Discworld Mafia: Day 5: No Deadline

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
New User
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby New User » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:56 pm UTC

Oh, I just realized that BigNose is dead but can still post in the thread. Don't read any spoilers BigNose!

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby SDK » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:16 pm UTC

1. SDK
2. Madge
3. moody7277
4. kalira
5. New User
6. Minestrone
7. Freezeblade - Mafia Protection Cop/Roleblocker
8. ajh
9. Lawrencelot Town Jailer
10. wam
11. BigNose Town Watcher/Stump

Diemo, what's a protection cop?

8 alive, 5 to lynch.

I think I'm going to leave Minestrone alone for the moment...

Madge, anything to say now that we've got some flips?

kalira, do you still think wam is scum? Who is scum?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 626
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby moody7277 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:45 pm UTC

Morning speculation time. I would give more credence to SK or misaimed vig than NU's PGO hypothesis, if for no other reason than they're more common. I don't think SDK is going to get an answer to his mod question, but we can speculate until then anyway. I'd guess that protection cop would be a partial role cop especially tuned to doc and our jailor.

Nice to see my reads on LL and BN were right (town and indep respectively). Makes me feel better about some of my others. Then again, I was thinking we'd be disappointed by the fb flip, and he turns out to be one of the more dangerous scum.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby wam » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:56 pm UTC

I wasn't expecting two deaths, I can't see why a vig out there would target BN, therefore I think SK is most likely.

I will put this out there that if we do have a PGO they should claim now as otherwise we could have real issues later.

I agree with SDK would like to see more from Madge now we have more stuff to analyse.

looking ionto the wagon

Moody looks better from my POV for breaking the split of me and FB in favour of FB. Conversly Kalira's tying it up looks bad to me but the rest of her content has been reasonably townie so I'm torn.

Spoiler:
ajh wrote:
Minestrone wrote:Freezeblade has pretty low content and I'm all for lynching the lurkier types D1 since active scumminess can be hard to read with so little to go on. I don't agree with their NU vote but I don't see anything particularly scummy about it. Still, overall I find them scummy.
Huh? freezeblade's been rather active, just not content-wise. What do you mean with the 'active scumminess' part?
I don't think wam drew attention to himself as much as you say. Later you decide to listen to SDK's and New User's meta reads on him anyway. I think you're holding off on a vote despite there having been enough material.
moody, your last two posts make you look bad. You hinted at those reads earlier, though overall it feels your just going with the flow.


The post above has a hint of scum umming and ahhing about their teamate being lynched but only a hint.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby SDK » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:15 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:I'd guess that protection cop would be a partial role cop especially tuned to doc and our jailor.

Yeah, it's just a weird tack-on with a roleblocker. I guess he'd get results automatically from whoever he roleblocked? Couldn't be two separate abilities unless he was able to use both in one Night.

moody7277 wrote:Nice to see my reads on LL and BN were right (town and indep respectively).

Uh, BigNose was town...

wam wrote:I wasn't expecting two deaths, I can't see why a vig out there would target BN, therefore I think SK is most likely.

Why couldn't the vig target Lawrencelot?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby wam » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:26 pm UTC

@SDK

Thats what I get for posting when im really tired. sentance was meant to say "I wasn't expecting two deaths, I can't see why a vig out there would target BN or LL, therefore I think SK is most likely."
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby wam » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:29 pm UTC

Also

Is that deadline tomorrow or a week tomorrow?
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby SDK » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:31 pm UTC

Hoo, boy. Slips vs. meta... Now I need to reread.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby Diemo » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:52 pm UTC

wam wrote:Is that deadline tomorrow or a week tomorrow?


Friday Week.


SDK wrote:Diemo, what's a protection cop?

