Unshaked of motion. And that I am he…

You are Julius Caesar, Emporer of Rome in all but name.

In a certain sense, you aren't even the hero of your own play, but you're still the central figure of a tragedy. Which for the purposes of this game, makes you a tragic hero. This means that you must post at least two lines of blank verse (either quoted from Shakespeare or composed on your own) at least in every other post. If you want to do everything in blank verse, that would be fine as well. You know that the other tragic heroes have the same restriction, so might be able to use this to get some advantage.

You are also very fixed on your own decisions and somewhat proud. At the same time, you doth bestride the narrow world like a Colossus. As a result, your vote counts double, but you cannot change your vote unless forced to by a game mechanic. You may post "fingers of suspicion" FoS freely and change those at will, as they have no game effect other than to tell others what you are thinking.

You are town, and win when all threats to the town have been neutralized.

#HBC | zyth

Then must you speak
Of one that loved not wisely but too well,
Of one not easily jealous but, being wrought,
Perplexed in the extreme; of one whose hand,
Like the base Indian, threw a pearl away
Richer than all his tribe; of one whose subdued eyes,
Albeit unused to the melting mood,
Drop tears as fast as the Arabian trees
Their medicinable gum. Set you down this,
And say besides that in Aleppo once,
Where a malignant and a turbaned Turk
Beat a Venetian and traduced the state,
I took by th’ throat the circumcised dog
And smote him thus.

You are Othello, the Moor of Venice.

You are a tragic hero. This means that you must post at least two lines of blank verse (either quoted from Shakespeare or composed on your own) at least in every other post. If you want to do everything in blank verse, that would be fine as well. You know that the other tragic heroes have the same restriction, so might be able to use this to get some advantage.

Once in the game, you may submit a night kill against another player.

Madge

To be, or not to be, that is the question—
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing, end them? To die, to sleep—
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
The Heart-ache, and the thousand Natural shocks
That Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep,
To sleep, perchance to Dream; Aye, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause.

You are Hamlet, Prince of Denmark.

You are a tragic hero. This means that you must post at least two lines of blank verse (either quoted from Shakespeare or composed on your own) at least in every other post. If you want to do everything in blank verse, that would be fine as well. You know that the other tragic heroes have the same restriction, so might be able to use this to get some advantage.

As you seek the killer of your father, you are paying close attention to what the others are doing. As a result, you have the ability to track one player each night. You will be informed of any and all persons that that character visited in the night.

bessie

There is a river in Macedon, and there is moreover a river in Monmouth. It is called Wye at Monmouth, but it is out of my prains w hat is the name of the other river; but 'tis all one, 'tis alike as my fingers is to my fingers, and there is salmons in both.

You are Fluellen, Welsh Captain to Henry V.

As a proud Welshman, you must show it in your posting. Each post should have some sort of "Welsh" element, be it substituting p for b, mentioning leeks, mentioning St. Davy, using words like Mawr, or anything else that strikes your fancy.

You should be able to do just about anything, if you put your mind to it. You are serving as a backup for the first townie who is killed. You will inherit their power (if any).

Djehutynakht

I am thy father's spirit,
Doom'd for a certain term to walk the night,
And for the day confin'd to fast in fires,
Till the foul crimes done in my days of nature
Are burnt and purg'd away. But that I am forbid
To tell the secrets of my prison house,
I could a tale unfold whose lightest word
Would harrow up thy soul, freeze thy young blood,
Make thy two eyes, like stars, start from their spheres,
Thy knotted and combined locks to part,
And each particular hair to stand on end
Like quills upon the fretful porcupine.
But this eternal blazon must not be
To ears of flesh and blood. List, list, O, list!
If thou didst ever thy dear father love-

You are Hamlet's Ghost, once King of Denmark.

In your nightly walking through the halls of this play, you have come to know the various characters and their frailties very well. Each night, you may PM the mod with a piece of text posted by another player the day before, asking whether that text was caused by a restriction. If it was caused by a restriction, you will discover the character name and the precise nature of that restriction.

