Smalltown Werewolf PYP - F is for Finished!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Sabrar

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D2: B is for Blood

Postby Sabrar » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:10 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:but went with a player who frankly I don't find likely to be scum.

Oh but you did find me scummy on D1, remember?
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:FOS Sabrar

For wanting to lynch the first mason without an investigation and now questioning the second instead of moving onto likelier prospects. This is hard for me to buy as a genuine interest in finding scum.

To which I've replied here and you didn't mention it since.

Otherwise I would have found your reasoning solid but now it looks kind of silly.

@crucialityfactor: jimbobmacdoodle already asked you this here but you might have missed it, so I'll repeat: why did you target me last night?

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:45 pm UTC

First off, yay to Madge for catching up this far, it's not an easy thing to make sense of all this in a short period of time. Also yay zombie!Dimochka for returning.

RoadieRich wrote:
Echo244 wrote:Research proposal: investigate RoadieRich

So my tenure committee have a chance to vote.

For information, I am on said committee, and have voted to approve (as I did yesterday).

Much obliged. I'll try and post the result early tomorrow.

Sabrar wrote:
Echo244 wrote:Sabrar's doing his best to look scummy,

Would you mind expounding on this comment in more detail? I'm really curious, as I've mentioned before I'm new to these forums and I have no idea what established scum-tells you currently take as granted.

It's somewhat difficult to categorise precisely, as a fairly new player. But the long walls of text look more like fog to stumble through than guiding lights to follow (yes, I posted one myself, but came to the conclusion that in a game of this size it's not actually that helpful), your swift, numerous and point-by-point attempts to refute every accusation levelled at you look overly defensive, and much of your analysis still includes other people's attitudes to patzer, while making a bit of a fudge of your own attempt to avoid claiming. I broadly concur with the mostly-harmless reads other people have (hence "trying to look scummy" rather than "is scummy"), for now, but you're still managing to keep people looking at you, which is rarely a good sign.
Unstoppable force of nature. That means she/her/hers.
Has committed an act of treason.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:46 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:but went with a player who frankly I don't find likely to be scum.

Oh but you did find me scummy on D1, remember?
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:FOS Sabrar

For wanting to lynch the first mason without an investigation and now questioning the second instead of moving onto likelier prospects. This is hard for me to buy as a genuine interest in finding scum.

To which I've replied here and you didn't mention it since.

Otherwise I would have found your reasoning solid but now it looks kind of silly.

@crucialityfactor: jimbobmacdoodle already asked you this here but you might have missed it, so I'll repeat: why did you target me last night?
I remember. Do you remember how I stopped giving you a hard time when you responded to my FOS? That's because I realized that the reason I found you scummy (wanting to lynch a mason) never actually happened when you explained how I misread your post. I NEVER found you to be so scummy to the point where I would use a power on you. No way, not with Vytron, patzer, and any other number of scummy players who were running around.

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:56 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Please shoot CF, Roadie.

Please explain yourself in more detail. I know that you found crucialityfactor scum here, but you didn't give any concrete reason for it. Gunning for someone based on a hunch (without allowing anyone else to analyze your thought process) does not seem very cooperative.
I actually think killing off a hunch in a large game like this is fine, but sure.

I don't buy that a townie would use a "discover if X has outside communication" power on you N1. When I read over your D1 play, I cannot fathom how one would find you the scummiest player especially when we had a number of players the Town was discussing as a potential lynch. He could've gone for a player that was on the table to save town time and effort barking up the wrong tree but went with a player who frankly I don't find likely to be scum.

I also get a bad feeling from his posts, but I offer the above because it's more concrete. I also find a number of players unlikely to be scum and he's in that leftover pile of players I don't.

Just a quick post to clear up my reasoning. I didn't think it made sense to go after someone overtly scummy with my power. Clearly there is enough info out there on the day 1 scummy people that they are yet again the top lynch candidates today. Targeting freezeblade or patzer and finding they could chat would be pretty damning, but it would also probably lead to a super quick bandwagon lynch and deprieve us of a lot of valuable day 2 conversation. Instead I was looking at active players that I thought were giving off the impression that they were in a group with others. Because I thought that would give us some more useful information about what's going on. Even today since I said that Sabrar can't chat there have been players suggesting that he is still somehow knowingly aligned with another player. So I don't think that I'm wrong in having looked at him last night.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:14 pm UTC

@Echo244: Thank your for the explanation, as a newbie I really appreciate good advice. I can offer you the following tidbits about myself for future reference:
- I take gaming seriously, 'invest' heavily in any game I play and expect my partners to do as well, otherwise it's only half the fun.
- I like to argue and debate as it entertains me tremendously.
- I currently have a lot of free time on my hand as my current project is delayed indefinitely. That is why I chose this time to sign up to the forum and actively participate (IIRC I've been lurking since June).
- I don't find it too tedious to write/read wall-of-texts and assumed (maybe erroneously) that it wouldn't pose a problem for others as well.

Summary: I don't think I will change my posting patterns, however if wall-of-texts are discouraged I will gladly tone it down.

Oh I would like to reply to this:
Echo244 wrote:but you're still managing to keep people looking at you, which is rarely a good sign.

with one of my favorite quotes:
“Notoriety wasn't as good as fame, but was heaps better than obscurity.” Brownie points to those who recognize it without having to Google it first.

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:41 pm UTC

RoadieRich wrote:
Sabrar wrote:@RoadieRich: please have a look at this post where I analyzed (among others) the possibility of crucialityfactor being an Alien. Let me know where your thought process differs from mine.

The aim for aliens at the moment is to get anyone other than themselves lynched, so the game lasts until D6. If Opus was protecting Patzer, that implies Patzer is a werewolf, so would be an appropriate target for the aliens to want lynched. Even if Opus wasn't protecting P, and P is in fact alien, the argument could also be made that they were distancing themselves, and that the choice of forced vote target is intended to avoid a patzer lynch (because that's what it looks like the Aliens want).

CF's vote is pretty much irrelevant, the last lynch happened with 6 votes. Even better if he doesn't need to claim a target tomorrow, and risk being exposed in a lie.

To a lesser extent, the aliens also want scum dead: less kills mean less chance of aliens dying before D6. I'm inclined towards Patzer being scum, probably werewolf, and I'm not the only one with this feeling. It's logical that the aliens would have the same opinion.

All that said, it's also possible that the choice of forced vote target is at all relevant: it could have been a random choice, just to muddy the waters and keep town foundering about chasing their own tails.

