Newbie Mafia Game #001: Sign Ups (4 open)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

username5243

Newbie Mafia Game #001: Sign Ups (4 open)

Postby username5243 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:42 pm UTC

You've just left work and are checking e-mails on your cell phones. You are shocked to get the following email:

From: mafiaheadmeaster@gmail.com (no, I'm not revealing my real email address in this thread)
Subject: Invite to Mafia School - NOT SPAM!!!

Welcome to mafia school! You've just been signed up for a Newbie Course at Mafia University. A car will pick the eight of you up at the station tomorrow at 10:00 AM. We hope to see you there. In the meantime, here's some info on the first game, which is small and serves as a practice:

There are eight players this game. Two of you are evil Mafia Goons, who want to destroy the rest of you. Their sole goal is to outnumber the other players to control the lynch-votes. They have the ability to communicate to each other in the night phase by PM's (must be copied to me), and you know who each other are. Each night you will have to agree on who to kill. This must be sent to me an a PM as well. (If you're wondering, the mafia kill is the last night-action performed, so others will still do their things.)

Meanwhile the other six must weed out these intruders by reasoning them out...but they've got some Power Roles to help them.

To aid in this, there's a Cop in your group. He will investigate one person each night (as long as he's alive, of course), and get info from me as to whether that player is town or mafia in a PM. He is guaranteed accuracy.

There's also a Doctor. This person protects one player (sent by PM), and that player cannot be killed by the mafia.

The other four of you are Vanilla Townies. You have no power and no extra info. You must rely on your reasoning and your wits...

Now, on Day and Night:

The game will begin in the Day Phase. During this phase the town discusses who to lynch, and my cast votes on people. For a vote to count, they must be in

bold and on a separate new line

to count. Once a majority of players is reached, that person in lynched (their role is revealed the next morning). Then it is Night. In Night, there is no communication in this thread. The mafia goons, the doctor, and the cop send in their targets by PM during this time. This continues until either both Mafia Goons are dead (in which case town wins), or until at least half of the players are Mafia Goons (in which case the mafia wins.)

I will set deadline if things go too slowly...

General Rules:
1. Do not talk about this game outside this thread (except in the mafia chat or in 001 spoilers in the Gojoe thread).
2. Do not send PM's if you're not supposed to.
3. Do not edit your posts in this thread. This is to avoid the mafia goons sending secret messages to each other and then removing them.
4. If you die, only post one more post, such as a "You got me". Do not reveal extra info in that post, and do not talk in this thread or send PM's about this game afterwards (you may still be a spectator and post in the Gojoe thread).
5. Do not quote from communication with me. Paraphrasing is generally okay, but you are allowed to paraphrase fake info from me as well.

Signing Up: Just post /in or something in this thread. I will send your role PM's after eight people sign up.

That's all, and we hope you enjoy your Mafia course!

Sincerely,
username5243, head instructor

----------

You wonder if it's just a big spam thing. But you know - somehow - that it's not.

1. emlightened
2. theetherealavian
3. somitomi
4. Znirk
Last edited by username5243 on Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:08 pm UTC, edited 4 times in total.
This is a signature, in case you didn't notice.

Current tokens: 66.562

username5243

Re: Newbie Mafia Game #001: Sign Ups (8 open)

Postby username5243 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:05 am UTC

Come on...you know you want to...

I might let people sign up in the main forum, then they can play in here...

emlightened

Re: Newbie Mafia Game #001: Sign Ups (7 open)

Postby emlightened » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:46 pm UTC

/signs up to the 267th newbie game.

Even though this will probably not reach 8.
The Seven Wonders of the World:
To see
To hear
To touch
To taste
To feel
To laugh
And to love

username5243

Postby username5243 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:48 pm UTC

Maybe the lack of interest is due to the ongoing Matrix6 game? I wouldn't be surprised if some wait until that's over (it will take awhile though.) But I'll still host this one.

theetherealavian

Postby theetherealavian » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:52 pm UTC

I would like to join

username5243

Postby username5243 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:09 pm UTC

*tries to spell long username right*

Welcome theetherealavian!

And I do not mean to be mean, it's just that I find complicated names a bit annoying.

Znirk

Re: Newbie Mafia Game #001: Sign Ups (6 open)

Postby Znirk » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:35 pm UTC

After half-lurking on a couple of the newbie games, I guess I'm curious enough to want to try one for myself. Sign me up.

username5243

Re: Newbie Mafia Game #001: Sign Ups (6 open)

Postby username5243 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:18 am UTC

You're in!

That's three gone, five more sign ups open...

somitomi

Re: Newbie Mafia Game #001: Sign Ups (5 open)

Postby somitomi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:09 pm UTC

Hi there!
I'd like to sign up, my name is quite simple :wink:
write something... that says something... about something
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind. ✆ Hello? Yes, this is Forum Games!

username5243

Re: Newbie Mafia Game #001: Sign Ups (5 open)

Postby username5243 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:07 pm UTC

You're in!

Return to “Mafia”