Draculafia! N3 - Nosferatu - GAME OVER - LIVING VICTORY

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Djehutynakht

Draculafia! N3 - Nosferatu - GAME OVER - LIVING VICTORY

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:32 am UTC

Draculafia
An xkcd Mafia Halloween Special!

"Begone, fiend!"

Dracula hissed as he saw Van Helsing place the Eucharistic wafer in his coffin. He recoiled, drawing his cloak around his body as Jack Seward and Quincey Morris flung holy water in his direction. He could see Arthur Holmwood trying to edge around behind him with another holy wafer. He knew that it was hopeless. They had destroyed all of his resting places in England but one. Stained the soft soil of his homeland with those infernal pieces of bread! He could not chance them finding the last one. He would be helpless. The only option was to retreat. To return back to his castle. There he would be safe. He knew it better than anyone. Had walked those passages over hundreds of years. There he would have the advantage.

What misfortune he had run into encountering this bunch so early in his travels. He had come to prey on a young pretty woman he came across when first arriving on these shores. Lucy Westenra. She was the perfect start to his stay in Britain. But alas! These men she knew! How they came to know of this infernal doctor, this man Van Helsing, who knew his secrets, knew how to stop him, he did not know. How they had come to know Jonathan Harker through Lucy's dearest friend, the other woman, Mina. How Jonathan Harker was still alive! The man was supposed to be dead--or at the very least, Undead. They had stopped him from praying on Ms Westenra. They had tracked him down. Found his hiding places. Uncovered his plans. Hunted him into every corner until now here he was.

"What fools!" Dracula bellowed at them. "What fools to think you can stand against one like me! One who has fought countless battles! One who has gone through the centuries acquiring knowledge and power! Who has defeated Death himself! I will not go down! I shall be victorious!"

With that he turned suddenly and burst out the front door, his cloak billowing up behind him, knocking Holmwood outside. As he bounded down the steps and onto the street, a man grabbed his arm, firmly.

"Sir, I am with Scotland Yard. I demand--"

Dracula turned to him. In his anger and surprise, he had forgotten to conceal himself. Dracula stared at the man, his pointed features twisted into an expression of pure fury, his teeth bared as he hissed, and his eyes blood red. With a superhuman jerk he freed his arm from the man's grasp, pulling the man forward and onto the sidewalk as Dracula made his escape. He was too quick, and before anyone could track him, he was gone.

But that was not the end. Those who had sworn to fight Dracula, who would not be content simply with his flight, would not give up. They followed him. Chasing him across Europe using every resource and every cunning they could to keep on his trail. But Dracula was fast and witty himself. He made it back to his castle, his stronghold, a mere hours before the group pursuing
him arrived. It was night. October. The living gathered on the ground below Castle Dracula.The wind chilled and the leaves of the Transylvanian autumn swirled around them. They looked up at the crumbling ruin as moonbeams shined down upon it, hitting the castle's crumbling walls where it sat looming high above the group, at the edge of a steep cliff.

Three woman had come down to the base of the rock to meet them. It seemed they were keen to seduce the men of the party. Perhaps it was a distraction. It didn't work. The group was hard-gritted and determined to reach their goal. Van Helsing easily deduced the trio as vampiresses. They were quickly dispatched of.

Once again the group turned its attention to the monstrosity on the hill. There, they thought, they could see a man looking down from atop a turret. A man with gleaming, furious red eyes. Waiting, anticipating.

Without further hesitation, they hurried up the cliff.

Some Generic Rules:
Spoiler:
1.Do not talk about the game outside this thread. Apart from a properly labeled spoiler in the discussion thread.
2. Please stay on topic.
3. Lurking is discouraged. Please notify the mod if unable to play. Lurkers may be removed or replaced if no response given.
4. If you aren't part of the game, please do not post in the thread.
5. Do not post in this thread during the night.
6. The dead will only be allowed to give a final death post. Me being who I am, I cannot deny any of you a death flavor post. But please, no spoilers.
7. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM. Paraphrasing is fine.
8. You may not edit your posts.
9. You must play to your current win condition.
10. All Pms must be copied to the mod, Djehutynakht, and to the co-mod, Suzaku.
11. All votes, unvotes and question go on a separate line, bolded.
12. Questions may be asked to the mod in public, bolded, or by PM.
13. Deadlines will apply firmly whether a mod calls them or not. A grace period may be retroactively granted. Pure discussion may continue until night is called.
14. No cryptography
15. No self targeting.