Yes agreed that the aliens just want non aliens dead. That's why I am not voting for Patzer unless my vote doesn't lead to their lynch. I do not think patzer is alien and i have no idea how anyone else thinks that at this point.

I also don't understand why you think I would benefit from not using my power to avoid a lie. Can you explain that a bit more?

From my perspective the aliens targeted myself and patzer for a few reasons. 1 they want both of us dead or to at least take on a lot of attention so they can whittle down numbers and stay out of the limelight. 2 in failing this they don't want me to use my power because it isn't an investigation that they can control privately or influence publicly like some of the others. 3 they are trying to protect freezeblade

I was asked what I think about freezeblade now that they have posted more. Their posts are still pretty useless and there was only 1 that had any real content and most of it was to point blame on patzer , but what has been going on today and from my thoughts on my own situation I feel that they are highly likely to be alien and should be the lynch candidate.

That being said I need to check the votals to see where the numbers stand. I will vote freezeblade and give up my power if it means that patzer won't be lynched. Otherwise i will vote patzer to save my power.

There's really no way for me to look good in all of this mess, which seems to be the point in targeting me.

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:58 pm UTC

EBWOP: Ok, freezeblade has enough of a lead that I can do this now:

unvote
vote suzaka
unvote
vote patzer

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:07 pm UTC

This is only partial thoughts, and there will be more later.

Suzaku - confirmed town unless frogman/Echo is scum, which I doubt. As was mentioned, I would've been the only person able to reverse that result, and I had no action N1.
Diemo - don't like the lack of activity, fine with shooting him using RR as he's not contributing. And this will NOT have any impact on what I think about RR.
Sungura - I agree with not lynching patzer. But I disagree with using cf's power on him tonight (I think you would agree now that we know they're not druids). We have bigger problems imo and whatever the connection between patzer/sabrar we can explore later. I also don't think anti-town are on the Patzer lynch anymore. I actually think that all anti-town would've removed their vote now that you pointed this out, so I'm slightly more inclined to trust whoever is on that lynch (and yes they should still remove the vote imo).
Mpolo - very surprised that no actions failed, but nothing else stands out. Will keep a closer eye
SirG - I'm trying to find where he was defending freezeblade in a move that made little sense to me. Actually just found it. Good point on being able to use the welding for town advantage. To be honest I don't think we have enough time currently to coordinate this, and since I'm pretty sure freezeblade is scum (likely) alien I'd rather just lynch and get done with it. However, still could be an attempt to defend a teammate. Especially if there are four of them potentially, any extra day they survive is quite helpful.
ConMan - something (scum-like) stands out to me. will get back to this.
JimBob - Looked scummy initially (and the power could definitely mess us up) but better overall in particular through the conversations with sabrar
Sabrar - His(?) posts rub me the wrong way because it seems they focus a lot on the lack of activity from others. With that being said, I do think that he's not a werewolf/alien.
Freezeblade - the main thing that jumps out at me AFTER he replaced is lack of content. Yes there's only so much you can defend yourself after a replacement, but at least give us reads and thoughts. For what it's worth, pointing out the Patzer "Yay" at the beginning is something I would've done as well.
CF - I'm thinking you can use your power on moody or DJ. OR maybe RR?
Dr Ug - need more content. Neutral currently. Would really help if he caught up on thread.
Patzer - re: Bussing - I would definitely expect at least one person in that lynch to have been a werewolf. I rarely that large percentage of votes on a target without someone bussing. Given that Opus didn't dive either, something funky happened. Maybe they expected him to and he forgot to submit? Then they wouldn't be found out which may have been what they were counting on.

Planning to vote Freezeblade after I'm done with the analysis of the rest of the posts. Happy to respond to any of the above.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:23 pm UTC

I'm still under the weather, but as a result I'm also not at work, so have a bit of time, while I'm able to think somewhat coherently. Please feel free to point out any mistakes in these next few reviews. I'm going to put the post summary and any detailed analysis in a spoiler for each player, then the conclusion outside.

Znirk:
Spoiler:
His first post after game start discusses a little about his role (useless early on, which probably makes sense), and the various factions. I think he's made a mistake on what town need to do to win, as third parties can be essentially ignored for town to win. He also asks for discussion on priorities, and does some maths on the likelihood of aliens surviving if killing at random, without really posting his thoughts. Something that patzer missed, and that Znirk doesn't correct at all with the "15" kills idea is that it's unlikely that all kills are looking to kill aliens - some might be in the hands of traitors, aliens etc.

His next post is basically a couple of questions to the mod. Based on the phrasing of the questions, and the public nature of them, I suspect that he isn't a wolf, since I imagine he'd have got clarification on his alignment in private in that case. Votes Suzaku, but doesn't understand the implications fully. Questions whether Heather should press-gang him into hospital service, which seems like a sensible idea from a town-perspective. From there he questions Snark on why lynching druids is a good idea. I think this is symptomatic of the idea that he doesn't understand how the third party win conditions interact with town from his first post.

He takes a look in more detail at Snark's druid claiming plan, pointing at various holes in it. Indeed, he shows suspicion of Snark for this plan, which seems reasonable, as he points out that wolves gain from the plan as much as town. On the other hand, he does start thinking about backtracking, thinking it makes Snark look too obviously like a wolf. Overall, from this discussion I am reasonably certain that Znirk and Snark are not in the same team with chat. I also doubt they know each other's alignment. He also mentions suspicion of Opus and Lawrencelot, based on others suspicions. He follows in his next post with a statement that he gets that it was a trap, but a trap with almost not chance of succeeding. I almost wonder whether this is pointing at druid!Znirk spotting the trap and demonstrating why it is wrong.

Starts to feel better about Lawrencelot (before he made his claim), and then looks at Opus, based on what others have said. His comments are basically just a rehash of what others, and especially sungura have said. Ends up voting for Opus.

Responds to a comment by Sungura that Znirk might be a druid by neither confirming nor denying it. He says that alignment claims would only confuse things further. I cannot think why a town-aligned player would not come right out and say that they are town. Obviously, they could be lying scum at that point, but to not claim anything seems really weird. Lining up with his earlier post, I can't help but see him as even more likely being a druid.
Znirk wrote:On my statement on druidry: How relevant is it right now whether or not I'm a druid, why would you believe me, and how would the information affect town and scum targeting? I frankly don't know, which is why I held back from a somewhat irreversible step and left it to other, more experienced players to ask me if they think it'd help. Nobody has.
I'm getting more and more confused by Znirk's discussion of alignments here. In that post he also raised the point that druids have chat and that both of them would have to agree to the plan. Not sure if that's relevant, or not. Asks others whether Snark's play-style is typical.

