2. One member of the Blue team is the President, and one member of the Red team is the Bomber. If the President is alive at the end of the game, all members of the Blue team win. If the Bomber successfully kills the President by being in the same room at the end of the game, all members of the Red team win. Players not on either team will have their own win conditions as described by their role and they may win independently of either team.
3. There are also two rooms, represented here by separate forum threads. Each player is randomly allocated a role and a starting room, and there is no connection between the two. Players in the same room have various means of communicating with each other (described below), but players in different rooms cannot communicate.
4. Each round, the players in each room will elect a Leader. At the end of the round, the Leader will nominate a specified number of people in that room as "hostages". The hostages will swap rooms, and the next round will begin.
5. The game ends after the last hostage exchange. At that point, roles are revealed and winners determined.
7. To initiate an action, clearly state it in bold, on a new line. For example:
Offer card share with ConMan
8. You may publically reveal your card colour or role (aka "card"). To do so, post a message as follows:
Public colour reveal: I am Red or
Public reveal: I am the Bomber
9. You may privately communicate with another player (in the same room) at any time. To do so, post a message in the thread as follows:
and send a PM to your target and the mod.
10. You may privately reveal your colour or role to another player (in the same room) at any time. To do so, post a message in the thread as follows:
Private colour reveal to ConMan or
Private reveal to ConMan
and send a PM to your target and the mod with your colour/role in bold.
11. You may propose a two-way private colour or role reveal (aka "card share") with another player (in the same room). To do so, post a message in the thread as follows:
Offer colour share with ConMan
Offer card share with ConMan
You may accept a share offer by posting in the thread as follows:
Accept card share with ConMan
and sending a PM to that player and the mod with your colour/role in bold. They must then reply to that PM as soon as possible with their own colour/role. If you have sent or received the first PM in a share, you cannot participate in another share until the second PM has been sent (this is in case the share triggers an effect that may change your ability or desire to participate in other shares).
12. Any share or reveal must be accurate - you cannot lie in bolded type.
13. If your current room has no Leader, you may immediately appoint another player (not yourself) by posting:
Appoint ConMan as Leader
14. If you are the Leader of the room, you may abdicate to another player by posting:
Abdicate Leader to ConMan
If your proposed replacement accepts, they immediately become Leader and they may not abdicate Leadership back to you in the same round.
15. Any player may propose a change of Leadership by posting:
Vote ConMan as Leader
If more than half the players in the room vote for the same player, that player immediately becomes Leader. You may vote for yourself.
16. You may withdraw an unaccepted share offer or a vote at any time by posting an appropriate bolded message in the thread.
17. When the timer for the current round ends, you may not post in the thread or send any PMs with one exception – the Leader of each room must PM the mod the list of hostages to be exchanged – the Leader may not nominate themselves as a hostage. New forum threads will be created for the two rooms and everyone will be notified of which one they are now in, at which point the new round begins. Note that the Leader stays the same between rounds.
18. If, by some chance, a room has no Leader at the end of the round, one will be randomly selected by the mod.
19. This game will be played like a Turbo. Round end times are final (no extensions), replacements will be made between rounds as necessary.
20. The rounds will be 3, 2 and 1 real-time days respectively, with the timer paused over weekends. The number of hostages to send each round will depend on the number of sign-ups and will be stated at the start of the game.
You are the President. Your card is Blue. You win if you are not in the same room as the Bomber at the end of the game.
You are the Bomber. Your card is Red. You win if you are in the same room as the President at the end of the game.
You are Blue Team. Your card is Blue. You win if the President is not in the same room as the Bomber at the end of the game.
You are Red Team. Your card is Red. You win if the Bomber is in the same room as the President at the end of the game.
You are MI6. Your card is Grey. You win if you card share with both the President and the Bomber before the end of the game.
You are the Gambler. Your card is Grey. At the end of the game, before roles are revealed, you must guess whether the Blue or Red team won, and if you are correct then you win.
Post any thoughts or comments on the rules in this thread. I will open sign-ups in a reply to this post and keep them open for about a week.