Mafia Cave - Cave is destroyed (mafia win)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

moody7277

Re: Mafia Cave - Day 2

Postby moody7277 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:52 pm UTC

On the low information people, I think DJ and fb can be let slide for now. I've got fb's scum meta nailed, so I have full confidence I can tell later. :twisted: Diemo was a bit wibbly in his votes D1, but like Carlington said I don't think that's quite enough. frogman's analysis is interesting, and I think I'd bump him up to slightly townie on the strength of it.

I also want to Fos the people still harping on the Madge/Suzaku weird comment thing, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. I would, except that right now that's Vytron. :roll:

:arrow: :arrow: Vote: SirGabriel

because I just had a "weird but can't tell situation" turn out to be scum.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:16 pm UTC

username5243 wrote:Hmm...Now who to vote for....

Sir, your accusation is not unjustified. I know that trying too hard to avoid a near-certain lynch would make me seem scummier. This makes me suspicious. Also mpolo, mensioning that it might be a mafia role, sounds like he might be that role and is mafia...but nothing to go on, really.

Wait, are you saying mpolo is in your mason group? (Otherwise he couldn't have that role.)
I would have pointed this out earlier, but I just noticed it now while re-reading.

Vytron wrote:Oh, okay, Sungura clarified that my role isn't the same after my revival. I'm no longer unkillable and unrecruitable, and my power changed, so I can no longer mason chat with people (though, I was still doing that in the morning of this Day, because Sungura forgot.)

Other than that, no, my wincondition hasn't changed. and I hope that if it did, Sungura wouldn't have forgotten to notified me about it.

This is a strange claim, and I'm not really sure what to make of it.
Not sure this will get us anywhere, but it's worth a shot:

Sungura, can you confirm whether you made a mistake regarding Vytron's role after resurrection?

moody7277 wrote: :arrow: :arrow: Vote: SirGabriel

because I just had a "weird but can't tell situation" turn out to be scum.

I don't think that's a very good reason to vote, but I also don't think it necessarily makes moody scummy.

username has been acting a bit odd, but that seems to be consistent with what I've seen of his meta as town.
Diemo is looking kind of suspicious, but he did promise a proper post soon, so I'll wait for that.
I haven't seen anything else that looks scummy.

FoS Diemo

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:04 pm UTC

Ok, I'm teaching labs so this post is going to be a bit fragmented.

Firstly, I would like to say that I am vanilla town (aka caver) and I can prove it. However, I don't want to because it possibly involves outing a power-town. Cavers should be able to work out what I am talking about.

About my last minute posts from yesterday (gameday):
Firstly, I didn't have a lot of time to spend on the analysis (well, lets be far, I priotised other things. I would do it again as well!). As such when I unvoted Vytron the first time (after username posted to say that he was a mason) I simply switched my vote to RR under the reasoning that while I didn't have anything on RR, Vytron was town (shown by username). Then I thought about it for a while, and I realised that one play that cult could make would claim to be a mason, recruit a member (only if the recruitment is during the day) and have that recruited member confirm them as a mason. This play is ballsy as fuck, because it has a high chance of backfiring, but if we let it off then cult could grow quite big. I didn't want that to happen. A secondary consideration was the fact that Vytron was throwing shit around the way he does, and I thought it might be better to get rid of all that crap.

And yes Vytron, I am pissed at your play, which I consider to be absolutely awful.

Ok, so there are a few ways to look at this. Firstly, it is possible that town had no actual power-roles to begin with, in which case I have found a scum. It seems pretty unlikely that that is the case though.

username is interesting. Trusting masons to be town is risky (right, Madge? :D) and if masons did have a spy in them then username has been suspicious as hell. Why did he vote Vytron? I seem to recall this being asked before but I can't find the answer - are you told that your mason buddies are town explicitly?

Ugh out of time.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:11 pm UTC

EBWOP: I didn't read moody or SirGabriel's responses yet. tomorrow - I have nothing on tomorrow so will have time.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:38 pm UTC

Diemo wrote:However, I don't want to because it possibly involves outing a power-town. Cavers should be able to work out what I am talking about.

If it's anything like vytron's PM gambit from RR's Vanillaish game, I will vote you SO HARD.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:02 pm UTC

Sorry, Had a few busy days at work so I haven't been posting much today.

So far I'm still suspicious of Diemo, the explanation helps, but day1 vote switching was weird especially now that we know it was between two town players. Specifically, taking the vote off Vytron, with I don't really suspect RR, but want to help mason pings me as a distancing move from the Vytron lynch, and gives you a reason to fall back on later when RR flips town.

I'm not sure if I'm suspicious enough to vote though. It's a pretty weak connection as it is.

mpolo is starting to climb my list of suspects after a re-read. They had a vote on moody and switched to RR. After the modkill this move looks suspicious, as it defends a mason by voting for town. Would be a good move if RR hadn't been modkilled, as it distances from a mason lynch.

Suzaku I'm pretty neutral on at this point. I don't like a lot of their reasoning for voting vytron. The I don't care if Vytron is telling the truth or not they should be lynched because I think their play is bad vibe really rubs me the wrong way. Other than that though I like a lot of their posting

moody is I put in my notes for random pings on a re-read from some analysis they posted. It's not really anything concrete just a feeling of offness from their analysis posts.

Based on my notes, pings and feelings:
---Scum----
Diemo
mpolo, moody
SirG
Suzaku
---Neutral---
freezeblade
Dj, frogman, Carlington
Dr Ug, Madge
---Neutral---
Vytron
Username
---Town---

I don't really feel that strongly about this list yet, but that's sort of the spectrum view I'm working with right now. If pressed I'd probably vote for mpolo or moody over Diemo. While I suspect them slightly less I think they have the most connections to other players that I think an alignment reveal there would be more helpful than a Diemo lynch.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:21 pm UTC

Votals
3 - diemo (frogman, Madge, carlington )
1 - Suzaku (Vytron)
1 - sir Gabriel (moody)
14 players, 8 to drown

I was slow on confirming how the resurrection worked.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/her/they/snug/gender neutral

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:29 pm UTC

Also, Dj has been warned they need to post content by game days end or be mod killed. Thus far they've
been telling me busy x through y day, which I appreciate, but the "not busy days" have not posted a thing of content. The time for skidding by is through and their busy this weekend post still gives them three life days to post content before game day end on Wednesday.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:15 am UTC

Diemo - how do cavers, who are vanilla town, know who a power town is? Can you explain that mechanic?
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:39 am UTC

Quick post from the bus home to respond to Madge
Carlington wrote:Another thing I'm interested in is Nebuduck's flip - vanilla-esque seems like a weird description, and at minimum it tells us that we can't assume Caver = VT (although I feel pretty comfortable in saying Caver = Town).

Sungura wrote:11. Nebuduck Caver, vanilla-esque, Town
(Emphasis mine)

Madge wrote:Diemo - how do cavers, who are vanilla town, know who a power town is?
????
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:57 am UTC

Reading comprehension is clearly not my thing. Apologies. Doesn't help that I feel really crummy today.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:08 pm UTC

I really don't understand ElectricHaze's comment about me. It seems that he is writing from a point of view of someone who knows who the townies are, which kind of implies that he is scum — because otherwise, he seems to think it is scummy to vote for a player that you have mentioned as suspicious for lurkiness up to that point in an attempt to save a probable townie?

Diemo's comment has me thinking there is probably something to his being town. (Unless scum were provided with town PMs, which I wouldn't really expect Amy to do.)

Honestly, the most suspicious person to me at the moment is username — avowed mason who was voting for another mason without making any effort to save him, making an argument against me that would require me to be a mason, when I'm not. However, the mason-itude is still pretty strong with only a vague suspicion indicating the possibility of a traitor.

@Vytron: Would it be in town's interest to know how many masons there were at the moment you left the group?
Image <-- Evil experiment

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:19 pm UTC

I think that this information should be known, so we we don't make a haven for false-claimers can hide in.

It's good that we dont' trust masons 100% though. Batmafia. remember batmafia. remember it well.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:08 pm UTC

Madge wrote:Diemo - how do cavers, who are vanilla town, know who a power town is? Can you explain that mechanic?

There is something said in the caver role PM which the person I am talking about was unaware of. So, they are either power-town or scum.

moody7277 wrote:
Diemo wrote:However, I don't want to because it possibly involves outing a power-town. Cavers should be able to work out what I am talking about.

If it's anything like vytron's PM gambit from RR's Vanillaish game, I will vote you SO HARD.

Hmm, I don't have time to see what Vytron did in that game, so maybe? I doubt it though.

More later.
--Douglas Adams

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:54 pm UTC

Ah, thanks for that, Diemo. I think I am good with Diemo for now.

