Once Upon a Mafia - Game Over

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby SDK » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:35 pm UTC

Should I just accept that you'll never fully answer my questions, Ben?

BenM16 wrote:I unvoted Madge while I was waiting for your response SDK.

Okay. Why? Were you planning on voting her again?

Repeat: Did you believe her claim at the time?

What response from me would have caused you to vote again, or to keep the unvote?

BenM16 wrote:SPACK has been asking the right questions though he hasn't always been here and so he seems since he needed a replacement a town without much time to play.

Repeat: What do you think of my SPACK case?

BenM16 wrote:Out of all the players Lawrencelot seems scummy because he didn't contribute much d1, hasn't really said a lot apart from the setup (except a bit more today) and was one of the first to join a lynch on Vytron. This is just a FOS.

Your reasoning for suspecting Lawrencelot does not hold up. Maybe you can tell me why you think everyone else is cleared as town based on their interactions with Vytron?

If that's just an FOS, who do you actually think is scum?

Repeat: What didn't you like about bessie's vote on Vytron? You previously said that her interactions with Madge were a concern as well. How?

BenM16 wrote:None of my reasons of voting you day were contradictory. Show me if you think so.

This post has me repeating myself Day 2, asking again for an explanation for your Day 1 vote. I included detail on why it was contradictory. You responded with "look at my post further up and you'll see why I did and still kinda think you are not town". That would be this post, where the only thing you clearly state is "im leaning SDK town to indie". Your reasoning for believing that is not clear at all, with only "Anyone else get the feeling SDK is targeting certain races or fishing for roles?" which again contradicts your previous post saying that the humanity thing had nothing to do with your vote.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby bessie » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:12 pm UTC

If anyone has any questions for me I will do my best to answer them before deadline. I probably won’t have time to check the thread while I’m at work, and I probably won’t get home from work until very close to deadline (Friday evening traffic in The OC is brutal).

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby SirGabriel » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:36 pm UTC

9.5 hours until deadline. Deadline clock

7 alive, 4 votes to hammer

Current votals:
Djehutynakht (2) - SDK, bessie
dimochka (1) - Dr Ug
SDK (1) - dimochka

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby SDK » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:01 pm UTC

Ug.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

BenM16
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:51 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby BenM16 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:58 am UTC

SDK: Yes I would lean to believing her claim. If you had said no that was not your character I would have revoted Madge, and then if she was a town role cop then we could have voted you. If you agreed as you did in a way then unless she was indie or maf name cop (which I didn't thin she was) I would have stayed with my unvote.
You seem to agree with me about SPACK apart from saying that he seemed to buddy almost everyone up with Vytron as scum. I don't really read much into this apart form just speculation, THIS IS MAFIA you know, so we never know who the maf is.
I never said everyone else is clear, just said Lawrencelot looks the least clear.
It seemed to me that Bessie was voting Vytron for basically no reason.
Humanity had nothing to do with my vote, but you told us you had your race in your PM so i was wondering if humanity had something to do with your vote.
Does this finally answer all your questions that seem to always be directed at me :o ?
By the way, Bessie basically just claimed a shapeshifter/werewolf
SDK, if u wanted reasons for me voting u (which I have given multiple times, it is mainly because of your first post of the game.)

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby Dr Ug » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:52 am UTC

So.... I have been away the last few days, but not much seems to have happened.

Lawrencelot has a double vote.
bessie claimed werewolf.
and it seems like we're lynching DJ? It seems like this is purely for lurking (he has a total of 2 posts, one "I'm here" and one "Look lawrencelot has a double vote")

Dim seems to have posted some content while I was away and the dealine is in 15 minutes so I don't have time to read that and digest, so I'll leave that for tomorrow

Unvote

I'd still be happier with an SDK lynch than DJ, but don't want to risk a tie meaning a nonlynch (can't remember what happens with a tie?)

