Hangafia - Game over - Perfect Town win.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

kalira

Re: Hangafia - Day 1. Where are we?

Postby kalira » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:40 pm UTC

Ooooooooookay a crapton of stuff has happened... I need to go back and reread the last few pages. I have not changed since the beginning of the game, and all of this swirly squirrely mess is a bit too much for 8am. Will try to make sense throughout the day and post some thoughts.

For now, could anyone who's on at the moment summarize the case on Nebu, since he appears to have a shit-ton of votes on him and I feel like that's something I need to understand posthaste?
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:49 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Oh and for some reason VectorZero is naked... Nothing we haven't seen before.[/b]

Does this mean we can identify the biological sex of VectorZero? What about distinguising marks or Tattoos?

Study Naked VectorZero Intently :shock:

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:14 pm UTC

kalira wrote:For now, could anyone who's on at the moment summarize the case on Nebu, since he appears to have a shit-ton of votes on him and I feel like that's something I need to understand posthaste?

Nebuduck was acting scummy. Then a bunch of roles changed. Then he claimed he was independent (a lie no matter what else you believe), then he claimed he was former scum turned town instead. Why would then-town Nebuduck lie about all that? Probably because he was confused and thought he might change back into scum. Even more probably because he was scum all along. Or something. Don't care. Weeeeeeeeeee!

Vote Nebuduck.

(The real reason he's getting votes is because people want something to happen so we have something concrete to talk about. He in the middle of a huge mess that I don't think we can sort out without getting more information.)
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:31 pm UTC

So, yeah, I *really* don't agree with this whole idea of "D1 obviously got screwed up so let's just quicklynch Nebu to get it over".

It does seem very likely to me that all the role changing wasn't at all planned and is due to Dr Ug accidentally posting the player list where scumbuddies were grouped together, and then he tried to obfuscate things enough that the game could still be played.

So, things got screwed up. But, there is still a lot to talk about here on D1. And the more we try to piece things together today, the easier we'll have it on future days. I'm not asking for D1 to go on forever, but I'd be totally okay with it lasting another week of real time.

I'd like a couple things to happen.

1. Could a couple of you Nebu voters kindly unvote? Or, at least nobody else vote for him for at least a couple more days?
2. Could Vytron please explain why he couldn't name his ex-scumbuddies but then went on to claim Madge was an ex-scumbuddy?

Van

Postby Van » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:56 pm UTC

Unvote

I'd like to see Carlington's take on this, since Nebuduck claimed he was previously a scumbuddy.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:06 pm UTC

One thought on the Switching. Nebu's (3) named team was positions 2-5 on the list. Vytron(6) had claimed he was leading 3 others including Madge(8) presumably Aardvarki(7) and Freezeblade(9) as well before they were switched.

Who or what then is/was Azrael001(1)? They're at the top of the list but nobody has claimed anything about them. Does that make them a super special role?
unvote
vote Azrael001

There's some 'splainin to do.

Also if all 8 scum have been switched around, does that give us 8 semi-confirmed town in a game of 26? Would Ug switch some but not others? Is Vector still naked?

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:21 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote: Would Ug switch some but not others?

Here I've been worrying that most of the folk claiming role switches are lying and forgot that those who have been switched might think I'm lying that I haven't been. It's kind of cruel on Ug's part, but I know the answer to this question is yes.

Also I am very much against MasterOfAll's opinion. I want D1 done with.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:28 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:Also if all 8 scum have been switched around, does that give us 8 semi-confirmed town in a game of 26? Would Ug switch some but not others? Is Vector still naked?

Find out next time, same bat time, same bat place?

Does Adam West act in The Hangover?
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:49 pm UTC

Madge wrote:Didn't you just say you were forbidden by the mod from outing your former scummates? So you're either lying about your entire claim, or not being able to out your former scummates, or the fact that I was one of them.

What happened is the mod bribed me to keep shut about it. Basically, if you and my other scumbuddy(s) get lynched and I get lynched I don't get $nice_thing.

But mostly, I wanted to see your reaction. It makes no sense to me that you, not knowing whether my role really changed (i.e. by my account, you were told at the beginning of the game that I was your scumbuddy, and nothing else) would want to lynch me.

It seems you really never had me as your scumbuddy, so Dr Ug just lied to mega about it, as I replaced they lied to me, and now they gave me my real role.

weiyaoli was right.

MasterOfAll wrote:It does seem very likely to me that all the role changing wasn't at all planned and is due to Dr Ug accidentally posting the player list where scumbuddies were grouped together, and then he tried to obfuscate things enough that the game could still be played.

So, things got screwed up.

No, if that was the case then Madge is scum. By her reaction (and her vote on me) I'm certain she's not mafia (she could be from some other scum faction, though), so after Dr Ug decided to "fix things" he had no reason to give me the unfixed role that he gave to mega, just to hand me then the fixed one.

No screw up happened because if it did and Dr Ug had a list of fixed roles, a replacement player like me had no reason to receive the screwed role and then be changed to the fixed one. This is proof that Dr Ug had planned everything all along.

And thus I:

Unvote

Vote: Vytron

Right now I win with town even if I die. Dying should protect me from changing alignment again. And, as I flip town it'll be revealed that everything I've said have been truthful except for those things where I've accepted that I lied to see people's reactions.

If Madge is town then Nebuduck's list of "scumbuddies" is garbage: either they're making it up, or they were told they were their scumbuddies, but it was made up by the mod, like the list I received was.

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:23 pm UTC

If Vytron is telling the truth, what he says makes a lot of sense. If he is lying (again), then we must Lynch All Liars.

Vote Vytron

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:24 pm UTC

Vytron, you're not getting lynched. Vote for Nebuduck so we can get this game over with.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:36 pm UTC

Nebu needs 4 more votes, if that gains traction again (Van is waiting for Carlington's reaction, though I assume it'll be similar to Madge's) I'll switch back.

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:14 pm UTC

I don't think we should lynch Nebu. I believe Nebu was a mafia, with the listed players, and has been switched. I believe Vytron has also been switched. From which I would conclude likely all or most of the 8 scum have been switched so 8 or nearly 8 town have been switched to scum or scumlike roles. Looking at my secondary goal and loss of cop I would suspect my role was in the team Vytron was in and that team had a mole in it.

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:15 pm UTC

And here I was, thinking that the dead body was the biggest of our problems ... in mere hours, I've heard more lies than in a sex ed course at the Catholic school.
Either you're all crazy, drunk, drugged out of your minds, or all three things altogether. Well, except that guy. He's cool.

What a clusterduck ... I need another drink.
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

Minestrone

Postby Minestrone » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:33 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:I don't think we should lynch Nebu. I believe Nebu was a mafia, with the listed players, and has been switched. I believe Vytron has also been switched. From which I would conclude likely all or most of the 8 scum have been switched so 8 or nearly 8 town have been switched to scum or scumlike roles. Looking at my secondary goal and loss of cop I would suspect my role was in the team Vytron was in and that team had a mole in it.

It's great that you beleive that, but if we lynch Nebuduck and they flip town, or town friendly indie or whatever their final claim was, we can come closer to actually knowing if that's true, and if they flip scum, then you were wrong.

Vytron wrote:Vote: Vytron

If Vytron's voting for himself again this game can't be THAT weird.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:38 pm UTC

Jar'O'Jam wrote:And here I was, thinking that the dead body was the biggest of our problems ... in mere hours, I've heard more lies than in a sex ed course at the Catholic school.

Probably fewer naked people, however.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:47 pm UTC

I'm going to stay out of the discussion as much as possible - I don't feel I have much more to add, so either I'll be lynched, or not. If anyone has any explicit questions for me, I'll happily answer them as best I can, but I'm feeling like speculating on things is going to confuse matters more.

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:14 pm UTC

I am also a proponent of lynch all liars. It's my favorite strategy after lynch all lurkers. Given the number of people who have changed roles, I don't think it's safe to assume that all people who were anti-town have switched to town. Given that earlier tells have lost relevance, I am going to

Unvote: Frogman

Vote: Vytron

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:38 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:I am also a proponent of lynch all liars.

Nebuduck is the only player who has been proven a liar, just sayin'.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:18 am UTC

At this point I'm happy for either nebuduck or Vytron to be lynched. Vytron's response to my response in particular is weird, because now all of a sudden he's super confident I'm town??? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you choose to make me your scumbuddy on ONUW because you think I'm some sort of good scum player, a scum player who could easily write a post that sounded townie, which is after all the hallmark of good scum players? Or do I have some meta that you have insight into?

Minestrone wrote:If Vytron's voting for himself again this game can't be THAT weird.

Spoiler:
(the 'big red x' is a meme on another forum I lurk on, where if someone says something you agree with, you quote their post and then add a big red 'x' underneath with no further comment to indicate you have whole-hearted, enthusiastic agreement with it but often also a bit of a cynical overtone; I would have just changed my font colour but I know that only mods may write in red, so I hope this png is well-received. Many other times when playing mafia I want to express the 'big red ecks' sentiment, and this is the first time I've done so because it was such a "big red ecks" moment for me, since this game is kind of crazy I figure people won't mind indulging me on this, though I'm considering making it part of my normal forum behaviour)
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:20 am UTC

He also seems very much like a jester. And Vytron seems very likely to be a liar. Nebuduck has a large wagon on him already, and I'm not certain I want to jump onto it so close to the hammer.

Also, I forgot to respond to Spack. His vote for me is based on the position of my initial signup. Since the scum teams were grouped, and already known (according to his theory, which to be fair, isn't a bad one) and I wasn't in any of those groups, I fail to see the reasoning, especially since everything seems to have changed since then. Even if I was some kind of super awesome super role, either I wouldn't admit to it, or it would be bad for town if I made it public, or both. I will neither confirm nor deny any allegations of roles awesome power.

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:05 am UTC

SDK wrote:Nebuduck is the only player who has been proven a liar, just sayin'.

Vytron wrote:Item C: I lied about something when i reported that my character has changed.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:34 am UTC

Madge wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you choose to make me your scumbuddy on ONUW because you think I'm some sort of good scum player, a scum player who could easily write a post that sounded townie, which is after all the hallmark of good scum players?

You wouldn't have voted for me in the first place if you were scum and we were scumbuddies, so I fully believe now the mod lied to me about you and x being my scumbuddies. The reason I'm not revealing who is x is so that they night kill me before I reveal who are they, in case I¿m wrong about all this but not lynched.

In any case, I'd like to explain some new concept that appeared while the old players were gone from xkcd mafia. It wasn't invented by me, but I've been trying to popularize it, and it has been used with success by two town players (none of them were me, though) to make town win two games:

Beer is Town's wine, like Wine In Front Of Me is used by scum players to confuse town, beer is used by town to confuse, or manipulate scum players. Beer is about lying, if you get a vanilla role and claim doctor to get nightkilled instead of the doctor, that's beer. If you claim that you're a cop and got a guilty result on some player, just because you're darn sure they're scum, that's beer. If you claim that you'll protect a given player, and protect another, so that scum will not target who you claimed to protect, and you increase your chance to save someone, that's beer. Etc.

So I used beer in this game. Lynching all liars isn't a good strategy with beer around. However, in this case, beer and wine can't be differentiated unless I die and flip town, so:

Azrael001 wrote:Vote: Vytron

Spoiler:
I will not receive badly Madge's red x but I think we can do better at memeing inventing one of our own.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:05 pm UTC

OK. I understand that there is a lot of D1 fatigue right now. But let's all try to make an effort to keep things active. There are still a number of unanswered questions. I'd really like to hear from everyone Nebu claimed was a scumbuddy of his.

And, I don't agree with Vytron's logic, at all, about anything. But also specifically about his logic regarding being a replacement player who got a role changed proving that Dr Ug planned this all along. I would like to hear some more opinions, though, on what y'all think is most likely causes of everything that's happened so far with the claims of role changes.

In totally other news, I'm completely unimpressed with Jar's complete lack of content in every post he's made. Anyone keeping track of other lurkers/posters-with-zero-content?

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:12 pm UTC

It's not fatigue. It's a loss of interest. There are just too many contradictory things being said, and we can confirm none of it. At this point, I believe it is true that some folks' roles have been altered. I believe it is true that some people have day chat. I don't necessarily believe that everyone who has claimed those things happened have had them happen. I definitely don't believe that the descriptions of anyone's role or victory condition changes are in any way accurate. I just need something concrete. The night will bring some order... I hope.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:28 pm UTC

MasterOfAll wrote:In totally other news, I'm completely unimpressed with Jar's complete lack of content in every post he's made. Anyone keeping track of other lurkers/posters-with-zero-content?

I think cycoden was pointed out as having one post that was mostly promises rather than content. JoJ is definitely the worst offender though. Perhaps some frustrated vig will do something about him? In the meantime I second quintopia's point, and reiterate my own from my previous post, that only the hard data from night actions will give us insight into the room spinning issue.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:35 pm UTC

Okay, I am a firm believer that we need to finish the day because there will be more useful information that could come up during the night. Trying to make sense of everything that happened today without having information from the night will just make the day drag on for another week and 10 pages, and we still will have gotten no more useful information, and that gives even more time for scum to spill the wine. We do not lack for information, but we do not know what information is true.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:39 pm UTC

MasterOfAll wrote:In totally other news, I'm completely unimpressed with Jar's complete lack of content in every post he's made. Anyone keeping track of other lurkers/posters-with-zero-content?

Here's a list of posts by each player.

If we sort by number of posts, we get
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

cycoden          1
Aardvarki        3
Jar'O'Jam        4
ThinkSweet       5
Carlington       5
Freezeblad       7
Azrael001        8
ConMan           8
Frogman          9
_infina_         9
SDK              9
Minestrone      10
kalira          10
ElectricHaze    10
MasterOfAll     10
madge           11
moody7277       11
weiyaoli        13
sungura         13
Vytron          17
VectorZero      18
Van             25
Nebuduck        36
quintopia       36
RoadieRich      40
SPACKlick       43

Aardvarki is on vacation, but Cycoden has offered no excuse other than "I'm still reading through the thread", posted on Sunday.

Dr Ug, would you consider replacing the player list in your first post with that under the first spoiler?
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:40 pm UTC

ebwop: Here's a list of links to the posts by each player in this thread.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:24 pm UTC

OK, it seems things have gotten even more crazy since I was last able to check in here...

The big thing is Nebuduck claiming I was on his team. I was not, or at least I was not told I was allied with him in anyway. With the way this game is going it could be possible he was told a list of players that he thought were going to be his team mates. I just don't know anymore. I find it odd that his list starts at player 2 if he is going with the list order theory of role assignment. Possibly there is a grain of truth to his claim and he shifted the list down one to implicate me, and protect Az if cycoden and carlington were to come out in support of his claim. Either way I can only tell you all what I know, which is that I have never been told I was a part of any group with Nebuduck.

As far as claims go the Nebuduck one strikes me as most suspicious. He has been jumping around from outrageous claim to outrageous claim. "I was a bandwagoner, now I have a lynch target to find." now "I was scum, and here are my scumbuddies, but I'm not scum anymore trust me." Whether or not his claims are true they are creating a lot of confusion. I think our best bet is to lynch him and try to clear some of this up.

Vote: Nebuduck
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:07 pm UTC

See, there are couple of people here in the hotel I wouldn't want to touch even with a long stick, the guy with the duck shirt being one of them. That one guy with a trippy shirt - same goes for him. What if these guys get off on pain? What if we hang one of them and what we'll get is them sporting a rigor mortis dangling right in front of our faces.
Then again, we can't just leave them be and forget that anything happened, whether they've hallucinated what their name was and who they were. Or if their baggage got mixed up - I can see that happening once, but no more than that.

Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:44 pm UTC

Okay, looks like SDK was right...

Unvote

Anyway, in case I die on the night, if Madge dies and flips town then Freezeblade is also town. For information gaining, if someone has a kill power it'll probably benefit town if it's used on me.

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:49 pm UTC

Unvote

Vote Nebuduck

I share JoJ's suspicions and worries, but I can't really see us getting hurt badly by this course.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:52 pm UTC

By my tally, that's lynch -1. Who wants to drop this hammer?
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Van

Postby Van » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:20 pm UTC

Sorry, MoA. I think the best thing to do is get some actual answers at this point, since we don't know what we can trust anymore.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:01 am UTC

woohoo!

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:49 pm UTC

I want Dr Ug to tell me I'm dead now, so I can go and read all the spoilered posts...

I REALLY want to know what's been going on.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:44 am UTC

Paging Dr Ug.

Dr Ug, please report to this thread, immediately.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:21 am UTC

First people claim Dr Ug messed up terribly and falied to fix the game, then they're hurrying them up? xkcd mafia ain't what it used to be...

Spoiler:
XD

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:09 am UTC

Sorry, I've been stuck at work, will confirm end of day tonight.
Where did my old signature go? :(

Return to “Mafia”