Draculafia! N3 - Nosferatu - GAME OVER - LIVING VICTORY

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1315
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby freezeblade » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:33 pm UTC

I'm of the opinion that there's really not much to analyze on D1. There are no hard facts (like flips), and everything is hearsay. The only thing to really discuss is flavor and setup, then gut feelings about how people word their idle discussion.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby mpolo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:52 pm UTC

Sorry about so much flavor posting. I just tend to give it up when I have it, then forget to do more.

As to Madge. She has been making arguments and statements which she says are founded in her PM. There are ways that I can read this that are definitely townie, but I am trying to avoid talking about them because if they do indicate towniness, picking at them provides more information to scum, possibly revealing things that I would rather not reveal at this point. On the other hand, she has had a couple of defensive-looking posts that I would tend to read more scummy. So I guess she's dropped into the neutral pack. I'll try to get some impressions on more players tonight or tomorrow.

I will be away from the keyboard from Friday afternoon to Monday afternoon (Europe time). I hope that that is not a problem.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Madge » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:52 am UTC

freezeblade wrote:I'm of the opinion that there's really not much to analyze on D1. There are no hard facts (like flips), and everything is hearsay. The only thing to really discuss is flavor and setup, then gut feelings about how people word their idle discussion.


Image

I hate D1 for the same reasons. SDK is being erratic, Vytron is making a bold claim, Bessie, Misnomer and mpolo are examining the minutae of peoples' posts - meanwhile the power roles don't have any results and we don't have any wagons to analyse. I wanted to be a bit helpful sharing what I thought was relevant/helpful info from my role PM to get people talking/interested and to also make sure that we are on our toes.

That said if you've been scum 8/8 times then you're super unlucky so I'm guessing you're also scum this time. IGMEOY, FB.

I like Misnomer even though I think her post was very analytical of something that is almost certainly not as deep as it looks.

Jimbob isn't sticking out to me so I'll have to have another look.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Vytron » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:14 am UTC

@Dim: Well, usually I make a bold claim like the one on this game, then people argue with me about it, and usually think I'm scummy because of it, and I make several long posts defending my strategy, etc. etc.

This day is atypical because people just went "this is Vytron being Vytron/beer" and such, and they didn't suspect me for the claim, finally. So you meet the me that doesn't have to make long posts defending an opinion and arguing with people.

I always relate big red Xs with something negative, so I'll always get confused when Madge uses them to agree with people.

But other than that, Moody always seems to cross some kind of line or acts oddly when scum, so this looks like his townie self. Jimbo seems fine. Madge tends to overdo her play as town.

People have done a great job of avoiding suspicious play.

Vote: Freezeblade

He has just dedicated recently about talking about himself, and he doesn't seem to be doing anything productive to help us catch scum.

freezeblade wrote:(Except this one of course, where I'm town)


This sounds consciously written and not natural. This is because "I haven't been town in a game for nearly a year" is something you think to post on your ninth game as scum.

Madge wrote:I like Misnomer even though I think her post was very analytical of something that is almost certainly not as deep as it looks.


Why is getting too analytical on a very small detail bad? I've been accused of being suspicious before by doing it, but I frankly not get it. If you see something, it's fine if you get all your magnifying glassed and put them over each other to squish all the analysis out of it. I appreciate the way Misnomer went and explained her gut feeling. It almost got me to vote mpolo but then she included the "gut feeling, but a thought-through gut feeling" line - this looks like her genuine thoughts about the situation and not something scum would invent to impress.

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Misnomer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:22 pm UTC

Having little to go on in D1 is hardly novel - and really it should be a situation for people being more willing to throw out votes and pick up on small points, rather than closing down discussions or evading content with 'it's probably nothing'.

Unvote
Vote: Madge


Because her soft-defence of mpolo doesn't sit well with me.

In other news, I'd like to see more content from Freezeblade, so questions time: Freezeblade, why aren't you voting for anyone at the moment? Also, if you had to immediately pick any other player who would be auto-killed if you yourself were lynched, who would it be and why?


PS: he/him/his please - it's Misnomer, not Miss Nomer ;)
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Suzaku » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:46 pm UTC

Votals:

Madge - 2 (moody7277, Misnomer)
freezeblade - 2 (jimbobmacdoodle, Vytron)

Not voting (7): bessie, ConMan, Madge, mpolo, dimochka, freezeblade, SDK.

11 players, 6 to lynch.

Deadline: Thursday, October 29, 11:59 PM EST - just over 14 hours

Tied votals at deadline will result in an extension.

Thanks to mpolo for informing us of his upcoming AFK period. We do appreciate it.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby bessie » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:56 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:I'm of the opinion that there's really not much to analyze on D1. There are no hard facts (like flips), and everything is hearsay. The only thing to really discuss is flavor and setup, then gut feelings about how people word their idle discussion.