DJ doesn't look like he's contributing much, and although I had a town read on SPACKlick, he's not in my top 3 town, so...

Vote: Djehutynakht
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby bessie » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:54 am UTC

Really, did I claim werewolf? I might be the cricket or the puppet.

If this game doesn’t end, cops should not waste an investigation on me. In case you missed it, I’m a Miller, and you will receive a result of non-town.

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Night 3

Postby SirGabriel » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:03 am UTC

Final votals:
Djehutynakht (3) - SDK, bessie, Dr Ug
SDK (1) - dimochka

Djehutynakht has been lynched.

It is now night. Deadline is 10pm Eastern Time Monday. Deadline clock

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:48 am UTC

The town wakes up to discover that they had killed one of their own.
Djehutynakht was Dr. Frankenstein, Town Doctor with the ability to resurrect a player in certain circumstances.
And another was lost during the night.
SDK is dead. He was Granny, Town Tracker who can smell what species his target is.
The few remaining townspeople must band together to defeat the enemy who hides among them. Will they root out the evil in time, or will the villains win for once?

It is now Day 4. Deadline is 10pm Eastern Time next Monday. Deadline clock

5 alive, 3 votes to hammer

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:29 am UTC

Oh.

Well, that was less than good. I'm surprised SDK was targeted by scum (unless it was a vig kill?) Given he was second lynch option yesterday. I have to say I was half expecting to not be alive this day.

Will we be told if we are at LYLO?

Players left alive:

Dimochka
Lawrencelot
bessie
BenM16
Dr Ug

We have either 1 or 2 (if 2 then it's LYLO) scum left. I find it interesting that all of Ben, bessie and dimocka posted spoilers very close to each other yesterday towards the end of night. This suggests that they were either communicating, or had some other reason to have new information to want to post something in a spoiler. If only that was 2 players then I'd almost be happy to use that to start a lynch on one of you. Problem is it's >3.

So what information did you guys have that made you post a spoiler at end of night?

So either we have a single mafia member (being Regina), or we have an independent Regina with one other mafia member left. Going back on my older notes, I was never really happy with Ben as town, and had him towards my scum list. I wonder if we're reading too much into the whole "cop" result from mpolo.

Note that given we are at LYLO, we should avoid voting early, in case there are actually 2 scum remaining and they can quick-lynch for the win.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:45 am UTC

Despite the town result, I'm almost prepared to say I think Ben is the scum here.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:55 am UTC

Wait. I forgot he claimed Henry. Hmm on second thoughts, I take that last post back.

Ben - did your role give you any extra information overnight?
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:17 am UTC

I'm up for a mass claim now.

Dimochka and bessie: please full claim. If you want, I can claim as well but I would like you to go first.

I don't think Ben is scum. He is the most confirmed of us all, so I suggest he decides the order of claims. Obviously I don't always agree with his judgment but this seems better for town.

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:32 am UTC

I agree with Dim and bessie first.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:29 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Will we be told if we are at LYLO?

No.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby dimochka » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:45 pm UTC

I disagree with this claiming order. And I'm ok with Ben deciding who claims first.

If we have 1 mafia left, I'm pretty sure that I know who it is. If we have two left, I need to think on this further. And it's specifically for this reason that I don't want to claim first, since I'd like to catch scum in a lie.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby dimochka » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:46 pm UTC

I could claim my role but I'd rather not claim my actions first. Although as I said, if Ben wants me to go first, I will.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby bessie » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:50 pm UTC

I’m Red Riding Hood. Did you all miss my cleverly subtle analysis of how the werewolf role might function in the game and my observations of how humanity might be important? I hope you all just missed this post or I am seriously worried about our ability find the remaining scum.

Dr Ug, I have no day or night communication with any other players. I was musing on whom I believe to be the last remaining scum.

Lawrencelot, do you still have a double vote?

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby dimochka » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:08 pm UTC

Interesting that you state so clearly that we have one scum left, when I'm not at all certain of that.