Your own posting is unrestricted, although you may choose to emulate another…

SDK

Hold, then; go home, be merry, give consent
To marry Paris: Wednesday is to-morrow:
To-morrow night look that thou lie alone;
Let not thy nurse lie with thee in thy chamber:
Take thou this vial, being then in bed,
And this distilled liquor drink thou off;
When presently through all thy veins shall run
A cold and drowsy humour, for no pulse
Shall keep his native progress, but surcease:
No warmth, no breath, shall testify thou livest;
The roses in thy lips and cheeks shall fade
To paly ashes, thy eyes' windows fall,
Like death, when he shuts up the day of life;
Each part, deprived of supple government,
Shall, stiff and stark and cold, appear like death:
And in this borrow'd likeness of shrunk death
Thou shalt continue two and forty hours,
And then awake as from a pleasant sleep.

You are Friar Laurence, confidant to Romeo and Juliet.

As a man of the church, you must make mention of God, Jesus, the cross, the sacraments, or something else with religious overtones at least in every second post.

You are an expert in herbal remedies (and poisons, for that matter), so that you can protect one player per night from any kill effects.

#HBC | amantia

No, 'tis not so deep as a well, nor so wide as a church-door; but 'tis enough,'twill serve: ask for me to-morrow, and you shall find me a grave man. I am peppered, I warrant, for this world. A plague o'both your houses! 'Zounds, a dog, a rat, a mouse, a cat, to scratch a man to death! a braggart, a rogue, a villain, that fights by the book of arithmetic! Why the devil came you between us? I was hurt under your arm.

You are Mercutio, friend to Romeo and to the Prince.

You, like Beatrice, are born to speak all mirth and no matter. Your posting restriction is to employ wordplay (or other humorous devices, such as irony) in some way in at least every other post.

As a friend to the prince, you may jail one other player each night. They will be both roleblocked and unable to be attacked.

moody7277

Yet here, Laertes! aboard, aboard, for shame!
The wind sits in the shoulder of your sail,
And you are stay'd for. There; my blessing with thee!
And these few precepts in thy memory
See thou character. Give thy thoughts no tongue,
Nor any unproportioned thought his act.
Be thou familiar, but by no means vulgar.
Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel;
But do not dull thy palm with entertainment
Of each new-hatch'd, unfledged comrade. Beware
Of entrance to a quarrel, but being in,
Bear't that the opposed may beware of thee.
Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,
But not express'd in fancy; rich, not gaudy;
For the apparel oft proclaims the man,
And they in France of the best rank and station
Are of a most select and generous chief in that.
Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
This above all: to thine ownself be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell: my blessing season this in thee!

You are Polonius, advisor to King Claudius.

You are not really sure how you got into this whole mess. Actually, to tell the truth, you are often a little befuddled. As such, you would have been happy just to survive these proceedings. However, a better option has presented itself: you have allied with Lady Macbeth (Lunch Meat) and Tybalt (dimochka) to eliminate the weak-willed from this play. You are aware that there are three independents involved in the proceedings.

Perhaps you can improve your chances by hiding behind the arras in people's rooms. What could go wrong? Each night, you may watch another player, finding out who has visited him or her that night.

As a famed provider of wisdom, you must include at least one piece of traditional wisdom in your postings per twenty-four hour realtime period. The weekend counts as 24 hours.

You are scum, and win when scum controls the majority of votes during a day period and there are no other killing powers in play. Each night, you may choose among you one person to carry out a kill against another player.

Lunch Meat

The raven himself is hoarse
That croaks the fatal entrance of Duncan
Under my battlements. Come, you spirits
That tend on mortal thoughts, unsex me here,
And fill me from the crown to the toe topful
Of direst cruelty!

You are Lady Macbeth, schemer intent on the throne.

Your weakling husband could not make it to this little play, so you will have to take things into your own hands. You have banded together with Polonius (moody7277) and Tybalt (dimochka) to advance your ends.

You are aware that all tragic heroes make use of blank verse to identify themselves to one another. Make of this what you will. Your speech will favor the prefix un-. Your mind is also fixed on blood, spots, and birds of all sorts. You must use at least one of these features at least in every second posting.

Once in the game, if you are carrying out the kill, you may make it unblockable.

You are scum, and win when scum controls the majority of votes during a day period and there are no other killing powers in play. Each night, you may choose among you one person to carry out a kill against another player.

dimochka

Patience perforce with wilful choler meeting
Makes my flesh tremble in their different greeting.
I will withdraw: but this intrusion shall
Now seeming sweet convert to bitter gall.

You are Tybalt, Capulet and enemy of Romeo.

Your hatred of Romeo extends even beyond his death. At least Leonard Bernstein managed to save your sister Juliet, even if he called her Maria. You have banded together with Lady Macbeth (Lunch Meat) and Polonius (moody7277) to advance your ends. You are aware that there are no characters from The Tempest, Much Ado About Nothing, or Richard II present in this new play.

