Hangafia - Game over - Perfect Town win.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
SPACKlick
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby SPACKlick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:08 am UTC

Oh god, with all the quiet players and the discussion of 5 to lynch at deadline I'd somehow got it into my head that there was a crazy "5 to hammer" rule in effect. :oops:

Vote Minestrone

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Madge » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:26 am UTC

I really don't have enough invested in this day to be able to stand too strongly behind my decision.

With that in mind:

vote: electrichaze

reasoning: minestrone is striking me as townie, and I don't respect the wagon on spacklick, so I'm going for the third option, who seems to be one of the lurkier people on here.

Work's been hectic (URGENT PROJECT + OH WAIT THE SCOPE WAS WRONG = MADGE SADNESS) so I don't think i'll have much time to post after tonight and before deadline.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby VectorZero » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:41 am UTC

If my calculations are correct, deadline is in 20min.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby VectorZero » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:43 am UTC

EBWOP: 50min, since I forgot to change my forum time zone settings when I moved.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby SDK » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:56 pm UTC

Current vote count (including Van's missed vote on Minestrone)...

ElectricHaze - 4 (SDK, moody7277, weiyaoli, Madge)
Minestrone - 6 (Van, Azrael001, _infina_, ElectricHaze, VectorZero, SPACKlick)
Azrael001 - 1 (ConMan)
SPACKlick - 2 (Vytron, Minestrone)

19 alive, 10 to lynch, 5 to lynch at deadline

Pretty sure that's right, so Minestrone should be lynched. That's fine.

We've had no claims of changing roles so far Day 2, and given the thread title I'm hoping it stays that way overnight as well. Here's hoping. See you on the other side.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Vytron » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:21 pm UTC

I'm not sure this counts, but if it does, and one of the peeps voting Minestrone unvotes and votes like me, and EH flips mafia, I'd give them townie points.

Unvote
Vote: ElectricHaze

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby weiyaoli » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:06 pm UTC

Why would you ever tie a lynch like that (if it counted?). We don't know what would happen in the case of a tie, but it's a fair bet that it's a NL.

Having serious doubts about the sanity of my role.
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby weiyaoli » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:09 pm UTC

Oh wait, nevermind, I'm dumb, you weren't voting for Minestrone
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:45 pm UTC

And that's night. Minestrone is lynched. I'll post flavour later tonight, but Night 2 starts now.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby weiyaoli » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:05 pm UTC

Is there a deadline for when N2 is going to end?
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:59 pm UTC

Night deadline set for 3 days time.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Van » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:22 am UTC

So... how about this weather? It's very nice and sunny.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Madge » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:25 am UTC

You are clearly not right in the head, it is still night time. *Z z Z*
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Vytron » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:59 am UTC

Yeah Van, you're wrong on the thread.

And I request someone to make a reminder of what happened in the game so far, because, I didn't even remember I was in this game until Van posted :P

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby Dr Ug » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:49 pm UTC

The night was long. There were sounds of love making, and sounds of killing. Everyone almost forgot to check the body of Minstrone. But finally the sun rose, and everybody gathered to unstring the body, the canine body, of Minestrone

Minestrone was Dog, goon in Marshall's mob (mafia, scum)

Soon a few more bodies are noticed and dragged out into the light. A man, with a missing tooth, a tattoo, and some breast implants is dead from what appears to be very high powered weaponry.

Vytron is dead. He was Stu, member of the wolfpack, mason, town.

Also a small Asian man appears to have been high on coke when he was stabbed in the throat. Quite viciously.

Azrael001 is dead. He was Chow, leader of Chow's cult (cult, scum)
Last edited by Dr Ug on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:50 pm UTC

Vote: SPACKlick

Full claim now.
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby Dr Ug » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:53 pm UTC

Also, we have 2 new replacements available, so inactivity will be met with replacement:

Replacements:
1. lynx
2. mpolo
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby moody7277 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:06 pm UTC

Well, I was going to vote Vytron this morning for 11th hour vote shenanigans, but a. dead, and b. town flip. I guess that gives a bit firmer thumbs up to Madge and fb. On the other hand, Az's flip is a little worrying given that cult wasn't even on the radar (as far as I remember) even though it shold have been give the number of players and complexity of the game.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby VectorZero » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:09 pm UTC

Oh great. There's a f'ing cult. Just cos I really wanted to continue reevaluating everyone's alignment on a daily basis.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:16 pm UTC

VectorZero wrote:Oh great. There's a f'ing cult. Just cos I really wanted to continue reevaluating everyone's alignment on a daily basis.

Logically, now that someone killed the cult leader, there should only be up to two cult members left, so it's only a small (presumably no-kill) scum faction to find. I don't think it makes sense for someone to inherit the recruit, because with the (only?) vig dead, we would have to work with scum to:

a) find the cult
b) kill the cult

Because otherwise the number of cult would never go down. The other possibility that would make sense to me is that the cult as a whole has some X-shot recruit, where I'm thinking X=3/4. I'm now also suspicious of the person who claimed that they were Chow, but did not mention that they were a cult. (unless it was Az who claimed this, can't remember now)
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby RoadieRich » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:31 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote: I'm now also suspicious of the person who claimed that they were Chow, but did not mention that they were a cult. (unless it was Az who claimed this, can't remember now)

Azrael001 wrote:I am not sure there is much benefit to a mass claim. Especially a mass claim of current roles. Since it's pretty obvious that everyone and their mother has switched roles by now, I've got no issue saying that I did too. I was Chow, who for some reason isn't part of any mafia group. Probably because he was stuffed into a trunk. Instead he is an independent who wants revenge on the main characters. He is some kind of weird not quite SK who wants the people who put him in the trunk dead.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
SPACKlick
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby SPACKlick » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:05 pm UTC

I'm not willing to full claim given the number of "Target x" roles that seem to be out there. However, I'll roll claim because I've either won my secondary objective (Locate Chow) or cannot win it and I'm pretty sure the only people it affects don't control a kill. I'm a Faction Cop. I can tell if someone is Chow or not (on re-reading it's actually chow aligned). If it Helps, Electric Haze wasn't Chow Aligned Night 1, Vytron wasn't Chow Aligned night 2.

Marshall, Black Doug and The dog (all marshall's mob) are now dead. Leaving only one member. [Did any of the originals tell us the name or power?]
Smoking Monkey (Kingsley's Gang) is dead leaving 3 to find [same question as above]
The cult leader is dead so the cult can't grow
All good things. I'd suggest the cult and Kingsley's gang all help us find the last of Marshall's Mob, fewer kills is good for all of us.

The tiger vigilante is dead
Phil and Stu are dead presumably leaving Alan as a lone Mason
Officer Franklin is Dead leaving our Mason Cop as a lone Mason

Madge: Why did minestrone strike you as townie? Also you mentioned yesterday that you thought there might be a cult...I've got my eye on you but I'm not confident about it.

Freezeblade said yesterday that they still had their mafia wincon as a secondary win condition. Can any other former mafia confirm same?

Weiyaoli: I'm pretty sure you said you'd confirmed Vytron, I can't find the post. Does their death allow you a more complete role claim?

Edit before Post;
From Roadie Rich's post, does that mean that Azrael was Chow all along? Would he risk the previous chow calling him out, they'd know he was a cultist. In that case I think a valid question is has anyone Town aligned not changed roles?

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:16 pm UTC

Yes, I am a flavour cop, presumably the same role that frogman had D1.

I copped Vytron N1, and got my bonus win because he was Stu. I screwed it up by asking Vytron too explicitly at the start if they had received any info from the mod, because I don't trust frogman at all, so he's actually the first person I'm looking to since Vytron died last night.

I copped SPACKlick last night, and I really want you to claim your name. I highly doubt your role has someone who wants to target X.
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
frogman
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:57 am UTC
Location: Corvallis, OR

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby frogman » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:23 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:However, I'll roll claim because I've either won my secondary objective (Locate Chow) or cannot win it and I'm pretty sure the only people it affects don't control a kill.


From what I can see, it's the latter. Both my original role and my current role had "target a person to find a character" as a night action, and both of my targets are dead now. I tried to target a dead person last night and was unable to. I haven't gotten word that any of my wins have been fulfilled - so I guess I'm just vanilla town now? Like I said, I lost my flavorcop after the first night, and my new role, while it can target people at night, doesn't get any flavor information.

Yes, I am a flavour cop, presumably the same role that frogman had D1.


Oh, what a coincidence - I targeted you last night! I can tell you for a fact that you're not Stu.
yeah yeah yeah

User avatar
SPACKlick
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby SPACKlick » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:09 pm UTC

Wei, if you flavour copped me, stop being a git, aim at hangover wiki, find my character, work out why I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Frogman, I haven't been told I've lost my ability, so I might still be able to cult hunt.

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:21 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:Wei, if you flavour copped me, stop being a git, aim at hangover wiki, find my character, work out why I'm keeping my mouth shut.