Seriously? What should we do on D1? Not talk and random vote? So you’re not going to contribute based on this justification? I disagree that D1 is only idle discussion. There is so much that is wrong with this post, and most disturbing is that it came from an experienced player that knows better.

Vote: freezeblade

And for good measure FOS: Madge for agreeing with freezeblade, and for again pointing to how you’re trying to be helpful by mentioning your role PM (now 5/8 posts).

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1315
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby freezeblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:13 pm UTC

vote: madge

Me getting lynched would be detrimental to town.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1315
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby freezeblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:19 pm UTC

Misnomer wrote: Freezeblade, why aren't you voting for anyone at the moment? Also, if you had to immediately pick any other player who would be auto-killed if you yourself were lynched, who would it be and why?


I have voted for someone now, as a defensive vote, as I don't feel Madge is scummy, but I know 100% that I myself am town, so getting lynched would be to scum's benefit.

If I am lynched, I'd have a close look on jimbob, for starting a wagon on a townie, and something just doesn't sit right about them, although that could be because I'm just not used to them playing (new face, etc.)

D1 sucks. We should certainly pick things apart, and I'll participate when called on, but I will disagree that there is much to go on, and the fact that everyone is expected to overanalyze gives scum a great chance to do exactly the same, and start a wagon on a townie, over something minute and superfluous.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby dimochka » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:27 pm UTC

Freezeblade - who are your top three candidates for a lynch?

Vytron - what do you think of ConMan so far?

I'm not voting for either of you because I wouldn't mind the 24-hour extension. I also think that Madge is town. Not as sure regarding Freezeblade (he's pretty neutral in my book).

Re: Recruitment - I think a de-culter would be very unlikely (because then the person who was de-culted could tell us everything we need to know). If anything, the way I see it working is the person will know that he's in the cult, but not who else is in it. It's more likely that if we have a de-culter, it works like a doctor (blocks the cult recruit).
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:30 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:we Really need to get some talking going on this game though.

freezeblade wrote:I'm of the opinion that there's really not much to analyze on D1

This was already pointed out somewhat by bessie, but the second statement came after that. Seems a bit contradictory to me. I'll admit that I'm far from certain about freezeblade, but this contradiction really doesn't help his case, especially as apart from his most recent post, he has yet to actually really say anything about anyone. In his most recent post, he talks about Madge (his fellow bandwagonnee) and myself (the one first to vote for him - seems very OMGUS). Furthermore, he hasn't answered misnomer's questions. I can understand his frustration a little, either as scum or as town - town because he is in danger of being lynched, scum because this would be his ninth game as scum. I'm willing to be convinced by freezeblade that he isn't scum, but he needs to demonstrate it.

On a completely different note, SDK hasn't posted in 3 days. SDK - what do you think of freezeblade and madge? Is there anybody else you find particularly scummy, and why?

I should have time to post once or twice more before deadline, if needed.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1315
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby freezeblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:38 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Furthermore, he hasn't answered misnomer's questions.


I'd look at my posts again if I were you. I did answer the questions, however I didn't quote their post before doing it, just read a little closer.

I don't know if I could reliably make a 3 person vote list, as I do not have enough evidence or hunch to create such a list to my own level of scrutiny, my vote for madge is purely defensive at this point. I put a few scummy points on jimbob for accusing me of not responding to questions, before properly doing their homework first.

I can claim if necessary (If it looks like I'm leading the lynch list)
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:11 pm UTC

Deadline a little under 9 hours away.

Votals:

Madge - 3 (moody7277, Misnomer, Freezeblade)
freezeblade - 3 (jimbobmacdoodle, Vytron, bessie)

Not voting (7): ConMan, Madge, mpolo, dimochka, SDK.

11 players, 6 to lynch.

Deadline: Thursday, October 29, 11:59 PM EST.

Tied votals at deadline will result in an extension.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1315
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby freezeblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:15 pm UTC

I'd love an extension to go though so we can discuss this more, but it's tenuous, and if someone comes in last second to change the votals, I hope they'll have a good explanation the next day.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 677
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby SDK » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:31 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:On a completely different note, SDK hasn't posted in 3 days. SDK - what do you think of freezeblade and madge? Is there anybody else you find particularly scummy, and why?

Wow, I didn't realise it had been that long.

Madge I think is scummy, as I said before. The Role PM thing more commonly comes from scum, and she sort of doubled-down on that gamble while at the same time distancing herself from the idea somewhat. The whole thing just feels wrong, like she's too confident about certain things, but then backs off or gives a clipped answer when asked. As for other content, Madge doesn't usually do much Day 1, but she does talk. Here she's barely involved apart from talking about herself.

freezeblade is a bit tricky for me at the moment. He felt pretty good starting off, being involved in one thing or another, but that dropped off pretty rapidly. A defensive vote is his only contribution in a long while.

freezeblade, since you don't like having reads Day 1, how about working towards getting some. I'd like you to ask each player one question. Thanks.