Next up is another look at Lawrencelot and his role, followed by a comment that we should investigate him before killing him (this was still before the mason claim). Seems reasonable to me, but I'm not sure an investigation of him would be the highest priority at this point, given his pro-town role. A bit of a gap in his posting follows, where he makes a comment on Sabrar's vote for freezeblade, as a possible protective vote for patzer.

He calls for players to claim their mind-controlled status, which is a reasonable call to make, agrees that making him a nurse was a good idea, and confirms that he did not use his ability. Not sure why he didn't confirm this earlier, but I guess it was easy enough to forget. His last post was on the 21st.

Modprod request on Znirk please

@Znirk - you promised a reread in your last post, but it never appeared. Please could you post some thoughts on some players other than Snark, the only living not confirmed-town that you really have looked at already.

Conclusion: I don't think that Znirk is scum, but I don't feel strongly about it. I think most likely is that he is either a druid or town.

Snark:
Spoiler:
First post is a quick look at the roles. Makes a mistake that crucialityfactor's role could detect lover, so pretty sure Snark is not a lover. Confused on why Heather would ever pick nurse over doctor, but that's easy to do, as I'm not sure initially I understood the implications either. Calls for discussion on Suzaku's ability. Otherwise, most of his points seem fair. His next post shows disagreement with the idea of voting for kill targets, partly due to ConMan's unknown ability, and that there are people who would not go with the plan. Wants lots of kills N1, and gives townie points to those voting for Suzaku. Asks me to do so. Starts his druid claim gambit. As noted in my comments on Znirk, this could either be town or werewolf aligned (possibly also other third party, but unlikely lone wolf or alien), but is unlikely to have come from a druid.

Likes the idea that mind-control subjects should claim. Doesn't like targets of frogman being public (misunderstood the ability). Defends his druid claim idea a bit more in his next couple of posts, and would like to vote for Lawrencelot for his vote on roadierich. He comes clean on his druid gambit after others pointed holes in the idea. Suggests that it is better for scum if druids are hidden (true for aliens or lone wolves, probably not so much for werewolves, who I expect are looking for optimum kill usage).

Likes pressure on Lawrencelot, and says he'll have a town-to-scum list by day end, which never appeared. Pushes for solid analysis/votes from everyone by day end. Doesn't want to discuss his druid claim gambit anymore (I agree that there isn't much more to gain from that). Calls for discussion about the possibility of a false mason claim by third party!Lawrencelot. Initially thinks that the claim is a lie, due to his request to not counter-claim.

Next comes a list of SDK's posts and says they are obviously not town. I'm not sure I see that so obviously from SDK's posts to that point. He turns very aggressive towards SDK, due to his "you don't lynch a mason" statement. Says that he'll transfer his votelessness to SDK, which he backs up with his night action. Also still unsure about Lawrencelot's claim. Later repeats his call for content.

Come D2 he posts a summary of claims and states that he is not being mind-controlled. Thinks that if ConMan is a PGO, he's not town, due to a lack of warning. Thinks Diemo more likely a druid than jester, and that a pre-targeted vig shot would not hurt.

@Snark, I'm looking forward to your promised content filled post, hopefully with the town to scum list you promised on D1 and a vote on someone.

Conclusion: Snark hasn't posted much, if anything, about a large range of people. I suppose in a game this size that's not too much of a surprise, but I do find it a little suspicious. I think his druid vote claim gambit points at him being either town or werewolf (possibly a third party of some kind). I don't really see anything else that stands out as scummy, so I'd say town side of neutral.

I'll post more later on others, if I get a chance.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:54 pm UTC

I think CF should spy on someone we suspect as an alien. Aliens can chat, after all. (And to dimochka, I quickly recanted the using CF on Patzer, you must have missed that.)

zombie!dimochka wrote:Suzaku - confirmed town unless frogman/Echo is scum, which I doubt. As was mentioned, I would've been the only person able to reverse that result, and I had no action N1.
This I find very interesting and tell-taley. Remember way back when I put forth that I thought SDK(freeze) is certainly alien, and with all or some of HBC|YOLO, Frog(echo), and Suzaku? I had Fabiguy(zombie!Di) labeled as wolf but I think this whole thing is just fishy. These people are still sticking together and self-supporting each other. It makes me more suspicious of fabiguy(z!di) and maybe I put them in the wrong group. I am still all for a lynch of freeze, but I would like CF to use their investigation of zombie!Di, I think.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Please shoot CF, Roadie.

I don't like this. There are better targets than CF, currently, and although I have had doubts of CF myself, I still think HBC is a better target themselves to be NK'd. Or JimBob. Or even Fabiguy(z!di) but then CF should pick someone else to check in on. Diemo got replaced by Madge I am willing to give that a day to sit, now, that could be a good alt target for CF.

updated list for my notes
Spoiler:
SDK(freeze) - Alien
HBC|YOLO - Alien?
Frog(echo) - Alien
Suzaku - Alien?

Jimbob - Wolf
Fabiguy(zombie!Dimochka) - Wolf or alien?

Diemo(Madge) - Jester or SCUM

CF - Town or Lone Wolf

DJ - Jester

SirG - was scummy, lately been getting a townie vibe have yet to re-analyze though

RR - Unsure, satisfied for now they are not threat to town

TOWN:
Sungura
znirk
mpolo - don't like the new "follow Amy" phase though, that always makes me nervous, I prefer people to have their own thoughts even when they agree.
Van
Lawrence
Moody
patzer - LOVER or SIB Survivor (and sib survivor is win-con with town, so both can be "town" for all practical purposes)
Sabrar - LOVER or SIB Survivor (and sib survivor is win-con with town, so both can be "town" for all practical purposes)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:36 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:
zombie!dimochka wrote:Suzaku - confirmed town unless frogman/Echo is scum, which I doubt. As was mentioned, I would've been the only person able to reverse that result, and I had no action N1.
This I find very interesting and tell-taley. Remember way back when I put forth that I thought SDK(freeze) is certainly alien, and with all or some of HBC|YOLO, Frog(echo), and Suzaku? I had Fabiguy(zombie!Di) labeled as wolf but I think this whole thing is just fishy. These people are still sticking together and self-supporting each other. It makes me more suspicious of fabiguy(z!di) and maybe I put them in the wrong group. I am still all for a lynch of freeze, but I would like CF to use their investigation of zombie!Di, I think.