Let's just get this over with. I'm Belle. I have a night action that has proven to be quite valuable. If we're actually down to one scum, I know who it is as a result of my actions (to be more specific due to process of elimination). If we either have two scum on Rumple's team (Regina + Zelena or Regina + Hook or I guess Regina + Cora) then I'm not as certain of the second one but the first still very likely remains.

Anyone have anything interesting to reveal before this? I'd like to hear from Ben as well.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby bessie » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:36 pm UTC

dimochka, my reply to Dr Ug was about the contents of my Gojoe post on Sunday night. When I wrote the Gojoe post, I believed we had one last remaining scum because I still thought Djehutynakht was scum. In my previous post I meant “believed” and not “believe”. I’m not certain we only have one scum remaining.

And right now, I don’t believe anyone is confirmed town.

BenM16
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:51 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby BenM16 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:56 pm UTC

I'm pretty sure we would just have 1 maf left. Dr. Ug can you please claim, and then lawrencelot, and then I will. I will claim but I will wait till afterward, and I have information about last night.

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby Dr Ug » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:24 pm UTC

Before I claim, I would like to hear dimocka's claimed knowledge. I will let Ben decide which of these pieces of information comes out first. I don't think anyone else should claim until this information is given.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby dimochka » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:27 pm UTC

Sure. I'm a roleblocker. I hinted at it during the game.

N1 I blocked Dr Ug (JudeMorrigan). There was no kill, which was a major part of the reason I was suspicious and said roleblocker should block same person again.
N2 I blocked Dr Ug again. There was a kill, which made it less likely that Dr Ug was scum (especially as scum was one player down and we lynched the mirror).

This was by the way why I was asking if anyone redirected me on N2.

N3 I blocked Lawrencelot as the only player on whom I didn't have a real read. Since there was still a kill, I'm much less suspicious of him.

That essentially leaves two players that, barring some strange conditions / redirects / withholding of powers, could be scum. So I definitely don't trust Bessie, and I'm no longer sure if I trust Ben - could be a godfather play here.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby Lawrencelot » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:30 pm UTC

bessie wrote:I’m Red Riding Hood. Did you all miss my cleverly subtle analysis of how the werewolf role might function in the game and my observations of how humanity might be important?
Lawrencelot, do you still have a double vote?

Nah, it became pretty clear, just wanted to pressure you in case you were scum. Plus, I was hoping you would finally claim what your other power is:
bessie wrote: I only investigate as non-town on a night that I use a power

Also yes, I have a double vote today again.

Ben, you forgot to include this power of bessie's and dimochka's power in the ordered list of mass claims but the latter is claimed now. I can also pretend to claim by not revealing everything: I am Prince Charming.

I'll reveal my role after bessie reveals her power and night actions, unless Ben still wants me to claim before bessie because this was not clear.

Belle is an interesting rolename to claim since she is always helping Rumple in the story. Together with the fact that roleblocker is both a town and a mafia role, the same argument that held for Madge can be used on dimochka now.

I was also wondering about Ben being scum. I think Peter Pan got into Henry's body at some point, and he is definitely scum. It'd surprise me if Henry is not in the game but it's a possibility so I'm not sure if semi-clearing Ben was such a wise move.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby dimochka » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:40 pm UTC

I appreciate the outside-the-box thinking, but can you remember a single instance of Belle doing something AGAINST the townspeople (honest question)? Because I can't recall any at all. I can see the analogy between Regina:Mirror and Rumpel:Belle, but it is not the same relationship. Regina:Robin would be more analogous.

Anyways, I definitely want to hear about bessie's and ben's actions/information since I have now shared everything about my role.