The power of your hate is so strong, that once in the game, if you are chosen to perform the night kill, you may choose to make yourself untrackable and unwatchable.

Minestrone

Petruchio: Come, come, you wasp, i’faith you are too angry.
Katherine: If I be waspish, best beware my sting.
Petruchio: My remedy is then to pluck it out.
Katherine: Ay, if the fool could find where it lies.
Petruchio: Who knows not where a wasp does wear his sting? In his tail.
Katherine: In his tongue.
Petruchio: Whose tongue?
Katherine: Yours, if you talk of tales, and so farewell.
Petruchio: What, with my tongue in your tail?

You are Katherine, the titular shrew in want of taming.

Alas, your courtship with Petruchio did not run smoothly. Here at least, you hope to put your verbal wit to the test. Your posting restriction is to employ wordplay (or other humorous devices, such as irony) in some way in at least every other post.

Your barbs have bite, though. Each night you may choose another player to roleblock through your repartee.

Unique ScreenName

If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumber'd here
While these visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding but a dream,
Gentles, do not reprehend:
if you pardon, we will mend:
And, as I am an honest Puck,
If we have unearned luck
Now to 'scape the serpent's tongue,
We will make amends ere long;
Else the Puck a liar call;
So, good night unto you all.
Give me your hands, if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.

You are Robin Goodfellow, also known as Puck.

As a mischievous spirit, you only wish to spread confusion. Of course, you also would prefer to survive to deliver the epilogue…

Each day, you may change the vote of another player. This will show up in the Votals, but the recorded vote will remain as the caster had placed it. So if you made Vytron change his vote from Sungura to Gojoe (for whom wam was already voting), it would look like this:

Sungura (0): Vytron
Gojoe (2): wam

Of course you will be able to better hide this if there are more people voting.

In addition, each night, you can redirect the actions directed on one player to fall upon another player.

You delight in rhymes and must employ them in your posting.

You are independent, and must survive to win.

wam

O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
And I'll no longer be a Capulet.

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.

Everything would have worked out if it weren't for that bumbling priest. His bungling cost Romeo his life, and to tell the truth, would have cost yours as well, if Leonard Bernstein hadn't adjusted the plot. As a result, you long for revenge. Your goal is to lynch Friar Laurence. To aid your scheme, you have disguised yourself as KING LEAR.

You are a tragic heroine disguised as a tragic hero. This means that you must post at least two lines of blank verse (either quoted from Shakespeare or composed on your own) at least in every other post. If you want to do everything in blank verse, that would be fine as well. You know that the other tragic heroes have the same restriction, so might be able to use this to get some advantage.

You are independent, and win if you achieve your goal of lynching Friar Laurence. If he should be killed in the night, you will have a one-time option to side with town or mafia for the rest of the game.

freezeblade

Is not my sorrow deep, having no bottom?
Then be my passions bottomless with them.

You are Titus Andronicus, wronged Roman general.

Revenge is your meat, now that you have lost so much. Is it any surprise that you have become a serial killer?

Your goal is to be the last man standing.
Last edited by mpolo on Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:24 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Lunch Meat

Postby Lunch Meat » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:22 pm UTC

One: two: why,
then, 'tis time to do't.--Hell is murky!--Fie, my
lord, fie! a soldier, and afeard? What need we
fear who knows it, when none can call our power to
account?--Yet who would have thought the old man
to have had so much blood in him.

To bed, to bed! there's knocking at the gate:
come, come, come, come, give me your hand. What's
done cannot be undone.--To bed, to bed, to bed!

I go now to my bed, and I know not
Whence I shall go hereafter; can such things be
forgiv'n? I can't live with my guilt, and yet
I'd rather die than to repent of all
These things that I have done. No more then, no!
Curs'd be the words that told me I'd be queen!
They are to blame, but it's I who will die.
Before the gods destroy me and my Lord,
My own blood-stained hand will shed my life.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:27 pm UTC

Bravo for the death speech!

