Once Upon a Mafia - Game Over

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 1

Postby SirGabriel » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:00 am UTC

Final votals:
SDK (1) - BenM16
Vytron (5) - bessie, Vytron, SDK, Lawrencelot, SPACKlick

Vytron has been lynched. It is now night.

Night 1 deadline is 10pm Eastern Time on Monday. Deadline clock

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:10 am UTC

The town wakes up, relieved to find that no one died during the night. They are even more relieved when they discover Vytron's true identity.
Vytron was Rumplestiltskin, Mafia, in possession of a variety of night powers (only one of which could be used per night).
But even with the Dark One dead, it is clear to everyone that the danger has not yet passed.

It is now Day 2. Deadline is 10pm Eastern Time next Tuesday. Deadline clock

9 alive, 5 votes to hammer

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby mpolo » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:11 am UTC

Well. That was obviously a good result of the lynch. Perhaps more interesting is the fact that no one died in the night, which would imply either some roleblocking or some doctoring or similar.

I would suggest that if you role-blocked someone, it might be worth giving that information, as it is likely the person carrying out the mafia kill. That modulo mafia being inactive and not sending a result, I suppose.

A doctor has a probable townie as his target, so should keep quiet about it.

What I know from the night isn't helpful at the moment, but could become so later in the day, so I'll hold off until it's actually useful.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby mpolo » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:12 am UTC

EBWOP: s/not sending a result/not sending a target/
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
SPACKlick
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby SPACKlick » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:40 am UTC

1) Ok, we were right. WooHoo Please nobody read or analyse Vytron's wine post from yesterday nothing of use can possibly lie within.
2) There was no night kill, so roleblocker or Doctor may have information [or less likely mafia are playing mind games or mafia didn't make it online/remember to send a PM overnight (4 days over a weekend? Everyone but Jude was online overnight)]
3) Rumplestiltskin didn't have a race specified so I'm even less sure we need to discuss race.
4) Ben and Madge were quiet for the last 24 hours of yesterday (Full Disclosure: so was I) so I'd like to hear their reactions to Vytron's death. and the lack of night kill. Also there are some questions floating around for you two from others we should see responses to.

I'm still Eyeing Madge as weird from yesterday
I Still think there was something akin to bussing/buddying with SDK that deserves a further look.
While Jude has been quiet I like their content so this is a poke for more of that.

ninja'd
mpolo: I'm not sure a roleblocker should reveal too early, is that not likely to give us a false positive? I'd be interested to hear from their target if they know they were roleblocked town.

I didn't react to Dimochka's big post yesterday;
  • I don't ever say before someone flips what my opinion will be on their flip, it let's scum wine too hard. Now that Vytron has flipped scum. I have my eye on the people above. Only madge is a strong opinion but it feels different to scum partner somehow.
  • SDK could be playing a solid scum game with vytron but I'm not confident in my read. It's more a "If scum was playing like this it would be golden" then "Scum would play like this".
  • What did you mean "regarding me posting right after SPACKlick" I don't get why this was said?

It's taken me 1 hour and 40 minutes to write this post so far so I'll come back when I'm less busy.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby Madge » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:12 am UTC

So, I will admit I wasn't on board with the Vytron lynch, but I'm always happy to be wrong! Didn't expect him to flip scum to be honest, but stranger things have happened.

For those of you who are wondering, little ol' Madge wasn't roleblocked last night, if that helps, but I don't know anything that's immediately useful.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:42 am UTC

Great, Rumplestiltskin must have been a powerful role. I'll be focusing on SDK and Madge now that I know Vytron's alignment. I won't read much into Vytron's posts, but posts about Vytron can be interesting. Don't have time to analyze now but I'll keep reading and posting

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby mpolo » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:36 pm UTC

Yeah. It wouldn't be bad to see if somebody is willing to admit being roleblocked before wildly claiming. I kind of expect there not to be much more than 1 roleblocker among town though.

