Hangafia - Game over - Perfect Town win.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

freezeblade

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby freezeblade » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:43 pm UTC

ElectricHaze wrote:According to the Dead Players in the opening post he was modkilled day2 for inactivity so he did have a chance to chat N1. If you could go back through the chat from N1 just to be sure there was nothing helpful there about the role that would be great.

I've gone back with a finer toothed comb, he did have a few posts:
Aardvarki wrote:Hey all. I've also been switched to town (as of nightfall), So we're what, a quasi-mason group now?

For the record, my "Inactive because of RL vacation" claim is true. I'm in Japan until 7/28. Will hopefully be much more active then. Since I'm pretty close to vanilla, I don't really have much more to add.

Aardvarki wrote:As far as I'm aware, we don't have a kill. Madge has a NK which is intended for their "i'm supposed to kill X person" target, but otherwise I don't think we have one.

If we do have a kill, I'd say we shouldn't be using it, because we clearly don't have much of an idea who to use it on. Why would we want to kill a random person? We should save it for people we have a reasonable suspicion are mafia.

there was quite a bit of conversation N1, so it was easy to miss his posts. Not much that is of use in there.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:01 pm UTC

I've gotta go. When's the deadline? Can I do this case later?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:04 pm UTC

2ish days I think?

Mod Man, can we get an update on the deadline please?
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:11 pm UTC

Unoffical Votals:

ElectricHaze - 3 - ThinkSweet, moody7277, SDK
Freezeblade - 2 - VectorZero, SPACKlick

As I'm not usually around on weekends, If it still stands here where I leave work, and the deadline is over the weekend, I will cast a defensive vote on EH. I'd rather not leave the field open for more scum manipulation.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:48 pm UTC

Votals:

Freezeblade - 2 - VectorZero, SPACKlick

8 to lynch, 4 at deadline
Deadline is Monday, ~60 hours from now.
Where did my old signature go? :(

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:59 am UTC

24 hours with no posts, only 1/3 people voting, nearly deadline? Come on people, take a stand on something.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:12 am UTC

Would be nice, but it's looking like it's going to be a bunch of people coming on to throw votes on me or freezeblade right at the deadline with no analysis or discussion, and then a sink back into inactivity until the next deadline.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:04 am UTC

freezeblade wrote:I'd rather not leave the field open for more scum manipulation.
we haven't mislynched yet, including the planned lynch of madge. What "more" are you referring to?

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:10 am UTC

Also, spaclick and I both voted for minestrone D2 and I voted for nebu D1 (although spac did vote for a lot of townies then). Seriously, what scum manipulation of the vote are you seeing?

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:03 pm UTC

I'm guessing they are trying to say the votes on them are scum manipulation to avoid the lynch on me? I can't really figure that out, the scum manipulation I'd be worried about is scum hiding in all this inactivity to hop on close to the deadline with "I'm so sorry I've been busy" and push through a lynch while hiding among the rest of the lurking.

Vote: Freezeblade

Not my preferred lynch for today, but with lack of discussion it looks like it is going to be between the two of us. This should bring it to a tie for now, and I need to head out for a few hours. I'll be back to re-evaluate later tonight in case any discussion starts up.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:45 pm UTC

If that's the case, Freezeblade is implying spacklick, you and I are on the same scum team and a non existent fourth scum member might bandwagon.

I'm happy with my vote where it is.

Van

Postby Van » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:54 pm UTC

ElectricHaze wrote:Marshall's mob: There is only one member left. It is possible they are one of our lurkers because this group lost their godfather day1 and then MoA to a self destruct mod-kill day2, and the last member might just be lurking because they have no chance to win. I'm looking at kalira/JoJ/Freezeblade/sdk as our potential last member here. It might be useful to remove this faction and cut down the number of NKs floating around.

