Once Upon a Mafia - Game Over

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby mpolo » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:36 am UTC

So, Madge is looking much better with that last post, and SDK is looking better for the same reason. I believe pretty firmly in Ben. Which is leaving me pretty sparse in the "good lynch targets" category. I promise to find some time to at least come to a conclusion today…
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:08 am UTC

That changes things, a little. Except that I don't think Granny is a particularly major character (being completely flavour blind - can someone with some flavour knowledge confirm this? A quick imdb search says she has been in 44 out of 88 episodes in seasons 1-4), but she wasn't up there in the lists early day 1 (she was No 11 dim's list, and "probably not very important"). Is it a relatively safe claim for scum. Madge also claimed name cop with no name for herself. I sort of want to know her name before I don't lynch her.

Madge - what is the name of your character?

I would expect a name cop to be a fairly major character, and a less-safe thing to claim. She's already outed her PR status (if true), so putting her name out there shouldn't really be any worse. I think madge didn't claim a name on the chance we wouldn't ask for it, and they're hoping to get through today on that claim.

I'm still far from convinced that SDK and madge aren't our remaining scum, and are now frantically trying to avoid a lynch. I also really want to hear back from SDK before I remove my vote.

Also, there is not much time to deadline, and as mpolo pointed out we don't have many other good candidates. I'll try and have a read through to see if anyone else sticks out.

Also, I don't like dim's claim that acting too scummy is a town tell.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:01 am UTC

bessie wrote:If Regina is a witch (I’m not sure she is, flavor check someone?) then it looks to me like she’s human.

Regina is not a witch, but she does know magic. She is human. Her sister Zelena is a witch, and was once human but then she turned green so I guess that might count as non-human? I don't know, as I said earlier it's not clear in the series whether someone is human or not, because of magic and stuff. That, plus everyone being human in one world, is why I think it's not important and we should not focus on it.

I don't trust Madge's claim. As Dr Ug said, why didn't you claim your own name Madge? Granny is indeed not a very major character, I'd put her in the top 20 but not the top 10 of main characters. And what's more important: I think a name cop is a very good and logical role for scum to have. So even if SDK is Granny, this proves nothing about Madge. No need to remove my vote here.

Madge, does your breadcrumb mean you investigated SDK and he was granny?

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:03 am UTC

EBWOP
Lawrencelot wrote:And what's more important: I think a name cop is a very good and logical role for scum to have.

In case this was not clear: I think scum is looking for specific characters to kill, like Emma or Henry, that's why I think a name cop makes sense for scum.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby mpolo » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:52 am UTC

@Lawrencelot: That was actually a good point (name cop being more a scummy role). That would tend to speak well for SDK and not necessarily clear Madge. Which is good for us, because she has looked so scummy up to this point.

I'm going to reread right now (not putting it off any more — I only have a half-hour here…), to see if my opinion of Madge is cemented.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby mpolo » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:07 am UTC

Thankfully, Madge doesn't have as much content as I feared.

My notes:

Spoiler:
Madge: SDK is often right on day one. Claims non-human. Dislikes lie detector, adding a random claim about not having access to a kill. Unlikely that SDK-Vytron both scum. Votes dimochka for low content. Doesn't like Vytron following her. If Vytron is scum, would look hard at SDK. List of mocking 'false' lie-detector phrases. Posts fully standard lie-detector phrases. 'Happy to be wrong' on Vytron (breadcrumb). Has strangely worded win-con. Not voting SDK for 'reasons' (to be fair, SDK is not voting her for 'reasons'). SDK is not lynch-worthy, but not certain town (this after she had a clear town namecop, supposedly). Scum is Ben or Jude (I disagree at least on Ben). Why does bessie want a humanity claim? Doesn't like the reasons, wonders about bessie having an explicit race. Has a 'useful power'. Claims name-cop.


I think she is looking flip-floppy and wishy-washy. She claims to have copped SDK as an almost certain townie, but still tries to keep a little doubt on him, by saying he is not lynch-worthy at the moment, but could still be scum. She is pushing almost exclusively on people I think are town.

As to Granny being there or not, I think that in a closed setup with a whole lot of characters to choose from, the mod is likely to choose a few more minor figures just to keep everyone guessing.

Vote: Madge

I believe that makes three votes on her.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:03 am UTC

mpolo wrote:@Lawrencelot: That was actually a good point (name cop being more a scummy role). That would tend to speak well for SDK and not necessarily clear Madge. Which is good for us, because she has looked so scummy up to this point.
Except that if madge is scum, we probably shouldn't trust the truth of any cop report she claims to have had.

I'm going to wait for madge to tell us her name before I switch my vote to her.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby mpolo » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:47 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:
mpolo wrote:@Lawrencelot: That was actually a good point (name cop being more a scummy role). That would tend to speak well for SDK and not necessarily clear Madge. Which is good for us, because she has looked so scummy up to this point.
Except that if madge is scum, we probably shouldn't trust the truth of any cop report she claims to have had.

I'm going to wait for madge to tell us her name before I switch my vote to her.


You're right. I was thinking SDK could verify the truth of the cop, but we have no reason to believe him, especially if Madge is scum trying to cover a buddy.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby SDK » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:14 pm UTC

Her cop is true. I am Granny. I won't be claiming my role, but that makes me even more sure that Madge is lying about something else. I will not elaborate unless it looks like I need to to get her lynched. She should be lynched without my claim.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:45 pm UTC

Deadline in approximately 10 hours. Deadline clock

9 alive, 5 votes to hammer

Current votals:
Madge (3) - Lawrencelot, SDK, mpolo
SDK (1) - Dr Ug
BenM16 (1) - Madge

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 2

Postby bessie » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:42 am UTC

I believe SDK is Granny.

Madge wrote:I don't care if anyone claims. I've already claimed I'm not human, so I'm not sure what you think I'm afraid of. (Oh? You think that I might be one of three non-humans, and scum!Madge and her two scum!non-human buddies would be exposed? I guess that's a possibility.)

One scum buddy has already been exposed. And yes, I think he had non human phases, depending on what power he used.

bessie wrote:I believe that the anti town factions are non human, or at least they are non human when they use a power or a kill.


Vote: Madge

For reasons.

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Night 2

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:28 am UTC

Final votals:
Madge (4) - Lawrencelot, SDK, mpolo, bessie
SDK (1) - Dr Ug
BenM16 (1) - Madge

Madge has been lynched.

Night 2 deadline is 10pm Eastern Time on Thursday. Deadline clock

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Night 2

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:59 am UTC

Djehutynakht is replacing SPACKlick.

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby SirGabriel » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:20 am UTC

When day breaks, the town hurries to examine Madge's body. They are relieved to find that they killed the most loyal servant of the evil queen.
Madge is Magic Mirror, independent role name cop who wins with Regina.
But their relief turns to horror as they realize who died in the night.
mpolo is dead. He is Emma, Town Cop/Lie Detector.
With their Savior dead, is there any chance of freeing the town from the grip of evil?

It is now Day 3. Deadline is 10pm Eastern Time next Friday.
Last edited by SirGabriel on Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:42 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:10 pm UTC

Vote: SDK

Definitely not believing the claim by madge. SDK was a useless target for her to have made, with SDK a lynch candidate day 1. I just don't believe it. I think SDK is regina.

I'll have a quick look back to see if mpolo breadcrumbed any results.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:26 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:If we think that Pinocchio might be a lie detector, it might be worth giving him some material to work with. For instance, I could say, "I am town". "I am not scum". "I am not independent."

As a couple of people have stated, I'm not sure whether a mass-human claim is useful. Of course, we also don't know if there's a species cop around, either, so that "covering" a possible species miller may or may not have been necessary for SDK (assuming he's telling the truth).

I plan to check in again this afternoon, but will then be offline until Sunday evening or Monday morning.
I hindsight I think this may have been a bit blatant. Perhaps a bit of wine, but for the actual lie detector to suggest this was probably a poor move...
mpolo wrote:Well. That was obviously a good result of the lynch. Perhaps more interesting is the fact that no one died in the night, which would imply either some roleblocking or some doctoring or similar.

I would suggest that if you role-blocked someone, it might be worth giving that information, as it is likely the person carrying out the mafia kill. That modulo mafia being inactive and not sending a result, I suppose.

A doctor has a probable townie as his target, so should keep quiet about it.

What I know from the night isn't helpful at the moment, but could become so later in the day, so I'll hold off until it's actually useful.
not a lot in his first post day 2, including an explicit statement that what he knows wasn't useful.
SDK wrote:
bessie wrote:SDK, do you have anything to claim?

No. Why do you ask?

I do have a request for everyone though:

If you're a doctor and you targeted me, I'd like you to claim as much.

Thanks.
I just came past this post again. It's even scummier on a relook. Definitely ready to lynch SDK today.
mpolo wrote:
BenM16 wrote:Mpolo, if you have invetigative information I think it would be good probs if you outed that. How is it not useful now?
Be back when less work to do....


There are some results (a cop result of "scum", a lie-detector result of "lie", a tracker of "visited the victim", a watcher of "visited the victim", to some extent roleblocker of "there was no kill after I roleblocked") that are immediately useful for town. There are others (cop result of "town", lie-detector of "truth", tracker of "didn't leave home", watcher of "wasn't visited", doctor of "treated someone who didn't die") that would out the person investigating without providing major utility for town, at least at this point. There are moments where those could become useful — the investigative role is himself in danger of lynching so wants everything on the table, the confirmed/probable townie is about to be lynched, etc. — and the investigator should wait until then. With all that, I actually did not claim investigative information, but just "information", which I judge to be of limited utility for town at this juncture. There is a certain fear of the night-kill, of course, and that might move me to give my information before nightfall anyway, but I'd rather not give it now when it's not helping.
when I started reading this post again, I thought the breadcrumb was coming here. I think if I was scum I'd definitely have been thinking mpolo was a cop of some sort by this point, and am not surprised about the kill. Although I didn't pick it at the time, on a read through (with hind sight admittedly) it seems a bit obvious. I can't find a breadcrumb in here though.
mpolo wrote:
Lawrencelot wrote:
mpolo wrote:SpackLick: rather active and generally looking good

People who are neutral and thus my best scum leads: dimochka, SPACKlick, Madge

Where did this change mpolo?


Mostly because he was coming up on a couple of lists of people I'm tending to trust. That's why I left them at neutral, because I wanted to see what I thought myself. With the deadline on Tuesday, I will certainly be able to get some rereading done, at least on those three, but not right at the moment.
again, another opportunity for crumbing, but the post they're talking about was from day 1, so I don't think it means much?

mpolo then did an analysis of SPACKlick and thought town, dimochka and was suspicious for targeting SDK,
mpolo wrote:Not a whole lot to go on. Another person concentrating on SDK, whom I had almost decided to be townie by this point. Flips a bit on humanity claim. Hmmm.
mpolo wrote:Well, I didn't get a lot of new time today. Hopefully tomorrow is better. In any case, the latest discussion has me wondering more and more about my trust of SDK. Madge was on my watch list anyway. So my vote is probably going to go that way. I feel pretty certain that Ben is newbie town (and not newbie scum).
these two are contradictory about SDK, so I don't think that was a crumb. I guess the Ben comment could be a crumbed "town" result.
mpolo wrote:
dimochka wrote:I don't think voting for Madge is the right thing to do. Looking at her posts:

first she apologizes for being wrong about vytron and claims to not have been blocked. I don't really see a reason for claiming as scum unless it's a really strong role (with some kind of shapeshifting to prevent copping)?

Then there's the interaction with SDK which is definitely weird. She refused to vote for SDK but also didn't give a reason. That's very strange to me.

And finally the humanity discussion with Bessie (and I think this is not actually useful for us and probably doesn't affect town much, though I could imagine a lyncher for a specific role that is using this to better guess his/her target)

In short I think Madge is saying too many weird things to actually be scum :?


So as to do something productive (since it looks like I'm going to have to put off my read a bit longer), this really seems to be linking dimochka and Madge. Pointing out the scummy things and saying that she is too scummy to be scum? All these points look scummy on Madge, and I don't really see being too scummy as a reason not to vote her. But, I think I'm going to have some time to read this evening, so I'll keep holding off.
I remember agreeing with this post at the time. Dim is slowly moving towards the scum end of my spectrum. No real crumb here as far as I can see, however. This followed by the cop claim of madge and voting etc.

So the closest I can see to a crumbed result is Ben being newbie town. But even that's possibly drawing at straws.

I want a bit more posting from dim, as he looked more scummy on that readthrough to me.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby SDK » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:05 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:I just came past this post again. It's even scummier on a relook. Definitely ready to lynch SDK today.

Why is this scummy? As I explained to SPACK, if I'm scum no one will claim anything. What do you think scum!me was trying to get out of that request?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby SDK » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:29 pm UTC

PS: There's a redirector in this game. They targeted me Night 1.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:38 pm UTC

SDK wrote:
Dr Ug wrote:I just came past this post again. It's even scummier on a relook. Definitely ready to lynch SDK today.

Why is this scummy? As I explained to SPACK, if I'm scum no one will claim anything. What do you think scum!me was trying to get out of that request?
Except if you were scum, and maybe knew why the kill didn't go through (and it wasn't a doctor). You were hoping a doctor would claim to have doctored you, therefore making your town claim strong. That's what you'd get out of it as scum.

As town what you'd get out of it was outing a doctor. Which is almost always a bad thing™
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby SDK » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:17 pm UTC

Not if it catches scum in the meantime. Trading a doctor for a mafia member is a good deal. On the flipside, no one claiming to have targeted me cleared people as nonmafia. Or, at least, I thought it did. I was redirected, so my results Night 1 are... less meaningful.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby bessie » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:03 pm UTC

I think that there’s some evidence mpolo investigated BenM16. From his D2 posts:
mpolo wrote:People I think are townie: BenM16, Lawrencelot, JudeMorrigan
People who are leaning townie: bessie, SDK
People who are neutral and thus my best scum leads: dimochka, SPACKlick, Madge

mpolo wrote:I feel pretty certain that Ben is newbie town (and not newbie scum).

mpolo wrote:I believe pretty firmly in Ben.

mpolo wrote:Madge: SDK is often right on day one. Claims non-human. Dislikes lie detector, adding a random claim about not having access to a kill. Unlikely that SDK-Vytron both scum. Votes dimochka for low content. Doesn't like Vytron following her. If Vytron is scum, would look hard at SDK. List of mocking 'false' lie-detector phrases. Posts fully standard lie-detector phrases. 'Happy to be wrong' on Vytron (breadcrumb). Has strangely worded win-con. Not voting SDK for 'reasons' (to be fair, SDK is not voting her for 'reasons'). SDK is not lynch-worthy, but not certain town (this after she had a clear town namecop, supposedly). Scum is Ben or Jude (I disagree at least on Ben). Why does bessie want a humanity claim? Doesn't like the reasons, wonders about bessie having an explicit race. Has a 'useful power'. Claims name-cop.

(emphasis is mine in the last quote)

SDK, please explain how the redirector works. You claim to have been targeted N1. Does this mean that, assuming Madge was telling the truth (I’m not saying she was, I’m just trying to understand how the role works), that you’re not really Granny? Or does it mean that you targeted someone N1, let’s use as example mpolo because everyone knows his role, and you didn’t get a result of Emma/Town Cop/lie detector/human/something else that can now be verified by the mod’s reveal?

Dr Ug wrote:Definitely not believing the claim by madge. SDK was a useless target for her to have made, with SDK a lynch candidate day 1. I just don't believe it. I think SDK is regina.

SDK was actually a good target for her. She was looking for Regina.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby SDK » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:57 pm UTC

I agree that Ben is town.

bessie wrote:SDK, please explain how the redirector works. You claim to have been targeted N1. Does this mean that, assuming Madge was telling the truth (I’m not saying she was, I’m just trying to understand how the role works), that you’re not really Granny?

I am Granny.

bessie wrote:Or does it mean that you targeted someone N1, let’s use as example mpolo because everyone knows his role, and you didn’t get a result of Emma/Town Cop/lie detector/human/something else that can now be verified by the mod’s reveal?

Something like that. Don't feel the need to say more quite yet, but I was definitely redirected.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

BenM16
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:51 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby BenM16 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:19 am UTC

So is everyone agreeing that Mpolo softed me? (i.e. am i a clear?)

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby Dr Ug » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:57 am UTC

bessie wrote:
Dr Ug wrote:Definitely not believing the claim by madge. SDK was a useless target for her to have made, with SDK a lynch candidate day 1. I just don't believe it. I think SDK is regina.

SDK was actually a good target for her. She was looking for Regina.
Please elaborate? Are you saying that madge was a mafia supporter, rather than a member of a mafia team with Regina (does this make flavour sense)? We weren't told this piece of information, and I'm a bit disturbed that you have stated it as a known fact. Makes me suspicious that it was a known fact for you, and you forgot we didn't know it.

Unvote
Vote: Bessie
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby Dr Ug » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:01 am UTC

BenM16 wrote:So is everyone agreeing that Mpolo softed me? (i.e. am i a clear?)
Your response to this should be to tell us what you're thinking about people. Atm we have a reason to trust you, that shouldn't mean you shut up and stop talking, it's a reason to talk more. Please tell us what you think about other players.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby Dr Ug » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:13 am UTC

SDK wrote:Not if it catches scum in the meantime. Trading a doctor for a mafia member is a good deal. On the flipside, no one claiming to have targeted me cleared people as nonmafia. Or, at least, I thought it did. I was redirected, so my results Night 1 are... less meaningful.
????

So let's say (and I'm not) I was a doctor and I targeted you. I claim that, how do we get from that (me outed as a doctor and probably NK'd that night) to lynching a mafia. Also how does the fact that no one claimed clear "people", and who are these "people"?

Unvote
FoS: bessie
Vote: SDK
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby SDK » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:40 am UTC

No comment.

Madge was independent. Are you thinking she was actually part of a second mafia team (presumably with Regina)? How does that make sense considering her wincon? I think it's a pretty safe bet that Madge was essentially a Survivor with restrictions.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby Lawrencelot » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:35 pm UTC

I was also wondering how bessie knew Madge was looking for Regina and how SDK knew she was independent, but the latter was just revealed by the mod. And an independent role cop who wins with Regina is indeed probably looking for Regina. Bessie is asking some good questions and looks pretty townie to me atm.

SDK is acting very mysterious, but if he's making all of this up he's going to have a hard time as scum. So I'm also a bit less sure about him now. At least bessie and SDK are probably not scum together.

Ben is a bit too eager to be called town. But the breadcrumbs make sense.

Dr Ug really looks to be investigating, and doesn't seem to fake anything.

This leaves me with dimochka and Djehutynakht. Spacklick always looked very townie to me, so dimochka is a top candidate. I hope I get the time to reread his posts soon, but I'm going abroad next week and don't know yet how much time I'll have.

SDK, I'd like to ask you if you want to consider claiming. Your information is useless it seems, but you have been confusing me a lot this game so everything you know might clear things up. Plus, if your information is not worth as much you are probably also not that big of a target atm.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby SDK » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:57 pm UTC

I have considered it. I think it's not worth it at this time. I will do so if I need to (for example, if I'm going to be lynched), but it's a pretty valuable ability that becomes a bit less so if I claim.

Hmm, or maybe not. Now that I think about it, maybe it would be easier. I'll consider it. It might not hurt, but it also doesn't help, so...
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby bessie » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:35 pm UTC

SirGabriel wrote:Madge is Magic Mirror, independent role cop who wins with Regina.

I read this as an independent looking for Regina, because I misread “role cop” as “name cop”. Madge had claimed name cop, and name cop would make more sense if she was looking for Regina. I’m not sure if the difference is important.

Ben, there’s some possible breadcrumbs mpolo copped you as town N1. Does anyone want to claim anything that would throw doubt on this? Ben, I would like your reads on other players.

SDK, do you still believe humanity will somehow play an important part in this game?

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby Dr Ug » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:51 am UTC

bessie wrote:
SirGabriel wrote:Madge is Magic Mirror, independent role cop who wins with Regina.

I read this as an independent looking for Regina, because I misread “role cop” as “name cop”. Madge had claimed name cop, and name cop would make more sense if she was looking for Regina. I’m not sure if the difference is important.

Ben, there’s some possible breadcrumbs mpolo copped you as town N1. Does anyone want to claim anything that would throw doubt on this? Ben, I would like your reads on other players.

SDK, do you still believe humanity will somehow play an important part in this game?
Somehow I missed the independant part of his role, just the "wins with Regina".

UnFoS: bessie

Presumably this equates to scum supporter. Scum supporter name cop is a role I have used in games before (HP Mafire I think). Sometimes they gain full scum powers once they find the one they're looking for.

Dim is being a little too quiet for my liking whilst the focus is off him and on SDK. You need to post more.

Also we have had surprisingly few deaths for how many anti-town factions there appear to be (Do we think regina fits as being scum with Rumplestiltskin? or is she more likely to be her own faction?).

I am still suspicious of SDK, but he at least is being vocal, giving us information. This is not the case for others who need to up their activity.

Unvote
Vote: dimochka
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby SirGabriel » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:58 am UTC

bessie wrote:
SirGabriel wrote:Madge is Magic Mirror, independent role cop who wins with Regina.

I read this as an independent looking for Regina, because I misread “role cop” as “name cop”. Madge had claimed name cop, and name cop would make more sense if she was looking for Regina. I’m not sure if the difference is important.

I thought role cop and name cop were synonymous, I apologize if I was mistaken. Madge's ability told her the role name of her target.

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby Dr Ug » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:00 am UTC

If she targeted herself and was a name cop, she'd get back "Magic mirror", if she was a role cop, she'd get back "role cop".
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby SirGabriel » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:45 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:If she targeted herself and was a name cop, she'd get back "Magic mirror", if she was a role cop, she'd get back "role cop".

Thank you.

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby SirGabriel » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:41 pm UTC

In case it was unclear, Madge is a name cop, not a role cop.

5.5 days until deadline. Deadline clock

7 alive, 4 votes to hammer

Current votals:
dimochka (1) - Dr Ug

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby SDK » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:25 pm UTC

bessie wrote:SDK, do you still believe humanity will somehow play an important part in this game?

Yes. But remind me, was Regina one of those who was for sure a bad guy? If so, maybe it doesn't play the role I assumed?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

BenM16
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:51 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby BenM16 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:44 pm UTC

Regina is for sure a bad guy. As this is based on a TV show with certain main character who must be in it, I would like everyone to claim their CHARACTER. This is because certain characters like Prince Charming, Snow White, and Henry are town that must be (I hope) in the game so if those players claim and are uncced we have a few clears. Besides we only have 1 or 2 anti towns left. PLEASE claim with just your character name PLEASE

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby bessie » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:01 pm UTC

Dr Ug’s discussion on Madge’s role has me thinking about it. When I read her win condition, that Madge wins with Regina, I assumed Regina was mafia. But then why wasn’t Madge’s win condition that she wins with mafia? Does anyone think it’s possible that Regina is independent, maybe serial killer? Then we possibly have one more mafia member and an anti-town independent. That seems like a lot of scum for a 10 player game, but only two of them know each other, so maybe not.

SDK wrote:
bessie wrote:SDK, do you still believe humanity will somehow play an important part in this game?

Yes. But remind me, was Regina one of those who was for sure a bad guy? If so, maybe it doesn't play the role I assumed?

From what I’ve read on the Wikipedia page and from discussion in this thread, I believe Regina is anti-town, but I’m not positive. Why does it matter if Regina is a bad guy? Is it because Regina is human (is she always human or does she have a non human aspect like a shape shifter ability)? Flavor check someone?

Ninja’d by Ben.

BenM16, I don’t think name claiming is a good idea. I suggest everyone claim if they’re human. And Ben, can we have some reads?

BenM16
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:51 am UTC

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby BenM16 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:09 pm UTC

U only dont want to name your character if u know u will have to make one up.
My reads? I'll go in detail later but
Dr. Ug (towny, talks a lot, asks the right questions)
Spacklick and his replacement (seems towny, hasn't said much at all)

Lawr and Dimcohka (I want more info, neutral to me)
SDK (Not sure now,... leaning town but still think hes an indie)
Bessie (U are my number one suspicion as mafia, probs regina)
Can all the town pls claim character name as that will give us at least one or two clears
This is because certain characters like Prince Charming, Snow White, and Henry are town that must be (I hope) in the game so if those players claim and are uncced we have a few clears

CLAIM NAME
?What does Ninja'd mean?

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Once Upon a Mafia - Day 3

Postby bessie » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:14 pm UTC

BenM16, ninja'd means that you made a post while I was composing a post. In my post, I asked a question about Regina, and you made a post that partially answered the question before I posted mine, so it looks like I'm ignoring your post, when in reality I just didn't see it.

BenM16 wrote:U only dont want to name your character if u know u will have to make one up.

Not true. I don't want scum to know the name of my character yet.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ConMan and 6 guests