Some specific rules and notes:

1. Some elements in this game may or may not be considered by some to be Bastard. I'm not intentionally trying to mess with everyone's heads, but fair warning. There is a possibility that roles or win conditions may change for certain individuals depending on game events. Maybe the only change will be that from alive to dead. Who knows?
2. Lynch ties at deadline will generally result in a small extension, at which time breaking the tie is extremely encouraged, though not mandatory. If it is not broken, no-lynch occurs.

Player List:

Players:
1. Vytron
2. SirGabriel Bessie
3. username5243 Dimochka
4. SDK - DEAD, Count Dracula (undead)
5. Madge
6. mpolo
7. ConMan - DEAD, Renfield (serial killer)
8. Freezeblade - DEAD, Arthur Holmwood, Lord Godalming , Tracker; Living.
9. moody7277
10. jimbobmacdoodle
11. coldblood11 Misnomer - DEAD, Lucy Westenra (Vampire Minion, Undead)

Replacements:
1. dimochka
2. bessie
3. Echo244

Moderators:
1. Djehutynakht Nope. Still Djehutynakht
2. Suzaku
Last edited by Djehutynakht on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:42 pm UTC, edited 8 times in total.

Djehutynakht

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:46 am UTC

Day 1 - A Masque of Fog

The Living started up the long, heavily wooded road to Dracula's castle. To each side of them, amongst the trees, they could hear the padding of feet. Twigs snapping. Now and then they would glance a pair of sharp eyes staring out at them from the darkness.

"It is ze wolves," Professor Van Helsing told them. "The Vampyre has ze powers of control over ze actions of ze wolves. We are being too well armed for them to attack, I think. It may also be ze Undead is wanting to confront us on his own self. He wants to be in ze position to face us, I think. He may be one of ze Undead, but he is still an old Boyar. He has his pride and his honor to consider".

At a turn in the road, the group was surprised to see, drifting in the wind toward them, envelopes. Each addressed to their own name and each containing the note which you all saw earlier.

"A Masquerade!" Arthur Holmwood, Lord Godalming, exclaimed. "What does he think he's getting at? We know who he is! What is this rubbish?"

"I think he is trying to be using ze tricks of ze mind," Van Helsing concluded.

"Yes, I think so," concurred Dr. Seward, the resident psychological expert. "He's trying to play games with us".

"Well this is one game he won't be forgetting," Quincey Morris said, spitting on the ground. "A Masquerade! Ha! Well his face is going to be unrecognizable after we're done with him".

"Everyone please be keeping on your heads," Van Helsing concluded. "We cannot have ze time to entertain these distractions. Please be keeping your minds only to task which we have travelled these many miles to carry out.

By now they had reached the threshold of the Castle. The tall, dark walls loomed up around them. But yet, there was no sign of the monstrous Count. Or anyone else, for that matter.

As was expected, the large front doors creaked open. And nobody was behind them.

A trap? Perhaps so. But they had come to settle a score. To fight an evil. And even if that meant death... they had to proceed.

The group entered the wide main hall of the castle. Some held torches. Some held weapons. Some holy water, Eucharist, and other items to repel the evil Undead. Decaying tapestries hung limply in tatters on the walls. An inch of dust covered the place, except where small pieces of stone and mortar had rained down, creating holes in the ceiling. Dark shapes stood out of view, eyed warily by the intruders. Doors branched off this main hall into parts unknown, and a great staircase ascended, though the steps too, were broken and crumbling. Moonlight streamed in through broken windows, and the cool breeze of the night outside came in.

At once, a particularly high gust caused the door to slam shut behind them. Several people turned at the sound, and when they looked back, there, atop the stairs, looking down at them with a sneering grin, was Dracula.

"Ah, my friends, my friends, welcome! Welcome!"

His false niceties were greeted with silence.

"I am of course so glad that you could make it. It is my absolute honor to be your host!"

Dracula took a deep bow, then looked down at them, and then his face turned to that of false shock.

"But what is this? I told you we would be having a Masquerade! And yet none of you have costumes! Well, this is perfectly unacceptable! As I am sure you understand, at a Masquerade, people do not know who the other guests are! But I am, of course, an accommodating host. I am sure I can find a solution".

With that, Dracula waved his hand. Immediately, through the windows and the doorways and arches began to creep a mist. It was a sort of eerie mist, entirely supernatural. It began to fill up the room.