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:29 pm UTC

I was roleblocked that night that I was killed, or it would have been a proper shakespeare death, we would have killed each other (Lunch meat was my kill target the night I was killed)

Great game, good flavor. I hope there will some day be shakespeare II: shake harder.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Lunch Meat

Postby Lunch Meat » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:31 pm UTC

I guessed wrong last night, and then made two huge mistakes today because I panicked this morning and thought I had basically lost, so I posted the first things that came to my head figuring I might as well give them a shot, instead of thinking them through. I used my unblockable kill last night because I thought that I was likely to be blocked and wanted to be cleared, and as a bonus would not have to make up a cop result. If I had saved it, I could have been guaranteed a win just by not getting lynched.

Then I should have claimed YOLOSWAG as a target with the opposite result from Minestrone, and speculated about a redirector or scum having some kind of ability like an unblockable kill. That way no one would have known immediately that I was scum, as Minestrone did.

Then I should have said my "exile" power only worked if I was NK'd.

Oh well, it was my first traditional game as scum, so I'm not terribly upset.

Ninja: So at least that was a good decision, I guessed you were SK but we considered keeping you alive to be lynched or help us kill more town, but didn't want to risk you killing me.

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:43 pm UTC

Good game, folks. Well played, Lunch Meat. Thanks for modding, mpolo.

For a game this size, I have surprisingly little to talk about post-game. This was just a good ol' fashioned game of mafia, you know?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:17 pm UTC

This was a really well played game of mafia from all sides. I'm laughing that we almost had Lunch Meat D1 on that early wagon, but she managed to escape the noose and slip into endgame!

This was a lot of fun, and though the setup is swingy, I think it's balanced. Props to the mod for some nice flavor as well. Julius Caesar is one of my favorite figures from history, so I was ecstatic when I rolled him.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:25 pm UTC

Personally Lunch Meat I think your big mistake was claiming alignment cop.

Yet nobody apparently trusted me, so you got away there.

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:32 pm UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:Personally Lunch Meat I think your big mistake was claiming alignment cop.

I sort-of agree. Certainly it was a mistake to continue adding more and more to your role. You can't claim everything. You played well though, Lunch Meat. Endgame is tough for a lone scum.

Djehutynakht wrote:Yet nobody apparently trusted me, so you got away there.

Not sure why you're surprised by that. You made no sense for the last two Days, then your story kept changing. I would have loved a reason not to lynch you, but you didn't give us much to work with with all your flip-flopping and deception.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:38 pm UTC

Hey, in the end I told you (or offered to, with YOLO's case) literally everything I knew. At the end, I came completely 100% clean.

I dunno why he said that a name cop was of no consequence. Of course it was of consequence! It's a cop!

...but yeah, I know I was acting a bit shifty. I didn't want to give away everything until I had to, and at one point (attempting to flip you, Minestrone), I figured if we were down to 1 scum, if we lynched them using my info it would have totally worked.

Plus I couldn't see how scum could have not figured that out.

Minestrone's flip makes sense now, though I was much more suspicious at the time.

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:52 pm UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:Hey, in the end I told you (or offered to, with YOLO's case) literally everything I knew. At the end, I came completely 100% clean.

Haha, yeah, I know, but better late than never doesn't really apply to Mafia when you've spent the last bunch of posts lying and misdirecting.

Thing is, there was no reason to wait. Usually waiting will just make it worse for yourself, but in this case, when you only have one scum left, things are really simple. You should have just come clean and shared everything from the get-go. Shiftily hinting that you're unlynchable is not going to take the spotlight off of you! :wink:

Minestrone

Postby Minestrone » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:30 pm UTC

Wow, nice to know the one time I blocked a kill I saved scum! I think scum played well for the most part. The thing with moody was a tough break, as was the SK and mafia turning against each other so early.

I think Lunch Meat's big mistake the last day was not claiming that her power only worked for NKs. Other than that it was a tough situation and there weren't many choices. Lulling me into thinking I could lynch YOLO and block her kill would've been an amazing win, but I probably would have sided with YOLO anyway. Claiming alignment cop was a nice touch and I didn't find it too fishy until the scum result on me.

I probably didn't play my role optimally. I found myself wondering if I should've announced my role and my target the day before, since there was only one scum left. Of course I didn't know scum had an unblockable kill, so I suppose that could have gone very badly for us. But if Lunch Meat hadn't claimed the exile thing the way she did, I was worried the lateness of my claim would do me in.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:51 am UTC

Good game! Most players played really well. Sorry for my lackluster play, haha. Couldn't adapt to the activity and had some troubles writing in verse. Caused me to play really lazy.