I'm voting freezeblade, though I'm guessing that my late joining of that wagon just looks like Jenny-come-lately he'll-probably-get-lynched-anyway bussing to you. I like YOLOSWAG's kill N1 but the desire for kills without really backing them up with arguments is somewhat troubling. Killing an alien would be a nice way of easing my troubles. And I'm happy to stick up for Suzaku because I have a research finding from N1 that says he's town.

Suzaku aside, I'd hardly say I was supporting them.

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:17 pm UTC

My list of possible investigation targets tonight is:

Faubiguy/dimochka - feel like there was enough from Faubiguy for a lynch, but pretty much no one else thought so. Would help me either solidify my stance moreso or back off for now.
Jimbob - would be useful for telling if we can trust the vote count alignments or not
YOLO - Just because he killed a werewolf doesn't mean he's not scum still. Would feel much better about his willingness to focus more on gut feelings for nk if I knew more about him
Moody - Has been active, but haven't had the time to look into his posts enough to get a feel on him, so this would help me quickly gain a better opinion
ConMan - Has had some pressure/votes on him, again haven't had much time to really look into him.
Dr Ug - Getting nothing from him post wise. Has a helpful power, would like to know more about him and I don't think we're going to get that without an investigation at this point.
Snark - Same reasons as Moody
Diemo/Madge - Would help us get some more quick information on a player that went idle and the replacement is still catching up on things.

Not sure who yet though, and not sure if it matters because I feel like I should be expecting either YOLO or RR to kill me tonight based on the recent conversations.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:37 pm UTC

SirGabriel wrote:Misnomer, can you update the Player Roles section of the OP to indicate dead players and replacements?
It is done.

Votals:

patzer (5): Djehutynakht, Suzaku, ConMan, Dr Ug, crucialityfactor
ConMan (1): SirGabriel
Freezeblade (7): Sungura, moody7277, Lawrencelot, Sabrar, patzer, Echo244, mpolo
zombie!Dimochka (1): jimbobmacdoodle

Not voting (7): YOLOSWAG, zombie!Dimochka, Snark, Madge, znirk, Van, roadierich

Game Status:
Freezeblade is currently voteless.
Znirk is currently a Nurse.
3 Tenure Committee members remain alive.
Echo244 has proposed investigating RoadieRich - tenure committee members should vote before day end.
11 votes are required to majority lynch.

Soft deadline set for 8pm GMT, Wednesday 2 December - about 23 hours, 22 mins from now.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:40 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Modprod request on Znirk please

Znirk will be prodded, though replacement/modkill procedures, if applicable, will not kick in until D3
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:55 pm UTC

Been quite busy this evening, so haven't had time to look at anyone else yet. I've taken a quick look back over the last page or so to see if anything stands out to me.

Crucialityfactor's reasoning for his target sits ok with me. Not sure I'd have picked Sabrar with a somewhat less concerning power, but then I do seem to be focusing a lot on relative role strengths! I don't think Yoloswag's explained reason for wanting cf dead makes much sense to me. From what I've noticed, people's opinions on what is found scummy differ a lot, so just because Yoloswag didn't find Sabrar scummy does not mean that someone else didn't. FWIW, I haven't seen anything that really pinged me as scummy about Sabrar, but I haven't spent time looking at him in depth. In fact, I definitely agree with Sabrar's request for Yoloswag's thought processes.

ConMan's response to who would he lynch/protect also make sense, but don't really look at anyone in detail. His answers are essentially lurkers (which is a reasonable point giving the nature of the threat), and the target of our cop for tonight. Basically both safe answers, but I guess I might have given at least that second answer, if asked the same thing.

It's irritating that we didn't get a response on Faubiguy's reasons for not performing an action last night. I'll be interested to see what happens tonight.

Need to go to bed, and I still can't concentrate all that much, so I haven't picked up anything else. I stand behind my vote for zombie-dimochka for now. I think freezeblade is more likely scum than patzer, mainly due to his lack of content, over the past week or so. In the event that patzer starts picking up more votes, I'm willing to switch my vote there to allow crucialityfactor to get their action off, without risking lynching patzer, if desired, but for now, I'm going to continue to go against the flow and vote for my preferred candidate. To be clear, I'm not defending patzer, I just think that she's likely not alien, due to the mind-control, whereas freezeblade could be.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:30 am UTC

Hi there. Prod response.

I apologise for disappearing on you. I'm having my annual cold earlier than usual this year, and that always goes with swollen eyes for me. I was sort of guilty-aware of the game still, but looking at display screens is not a happy proposition right at the moment (though things are looking up).

One thing from my catch-up attempts about a week ago: I still have a few problems with the game's terminology and language usage, not all of which I've been able to clear up with the rules introduction thread. Can I just drop in a couple of general questions? If not, ignore.

- is "scum" synonymous with "anti-town", or does it suggest a specific group?

- Baffled by the something!name notation that occasionally shows up. e.g. Lawrencelot talking about "scum!patzer": is that "patzer, unless she's scum", or "any scum player other than patzer", or what?

And from a glance at the last few pages, what's with zombies suddenly showing up? What'd I miss?

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:38 am UTC

I'm perfectly fine with being targeted by cf. CF - please don't use your power on any of the people whom you haven't finished analyzing (ie Diemo/Snark). I'd rather you check someone you are actually unsure about.

Jimbob - while I don't know faubiguy's incentive not to use his power, I would not have used it either. At best it muddies the water, and at worst it gets me killed without me being able to report what I did. I would've been more vocal about not using my power, but I don't find it particularly useful. What exactly, if anything, would you like me to respond to that bothers you? Or is this something I cannot reverse given the posts that were made earlier?

Sungura - are you implying that I'm somehow related to Frogman/Echo or Suzaku? I just tried to write up options as to why I would want to redirect Frogman's investigation of Suzaku onto me, and I realized that there is no logical reason to do so. I'm spoilering my notes below.

Notes regarding Frogman/Suzaku (anyone can read)
Spoiler:
After the night action reveals, I was nearly certain that Suzaku was town (wine). What I didn't realize is what someone pointed out - I could have generated a false town result on Suzaku by redirected Frogman's actions onto me. However, that would mean that I am town and lying for Suzaku which I don't see why I would do unless we're masons or lovers which would yet again make him town.

So basically frogman would lie about his result or have a false result if (assuming town.Frogman would not lie) if:
1. Frogman is scum with Suzaku, I'm not relevant
2. Frogman is scum, Suzaku is not, Frogman wants to look good in front of town, again I'm irrelevant
3. Frogman is scum, I am scum with Frogman, I redirected Frogman's investigation onto me and he lied about his result to again look good. This is same as case #2 except I'm involved for no good reason
4. Frogman is town, I am town, I redirected. If that were the case I'd claim my action
5. Frogman, Me, Suzaku are all scum. We all do the above actions and lie about them. That's possible but such terrible play that I'm not even sure how to analyze this

Znirk - zombies are replacements who were playing earlier and were killed and subbed into another role. I was playing a vanilla role with no results, so it was easy to sub me in. Also I think the X!Y notation relates to if Y's alignment were X (I use the X.Y notation instead). Scum is synonymous with anti-town without specifying a certain group.