No Comment
Last edited by Diemo on Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:17 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
Minestrone
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby Minestrone » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:14 pm UTC

BigNose has a pretty neat power. I wonder if they got results from last night that they can share with us, or if it didn't go through because they "died." It would have been cool had they survived longer because they wouldn't even have to claim to get all their info out there, they could just give all their results after death, and be completely believable because they already flipped. As far as the two deaths, I think it'd be safest to hedge our bets and play as if there's an SK out there until proven otherwise. If there turns out to be a vig or something weirder instead then all the better.

wam's slip is definitely scummy. Even if it's a typo and not a mental slip it seems like one that scum would be more likely to make than town. Not a sure thing though and they did start the wagon on freezeblade, not that that's a sure thing either.

Kalira isn't looking too great for the tying the votes thing. I'd like to hear what they have to say for themselves about that.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby Madge » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:42 am UTC

Sorry I didn't make any sort of decent post yesterday. I'll try to atone for it in the coming days.

So I've started a d1 re-read.

Unfortunately I think I'm coming down with something so I've stopped reading at Kalira's monster post near the bottom of p3 because I was like "yeah.... no". I hope to pick it back up in an hour or so but in the mean time I'll put this in.

I am going to do that thing where I give a play by play of everything that has happened and my commentary so that way I can make sure I keep things straight (supporting evidence: while I started trying to write this post up I ended up getting thrown into a conversation with workmates, so if I'd been doing an analysis I would have surely lost my train of thought.)

Dead: Lawrencelot, town; BigNose, town; freezeblade, scum

Spoiler:
SDK opens by voting freezeblade for random reason. Neutral.
NU setup spec. neutral.
Wam setup spec, random vote SDK
SDK setup spec
BN setup spec, votes mod
FB setup spec(rejects 7-4 as too scum balanced, proposes 7-3-1)
SDK says 7-3-1 would not have an SK for balance reasons. insightful but neutral.
NU says SK is possible, proposes 8-2-1 or bulletproof/etc. a bit scummy now we know we probably have SK
SDK agrees. pokes BN. neutral.
FB explains BN's mod vote
moody setup spec
minestrone likes SDK because SDK will be investigated. votes BN. neutral.
LL votes SDK for asking to be copped. FoS NU for giving role examples. Commentary on wam's vote on SDK.
SDK says LL is town. Minestrone is scum. Neutral/slightly scummy for no justifaction for minestrone
wam agrees with minestrone votes BN, asks SDK for justification. townie. (this is where I probably got my wam = townie thought)
SDK dodges question
BN criticises minestrone's weak reasoning to vote BN and wam's weaker reasoning to sheep minestrone, gives some role spec. (scummy but BN is town so proof my reads are not good???)
SDK dodges question
FB defends SDK (scummy for SDK!!!)
Madge makes an extremely good post (ha!), and thinks BN isn't scummy (so past Madge is a better scumhunter than me)
LL doesn't like SDK
SDK asks LL about minestrone and BN and still doesn't justify minestrone vote
LL likes BN but is unsure of minestrone
~~mod madness interlude~~
NU hesitant to vote because nothing has happened yet
Moody has opinions on everyone, all seem well-founded. townie
ajh quick two lines agreeing with moody, scummy wam townie LL, scummy BN. scummy
FB comment on mod madness
BN does a report card for everyone. Gives LL town, wam scum
SDK still hasn't said why he suspects minestrone but is wondering what BN wants to know, which I assume is the thing I just said
~~Madness over~~
SDK demands to know what BN wants, demands Mine post, everyone else vote
Moody votes wam
BN slams SDK for not justifying reads
NU declines to vote due to lack of content, says they would vote for wam for the vote on BN
wam doesn't remember why voted for BN, unvote. slams NU. Likes BN. Doesn't like FB
FB demands SDK justify reasoning. Cynical guess as to reasoning.
FB just says he doesn't like SDK
Minestrone dosen't like wam, says her BN vote was just to get things moving
AJH dislikes madge (OMGUS), dislikes FB, dislikes NU, moody, wam. Forgot own opinion on minestrone. scummy.
Moody doesn't like AJH's post basically for the reasons I don't
AJH gives an iffy response
SDK likes ajh, moody. dslikes wam. Likes LL's writing style. Finally answers minestrone question: doesn't like minestrone for ignoring him.
LL wants to lynch wam but doesn't like SDK either
AJH votes minestrone
NU doesn't like FB speaking for others. Approves SDK for scumhunting, thinks the minestrone/wam/bignose thing is moot. votes AJH
Wam posts reads. townie.
Minestrone doesn't like NU's defense of wam, thinks wam is jester (?), proposes wam get vigged maybe.
Kalira doesn't like wam wagon, asks minestrone for clarification
minestrone clarifies.
SDK defends wam as town all of a sudden(!), doesn't like minestrone or madge. scummy
NU wants SDK to justify read on minsterone
SDK gives wishy-washy justification.
minestrone also gives justification
AJH says minestone-nu scumteam possibility(??), waiting for wagon
LL presciently predicts he won't survive the night. Likes AJH and moody, dislikes NU, Madge; dislikes minestrone if wam is scum. Likes Kalira
NU doesn't want to vote wam but does't care if he's lynched
wam doesn't like minestrone madge or FB
NU agrees with wam to vote FB
Kalira big post. makes good point against SDK
SDK justifies by saying he has a tell on wam
moody doesn't like ajh, fb, madge, minestrone or SDK; likes BN, kalira, LL, NU
FB likes moody, thinks NU is scummy
BN - doesn't like Madge, FB, NU; votes FB
NU explains why "scummy players know better than to act scummy", explains why wam was being silly rather than scummy with BN vote
SDK asks p0eople to elaborate on things. likes FB lynch, puts it to L-2. townie.
FB attacks SDK a bit. looks better for SDK.
AJH gives wishy-washy post votes me
Kalira giant post will read later.