While the setup is likely the craziest I've ever played, I think that's just the nature of a game where you pick your characters. Also, way too many indies. :P

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:17 am UTC

I was rooting for town for sweet justice against the worst night kill ever exacted. I could have been on your side, mafia.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:21 am UTC

At least you died before the end SDK!!

I had you picked early, hence going for you, but I found it hard to justify anything against you. And I legitimately thought Zyth was scummy. I probably went too hard on them, but retracting wouldn't have helped me either. First time as a lyncher, it's actually quite difficult, unless your target makes a slip early.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:28 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:At least you died before the end SDK!!

I had you picked early, hence going for you, but I found it hard to justify anything against you. And I legitimately thought Zyth was scummy. I probably went too hard on them, but retracting wouldn't have helped me either. First time as a lyncher, it's actually quite difficult, unless your target makes a slip early.

:wink:

Lynchers are a bit swingy. It can be very easy or very hard depending on who you rolled as a target. But I even fakeclaimed in my second post, just for you!

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:43 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:At least you died before the end SDK!!

Well God, Heavens knows he was one of the easiest to figure out. Although I do admit I didn't put all the pieces together until you'd died.

Dear Lord.

It makes sense, in hindsight, why his flavor was so easy to guess. You had to have a relatively decent chance of being able to deduce it early on for you to have a chance.

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:33 pm UTC

Good game everyone. Thank you mpolo for modding this game. I think the roles and posting restrictions were brilliant (did dimochka/kalira have a posting restriction?) and made the game a lot of fun. The posting restrictions did make it easier to guess some of the roles (I think I guessed three of them from the first page of content) but a player's role name didn't indicate their alignment anyway. Congratulations to everyone for playing well and finding creative ways to keep to your posting restrictions (or fake your posting restrictions, I did think Gopher of Pern was King Lear). Those of you writing in verse did a spectacular job, and so did SDK and Minestrone. Lunch Meat played a great game but I think she made a mistake when she claimed to be Richard II. Freezeblade, I'm so pleased someone chose Titus Andronicus, a much under appreciated play, even if it did mean I ended up a pie. To our new players, great job scum hunting, I hope I get another opportunity to play a game with you. Thanks everyone!

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:06 pm UTC

I had some RL things come up that precluded me from participating. I did not have a post restriction, but I didn't want to say it outright because I wasn't sure whether this was unique to the mafia. Had I continued playing, I would have probably claimed not having one.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:10 pm UTC

I didn't have a post restriction (town), though I faked the hell out of one.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:17 pm UTC

By the way, my comment about "I can't really say whether it is MYLO" was referring exclusively to the publicly known double voter, since if he had survived alone with the one mafioso to scene VI, he would have been able to enforce a lynch. While that scenario was unlikely, it prevented me from saying MYLO. I suppose some of the other powers could have also saved town from a mislynch, but I was specifically referring to that one. Ah well.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:57 am UTC

mpolo wrote:By the way, my comment about "I can't really say whether it is MYLO" was referring exclusively to the publicly known double voter, since if he had survived alone with the one mafioso to scene VI, he would have been able to enforce a lynch. While that scenario was unlikely, it prevented me from saying MYLO. I suppose some of the other powers could have also saved town from a mislynch, but I was specifically referring to that one. Ah well.

:P Back where we play mylo/lylo isn't announced by the mod and it's left to the players to figure out whether it was or not. This is a nice little addition I guess. Sorry for making use of it!

Lunch Meat

Postby Lunch Meat » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:02 am UTC

mpolo wrote:By the way, my comment about "I can't really say whether it is MYLO" was referring exclusively to the publicly known double voter, since if he had survived alone with the one mafioso to scene VI, he would have been able to enforce a lynch. While that scenario was unlikely, it prevented me from saying MYLO. I suppose some of the other powers could have also saved town from a mislynch, but I was specifically referring to that one. Ah well.

Agh, I knew that, I even remembered that I would have to be careful about who to kill to make sure I didn't end up there. But somehow I forgot and claimed something stupid...I earned that loss.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:37 am UTC

Thanks for the game! It was good fun, though I think that such posting restrictions as were on this game are beyond my ken. Was disappointed I didn't get any useful information before my death, unfortunately, but congrats on town for getting through it regardless!!
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Minestrone

Postby Minestrone » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:17 pm UTC

I almost forgot to ask--moody, did you really not notice the stuff about the extension or were you deliberately trying to end the day early with your vote on DJ?

Return to “Mafia”