Kingsly's mob: So far this group has only lost aardvarki due to a modkill for inactivity. Freezeblade/madge/vytron all claimed to be original members of this group, and outed aardvarki as a fourth original member shortly before he got his modkill. This leaves us with 3 Kingsly's mob left I think. Definitely want to start busting this group up, but I'm not sure if it takes priority over finishing off Marshall's mob.
I like your interpretation of MM activity, 'cause having your faction being decimated by D3 isn't exactly a motivation to keep participating. If we look at activity over time, JoJ, Freezeblade, and SDK have been consistent (as in lurking/apathetic). But, kalira was posting decently on D1, trailed off on D2, and hasn't posted at all on D3. Given that it has been more than 48 hours I am guessing kalira is due for either replacement or modkill. Regardless of that, I could definitely see this being another MoA situation, where kalira was either swapped to scum or culted and lost interest in the game. Wait and see what Dr Ug does I guess?

Also, ugh. I keep forgetting the dumbness with KM having a 4th member, which throws my earlier post off. If we assume 1 MM/3 KM/1 cult remain and are targeting town, I... I feel like we should be getting closer to LYLO/MYLO, but I'm not seeing it yet? Even if we mislynch every day, and scum kill only town, we'll have:
D3 - 15 players, 10 town 1 MM/3 KM/1? cult
D4 - 12 players, 07 town 1 MM/3 KM/1? cult
D5 - 09 players, 04 town 1 MM/3 KM/1? cult ... which still isn't a guaranteed win for KM (but it's very close)

During N2, I wanted to lynch either SPACKlick or Frogman today, but things have gone weird and that doesn't seem like such a good idea anymore. I don't think I can see public DK as a scum thing, and I kinda want to lynch SPACKlick eventually, but ideally after cult is found. Regardless, weiyaoli and I have agreed to not push the matter further for today.

Anyway. Between ElectricHaze and Freezeblade, I'll definitely vote for FB if nothing else happens. After some review, EH is reading like normal to me. I always thought he was a little scummy (tone/wording/something) when he was town, and that's all I'm seeing here. Especially this:
ConMan wrote:I think he was genuinely shocked when Nebu started outing the scum group because he didn't get his new role until later on
Agreed. Here's my interpretation of events:
Nebuduck is scum and manages to attract attention on D1
Some roles are swapped, probably including Nebuduck who went scum->scum
ElectricHaze was not in the initial roleswap
Nebuduck outs his previous scumbuddies
ElectricHaze denies the connection since he thinks he is still scum
ElectricHaze gets swapped
ElectricHaze continues to deny having been D1 scum because that puts a huge target on his head

I believe that this is the/one of the best strategies for both scum and town, which makes it kind of dumb to call it a scummy move. Further, we know that EH almost certainly changed roles - he claimed Dog on D2, which Minestrone was revealed to be when lynched that day. Given the scum ratios left, it's 3x more likely that EH would be KG than MM, and I would have expected to see someone try to defend him by now, or shift the topic. No one has. Everyone just says "Well, I'd be okay with lynching EH." The only way that'd fit is if he's the last surviving MM member, which would mean half of MM didn't change alignment. Granted, I don't know how Dr Ug handled role swaps, but my gut says he wouldn't let a scum group go practically unchanged.

tl;dr: I think EH is low hanging fruit for scum.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:57 am UTC

Less than ten hours until deadline and votes tied below a deadline lynch. Get your votes in, people.

Frogman, i see you online.

what is happening with kalira?

Van

Postby Van » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:22 am UTC

I'm idling while I do homework. Was hoping to see more discussion, an answer to the kalira question, etc.

I guess I will

Vote: Freezeblade

since, as I said, I really don't think EH is scummy.

