Draculafia! N3 - Nosferatu - GAME OVER - LIVING VICTORY

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

moody7277

Re: Draculafia! D2 - The Undead Dead

Postby moody7277 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:04 pm UTC

Thank you Vytron for forcing an extension, that makes me feel better about your status. On the other hand, threatening me like that makes me think you need to get the straitjacket tonight. The answer dim got is about what anyone would expect. For me to continue about bessie at this point would mean thinking both dim and mpolo are lying, and I'm also leaning on mpolo's word to support my claim of jailer, so I've got to think she clear at this point.

Madge wrote:Not to implicate myself, but I feel I should point out that if moody is a truthful jailer, it doesn't logically follow I'm town; he could just as easily be jailer who saved town!Madge from the kill as jailer who stopped scum!Madge from performing it.

That was pretty much my reasoning going into N1. If you were scum as I figured, I'd stop you from mischief; if in the unlikely event you were town, name recognition would make you a prize target.

Unvote

Vote: jimbobmacdoodle

Not an actual vote since that would tie, but he's my next likely target. If someone wants to do an SDK-level discussion on Misnomer, it might help.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:03 pm UTC

Argh. This is either annoyingly easy (flavor) or annoyingly hard (only recruits).

bessie: remains active in Mason chat, has a cop result on her => TOWN
dimochka: presents cop result that prevents bessie's lynch (in part) => TOWN
Madge: apparently jailed N1, honest about possibilities, even to personal detriment. Some iffy posts earlier in the day. => NEUTRAL-TOWNIE
moody: apparent jailer. I can accept two protective roles if there is a kill (originally 2 kills) and a recruit. => TOWNIE
Vytron: claims vig kill on Dracula, tied vote [saving Misnomer] => NEUTRAL-TOWNIE
Freezeblade: claims tracker. Not a lot of game feel, but flavor feels right => NEUTRAL
jimbobmacadoodle: claims hunter, kill on Dracula. The claim is too audacious to discount, given the time he did it. May still be an independent, though. => TOWNIE-with caveat
Misnomer: claims universal backup. I need to read him more closely, as flavor is tending to make me want to keep voting him. => currently voting him…

I am less sure about my vote now than before, but I don't really see a better place to put it at the moment, either.
Image <-- Evil experiment

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:56 pm UTC

I don't think I have much more to add, and don't really see a reason to move my vote at the moment.

People I think are probably town (loosely in order of townieness):
Jimbobmacdoodle
Bessie (she may have been a good recruit, but I think her behaviour has looked very pro-town today)
Vytron (I don't think SDK would have recruited him for meta reasons)
Madge (I think it's unlikely that moody recruited her, and I doubt she was scum from the beginning - her reactions on D1 struck me as panicking town)
Mpolo (has lots of suspicion on him D1, so could easily have ended up getting lynched today, if not for claims)

People I think might have been a N1 recruit (assuming SDK was a recruiter, and nobody else), loosely in order of decreasing likelihood:
Misnomer (his D1 behaviour seemed different from D2; also did not seem suspected on D1; could also have been scum from start, for flavour reasons)
Dimochka (broadly suspicion free D1; also possibly scum from start; most likely person to have false claimed)
Moody (SDK seems to consider him a solid player from what I've seen, was under no suspicion D1; I suspect if he is scum roleblocker, then we don't have a recruiting scum team - at least any more)
freezeblade (least likely of these 4, but his quietness could be a sole remaining scum trying to avoid notice to allow for a possible night action)

If general opinion swings onto one of my other possible recruit candidates, I could be persuaded to switch my vote onto them, but if scum have a recruit at the moment (i.e. it didn't die with SDK), I think Misnomer is our best target for lynching. I'd tentatively support a Vytron night-kill on one of the other three recruit suspects.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:38 pm UTC

Apologies for the quietness, it was my birthday (30. whoooo) and I was out of town for a long weekend. Involved in that away for the weekend was much drinking and family socializing. I'm happy to keep my vote where it is, as I don't buy jimbob's power claim, it sounds strange and frankly pretty improbable.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:10 am UTC

OK, so I thought moody's post earlier looked a little odd, so I went and did an analysis:

Post analysis: Moody

Day 1:
1. largely irrelevant, states mild suspicion of helpful players. Neutral.
2. votes SirGab, asking for justification of their earlier joke vote. Fine in itself, but the tone strikes me as odd in context. Very mildly suspicious.
3. picks up SirGab on lack of content, pointing out topics for discussion. Certainly good for the game, and slightly townie too.
4. comments on SDK list. analytical but doesn't tell us much. Neutral.
5. picks Madge up on the PM gambit - not much detail in the post so hard to read either way. Neutral.
6. some flavour spec on dracula abilities. Neutral.
7. player analysis post. finds jimbob and vytron townie. States suspicions of freezeblade, madge and mpolo, which strikes me as oddly cautious. Mildly suspicious.
8. continuing suspicions of madge and freezeblade, firmed up this time. Neutral.
9. irrelevant.
10. irrelevant.
11. irrelevant.
12. of the two claims, inclined to disbelieve madge's more. Neutral.
13. self-justification, promise of content to come. Neutral.
14. post analyses of mpolo, bessie and conman. Decides conman scummiest, and votes accordingly. Slightly townie.

D1 summary: neutral - a few glimmers of towniness, a few touches of odd behaviour.

Day 2:
1. suggests game continuity indicates a recruit, goes over d1 behaviour for likely targets. Identifies Bessie as most likely recruit. Also notable for having relegated Madge to ultra-scum. Seems a pretty solid post, leaning town.
2. odd post. Justifies not voting Madge on the grounds that nobody agrees with his suspicions, but also suggests only looking for one recruit, which he knows madge not to be? Either excuse would be fine, but both together doesn't really make sense. Odd, slightly scummy.
3. defends absence of SDK on reads list. Neutral.
4. state of play statement that seems focused a bit too much on self, but followed by a vote for Bessie which make sense on earlier logic. Just about neutral.
5. defends post #14 of the previous day as judging between lynch candidates, not the three most suspicious. Matches reading of the post. Neutral, possibly slightly townie for consistency.
6. opinion list - this was the post that pinged me. Can't understand the 'nothing against him' argument as a reason for 'not going to lynch'. It's simply too strong a sentiment for the context, and looks like an effort to narrow lynch candidates down to bessie, Vytron and Jimbob. This whole post sits really uneasily. FoS
7. insists could not be a recruiter as recruiting powers likely died with Dracula. Unvotes awaiting information. A bit of a defensive post over all - slightly to the scummy side of neutral.
8. rebutting Vytron. Largely defensive but arguments make sense. Neutral.
9. doesn't buy arguments against me (which is nice) but doesn't explain why. States jimbob now number 2 suspect. Says this is in line with previous stated opinions but this is a bit of a stretch. previous statement on jimbob only vaguely mentioned a change in trajectory, and the statement prior to that characterised him as town. It's not so much the change in opinion which is concerning as the manner in which it's presented as not a change in opinion. Somewhat scummy.
10. thanks Vytron for continuing discussion - low level but this strikes me as a lesser version of 'thank you doctor' as a minor scumtell. States now considers bessie in the clear as accepting mpolo's word (although leaning is an odd phrase to use). Informally votes jimbob - again not an issue in and of itself, but he hasn't at any point stated the basis for such a vote. slightly scummy.

D2 summary: slightly scummy - the more I look into it, the more that seem awry to me. Moody's behaviour towards the end of the day in particular has alarmed me.

Somewhat biased here as he's the only player I've actually looked at in depth so far, but I think it's enough pings for me.

Unvote
Vote: moody
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:40 am UTC

I was expecting such a big case to be built by Mis, though I expected him to build the case on me.

Who agrees with all this? I mean, Mis is basically stating facts, and then explains why he finds some things suspicious. It seems reasonable to kill Moody at night, but I think Moody needs to tell us his night target first, so we can piece the game tomorrow in case he's town.

By the way Mis, what did you claim? Or is this a case of "my role sounds scummy so I'll keep it secret"?

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:08 am UTC

First of all I don't see why I would try to save bessie if I was converted. Why not let her die and not even reveal my role yet (since it was unlikely that I'd get lynched) and then make up some other targets? Although I totally should do that if I'm ever converted :twisted:

Anyways when moody last voted bessie I started thinking about his play, and I simply cannot see scum playing like that. In my eyes it was a vote that made very little sense, and scum should be pretty low on numbers and therefore would be more careful. Of course it could just be awful scum play but I don't think so. And then moody's logic regarding madge made sense too. So I really don't think he's scum. I think if we somehow get rid of misnomer, jimbob, and freezeblade, we will have won. Just my two cents.

Moody - if we decide not to kill you (and i'm voting against killing you), I would appreciate it you didn't block me tonight. Maybe block our "supposed town-claiming independent"? He says that he doesn't have a kill but he very well could have one still, which is likely to mess town up.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:20 am UTC

I think Moody should block Madge.

You know, this plan would work, because if I withhold my kill and there's no deaths, then Madge must be a mafiosa.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:26 am UTC

Vytron wrote:I think Moody should block Madge.

You know, this plan would work, because if I withhold my kill and there's no deaths, then Madge must be a mafiosa.

Yes, if scum have a kill and no recruiting ability. No, if scum have recruiting ability and (probably) no kill. Or if it's an even/odd night kill. Or if they withhold to lynch our doctor. Or several other possibilities.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:26 am UTC

a. Misnomer deciding to profile me strikes me as kind of odd considering I'm one of the people not voting him. I suppose building a case on one of his voters would be too much like OMGUS, especially since he ends his post with a vote. D2P6 is my usual process of elimination, and I admit I haven't really done due diligence on you or dim. The bessie issue in my most recent post is resolved to my satisfaction because we have two independent sources saying she's townie. On the jimbob side of things, he is a self-admitted independent with an anti-town primary goal.

b. @dim- you were definitely not on my list for tonight. Figuring I'll let Madge out to do what she wants to. Beyond that I'm not sure I want to narrow down who scum should avoid in order not to waste their kill or recruit.

c. Bottom line, lynching or killing me will not end the game with a town win.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:30 am UTC

Yeah, I want to know who Dim and Moody think is my best target, because if the day suddenly ended right now, I'd withhold my kill.

It would be really funny if all this talk is useless and the game ends immediately after Mis is lynched :P

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:35 am UTC

To be honest I wouldn't put it past the game mechanics to have made Jimbob into another SK now that you killed his target (or killed it with him). So that would be my choice. Beyond that I still have a feeling that freezeblade may have been a good recruit but I need to go back to figure out why I think that.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:45 am UTC

You know, it makes sense. Jim even accepted to not have started as town, and we have him confirmed because we believe he turned town.

He may have gotten a win and gotten a new target or something.

So I might as well kill jim, if someone else agrees.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:09 am UTC

Jim's on my lynchable list, so have at it.

I am indifferent to the role block, because it protects me from recruitment which I don't want, obviously. But I protect others from recruitment presumably, s o it's a case of who scum would want to recruit.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:09 am UTC

Deadline in roughly 19 hours

Votals:

jimbobmacdoodle - 2 (freezeblade, dimochka)
Moody7277 - 1 (Misnomer)
Misnomer - 3 (Bessie, Mpolo, Jimbobmacdoodle)

Not Voting: 3 (Madge, Moody7277, Vytron)

9 alive, 5 to lynch

Deadline: Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 11:59 PM EST

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:28 am UTC

Vytron wrote:By the way Mis, what did you claim? Or is this a case of "my role sounds scummy so I'll keep it secret"?

Universal backup - though only inherit the role if a townie dies, not if they're recruited. There's also a secondary element which there is no benefit to revealing.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:20 pm UTC

Obviously, I'd rather that Vytron didn't kill me, since I am the only person I can be 100% sure of being town. I'm not sure what I can do to convince you of that beyond what I've already said. If you're concerned that I have a new target to kill or some other anti-town action, have moody jail me or freezeblade track me at night to see what I get up to.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:59 pm UTC

I have a real life situation and didn’t have time to make a long post last night. If I am able to post again today it will probably be close to deadline. Here are my thoughts so they don’t die with me. I’ve been thinking about the setup, and this is my updated guess. I think that we started at 7/2/2, and that jimbob is an independent that may be able to win with town, but is not town.

Town
Abraham Van Helsing, Town Doctor, (Madge)
Arthur Holmwood, Town Tracker, (freezeblade)
Quincey Morris, Town Vigilante, (Vytron)
Jonathan Harker, Mason, (bessie)
Mina Harker, Mason, Town Watcher, (mpolo)
John Seward, Town Jailer, (moody)
Detective Cotford, Town Cop, (dimochka)

Independent
Renfield, Serial Killer, (ConMan)
Jayne Wetherby, Huntsman, (jimbobmacdoodle)

Mafia
Count Dracula, unknown powers, (SDK)
Lucy Westenra, unknown powers, (Misnomer)

The more I reflect on it, the more I doubt we have a recruiting power in this game. I think that the things in the role PMs that point to a recruiting power may have been leftover flavor from a game designed for more players. If we do have a recruiting Dracula, I don’t think the recruit was on N0. There are a couple of roles that I believe would have seriously thrown the game off balance if recruited on N0, even if they lost their powers when they were recruited. So the recruit shouldn’t have happened until at least N1 when the protective powers were in effect.

If we lynch Misnomer and the game doesn’t end, my first guess is that jimbob has an independent win condition that he hasn’t fulfilled, and we will need to eliminate him for a town win. My second guess is that we started at 8/1/2, and Dracula was guaranteed a recruit before he died, to stop the game from ending if we killed Dracula and Renfield D1 and N1 (unless Renfield was bulletproof). Dracula may have been able to select the recruit N1 or later, or if he was lynched D1 maybe Lucy would have been auto recruited (I doubt Dracula could recruit D1 for the same reasons I doubt an N0 recruit).

I still distrust Vytron’s claim to be an every night vigilante. It just seems like the potential for too many kills in any setup. So maybe either Vytron didn’t really use his kill on N1 and he is spreading beer, or he has been recruited and that is why he has a kill every night.

dimochka wrote:
Vytron wrote:I think Moody should block Madge.

Yes, if scum have a kill and no recruiting ability. No, if scum have recruiting ability and (probably) no kill. Or if it's an even/odd night kill. Or if they withhold to lynch our doctor. Or several other possibilities.

What dimochka said.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:09 pm UTC

Well, I'm killing bessie. I know she's been confirmed town by Dim, and claimed masons with mpolo. But she goes on and on not believing I'm a persistent vig, so showing it on her face is the only option.

It would be really interesting if she flips scum, it's possible there's some scum redirector that made Dim target some town player, or that she's a Godfather/traitor on the Mason pair with mpolo.

She has no reason to accuse me of lying or to suspect that I was a one-shoot vig.

If she's the only person dying on the night then it's very likely we're just trying to catch Dracula's recruit from N1.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:32 am UTC

@Bessie - if you're wrong and there are recruiting powers, a town vig (that can kill every night) makes perfect sense. Otherwise it gets out of hand very quickly (a mislynch costs 3 votes - 1 town dead and 1 town converted to vote for other side; a correct lynch still makes town down a vote). Now I could see the logic behind there being no more recruiting because Dracula is dead, but this is a DJ game. It's unlikely to be that simple.

@Vytron - please don't kill bessie just because she doesn't believe your killing power. And as far as her being a godfather, I can't see a good flavor explanation for it, and DJ is clearly big on flavor. I just also looked at my PM flavor - apart from the obvious things that i mentioned before - living and town - my character also does some flavorful tests to confirm that bessie is not a vampire. So unless she's an alien or something, I don't see how she'd pass those tests.

Of course all of the above is my speculation.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:26 am UTC

dimochka, don’t you think that having an every night vig and a serial killer is too much for an eleven player game? If ConMan lived, we would have had a lynch on D1 and up to 4 kills N1 (mafia, ConMan, jimbob, and Vytron), which would leave 6 players on D2, at least two of them with a kill + the lynch. Ok, I guess this could work if mafia does not have a kill and is recruiting only.

Vytron wrote:Well, I'm killing bessie.

I already suggested you kill me here.
bessie wrote:So you should probably kill me because I have drawn the most attention as a possible recruit target and will probably be the lynch target tomorrow anyway.

Vytron wrote:I know she's been confirmed town by Dim, and claimed masons with mpolo. But she goes on and on not believing I'm a persistent vig, so showing it on her face is the only option.

So proving you are right is more important than doing what is best for town? Why?
Vytron wrote:She has no reason to accuse me of lying or to suspect that I was a one-shoot vig.

I voiced a suspicion that you are spreading beer. I thought that to you this is not lying. And I don’t need a reason to be suspicious of you or anyone else. I share my thoughts so that they don’t die with me. I only need a reason to vote, I give my reasons every time I vote, and I haven't voted for you. By the way, if everyone in this game is telling the truth, then it would already be over. I don’t trust anyone completely except mpolo, because I am completely certain he is town.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:28 am UTC

Agh, okay...

So I'll be withholding because it's very important to know if the rest of scum is killing scum.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:49 am UTC

Vytron, you should do what you think is best for town. Whatever your decision, it will give us information tomorrow (if there is a tomorrow).

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:58 am UTC

Vytron wrote:She has no reason to accuse me of lying or to suspect that I was a one-shoot vig.

I guess I should mention that I also had some doubt. It's a question of balance, and since I don't know the whole setup, I don't know how much we need a vig. If there are recruits, I would certainly believe that you are multi-shot. If there are no recruits, it is a little more questionable. Hopefully, we know more tomorrow.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:53 am UTC

No time for flavor at the moment--will get it up later.

Misnomer has been lynched.

Night actions, please.

Night will end Sunday 11:59 PM EST or earlier

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:35 am UTC

Update: Night is being extended, and Day 1 will begin sometime within the next 24 hours.

Mostly for my own incapacity to work on everything tonight.

EDIT: Another delay. Tuesday night, I hope? I am a busy mod. Apologies.

Djehutynakht

Re: Draculafia! N2 - Alleged on the Ledge

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:38 am UTC

Night 2 - Alleged on the Ledge

Once again in the Great Hall of the Vampyre Lord the group gathered. He may be dead, his body dust, but it is apparent that the work of the living is not done. More evil remains in this castle. It stalks amongst you, leering through the mist. But can it be found...

By this point every member of the group, their shapes in the mist now distinct, decided it was safe to claim their identity. Some names were familiar. Some were less. And some doubts lingered on whether some were who they said they were. But eventually, attention turns to one.

"Lucy," someone softly says.

"Dracula bit her," another point out.

"Do you think she...?"

"No! No! I am fine! I am living! I am alive! My blood courses through my veins, even if depleted!"

But though Misnomer attempted defense with great conviction, ultimately it was of no use. The fact that Lucy had been before bitten could perhaps be overlooked, but the people as a whole felt that the shadow known as Misnomer had been suspicious in general. They were not to be trusted. This risk could not be taken.

As such, the shadows began to converge on Misnomer.

"No! No! Stay back! Do not harm me! Me, whom you swore to protect!"

The alleged Lucy moved further and further away, retreating with her back to the wall, facing the oncoming convergence.

"But we are protecting you," came a voice from the crowd. "By your death, you shall be free of the curse which now damns your soul".

"No! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!........"

Misnomer, unawares of where they were going, had backed up onto a kind of old balcony. The window had long gone and the masonry of the railing had by now deteriorated. Backing up in a dress didn't help either. Lucy stumbled on her dress, and in tripping sent herself careening back into the railing, which crumbled on the impact. With a long, drawn out screen, the shadow that was Lucy stumbled out of site, and down the long drop down to the bottom of the cliff.

"Time to hunt..." came a sinister whisper out of the fog, followed suddenly by an unearthly, blood-curdling screech. There are flashes of movement. Odd shapes in the fog. Before they know it the members of the group once again fled in every direction, deep into the depths of Dracula's castle, leaving whoever it was to their fate at the bottom of the cliff.

It is now Night 2.
Night 2 has already ended, and D3 will be posted imminently.

Djehutynakht

Re: Draculafia! D3 - In Morte Conivngentvr

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:30 am UTC

Day 3 - In Morte Conivngentvr

Once more the brave souls committed to the task of ridding the world of this plague of Undead were sent stumbling into the darkness. A most undignified manner, rather embarrassing at the hands of one's enemy. But given the enemy's losses so far, it is not so bad of a concession.

The turmoil and confusion after Misnomer's untimely stumble to a supposed demise sent those in the castle scattering in all directions. In the end, once the commotion had died down, they found themselves all lost in parts of the castle not familiar to them. Bathed in fog and derelict and ruined, navigation is substantially difficult. Time feels suspended and honestly, in the depths of the castle, it is very hard to tell one place from another. But in the end, after careful detours to avoid caved in stairwells, doors that would not open and floors unsteady or piled with the rubble of centuries of decay, all manage once more to make it back into the Grand Hall, where you reconvene once more.

"It is now time, I think," one speaks from the darkness. "To look upon the dead. Alas, if it is our dear Lucy, then I shall be much in grief. Many here love her, and many here have sworn to protect her. We must hope for an imposter. But if it is not, we must, I think, hope at least that we have given our dear Lucy the peace required for her soul, and not an early end to a fruitful life".

With care, the group edges toward the ledge where Misnomer had fallen to the death. Careful not to test the structural limits of this crumbling area, they congregate around opening and look down the long drop to the wells of shadow before.

At the base of the cliff the mist had cleared. Though normally darkness would swallow the base of the cliff during the night, now at this point it is bathed in moonlight. And there indeed, you see Lucy Westenra. She is dead. Having fallen from the window, she met her death at the base of the cliff. The sight is not pretty. Defensive stakes had been positioned at the bottom of the cliff, and Lucy had the misfortune to fall directly onto one of these. It impaled her through the heart.

And it is with horror that the group then comes to terms that they had been right. To their horror, they see that the Lucy they know had been distorted. Her nails were sharpened. She was pale. Her eyes were bloodshot. And in the moonlight you see the glimmer of two elongated canines, protruding from shriveled gums.

Like Dracula before her, in her second death she begins to change. As the curse of the Undead leaves her, she begins to revert to her normal self. Her first death being not quite so long ago, this is faster. Before the very eyes of those watching her nails begin to detract, as do her fangs. The bloodshot leaves her eyes, and instead forms a slight blush in her face. Her expression goes of one of confusion and fury to one of peace and tranquility. Indeed, as each looks down at the site of the tragic site of the poor, beautiful, dead Lucy Westenra, though you know it was for the best, you can't help but feel some twinge of guilt for causing her death.

Misnomer was Lucy Westenra, a Vampire Minion and member of the Undead.

"No! Lucy! Lucy! My one! My beloved! We have failed you! I have failed you!"

With anguish a figure kneels down on the ground, leaning over the edge, peering down at the sight of the deceased beauty. You can hear sobs in his voice.

But suddenly, he is gone.

With a flash you see a dark figure drop over the parapet. He fell off! The dark figure falls over and, with a crunch, lands at the bottom of the cliff right beside Lucy. The limbs spread out, and the left hand, by total coincidence, falls into Lucy's outstretched left.

It is then that you see the fallen figure was none other than Arthur Holmwood, Lord Godalming. Lucy's ill-fated fiancé.

Someone spots a book left on the ledge. It is Lord Godalming's diary. Although a piece of it appears to have been accidentally torn out by Arthur in his moment of grief--the pieces with any relevant information clutched in his hand during the fall and now surely scattered to the Transylvania winds--you see from his latest entries that he has been acting as a sort of tracker throughout the night.

"My dear poor lord," a voice from the crowd speaks. "It is a great tragedy which befell both these lovers. A noble living and an ignoble undead, fighting for the same woman. Well at last we can say that our Arthur and our dear Lucy now have each other as they truly intended. It is our misfortune that the only way for this to be was in death. But in death, I think, they are joined forever".

"Poor Art..." someone else from the crowd says, glumly.

"And Lucy," says another shadow, more firmly. "Well, we came here on her sake. We vowed to end the evil that plagued her. For her memory, for Arthur, we must finish the work we have come to carry out".

Freezeblade is dead. He was Arthur Holmwood, Lord Goldalming, a member of the Living* and Tracker.
*Well, former member of the Living...

It is now Day 3.
Day 3 will end Tuesday, November 24 at 11:59 PM EST.

7 "alive", 4 to lynch.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:55 am UTC

To clarify - were Lucy and Arthur lovers, or did Arthur die of a separate cause?

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:00 am UTC

No comment.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:16 am UTC

Ok.

Vytron - did you kill Freezeblade?
Moody - whom did you target?
Madge - whom did you target?

I don't care in what order. If for some reason you think it doesn't make sense to reveal your results, say as much.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:21 am UTC

Stunning flavor :)

Vote: jimbobmacdoodle

Okay, so I decided to kill Jim at night. It didn't work.

So now I want an explanation from him.

Jim, why do you persist in living?
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

THANKS KARHELL!! :)

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:45 am UTC

Votals:

Jimbobmacdoodle - 1 (Vytron)

Not Voting - 6 (Bessie, Dimochka, Madge, Mpolo, moody7277, Jimbobmacdoodle)

Deadline on November 24, 11:59 PM EST.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:15 am UTC

I watched Bessie last night. She was not visited.

We presumably had two "protections" running last night. In addition Bessie was not visited, which really narrows down the number of people who could possibly have been recruited (if there was a recruit). It is also unclear whether there was a kill last night or not.

I note that Lucy is listed as a Vampire Minion, not just a Vampire, which might mean that she wasn't a possible recruiter. If that is the case, we are presumably looking for Dracula's N1 recruit, or jimbobmacadoodle is not as pro-town as he made out. After discussion among the masons, we believe that a N0 recruit is rather unlikely because of some details of our roles and their wordings.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:59 am UTC

My guess as to why I'm not dead: Moody jailed me. I suppose Madge could have protected me, but I think she said that her protection is versus Undead actions only.

@Madge - can you confirm whether your protection would have blocked Vytron's kill, if he is town aligned?

I find it odd that freezeblade hadn't mentioned being a lover once we were reasonably sure who Misnomer was. I suppose he might not have known, or was scared of scum night kills, or even was willing to accept dying if scum!Misnomer flipped.

General question: are scum/town lover pairs normal?

If they aren't, I think this basically confirms that Misnomer was recruited, which makes me suspicious of Dimochka again, since I agree that Misnomer's role seems like a non-recruiter and the game continues, so there must be still at least one scum.

If freezeblade died because of a scum kill, I also think it likely that Dimochka is scum, because I'm not sure about safe claims. Recruited!Vytron could also be a possibility in this case, since we don't know that recruits lose their powers.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:26 am UTC

I protected dimochka because I wanted to secure another cop result (real or fake, it will help us).

In terms of whether I would protect against Vytron - it says that I protect from "all death" and any "other actions" taken by the undead, so I would assume I would protect from a town vig, but I am asking for clarification now.

No clue on the lover thing - I feel like I might have seen town/scum lovers but they seem kind of.... pointless, you know?

Quite frankly I'm shocked to be alive and I'm wondering what scum is playing at by not killing me. Not sure if they're hoping i'll be lynched after the scummy d1 that lead to me claiming, or if they think my being unavailable for a week means I might be modkilled, or something else.

Note to all players and the mods:

In other news, I am getting married on the 21st of November, and going on a brief honeymoon, coming home on the 26th. I will probably be able to manage a couple of phone quality posts on my honeymoon (as long as my husband-to-be is patient, and he has a history of being so) and will be back to normal come the 27th/28th, but I am just warning you in advance that for pretty much the next solid week I'm not going to have time to do more than read and maybe write a couple of sentences. The next two days won't be so bad but are still pretty hectic so basically this is the longest post you're getting out of me this game day sorry.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:16 am UTC

Town/Mafia lover pairs are not uncommon. Sometimes they can win together if everyone else is gone, sometimes they are just a minor/major detriment to town. If they didn't have a "win together" out, I would imagine that it would be unknown to both of them, as Arthur would have literally no reason not to lynch Lucy.

Jailer would explain jimbob's not dying. The question is whether the jailer is also the explanation for the lack of scum kill in the night. (Assuming the flavor is not misleading us to suspect a lover mechanism.)

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:22 am UTC

Got a reply from DJ, and looks like I protect from all kills.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:28 am UTC

Madge - thank you for protecting me. Moody - please let us know your action when you get a chance. I'll post my thoughts once you do.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:32 pm UTC

A couple more possibilities as to why I'm not dead:
1) Moody jailed Vytron.
2) Vytron is lying. I doubt scum!Vytron is lying, but I could imagine him attempting to pull some crazy gambit by lying about targeting me as town.

I doubt he is lying, as his action claim was before any real information came out about who did what last night. Therefore, to lie that early would be incredibly dangerous, as he would be way too easy to catch out with the number of theoretical possibilities that would mean his lie would be obvious. I don't even want to think about jester!Vytron being a possibility, as that would make my head hurt too much, and I'm not sure how it would fit flavour-wise anyway.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Return to “Mafia”