EBWOP: By the way, I could make the exact same analogy about Charming and Snow - they have done a number of evil things in the series. Their end goal may have been good in their eyes, but I can point out instances where they went above and beyond to protect Emma.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

BenM16
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:51 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby BenM16 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:00 am UTC

Well, I know that the mafia from what my role PM said, has an ability to steal someone's heart or something like that, though I'm certain this doesn't mean a simple night kill. Anyone else have any idea what this is?
For claims, I was town universal backup, with an additional power. (won't mention this) So when Mpolo died I became Cop which is why I tried to out myself as bulletproof so I wouldn't be night killed.
Right now, Unless stealing someone's heart means stealing their vote, I think:
Lawrencelot is Town, plain and simple (due to his double vote which would never be given to maf by mod)
Dr. Ug is townish. (good towny posts, right questions, and right post.)
Dimochka is town to neutral. (kinda lurking, but more later)
Bessie is neutral to scum. (more later)
Last night I visited DImochka and got a town result. (from my cop power.) Due to this we are left with a couple possible maf.
1. Bessie is maf. Explains the miller claim and shapeshifter claim, though they've been playing pretty towny. (likely)
2. Dimochka is lurking godfather maf. (50/50)
3. Dr Ug is a really really good maf. (Unlikely)
Bessie, can you please tell us what your role did at all?
FOS:Bessie, Until she claims.
Lawrencelot what is your opinion between these three?
Dr. Ug, can you please fully claim?

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby bessie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:25 am UTC

Lawrencelot, I don’t have another power. I’m the town vigilante. I used my power last night and I was either roleblocked or redirected. I was hoping to hear from our redirector, but the redirector might be scum anyway.

dimochka wrote:N3 I blocked Lawrencelot as the only player on whom I didn't have a real read. Since there was still a kill, I'm much less suspicious of him.

I’m suspicious of this statement by dimochka. I think I was pretty obvious that I had a kill and I was going to use it N3.
bessie wrote:I only investigate as non-town on a night that I use a power.

bessie wrote:If this game doesn’t end, cops should not waste an investigation on me. In case you missed it, I’m a Miller, and you will receive a result of non-town.

Since dimochka is familiar with the flavor, I doubt he missed my thinly disguised werewolf claim. And I believe dimochka is much too good of a player to have overlooked my hint blatantly obvious statement that I was going to use a power N3.

dimochka wrote:N1 I blocked Dr Ug (JudeMorrigan). There was no kill, which was a major part of the reason I was suspicious and said roleblocker should block same person again.
N2 I blocked Dr Ug again. There was a kill, which made it less likely that Dr Ug was scum (especially as scum was one player down and we lynched the mirror).

D3 Ben claimed to be bulletproof. Scum may have tried to kill him N1. Or the redirector redirected the real mafia kill to Ben and that’s why it failed (never mind, the redirector targeted SDK on N1). And dimochka, what makes you so sure the redirector is town? Maybe a scum redirector targeted you N2 and didn’t claim (this could be true if we have two scum remaining). As I was typing this post, I started thinking about Ben’s claim, and I think that I don’t believe it.

Some more outside-the-box thinking, because I’m running low on stuff to discuss while we wait for Dr Ug and Ben to claim. And Dr Ug has been resisting pretty strongly so we may be waiting a couple more days. Henry would be a very bold safe claim for scum, but is it possible Regina knows Henry isn’t in the game? I would like the opinion of our experienced mods.

I’ve been working on this post on and off for about an hour and a half, and now I’m even more convinced Ben is lying about his power, for reasons. Ben, I think it is time for you to claim something.

Ninja’d by Ben.

Ben, I’m very suspicious that you claim to know one of the mafia powers. If you inherited mpolo’s role, who did you target N2?
BenM16 wrote:3. Dr Ug is a really really good maf. (Unlikely)

Why is this unlikely? I think this a good possibility.

Maybe more later, after I think about Ben's post for a while. Dr Ug, your turn.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby Lawrencelot » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:30 am UTC

So Bessie is a miller and a vig. Bessie who did you target each night? Can you use your power only once? You tried to kill me didn't you :shock:

@Ben: Stealing someone's heart is the main way Regina kills people. Sometimes she has special purposes with the heart but usually she just stores them somewhere, so I think this is just the mafia nightkill and Regina is mafia. Maybe the mod would answer if you ask them if it means a simple nightkill or not. Or maybe you are Regina and know this already? I'm not sure if and when Henry knows this, and I'm lazy so could someone else check this for me?

Okay for my sanity I'm going to assume Ben is town (at least until I actually plan to vote). Then dimochka is town or godfather. If dimochka is town, bessie is scum.

Dr Ug doesn't need to claim, I'll do it for him. He's Snow White, my mason buddy, unnightkillable while Red Riding Hood lives. Because of this we assumed that Red is in the game, but it might be a red herring. I am a mason too obviously, and I get a 1-shot nightkill immunity and a double vote when Emma dies.

Now we have two people who are as good as clear (me and Dr Ug as soon as he confirms my story), and Ben is still semi-clear as it is still unlikely that Henry is not in the game.

If Bessie targeted me last night and so did dimochka, then dimochka is indeed a roleblocker but not necessarily town.

Unsolved mystery #1: why was there no kill N1?
Unsolved mystery #2: why is everyone talking about a redirector as though it's obvious we have one?
Unsolved mystery #3: who killed SDK?

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby Dr Ug » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:32 am UTC

Sorry post to confirm what lawrencelot said. I am who he said I am.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby bessie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:47 pm UTC

Lawrencelot, I believe your claim because I had a town read on you from the beginning of the game, and because I can’t think of any way your claim can be a lie. It’s very unlikely you and Dr Ug are both mafia.

I do have another power but I forgot about it when I said this.
bessie wrote:Lawrencelot, I don’t have another power. I’m the town vigilante. I used my power last night and I was either roleblocked or redirected. I was hoping to hear from our redirector, but the redirector might be scum anyway.

I was unNKable on N3. I only thought about it when I was writing my bit on Ben, that’s why I said this.

bessie wrote:As I was typing this post, I started thinking about Ben’s claim, and I think that I don’t believe it.

The reason I doubted his claim is because I thought two bulletproof townies was a lot for this game, even though I was only bulletproof one night. But if you’re telling the truth it looks like half the town has at least some NK protection.

I targeted dimochka on N3 with what was supposed to be an unblockable kill. So he’s bulletproof to unblockable kills or my kill was redirected to someone else, possibly SDK.

All my powers are tied to the full moon. I’m vanilla until next month. I’m also only a miller during the full moon. If anyone investigated me, the result should be N1 and N2 town, N3 non-town.

We’re talking about a redirector because SDK was sure his N1 investigation was redirected.

Lawrencelot wrote:Then dimochka is town or godfather.

Why is dimochka a Godfather? I believe this may be true, but I want to know why you think this. Do you or Dr Ug have an investigation result on him? And as a reminder, I have stated many times that I believe scum is at least part Godfather, specifically when they perform a kill or use a power, and possibly related to non-human form.
bessie wrote:I believe that the anti town factions are non human, or at least they are non human when they use a power or a kill.

bessie wrote:SDK, you brought up the possibility of a Godfather in the game. I have reason to believe we have characters with Godfather aspects. I’ve hinted at this before (I don’t have time right now but will dig this up if requested). I think Vytron was a part or full Godfather. And the reason I believe this is because I am part Miller.

And many other quotes. See also SDK's role description.

BenM16
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:51 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby BenM16 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:10 pm UTC

I said earlier that I visited dim and got town. So either Bessie is normal maf, or dim is godfather maf.

BenM16
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:51 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby BenM16 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:13 pm UTC

I was told in my role PM, that I was henry, the heart of the town basically, and as such my heart cannot be stolen by maf. That is why I'm pretty sure this is something other than a night kill. Maybe heart being stolen means the mafia control your night actions, redirecting them?
Bessie, I wasn't cop during n2.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby Lawrencelot » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:34 pm UTC

bessie wrote:All my powers are tied to the full moon. I’m vanilla until next month. I’m also only a miller during the full moon. If anyone investigated me, the result should be N1 and N2 town, N3 non-town.

When is it full moon?

We’re talking about a redirector because SDK was sure his N1 investigation was redirected.

Oh ok I've missed that.

BenM16 wrote:I was told in my role PM, that I was henry, the heart of the town basically, and as such my heart cannot be stolen by maf. That is why I'm pretty sure this is something other than a night kill. Maybe heart being stolen means the mafia control your night actions, redirecting them?
Bessie, I wasn't cop during n2.

In that case, I think your fake claim of being bulletproof was actually true. It makes sense: if Regina controls the main mafia kill, and she normally kills by ripping hearts out, but she never hurts her son Henry, then Henry being bulletproof makes sense.

And if you are bulletproof, I'm more sure that Red might not be in the game, or we would have a lot of bulletproofs. Which means bessie is lying. But I think dimochka is scummier. So I'm still torn on this one. Could dimochka and bessie both be scum?

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby dimochka » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:45 pm UTC

Bessie - You keep mentioning the part about people being shown as mafia or non-human only when they use their actions. But I claimed that I used an action well before you said that today, and before Ben claimed to have visited me and seen me as town. Sounds somewhat inconsistent to me.

Lawrencelot - were you roleblocked last night? Because if you were then I used an action, and then based on Bessie's rules I should be shown as mafia / non-human. Or am I now a full godfather?

And Bessie - I don't know why, if you targeted me with an unblockable kill, I would not have died. As I already said, there is nothing else in my role about this. So either you're lying or there is indeed a redirector in game.

With that being said - I fully believe that Ben is Henry, BUT that does not mean that Peter Pan couldn't be controlling Henry's body just like he did in the series. And for what it's worth, I could see a Rumple/Peter Pan team much more likely than one of Rumple/Regina.

And finally let me just throw it out there - we could possibly have one mafia and one SK left.

EBWOP (Re:Lawrencelot) - Henry being controlled by Peter Pan shouldn't change that whole heart thing. Also, fake claims could have easily been given out. And how exactly am I scummy? I claimed all my actions before anyone else did.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby bessie » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:58 am UTC

I just got home from work, and it looks like band practice was canceled so my husband actually expects me to pay attention to him! How unreasonable, I thought I would have a night to myself. I promise will make a long post tonight and reply to Lawrencelot, dimochka, and Ben, but I need a few hours. In the meantime, I don’t know if SirGabriel will answer this, but I’ve heard that the only stupid question is the one not asked.

Mod, what was the phase of the moon on N3?

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby SirGabriel » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:19 am UTC

bessie wrote:I’ve heard that the only stupid question is the one not asked.

That is correct.

bessie wrote:Mod, what was the phase of the moon on N3?

No comment.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby bessie » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:12 am UTC

SirGabriel wrote:
bessie wrote:I’ve heard that the only stupid question is the one not asked.

That is correct.

:D !
SirGabriel wrote:
bessie wrote:Mod, what was the phase of the moon on N3?

No comment.

:( !

Well OK, I’m on my own. Stream of consciousness, here’s a summary of everyone’s claims and what I’m thinking right now.

Vytron, Rumplestiltskin, Mafia, various powers (one per night), lynched D1. This must have been a very powerful role. More on this later.

Madge, Magic Mirror, Independent Regina aligned (assumed scum), Name Cop, lynched D2. Claimed she investigated SDK N1 and got a result of Granny.

mpolo, Emma, Town, Cop/Lie Detector, killed N2. Did not make any claims, but there are some breadcrumbs that he investigated Ben N1 and got a result of town.

Djehutynakht/SPACKlick, Dr. Frankenstein, Town, Doctor/Resurrection, lynched D3. I can’t find any breadcrumbs as to who SPACKlick targeted on N1, and DJ didn’t post any actual content on D3 so if he used his power there are no clues.

SDK, Granny, Town, Tracker/Race Cop, killed N3. I think there is some indication SDK targeted Madge on N1. He was ready to believe her town claim but something she said led him to believe she lied, and changed his mind and voted for her. Also, SDK was sure he was redirected on N1.

bessie’s WAG (wild ass guess): SDK was redirected, but it was by Madge. She was a Mirror. My guess is that SDK tracked her N1 and got a result of tracking her to her own house and a result of werewolf, and he believed she was Red. Reminder: SPACKlick pointed out a strange lie detector claim by Madge that she didn’t have control over a kill, and Lawrencelot thought Madge might be Red too. Madge claimed she targeted SDK. It was after her claim that SDK changed his mind on Madge and said she lied, I think because his result didn’t match her claim. That’s when he claimed to have been redirected.

I haven’t figured out who SDK tracked on N2, or if it’s important.

bessie, claimed Red Riding Hood, Town, Vigilante, unblockable and unnightkillable N3. Claimed to target dimochka on N3.

Lawrencelot, claimed Prince Charming, Town, Mason/Double Voter/One-shot NK immunity (after Emma’s death). A quick read of the thread found this. I’ll just leave it here for now.
Lawrencelot wrote:Right, I forgot I have a double vote today.

Unvote

I wasnt told who it came from but I have a pretty good idea about that, which I wont reveal.

Lawrencelot wrote: I am a mason too obviously, and I get a 1-shot nightkill immunity and a double vote when Emma dies.


Dr Ug/JudeMorrigan, claimed Snow White, Town, Mason/Unnightkillable (if Red is alive).

BenM16, claimed Henry, Town, Town Power Backup/Unkillable by Regina (assumed from flavor). Inherited mpolo’s Cop (did you also inherit the lie detector?). Claimed he investigated dimochka N3 and got a result of Town (I missed this earlier). Ben, please answer this.
bessie wrote:
BenM16 wrote:3. Dr Ug is a really really good maf. (Unlikely)

Why is this unlikely? I think this a good possibility.


dimochka, claimed Belle, Town, Roleblocker. Claimed to block Dr Ug N1 and N2. Claimed to block Lawrencelot N3.

Some comments from dimochka’s last post.
dimochka wrote:Bessie - You keep mentioning the part about people being shown as mafia or non-human only when they use their actions. But I claimed that I used an action well before you said that today, and before Ben claimed to have visited me and seen me as town. Sounds somewhat inconsistent to me.

My non-human/non-town theory is not new. I have been saying this for a while. If you want some quotes I can dig them up but really just search my posts and you should come up with many starting very near the beginning of D2. And if you are scum and used a power and investigated as town, then I am wrong, which is a possibility, and I don’t think anyone else ever agreed with me on this either. Or if I’m right then it’s just more evidence that you are town.

dimochka wrote:Lawrencelot - were you roleblocked last night? Because if you were then I used an action, and then based on Bessie's rules I should be shown as mafia / non-human. Or am I now a full godfather?

If dimochka is scum, then he had to use an action, because SDK is dead. Either he killed SDK, or he somehow redirected my kill to SDK. Maybe.

Here’s a question: why is SDK dead? Did scum kill him? Did bessie kill him? And in a related question, what’s the deal with bessie’s unblockable kill? Another WAG from bessie: SDK somehow interfered with my kill. He was Granny, maybe he was trying to give me his cloak or something and I killed him. Or I got the cloak so I didn’t change into a werewolf.

Some general observations.

Town appears to be much overpowered. We had a doctor that can resurrect the dead and four varying bulletproof claims: Lawrencelot (one shot), Snow White (unNKable when Red is alive), bessie (unNKable N3), and Ben (unNKable by Regina).

The scum faction(s) must be powerful to balance all the town kill immunity. Vytron must have had a scum partner, the flavor said he was Mafia. We know Regina is in the game.

Possible scum distribution that might work:
Mafia is Rumplestiltskin and Regina, both very powerful. Magic Mirror becomes full Mafia if she finds Regina, and possibly gains another power.

Rumplestiltskin is Mafia with someone else. Regina is Independent, Magic Mirror is Independent and gains communication with Regina if they locate each other, and they become a second scum team. Regina has a kill (implied by flavor in Henry’s role).

That's all I have for now. I will probably think of something else right after I post this.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby Lawrencelot » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:30 am UTC

dimochka wrote:Lawrencelot - were you roleblocked last night? Because if you were then I used an action, and then based on Bessie's rules I should be shown as mafia / non-human. Or am I now a full godfather?

I have no power that can be roleblocked, so I don't know if the mod would tell me if I was roleblocked. But he didn't.

I thought you were scummy because it took you a while to claim after I asked for it, but you might have been afk. And because you were pretty inactive on previous game days. And because Belle might be aligned with Rumplestiltskin, even though you are right she does nothing against the town. And because bessie just looks a bit more townie than you.

I agree Ben could be Peter Pan.

Let me try this again:
At least one of Ben, dimochka and bessie are town.
If Ben is town, dimochka is town or godfather.
If bessie is town, her unblockable kill on dimochka was blocked, or redirected to SDK.
If bessie is also correct in thinking scum is non-human when using an action, then dimochka is town (is this correct?)
If dimochka is town, then... nothing changes? The N1 kill might have been used on Ben, by Regina, explaining the no kill after blocking Dr Ug.

I don't think there are two scum teams: even with the nightkill immunities, there have been far too few kills. And Regina getting a kill only after Magic Mirror joins does not make sense flavour-wise. So I think that Regina has a standard mafia kill and possibly more powers, while Rumplestiltskin probably has a bunch of useful powers and communicates with Regina. And there might be a fourth non-town, an independent one, but without a kill.

Okay, bessie being town is what makes the least sense. There is no way that dimochka as <Regina with a redirector power if chooses not to kill, if that even exists> would know that someone tried to kill him and chooses to redirect instead of kill. Or that he would be immune to unblockable kills and chooses to kill SDK.
Actually, killing SDK does not make sense anyway, so that does not speak against bessie. Or does it make sense? Dimochka was voting for SDK yesterday. He voted after finding out SDK is granny. Either he is scum and doesn't want anyone to find out he's not human, or scum is trying to frame him by killing SDK. Since dimochka was the first to suggest a mass humanity claim, I think the latter makes more sense.

SDK was suspecting Ben, even after his claim. We should listen to that as well, not because of his role but just because of his thoughts as a town player.

Random idea: what if we no lynch? I can't die tonight so town has an extra vote, so even if one town dies it will be 4 votes vs 1 or 3 votes vs 2, and I don't think there are two scum left who know each other. Another night will certainly give some information.

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:38 am UTC

SirGabriel wrote:The few remaining townspeople must band together to defeat the enemy who hides among them.

Enemy who hides, not enemies who hide. I wonder if mod has let slip that there is only one remaining scum.

At present, I'm leaining towards bessie, but it could easily also be dim. Good things is, unless we have two nightkills less, we lynch one, and if wrong whoever is left alive out of ben, lawrence and me get a second chance tomorrow to lynch the other. Big if though. We may be at LYLO. I'm just hoping we're not.

I have been too busy to pay much attention the last couple of days, and I'm on call over the weekend. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do a proper re-read and post more in the next day or so.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 4

Postby SirGabriel » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:19 pm UTC

Deadline in 2.5 days. Deadline clock

5 alive, 3 votes to hammer

Current votals:
none


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Evil George Washington, plytho and 7 guests