I was not roleblocked.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby bessie » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:41 pm UTC

As far as I know, I wasn't roleblocked.

I'm still thinking about some stuff that was discussed on D1. SDK, do you have anything to claim?

SPACKlick wrote:1) Ok, we were right. WooHoo Please nobody read or analyse Vytron's wine post from yesterday nothing of use can possibly lie within.

Why did you feel the need to point this out a second time?

User avatar
SPACKlick
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby SPACKlick » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:46 pm UTC

bessie wrote:As far as I know, I wasn't roleblocked.

I'm still thinking about some stuff that was discussed on D1. SDK, do you have anything to claim?

SPACKlick wrote:1) Ok, we were right. WooHoo Please nobody read or analyse Vytron's wine post from yesterday nothing of use can possibly lie within.

Why did you feel the need to point this out a second time?

Because I forgot I'd actually posted the rebuttal of it and I felt the need to point it out because I have seen days go completely to waste because one person pushed hard on a wine post from scum and I know vytron makes his wine very tempting.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby SDK » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:21 pm UTC

bessie wrote:SDK, do you have anything to claim?

No. Why do you ask?

I do have a request for everyone though:

If you're a doctor and you targeted me, I'd like you to claim as much.

Thanks.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

JudeMorrigan
Posts: 1254
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:26 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - confirmation phase

Postby JudeMorrigan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:55 am UTC

Sweet! Nice night, folks. I have no claims to make. I'd like to do a full reread, but don't have time tonight. Here're some thoughts based on page 4 though, under the theory that later posts are more consequential:

- I can't say I read much of anything into Lawrencelot's early vote on SDK with no explanation. I thought it was semi-random. Not particularly intended to stick, but he was a logical person to throw a vote at at that point.

- I consider Dim's suggestion that SDK was non-town that was not aligned with the mafia (not exactly how dim put it) is fairly plausible. As weird as their interactions were, the likelihood of a Vytron/SDK scum team is one place where I think I diverge from SPACKlick. For now at least, I'm willing to accept the idea of SDK's having been fishing for information early in D1. That said, there's something about his desire for humanity claims that I'm just not getting warm fuzzies about. As for Dim himself, well ... I can't point to anything specifically that he's posted that pings me, but he's still not moving the needle past neutral for me right now for some reason.

- As a note, Madge is pretty easily my strongest scum read right now. But that remains contingent on that re-read. I DO think her and Vytron on a team seems fairly likely based on their D1 interactions. They didn't read like scum-town interactions to me.

- As for Ben, I mostly just want to see more from him. (I know, I know. Physician, heal thyself, Jude.) Here's your big chance for that promised commentary on the interactions between Vytron and Bessie, Ben. (For me, I don't love them. Particularly the way he went after her and then backed off her in his final, wine-y post. I know, I know,) And for what it's worth, you aren't the only Australian on this forum. Don't stress about the timing of your posts.

- And I knows this reeks of OMGUS, but I'm unconvinced that bessie's misreading of my motivations for supporting a Vytron lynch weren't intentional.

Will hopefully have more (and specific references) tomorrow.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby bessie » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:54 am UTC

SDK wrote:
bessie wrote:SDK, do you have anything to claim?

No. Why do you ask?

Because I thought about it over the night phase, and I am considering moving your position on my scum-town scale toward the town end. However, I don’t feel you were entirely truthful in all your D1 content. I thought I would give you an opportunity to make any corrections.

I did not target SDK with any power last night.

JudeMorrigan wrote:- And I knows this reeks of OMGUS, but I'm unconvinced that bessie's misreading of my motivations for supporting a Vytron lynch weren't intentional.

And I’m unconvinced that it was a misreading.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby SDK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:20 am UTC

What, like claim SURPRISE! I'm human after all!

As far as I can recall, I haven't lied at all this game. What do you think I was lying about? What does that have to do with me claiming?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby bessie » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:15 am UTC

@SDK: That was all.