The point is, I worked out who you are, but I don't see how it can possibly jive with info we have already.
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby SDK » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:28 pm UTC

I started looking into Minestrone's interactions, but then remembered that we have a second mafia team, so all that really helps with is finding that last member (something we should try to do quickly to cut down the number of nightkills).

Reveiewing some older stuff, Van's unchanging secondary win-condition is the only thing that still stands out to me as really weird. I think lynching ElectricHaze is the best bet at this point though, especially given the people on ElectricHaze's wagon yesterday. Should probably do a full readthrough of Day 2 again and get player-by-player reads on the game. Later. We'll see what happens with SPACKlick too, I guess.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby RoadieRich » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:41 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:From Roadie Rich's post, does that mean that Azrael was Chow all along? Would he risk the previous chow calling him out, they'd know he was a cultist. In that case I think a valid question is has anyone Town aligned not changed roles?

Another possibility is that Az is the only player that didn't change, which I could see happening if for some reason Dr Ug didn't want us to know there was a cult.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
ElectricHaze
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby ElectricHaze » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:47 pm UTC

I'm leaving to go camping for the weekend in a couple hours so I will only have intermittent access to the internet until Monday evening.

I can confirm as former mafia that I kept my win condition, and would get a secondary win if the original group had a majority at the end of the game and all nk roles were gone. That seems highly unlikely for me though since I am the only person left from the original Marshall's mob.

I'm still not sure why people think I'm particularly scummy, or how lynching me helps in anyway. As far as I can tell a bandwagon started forming on me due to the upcoming deadline, under the flimsy claim that I was lurking/not saying much. Which is true, but I don't think I was by any means the only person having trouble coming up with things to talk about or analysis on that day 2, nor do I think I was the biggest lurker. I was trying to participate in the discussion as best I could after a very confusing day 1.

FoS: SDK for starting a wagon on me yesterday for no reason, and now using that wagon as justification to start another one on me? Why do you think I'm scum? Vytron voted for me over a disagreement on meta tactics and we discussed it for awhile. Then you and minestrone throw on votes 2 and 3 for the reason of "we need a wagon started" and almost get me lynched. To me if anything that makes you the most suspicious person today after Minestrone flipped scum.

Ninja'd: It makes sense that Az wouldn't change in hindsight. If he swapped roles with someone then immediately we have a confirmed cult in existence. Makes it a weird setup for a cult unless the cult leader keeps his role in the role shuffle.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby SDK » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:04 pm UTC

I think you mean moody. Minestrone never voted for you. The fact that you confused them probably means you're not the last of Marshall's Mob. Whatever. I'll read this game later.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
ElectricHaze
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby ElectricHaze » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:07 pm UTC

Oh you're right. Minestrone jumped on the spacklick wagon at that point and moody jumped on mine. I got it mixed up...
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby _infina_ » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:33 pm UTC

Van is as Van says. I find little reason to doubt the town aspect of the role. With a cult however, that becomes more difficult to trust the player. I do have flavor text that says Van was not harmed, but I do not know if that would include something like being recruited or what the order of actions is.

I have gained my primary win, and now my only win remaining is with town.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby VectorZero » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:07 am UTC

Other possibilities for cult: the cult leader shifted but whoever was initially Chow became vanilla cult/wins with cult. Kind of a reverse recruit. This is how I would run it if I were designing the game knowing what we know about the other factions.

Limited cult recruits could allow the recruiting power to shift between cultists. Say, a limited total recruits or only every second night. Both have been used before.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby Madge » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:09 am UTC

That makes sense and answers the question I had, which was "IF US EX MAFIOSI CAME CLEAN, WHY HAS NO CULTIST WARNED US OF A CULT"

I had no idea if there was a cult or not, I just kind of expected there might be one in a huge game like this.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby Van » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:35 am UTC

Haaaa, I totally called Minestrone.

Busy until weekend, so brief thoughts:

This is all very weird. Overnight, Vytron and I continued to talk, and he seemed to have way more information than I think he should have. Honestly, I didn't really trust it, but he did say (paraphrased) that he knew some people had not changed roles, and Aaz was one of them. But then, Aaz dies and is revealed to be a cult leader with the role he claimed on D1. As EH said, I guess it makes sense for the cult leader to not swap roles, and this seems to confirm Vytron's accuracy, but... At the time, I was pretty much thinking he was a lyncher, but now he is dead and without any sort of lyncher-ness to him. I need to think about this.

Will post updated player table later, I need to figure out how to add another column maybe. I'm assuming no one had a role change (I did not)? So mass claiming is pretty useless, especially with a cult now.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby ConMan » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:50 am UTC

To be honest, I, too, am not surprised that the cult recruit didn't change. Suffice to say, I'm suprised there *is* a cult (and yet not as surprised as I might be, I guess), but keeping it as a fixed point makes a certain amount of sense.

I'm a bit disappointed at Vytron being killed, mainly because I still love the idea that we had all these chat groups passing messages around and scum seems to be fairly good at picking out the people who are at the intersection of these chats to cause the most disruption to them :( So fair enough, it's a smart tactic for them, but it still sucks.

So I'd say, given that Azrael's reveal didn't specifically state "cult recruiter", I am concerned that the ability belongs to the whole group much like other abilities seem to be (based on my understanding of how the mafia groups and mason cops work). Cult is bad (I don't think anyone is going to disagree with that), but cult with unlimited recruit is the worst. Unfortunately, while my scumdar is bad my cultdar is worse, but hopefully someone dropped a little tell. Meanwhile, I guess it would be good to have one fewer night kill, so eliminating the last member of Marshall's mob would be a decent compromise.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
ThinkSweet
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:04 am UTC
Location: Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby ThinkSweet » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:50 am UTC

SPACKlick wrote:Marshall, Black Doug and The dog (all marshall's mob) are now dead. Leaving only one member. [Did any of the originals tell us the name or power?]
Smoking Monkey (Kingsley's Gang) is dead leaving 3 to find [same question as above]
The cult leader is dead so the cult can't grow
All good things. I'd suggest the cult and Kingsley's gang all help us find the last of Marshall's Mob, fewer kills is good for all of us.

The tiger vigilante is dead
Phil and Stu are dead presumably leaving Alan as a lone Mason
Officer Franklin is Dead leaving our Mason Cop as a lone Mason


Also the Serial Killer Melissa. Which make it odd that there were only 2 NKs. I can't see scum deciding not to use a NK.
Not sure for Marshall's Mob final member, but for Kingsley's Gang we know there is a Kingsley (GF), Silent Monk (roleblocker) and third un-named member, possibly vanilla scum.

So given the possibility of two cult members plus a GF, we now potentially have three scum who can pass at least one type of cop investigation which is not good. I'm going to assume the Cult can keep recruiting for now just to not underestimate them.

RoadieRich wrote:
SPACKlick wrote:From Roadie Rich's post, does that mean that Azrael was Chow all along? Would he risk the previous chow calling him out, they'd know he was a cultist. In that case I think a valid question is has anyone Town aligned not changed roles?

Another possibility is that Az is the only player that didn't change, which I could see happening if for some reason Dr Ug didn't want us to know there was a cult.


I think this is likely. But I don't think all the remaining Ex-scum are Ex-scum. So far out of the original 10 scum, four have died and turned up scum (still anti-town even if their role changed). So far none of the claimed ex-scum have me leaning towards townie on them so I'm going to go back and look at what they all did on D2. we have three dead ex-scum who flipped town so I'm thinking maybe 50/50 or 60/40 on the still scum/changed to town role split, which leaves 1 or 2 current scum among those who claim to be ex-scum.
</rant>

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby ConMan » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:48 am UTC

ThinkSweet wrote:Also the Serial Killer Melissa. Which make it odd that there were only 2 NKs. I can't see scum deciding not to use a NK.
Not sure for Marshall's Mob final member, but for Kingsley's Gang we know there is a Kingsley (GF), Silent Monk (roleblocker) and third un-named member, possibly vanilla scum.

Although the one who claimed to have been Melissa was Minstrone. Do you think it's likely he was trying to sow confusion about the kills that might be out there? Not that I'm discounting it - in fact I know of one reasonably good reason why I think it actually is the real role, but I wouldn't mind hearing others' thoughts about it.

As for the number of kills, well first there's the fact that the kills are uncoordinated, so there's a chance they'll target the same person - I think it's roughly in the range of 10-20% chance that they would do so (not taking the known targets into consideration). Second, there's at least one role blocker left, and enough unclaimed D1 roles that we can't rule out the possibility of a doctor, jailer, or something else. And third, while SDK has claimed that Sid is only a commuter on odd-numbered nights (and hence would have been vulnerable N2), it's *possible* that there's also an even-nights commuter out there. So there's still sufficient uncertainty that I will be horribly unsurprised if there are more corpses D3.

