Hangafia - Game over - Perfect Town win.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

VectorZero

Re: Hangafia - Day 4 - Death of Iron Man

Postby VectorZero » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:46 pm UTC

Btw, what do people think of a massclaim and, if you think we should, when should we do so?
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

ThinkSweet

Postby ThinkSweet » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:58 pm UTC

So wow, claims!

I looked at Madge's posts from Day 3 and I didn't see her biased towards anyone so that was not much help. Most of her posts were defending her role as it was progressively outed by Vytron's chat buddies.

Van was under suspicion D2 and Az said twice that he didn't agree with it. Van also didn't immediately out Madge D3 (reason given that she thought Vytron might have been a lyncher for her), and didn't actually vote for her (in one post briefly followed by an immediate unvote in the same post!). And if SPACK was going to be talking to Van, he would have copped her and his role is one that could be a mole. So I find SPACK's claim plausible, but not exactly convincing. I know two moles is unlikely, but in the second film, Samir was an undercover cop also so that could lean towards SPACK being straight mafia.

If you find it unlikely that a mafia member would mention as suspicious and vote for a fellow team member two days in a row, then the remaining mafia member basically has to be J'O'J. So it's then down to which of them to lynch. And I was leaning J'O'J just in case SPACK could be useful to Town but we really can't ever really trust SPACK. In fact I think he might possibly be more useful dead than alive if the Cult recruit died with Az - if he dies and is a mole then we know Van is probably cult. The downside is if the cult could still recruit and we've killed an actual town allied, Mafia mole, Cult detector. But just writing that down makes the role seem so very unlikely... Holding my vote pending more thought and any further developments, but I'll pick by Thursday because I agree with VZ on the people not voting issue.

Ninja'd
I need to think on a massclaim also. The main issue is that I can't see it helping to find cult because they have a 100% true townie role to claim.
</rant>

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:03 pm UTC

Hypothesis/Theory/WAG: SPACKlick used an invention to fake cult cop.

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:13 pm UTC

Well, I honestly don't know what I can do with my role at this point.
As you might have noticed, I haven't voted on day 2 or day 3. The role I got during N1 has the following power - whoever I will vote for will not be lynched if the majority is reached.
I'm aligned town and my win condition is to save a townie from a lynch.
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:11 pm UTC

Well, you could give us some thoughts on who is scummy. Definitely scum between you, moody, SDK.

ThinkSweet

Postby ThinkSweet » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:54 pm UTC

Very convenient claim for J'O'J... Possible I suppose but not convincing me yet. I think I'd need a role name to confirm flavour.

SPACK, how bout you explain your choice of targets for the previous two nights? And if your role was vytrons why do you think he wouldn't have told us cult was around, something Town would really want to know as early as possible?
</rant>

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:31 pm UTC

VectorZero wrote:Btw, what do people think of a massclaim and, if you think we should, when should we do so?

I think we're getting down to the number of players where this could be clarifying. Start of D5 would be perfect, although if people wanted to do so before we lynch today I wouldn't resist.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Van

Postby Van » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:47 pm UTC

ThinkSweet wrote:Van was under suspicion D2 and Az said twice that he didn't agree with it. Van also didn't immediately out Madge D3 (reason given that she thought Vytron might have been a lyncher for her), and didn't actually vote for her (in one post briefly followed by an immediate unvote in the same post!). And if SPACK was going to be talking to Van, he would have copped her and his role is one that could be a mole. So I find SPACK's claim plausible, but not exactly convincing. I know two moles is unlikely, but in the second film, Samir was an undercover cop also so that could lean towards SPACK being straight mafia.
In my defense, I think that was a pretty reasonable way of dealing with it. As I (and some other people) said, it made no sense that Vytron would know so much. I still don't really understand wtf he got all his info from, but that's neither here nor there. Also, I unvoted Madge while saying "We're lynching her today, but let's talk first" and then Frogman saved us the trouble with a DK.

Jar'O'Jam wrote:Well, I honestly don't know what I can do with my role at this point.
As you might have noticed, I haven't voted on day 2 or day 3. The role I got during N1 has the following power - whoever I will vote for will not be lynched if the majority is reached.
I'm aligned town and my win condition is to save a townie from a lynch.
This is ridiculously specific. Moreso than having a role name, if this is actually a thing, the previous holder of this role should be able to come forward?
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

Van

Postby Van » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:49 pm UTC

EBWOP: I realized this right as I hit submit: JoJ's previous role could have originally belonged to someone who is now dead. Nevermind, roleclaim it is!
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:09 pm UTC

Welcome back to the game, JoJ! And thanks for posting not-in-flavour, it does make things a little easier to read.

That said, it's definitely a tough claim to swallow. I mean, it sounds like a decent role, and it wouldn't be too far-fetched given the other roles that have shown up, but at this stage there are very few people who didn't give some kind of claim of their original role, and none of them mentioned anything about messing up voting. Unfortunately, just about all the people who said nothing about their original roles are now dead, meaning that info is now lost to the ether. So no, I'm not really ready to believe that claim.

Still, SPACKlick's claim seems to be the most extraordinary. Probably because I much prefer to believe that the mafias were built symmetrically (although the question is, in a game like this why would I want to believe something so simple?), but also because it feels a bit like SPACKlick is floundering for a safeclaim at this point.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:05 am UTC

vote: SPACKlick

Everyone's had a chance to speak, I don't think anything is going to change my mind in the next 48 hours and I'm tied up with work.

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:30 am UTC

ThinkSweet wrote:Very convenient claim for J'O'J... Possible I suppose but not convincing me yet. I think I'd need a role name to confirm flavour.

SPACK, how bout you explain your choice of targets for the previous two nights? And if your role was vytrons why do you think he wouldn't have told us cult was around, something Town would really want to know as early as possible?

The role didn't say chow was cult, it just said to find chow.

I targeted ElectricHaze because of Something they said in private chat.
I targeted vytron because he was suspicious as hell.
I targeted Van because I didn't want to accidentally daychat a cultist.

Dr Ug has said I can point to my breadcrumbs now. Wei, I didn't avoid putting my role out there, I did what I could.
SPACKlick wrote:Wei, if you flavour copped me, stop being a git, aim at hangover wiki, find my character, work out why I'm keeping my mouth shut
Anagram: Giamatti - Played Kingsley
SPACKlick wrote:To Van and wei, if you're unsure what you've got, try asking me questions and I'll reveal what I can. I've already put some information out there but triple no on giving a role name. I'm sure some of you could work it out with a contrived role prune from earlier lists and hopefully you could also work out why it's worth keeping shtum.
Anagram: Interpol and Undercover Interpol

It seems I've got a bit more freedom now I'm outed. I'm think my role might mean my "scum partner" can't kill me. I would imagine with me having been fully outed they won't talk to me at night now.

If I had to guess on RoadieRich's death I'd say He was very talkative and talkative helps town and also he was one of the people I personally suspected of having a doctor/role blocker role.

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:03 pm UTC

SPACK, you didn't answer my previous questions. If you can't answer those, at least tell me who you think the remaining members of the mafia might be. You know, based on behaviour.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:20 pm UTC

I targeted ElectricHaze because of Something they said in private chat.
you targeted EH N1? you targeted one of your own gang members because you thought they were someone else?!

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:06 pm UTC

Starting from Day 2...

Player List
Spoiler:
Alive Day 4 (11)
ThinkSweet
Frogman
_infina_
Jar'O'Jam
weiyaoli
Van
SDK
moody7277
ConMan
VectorZero
SPACKlick

Dead
Nebuduck - Lynched day 1 - Marshall, Godfather, Marshall's mob, mafia
MasterOfAll - suicide (modkill) day 2 - Black Doug, roleblocker, Marshall's mob, mafia
Minestrone - Lynch day 2 - Dog, Marshall's Mob, mafia
Freezeblade - lynch day 3 - Robert Downey Junior, Marshall's Mob, Inventor, mafia

Aardvarki - modkill day 2 for inactivity - Smoking Monkey, Kingsley's Gang, mafia
ElectricHaze - night kill night 3 - Samir/Eddie, Kingsley's gang, Inventor, mafia

Azrael001 - night kill night 2 - Chow, Leader Chow's Cult, cult, scum
Madge - public daykill day 3 - Michelle, previously SK, member Chow's Cult, cult, scum

Carlington - Night kill night 1 - Tiger, vigilante, town
quintopia - Night kill night 1 - Fat Taser kid, roleblocker, lyncher for Alan, town
cycoden - modkill day 2 for inactivity - Phil, Wolfpack, town mason
Murrin - modkill day 2 for inactivity - Officer Franklin, town mason cop
Vytron - night kill night 2 - Stu, wolfpack, town mason
RoadieRich - night kill night 3 - Teddy, doctor, town
kalira - modkill day 4 for inactivity - The Wedding Singer, flavour poster, town

(Just a quick note, I said before that I figured EH had been killed by a vig. Seems the town vig is already dead, unless we have more than one. But back to the read!)

Vytron's grilling of SPACKlick was actually pretty solid.

ThinkSweet/SPACKlick scumteam? (Unlikely based on rest of read)

ThinkSweet's post feels scummy.

So... According to SPACKlick, Kingsley's gang only has three real members. We had a vig in Carlington. If SPACK is town, frogman's daykill is under question since that would be a nice balance to the loss of a mafia member. (Or maybe not, since SPACKlick is scum based on further reading)

SPACKlick wrote:I don't have a strong sense on anyone at the moment.

This is scum talking, not somone who knows one full scum team. Linking the post as well because his interactions with Van in the same bother me.

More scumspeak from SPACKlick, defending EH in the scummiest way possible along with some scummy vibes in his own defense.

Oh yeah, weiyaoli outs SPACK's role. Forgot about that.

moody might be the last cult member. Happy enough with him as town in the meantime, but he should be lynched once we get everyone else (if the game hasn't ended yet). Talks too much about the cult again here.

SPACKlick wrote:... I'm a Faction Cop. I can tell if someone is Chow or not ... Vytron wasn't Chow Aligned night 2... Madge: ...you mentioned yesterday that you thought there might be a cult...I've got my eye on you but I'm not confident about it.
SPACKlick is almost certainly lying about his Chow cop ability. Why didn't you target Madge Night 2, SPACK?

ThinkSweet's three player anaysis is pretty weak for Madge and freezeblade, and much stronger for ElectricHaze (including a couple new points). The weakness feels scummy, but the focus on EH is good. While it's common for a scum player to throw a buddy into a list of three, it's very uncommon to see the buddy come out strongly on top (though no vote was cast here, it's pretty obviously a strongish read).

Another SPACK post. ThinkSweet is definitely not a scum buddy with SPACK. SPACK is definitely covering for a scum buddy in ElectricHaze, not an insider who knows he's scum.

SPACK defends EH again, explicitly trying to get the ThinkSweet wagon to overtake the EH wagon and even more explicitly expecting a Kingsley flip from ThinkSweet!

frogman punches Madge, but I don't like his talk (or lack of talk) regarding the EH wagon in this post or the next.

Dr Ug wrote:Votals:

Freezeblade - 5 - VectorZero, SPACKlick, ElectricHaze, Van, ConMan
ElectricHaze - 3 - ThinkSweet, moody7277, SDK

Freezeblade has been lynched. It is now night. Deadline is Sunday night (6 days from now)

I am suspicious of Van and ConMan based exclusively on these votals. SPACKlick successfully derailed the EH wagon to freezeblade (again proving that he wants to keep his scummates alive). He probably needed help to make that happen.

Then we're into Day 4 where some stuff happened. SPACK went after Van as the Cult member, which could very easily be a bus. Otherwise... we've got a pretty solid town block going here.

VectorZero - town
moody7277 - town prior, could be cult
ThinkSweet - town
weiyaoli - town (especially if SPACK flips scum)
ConMan - probably town
Jar'O'Jam - not sure
_infina_ - not sure
Frogman - not sure
Van - cult if SPACK flips town, maybe scum if SPACK flips scum
SPACKlick - scum

Vote SPACKlick

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:35 pm UTC

Deadline tomorrow. Did I kill the thread with some actual analysis? Sorry about that. Won't happen again, I promise. Yep, short, seat-of-the-pants posting for me from now on. :oops:

Van

Postby Van » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:24 pm UTC

I am busy dying under a mountain of organic chemistry and physics homework. There's a reason I dropped out of Cavemafia :( Sorry! I should have a bit of free time tomorrow evening, which I think is still before the deadline.

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:17 pm UTC

I guess we can welcome SDK back to the game as well, at least with the analysis he has put forth he's no longer just blindly bandwagoning. I still don't know if I can trust him.

And while I know it's counter-productive, I'm inclined to prove my claim, so I'm Voting: SPACKlick.
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:18 pm UTC

Uh, no, bad idea. If you're actually town, you know that's only your secondary win condition. You are hurting your primary right now. SPACK is scum, 100%.

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:19 pm UTC

Basically, unvote or I will lynch you instead. Your choice.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:03 pm UTC

unvote
Vote: jar 'o' jam

Ok, he's been my second scum candidate all day anyway.

ThinkSweet

Postby ThinkSweet » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:37 am UTC

Jar'O'Jam, you won't prove anything because its equally as likely that your power is to save one of your scumbuddies, it won't prove either of you are or aren't town!

I was leaning towards you all day anyway so
vote: Jar'O'Jam

Just in case we actually can't lynch Spack now.
</rant>

Dr Ug

Re: Hangafia - Night 4 - Death of Iron Man

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:50 am UTC

Votals:

SDK - 1 (_infina_)
SPACKlick - 4 (weiyaoli, Van, frogman, SDK)
Jar'O'Jam - 2 (Vectorzero, Thinksweet)

SPACKlick has been lynched. It is now night.
Where did my old signature go? :(

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:30 am UTC

deadline for night?

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:01 am UTC

Night Deadline is in 4 days - Wednesday

Dr Ug

Re: Hangafia - Day 5 - I thought he looked like a Carlos too

Postby Dr Ug » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:59 am UTC

Everyone awakes to inspect the carnage of the evening and night. The dead body of a phony cop, and a coke snorting baby surprises everybody

SPACKlick was Kingsley, godfather of Kingsley's Gang, mafia.
Van is dead. She was Carlos, previously town communicator, recruit of Chow's Cult.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:00 am UTC

Well, I am now full town...
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

SDK

Postby SDK » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:31 am UTC

Well that went well. Time to lynch JoJ? Any explanation for your lie there?

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:41 am UTC

vote: jar o jam

Claim now.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:42 am UTC

Vote: JoJ

Will claim my result after JoJ posts.
And you thought I was crazy...

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:58 pm UTC

I told you what my role was yesterday.
And I genuinely didn't know how else to prove who I was, besides voting for SPACKlick yesterday - I know I'd most likely be forfeiting my main win condition, but I do have the secondary one, which is to simply stay alive with the town.

Not that the whole thing mattered, since my vote wasn't even counted for some reason, at least this wasn't part of the "Room Spinning" PM I got from Dr Ug.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:39 pm UTC

You've been extremely cagey and you haven't claimed a name. If you are town, full claim now please.

SDK

Postby SDK » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:51 pm UTC

That explanation was terrible. Your focus wasn't even on what should have been the most surprising thing - that your vote wasn't counted.

Vote Jar'O'Jam.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:07 pm UTC

I missed your vote because you didn't put it bolded on a new line (as per the rules). Apologies.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:36 am UTC

To be honest, at worst for us, you are a vague town aligned independent. At this stage from your behaviour, I'm pretty sure you are scum.
And you thought I was crazy...

SDK

Postby SDK » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:40 am UTC

Well that's awkward. Guess we'll talk for a bit in that case. Probably still lynching you though.

Unvote.

JoJ, why did you think it was more important to prove your role than to lynch scum? If you thought SPACK was town, who would you have rather lynched? Who would you like to lynch today?

pedit: Yeah, pretty much.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:53 am UTC

I definitely want to hear JoJ's answers to SDK's questions, so I'm not voting yet, but I am definitely on board this particular bandwagon. Unfortunately, Dr Ug will almost certainly not let us know whether yesterday's lynch should have been affected by JoJ's vote, so we can't confirm or deny his ability. Still, it seems strange that he would make such a claim, then drop a last-minute vote, if the result was going to go any other way than what he claimed.

At this point, though, I think JoJ and SDK are my top candidates for remaining scum. I can't reveal all of my reasons why here yet (although I've outlined them in mason chat a bit more), but I think the timing is good for some people to make some claims and I would particularly like to see SDK's.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:00 pm UTC

For my personal information and maybe helpful for other people:

JarOJam

Spoiler:
D1
Post 1- Contentless IC post
Post 2- Semi-contentless, unconcerned with spinning room
Post 3- Contentless IC post
Post 4- Contentless IC post (although some of the rambling seems quasi-relevant)
Post 5- IC post, votes Nebuduck
D2
Post 6- IC post, boils down to Tiger* claim as town aligned vig

*more available about this if we were going to do a mass roleclaim today

Post 7- accusation of Madge wrt aardvarki's flip

about this time the (annoying) IC stuff gets put aside

D3
Post 8- fluff
Post 9- surprise about Madge, suspicious of SDK

D4
Post 10- claims town veto power
Post 11- suspicions dampened against SDK, votes SPACKlick to "prove claim"

D5
Post 12- SPACKlick gets lynched, JoJ confused, also now claims survivor

So, the most recent case against JoJ was the lynch liars principle, which was apparently nullified by the mod's admission. Other than that, I don't see anything to implicate him. If anyone else wants to make a case, be my guest.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:39 pm UTC

ConMan, why do you think I'm scum? Presumably you think I'm Kingsley aligned?

Moody, if you don't think JoJ is scum, who is?

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:13 pm UTC

If we are considering a massclaim, I think the order should be something like the following:

JoJ - scummiest should be first
Moody & SDK - I believe these two have not discussed their current roles at all
Thinksweet/VectorZero/conman - we have already claimed in chat and a variation will be reported by one of the others
Weiyaoli
Frogman & Infina - already claimed

I think that's everyone?

Return to “Mafia”