Dracula hissed as he saw Van Helsing place the Eucharistic wafer in his coffin. He recoiled, drawing his cloak around his body as Jack Seward and Quincey Morris flung holy water in his direction. He could see Arthur Holmwood trying to edge around behind him with another holy wafer. He knew that it was hopeless. They had destroyed all of his resting places in England but one. Stained the soft soil of his homeland with those infernal pieces of bread! He could not chance them finding the last one. He would be helpless. The only option was to retreat. To return back to his castle. There he would be safe. He knew it better than anyone. Had walked those passages over hundreds of years. There he would have the advantage.
What misfortune he had run into encountering this bunch so early in his travels. He had come to prey on a young pretty woman he came across when first arriving on these shores. Lucy Westenra. She was the perfect start to his stay in Britain. But alas! These men she knew! How they came to know of this infernal doctor, this man Van Helsing, who knew his secrets, knew how to stop him, he did not know. How they had come to know Jonathan Harker through Lucy's dearest friend, the other woman, Mina. How Jonathan Harker was still alive! The man was supposed to be dead--or at the very least, Undead. They had stopped him from praying on Ms Westenra. They had tracked him down. Found his hiding places. Uncovered his plans. Hunted him into every corner until now here he was.
"What fools!" Dracula bellowed at them. "What fools to think you can stand against one like me! One who has fought countless battles! One who has gone through the centuries acquiring knowledge and power! Who has defeated Death himself! I will not go down! I shall be victorious!"
With that he turned suddenly and burst out the front door, his cloak billowing up behind him, knocking Holmwood outside. As he bounded down the steps and onto the street, a man grabbed his arm, firmly.
"Sir, I am with Scotland Yard. I demand--"
Dracula turned to him. In his anger and surprise, he had forgotten to conceal himself. Dracula stared at the man, his pointed features twisted into an expression of pure fury, his teeth bared as he hissed, and his eyes blood red. With a superhuman jerk he freed his arm from the man's grasp, pulling the man forward and onto the sidewalk as Dracula made his escape. He was too quick, and before anyone could track him, he was gone.
But that was not the end. Those who had sworn to fight Dracula, who would not be content simply with his flight, would not give up. They followed him. Chasing him across Europe using every resource and every cunning they could to keep on his trail. But Dracula was fast and witty himself. He made it back to his castle, his stronghold, a mere hours before the group pursuing
him arrived. It was night. October. The living gathered on the ground below Castle Dracula.The wind chilled and the leaves of the Transylvanian autumn swirled around them. They looked up at the crumbling ruin as moonbeams shined down upon it, hitting the castle's crumbling walls where it sat looming high above the group, at the edge of a steep cliff.
Three woman had come down to the base of the rock to meet them. It seemed they were keen to seduce the men of the party. Perhaps it was a distraction. It didn't work. The group was hard-gritted and determined to reach their goal. Van Helsing easily deduced the trio as vampiresses. They were quickly dispatched of.
Once again the group turned its attention to the monstrosity on the hill. There, they thought, they could see a man looking down from atop a turret. A man with gleaming, furious red eyes. Waiting, anticipating.
Without further hesitation, they hurried up the cliff.
Some Generic Rules:
2. Please stay on topic.
3. Lurking is discouraged. Please notify the mod if unable to play. Lurkers may be removed or replaced if no response given.
4. If you aren't part of the game, please do not post in the thread.
5. Do not post in this thread during the night.
6. The dead will only be allowed to give a final death post. Me being who I am, I cannot deny any of you a death flavor post. But please, no spoilers.
7. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM. Paraphrasing is fine.
8. You may not edit your posts.
9. You must play to your current win condition.
10. All Pms must be copied to the mod, Djehutynakht, and to the co-mod, Suzaku.
11. All votes, unvotes and question go on a separate line, bolded.
12. Questions may be asked to the mod in public, bolded, or by PM.
13. Deadlines will apply firmly whether a mod calls them or not. A grace period may be retroactively granted. Pure discussion may continue until night is called.
14. No cryptography
15. No self targeting.
Some specific rules and notes:
1. Some elements in this game may or may not be considered by some to be Bastard. I'm not intentionally trying to mess with everyone's heads, but fair warning. There is a possibility that roles or win conditions may change for certain individuals depending on game events. Maybe the only change will be that from alive to dead. Who knows?
2. Lynch ties at deadline will generally result in a small extension, at which time breaking the tie is extremely encouraged, though not mandatory. If it is not broken, no-lynch occurs.