Vote: Freezeblade

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:45 am UTC

Hi Znirk. To help cover some of your questions:

Z!Y means "Y who is Z", i.e. Z is a modifier on Y. So scum!patzer means "patzer, in the event she is scum". Zombie!dimochka is because dimochka is a "zombie" replacement, i.e. someone who was already playing in the game, but died with no hidden knowledge, so was able to replace in to another role - it's considered a less desirable option than getting a replacement from someone external to the game, but better than straight modkill in many circumstances.

As for "scum", I've been using it in the sense of anyone whose win condition precludes town from winning, although probably with a slight bias towards using it to refer to the two big non-town factions of aliens and werewolves. It's just a nice catch-all to say "this person is scum" rather than "this person is not town, and not one of the independent roles that doesn't really care about whether town wins".
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:56 am UTC

Echo244 wrote:
Sungura wrote:

I'm voting freezeblade, though I'm guessing that my late joining of that wagon just looks like Jenny-come-lately he'll-probably-get-lynched-anyway bussing to you. I like YOLOSWAG's kill N1 but the desire for kills without really backing them up with arguments is somewhat troubling. Killing an alien would be a nice way of easing my troubles. And I'm happy to stick up for Suzaku because I have a research finding from N1 that says he's town.

Suzaku aside, I'd hardly say I was supporting them.

You're right. So I have you on the wrong side then.
There was a Suzaku & Frogman(echo) connection, but perhaps I had on the wrong one, not alien, but wolves.
This would leave SDK(freezeblade), HBC|YOLO, and Fabiguy(zombie!Dimochka) as the aliens.

Case for Fabiguy(zombie!Di) as alien - tried to throw wine on Sabrar for being an alien, otherwise said general scummy-stuff, hence me categorizing as wolf until Dimochka's more recent posts. Dimochka did agree that "- Freezeblade doesn't seem like jester at all to me. Therefore likely scum. Diemo I'm unsure on. SirG looked suspicious (re:Freezeblade) but I need to finish reading before saying anything definitive on that." Which is a good way to distance from freezeblade, without committing. Dimochka also said "Suzaku - confirmed town unless frogman/Echo is scum, which I doubt. As was mentioned, I would've been the only person able to reverse that result, and I had no action N1." I guess you can doubt something, but no evidence was provided for the doubt, and I still say that scum controlling investigations would be a terrible thing because you *could* self-confirm and throw a lot of wine out until it is too late. This is indpendent of whether or not Dimochka used their ability last night, so I don't see why they need to keep hammering on that as it's already been stated quite often that they didn't use it. It is just all too much. And now they jumped on the freezeblade wagon in the final hours. Which, they did sub in, but the only other train going is for Patzer who is pretty clearly townie so it is the logical choice. It isn't one thing, it's just all the little things that add up.

Final D1 Votals of interest:
Freezeblade (3): moody7277, Vytron, Sabrar - all these players are likely not alien assuming freezeblade is
Lawrencelot (1): roadierich - the hold out on the confirmed town, roadie rich is still under suspicion but we have concluded to let him go for tonight
Opus_723 (6): Sungura, znirk, mpolo, Van, patzer, Djehutynakht - pretty sure that it was a lie and they are all town/3rd party, so jimbob lied which is only a scum move
Patzer (4): Lawrencelot, jimbobmacdoodle, cruicalityfactor, SirGabriel - Patzer is prettymuch confirmed town at this point in my eyes, along with Sabrar, so FOS everyone on this chain, Lawrence is obvi confirmed town, but the other three I suspect piled on, there has to be at least some scum in this train. So just in the results of day one, we have two strikes against Jimbob.

So top of my list is the lynch that looks like it will happen today, SKD(Freezeblade).
Since I think aliens are more issue than wolves, the next on my list is Fabiguy(zombie!Di) as I figured scum-wolf, but as in my last post and this one with more fleshed out, lean scum-alien.

Jimbob also just needs to go, to me it's such obvious wolf it isn't funny.

Spoiler:
SDK(freeze) - Alien
Fabiguy(zombie!Dimochka) - Alien
HBC|YOLO - Alien?

Jimbob - Wolf
Frog(echo) - Wolf?
Suzaku - Wolf?

Diemo(Madge) - Jester or SCUM

CF - Town or Lone Wolf

DJ - Jester

SirG - was scummy, lately been getting a townie vibe have yet to re-analyze though

RR - Unsure, satisfied for now they are not threat to town

TOWN:
Sungura
znirk
mpolo - don't like the new "follow Amy" phase though, that always makes me nervous, I prefer people to have their own thoughts even when they agree.
Van
Lawrence
Moody
patzer - LOVER or SIB Survivor (and sib survivor is win-con with town, so both can be "town" for all practical purposes)
Sabrar - LOVER or SIB Survivor (and sib survivor is win-con with town, so both can be "town" for all practical purposes)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:39 am UTC

dimochka wrote:Notes regarding Frogman/Suzaku (anyone can read)
Spoiler:
After the night action reveals, I was nearly certain that Suzaku was town (wine). What I didn't realize is what someone pointed out - I could have generated a false town result on Suzaku by redirected Frogman's actions onto me. However, that would mean that I am town and lying for Suzaku which I don't see why I would do unless we're masons or lovers which would yet again make him town.

So basically frogman would lie about his result or have a false result if (assuming town.Frogman would not lie) if:
1. Frogman is scum with Suzaku, I'm not relevant
2. Frogman is scum, Suzaku is not, Frogman wants to look good in front of town, again I'm irrelevant
3. Frogman is scum, I am scum with Frogman, I redirected Frogman's investigation onto me and he lied about his result to again look good. This is same as case #2 except I'm involved for no good reason
4. Frogman is town, I am town, I redirected. If that were the case I'd claim my action
5. Frogman, Me, Suzaku are all scum. We all do the above actions and lie about them. That's possible but such terrible play that I'm not even sure how to analyze this

This is the thing. I'm going to be a bit suspicious of scum investigation results while you're alive, as redirecting an investigation which I have to declare publicly onto yourself would be a cheap and easy tactic for scum!you to throw massive suspicion first on my investigation target and secondly onto me when the target flipped as something other than what I claimed. But a town result is much more credible; falsifying my result in the only manner that you could, would be counterproductive to your win condition.