SPACKlick wrote:3) Rumplestiltskin didn't have a race specified so I'm even less sure we need to discuss race.

I'm thinking this over.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby Lawrencelot » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:36 am UTC

@SDK: assuming there is exactly one doctor, you know he'll die if he claims he's targeted you, right? I assume you have a way of confirming the doctor or yourself somehow, but losing a doctor isn't worth that.

Vote: Madge

With 5 votes to hammer this can't hurt.

User avatar
SPACKlick
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby SPACKlick » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:29 am UTC

SDK wrote:If you're a doctor and you targeted me, I'd like you to claim as much.
I can't think of any possible benefit to town unless your role says "If a doctor targets you and you target him the next day you die and he becomes un killable. And I don't think that role exists.

Do you have any reason to believe a doctor did target you last night? Because I'll be honest, If I were the doctor you aren't someone I'd have been protecting last night
JudeMorrigan wrote:Here're some thoughts based on page 4 though, under the theory that later posts are more consequential:
I find it slightly odd that you felt the need to justify this but I do like your justification.
JudeMorrigan wrote:- As a note, Madge is pretty easily my strongest scum read right now. But that remains contingent on that re-read. I DO think her and Vytron on a team seems fairly likely based on their D1 interactions. They didn't read like scum-town interactions to me.
Going back and doing a re-read Madges interactions with vytron and actions around vytron's lynch look scummy. Vytron didn't do anything that made me think he was on madges side. It could just be a playstyle thing but from flavourwiki. Nothing important appears there spoilered below.
Spoiler:
Rumplestiltskin plays several characters fitting with his jack of all trades esque role description he also seems to have a suite of magic powers as well).
One is the Beast, Madge could be Belle (Lover for the mafia jack of all trades)
One is Peter Pan's Crocodile, but I can't think of anyone that would be allied with Tick Tock the Croc
Rumple also has a wife "Milah"
I can't find any obvious team that Rumple is in to be the mafia.
JudeMorrigan wrote:And I knows this reeks of OMGUS, but I'm unconvinced that bessie's misreading of my motivations for supporting a Vytron lynch weren't intentional.
bessie wrote:And I’m unconvinced that it was a misreading.
Umm, who misread what? Can you (Jude) explain what you think Bessie read that you didn't say?

I'm pretty happy to lynch Madge today but I'd like the day to go awhile because I'm limited reads wise once she's lynched.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby mpolo » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:46 am UTC

SPACKlick wrote:
SDK wrote:If you're a doctor and you targeted me, I'd like you to claim as much.
I can't think of any possible benefit to town unless your role says "If a doctor targets you and you target him the next day you die and he becomes un killable. And I don't think that role exists.


I came up with another one that would be helpful to town, but to explain it would be to remove its utility, so I will refrain for now.
Image <-- Evil experiment

JudeMorrigan
Posts: 1254
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:26 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby JudeMorrigan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:13 am UTC

Quick pre-work reply:

SPACKlick wrote:
JudeMorrigan wrote:Here're some thoughts based on page 4 though, under the theory that later posts are more consequential:
I find it slightly odd that you felt the need to justify this but I do like your justification.

I'm feeling slightly defensive about the multiple people who have commented on my low activity. I keep meaning to do some sort of big, glorious, overarching post, but life keeps getting in the way.

JudeMorrigan wrote:And I knows this reeks of OMGUS, but I'm unconvinced that bessie's misreading of my motivations for supporting a Vytron lynch weren't intentional.
bessie wrote:And I’m unconvinced that it was a misreading.
Umm, who misread what? Can you (Jude) explain what you think Bessie read that you didn't say?

bessie thought my arguments about Vytron boiled down to my thinking he was scum because he self-voted. My thinking Vytron was scum had almost nothing to do with his self-vote.

I'm pretty happy to lynch Madge today but I'd like the day to go awhile because I'm limited reads wise once she's lynched.