ThinkSweet wrote:So given the possibility of two cult members plus a GF, we now potentially have three scum who can pass at least one type of cop investigation which is not good. I'm going to assume the Cult can keep recruiting for now just to not underestimate them.

I'm *kind of* hoping that, in fact, the cult show up as scum, although I'm mainly basing that on the fact that the death reveal gave Azreal's alignment as (cult, scum), while other reveals have been of the form (mason, town) and (mafia, scum), etc. Still, it's something that's rather hard to test and the reveals have not followed that format perfectly. And of course, that also supposes that our remaining cop has some means of using that information without painting a huge target on their heads.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
ThinkSweet
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:04 am UTC
Location: Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby ThinkSweet » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:36 pm UTC

So here's my analysis as stated in my previous post of just those people who are claiming to have previously been scum but not anymore.

Madge (previously the Silent Monk, Roleblocker, Kingsley's Gang)
Spoiler:
So start of day 2 she said her role changed "last night". Admits she used to be scum but thought her whole team had changed to town. Said the old Kingsley's gang tried to submit a kill N1 out of curiosity. Said she agreed Scum should all claim their roles so that Town would know what they were up against - Leaning town but also could be a clever Scum player strategy. After a vote is placed on her Vytron says her role is good for town, but if that's based on what she told him it holds almost no weight. She makes a later post where she advocates everyone claiming (essentially making it an open set-up). Voted to Lynch EH for lurking (while also being one of the three people who already had more than one vote on them).

Overall, I'd say leaning town but could also still be a cleverly played Mafioso.

Freezeblade (Previously Smoking Monkey, presumably vanilla since nothing mentioned to the contrary, Kingsley Gang)
Spoiler:
First post D2 confirmed he had been part of the Kingsley Mafia. Confirmed that they got a secondary win if their old team was all alive at the end, but admitted there was a decent chance not all of them were now town. Has been silent since.

Conclusion - not enough data to form an opinion. Could easily still be scum, but I'd much rather lynch someone for active scumminess today given the cult revelation has expanded the potential number of anti-town players.

ElectricHaze (Previously Marshall's Dog, Vanilla Mafia, Marshall's Mob)
Spoiler:
Initially denied being Mafia D1 when Nebu named EH as part of Marshall's Mob. Did not specify their previous role, nor explicitly state that their role had changed at the start of D2. FOSed FB for looking like scum trying to appear townie by admitting that his PM group of D1 Kingsley Mafia still gained a secondary win with each other (hypocritical!). Eventually stated that their role was changed towards the end of day 1. Stated didn't want to claim old role as didn't see the point, also said
ElectricHaze wrote:There is no reason to lie about a previous role as most of the players who had scum roles have done so already.
which is odd since he was still lying about having been Mafia D1 at this point. Stated that Vytrons group had made targets of themselves by admitting to still being able to chat, potentially the reason why EH was still not admitting to their own previous alignment. Stated that if they were Mafia
ElectricHaze wrote:I would prioritize removing concerted blocks of players who have the ability to chat and work together.
, which could just be coincidence, but is pretty similar to what happened last night. Late day 2 admitted being part of Marshall's Mob, said was waiting to claim until Cycoden was back, but had had several posts since Cycoden's modkill without mentioning it. Got close to being lynched but not quite. Couple of posts today saying doesn't see why people think they're scummy.

Verdict - Leaning scummy for continually lying even when there was no reason to. Has made some odd and serendipitous comments, but not enough to convince me they are definitely scum. For now just IGMEOY ElectricHaze.
</rant>

User avatar
SPACKlick
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 3 - Sometimes you just bump.

Postby SPACKlick » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:11 pm UTC

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has already admitted to having chat with or is willing to admit having had chat with dead people about what the dead people have said. Particularly I'd like to hear more from Van. The words of Vytron delivered by someone who doesn't try to sound scummy saying them might be useful.

Thinksweet. I think you're underestimating them, all three of the above come off as scummy from that description. Madge has this whole new "Mess with their heads and take what you want attitude" (as indicated by the new avatar which I'm reliably informed comes from one of those "Reality Television" shows). I would not be surprised at all if she's playing us somehow.

Freezeblade lurks as scum. Last time I played scum with freezeblade he left me high and dry through lurking. (admittedly I'd already screwed myself somewhat).

And ElectricHaze lied whilst town, for no reason I can see. Admittedly we were all confused then but most people leant towards being far too open rather than closed off. (I apologize again to the mason cops, including Murrin, for outing that you existed)

I'm so lost in this game. I don't like Moody's assertion that madge and FB are less likely to be scum because Vytron wasn't.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests