Deathless Mafia - GAME CANCELLED!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

patzer

Re: Deathless Mafia - Day four

Postby patzer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:46 am UTC

oh, also

Vytron, who did you target last night?
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:12 am UTC

OK, who spilled all the wine?

What a pack of nonsense. Can I at least be trusted as Town, now? Or are we locked into a cycle of "Oh My God MASSIVE SCUMSLIP!!!11!"?

frogman, you're not getting lynched. The shrink is gone, I suspect the cult is almost gone or heavily infected. Your only hope for any kind of win is with Town. Town won't lynch you while you're Town. There aren't enough Cult to bother clearing you and then culting you, especially when clearing you means you might snatch victory. Zombies won't lynch you because your Town win condition is much more beatable than your probe-all-living-humans win condition.

So please play with Town, and tells us who you probed, who you redirected, and which probes are still working.

I have a bunch of suspicions. There's a lot of running around pointing fingers. Ug is pretty much claiming zombie (I was the shrink and lynch victim, frogman got recruited by masons, shrink lynch and mason recruit are the only way of clearing Cult status and moving someone to Town... but infection makes him no longer Cult and stacks up another penalty point). Vytron's posting nonsense. I'd like frogman to answer my questions before I decide who I'm going after.
Unstoppable force of nature. That means she/her/hers.
Has committed an act of treason.

patzer

Postby patzer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:49 am UTC

Echo244 wrote:Ug is pretty much claiming zombie (I was the shrink and lynch victim, frogman got recruited by masons, shrink lynch and mason recruit are the only way of clearing Cult status and moving someone to Town... but infection makes him no longer Cult and stacks up another penalty point).

Possible, but it seems more plausible that he's still Cultist and just trying to muddy the waters.

Echo244 wrote:What a pack of nonsense. Can I at least be trusted as Town, now? Or are we locked into a cycle of "Oh My God MASSIVE SCUMSLIP!!!11!"?

Of course we now know that both you and Vytron are town (unless my doctoring of Vytron was redirected)

The question is, who used to be the zombie? We have no way of knowing that.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:17 am UTC

<Sigh>

My suspicion is that you have been probed, and redirected. You're a golden target for an Alien looking to win by taking out the doctor and making her self-heal until everyone else is a zombie. My appeal to frogman is to play to win as town (nobody but cult is going to de-masonise him, and cult have bigger problems), and tell us what he's done. What we know of other people's actions, so far, is that frogman could very well have probed you D1, unless Vytron bit him to block his power.

Vytron is either still a zombie, or if he bit frogman D1, then you're still able to correctly target, he got cured last night, but also recruited by cult. Or he's just full of enough manure to grow fabulous roses across the entirety of Wales.

I support lynching Vytron. Because he's either the lead zombie and *still* the lead zombie, or because he's cult.

Dr Ug is also either cult or zombie, but has been racking up penalty points so is a later lynch target.

Vote: Vytron

We need the info of who he bit. So if Vytron is town, it's time for him to tell us (and even if he does give us info, I want to hear from frogman, we might want to lynch Vytron anyway). If he doesn't tell us, and plays at being the Shrink, we need to lynch him.

If anybody at this point is remotely buying Vytron as Shrink, please say so.

Town should vote for Vytron because he's a goddamn zombie.
Cult should vote for Vytron because he's a goddamn zombie.
Zombies should vote for Vytron because he's the goddamn first zombie and needs some penalty points.

patzer

Postby patzer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:06 pm UTC

Echo244 wrote:My suspicion is that you have been probed, and redirected. You're a golden target for an Alien looking to win by taking out the doctor and making her self-heal until everyone else is a zombie.

Frogman knew that maident would probably recruit him; he would not want this to happen. Surely he would have redirected maident, not me?

hmm, the alien's win condition is "You win when all humans have been probed and there is at least 1 human." I guess that strategy would work, then...

Well then. If he did target me, Vytron's still a zombie. :(

If anybody at this point is remotely buying Vytron as Shrink, please say so.

At this point? I won't rule out the possibility that he was the shrink, but it's unlikely. I think you're telling the truth, sadly.

Question is, should we go for a guaranteed cultist lynch, or a possible zombie lynch?
Zombies are the greater threat at the moment, I guess.

I'm still leaning towards lynching Ug, because it's a guaranteed lynch of someone that's anti-town, but a Vytron lynch wouldn't be too bad.

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:39 pm UTC

The alien can only redirect people who've been probed. The alien can only *set* probes on a night when nobody targets them.

N1, everyone but Vytron, who is a zombie, was targeting someone other than frogman. So, unless Vytron bit frogman, someone got probed. You, as non-counter-claimed doctor, were the ideal probe target.

N2, frogman lynched, no probes. I don't know if the lynch stopped him redirecting you, but you self-doctored this night anyway which is what he would have wanted.

N3, frogman recruited by maident, no probes. Possible redirection of doctoring.

So he can't redirect anyone else's powers but those of the one person he probed N1, which is almost certainly you. Given that maident *did* recruit him, it seems like we can rule out her status as probed.

This is why I'm asking him for information, and trying to convince him to win with town, because it's not in anyone's interest to turn him back. Well, maybe Cult, but if they're getting infected by zombies they've got bigger fish to fry.

Vytron is a guaranteed zombie. We need to lynch Vytron. The spread of infection from all the people he's bitten will stomp all over the cult while we're chasing zombies. That's the best chance for town to win at this point. The only chance, really, while we're chasing zombies.

"Arranging for me to have my zombie-buddies bite me again" is so full of manure. Switching sides and then switching back is 2 penalty points. Heck, that's what Dr Ug is claiming (though I think he's really gone town->cult->zombie). That's why Vytron is trying to avoid being lynched. So please, everyone, can we just lynch him?

patzer

Postby patzer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:51 pm UTC

Sure. I'm not convinced that frogman will have redirected me, but there's a decent chance that that happened. You're right, this seems like the best available option

Lawrencelot

Re: Deathless Mafia - NEW D1!

Postby Lawrencelot » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:45 pm UTC

Current votes
Dr Ug (2): Vytron, maident
Vytron (2): Echo244, patzer
frogman (1): frogman
maident (1): Dr Ug

Not voting (1): SirGabriel
4 votes required to lynch.
Deadline: Wednesday, 20:00h GMT. (2 days and 6:15 hours)

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:25 pm UTC

I'd prefer maident, but prefer Vytron over me.

Unvote maident

that's hammer -1
Where did my old signature go? :(

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:11 pm UTC

Why not.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:30 pm UTC

End of Day 4 votes
Vytron (4): Echo244, patzer, Dr Ug, SirGabriel
Dr Ug (2): Vytron, maident
frogman (1): frogman

Not voting (0):

Vytron has been lynched!

It is now Night 4. Processing actions...

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:45 pm UTC

There was nowhere to run. Vytron had his back against the edge of a cliff, and in front of him was an angry crowd. They think Vytron has nothing good in store for them. Before Vytron could defend himself, he was pushed over the edge. The town members looked for the stranger they expected to arrive. "Let me guess... your name is Vytron?". The newcomer nodded, and the town knew they would have to make a tough decision once more.

Vytron is now vanilla town.

All role pms have been sent. If you haven't received a pm, nothing has changed for you.
It is now Day 5. Deadline: Thursday, 20:00h GMT.

Echo244

Re: Deathless Mafia - Day five

Postby Echo244 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:50 pm UTC

Hey! How come he got death flavour and I didn't?

Anyway. frogman still needs to answer my questions. As does Vytron who is now definitely vanilla town. And he'd better not say anything about being an ex-Shrink.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:56 pm UTC

Echo244 wrote:Hey! How come he got death flavour and I didn't?

Sorry about that, I probably forgot. I've edited in an extra epic lynch scene for you.

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:02 pm UTC

Yay!

<Hugs Lawrencelot>

maident

Postby maident » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:00 pm UTC

Unfortunately I did not get the doc recruited; I think cult might've tried for Patzer too.

Looking over the wine, I think we need to hear from Vytron and Frogman (again).

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:44 pm UTC

maident wrote:Unfortunately I did not get the doc recruited; I think cult might've tried for Patzer too I was no longer mason due to my zombification.
Vote: maident

patzer

Postby patzer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:44 pm UTC

Hmm.

SirGabriel posted for the first time in a week, to write a very short post and hammer Vytron.

That's kind of suspicious.

maident wrote:Looking over the wine, I think we need to hear from Vytron and Frogman (again).

This.

Also will be interesting to hear from Dr Ug.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:24 pm UTC

Sorry, I don't like trying to do analysis from my phone. I've been away for a few days, and the internet in my house is having issues. But I agreed with Echo's argument. Also, if I'm not mistaken, doctor (who had no reason not to put their target in right away, since it was an even-numbered night) is the only remaining town power role. As long as patzer got her target in on time, ending the day early can only help town.

Also, their are so many things going on in this game that it's hard to keep track. Can someone post a summary of everyone's claimed roles and targets?

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:49 pm UTC

Echo244 wrote:"Arranging for me to have my zombie-buddies bite me again" is so full of manure. Switching sides and then switching back is 2 penalty points. Heck, that's what Dr Ug is claiming (though I think he's really gone town->cult->zombie). That's why Vytron is trying to avoid being lynched. So please, everyone, can we just lynch him?

Then YOU stop doing whatever you're doing!

I was the shrink, and now I'm vanilla town. Whoever thought making me lose my powers was a good idea, please explain how this helped us?

I don't know how to deal with this anymore, it seems ex-zombie Echo244 now vanilla town (or, now cult? now-zombie? how does that work) had some agenda to get me lynched, and it's so good to convince other people about who to lynch that other arguments fall to he side and are useless.

So, huh, I guess, if we're going to argue and Echo is going to win the argument anyway, oh, please tell us, oh great Echo, who should we lynch now? I'll sincerely will vote with you :roll:

My only consolation is Echo has a penalty point and I don't, so whatever her agenda is isn't that good :P

patzer wrote:Vytron, who did you target last night?

Did you miss this post? I say it on there...

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:33 am UTC

Oh FFS. Play to your current win condition. Masons please recruit him so he'll actually tell someone who he bit, in case he's playing at "Oh My God I can't say stuff openly in the thread, zombies will hear!!!!111!1!". If we can't chase the infection down from source, Town is doomed, and right now Vytron is messing us around.

Either that or cult, please recruit him, zombies, please bite him, so he stacks up the penalty points. I'd dearly love to lynch him again (Day 4 was SO MUCH FUN) and keep lynching him until he starts telling the truth, but (a) I doubt that would change his behaviour and (b) we need to use the lynch to control the zombie population, and he isn't one any more.

I want to hear from frogman to see if he's still in the masons with maident, and if he's probed/redirected anyone.

patzer

Postby patzer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:25 pm UTC

Yes. :oops:

What do we do from here? The thread is so wine-infested that it's difficult to come up with a plan.

Let's try making a list of players.

maident - mason (0 penalty points).
Dr Ug - probably cult (1 penalty point).
Echo244 - vanilla town (0 penalty points?)
frogman - masonic alien (1 penalty point).
Vytron - vanilla town (1 penalty point?)
SirGavriel - vanilla town (1 penalty point).
patzer - town doctor, 0 penalty points.

This list contains six townies, and is thus obviously optimistic. There will be a few zombies and cultists hidden in there.

maident and frogman, can you confirm that you're both still masons?

We should be wary of the townies with 0 penalty points, as Ug will surely have recruited some of them to join his cult- they're the only potential recruits who wouldn't backstab Ug.

Who is/are the zombie(s)?

Not Vytron or Echo, due to them recently being lynched. Not me- I protect myself. Not frogman, the alien. I'm inclined to believe maident's mason claim, though she could be zombie.
So, SirGabriel and Dr Ug are the possible zombies.

I'm quite suspicious of SirGabriel, but lynching Dr Ug would surely be better for us- if he's not a zombie, he's a cultist. This must be a win-win situation.

Vote: Dr Ug

maident

Postby maident » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:42 pm UTC

Yeah, or Vytron actually shrunk the doc; there's more than one way to have had my action fail.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:45 pm UTC

Echo244 wrote:I'd dearly love to lynch him again (Day 4 was SO MUCH FUN) and keep lynching him until he starts telling the truth

Yeah, that has been in your agenda for really long. I really think that patzer missing my message was critical to my mislynch :(

But I'll still applaud Echo, what with playing against her wincon and telling me to not do that (don't worry, not doing that), this is starting to get funny...

Confirmed cult, what else is there to say?

It's interesting that frogman became some kind of jester, wanting to get lynched to win. Can he even be zombified-culted? Because if so, he's a liability.

frogman

Postby frogman » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:48 pm UTC

I can be culted, yes. I believe I am immune to zombification.
yeah yeah yeah

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:51 pm UTC

Why are you all completely ignoring the fact that maident and frogman refuse to confirm each other's mason-ness? they've been asked 3 times, both have posted.

Maident is a zombie.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:00 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:Frogman didn't deny being masonified by maident so I don't know what Dr Ug is talking about.

I'm quoting myself here, because maident and frogman don't need to do anything, unless frogman explicitly denies the masoning.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:04 pm UTC

Not really. Before I was de-culted, I de-mason'ed frogman. The fact that maident hasn't pointed this out is what confirms him as zombie in my eyes.

patzer

Postby patzer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:42 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Before I was de-culted, I de-mason'ed frogman. The fact that maident hasn't pointed this out is what confirms him as zombie in my eyes.

Hang on, I'm confused now.

According to you, when did you become de-culted, and when did you de-mason frogman?

maident

Postby maident » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:07 am UTC

Dr Ug, I can confirm all you want, but the truth is Frogman has zero motive to do the same even though they are mason alien. Really, I'm just surprised you aren't ratting out your buddies. They most likely have less penalty points than you.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:25 am UTC

Unvote

Okay, I'm confused too, but if Dr Ug is being truthful then he's town now.

But if this is the case... Who did you cult? You know we should lynch you or them. I don't see anything that would convince me that maident is zombie, for instance, why would Echo bite her and so on.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:29 am UTC

All this talk about penalty points, and no one has yet pointed out that none of us can win as long as patzer is town.

Vote: patzer

patzer

Postby patzer » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:48 am UTC

SirGabriel wrote:All this talk about penalty points, and no one has yet pointed out that none of us can win as long as patzer is town.

In case you hadn't noticed, when a townie is lynched they don't get a penalty point. What did you think voting for me would accomplish?

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:49 am UTC

Yeah, Sir, lynching patzer doesn't make him non-town, what are you talking about? o_O

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:56 am UTC

patzer wrote:
SirGabriel wrote:All this talk about penalty points, and no one has yet pointed out that none of us can win as long as patzer is town.

In case you hadn't noticed, when a townie is lynched they don't get a penalty point. What did you think voting for me would accomplish?

Vytron wrote:Yeah, Sir, lynching patzer doesn't make him non-town, what are you talking about? o_O

I am perfectly aware of that. I am also aware that, if patzer has not yet been culted, she probably will never be. Once she's lynched, the zombies can get her.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:18 am UTC

And your point is?

Is it... we throw away one of our own just so they get a penalty point and we can catch up to them? Because, I think winning instead of losing is more important than leveling the penalty points field. After all, I also don't have any penalty points, so I guess you want me lynched too? :roll:

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:25 am UTC

Lynching patzer is only good for zombies, SirUndeadG.

From the lack of confirmation of masonic communication, I think maident is a zombie too.

Zombies are the biggest threat so I'd go for either of them. Ug might still be cult but we can't chase both groups at once any more.

Vytron wrote:But I'll still applaud Echo, what with playing against her wincon and telling me to not do that (don't worry, not doing that), this is starting to get funny...

I get that you think this is funny. But your fun is at my expense. It is beyond frustrating and killing my enjoyment of the game. Yes, I know Mafia is a game about lying, and someone lying when you're telling the truth is very frustrating. Normally, that doesn't last for long, as one of you is swiftly lynched, and either you're spared the frustration through being dead, or you're at least somewhat cleared by the scum flip.

But this is Deathless. Vytron and I have both been lynched, and he still thinks this is funny, but I can't do a single fucking thing without his bullshit counter-claim undermining me *even when we're both Townised*, and it will never fucking end.

I'll play the game to the end, but this part is not fun.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:02 am UTC

Current votes
Dr Ug (2): patzer, maident
patzer (1): SirGabriel
maident (1): Dr Ug

Not voting (3): Echo244, frogman, Vytron

Deadline: Thursday, 20:00h GMT (34 hours).

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:20 pm UTC

SirGabriel wrote:
patzer wrote:

Vytron wrote:Yeah, Sir, lynching patzer doesn't make him non-town, what are you talking about? o_O

I am perfectly aware of that. I am also aware that, if patzer has not yet been culted, she probably will never be. Once she's lynched, the zombies can get her.
WTF? Does that statement make sense to anyone? You're saying we should lynch patzer to make sure the zombies can bite him? I don't get it. Please explain.

patzer

Postby patzer » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:54 pm UTC

patzer wrote:
Dr Ug wrote:Before I was de-culted, I de-mason'ed frogman. The fact that maident hasn't pointed this out is what confirms him as zombie in my eyes.

Hang on, I'm confused now.

According to you, when did you become de-culted, and when did you de-mason frogman?

Ug, could you answer this please? It could be crucial to us working out whether you are cult or not..

On SirGabriel's comments, the idea vaguely makes sense. He wants to throw me to the zombies, so that the townies with penalty points might be able to win once all 0-penalty-point townies have gone.
It's quite obvious that this strategy would benefit the zombies more than anyone else. I'm going to target SirGabriel tonight.

Return to “Mafia”