"Ze mist," Van Helsing whispered to the others. "It is another of ze Vampire's powers. We vill not be able to see".

"What's that Doctor?" Dracula called down from atop the stairs. "What were you saying? Not able to see? Why that's the whole point!

We're going to play a little game. It's a marvelous game native to the people of my homeland. You're going to try and guess who I am. Group decision. Then we're going to kill that person. In the event that you fail, which is likely, I'm going to come after one of you! Now what do you say?"

The group below was trying to keep beside each other while simultaneously watching Dracula for any sudden moves, but they found that the fog was gradually separating them. They were becoming lost. Even their voices became indistinguishable against the walls of this eerie building.

"I will take that as a yes then," Dracula said, climbing onto a bannister. "Well then, good luck. Let us see who will survive to see the sun come up!"

With that, Dracula jumped from the bannister into the crowd below. The fog having set in, nobody, even Dracula himself, knew the identity of any other individual within.

The only way out will be to play the game. You said you'd risk your lives. Hopefully, though, you manage to take Dracula with you.

Good luck.

It is now Day 1.
Day 1 is scheduled to end on Tuesday, October 27, EST - Concrete deadline to be announced.

Votes:

None- 0
Not Voting - 11 (coldblood11, ConMan, Freezeblade, jimbobmacdoodle, Madge, moody7277, mpolo, SDK, SirGabriel, username5243, Vytron)
Last edited by Djehutynakht on Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:09 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:58 am UTC

Comod voice on and egoposted.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:30 am UTC

And so it begins.

I forgot just how much flavour text there was in the last Halloween game (the only one I've read!). Am definitely looking forward to taking part.

This is my first time playing on here, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe at this point it is traditional to:

Vote Vytron
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:02 am UTC

So, I happen to have just re-read the book, but the fact that we are after the events of the book means that I have little advantage.

The flavor makes Dracula out to be the only threat. Presumably, he converts his victims to undead, however, so we are essentially fighting a cult. In the book, it takes him several tries to convert someone to undead, but I suspect that for game purposes, it has to go quickly.

According to flavor, we have already taken care of the brides.

Town should include
Arthur Holmwood (Lord something-with-a-G) - previously engaged to Lucy Westenra. Has a lot of money and connections.
Dr. Seward - Friend of Van Helsing, runs sanatorium. Previously a suitor of Lucy. Could well be a doctor in a mafia game.
Mina Harker - Novel always makes a point of how confident, competent, and otherwise non-Victorian-womanly she is
Jonathan Harker - Totally dedicated to the chase. The chase is what keeps him sane after his experiences. The castle may be traumatic for him.
Quincey Morris (I believe he died at the end of the book, but we've replaced the last bit of the novel, and he is in the flavor) - An American and suitor of Lucy. Tends to be on the active side with guns and knives.
Dr. Van Helsing - Likely the most important town character. Knows the lore and what to do.

Mafia should include
Dracula

I don't know about other roles that are likely here. Renfield should be dead by this time, but could easily be retconned into a vampire, I suppose. Maybe some villagers (vanilla town?). Maybe some gypsies as mafia-supporters or full mafia members. (Maybe the mafia can only recruit if Dracula personally carries out the kill?)
Image <-- Evil experiment

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:29 pm UTC

Vote jimbobmacdoodle

for being the new guy.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:12 pm UTC

Votals:

Vytron - 1 (jimbobmacdoodle)
jimbobmacdoodle - 1 (SirGabriel)

Not voting: SDK, ConMan, Madge, mpolo, coldblood11, freezeblade, Vytron, moody7277, username5243

11 players, 6 to lynch.

Deadline: Tuesday, October 27, EST - Concrete deadline TBA.
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:46 pm UTC

Vote jimbobmacdoodle

for being scum.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:03 pm UTC

Vote: SDK

because I know I'll be doing it sometime on D1 anyway, might as well get it out of the way now.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:15 pm UTC

I already got my SDK joke vote out on the sign up thread.

Good to have a player who has read the book, even though I'm usually suspicious of overly helpful players.

JBM (if I may use that acronym) votes: SirG looks jokey, SDK is typical him, so no data there.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:15 am UTC

@jimbobmacdoodle: No, it was a tradition to vote me in 2013. I understand people wanting to keep alive ancient traditions, but I'll claim the tradition died somewhere early 2014...

Anyway, fun times:

I claim power-role town.