I'm in no urgent rush to see a hammer either for exactly the same reason.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby SDK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:33 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:
SDK wrote:If you're a doctor and you targeted me, I'd like you to claim as much.
I can't think of any possible benefit to town unless your role says "If a doctor targets you and you target him the next day you die and he becomes un killable. And I don't think that role exists.

Just trust that I have reason to ask. I can't explain, but the reasoning is solid. If a doctor did target me, he/she was probably the reason there was no nightkill. If that's true, I'm town so you can trust me. If a doctor didn't target me, no harm in asking since no one will claim anything, right?

... Now that I think about it, I suppose I'll probably explain whether or not people claim. Just need to give everyone the chance to do so. Or maybe I won't. Need to think about something. But if you're the doctor and targeted me, just do it!

Madge, are you town?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
SPACKlick
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby SPACKlick » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:46 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Madge, are you town?


And as an additional question Madge, is/are your win condition(s) completely town aligned?

SDK, I'm sure you have a reason to ask for a doctor reveal, and I'm sure you think it's solid. My point was, even you must see that there is no reason for a doctor, even one who protected you, to believe that outing themselves as the doctor would definitely be net beneficial to town. Let's assume for a moment !ScumSDK asks this, confirming the doctor either overtly or through a slip by a doctor who's discussing doctory things openly which gives the mafia a doctor to target to get rid of one of town's stronger power roles.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby SDK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:53 pm UTC

... but if I'm scumSDK then a doctor protect targeting me wouldn't have blocked the nightkill? So no one will claim anything?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby bessie » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:10 pm UTC

Well, JudeMorrigan brought this up, so if they want to return to this. How was I intentionally misreading you, and for what purpose?
JudeMorrigan wrote:And then there's Vytron. To be blunt, my biggest read on him right now is that he has other games he'd rather be devoting his attention to.

bessie wrote:I don’t believe he’s trying to be lynched so he can play other games.

JudeMorrigan wrote:And I'd like to apologize for the bit about him trying to be lynched so he can play other games. That was a cheap-shot on my part.

That doesn’t seem like I misreading on my part, especially where you admit I was correct.

JudeMorrigan wrote:But I've got to assume he's scum because town-Vyton just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, ok, he wants to be lynched so that he won't be a distration on D2.

bessie wrote:And if I understand you correctly, you assume he’s scum because you don’t think his strategy makes sense if he was town?

JudeMorrigan wrote:No, my line of thought was more "ok, so what if Vytron *did* wind up flipping town? What would that tell us?"

So, how did I misread this? Or more importantly, how did I intentionally misread this?

JudeMorrigan wrote:bessie thought my arguments about Vytron boiled down to my thinking he was scum because he self-voted. My thinking Vytron was scum had almost nothing to do with his self-vote.

No. I think you were looking for en excuse to go after Vytron.
bessie wrote: In reading your analysis of Vytron, I feel you are going after low hanging fruit, and for the wrong reasons. IGMEOY JudeMorrigan.

I’d like to revise this comment.

FOS: JudeMorrigan


I’ve also changed my mind about something else. I support a mass humanity claim.

JudeMorrigan
Posts: 1254
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:26 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 1

Postby JudeMorrigan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:05 pm UTC

bessie wrote: I don’t believe self voting (by Vytron) is a scum tell in itself, and this seems to be most of the reason for JudeMorrigan’s suspicion of Vytron.

This is the misreading that I'm talking about. I don't know how you could read my post and come to that conclusion.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby SDK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:02 pm UTC

bessie wrote:I’ve also changed my mind about something else. I support a mass humanity claim.