Freezeblade does have some interesting quotes:
I'd rather not leave the field open for more scum manipulation.
in a game where out of 11 deaths, 6 have been scum, including every lynch. I've never seen a game with this high of a scum-killing rate. As VZ said, exactly what "more" manipulation is occurring?
There wasn't much talk in the Kingsley group last night, I mean it's not like we had a kill (we tried it just in case on N1, but nothing happened). Vytron acted pretty Vytron-ish being suspicious of everyone. I'm not sure if I had a kill that I would have killed him, he causes confusion and directs the conversation away from scum hunting, which is generally what scum wants.
The Vytron comment is weird, especially given that Vytron was the intersection of several chat groups. That kind of makes him an obvious choice. I don't know why, but I get kind of O.J. Simpson's "If I Did It" vibes from it. (The rest of the post is a little weird, too, but...)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:00 am UTC

So, I have been looking over the arguments on Freezeblade, and I don't have much in the way of any counterpoints. With Van being vote 4 on fb, we have a lynch. I don't see much of a reason to vote right now, as voting for EH now could cause a No-Lynch. Anyone who attempts to unvote fb without voting EH would cause a no-lynch. If anyone does something of that sort, they jump to the top of the list on who is acting scummy.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:09 am UTC

You could vote for freezeblade

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:26 am UTC

Much as I would like to hear more from freezeblade about his old mafia group (Madge distinctly referred to Aardvarki's claimed power, so I don't know why he can't at least confirm that it was mentioned in their chats), he's being pretty coy about everything and it doesn't feel like he's offerring much more to the discussion. I'm still on the fence regarding EH, so I'd like to give him one more day to help me work out what's going on there.

Vote freezeblade
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:00 am UTC

Votals:

Freezeblade - 5 - VectorZero, SPACKlick, ElectricHaze, Van, ConMan

Freezeblade has been lynched. It is now night. Deadline is Sunday night (6 days from now)

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:31 pm UTC

*cough*

ThinkSweet

Postby ThinkSweet » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:05 am UTC

You're sure taking a while to die!
</rant>

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:07 am UTC

Just a ... Little ... Tighter

Dr Ug

Re: Hangafia - Day 4 - Death of Iron Man.

Postby Dr Ug » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:50 am UTC

As god slowly recovers from the flu, everyone wakes up a bit past noon.

They quickly swarm to freezeblade's now quite cold body, and strangely he's wearing an iron suit? The blue glowy thing on his chest appears to have stopped glowing though

freezeblade was Robert Downey Junior / Iron man, Member of Marshall's Mob, Inventor, mafia

Well, not everybody. Two more people were missing. One appears to have died of sunburn after being dragged onto the roof on one of the hotel matresses (strange as this all happened at night).

Electrichaze is dead. He was Samir/Eddie, member of Kingsley's Gang, Inventor, mafia

The other dead body was locked in his room, gagged and handcuffed to a chair. Strangely the desk lamp was left shining in his face.

RoadieRich is dead, he was Teddy, doctor, town

12 players remain, 7 to lynch, 4 to lynch at deadline

weiyaoli

Re: Hangafia - Day 4 - Death of Iron Man

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:12 pm UTC

Which is correct? You put EH as being part of Marshall's mob in the OP, but as part of Kingsley's gang here.

I going to wait to claim my result from last night. Have to confirm something with the mod.
And you thought I was crazy...

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:20 pm UTC

flu brain. He's Kingsley's gang

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:25 pm UTC

what is happening with kalira? Possibly should've been replaced/mod killed yesterday?

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:29 pm UTC

This is why you vote every day people. Votes split between two scum but only 8/15 people were voting.

Waiting to hear from weiyaoli and Van about spacklick

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:40 pm UTC

So, from the flavour of the kills at night, I think freezeblade probably killed Carlington and Vytron (high powered weaponry, bolts no-one had seen before). Since all of Marshall's mob should be dead, I'm confused why there were still two night kills - given the claimed SK was culted and the vig died N1. Do you also have a NK frogman?

Possible scum roles remaining:

2 people from Kingsley's Gang?
1 possibly culted person?
whoever made that extra kill?
And you thought I was crazy...

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:53 pm UTC

Googlefu tells me Robert Downey junior was offered the part of Marshall initially; I guess that explains his inclusion.

The Samir/Eddie thing: two different characters, different films, same actor.

From flavour, dragging the mattress to the roof and getting sunburnt, something to do with the Wolfpack?

Van

Postby Van » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:01 pm UTC

This week is horrible, I have no free time. Will post Saturday (or maybe Friday if my brain is still functional).

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:09 pm UTC

Cool. Glad my scumdar still works when playing by the seat of my pants. ElectricHaze must have been killed by a vig or maybe even a second serial killer. I'm not sure what serial killer would have the motivation to make that kill though - EH was going after freezeblade and didn't seem to be pressuring anyone else.

Looking back at my previous posts, it seems ThinkSweet and SPACKlick (and possibly Van, but I think that got cleared up for some reason?) were my previous possibilities that remain alive. I'll try to devote a bit of time to this today or tomorrow.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:12 pm UTC

3 ThinkSweet townish
4 Frogman town (Tyson)
5 _infina_ (scummy, didn't vote d3)
6 Jar'O'Jam (scummy, little content recently)
7 weiyaoli (townish)
11 Van (townish)
14 SDK (towny - voted for EH, not likely to be aligned)
17 moody7277 (towny - as for SDK)
19 kalira (surely due for replacement or mod kill)
22 ConMan (town)
23 VectorZero (town)
25 SPACKlick (scummy)

I'd be happy with a lynch on infina or joj assuming kalira gets mod killed and spacklick gets somethinged by van and Wei.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:14 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote:Do you also have a NK frogman?

AFAIK, Tyson doesn't have a NK.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

frogman

Postby frogman » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:32 pm UTC

No NK for me. EH's kill does strike me as a town-aligned kill, though, although I am pretty flavor-blind. Wasn't it one of the main protagonists who took someone on a mattress to the roof in the first movie? I have seen it but remember very little.
yeah yeah yeah

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:29 pm UTC

The Wolfpack took Doug on his mattress to the roof in the first movie, and he was heavily sunburnt when they found him in the evening.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:41 pm UTC

I'm still hoping to replace kalira, waiting to hear back from the second and third potential replacements as the first did not respond

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:09 pm UTC

Inventor is quite a specific role, and both gang's inventors went to somewhat unorthodox character choices. Also, based on my scribbled notes (that currently look like I'm playing A Beautiful Mindfia instead) I think the scum groups are symmetrical - we now know that Marshall's Mob contained a godfather, an inventor, a roleblocker and a goon, and the claimed roles from the old Kingsley's Gang were godfather, inventor and roleblocker too. So we still have the Kingsley godfather and roleblocker out there.

I'd also note that we received no message from the Wedding Singer yesterday, which I would chalk up to being someone who wasn't around. I'd suspected it might be kalira before that, but now I'm pretty confident of it.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:03 pm UTC

I am burnt out on this game at this point.

On a best case scenario, there is just two anti-town left, both of which are in Kingsley's gang. Since it appears town has a kill, lynch one kill one would end the game. More likely scenario is 3-4 anti-town left, 2 are Kingsley's gang, 1 cult member, and an unlikely but potential anti-town independent. This leaves around 7-8 potential town. If you count you will notice I am one short. That would be me, pro-town independent.

At this point, where I can get all of my remaining wins without being required to survive, I am going to go to complete gut feeling this.

Vote SDK
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:26 pm UTC

vote: jar o jam

Infina, SDK voted for EH immediately after madge was day killed. EH had two votes on, SPACKLICK had one. It's not likely that SDK was aligned with EH. JoJ, however, immediately accused SDK of being scummy for bandwagoning just to get a lynch- in this game, that's probably fine.

Tl;dr JoJ more likely to be Kingsley than SDK.

Wei, Van, SPACKLick: can anyone please explain what the hell was going on yesterday?

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:46 pm UTC

BTW, infina, are you Jade?

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:38 am UTC

VectorZero wrote:BTW, infina, are you Jade?

Yes, I am.

As a side note, I am visiting family this weekend, and will have limited time for posting.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Return to “Mafia”