After all that, I like wam and moody, dislike ajh and SDK. I think I also like NU.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby SDK » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:07 pm UTC

I'm pretty torn on wam.

He's scum because
- His vote on BigNose looks a little worse now that BigNose has flipped town.
- That slip was pretty brutal, and is something I've seen from scum multiple times before. They blame an extra kill on an SK or on some other game mechanic, forgetting that town wouldn't know which kill was which. In this case, Lawrencelot would have been the mafia nightkill target.
- Following my mention of his slip, wam posts in GoJoe instead of posting here.

He's town because
wam wrote:Freezeblade's posts are a bit chatty without actually saying anything, if I had to put a vote it would be there but I don't think it is enough to warrent one, sorry SDK

wam wrote:@moody what is your view on freezeblade?

- While his vote on freezeblade could have been bussing if you take that post alone, the way he talks about freezeblade in these two quotes leads me to believe he's not freezeblade's buddy.
- My meta tell
- Other meta: he's posting more content than I'd expect from scumwam

Typing that out, I guess I'm still leaning towards town.

Looking at freezeblade, his interactions don't shed a whole lot of light on wam. I expected they would, but this post is the only time wam is mentioned, and while freezeblade could have thrown that in there as support for a town wagon, it also looks a lot like easy scum distancing.

Otherwise, his only interactions are basically with me and New User, and a little bit with BigNose and moody. Judging by those interactions, it looks like we're all town. How happy.

As an aside, Madge, is this the post where you say freezeblade is defending me? Pretty sure he's making fun of me. :roll: I'll wait until you're done your reread to start grilling you, but please include a brief reasoning for each player you have a decent read on when you finally conclude.


I think this is the part where I vote kalira. Right? Right.

Vote kalira.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
New User
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby New User » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:25 pm UTC

Madge wrote:NU says SK is possible, proposes 8-2-1 or bulletproof/etc. a bit scummy now we know we probably have SK

Really? I would think that it would make SDK look a bit scummy since he was the one trying to downplay the existence of a serial killer. My post there was pointing out that it's silly to disregard the existence of a threat when there are so many possibilities that a SK could exist.