Why?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

BenM16
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:51 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby BenM16 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:36 pm UTC

So as this is forum mafia does the same thing happened d2 as d1? Or do investigative roles or doctor outs their reports? Or do we just continue scumhunt from yesterday?
Been gone for a long weekend on vacation but it doesn't look like much happened.. :shock:
If so my suspicions.........
SDK
1. Random voted Vytron D1 post number 1
2. When Vytron counter voted he shielded vytron
3. Ended up convincing most people to vote vytron
4. Said his PM had something to do with race, which doesn't make sense for town
5. When Vytron is almost dead asks what will be revealed upon someone's death
6. Woooe Vytron dies and is maf... but is I think a nonhuman character
7. Wants Doc to claim which is a bad bad idea.... but it seems like he's pretty certain he was targeted..
8. Anyone else get the feeling SDK is targeting certain races or fishing for roles?
Just my suspicions but I don't really know, but I find it hard to believe a bus post 1 so im leaning SDK town to indie
Madge
1. The focus was on Vytron and SDK but seems confused
2. Votes for.... dimochka
3. Is suprised that Vytron was scum....
Bessie
1. Talked a lot... given us a lot of reads
2. Voted Vytron for wishy-washy reasons
3. No offense to bessie... But that seemed like a buss
About Vytron's lynch, As I said always I thought he was scum, just not to sure if it was a good idea to lynch him because I thought SDK was third party.

Mpolo, if you have invetigative information I think it would be good probs if you outed that. How is it not useful now?
Be back when less work to do....

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby mpolo » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:38 am UTC

BenM16 wrote:Mpolo, if you have invetigative information I think it would be good probs if you outed that. How is it not useful now?
Be back when less work to do....


There are some results (a cop result of "scum", a lie-detector result of "lie", a tracker of "visited the victim", a watcher of "visited the victim", to some extent roleblocker of "there was no kill after I roleblocked") that are immediately useful for town. There are others (cop result of "town", lie-detector of "truth", tracker of "didn't leave home", watcher of "wasn't visited", doctor of "treated someone who didn't die") that would out the person investigating without providing major utility for town, at least at this point. There are moments where those could become useful — the investigative role is himself in danger of lynching so wants everything on the table, the confirmed/probable townie is about to be lynched, etc. — and the investigator should wait until then. With all that, I actually did not claim investigative information, but just "information", which I judge to be of limited utility for town at this juncture. There is a certain fear of the night-kill, of course, and that might move me to give my information before nightfall anyway, but I'd rather not give it now when it's not helping.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby Madge » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:49 am UTC

SDK wrote:Madge, are you town?


Yes, of course I'm friggin' town. How many times and how many ways do you lot want me to say it??????

Not sure why Spack's asking about my win condition. It's town but not worded in the usual way that town wincons tend to be worded. I assume yours is similar or you wouldn't have asked. FWIW, my role is a normal one. On the subject of SDK's weird doctor request, nothing that would lead credence to some sort of bizarre role that gets told if it's night protected. (But maybe SDK gets told who visits him at night? who knows).

Anyhow: doctor should NOT out themselves, as others have already said. Were I doctor the most I'd do is breadcrumb - but only if I was confident I could do it subtly enough not to be risked - and hope other people call SDK to explain the rules. I am not sure why SDK thinks he's so likely to have been targeted.

To those who are accusing me of buddying Vytron - find a game in the last year where I've wanted to lynch Vytron D1, where I've reacted in any way other than "oh that's Vytron being Vytron how quaint!". He always acts scummy D1 and I've started ignoring it, which is admittedly not the best way to do things.

What I should really do is create a corpus of town / scum text for each player and just do linguistic analysis. I wonder if anyone on a big mafia forum has tried something like that.

SDK wrote:... but if I'm scumSDK then a doctor protect targeting me wouldn't have blocked the nightkill? So no one will claim anything?


scum!SDK has been known to withhold kills before. Would make perfect sense for you to do a gambit like this, perhaps. Or well meaning town SDK might have been protected by the doctor but the kill was blocked by a roleblocker or similar. There's too many variables that unless you have some role that makes perfect sense for this, and I don't think you do, then it's dangerous.

Would also like to know why bessie supports mass humanity claim.

TBH SDK seems scummy out of all this but I would be very unlikely to vote him despite that.