I should have done this earlier. I don't have time now and didn't realise deadline was so close. I'm not going to vote. Please, everyone, get us that extension. I'll do a proper player rundown tomorrow.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:36 pm UTC

I was actually debating whether to vote or not — but if I don't vote now, I likely won't vote in the extension, unless I get really lucky in time management tomorrow.

But it's probably better to let town talk this out. I will try to place a vote before leaving tomorrow.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Vytron » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:06 pm UTC

I don't want FB lynched, this is his classic town freaking out reaction, and it seems he could be a PR.

But I also would appreciate an extension, because I'm not convinced much about Madge's lynch either, so I'll be keeping the tie on there.

In any case, heh, I never think about people's gender consciously when I talk to them, or about them, because I think gender is irrelevant to these discussion and that people should be treated equally, but I also refuse to use they for everyone, because it's inherently ambiguous (I'm a proponent of "they is" stuff, but people seem to hate that), or it because it's a depersonalisation, and that's why I put in my location the big using everything as neutral pronouns disclaimer. I called Misnomer a she gender-neutrally, but I'll remember to call him a he from now on.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 581
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby moody7277 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:37 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:He has just dedicated recently about talking about himself, and he doesn't seem to be doing anything productive to help us catch scum.


That's the other half of the scum!fb meta I've developed. Of course, I think I've mentioned it enough that other scum could simulate it in an "analysis", or even for freezeblade to make adjustments. I'll make my own stab at him. Summary of fb's post follows:

Spoiler:
post 1: joke vote on SDK "because I know I'll be doing it sometime"

post 2: unvotes SDK, with reasonable justification. bemoans lack of content. admits flavor blind

post 3: interest in flavor (wolves)

post 4: complaining about lack of town!fb meta available for comparison.

Extra parenthetical at the end sticks out to a lot of people.

post 5: complaining about D1

All too typical

post 6: defensive vote

Since I've done defensive votes, I can't really fault him on that issue.

post 7: response to Misnomer on a couple things. Madge vote is solely self preservation. suspicious of jimbob

post 8: correcting jimbob on previous post. no solid reads. proposes to claim.

post 9: wants extention

Basically, there are elements present of what I've seen before, but not enough of it for me to be sure. Current situation leading to an extension is a good idea. Since she's the other person of interest, here's my summary of Madge's posts:

Spoiler:
post 1: oops, we've moved

post 2: setup spec includes multiple undead factions. uses terms living and undead for town and scum repsectively. copmliments DJ on flavor

This looks like the core for what is her PM gambit. The first part seems like a weird guess from what flavor we've seen.

post 3: claims she sees how flavor makes her previous statement on living v. undead obvious. reiterates multiple kill spec. Vytron's behavior standard, as is SDK's modulo with the exception of the "townie list"

post 4: confirms she was talking about her PM

Grrrr. Although I repeat from my reads list that what she mentioned was so general that it should not be a point in her favor.

post 5: answering SDK on the multiple kills guess, more scum power spec

post 6: now saying the multiple kills comes from her PM

post 7: bessie pressing her on the multiple undead factions issue. still calls this a guess

I had to be very careful in separating the two issues in 6 & 7. At one point I even thought I had Madge in a contradiction.

post 8: agrees with fb on D1 complaints. joking around with the Gambler's Fallacy re fb's scum streak. likes Misnomer, suspicious of jimbob.

Conclusion on Madge: something funny is going on with her. I'm happy with my vote where it is currently.

P.S.
Vytron wrote:I don't want FB lynched, this is his classic town freaking out reaction, and it seems he could be a PR.


Interesting that according to fb, no one remembers what his town meta is since it has been so long.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Vytron » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:19 pm UTC

But I remember his scum meta, and this is something different.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Madge » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:30 pm UTC

Vote: Freezeblade

Guys, I'm not good at identifying scum. I can't point you to someone who is scummier than me; and if I did, I would probably be wrong (after all, all lynches are probably mislynches).
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1315
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby freezeblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:35 pm UTC

Crap. now it's not tied.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1315
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby freezeblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:36 pm UTC

I didn't want to have to claim, but if I'll be lynched otherwise, I shall.

I'm Arthur Holmwood.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Madge » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:36 pm UTC

I'm sorry I am not making a better post, it's early in the morning, hopefully I'll be able to say something more useful at deadline. I can claim but I'd really rather not.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Misnomer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:49 pm UTC

Can we get a fb voter to unvote to see if we get a counter-claim?