Also, SDK's analysis of wam is flawed, or at least incomplete. SDK seems to fail to regard wam's "slip up" as a Serial Killer slip up. If wam was a serial killer, he could have feigned surprise at two night kills, regardless of whether he killed BigNose or Lawrencelot. If he killed one, he would have known the mafia killed the other.

ajh
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 3:26 pm UTC

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby ajh » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:31 pm UTC

Madge wrote:(heavily edited to stuff I don't see or disagree with)
*fluff*
Spoiler:
wam agrees with minestrone votes BN, asks SDK for justification. townie. (this is where I probably got my wam = townie thought)
BN criticises minestrone's weak reasoning to vote BN and wam's weaker reasoning to sheep minestrone, gives some role spec. (scummy but BN is town so proof my reads are not good???)
AJH dislikes madge (OMGUS), dislikes FB, dislikes NU, moody, wam. Forgot own opinion on minestrone. scummy.
Moody doesn't like AJH's post basically for the reasons I don't
AJH gives an iffy response
Wam posts reads. townie.
After all that, I like wam and moody, dislike ajh and SDK.

moody being satisfied with freezeblade flipping scum sounds like he has extra info. Same with their rolespec: Gow did you know Diemo's response?
SDK, what are you doing? Holding off on Minestrone and voting for kalira without any explanation?

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 626
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby moody7277 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:58 pm UTC

New User wrote:Also, SDK's analysis of wam is flawed, or at least incomplete. SDK seems to fail to regard wam's "slip up" as a Serial Killer slip up. If wam was a serial killer, he could have feigned surprise at two night kills, regardless of whether he killed BigNose or Lawrencelot. If he killed one, he would have known the mafia killed the other.


This bit here mirrors my conclusion as I was reading SDK's analysis. SK's motives partially go along with town's insofar as they want scum gone so they control the only kill, which would explain wam's actions against fb.

ajh wrote:moody being satisfied with freezeblade flipping scum sounds like he has extra info. Same with their rolespec: Gow did you know Diemo's response?


a. Me being happy that fb flipped scum is just that we have one less scum to deal with instead of what I wrongly suspected would be a mislynch. b. The question that SDK asked Diemo sounded like the kind of too specific detail of setup that mods usually say "No Comment" about.

Vote: ajh
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby SDK » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:04 pm UTC

New User wrote:Also, SDK's analysis of wam is flawed, or at least incomplete. SDK seems to fail to regard wam's "slip up" as a Serial Killer slip up. If wam was a serial killer, he could have feigned surprise at two night kills, regardless of whether he killed BigNose or Lawrencelot. If he killed one, he would have known the mafia killed the other.

If wam is a serial killer, this was not a slip. I agree that a serial killer could have feigned surprise, but there would have been no confusion over who the other kill should be attributed to. Unless this is a really bad slip where wam attributes his own SK kill to the SK, but I can't believe that would happen accidentally. It's only a slip if wam killed Lawrencelot so he would have known that the BigNose kill was the odd-one-out (which wouldn't be odd at all if SKwam killed Lawrencelot). Does that make sense?

ajh wrote:SDK, what are you doing? Holding off on Minestrone and voting for kalira without any explanation?

I'm holding off on Minestrone thanks primarily to this post where Minestrone both feels pretty townie and seals the freezeblade lynch by unvoting wam. With kalira and Madge still around for questioning, I'm happy to watch Minestrone for now.

I'm voting for kalira to add pressure to her response since she's delayed getting involved today. She is my strongest scum read for a few reasons that I will detail after getting a post or two from her today.

ajh, who do you think is scum?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby BigNose » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:18 pm UTC

Well thanks for the attempt, who ever it was.
Ain't read spoilers, so still in the game and unkillable.

Yes I am Town, although the character would be considered Indy.

I targeted Madge last night, but got no result.

I have no vote, but if we get 1 more Scum, the game is ours!
Cos 1 Scum + 1 Indy + 1 Unkillable Town, makes me the kingmaker and Town a winner
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
New User
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby New User » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:22 pm UTC

I don't think that math works since you can't vote.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby wam » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:55 pm UTC

Dont think you can vote - nijad by NU

I am aso interested in kalira content

madge seem to be trying to catch up so im willin to wait.

Also busy all weekend henc th bad spelling on this post from my tablet

@sdk conventially we dont use any gojoe posts in game, a it might stop people from posting.

But whilst you mention the gojoe post was 6min after
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby BigNose » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:06 pm UTC

True, I can't vote, but if they vote me, nothing happens, they can't NK me, so it's down to the Scum NKing the Indy, leaving me and Scum.
Scum can't win by Vote, can't win by NK.
Town cannot win by NK, but if Scum don't vote, a tie is RANDOMED.


YAY, Town win.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

ajh
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 3:26 pm UTC

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby ajh » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:17 pm UTC

moody, you sounded like you thought freezeblade was town.
Suspicious if you're voting for me just over that, but ok.
BigNose is conventionally dead but can still talk? Like, out of game but not mute?

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby SDK » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:20 pm UTC

BigNose is basically out of the game, yeah. That also goes by the name Tree Stump on the other sites I've played on. Unless Diemo is a really weird mod, this won't work as BigNose hopes. He's dead. Still a big advantage to have a confirmed town voice, but he's not going to give us the win.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby SDK » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:21 pm UTC

Also, answer my question please, ajh.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

ajh
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 3:26 pm UTC

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby ajh » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:32 pm UTC

Ah, yeah. I noticed that...
Madge, basically. Shall I elaborate?
Not sure about the rest.

I need to eat now.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 626
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby moody7277 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:51 pm UTC

ajh wrote:moody, you sounded like you thought freezeblade was town.


The specific phrase I used was wouldn't have been surprised if fb had flipped town. At the time kalira tied the vote between fb and wam, which would have resulted in a coin flip deciding which of the two got lynched, my opinion of wam was on a more townie trajectory, so I unvoted to let fb get lynched. Right now, my two scummiest are you and, until I hear something from her, kalira.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby Madge » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:06 am UTC

BN - you got no result on me entirely because of my power. I originally typed up my full role details but have decided to leave it out since I don't want to give scum info, but if people want I'm happy to full claim.

MORE RE-READ, THIS TIME WITH NO FLUFF TONS OF FLUFF SORRY IT JUST HAPPENED THAT WAY (except for that stuff in caps... and this aside... and all the stuff I added because I can't seem to post without fluff I'm sorry)
Spoiler:
OK I lied here's a little bit more fluff: Kalira's "monster post" only really looked monstrous on my work PC, due to a combination of a non-widescreen monitor and my health flagging (though I feel fine today so I think I'm just allergic to work???), on my home PC it looks like a perfectly manageable length.

ANYWAY

More fluff: I only have 10 minutes to do this post when I thought I had longer so this will be a quickie but hopefully round out at least p3 if not d1.

Kalira: makes a good post; and some more fluff: trust me I really intended to make a proper post that day but my boss literally called me into his office as I started my first few words of apology for not doing it sooner. I did technically have like an hour in the afternoon I could have done the post but after the hectic day at work I wanted to 'properly' relax rather than analyse mafia.
SDK: small post neutral
Minestrone: good post, nothing bad in it, nothing great in it
moody: votes me so therefore awful post, but seriously it's actually a decent post of me for lurking so ok
sdk points out deadline
wam asks moody for opinion on freezeblade which is towny as said earlier today
moody gives wishy-washy response on opinion on FB but that's pretty standard though slightly scummy nonetheless
AJH makes another short post but I actually like it somehow

~~~ D2~~~

NU: quick post declaring NU and SDK townie and congratulating voters

anyway that's the end of p3 I will do p4 when I get a sec


Question for bignose: why *didn't* you investigate SDK? Too late now, but I was hoping we'd have a result; also I was trying to softclaim cop to draw the kill, but, well, my scummy d1 didn't help me with that.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Minestrone
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby Minestrone » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:31 pm UTC

Madge wrote:I don't want to give scum info

Why'd you mention this at all then? If you didn't say anything we would've just assumed the lack of result was because they died, so this half-claim seems unnecessary.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby Madge » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:38 pm UTC

I gotta admit I didn't think of that! Damnit.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
New User
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby New User » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:38 am UTC

I was busy this weekend, but it looks like I didn't miss much here. I still think SDK and wam are not mafia, but either could be a serial killer. Right now I'm just going to concentrate on figuring who is Elucidated Brethren of the Ebon Night.

freezeblade didn't have much to say about anyone except SDK and myself. He did mention moody a couple of times, and called moody "towniest".

Here's what moody had to say about freezeblade:
Spoiler:
moody7277 wrote:fb- I can see how his posts could be interpreted as "contentless". The meatiest post was his 7th one, which is just confirming his opinion of SDK's meta (that we should all recognize by now).

That was when I thought freezeblade's posts were looking very scummy, but moody seems to be downplaying it.

moody broke the tie by removing his vote on wam. He then repeatedly said that wam wasn't worth lynching. He seemed a bit wishy-washy on his opinion of freezeblade, didn't vote for freezeblade, reasoning that Madge was scummier and so voted for Madge instead. But he said that he considered the ones voting for freezeblade were town.
All in all, I'd say moody would look very suspicious except for the fact that he broke the tie by unvoting. That action may outweigh his unwillingness call freezeblade scum. Still doesn't clear moody completely.
ajh's comments on freezeblade:
Spoiler:
ajh wrote:
Minestrone wrote:Freezeblade has pretty low content and I'm all for lynching the lurkier types D1 since active scumminess can be hard to read with so little to go on. I don't agree with their NU vote but I don't see anything particularly scummy about it. Still, overall I find them scummy.
Huh? freezeblade's been rather active, just not content-wise. What do you mean with the 'active scumminess' part?
I don't think wam drew attention to himself as much as you say. Later you decide to listen to SDK's and New User's meta reads on him anyway. I think you're holding off on a vote despite there having been enough material.
moody, your last two posts make you look bad. You hinted at those reads earlier, though overall it feels your just going with the flow.
It seemed quite obvious to me that freezeblade's posts lacked content. I mean, just look back at freezeblade's posts, even now. Freezeblade hardly mentions any player, never gives an opinion on a player besides SDK, myself, and moody. That's as scummy as it gets, and since freezeblade had a high volume of posts with few opinions, that's the definition of active lurkiness.
ajh seemed oblivious to the reason freezeblade was being voted. I must admit I have a hard time understanding ajh because he seems to make short posts, probably posting from a phone. I don't like that ajh said his vote was flexible and was waiting on a wagon to form, that is a scummy thing to say, but it has nothing to do with freezeblade directly.

kalira never mentioned freezeblade at all, that I can see. kalira seemed a bit argumentative with SDK, but a lot of what she had to say made sense, if long-winded (long texted?). kalira seemed to care more about wam's scumminess than anyone else's, but she did call Madge scummy. kalira then tied the votes by voting for wam.

What Minestrone said regarding freezeblade:
Spoiler:
Minestrone wrote:Unvote [wam]
I'm not super keen on meta reads because I pretty much have to take other people's word for it, but both SDK and New User seem to think that scum!wam wouldn't have done the BN vote, and nothing better than one post to criticize this late in the day is not a good lynch target. I think this is the part where I would vote FB if they weren't already at L-2.
This is what I would have said if I was about to put freezeblade at L-1. SDK also pointed to this same post as one that made him consider Minestrone town, for now. Analysis: Minestrone looks non-mafia.

And that leaves Madge. Her Day One content is minimal, she claims real-life stuff. I can't blame anyone for that reason, but it sure makes Madge hard to analyze. Would be convenient if Madge were freeze's partner.

Several players (ajh, moody, wam, maybe others) called Madge scummy during Day One. To anyone who thinks Madge was/is a scummy looking player, please point out to me a detailed analysis of why you think so. I am very neutral on Madge right now so if you want to convince me she's scum, go ahead and try.

User avatar
New User
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby New User » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:28 am UTC

I had time to read some more and I now realize that nearly everyone said that Madge looked scummy because of 1) lack of content, and 2) instruction for the cop to investigate SDK.

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby kalira » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:24 am UTC

OOG (all may read):
Spoiler:
Okay, apologies for no content yet today. Worked several hours of overtime on Friday, then had to sleep early bc had to drive to a race around dawn on Saturday, which meant I "napped" for most of Saturday after it. And of course I'm teaching this week, so I'll be out of my office most of the day this week. Awesome. Will post when I can.


Short post 'cause I gotta get ready for work.

NU: Yeah, par for the course, me with the long-windedness. Also seems to be par for the course me and SDK butting heads. I don't have time right now to go back and read what I wrote, but I don't recall saying anything about freezey -- at the time, I was more concerned with the buildup of the wagon on wam, and then watching his response to it.

As far as Madge goes, I believe most of the scumminess calling was due to her seeming to active lurk, though she did cite out-of-game influences as far as that goes.

SDK: To answer your question, I was willing to back off a little on wam based on freezey's flip, esp since he started the voting on him (though there is the chance it was bussing and he didn't expect the wagon to build up on him), until that typo/slip. I can see scum deciding to take a chance on killing Lawrence based on his "If I survive" post, hoping to hit a good power role, which could mean scum!wam slipped up implying BN was not the mafia's target.

As far as who's scum, "meta" tends to suggest the third or fourth person on the lynch tends to be scum, regardless of whether the lynch is of a town or a scum (lynches of independents maaaaybe get a pass there, I can't recall, though since as far as mafia knows they're just as likely town, they might count too). As BN's clearly not scum, you (fourth on the wagon) would seem to be suggested next. I am not sure yet, though. I'd like to go back and reread the votes to see if you were really fourth on, and I still can't separate our playstyle differences from your towniness/scumminess factor yet. You do get some townie factor added as far as I'm concerned for your initial pointing out of wam's typo/slip, for what that's worth.

I'd like to know what your reasons for thinking I'm scum are, so I can address them.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby SDK » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:44 pm UTC

Long fingered?

You did mention freezeblade at least once, when you said you could forgive him (for his lack of content, I think).

I'll case you later today, or maybe tomorrow if I run out of time.


Madge, BigNose was a watcher. Why are you insistent that he target me?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby Madge » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:51 pm UTC

Sorry, I thought bn was cop for some reason. This means we may well still have a cop which is always a good thing.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 626
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby moody7277 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

New User wrote:I had time to read some more and I now realize that nearly everyone said that Madge looked scummy because of 1) lack of content, and 2) instruction for the cop to investigate SDK.


Agreed. Madge's long analysis posts D2 have undercut one of those reasons. She may still be still be scum, but at least she's not vacuous scum (actually my opinion is of her is neutral).

NU- still looking townie.

wam- main issue D2 was his blind assumption SK did in BN. This plus how he was looking first part of D1 put him in the somewhat suspicious category.

SDK- usual high level of analysis and interesting questions. suspicion of kalira parallels the suspicions of my most town read. leaning town