Mpolo has been very quiet, but I'm sure your post just now was very useful to our friend.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby Lawrencelot » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:26 am UTC

Wanted to put more emphasis on my vote for Madge because of the post above, but then I remembered something. As I said a few pages ago somewhere, if we look at the flavour then Madge is likely town. I will only reveal this information if Madge is in danger of being lynched.

Unvote

I'm willing to come back to Madge at a later point in the game, since it is also possible that scum!Madge is using a safeclaim to her advantage, but that would require knowing the flavour. And on page 1 Madge claimed to be flavourblind.

So I will back off from Madge and find scum elsewhere. SDK still looks scummy but now he's also acting weird with the doctor thing. This confuses me.

About the mass humanity claim: although I'm still against it, I would cooperate if we decide to go for it.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby mpolo » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:30 am UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:Wanted to put more emphasis on my vote for Madge because of the post above, but then I remembered something. As I said a few pages ago somewhere, if we look at the flavour then Madge is likely town. I will only reveal this information if Madge is in danger of being lynched.


I couldn't find this, but I guess I will accept that you said it.

I have been uncommonly busy, as some have noted.

People I think are townie: BenM16, Lawrencelot, JudeMorrigan
People who are leaning townie: bessie, SDK
People who are neutral and thus my best scum leads: dimochka, SPACKlick, Madge

more later…
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 1

Postby Lawrencelot » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:19 am UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:
SPACKlick wrote:Also the way madge phrased her claim about not having control over a kill seemed off to me, like she might have a kill she doesn't have control over. Little thing that no-one seems to have hilighted.

Good catch. I've seen the phrase and thought it was off but I didn't interpret it this way. However, the conclusion should be that Madge is town, for flavour reasons that I won't point out.


Apparently it was on the previous page, which seemed like a long time ago.

mpolo wrote:SpackLick: rather active and generally looking good

People who are neutral and thus my best scum leads: dimochka, SPACKlick, Madge

Where did this change mpolo?

Oh yeah dimochka is in this game.
Requesting a prod on dimochka

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 1

Postby SirGabriel » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:21 pm UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:Requesting a prod on dimochka

dimochka has been prodded.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby SDK » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:14 pm UTC

Madge wrote:Yes, of course I'm friggin' town.

I believe you.

I won't be voting Madge today, for reasons.

One question for you though, Madge. If you think I'm scummy, why wouldn't you vote for me?

PS: SK!SDK has withheld kills. I have never withheld a kill as mafia. All you gain is WIFOM, which is not at all worth ignoring your win condition for a night.



SPACKlick, Ben and dimochka are on my list for review. I'll try to get to that today or tomorrow.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 1

Postby SDK » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:29 pm UTC

Actually, that'll probably be Ben... His last post of Day 1 managed to not mention much of anything about both leading wagons (me and Vytron) despite giving a nearly complete reads list - Jude is the only other one left out. That's a very unnatural way to start a reread, leaving the most important players to last. Of course, he never came back to address that.


Ben, I still want you to address these questions.

SDK wrote:Ben, answer my questions directly. Your story is all over the map. You voted for me apparently based on my claim. Then you talk a bit about me pushing for a humanity claim. Then you confirm that you voted me "because of [my] first post where {I} claimed, thereby 'pushing' claiming". Now you say that the "humanity claim has nothing to do with [your] vote on [me]". Just give me a strait, detailed answer on why you voted (and continue to vote).

BenM16 wrote:SDK- So why did u vote Vytron if u read him as town? Just the way you said it made me suspicous with the way you said it.

...

What made you suspicious? Can you link to the post you're talking about there?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby dimochka » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:03 pm UTC

Sorry, I somehow forgot I'm in this game. I'll read and have a detailed post later today.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby bessie » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:45 pm UTC

I was going to reply last night but I fell asleep when I was rereading the thread. I don’t have time to go into a lot of detail, but I will be available tonight if you want to discuss this further.
SDK wrote:
bessie wrote:I’ve also changed my mind about something else. I support a mass humanity claim.

Why?

1. I’ve been thinking about it, because SDK has been so insistent that it important.
SDK wrote:I'm going to drop this push, though. Lawrencelot's list marks it clear that we could well have an all-human scum team. Makes me curious why it's such an important point of my role PM, but we'll see what happens. I didn't think Rumplestiltskin would have been human at the very least.

SDK wrote:
dimochka wrote:Given what we brought up so far, are you still pro humanity claims?

Yes, but not very strongly. For one, it sounds like it's possible for there to be an all-human scum team (though I'm sceptical that that's the case). For two, bessie's point that it could be an anti-town factor is certainly possible (whether that's a lyncher or a hitman or a mafia role that can only hit humans, whatever). I'm 100% sure race will play a role somehow though.

2. The reactions of other players to this topic (I don't have time to go through them all right now).
3. Vytron’s role reveal. His humanity wasn’t mentioned. Why?
4. A closer reading of my own role PM leads me to believe this is important. My race is in my PM. This was not the case with everyone.
mpolo wrote:SDK: I am in general fairly comfortable with him at this point. SpackLick said that he had said that the race claim is relevant per his role, which is at least interesting. Since this is providing me with information I would otherwise not have, it's actually kind of townie, I would think. (checks PM) while I presume to know my race, the PM doesn't say anything specific about it, so yes, it was unknown information.


And in other news...
Lawrencelot wrote:
SPACKlick wrote:Also the way madge phrased her claim about not having control over a kill seemed off to me, like she might have a kill she doesn't have control over. Little thing that no-one seems to have hilighted.

Good catch. I've seen the phrase and thought it was off but I didn't interpret it this way. However, the conclusion should be that Madge is town, for flavour reasons that I won't point out.

If Madge has the power you seem to think she has, then how does she know she wasn’t roleblocked last night?
Madge wrote:For those of you who are wondering, little ol' Madge wasn't roleblocked last night, if that helps, but I don't know anything that's immediately useful.

To me this implies Madge used a power and got a result.

And JudeMorrigan, I’m not ignoring you, I'm late for work. I’ll reply tonight.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 1

Postby mpolo » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:59 pm UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:
mpolo wrote:SpackLick: rather active and generally looking good

People who are neutral and thus my best scum leads: dimochka, SPACKlick, Madge

Where did this change mpolo?


Mostly because he was coming up on a couple of lists of people I'm tending to trust. That's why I left them at neutral, because I wanted to see what I thought myself. With the deadline on Tuesday, I will certainly be able to get some rereading done, at least on those three, but not right at the moment.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby SDK » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:10 pm UTC

Madge wrote:What I should really do is create a corpus of town / scum text for each player and just do linguistic analysis. I wonder if anyone on a big mafia forum has tried something like that.

Out of game
Spoiler:
I know a guy who tried. He never shared the code, but apparently spent many hours trying to make it work. He used about a dozen different players as his initial sample, pulling information on just those players from a dozen different games (where he obviously knew their alignments in each since they were already completed). He managed to tune it to specific players, but was never able to come up with a generic code that would work for everyone. Tuning it a certain way would give a 95% return on one palyer, but be pretty bad at finding scum among the rest. Tune it a different way and you can find someone else, but then your original guy is getting caught only 25% of the time. He eventually abandoned it, probably because he didn't actually play mafia himself - it was just a challenge for him. Either way, he never really succeeded. Maybe you'd have success writing a different code for each player though. ScumVytron.exe go!
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby Madge » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:34 am UTC

SDK wrote:I won't be voting Madge today, for reasons.

One question for you though, Madge. If you think I'm scummy, why wouldn't you vote for me?


For reasons.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

BenM16
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:51 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby BenM16 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:40 am UTC

Can you elaborate Madge?
And SDK look at my post further up and you'll see why I did and still kinda think you are not town. Can you elaborate how i'm not clear or are you just trying to turn the town against me?


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoomFrog and 8 guests