:arrow: :arrow: Unvote: Diemo

Username is new-ish to mafia so I think there's perfectly reasonable logic behind voting for a mason buddy - Vytron's lynching seemed inevitable at that point and you might want to distance yourself from your fellow masons; plus, there's no guarantee that all masons are town, especially if as UN and Vytron implied there are more than two of them. (If there are only two then I agree, it makes much less sense)

Still don't know who I want to vote for. I think Diemo and Username are not on my radar at the moment, though.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:31 pm UTC

Diemo wrote:There is something said in the caver role PM which the person I am talking about was unaware of. So, they are either power-town or scum.

That is what Vytron was doing in Vanilla(-ish)fia. :evil: I blame that gambit for getting a VT killed, and I think town won in spite of it not because of it. Progress along this line at your peril.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:39 am UTC

I played that Gambit in the very first mafia game that I played, which was in... what... 2006?

The idea with the gambit is you self-confirm town.

That's the reason most games put on the OP all the roles of everyone, so you can no longer play the gambit.

The gambit is terrible for town if you're vanilla town, as that means scum will not target you and it makes more likely that they hit power role.

moody7277 wrote:That is what Vytron was doing in Vanilla(-ish)fia. :evil: I blame that gambit for getting a VT killed, and I think town won in spite of it not because of it. Progress along this line at your peril.

Okay, yeah, but at least Diemo actually manages to self-confirm town so we don't mislynch him.

:arrow: :arrow: Unvote: Suzaku

:arrow: :arrow: Vote: Madge

Did you see all the cases on people voting Diemo? They looked kind of legit, and it doesn't matter if you agree with them or not, it's something of substance.

But, Madge's? She was voting him because he was inactive... to... wake him up? What was that about.

Madge wrote:Ah, thanks for that, Diemo. I think I am good with Diemo for now.

Because of what he posted or because he posted something?

It seems Madge forgot why she was voting Diemo, here she's acting as if she had actual suspicion of him, and it was lifted.

If the Mason group had a mole then User is probably it. Otherwise, it benefits mafia to know our number, so I'm claim it's possible the Mason disbanded as I was revived and User isn't a mason with someone anymore as he could only chat with me.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:22 am UTC

I was suspicious of Diemo because of something he said and how it related to my past role, however I can't elaborate on that because the mod has forbidden me from doing so, so unfortunately because I'm meta-gaming in that vote (and unvote), I can't say anything more on the subject.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:21 am UTC

Madge wrote:I was suspicious of Diemo because of something he said and how it related to my past role, however I can't elaborate on that because the mod has forbidden me from doing so, so unfortunately because I'm meta-gaming in that vote (and unvote), I can't say anything more on the subject.
This is one of the reasons I don't like Zombie replacements that weren't planned from the begining. They inevitably have problems with the replacements having knowledge that the player they're replacing did not have. It's almost like saying it's ok to read spoilers of town players that are dead. It just doesn't work.

Ok doing a bit of a read backwards from here:

I think we need to be careful regarding role PM analysis. Especially as we have already had town being caver and bat. I don't think it's anywhere near as simple as people vs animals. I don't think lack of knowledge of caver role PM by any means implies non town. This is going to be a power-heavy game IMO, and we need to be careful not to out vanilla town, as it decreases the number of NK targets for scum to hit power roles. I would recommend we avoid talking about role PM contents from here out. (especially as a recent modkill victim from such discussion...)

username is confusing the hell out of me. Vytron has confirmed his masonness, but wtf is up with they "mpolo might be a mason spy" when he's not a mason????

moody7277 wrote:because I just had a "weird but can't tell situation" turn out to be scum.
What are you referring to here? I don't in general like votes of "because I have a feeling". It allows scum to sound like they're voting someone for a real reason, when it can just be a random name pulled from a hat. It's a version of active lurking IMO.

I like frogman's analysis, and I can definitely see his points on Diemo. he's in my top 5 scumpicks atm (that is Diemo, not frogman).
Carlington wrote:Looking it over, username is also pinging me, even though he's almost confirmed town. I feel like I want to be lenient on him because it could just be newbie weird and not scummy weird, especially since scummy weird doesn't make sense after Vytron's flip, but it's...weird. And kinda frustrating because it's distracting me, as well. Without Vytron's corroboration of the story and then the town flip there, I wouldn't believe either of them - but here we are. The resurrection thing is weird as well, and makes me wonder whether a fake flip would be a possibility. I don't think it would be likely, but it would also answer a lot of the questions I presently have.

This has me thinking. What if Vytron is a jester-like role where he is oneshot unlynchable, and flips as town the first lynch, but is really scum? It' s a weird role, but I actually kind of like the idea (and may even use it in a game in future...). It could be like this:

potential role wrote:When you are lynched, you will be revealed as town. But you will not die. In this way you are basically a jester-public-copped-godfather. If you manage to be lynched, you will publically copped as town. You are mafia and have all the usual abilities of mafia.
This makes a bit more sense with the weird play of username. If mafia had daychat, Vytron could have coordinated this play with username, and perhaps as a newer player username is less able to pull it off. Trying to bus a scumbuddy makes a lot more sense than bussing a mason budy. The problem is now that I've thought of it I'll probably try and talk myself into believing it like when I thought Vytron was cult leader. Hmmm.

If Vytron dies again and is still town, I think Suzaku's knowledge of his towniness is a bit suspicious - unless he also wants to claim that he was a member of the mason team?
Where did my old signature go? :(

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:29 am UTC

Quick one 'cause I just saw this:

Dr Ug wrote:If Vytron dies again and is still town, I think Suzaku's knowledge of his towniness is a bit suspicious - unless he also wants to claim that he was a member of the mason team?
What gave you the impression that I have any knowledge of Vytron's towniness (at any point)? I've already said I thought he was scum D1, and that I don't know what he is now. I do still feel he's acting more townie now, hence I'm not voting for him, but I am in no way sure.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:16 am UTC

At least, I'm glad I'm not the only one that believed you knew I was town before the flip.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:30 am UTC

Suzaku wrote:Quick one 'cause I just saw this:

Dr Ug wrote:If Vytron dies again and is still town, I think Suzaku's knowledge of his towniness is a bit suspicious - unless he also wants to claim that he was a member of the mason team?
What gave you the impression that I have any knowledge of Vytron's towniness (at any point)? I've already said I thought he was scum D1, and that I don't know what he is now. I do still feel he's acting more townie now, hence I'm not voting for him, but I am in no way sure.
I just went back to try and put my finger on it and I can't. When Vytron said it earlier I remember having thought the same thing, but I can't actually find the line that made me think it. Vytron - why did I think this? (ie why did you think it?). I'm sure there was something I just can't find it...

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:24 am UTC

It was Suzaku's tone, you'd need to go back and read what he said as if he already knew I was town.

mpolo agrees with me:

mpolo wrote:There is, however, as Vytron said, a bit of an "I know you're lying town, but am going to lynch you anyway" vibe here.

It's kind of minuscule, though.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:40 am UTC

Vytron wrote:It's kind of minuscule, though.

I find that it depends a lot on what you're thinking when you read the posts. When I was pretty convinced of Vytron's towniness and then read the post, I picked up said vibe. When I just read it now a little more "coldly", I didn't get that feeling at all. Which may mean that it's a confirmation bias in my reading.

That said, we have deadline tomorrow and almost nothing on leads. I will come back to this later today and try to come up with a reasonable vote, but hopefully I'm not the only one.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:15 am UTC

mpolo wrote:
Vytron wrote:It's kind of minuscule, though.

I find that it depends a lot on what you're thinking when you read the posts. When I was pretty convinced of Vytron's towniness and then read the post, I picked up said vibe. When I just read it now a little more "coldly", I didn't get that feeling at all. Which may mean that it's a confirmation bias in my reading.
That's the feeling I got too.

I'm a little worried that the conversation seems to be majorly dominated by a small group of us, and we're letting too many people get by without expressing an opinion.

Freezeblade: some cult speculation, thinks it's unlikely. A nothing post about a mod mistake. Thinks Vytron is town, but perhaps other masons are not. I don't like this post. It almost seems to be trying to seed doubt around potentially confirmed town. That's all for Day 1

Day 2: talks about the resurrection of Vytron and is disappointed by RR's lack of posting (pot, kettle?) and promisses a reread. His only other post today reeks of active lurking:
freezeblade wrote:I think that this information should be known, so we we don't make a haven for false-claimers can hide in.

It's good that we dont' trust masons 100% though. Batmafia. remember batmafia. remember it well.
Again with the push against trusting masons. He has not made a single comment about any other players day 2. Even day 1 he only commented on the major lynch candidates (Vytron and RR). He posts regularly enough to avoid a lynch, but with virtually no content.

Freezeblade you have not long to post some content, so please do.

FoS: Freezeblade

Moody7277: Day 1 - cult speculation after Vytron's claim, thinks it's unlikely we have cult. Thinks flavour is important. Responds to my criticism of his downplaying cult, and agrees Vytron might have been cult leader. More criticism of Vytron's claim (which I agree with), and again thinks cult is unlikely. Finally on page 4 we get a bit more opinion giving. Thinks SirG / username are possibly scum on the Vytron-wagon. This was after username had claimed mason with Vytron . He seems to be with freezeblade above in thinking Vytron/username are scum together. Not a lot of content day 1
Day 2 - starts off with a big analysis post. Lists opinions on all players, which is good. His scum list is: RR, SirG, freezeblade and DJ. Next is a post where he says freezeblade isn't posting any content but that's ok, and DJ too, despite having listed both as likely voting candidates in his previous post. Thinks madge/suzaku comments were nothing. Votes SirGabriel "Because". Doesn't like diemo's role pm claim to be a caver.

Moody - can you explain why you went from wanting to vote for freezeblade and DJ to saying it's ok for them to active lurk?

FoS: moody

people who need modprods /kills:
DJ, RR

Overall I think Freezeblade just edges out moody for a vote, but I'd bet happy with either at present

:arrow: :arrow: Vote: freezeblade

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:36 am UTC

EBWOP - forgot to remove RR as he's already dead. DJ is the one that needs modaction.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:23 am UTC

In my experience on mafia games, the first feeling you get when you read something is the correct one. This is your subconcious telling you something you're missing, it won't come back on a later reading, because gut-feeling scum doesn't knock out twice on your door.

I've seen it before, some scum player posts something suspicious, people jump on it, and then, it "cools off", people go back and can't find the tone as suspicious anymore, and the case is dropped. After the game over it turns out that person is scum. But those things are only detected in the heat of discussion.

And, what, did you expect scum to just slip with something damning? That'd make the game too easy, all you can do is detect the vibes, and wording that seems odd, or fabricated on the first reading.

Suzaku will remain in my scummy list, never ignore your gut.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:20 pm UTC

Quoting because Ug can't read apparently ;)

Sungura wrote:Also, Dj has been warned they need to post content by game days end or be mod killed. Thus far they've
been telling me busy x through y day, which I appreciate, but the "not busy days" have not posted a thing of content. The time for skidding by is through and their busy this weekend post still gives them three life days to post content before game day end on Wednesday.

frogman

Postby frogman » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:04 am UTC

Vytron's post on going with one's gut is interesting to me. I think that's what made me notice Diemo in particular, and why I can't understand the attack on Suzaku. Therein lies a large problem with using this as the only way to find scum - it's hard to convince others who didn't have that gut reaction.

The number of votes seems to be low so far. I'd love to hear from DJ and freezeblade.
yeah yeah yeah

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:20 am UTC

Sungura wrote:Quoting because Ug can't read apparently ;)

Sungura wrote:Also, Dj has been warned they need to post content by game days end or be mod killed. Thus far they've
I wasn't so much making a suggestion as an observation that they are being dealt with by mod.

Deadline fast approaching, those who have been quiet should speak up now in case you don't get a chance tomorrow.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:12 pm UTC

So, what we have:

Suzaku: Possible scumminess from the first day, though that is mostly a gut feeling. I don't want to vote this at the moment.

Vytron: Was town on day one, but apparently has another role today. However, the feel today is generally good.

username: A couple of weirdnesses, but they seem to be more not paying complete attention than being actively scummy. (Though accusing me of being in his mason group and thus being the traitor therein is almost too weird…) If there is a mason traitor, he is probably it. Until we have reason to believe that, his being a mason gives him a pass.

Dr Ug: Pretty solid participation.

Lots of people with low content.

Which means that I am going to go with Dr Ug's suspicion and

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:53 pm UTC

Ok, I have 10 minutes.

Freezeblade has been very quite. Like, really quiet. To the point where they might be a mod-problem. They have a total of 7 posts including signup.

frogman - because your next to freeezeblade, seems to have good content. Seems to concentrate on a single person at a time though - first focused on Vytron and then on me. If I am not scum, who do you think the scum are, frogman? Can you give your opinion on the other players please?
This could just be style, of course. So a null tell for now.

Madge is confusing. I had Madge1.0 as towny and I think that that might be bleeding over into my towny feeling for Madge2.0. It should be noted that dim was acting weirdly, and he is normally good. So, for now, IGMEOY.
Oh, Madge2.0 seems to understand what I meant from the role PM, but also seems to understand it from Madge1.0's role pm, which makes things messy.

moody: Justifiably hates my gambit with the role PMs. Other than that suspects SirGabriel - not for much though (admits as much himself). Need to take a look at SirG before I judge that as scummy or not. Null for now.

You know, I think that there is a cult in the game. Will check up to see if there are connections later. For now, I am happy to lyunch just about anyone. I think lynching freezeblade might be a bit of a waste though.

More later.
--Douglas Adams

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:44 pm UTC

Votals
2 - diemo (frogman, carlington )
2 - freezeblade (dr ug, mpolo)
1 - madge (Vytron)
1 - sir Gabriel (moody)

14 players, 8 to drown

I do not consider freezeblade to be a mod issue at this point, will re-evaluate that on/end of day 3.

Tied votes will be coin flipped. Day ends soon...it is Monday afternoon here! i said in bold text that day ends today, but posted while on vacation this weekend about a wednesday deadline within the how-i'm-dealing-with-DJ post. So if people would like an extension to wednesday, speak now or forever hold your peace.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:18 pm UTC

I don't see any need for an extension. Between Diemo and freezeblade, I think Diemo is scummier.

:arrow: :arrow: Vote: Diemo

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:37 pm UTC

Sorry guys, I'm not usually around on weekends.

I will say though that I am not a good lynch target, but on that note:

What happens in the case of a tied vote at deadline?

I am pretty confident of vytron's townieness, and I think that their non-lynch is stemming from a player-driven power, as opposed to an innate power or role that vytron might have.

I don't really agree with the diemo waggon, and I kinda agree on Vytron's case for madge

:arrow: :arrow: vote: madge

ninja: well, looks like we won't be tied if this continues.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:18 pm UTC

Oops, I guess I read that post to fast and was under the impression of a Wednesday deadline.

Diemo continues to do a good job at alleviating my suspicions of them, and moves back to the neutral side of things for me.

I agree with Dr Ugs assessment of moody, I had them on my list for pings about their analysis seeming off, and I think it is because they are acting differently today with respect to a lot of that analysis.

Freezeblade has seemed more lurky than scummy, but on a reread the small content of their posts has been suspect or just an echo of general consensus. I think this may have flown under my radar a bit because of how few posts those were. I consider it possible with moody's changing views that freezeblade may be a recruiter and moody the target of that. I think I am getting more pings on moody than freezeblade, but with the deadline.

:arrow: :arrow: Vote: Freezeblade

As I'm no longer a fan of the Diemo lynch. I'd prefer until Wednesday to talk about it a bit more, as I was hoping people were mostly busy for the weekend and we would get some discussion today and tomorrow before deadline end, but it's been pretty quiet today, and it was my fault for misreading the deadline stuff anyway so up to the mod I guess.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:33 pm UTC

Unoffical Votals
3 - diemo (frogman, carlington, SirGabriel)
3 - freezeblade (dr ug, mpolo, ElectricHaze)
2 - madge (Vytron, Freezeblade)
1 - SirGabriel (moody)

I sure hope that a tie does not result in a NL, because that would make tomorrow a replay of today.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:49 pm UTC

Votals
3 - diemo (frogman, carlington, sir gabriel)
3 - freezeblade (dr ug, mpolo, electric haze)
2 - madge (Vytron, freezeblade)
1 - sir Gabriel (moody)

14 players, 8 to drown
Ties get a coin-toss

Since it appears most all were operating on a Monday deadline, I will end the day late tonight/tomorrow morning (it is 2:45pm local as i post this) to make sure everyone has a chance to post after work today so 'it was the weekend' isn't an excuse ;)

Edit: Ending late tonight, this day has gone on long enough.
Last edited by Sungura on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:00 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:42 pm UTC

What is going on guys? Diemo self-confirmed vanilla town with a gambit, we know he's town for certain.

I have nothing against FB but I really hate when a coin decides games' outcomes :roll:

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:43 pm UTC

Unless... there's a cult, and Diemo got culted, and they self-confirmed having read the VT's PM to avoid being lynched...

Return to “Mafia”