Talking of investigation results, what happened to Dr Ug's?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:41 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Ok,

After a week and a half from hell at work, I have finally had a chance to read through this mammoth thread.

I apologise for my inactivity, but as a result I didn't submit any investigations last night. I have submitted some for tonight just in case the same thing happens again.

Van

Postby Van » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:08 pm UTC

<real life talk>Van is kinda missing! My group's research project has run into some horribly conflicting data less than a week before we're supposed to send our poster off to print. "Scrambling to recover" is an understatement :shock: </real life talk>

Regarding the "two being a safe number, so Jimbob is scum" claim, I wasn't initially buying it. I've got some people in mind I am thinking are scum from that list, so it kinda fits. But then I got to thinking about Draculafia, and now that Draculafia is over, I can finally say what I wanted re: Jimbob. To be 100% honest, his posts are long and my time is short, but I'm getting exactly the same vibe from him in this game as I was in Draculafia. There's not a thing I can point at and say "he said this and it was scummy", but I'm almost positive he is scum. As such, I'd really like to lynch him today, but...

I do not think patzer is scum.
I'm not 100% sold on Freezeblade being scum, because I think I might try to distance myself from SDK's weird play if I had replaced in there too, but I have my doubts, and I'd rather see him dead than Patzer.

Vote: Freezeblade

(I think this is the second time I've voted for you because I'd rather see another player live. Sorry Freezeblade!)
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:34 pm UTC

I think it's somewhat unfair that my read of freezeblade from my first post is being attributed as distancing. Take it as you will and with any wine/beer/doubts you want, but for what it's worth I was not going to label someone as 100% scum till I was done reading. After all this could've been the same case as what was happening with patzer (whom I found scummy until we learned about the tie with sabrar).

I don't plan to use my action tonight unless someone wants to suggest how it would be useful to town. The only thing I can think of is try to redirect someone whom I suspect to be a wolf onto me (open to suggestions) to take the death instead of someone else. Given that I don't think my role is that useful to us, I may do that.

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:24 pm UTC

Did as much of a reread as I have time for. Major points.

1. Diemo-Madge is a jester or scum and is getting a night kill starting tomorrow. If a vig doesn't kill them tonight, we're going to need to lynch them tomorrow or be in serious trouble.

2. I think patzer is non-alien. Although gambits can definitely happen, I don't think it's what is happening here. I think freezeblade is probably alien and the patzer votes are people trying to save freeze. I plan to vote freeze after someone else does so that I can hammer and make D3 come sooner, because I'm anxious to see if I survive and what happens next.

3. I plan on voting freezeblade once one other person votes for freezeblade, so that I can hammer, so that we can get a 50/50 split of players voting/not voting for the lynch to make the number of scum voting for the lynch more useful.

4. I still don't want to be turned into a nurse, since there are jestery people around who shouldn't have votes, and someone being voteless negates them being mindcontrolled.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

@Van - a bit harsh, using meta from my only previous game to determine that I'm scum. Sorry if my posts are generally too long, but as I think I mentioned in Draculafia (or possibly in here, I'm not sure), doing big post summaries is the easiest thing I've found in trying to analyse people. With such relatively high activity, I'm not sure I can take everything in as it goes past me!

@Sungura, is there anything other than my investigation result that you find suspicious about me? Is there anybody you'd like me to express my opinion on, or any question you'd like me to answer?

@Dimochka, I'm not sure that there's anything you can really do to clear up my suspicion, other than providing a reasonable reason why you wouldn't use your ability to try protect Lawrencelot or weiyaoli last night...

Ningja'ed - Actually, I just reread your role, and I realise I misread it. I thought you chose who you thought was going to be the target of an action to redirect that action onto yourself. Need to completely re-evaluate that. That reason on the other hand would still be useful. If you are town, you might as well try to get a kill redirected onto you from a wolf, as opposed to a more powerful role. Alternatively, if you hit an alien, you will get mind-controlled and have a reasonably likelihood that your target was alien. Given that half my suspicion was based on that mistaken understanding of your role:

Unvote

-- end of Ninja response

@freezeblade, looks like you're heading for the lynch, do you have anything to say before dying that will be useful to hear once we've seen your flip? Or a claim that would give us good reason not to lynch you? In particular, who are your top scum, and what faction are they in?

People I think are likely town:
Lawrencelot (obviously)
jimbobmacdoodle (duh)
Van
Sungura
Snark
crucialityfactor (maybe?)
roadierich (maybe?)

People I think are likely third-party:
patzer (Survivor)
Sabrar (Survivor - could also be town if not aligned with patzer)
Znirk (Druid)

People I think have a good chance of being scum:
freezeblade (if I had to pick I'd go with wolf, but not really sure, could easily be alien)
faubiguy/dimochka (alien -- Ninja response: less certain --)
DJ (by process of elimination) (umm... maybe werewolf?)
mpolo (by process of elimination) (no idea what faction)
Yoloswag (my gut says alien, but could also be traitor or lone wolf)
ConMan (very weak, but probably alien if scum)

People I haven't really got strong feelings on:
everyone else

I know I previously had Yoloswag towards the townie end, but since then I can't help but feel that his attitude is decidedly anti-town. Assuming he killed Vytron as he claimed (I have no idea why he'd false claim like that), he can't be a werewolf, so simply based on probabilities, that makes him an alien.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:35 pm UTC

Ninja/EBWOP: forgot to re-place my vote.

Hmm... I don't see much point in me putting myself on the freezeblade wagon to allow my ability to check my alignment, so I'm not going to vote for him so that someone else can do so and get themselves covered by my ability. I'm happy with the freezeblade lynch. I'd also support Yoloswag's lynch, or possibly faubiguy's.

This is unlikely to have any effect whatsoever, but:

Vote: HBC | Yoloswag
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:05 pm UTC

Sorry for the hiatus in activity, my daughter and I have been sick as the proverbial dog the last couple of days. With weird sleep patterns to boot (hence why I'm currently awake at 2 a.m.; can't sleep)

I haven't had a lot of time to connect all the dots, but:

patzer now looks more like she wants to be lynched than anything else. Thus:
Unvote: patzer

I'm far from convinced on the link between patzer and Sabrar. I think Sabrar has been pretty townie.

I'm more than a little concerned about Sungura's view of me and frogEcho. Is it so hard to conceive of us both being town?
I'm not trying to claim that I'm confirmed by the investigation result, but I stand by the thought that most sum investigations will still be trustworthy.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:07 pm UTC

Votals:

patzer (4): Djehutynakht, ConMan, Dr Ug, crucialityfactor
Freezeblade (9): Sungura, moody7277, Lawrencelot, Sabrar, patzer, Echo244, mpolo, zombie!Dimochka, Van
YOLOSWAG (1): jimbobmacdoodle

Not voting (6): YOLOSWAG, Snark, Madge, znirk, roadierich, Suzaku

Game Status:
Freezeblade is currently voteless.
Echo244 has proposed investigating RoadieRich - tenure committee members should vote before day end.
11 votes are required to majority lynch.

Soft deadline set for 8pm GMT, Wednesday 2 December - just under 3 hours time!

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:08 pm UTC

Just realised that I forgot to add Suzaku to the list of probably townies. This is what happens when people go quiet :oops:

Probably town:
Lawrencelot (obviously)
jimbobmacdoodle (duh)
Van
Sungura
Snark
crucialityfactor (maybe?)
roadierich (maybe?)
Suzaku
BlitzGirl the Primordial

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:47 pm UTC

Sorry about not having a lot of insight there. Hopefully I can get one or two good posts in. I have already informed Misnomer that i will be mostly offline from December 6 to 14, but I will try to get at least one or two "check-ins". There is Internet where I will be, but not a lot of time because I am accompanying students…
Image <-- Evil experiment

Van

Postby Van » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:18 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Van - a bit harsh, using meta from my only previous game to determine that I'm scum. Sorry if my posts are generally too long, but as I think I mentioned in Draculafia (or possibly in here, I'm not sure), doing big post summaries is the easiest thing I've found in trying to analyse people. With such relatively high activity, I'm not sure I can take everything in as it goes past me!
Ok, I entirely get that, and I apologize regardless of being right or wrong. It's not really good mojo to reference someone's meta when they don't have a meta yet. But, moreso than meta, I just recognize some aspects of your posting style as things I've personally done as scum. It's hard to describe, but it's caution that borders on hesitancy? As in, highlighting things that are kind of anti-town but not really putting your weight behind it (because you know that they aren't actually scum), if that makes any sense.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:24 pm UTC

Nothing really to say, other than lynching me is likey the best course of action, as I've been so busy with work, holidays, and being overwhelmed by the shear amount of info that's needed to absorb from this game, I haven't been very useful to the smalltown town.

I don't have any special information that would help anyone, and a power that's...pretty useless imho.

I apologize to all involved, and hope the night serves fruitful.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:27 pm UTC

Firstly: given the time constraints and current votals I'll make this a decision between Patzer, Freezeblade and No Vote, so these two get my focus.

Patzer (lycanthrope, tracker): Would have been my choice early on because of the Sabrar-Patzer situation. Sabrar had actually drawn my attention with that strange rant about an off-by-one-key misspelling of his name; so I was already suspicious when the second-place vote-tying came along. However the no-chat result on Sabrar and mind-controlled vote for Patzer (both in one post by CF) makes the lovers or siblings hypothesis quite plausible, since Liar:Crucialityfactor would just be adding her own name to the list of suspicously linked people when any of them flip anti-town. Risky, and purpose-free as far as I can tell. Therefore CF is probably being truthful here.

Freezeblade (welder): Yesterday SDK didn't seem particularly suspicious to me, but I guess I see people's problem with him in retrospect. Today Freezeblade is melting into the wallpaper even when he does post, which seems very odd for a lynch favourite. I'm going to take that as a scummy sign (said he after having disappeared for a week himself :| ) It's true that the welder power could help alien-lynching efficiency, but only if we're farily sure of who to hit. Since I think there's a better-than-random chance that Freezeblade is scum himself (I'm hoping for our first alien):

vote freezeblade

Secondly: some responses to people discussing me.
- Van has a gut feeling about me, among other gutfeelees. <shrug> Nothing to respond to here. (Oh, and Van=Heather, who nursified me. OK, seems consistent.)
- HBC talks about my having difficulties finding specific things to latch onto, and my being careful with word choice. I agree with both, but would put the former down to being a new player, the latter to being a second-language speaker. I did point out that my opinions were second-hand because, well, they were; and it seems like a good idea to acknowledge that convincing-sounding sources may themselves have an anti-town agenda.
- Jimbob questions my understanding of third-party win conditions. To make my assumptions explicit: I've been reading "you win" as "everybody else doesn't", with the smaller group's conditions taking precedence over the larger. So if a jester gets lynched, and then later all scum is eliminated, jester wins with town in second place. If werewolves kill off enough of their competition to win, but leave the/a traitor alive, the traitor(s) win ahead of the wolves. What is your interpretation?
- same post, the matter of Druids is back. I can only point out again that I have offered to claim druid-or-not-druid if anybody asks, and that nobody so far has asked. My reasoning was that it might be useful to know who cared enough about this to actually ask the question. And when I pointed out that druids have chat, it was in the context of discussing the snark trap: It's reasonable to assume that any druids would discuss their response in private before acting, so a trap would need to fool them both. Hence my low opinion of Snark's chances.

Third: other things I've noticed
- I would very much like an investigation result on Jimbob. The 2 scum voters result may be true, but in the list he gives of Sungura, znirk, mpolo, Van, patzer and Djehutynakht I would actually accept as plausible a result of no anti-town at all. Scum:Jimbob would not want to reveal that result because of its obvious effect on the lynch targeting space.

... and that's pretty much all I've got, and all I have time to come up with before deadline. Again, sorry for my D2 lapse. I promise to do better from now on (if I survive the night).

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:35 pm UTC

Vote: freezeblade

There's the hammer as promised.

Misnomer is online, so hopefully D3 will be up shortly, and I'll have survived the night.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:42 pm UTC

Deadline in- wait, I actually got a majority lynch from a game with 22 living players? :shock:

Lynch and day end will take place shortly. Please do not post during this time.

Staggering back from the off-license with a shopping bag full of cider, the Mayor spotted Thomas waiting around anxiously.

'Ah, Thomas!' she cried, with slightly too much glee in her voice, 'Your committee asked me to give this to you. Don't worry, I'm sure it's good news!'

As the Mayor walked back to her office, giggling to herself slightly, Thomas nervously opened the letter...

Tenure Committee wrote:Dear Professor,

Thank you for informing us of your proposed research. Looking over your proposal, one knows there is something important there but the language is so inaccessible that you cannot make up your mind if they are trying to hide something or they actually think that is a good style of writing. The overall value of this exercise would not so much that be that it is novel, groundbreaking research as it is a demonstration of opportunistic sampling and analysis. Indeed, not only does this strike us as the worst kind of postmodern legerdemain, but if acted upon the proposal would transform ethics into a hopelessly muddled enterprise.

Additionally, the font chosen is ugly.

It will therefore be of no surprise to you that the committee has voted by 2 votes to 1 to REJECT your proposal.

Regards,
The Committee.
For those curious, the complaints above were taken from http://shitmyreviewerssay.tumblr.com/

Thomas began screaming.

The rest of the town, however, had more important things to attend to.

Final D2 Votals:

patzer (4): Djehutynakht, ConMan, Dr Ug, crucialityfactor
Freezeblade (11): Sungura, moody7277, Lawrencelot, Sabrar, patzer, Echo244, mpolo, zombie!Dimochka, Van, znirk, Snark
YOLOSWAG (1): jimbobmacdoodle

Not voting (4): YOLOSWAG, Madge, roadierich, Suzaku

As Wolfgang was led up to the scaffold, he reflected on how unfair life had been to him. He'd been so busy rushing around, but he hadn't even had a chance to weld anything together properly yet. Would there be metalwork in the afterlife, he wondered? Somehow, he was not optimistic.

And with that grim thought still in mind, Wolfgang met his violent death.

Freezeblade (Wolfgang the Welder) has been lynched and is now dead.

Night actions will now be processed. Please be patient and continue not to post while this is going on.

Misnomer

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Misnomer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:31 pm UTC

SMALLTOWN CHAOS CONTINUES - YET MORE DEATHS

The crisis is Smalltown has intensified this morning, as following on from three mysterious deaths the night before the death rate has doubled, with a grand total of six newly deceased residents adding to the rapidly growing pile of corpses in the town square. The Gazette asked the Mayor's office for comment, but was informed that she was apparently 'too tired and emotional from recent events' to give a statement. Meanwhile officials predict that the rapidly diminishing population will require a hike in tax rates, a position that the Gazette can only describe as (continued page 5).

The citizens of Smalltown had, of course, expected that there would be a fair few deaths in the night, but the scale of this was still all quite a shock.

zombie!dimochka, sungura, crucialityfactor, moody7277 and patzer were all killed during the night. Sabrar has also died of a broken heart.

Bewildered by the amount of corpses to inspect, the surviving townsfolk resolved to get bad news out of the way first and inspect those who were obviously townies. A quick search of Albert the Archaeologist's body revealed nothing of significance, while upon closer inspection Bunny the Bumblebee Bat was wearing the same masonic regalia that Y had been. Luna the Lycanthrope and Gary the Grieving Widow meanwhile were found lying hand-in-hand, obviously lovers - a revelation that prompted the scandalised townsfolk to reflect that Gary might not have been grieving for his departed spouse that much after all. In any case, they were obviously all town.

moody7277 (Albert the Archaeologist) was a Townie (Town). sungura (Bunny the Bumblebee Bat) was a Mason (Town). patzer (Luna the Lycanthrope) and Sabrar (Gary the Grieving Widow) were Lovers (Town).

The death of the innocents out of the way, the citizens of Smalltown turned their attention to the body of Calvin the Crotchety Old Man. All bones and wrinkles, it hadn't been a very pleasant sight while he was alive: but in death, it took on a different form entirely.

crucialityfactor (Calvin the Crotchety Old Man) was a Werewolf (Anti-town).

Another dead werewolf! And with only six honest members of the town dead so far! Thrilled, the citizens of Smalltown congratulated themselves on what was, if not necessarily a good job, not a bad one either.

But the morning still had better news in store. For turning to Nobody's... erm... lack of body, they saw that far from being human, it was green and scaly, with huge bulging eyes and creepy long fingers. Definitely extra-terrestrial. Inspecting Wolfgang's corpse, still hanging by the neck, they saw that he was the same. Smalltown had uncovered its first aliens.

zombie!dimochka (Nobody the Nameless) and Freezeblade (Wolfgang the Welder) were both Aliens (Anti-town).

'Heavens!' exclaimed Father Patrick, 'That's rather a turn-up for the books! Oh Lord, we thank you today for delivering us from-'

'Oh do knock it off Father!' snapped Xela, who was feeling somewhat queasy at the sight of all the alien blood. 'Unless we're all suddenly convinced all the aliens are dead by some disembodied authority on the subject, then the invasion isn't over yet.'

The aliens were not all dead.

'See?' said Xela, folding her arms in satisfaction.

But then suddenly she frowned. Iggy was staring at her and grinning like an idiot. 'Oh Iggy' she groaned, 'Please tell me that you haven't...'

Madge (Xela the Xenomorph) has been rendered voteless.

'Oh Lord, we pray that you may give us all strength to deal with life when Idiots render us voteless and-' Father Patrick started again, but nobody was listening. For all the deaths, Smalltown's enemies were still on the loose - and they needed to be caught, fast.

It is now Day 3. No deadline is currently set. Results of investigations and other mod notifications will be going out shortly.

Game Status:
Madge is currently voteless.

14 voting players, so 8 votes required to majority lynch.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:40 pm UTC

Hi. I killed dimochka.

Verdict's out on where to go from here but figured I'd get that out of the way. Really glad someone did the right thing and offed CF the obvious scum and didn't bend to the terrible reasons people came up with to not have him shot.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:51 pm UTC

Figures. *flutters off to the next cave*

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:57 pm UTC

Not Surprising!

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:23 pm UTC

No reason not to do this, even though it's kind of meaningless coming from a guy who can't be targeted: I'm not under mind control.

Not a whole lot else to say until everyone else reports in, but I must say, Lawrencelot's continued existence is odd (I would say suspicious if he wasn't confirmed town). There are no protective roles at the moment, except Marco who seems more interested in killing, and Lawrencelot's ability is very dangerous to a lone wolf (which we must have at least one of, unless ConMan has a secret kill power, which seems unlikely), especially with him being confirmed town and therefore virtually impossible to lynch, so why hasn't the lone wolf killed Lawrencelot?
I'm wondering if the lone wolf is one of the players whose abilities make losing the lone wolf kill less of a problem. So I think the lone wolf is likely Yoloswag or RoadieRich, since they have vig kills that they can use on Lawrencelot if necessary (Suzaku isn't on the list since frogman wouldn't have called him town if he was a lone wolf), or possibly ConMan, since his ability is unknown and therefore I can't rule him out. Not that the lone wolf is our biggest concern at the moment, just putting it out there while I'm thinking about it for when it becomes relevant.

Return to “Mafia”