Draculafia! N3 - Nosferatu - GAME OVER - LIVING VICTORY

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

dimochka

Re: Draculafia! D2 - The Undead Dead

Postby dimochka » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:04 pm UTC

EBWOP: I'm sorry for saying obviously so many times (and it's not all necessarily obvious). It's been a long day...
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:30 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:I actually believe lynching [Misnomer] would be a waste, because I said I'll kill [him] at night.
A thought inspired by mpolo's latest comment. Vytron, do you believe Misnomer to be scum from the beginning, or a N1 recruit? If, you believe him to be scum from the beginning, have you considered the possibility that he is a recruiter as well, or that he has some other night action that would be negative? If so, surely it would be better to lynch him before night, rather than wait to kill him, so that they can't use whatever action they might have? You could then kill the person you believe to be the N1 recruit, who may have weaker powers.

I agree with mpolo, regarding the character list, except for the point that I don't know how he deduced who Bessie is, which would put my guess at Lucy as being one of {Bessie, Misnomer, Dimochka}.

Ninja'd by dimochka:

@Dimochka - do you know whether your action fires before any potential recruit? The votes on Bessie seem mostly to be because people think she was recruited last night, so your result would not clear her, if it is based on her alignment at the start of the night.

I think I believe the claim, as there was definitely an implied detective in the flavour, and it seems just as likely for DJ to include a character from a sequel as from the TV series. However, I wouldn't be 100% certain of your towniness, based on the Wikipedia article for Dracula the Un-dead, since he initially seems to go around trying to arrest those we have pretty firmly as town. Still, I think it's enough reason to:

Unvote

for now. I need to re-evaluate and consider who most likely is scum.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:35 pm UTC

Oh interesting, didn't even realize he did anything against town. Clearly flavorblind. Regardless (wine/beer and all) I'm 100% town.

Re: your question - I'll ask via PM right now and get back to you. I assumed that it would be post recruit (and I think it likely is), but you bring up a valid point that we should be certain.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:35 pm UTC

Well I guess that leaves me as good as dead then - if I'm wrong about Vytron, then I get nk'd by his vig ability. If I'm right, i presumably have to be killed off to support his false claim.

As I'm going to die anyway, I can at least clear up some of the role stuff. I am Lucy, Town universal backup - my role pm makes it clear that I do not inherit a town roles powers if they are recruited, only if they're killed, so there is definitely a recruiting dynamic in this game. There's also another aspect of my role but it would hurt far more than it helped to reveal it.

Sorry I've been so useless at this game - would not have subbed in if I'd known I was going to be away and then my Internet was going to go down :|
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:42 am UTC

Aye, aye, this game feels somewhat broken due to all the claims. But really, what are you gonna do if Dracula and the serial killer drop dead the first night?

Unvote

Now, I wonder if we have a doctor? After all, Dim has become an optimal kill target, but the mechanics wouldn't allow him to be protected and continue investigating. With a doctor, it's more likely that Moody is false claiming jailer. Without one, I guess I'd like to see mpolo claiming. At this point a counter-claim with some 50% of getting scum (or we lynch one member of the pair, and I kill the other) could be best.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:25 am UTC

Vytron wrote:With a doctor, it's more likely that Moody is false claiming jailer.

If you believe that, then you either have to believe that mpolo is lying and also scum, which means we started with 4 anti-town in an 11 person game (very unlikely), or he sis see me visit her and I did something funky since she's still upright. I would think it more likely than not that any recruiting powers died with Dracula (even given so many other town powers running around), and until we hear back from dim regarding order of operations, I will

Unvote

with the caveat that bessie still looks like most recruitable from D1 due to her townie position.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:33 am UTC

Well, a lot happened while I was at work! Give me an hour to catch up and make a post.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:05 am UTC

@Moody: The idea here is you would be scum roleblocker claiming jailer.

This is a very safe claim, because all you need to do to prove it, is claiming that you're jailing
"player X". X can confirm that you "jailed" them, because their power didn't work, and you just tell your scumbuddies to not kill who you're "protecting."

So basically, a doctor claim would make it likely that this is the case.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:23 am UTC

Vytron wrote:X can confirm that you "jailed" them, because their power didn't work,

Except that Madge didn't seem to know that she was jailed. Her target freezeblade was still walking around D2 with no one dying in the night other than Drac!SDK. It didn't look like she figured anything funny happened until my and mpolo's joint statements (which data point you don't seem to be figuring into your speculation).

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:06 am UTC

Ok, starting with my last post.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
bessie wrote:This doesn’t make sense. If you have to kill indie-Renfield, OK. But if you have to kill town-Quincy, you are anti-town so it doesn’t make sense that you would win with town.
I would be anti-town in my goal at that point. If town won before I had completed that goal, then I would have lost. If however, I had manged to get Quincy lynched before game over, I would only win if town won after that point, i.e. ignoring being recruited or other crazy alignment change things, if scum had won, I would have lost.

jimbobmacdoodle, you keep failing to understand my point (or maybe this is deliberate). If your win condition is to lynch town-Quincy, you are not town. You are at best an independent that can win with town. But I’m not as worried about you today because I don’t see you as the greatest town threat right now.

Madge wrote:Only time for a quick post right now but I had a thought - DJ always has such lovely, intricate flavour. Do you think a double death would be implied in the flavour? Or do you think the sanctity of the game would be paramount?

Maybe it was. In the book Jonathan Harker cuts off Dracula’s head and Quincey Morris stabs him through the heart.
Djehutynakht wrote:The body on the ground, a stake projecting from the chest and the head severed roughly, but completely, from the body.

moody – makes another post justifying voting for me because I am so townie. And I again have no defense for this. So instead I’ll ask this question: moody, if I was so townie as to be an obvious recruit, why do you think the tracker and the cop both decided to target me?

Misnomer votes Vytron for his different non-Vytrony playstyle. Vytron, it seems, will draw suspicions whether he is typical-Vytron or different-Vytron. Misnomer, I understand that you are having problems with your internet, but is this really all you have from D2? I at least expected you to say something about this:
bessie wrote:If the above is a likely setup, my pick for Lucy Westenra is Misnomer, partially based on D1 interactions with SDK.

Since you’re not going to bring it up (I wonder why), I will explain this comment. I think that there is a possibility that we are in the setup I outlined in this post. If we are, then we started with two mafia and you are my pick for the second mafia. The reason that started me thinking that you were SDK's scum partner were two posts SDK made on the first page.

This was SDK’s first post on D1:
SDK wrote:Vote jimbobmacdoodle

for being scum.

Everyone seemed to agree that this was “standard SDK D1 antics”. Then there was some more D1 banter, and a few posts later SDK posts this.
SDK wrote:Holy smokes! I just noticed we have someone named coldblood in this game!? Obv scum.

Unvote, Vote coldblood11.

coldblood, welcome to xkcd. From the tone of your signup post it sounds like you've played mafia before. How experienced are you? Totally unrelated question: are you good at this game?

At first glance, this appears similar to his first “standard SDK D1 antics” but it’s not. I think these posts/votes were for different purposes. The vote on jimbobmacdoodle was to get a reaction, start something, etc, whatever. But the vote on coldblood11 always struck me as odd because it seemed more like an effort to draw him into the game and give him an opportunity to make a nice friendly townie post. This may have been an effort by a forum member to welcome a new member to the group, but it just doesn’t seem like it to me. Jimbob was a new player, to the mafia forum and to the mafia game, and there were no questions for him, just the vote.

In case anyone thinks I am looking for a reason to lynch someone to just to save my ass, I alluded to these suspicions on D1 when I made this post.
bessie wrote:SDK – On page 1 votes jimbobmacdoodle for being scum, later unvoted and voted coldblood11 for his name. Nothing suspicious about the votes, but the vote for jimbob was without explanation or followup, the vote for coldblood came with discussion questions. Also, you think I’m nitpicky? You pressed Madge with a question on exclamation points.

SDK didn’t reply to that post, and he didn’t make any other posts before deadline.

This may be a small point, but it is a small point that I noticed on initial read through of the game when I replaced, and it is something that has been in the back of my mind throughout the game. Add this to his non-townie D2 content and I think he’s scum. Yes, I am nitpicky as accused. As Misnomer said, sometimes that’s how you successfully hunt scum.

Vote: Misnomer

I know that Vytron said he was going to kill Misnomer tonight, but I would rather lynch him today, because, honestly, I doubt Vytron’s claim to be an every night vigilante.

I’ll be around for a few hours and will give the thread another read, but I wanted to make a post now because we only have about 24 hours before deadline.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:19 am UTC

Deadline in a little under 24 hours:

Votals:

jimbobmacdoodle - 2 (freezeblade, dimochka)
Bessie - 1 (Madge)
Vytron - 1 (Misnomer)
Misnomer - 1 (Bessie)

Not Voting: 4 (Jimbobmacdoodle, Moody7277, Mpolo, Vytron)

9 alive, 5 to lynch

Deadline: Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 11:59 PM EST

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:19 am UTC

@moody7277: In that case it's possible Madge was scum claiming doctor, probably to get a counter-claim and at least get rid of the doctor.

I request Dim to investigate Moody or Madge, because I don't believe we got two saving roles like that.

In the book Jonathan Harker cuts off Dracula’s head and Quincey Morris stabs him through the heart.

Djehutynakht wrote:The body on the ground, a stake projecting from the chest and the head severed roughly, but completely, from the body.

Haha! Whoa! Did we really reenact the events of the book, for real???

I thought killing Dracula twice was cool, but if we were meant to do that then it's EPIC! :D

I know that Vytron said he was going to kill Misnomer tonight, but I would rather lynch him today, because, honestly, I doubt Vytron’s claim to be an every night vigilante.

Well, unless you and Dim are playing some gambit, I believe you're confirmed town. So tell me, who would you kill if you were a vig, and why? After getting Mis lynched it's possible I go with your target. Just to prove I have killing powers, I guess :roll:

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:17 am UTC

Since everybody has claims out, I might as well admit to being Mina Harker. I am a mason with Jonathan Harker, played by bessie. Which is why I was so sure of her role before. I was trying to play this a little more quietly, but what with everyone else having claimed, I don't really see much other option.

As Lucy is transformed into a vampire early in the book, and her transformation is essentially the flavor reason for my Watcher power (Mina sees Dracula biting Lucy), I am going to have to:

It is better that a possible recruiter not make it into the night, where we don't know the order of application of the actions (i.e. a recruiter who is vigged might well get a recruit off).
Image <-- Evil experiment

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:07 am UTC

Well, at least I know that my guess about mpolo's character was correct. @Bessie, could you confirm mpolo's claim on your behalf, please. I doubt he was lying, but it doesn't necessarily clear Bessie or mpolo from being a N1 recruit, if recruited players keep their powers.

Regarding the name claims in general, I am reasonably confident that everyone, with the possible exception of Dimochka is telling the truth. Unfortunately, that doesn't help much, unless we think Misnomer was scum from the beginning, which seems to be a popular theory. I can certainly see where Bessie is coming from. Mpolo's vote I find a bit more concerning, because it seems entirely based on flavour. I'll try and do a quick re-read of Misnomer at lunchtime today when I can use a computer rather than my phone as I am now, before I place a vote.

A thought about tonight's night actions: assuming for a moment that dimochka's action is based on alignment at the start of night, and that there are no godfather powers, we could clear someone as town for a day by both Dimochka and Mpolo targeting the same player. If they turn up town, and nobody visited them, I think we have somebody cleared... Hmm on second thoughts, this only works if both are town, and since I see Dimochka as potential N1 recruit, this is probably a bad idea. I guess freezeblade could target Dimochka to make sure he visits the chosen target.

Speaking of freezeblade, where is he?
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:36 am UTC

My role flavour gives the impression that van helsing successfully saved me, so presumably i was still bitten in the back story?
mpolo wrote:Since everybody has claims out, I might as well admit to being Mina Harker. I am a mason with Jonathan Harker, played by bessie. Which is why I was so sure of her role before. I was trying to play this a little more quietly, but what with everyone else having claimed, I don't really see much other option.

As Lucy is transformed into a vampire early in the book, and her transformation is essentially the flavor reason for my Watcher power (Mina sees Dracula biting Lucy), I am going to have to:

It is better that a possible recruiter not make it into the night, where we don't know the order of application of the actions (i.e. a recruiter who is vigged might well get a recruit off).
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:40 am UTC

I'm not feeling great the last few days, so sorry I haven't been posting.

I have no evidence that I was jailed or roleblocked last night, so moody could have done absolutely anything.

I'm at a loss because I don't trust bessie but I trust mpolo and they're linked.

Here's my old scum/town list:

Spoiler:
Towny
freezeblade
mpolo
jimbobmacdoodle
Vytron

Neutral
moody7277

Scummy
Misnomer
dimochka
bessie

Since then, my notes:

freezeblade
mpolo - claimed masons with bessie
jimbobmacdoodle - the flavour seems to justify their double kill
Vytron - the flavour seems to justify their double kill
moody7277 - he visited me and nothing happened to me, so I don't know what to think
Misnomer - universal backup claim, mentions recruits
dimochka - cop claim, no counterclaim
bessie - claimed masons with mpolo

I am leaving it in the same order as before as I don't want to give scum information on who my likely doctor targets are.

The pickings are slim, and I no longer support the bessie lynch:

Unvote

It seems Misnomer is a good lynch target. I worry about the people who are now de facto townie, like freezeblde with the good claim; same for Vytron, but his flavour, I knew DJ wouldn't be able to resist including a double kill in flavour and it seems so perfect and we've already lost an SK so surely Vytron and Jim are both telling the truth??
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:50 pm UTC

OK, misnomer hasn't been particularly helpful since he's been back, though I guess that's not entirely his fault, assuming he's not lying about RL issues (I'd consider it extremely bad form if he were). He's been on my scummy list due to lack of useful content, so I'd definitely be up for lynching him, though I'm slightly concerned he might be an easy target for scum to jump on, especially given his name claim.

Before I join others in voting for him: @Misnomer - do you have any reads on anybody other than me or Vytron, who appear to be the only two people you have talked about all of D2?

A quick skim of his posts on D1 show him to have talked more about everyone in general. Seems like a reasonable likelihood for a N1 recruit to me.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:50 pm UTC

I’m Jonathan Harker, mason with Mina Harker mpolo.

Vytron wrote:Well, unless you and Dim are playing some gambit, I believe you're confirmed town. So tell me, who would you kill if you were a vig, and why? After getting Mis lynched it's possible I go with your target. Just to prove I have killing powers, I guess :roll:

If Misnomer is lynched I think the game may be over. If it’s not, then kill the person that is the most likely recruit. If the recruit happened N0, then I think that Madge was the most likely recruit (for meta reasons, and supported by her scummy behavior on D1). But I somehow suspect you won’t kill Madge no matter what I say. If the recruit happened N1, then I think dimochka and moody were the most likely recruit choices, but I don’t think it was dimochka because his D2 content has been solidly town (and like freezeblade, he didn’t need to claim his night actions). And I’m not reading moody as scum either. So you should probably kill me because I have drawn the most attention as a possible recruit target and will probably be the lynch target tomorrow anyway.

So Vytron, why should I believe you haven't been recruited?

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:27 pm UTC

I can assure you all my Internet distress is real.

In terms of other player reads I'm afraid nothing much has really jumped out. Vytron and Jim remain my two main subsists suspects, though i doubt they're both anti town. Bessie is looking very townie to me -i actually really like the sdk vote theory even though it's completely wrong! If Masons are true then my day one read on mpolo was wrong, though can't make much from his day two posts. Dim is giving off some what townie vibes but nothing definitive. Moody list earlier strikes me as odd on reread - why would not having a read on a player lead to as bold a statement as will not lynch?

In any case, I'm not vampire so don't expect the game to end with my death, even if you insist on lynching me

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:33 pm UTC

Misnomer - Internet troubles noted.

Deadline in a little under 12 hours.

Votals are once again tied. An extension shall be given if they remain tied at deadline.

Votals:

Vytron - 1 (Misnomer)
Misnomer - 2 (Bessie, Mpolo)

Not Voting: 4 (Jimbobmacdoodle, Madge, Moody7277, Vytron)

9 alive, 5 to lynch

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:25 pm UTC

bessie wrote: But I somehow suspect you won’t kill Madge no matter what I say.

Why Madge and not moody? If someone tried to recruit Madge, then it didn't work because she was jailed. If she wasn't jailed, then Moody is a liar, and it's him who should be killed.

The only reason I'd kill Madge is if we don't believe the game has both jailer and doctor, because it'd seem kind of broken, specially if we don't have a proper mafia team and are just trying to catch the N1 recruit.

bessie wrote: So Vytron, why should I believe you haven't been recruited?

Meta? Maybe people know I tend to be suspicious and mislynched on games, so I'm generally not a good recruit.

Misnomer wrote:In terms of other player reads I'm afraid nothing much has really jumped out. Vytron and Jim remain my two main subsists suspects, though i doubt they're both anti town.

You ignore the flavor telling about the double kill.

This is some kind of panicky Misnormer and not the one I'd expect to see as town.

Also, his "I'm doomed" message was weird. He implied that he was going to be lynched or killed, and that if I was lynched and flipped town we'd go after him anyway. Such a worry because he knows I'm not from his scum faction.

So I still have to decide if I withhold my kill or not. I basically have a reason to NOT kill everyone, except Mis.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:45 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:Why Madge and not moody? If someone tried to recruit Madge, then it didn't work because she was jailed. If she wasn't jailed, then Moody is a liar, and it's him who should be killed.

The only reason I'd kill Madge is if we don't believe the game has both jailer and doctor, because it'd seem kind of broken, specially if we don't have a proper mafia team and are just trying to catch the N1 recruit.

I think for some reason people are going off the assumption that we had Dracula + SK + 1 recruit. I think that's too weak. I could imagine a 2-man scum team to start (or a d0 recruit to make it a 2-man team) + an SK + now a recruit. So I don't think the game will end if we lynch misnomer, but we are likely to move in the right direction. Also with that kind of scum team, jailer + doctor is possible.
Vytron wrote:So I still have to decide if I withhold my kill or not. I basically have a reason to NOT kill everyone, except Mis.

Can you list your reasons for everyone? FWIW I think you're town, and I'm wondering if we should discuss your kill (final decision is obviously yours).

Doctors/jailers - one of you should protect vytron. I don't know if becoming culted makes you lose powers, but in any case I wouldn't want scum to have a vig, in case they can still cult. Preferably doctor and not jailer.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:00 pm UTC

About 6 hours until deadline.

Votals are still tied. Extension will be given if they stand that way at deadline. All that.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:21 pm UTC

I'm going to bed shortly, so this will likely be my last post before deadline. I will try to check in one last time in about half an hour if there is something to respond to.

@dimochka - did you ever ask about the action resolution order, and if so, what was the response? In other words, can we assume Bessie is town, if your claim is true?

My overall views haven't really changed since my last vote. As Misnomer is still high up ony scum list, and as I broadly agree with other people's reasons to lynch him, I am going to:

I'll trust Vytron to make his own decision on the kill. It would probably be wise to publish it in advance though, so that they don't accidentally get protected by our doctor or jailer.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:29 pm UTC

Deadline in about 5.5 hours.

Votals:

Vytron - 1 (Misnomer)
Misnomer - 3 (Bessie, Mpolo, Jimbobmacdoodle)

Not Voting: 3 (Madge, Moody7277, Vytron)

9 alive, 5 to lynch

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:34 pm UTC

Vote: bessie

I am unconvinced by any current arguments against Misnomer, so I won't vote for him. I don't want to make any vote mayhem, so even though he's my #2 suspect I will not be voting jimbob. This vote is in line with my previously stated opinions and also goes along with the lack of response from dimochka.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:10 am UTC

The response was "no comment", which to be honest is what I expected.

Now while I can understand that bessie may have been culted based on that, I already said that I know that anyone alive is town based on my results. Therefore, if cop results don't reveal a culting attempt, then that means that as far as this game is concerned I'm basically a naive cop, worse than a vanilla town. And I really doubt that this is the case. In my eyes that would reach a level of bastardry that I would not be expecting.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:10 am UTC

Deadline in about 3-ish hours.

Votals:

Vytron - 1 (Misnomer)
Bessie - 1 (Moody)

Not Voting: 2 (Madge, Vytron)

9 alive, 5 to lynch

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:50 am UTC

Okay, so here's my reasons for not killing anyone:

Vytron (LOLWUT? so I have self-voted and self-lynched on the past, but killing myself here would make absolutely no sense)
Bessie (Confirmed town by Dim)
Dimochka (Claimed cop)
Madge (Claimed Doctor)
mpolo (Claimed Mason with Bessie)
Freezeblade (Claimed Tracker)
moody7277 (Claimed Jailer)
jimbobmacdoodle (Claimed to become town now that Dracula is gone)

Mis? Oh, Mis played the "boohoo I'm going to die no matter what" card without any claim. He must die.

But if we lynch Mis we have nobody else to kill.

This is because it's kind of stupid to risk losing some powerrole.

Also, if this was a game without mafia, or with two protecting roles, it's possible there's no kills at night. This gets messed up if I kill.

In any case, I'm thinking of killing Moody, for reasons stated (he could be scum roleblocker) and because his vote for bessie makes no sense (Dim confirmed Bessie is town, if Bes is scum, so is Dim, but that's because you don't believe Dim's claim. Dim is lying, so you vote Dim. Oh, but from where does that come from? Cop is like the stock role in this kind of game, and Dim hasn't been counter-claimed, so I truly believe he's the cop.)

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:28 am UTC

Vytron wrote:Why Madge and not moody? If someone tried to recruit Madge, then it didn't work because she was jailed. If she wasn't jailed, then Moody is a liar, and it's him who should be killed.

Vytron, I picked Madge for the possible N0 recruit, not the N1 recruit.

If we are dealing with a N0 recruit this is my analysis.

Vytron – Possible.
SirGabriel – Possible but unlikely, bessie cleared by dimochka’s N1 cop, and I know it didn’t happen.
username5243 – Unlikely, new player.
Madge – Possible.
mpolo – Possible, but I know it didn’t happen.
ConMan – Not possible, by role reveal.
Freezeblade – Possible.
moody7277 – Possible.
jimbobmacdoodle – Unlikely, new player.
Coldblood11 – Unlikely, new player.

So from my point of view the most likely candidates are Vytron, freezeblade, Madge, and moody. So I guess the question is who do you think SDK may have chosen to be his partner?

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:44 am UTC

You're basing your analysis of what was the most likely N0 recruit on how old is a player? Because, that just enters Wine territory ("hmm, I'll recruit username because he's a new player, and nobody expects him to be recruited.")

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:57 am UTC

If you only have one recruit, would you really take a chance on someone who has never played before? (although username had played before, I think Vytron's newbie games were already over when this game started, so I guess you can add username to the list of possible recruits.)

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:06 am UTC

If I thought people would lynch the rest of players, or if they would lynch them from oldest to youngest, then yes, I'd recruit the person that everyone else would deem as the least likely recruit.

The point is, no strategy is better than the other, so you can't say someone is "unlikely" to be a N0 recruit, because the cult would want to recruit the one that looks the most "unlikely" to everyone else.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:42 am UTC

Deadline in 17 minutes.

Votals:

Vytron - 1 (Misnomer)
Bessie - 1 (Moody)

Not Voting: 2 (Madge, Vytron)

9 alive, 5 to lynch

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:50 am UTC

Vote: jimbobmacdoodle

I don't want Jim lynched, but I think we need more time to discuss who should I kill, if I should kill.

Remember that the remaining time can be used for what basically is a second lynch, so this is important, because if I withhold my kill it's as if tomorrow we No Lynched.

In any case, if someone logs in in the next 10 minutes and cancels the extension, they'll be basically dead, so I just request Madge/Moody to not protect them, if it comes to it.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:02 am UTC

Well, I didn't really have time for flavor tonight, so this works out nicely..

48 hour extension.

New Deadline Thursday, November 12 at 11:59 PM EST

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:03 am UTC

Unvote

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:53 am UTC

Glad to see there's an extension that happened, still not feeling great so here's my categorisation of people. It's not a town/scum list but a lynch/don'tlynch list, because I think people I find townie can be good lynch candidates since I don't trust my reads.

Don't Kill/Lynch
Mpolo/Bessie (they get here on the strength of mpolo, but can easily go to the other pile as it would mek a good scum falseclaim)
Freezeblade (an uncontested claim so early is townie; however it looks like scum has been given fake claims, since we've all claimed our names at this point haven't we?)
dimochka (un cc'd cop is probably legit. HOWEVER, for maximum effectiveness we do need him to flip so we know his results were trustworthy - but scum will handle that for us, in all likelihood, and if dim is scum well we have ways of dealing with that.)

Maybe Kill/Lynch
Vytron (merely having a kill makes you suspicious, sorry bra)
Jimbob (see above. I don't doubt these two have kills due to flavour, but whether they're town aligned is not a guarantee)
Misnomer (lackluster claim)
moody7277 (he visited me and nothing happened to me, so I don't know what to think)

Unlike Vytron I don't have an "Oh me yarm must kill/lyncH" box, hwich I think is because I'm not a very bloodthirsty player. But in a game centred around bloodshed, "maybe" is more than enough, I guess.

Vytron - if you're soliciting suggestions, I think tonight you should probably kill moody or jimbob.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:25 am UTC

I was probably being lazy with limiting myself to flavor arguments yesterday, but time was running out, and I also had no time to go deeper. Hopefully this afternoon will be better.

Dracula either started with an accomplice (who would be Lucy or Renfield by flavor, but Renfield is out and Lucy claims a town power) or had a recruit N0. (I am assuming this for balance, as a lucky lynch of Dracula D1 would have all but ended the game.) If that is the case, 1–2 of the people with reasonable claims are likely scum.

People who are somewhat cleared:
bessie - was copped by dimochka. I am hoping this cop is processed AFTER any recruits, because otherwise it is nearly useless.
dimochka - revealed a cop result that prevented a bessie wagon somewhat (they could both be scum)

Questions:
Either both moody and Madge are scum (I saw a recruit), or Madge is definitely town (I saw a jailing)
Freezeblade was presumably not protected

Bad calculation -- the bell just rang for class. Back later.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:47 am UTC

mpolo wrote:Either both moody and Madge are scum (I saw a recruit), or Madge is definitely town (I saw a jailing)

Not to implicate myself, but I feel I should point out that if moody is a truthful jailer, it doesn't logically follow I'm town; he could just as easily be jailer who saved town!Madge from the kill as jailer who stopped scum!Madge from performing it.

Return to “Mafia”