This will mess up with scum's heads (will they avoid me? will they target me? Is this optimal if I'm vanilla to draw the kill? I'm a power role claiming truthfully so that they believe I'm vanilla?) other people feel free to ignore it.

And I'll just go ahead and ignore all the votes currently happening on stage, unless someone reports being serious.

A game where Dracula is the the only threat and gets lynched D1 would be extremely boring, so I bet we have at least 2 scum factions.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:06 am UTC

So, joke votes are jokey, Vytron is Vytron...y, and people here know way more of the theme than me so I will trust that they're presenting the speculation somewhat fairly. Of course, Vytron's claim is annoying because in recent memory I think his gambits have tended either to "be 100% honest to the point that no-one believes it" or "introduce so much confusion that no-one knows what to believe" and this is basically right in the centre of it. So while I don't advocate lynching him for the bold claim, I would not be particularly surprised if he was night killed (and if he were, I don't know whether I'd be pinning it on scum, vig or other kill).

On the other hand, I do agree with his assertion that two scum factions are a possibility. Flavour-wise, I'm not sure where the second faction would come in - Renfield, if around, may be either some kind of recruitable minion or independent anti-town role; there's a small chance Lucy Westenra is around and similarly susceptible to the count; otherwise the best I can imagine is that Djehutynakht has snuck in a character from some other kind of gothic horror - perhaps Frankenstein or Dr Hyde, or even another version of Dracula himself (Nosferatu, anyone?). Failing that, it's quite possible we just have a simple town-versus-scum setup, where the scum team is presumably Dracula plus a couple of minions - if he has all three of his Weird Sisters in tow then we'd be looking at 7-4 which is *tough* unless we have some strong town roles to counter them.

I consider it unlikely, balance-wise, that Dracula would be able to recruit, but some kind of influence ability doesn't sound impossible. Or I guess a recruit that wasn't guaranteed for whatever reason (perhaps Van Helsing is equipped with anti-vampire measures up the wazoo?).
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:00 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:JBM (if I may use that acronym) votes

I assume you are referring to me here? I'd suggest Jim or Jimbob as abbreviations of my name. I'm less likely to miss those.

Flavour wise, I'm pretty blind, having never read the book. Pretty much all my knowledge is from Wikipedia. Mpolo's statement about there potentially only being one Mafia member at this point sounds reasonable, but I would guess that there is something to prevent a game over after one night. Is Dracula one of those vampires who has an annoying habit of returning from the dead? If there'd been more people playing I'd have said that the brides might not be permanently gone, but it seems unlikely that only some will be in the game and 4 scum (presumably) - Dracula and the brides - would be a bit much (ok, I just saw ConMan's bit on this in his post, so yeah what he said). I'd guess that if he has the ability to recruit, it'd be limited in some way. Last year's game included a recruiting mafia, but it was very slow.

Freezeblade and SirGabriel votes both are presumably joke votes. I presume SDK's is as well, but it wouldn't be the first time such a vote was an attempt to get a reaction. I'm going to treat it as a joke as well for now.

Vytron mayor may not not be a power role. I'm going to ignore it for now and look for other towny or scummy behaviour. As he regularly spills this sort of beer (or is it wine?), and sometimes tells the truth, I'm going to

Unvote
BlitzGirl the Primordial

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:14 pm UTC

I would suspect that Dracula is immune to lots of stuff in the night. (He can turn into a bat, a wolf, or mist.) During the day, he can't change form, but can act. He has the strength of 10 men at night. He can only be killed by staking (or knifing) his heart and cutting off the head. Most of the book involves finding and destroying his coffins, as he seems to only be able to sleep in dirt from his homeland. Which is a moot question here, as we are in his homeland.

I agree that Dracula being alone would be too easy, which is why I suggested cooperation from the gypsies. In the book, they are pretty firmly in his hand. (Jonathan bribes them to send a letter to Mina out, and they take his money and give the letter to Dracula.)

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:12 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:Vote: SDK

because I know I'll be doing it sometime on D1 anyway, might as well get it out of the way now.

Should I not-so-subtly claim doctor so you can keep it there?

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:23 pm UTC

SDK wrote:
freezeblade wrote:Vote: SDK

Should I not-so-subtly claim doctor so you can keep it there?

Sounds a bit more like a Snark or Vytron gambit than classic SDK play, tbh. I wouldn't take any votes seriously yet today.

unvote: SDK

Now that I've posted a second time, I see no reason to keep a joke vote on.

we Really need to get some talking going on this game though.

I'm flavor blind besides any movie with Dracula in it.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:01 pm UTC

That was a reference to the last halloween game. Doctor claim leading to Beloved Soul claim leading to SK victory!

Okay, so let's talk. 11 player game probably has 8 townies, whether that's 3 mafia or 2 mafia/1 SK. It's possible we're at 7 if there's a not-too-anti-town neutral running around. So... 7 townies... well there's me, freezeblade, mpolo, moody, Vytron and... two or three more who haven't posted yet probably. Anyway want to disagree with that list?

Holy smokes! I just noticed we have someone named coldblood in this game!? Obv scum.

Unvote, Vote coldblood11.

coldblood, welcome to xkcd. From the tone of your signup post it sounds like you've played mafia before. How experienced are you? Totally unrelated question: are you good at this game?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:39 pm UTC

SDK wrote:So... 7 townies... well there's me, freezeblade, mpolo, moody, Vytron and... two or three more who haven't posted yet probably. Anyway want to disagree with that list?

Well, since I'm not on it, I'm going to stick my hand up as disagreeing!
Also, you didn't mention ConMan, the only other player to have posted. Do you think he is one of the scum?
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:41 am UTC

Mod Notes:

1. Coldblood11 will likely be replaced. He hasn't logged in since the day he joined, and his sign-up was the only post he ever made.

2. Username5243 is also close to replacement, but less so. He didn't confirm, but he's received my PMs. He'll get a little more time in case he's busy.

Votals:

jimbobmacdoodle - 1 (SirGabriel)
coldblood11 - 1 (SDK)

Not voting: 9 - coldblood11, ConMan, Freezeblade, jimbobmacdoodle, Madge, moody7277, mpolo, username5243, Vytron

11 players, 6 to lynch.

[/quote]

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:57 am UTC

guys i just found this thread didn't realise there was a new one created, I was wondering why nothing happened in the confirm thread for DAYS, I don't think I have time to do a proper reply for like two days, but I will get to it I promise
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:01 am UTC

ok quick skim looks like i didn't miss much except some setup spec so here's mine: i believe there are possibly multiple undead factions, and i know characters are either living or undead (probably just names for town and scum but millers etc always a possibility)

also regrettably because quick skim right now i didn't get a chance to read DJ's delicious flavour which is what I'm most excited for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:10 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
SDK wrote:So... 7 townies... well there's me, freezeblade, mpolo, moody, Vytron and... two or three more who haven't posted yet probably. Anyway want to disagree with that list?

Also, you didn't mention ConMan, the only other player to have posted. Do you think he is one of the scum?

Maybe. Is there a reason you forgot SirGabriel?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:00 pm UTC

SDK wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:

Maybe. Is there a reason you forgot SirGabriel?

Nope, other than I didn't scroll far enough down on my phone! <note to self: be more careful when looking to see who has posted>
BlitzGirl the Primordial

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:34 pm UTC

No follow-up on your previous question to me?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:23 pm UTC

Okay, SirG, we are almost down to the nitty and the gritty; time to justify or revote.

Vote: SirGabriel

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:36 pm UTC

SDK wrote:No follow-up on your previous question to me?

Not at the moment unless you plan on divulging more than "maybe".
BlitzGirl the Primordial

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:43 pm UTC

Unvote

Looks like people are trying to be more serious now, though there don't seem to be any serious votes (or at least I'm assuming moody will unvote me now that I have unvoted, since leaving my joke vote there seems to be why he voted me in the first place). Other than Vytron's wine, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot to talk about, so for now I'm not going to vote for anyone.

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:55 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
SDK wrote:No follow-up on your previous question to me?

Not at the moment unless you plan on divulging more than "maybe".

I don't volunteer information.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:01 pm UTC

Unvote

SirGabriel wrote: there doesn't seem to be a whole lot to talk about, so for now I'm not going to vote for anyone.

Well, there's:

--mpolo's rolespec based on the novel. No one else has admitted to having his level of knowledge of the book, which kind of puts us in a vulnerable position if you assume he's suspicious.

--SDK's "townie list". Harmless fun or vintage wine?

--Vytron as usual. Consensus right now looks like throwing up of hands regarding him.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:32 pm UTC

SDK wrote:I don't volunteer information.

Strange that. I'd have thought that a member of town would volunteer as much information as is sensible to reveal...
BlitzGirl the Primordial

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:49 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:

Strange that. I'd have thought that a member of town would volunteer as much information as is sensible to reveal...

1) Please explain why.
2) Am I town?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:14 pm UTC

SDK wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:

1) Please explain why.
2) Am I town?

1) Others may disagree, but it is my belief that the more we talk, and the more information we share, the harder it is for scum to hide among us. Also, if a town member should meet an untimely end, it is sometimes helpful to have their suspicions available to be seen by all.
2) Not necessarily. I don't find your actions so far do not seem to have been overly scummy, just the sort of thing that I think I've seen in reading your past games (both as scum and as town). I do not know whether you are scum, town, or some independent. I would probably play slightly differently.

That all being said, I really have no idea who could be scum. I don't even really have a suspicion of anybody. I get the impression that I'm not the only one.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:06 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:1) Others may disagree, but it is my belief that the more we talk, and the more information we share, the harder it is for scum to hide among us. Also, if a town member should meet an untimely end, it is sometimes helpful to have their suspicions available to be seen by all.

I agree with everything you said here. The reason I don't volunteer information is specifically to get more information out of other players. If someone wants something, I find it's more valuable to make them ask for it. At least, at the beginning of Day 1.

Hmm... Madge! Couldn't help but notice that you used a lot of exclamation marks in your latest post. Was that for my benefit?

I also want more people to comment on my list of townies. That list was actually 100% serious.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:35 pm UTC

No offense, but your list of townies looked random to me.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:47 pm UTC

SDK wrote:I also want more people to comment on my list of townies. That list was actually 100% serious.

Well, in a strategic sense, town!you would post the list as just a very compact form of reads, albeit with no real justification for that set (or really any info from which to base a justification). Scum!you could post a list of townies with impunity, and should any be lynched/NKed, you look good. Except, if there are any independents on your list, they would have your number. Exactly how they would use that info would depend on what type of independent they were.

As for the list itself:

SDK wrote:me, freezeblade, mpolo, moody, Vytron

that looks like a list of the people posting most minus JimBob, who you are now needling. The splits you give along with the list sound reasonable enough.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:28 am UTC

Madge wrote:and i know characters are either living or undead (probably just names for town and scum but millers etc always a possibility)

I suspect that we all got that information (at least I did). I feel a little uncomfortable about role-PM wording arguments, as they are coming close to the rules about not quoting PMs. (I've stopped myself 3 times from posting a tiny point here. So I'm not going to post that, though it is pretty obvious.)

More later…

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:31 pm UTC

Vote: Madge

For trying to do a PM gambit, but more importantly doing it badly with so obvious a statement. To quote SDK, this vote is now serious.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:30 pm UTC

Madge wrote:i believe there are possibly multiple undead factions, and i know characters are either living or undead

Madge, why do you believe there are possibly multiple undead factions? Flavour-wise, who do you think those factions consist of? From reading Wikipedia, it seems to me that there is only one possible undead faction within the Dracula story.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:26 am UTC

Votals:

coldblood11 - 1 (SDK)
Madge - 1 (moody7277)

Not voting (9): ConMan, Madge, mpolo, coldblood11, Vytron, username5243, jimbobmacdoodle, freezeblade, SirGabriel,

11 players, 6 to lynch.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:03 am UTC

OK I have finally had a chance to read the flavour (which is what I was looking forward to most!). It was an enjoyable read, thankyou DJ for producing it.

Since I've now read the flavour, the living/undead thing is made pretty obvious, so my little chunk of info (which I thought was not well-known because nobody seemed to mention it in their posts) was not very helpful, so I can see how it looks like scum trying to sound useful.

There's nothing concrete that makes me think there's multiple factions, other than I just get the 'feeling' from the way things are worded. I could well be wrong. No ideas on the flavour justification for multiple factions, either.

I am pretty confident there are multiple kills, though I'm not sure if it's maf/vig or maf/sk or multiple methods of the mafia performing the kill (e.g. killing outright vs turning into vampire). That said, nothing seems to indicate that people can turn into vampires; but nothing indicates otherwise, either. (This multiple kill implication of my PM is part of how I get the 'feeling' of multiple enemy factions)

Vytron is being his usual self; a nulltell.

SDK is being SDK but coming up with a town/scum list before half the people have even posted is a bit rich. Further posts will elaborate no doubt.

Return to “Mafia”