@Vytron re: personal pronouns - if it's a wider policy thing of yours don't sweat it, I just wanted to clarify for the sake of others in the thread.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Vytron » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:52 pm UTC

Unvote

Yeah, tied again.

I actually want Madge lynched now, since she just wanted to cut our time out.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 581
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby moody7277 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:02 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:I actually want Madge lynched now, since she just wanted to cut our time out.


*cough*2014*cough*Xeno*cough
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Vytron » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:16 pm UTC

If you got a sore throat, I suggest you get some honey.

Otherwise, I don't know what you're talking about.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:17 pm UTC

I'm going to leave my vote on for now to keep votes tied and thus get an extension. I will give major scum points to anyone who breaks that tie before the deadline. I don't have time to do a real rethink following freezeblade's claim.

Madge, given votes were tied before your vote, why did you break the tie?

Moody, I don't get that reference. Is that a past game, and care to summarise the reference?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 581
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby moody7277 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:25 pm UTC

2014 Halloween Special, Day 5


Xeno, here, votes very late in order to break a tie. As it happened, he was scum trying to get what would have been at that point a near certain scum victory. Turns out he was too late, and was lynched at the end of the extension.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1315
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby freezeblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:45 pm UTC

Don't forget you did the exact same thing in Shakespeare mafia, moody :wink:
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Madge » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:02 am UTC

The reason I voted to break the tie was because I don't want to be lynched.

Fine, I'll claim. I'm dead by tomorrow morning regardless, it would seem.

I'm Dr. Abraham Van Helsing.

I'm the doctor. I have no special powers. My role PM states that people I protect will be protected from 'all death' and any other actions that are performed by the undead. So kind of a doctor / RB for scum actions combo.

I was trying to lay under the radar while imparting my knowledge but we saw how well that went.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1315
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby freezeblade » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:05 am UTC

When extension is granted, I'll be re-evaluating for another lynch target, unless we have a convincing counter-claim.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 581
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby moody7277 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:20 am UTC

freezeblade wrote:Don't forget you did the exact same thing in Shakespeare mafia, moody :wink:


How else would I recognize the trope so well?
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby bessie » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:23 am UTC

Madge wrote:The reason I voted to break the tie was because I don't want to be lynched.

You wouldn’t have been lynched if there was a tie.

I just got home. I should be around at deadline.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Madge » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:28 am UTC

As people have so helpfully pointed out, scum is quite capable of breaking the tie at the 11th hour and sending me home if I leave the tie there.

I'd rather risk lynching town!FB than risk being lynched myself, especially with my role being as it is.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Suzaku » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:20 am UTC

Deadline. Tie. Extension.

Sorry, I'm in a rush, so details to follow.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1678
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby ConMan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:22 am UTC

Hmm. There's one little niggle about Madge's claim, but looking at it I strongly suspect that in fact she and freezeblade are actually telling the truth - the fact that no-one has counter-claimed yet is a sign, and they're both bold claims to make on D1. So based on that, I am not going to put a vote on either of them (and sure, on my own head be it if either or both of them turn up scum). So then, who the heck do I think is scum? Well, that's one reason why I haven't posted much outside my little speculation (seriously, I've had reply boxes open multiple times this week but couldn't think of enough to say that hadn't been said already).

If I really had to pick (and I guess I do, in a sense), I suppose I'd agree a little with the people who didn't like mpolo's behaviour earlier. I'm still trying to work out if Vytron's lack of major response to not being called out is concerning or not, and he's probably a weak second on my scum list now (which is hilarious, since it's like we've discovered a second stage of "Vytron being Vytron"). So, since I do believe that a vote is a signal, I will do what I can with what I have.

Vote: mpolo
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:32 am UTC

Suzaku wrote:Deadline. Tie. Extension.

Sorry, I'm in a rush, so details to follow.



Going off of that:

We have an Extension until Sunday, November 1 at 11:59 PM (23:59) EST.

This will be the final extension. A tie at deadline will result in a no-lynch.

Happy Halloween guys.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby mpolo » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:22 am UTC

So, I would like to avoid a mass-claim, because it's just going to break the game (based on the number of named characters in the novel), but will obviously do so if forced to by the flow of the half day where I'm still here.

Vytron seemed to be easily convinced to change opinion near 180°. As I am the subject of that change, I'm probably reading it as more sinister than it is, so I'd like someone else to check that out.

Several people who were suspicious of me listed my apparent defensiveness of Madge as a factor. As Madge seems to be pretty ironclad in her towniness, this should now be read the other way around. Honestly, though, my posts about Madge were made from a place of not knowing who anything is, but having a slight thought that her wording was implying a power role in the direction of a doctor/roleblocker, which I probably would have identified as Dr. Seward if pressed on it. Which means that I had identified wrongly, of course.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Draculafia! D1 - A Masque of Fog

Postby Suzaku » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:49 am UTC

Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests