Draculafia! N3 - Nosferatu - GAME OVER - LIVING VICTORY

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Suzaku

Re: Draculafia! N3 - Nosferatu - GAME OVER - LIVING VICTORY

Postby Suzaku » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:58 am UTC

Madge wrote:Great game, great fun! So the undead has no killing power then?

Yeah, the only non-town kill was Conman as Renfield. He would have kept his kill if recruited, though. (All other recruits lost their powers.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:34 am UTC

Suzaku wrote:I'm kind of surprised this caused so much kerfuffle.

I think jailers on xkcd forum mafias have always blocked any other actions performed on the target, not just kills.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:59 am UTC

Always remembered Jailers as Roleblock + Doctor.

Some "recent" jailers (in reverse order)
1. Matrix6 Redux (username5243). No information.

2. Best Idea Mafia
Town Jailkeeper
You are a Town Jailkeeper.
Abilities
During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
Jailkeeper: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. Any targets/nightkills that player make will fail. This player will also be immune to nightkills for that Night.
Win Condition
You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name.

3. Discworld Mafia
Lawrencelot is dead. Lawrencelot was the town jailer, Doughnut Jimmy. His concoctions always took you out, it was like he was giving you horse medicine!

4. Monstrous Masquerade Mafia.
Misnomer was the town Jailer.
Once per night they could “jail” a target, making them both unable to perform or be affected by night actions.

5. Shakespeare Mafia
You are Mercutio, friend to Romeo and to the Prince.

You, like Beatrice, are born to speak all mirth and no matter. Your posting restriction is to employ wordplay (or other humorous devices, such as irony) in some way in at least every other post.

As a friend to the prince, you may jail one other player each night. They will be both roleblocked and unable to be attacked.

You are town, and win when all threats to the town have been neutralized.

6. Doctor Who Mafia (mpolo). No information.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:34 am UTC

Thanks for the game everyone, and especially DJ for the flavour.

I didn't have much hope, after the N1/D2 debacle, of coming out on top. Bizarrely, town would have won on N2 WITHOUT the jailing as I had tried to recruit freezeblade - his power was way too dangerous to a suspected recruiter, so I had to get him onto my side.

With the misfortune of both Vytron and I killing SDK, the serial killer dead and thus no real number thinning going on, and my teammate turning out to be suspicious purely because they had the misfortune to be Lucy, I'm not sure what else I could have done. I hoped that my fake claim might delay suspicion on me for a couple of days at least, but really the mass claim did not do me any favours.

It would also have been nice to actually have had someone to chat with in my first game to bounce ideas off, but I didn't join the main scum faction until D2 and only had night chat, but no team mates to talk with from that point on.

I'm still confused about bessie and her certainty. What was your power, or were you simply plain old mason?

Anyway, looking forward to next year's game!
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:09 pm UTC

Great game, town!

I think the only real problem here was that there were a fairly small number of canonical characters available, which made name claiming too powerful. Of course none of us guessed that Count Orlock was present…

Thanks so much for the attention to detail in the flavor, which really adds to such a game.
Image <-- Evil experiment

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:10 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Great game, town!

I think the only real problem here was that there were a fairly small number of canonical characters available, which made name claiming too powerful. Of course none of us guessed that Count Orlock was present…

Thanks so much for the attention to detail in the flavor, which really adds to such a game.
Actually, I think ConMan mentioned it, and that was one reason I voted for him D1, as I couldn't risk him being able to persuade everyone else that Orlock was around. If I'd known he was a serial killer, I suspect I wouldn't have worried, but hindsight and all that.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:50 pm UTC

Bessie's certainty was that she was a bodyguard for me. If someone had tried to recruit me, she would have died.
Image <-- Evil experiment

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:02 am UTC

Sorry so long in replying to this. The game ended just as I was leaving on my trip.

Thank you Djehutynakht and Suzaku for running this game. I had a very enjoyable time playing. And the flavor was brilliant, especially the hint about the double kill (hooray I was right about something).

I finally read through the spoilers and it looks like SDK was by himself on D1 and recruited Misnomer N1? So I was right about Misnomer but for the wrong reasons, I guess my scumdar is still needs work. I am unclear after reading the spoilers as to whether or not Misnomer and freezeblade knew they were lovers.

Jimbobmacdoodle, I thought you played a great first game! Good job on choosing a believable fake claim; I was never certain if you were town or scum. I believed you were scum because I saw your claimed win condition as antitown, but no one else ever seemed to agree with me on that, therefore I always doubted my read on you. Jimbob, what was your real win condition if you didn’t kill Dracula?

Madge, I’m sorry if I annoyed you. I’m trying to develop a more aggressive meta so that if I’m ever actually scum in a game again I won’t look so out of place that I am lynched D1. By the way congratulations and welcome to married life. :D

Good game everyone and thank you for playing!

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:22 am UTC

Hehe, also, I think it's the very first time I accuse someone about having an agenda to get me mislynched, and am right.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:35 am UTC

Thanks bessie. It was fun playing, even with almost certainly having lost shortly into D3.

I became Lord of the Undead, regardless of whether I killed Dracula, or someone else did. As such, I won as scum, like a typical mafia member, but only if Dracula died first.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:21 am UTC

Bessie - I wasn't mad at you?? I don't think?? No hard feelings. I don't tend to hold grudges, and on a pretend internet game doubly so.

Thanks again for all the wedding related wishes! If you folks are interested, here's a couple of photos:

Walking down the aisle together:
http://i.imgur.com/NNVvE64.jpg

Ceremony:
http://i.imgur.com/WM4p6LO.jpg

SNAKE after the cermony :D :D
http://i.imgur.com/NyMgM80.jpg

Pretty photo:
http://i.imgur.com/Z7mSD40.jpg
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:03 pm UTC

Did you specifically hire someone to bring that snake to the ceremony?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:45 pm UTC

It was at the zoo, so it was an offered service for duing the cocktail hour - her name was Wendy and she is a Woma Python! She was really cool.

Another bit of australiana:

We also had a welcome to country (background: http://www.noongar.org.au/images/pdf/fo ... ide16p.pdf ; photo from the ceremony: http://i.imgur.com/fEVh673.jpg ) - it's a way of acknowledging the traditional, aboriginal owners of the land by inviting someone from the local aboriginal community to speak at the beginning of the event. The lady in the picture's name is Ingrid and she sort of led everyone in singing some traditional celebration chant, I guess you could call it, as well as doing a little bit of singing herself (she had a wonderful voice) and talking a little bit about love and marriage. It was a real honour to be able to make this small gesture to such a marginalised group.

As with most such situations where europeans invade/"settle" a new place, the Aboriginal people in Australia had entire cultures and languages eradicated. We're really fortunate in Perth that the Noongar people are still around, and their language is now spoken by 250 people - up from 150 20 years ago. Unfortunately, there's so many ways in which the past and present situation is so hard for the Aboriginal people - their life expectancy is TEN YEARS LOWER than non-Aboriginal Australians, and poverty, alcoholism, etc is unfortunately rampant, not to mention racism due to the stereotypes that result from this. I hope that things continue to improve, but it's so bad, and in many ways things are getting worse.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:05 am UTC

Madge, once again hearty congratulations. Looks like a wonderful day.

I just have to ask (don't feel you have to answer though) - did you ever live in Brissie as a kid? Cause you look so much like someone I used to know.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:37 am UTC

Never lived in Brissie, just Perth and Bunbury (for 2012).

Return to “Mafia”