Minestrone- From previous read post, I had her as slightly suspicious. D2 posts plus time have reduced that to a more neutral read.

kalira- that tieing the vote D1 is a point against her. Can't fault her on the fb content issue because I was leaning the same way. Otherwise she's looking neutral.

ajh- still haven't seen anything to move my vote off him about.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby wam » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:53 pm UTC

Good to see i didnt miss much.

Having read madge's and kalria's long posts so far, I still don't have a good read on who their suspcions are really on, both of them seem to hedge a lot.

Can we get a top 3 scum from each of you?

I see there is suspcioun being thrown at ajh so went back to look at his posts in isolation which did throw up a few questions
Spoiler:
ajh wrote:
SDK wrote:ajh, why did you vote for Minestrone?
You said previously that "My vote is actually really flexible, I'm still waiting for a wagon to form" - Exactly who's wagons would you be willing to get onto? If a wagon formed on me, would you get on it? Why or why not?
Minestrone hadn't posted all that much, there was already one vote, and I didn't want to waste my vote on Madge (my scummiest read). You're asking helpful questions, no danger there :D Maybe moody/NU, although that seems unlikely.
vote: Madge


Why in the post above is a vote for you scummiest read a waste?

I know it maybe a style thing but I struggle to work out who you are actually suspicous of. Could you do the top 3 scum thing as well?
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Minestrone
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby Minestrone » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:11 pm UTC

I see moody's untying of the vote as town, despite their stated doubts about freezeblade's scumminess, because those doubts sound to me more like healthy townie uncertainty than scum trying to weasel out of lynching freezeblade, especially when their actions specifically led to the freezeblade lynch.

I don't like kalira's recent post. The bringing up of the "meta" of scum being third or fourth on a wagon feels like a useless distraction to me. It's a rule of thumb based on the idea that scum like to go with the flow, but it's useless if you don't actually provide evidence of SDK just going with the flow with their vote. To me their vote on freezeblade seemed plenty well reasoned, and since freezeblade wasn't the only wagon out there it wasn't necessary for scum!SDK to vote freezeblade just to avoid standing out. That, along with their actions yesterday, is enough for a vote from me.

Vote: kalira

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby Madge » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:50 am UTC

You want my top 3? How about my full town to scum list instead????

TOWN
madge
nu
moody
wam
kalira
minestrone
sdk
ajh
SCUM


I notice in the initial mod post NU is listed as town killed N1 and LL is listed as alive. I'm guessing that's a typo but please confirm?

AJH is at the bottom because his meta is short posts that don't really help, and that bothers me. I know he's always like that but I still want to penalise him.

SDK is near the bottom because he's SDK, I can never read him, and he hasn't done anything that makes me nervous which in itself makes me nervous.

Minestrone and Kalira are about equal for me, they are both being fine, nothing particularly good or particularly bad. I have put kalira as townier than minestrone as I think a scum player is less likely to go AWOL than a town player, so like I said, they're about equal.

New User seems to be coming up with the most competent reads and logic, and Moody is similar, which is why they're also at the top.

As always I've put myself at the top of the list.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby Madge » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:52 am UTC

vote: ajh

Also I should add to what I said above, his responses to questions have been dismissive and not really taking them seriously.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby Diemo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:03 am UTC

Madge wrote:I notice in the initial mod post NU is listed as town killed N1 and LL is listed as alive. I'm guessing that's a typo but please confirm?


Yeah, a typo. Fixed now.

ajh wrote:BigNose is conventionally dead but can still talk? Like, out of game but not mute?


Yes.

Votals:
kalira (2) - SDK, Minestrone
ajh (2) - moody7277, Madge
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
Minestrone
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day Two: Deadline Friday 4PM GMT

Postby Minestrone » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:19 pm UTC

You make a good point about ajh Madge. I've been reluctant to outright call them scummy because I have trouble reading them, but in a way the difficulty reading them makes them more scummy just for that, especially since the trouble with reading them is that they always look scummy. I'd rather lynch kalira today but I wouldn't mind seeing an ajh lynch.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests