Smalltown Werewolf PYP - F is for Finished!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

SirGabriel

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D5: E is for Elimination

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:30 pm UTC

Znirk, what do you think of the possibility of RoadieRich being traitor? I agree that Suzaku and RoadieRich are not wolves, which by process of elimination would make you and ConMan the wolves (although I, unlike you, think there are good reasons apart from process of elimination to think ConMan is wolf). If we lynch ConMan, the remaining wolf kills Suzaku (which seems like the obvious target - if there are two people left, and one is a townie and the other doesn't have a kill that can't be voteblocked, then the wolf wins), and Suzaku and RoadieRich kill the two of us, then if RR is traitor, town loses. Plus RR hasn't posted at all today, I'm not sure we could count on his kill anyway. So I propose that we lynch ConMan, voteblock RR, and let Suzaku decide the game with his kill tonight. If we end up with a townie and traitor!RR as the only two alive tomorrow, that's still a town victory.

Suzaku, Znirk's argument relies on his knowledge that he is town. I can claim that same knowledge about myself, but since we've established that neither you nor RR is wolf, one of us must be lying. Feel free to ask me anything that will help you decide between the two of us.

I'm not voting yet because I want to hear what both of you think of voteblocking RR before I put ConMan at L-1.

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:09 pm UTC

Ah, of course: Traitor is third-party, so if the only survivor is one, town does lose. And I did pretty much fall for the one traitor we already know about (Van).

In that case it's a matter of choosing between the respective risks of (RR being a traitor) and (missing a wolf by killing only two out of three suspects), either of which could lead to a wolf win.

... OK, how's this: Given the random distribution of alignments, and the lack of any specific moments of suspicion beyond "what if ...", Suzaku is just as likely as RR to be a traitor. If he is, we lose (lynch a wolf, Suzaku kills a non-wolf; then after night results show a wolf remaining, Suzaku can claim and join the wolf in lynching the townie). So IF either out of Suzaku and RR is a traitor, it's only 50/50 that Gabriel's plan does anything useful.

On the other hand, if there's no traitor, and the wolves are definitely Conman and either Gabriel or myself, then lynching con and killing only one out of Gabriel and myself has a 50/50 chance of leaving the other survivor with a wolf problem (unless Suzaku is very confident about which of us to trust).

So the question becomes: Do you think it more likely than not that one out of Suzaku and Roadierich is a traitor? I don't. I think our best chance is to gamble on no traitor, go with the increasingly popular opinion that both Suzaku and Roadie are non-scum, and finish this tonight.

'Course, this presumes that Suzaku and Roadierich agree that Conman, Gabriel and myself are the primary suspects. I'm looking forward to Suzaku's promised detailed post, and hoping to hear from Roadierich.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:31 pm UTC

Znirk wrote:So the question becomes: Do you think it more likely than not that one out of Suzaku and Roadierich is a traitor? I don't. I think our best chance is to gamble on no traitor, go with the increasingly popular opinion that both Suzaku and Roadie are non-scum, and finish this tonight.

I don't think Suzaku is a traitor, and if he is, we're in trouble no matter what we do, as there would be 3 nightkills in the hands of anti-town, plus the werewolf would know Suzaku is a traitor and Suzaku would know that the werewolf knows that.
But killing Sungura and then taking credit for it is exactly what I would have done in traitor!RoadieRich's shoes: best case scenario, town decides I'm not alien/werewolf/lone wolf and doesn't lynch me while scum realizes I'm the traitor and plans accordingly; worst case scenario, I get lynched, which is better for me than scum getting lynched. So yes, I think RR being traitor is a likely scenario.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:33 pm UTC

Also, I find it suspicious that Znirk is giving all these calculations based on a priori numbers when we've got people's actions over 5 game days to judge them by.

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:46 pm UTC

<shrug> To me, the traitor option is a bit of an afterthought which I wasn't paying attention to on the big reread. A priori is all I've got on the traitor question without putting in another couple of hours; and between the two of us it's really Suzaku's or RR's call, not mine or yours, to assign wolf probabilities. After all, we both know about our own alignment, and I think we both have a pretty good idea where that other wolf is hiding.

But okay then, I'm acting somewhat suspicious. Meanwhile you are working hard to reduce the number of town kills, so ... again, at this point it's suzaku's opinion on traitor probabilities and suspicions on the second wolf that I find relevant, not yours.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:57 pm UTC

Votals:

ConMan (1): znirk

Not voting (4): Suzaku, SirGabriel, roadierich, ConMan

Game status:
1 tenure committee member remains alive.
5 players remaining, so 3 votes needed to majority lynch.

Soft deadline set for 6pm GMT, Wednesday 23 December - just over 50 hours from now.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:44 pm UTC

OK, last contribution for a while:

I notice I'm in too much of an argument with Gabriel now. I'm not really opposed to his idea of hedging against a possible roadierich:traitor; but since I'm as convinced that Gabriel is scum as I can be before he dies and is revealed, I think his chief goal here is to try to give himself a chance of surviving the night and being alone with a meal tomorrow.

I've made my position pretty clear, I think. Gabriel and Conman are the likely wolves. They need to be killed tonight, and one of them by way of lynch. I'm voting Conman currently, but will change to Gabriel if that's where public opinion goes. Since from other people's perspective I may also be one of the scum options, I don't mind being killed in addition. I will not vote-block Roadie, and I don't think Gabriel or Conman can afford to; but if Suzaku feels confident about targeting the remaining wolf but unsure about Roadie's town-ness, then by all means block him.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:12 am UTC

On the one hand, I don't like any of this, and from where I'm sitting anyone could be scum. Based on his last couple of posts and Znirk's analysis, I am marginally less suspicious of Suzaku, I suppose. Roadie is still hard to get a read on due to his relative lack of content, and while I agree in general with Znirk's point about him possibly being able to lay claim to a different kill, I think that only works if he's the lone wolf, because the unaccounted deaths are all either town or wolf and wolf!roadie wouldn't know whether anyone would be claiming the wolf deaths - and as Znirk points out, lone wolf roadie makes no sense from frogman/echo's investigation. So I guess I agree with roadie being the towniest.

Out of Znirk and SirG ... I'd probably lean SirG as being more likely scum, and the possibility of them being the two wolves is definitely an idea I'm open to.

Me not looking particularly townie, well I can see that. My many fumbles in messing up things like how various roles work, and of course being uncertain about how openly I can talk about a certain thing, are the product of genuine lapses of concentration, but I can see how they might be viewed as scum trying to muddy the water.

So i am in favor of leaving roadie his kill and letting him take out whoever he thinks is scummiest, and crossing our fingers that Suzaku is town and letting him do the same, so the lynch would then be down to me, Znirk and SirG with probably a slight preference for SirG.

If the game is paused, will you allow actions to be submitted for today during the pause?

Obviously the plan doesn't work well if we only have Suzaku's kill available. If that's the case, we can try to aim for a result that leaves us with at least one town somehow, which in the end probably doesn't look too different in terms of how we vote. It will just be the case that I'll take the lead on who to vote for from Suzaku rather than roadie.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:15 am UTC

If the game is paused then it will be paused from the beginning of Day 6. Night 5 would still occur as normal.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:53 am UTC

ConMan wrote:Roadie is still hard to get a read on due to his relative lack of content, and while I agree in general with Znirk's point about him possibly being able to lay claim to a different kill, I think that only works if he's the lone wolf, because the unaccounted deaths are all either town or wolf and wolf!roadie wouldn't know whether anyone would be claiming the wolf deaths

I skipped that part of the argument, but: The only kill roles from N2 still alive on D3 (after Sungura's death) were Suzaku, RR, and HBC (Madge only gained her kill that morning). HBC has since turned out to be alien, so what he wants to claim is of no interest to roadie:werewolf. Nobody's going to claim "I'm a wolf and we killed ...". Therefore the only configuration where RR:werewolf has to be considerate of others' kill-claim requirements is the one where both Roadie and Suzaku are on team werewolf together. If he's werewolf, but the only one with a public kill role, then he can take his pick of two kills to claim just as well as any loner with a kill role.

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:15 pm UTC

And here's something I never responded to:
SirGabriel wrote:But killing Sungura and then taking credit for it is exactly what I would have done in traitor!RoadieRich's shoes: best case scenario, town decides I'm not alien/werewolf/lone wolf and doesn't lynch me while scum realizes I'm the traitor and plans accordingly; worst case scenario, I get lynched, which is better for me than scum getting lynched. So yes, I think RR being traitor is a likely scenario.

I sort-of see what you're saying (a lynch absorber helps scum), but it seems like a weak move in this specific game. For one thing, with a still fairly large number of kill actions around, soaking up the lynch is proportionally less useful.

Another part of your argument would make a lot more sense if we had only one scum group rather than two factions plus two lone wolves. Scum doesn't magically realise you're a traitor in our context. If anything they realise you're not acting particularly towny, but to a bunch of werewolves still hunting aliens that's no reason to not kill you.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:29 pm UTC

Znirk wrote:And here's something I never responded to:
SirGabriel wrote:But killing Sungura and then taking credit for it is exactly what I would have done in traitor!RoadieRich's shoes: best case scenario, town decides I'm not alien/werewolf/lone wolf and doesn't lynch me while scum realizes I'm the traitor and plans accordingly; worst case scenario, I get lynched, which is better for me than scum getting lynched. So yes, I think RR being traitor is a likely scenario.

I sort-of see what you're saying (a lynch absorber helps scum), but it seems like a weak move in this specific game. For one thing, with a still fairly large number of kill actions around, soaking up the lynch is proportionally less useful.

Another part of your argument would make a lot more sense if we had only one scum group rather than two factions plus two lone wolves. Scum doesn't magically realise you're a traitor in our context. If anything they realise you're not acting particularly towny, but to a bunch of werewolves still hunting aliens that's no reason to not kill you.

Like I said, absorbing the lynch is the worst-case scenario, not the goal. If I was a traitor in that situation, I would kill Sungura to get rid of her scumhunting, and then take credit for it in hope that town would not find it scummy enough to lynch but scum would realize it's not a logical move for town or for other scum. I'm not saying it's necessarily the best move in that situation, just that it's what I would do, and I suspect it's what RoadieRich actually did.

I'm still waiting to hear from Suzaku and RoadieRich.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:49 pm UTC

Votals:

ConMan (1): znirk

Not voting (4): Suzaku, SirGabriel, roadierich, ConMan

Game status:

Soft deadline set for 6pm GMT, Wednesday 23 December - a little over 18 hours from now.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:46 am UTC

No idea where Suzaku and RoadieRich are, but deadline is coming up, so

Vote: ConMan

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:00 am UTC

Suzaku is processing night for Secret Santa (or looking for time to do that), the other two I don't know about. I'll do my best to pop back in before deadline, but we may have a majority vote by the time I get back.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:10 pm UTC

I'm here - I'll deal with this before finishing off SS's night.

Reading back over a few things, will be back with a proper post in a bit.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:20 pm UTC

On reread, I'm leaning toward voting for ConMan now.

Stuff I agree with:
RR is not a wolf, could possibly be a traitor.
We almost certainly have a lone wolf remaining (other possibility - Perry has a secret kill ability which accounts for the unaccounted kills instead of a loner.)
This would make sense both for scum!ConMan who wouldn't want to admit to killing, and for town!ConMan for whom admitting to a kill would presumably invite modkilling for revealing Perry's secret.
It's possible that there are two werewolves (and killer!Perry would make that marginally more likely than 1 WW and 1 LW)

Why I now think lynching CM is a good idea:
I don't like the post where he speculates that RR and I are town if there are only two town. It seems to silly a slip for scum to make, but I really can't parse it into anything else he could have meant to say.
(I agree that if there are only two town left, then that probably really is RR and me.)
Since it's well on the cards that he is some form of scum, I would prioritise him above other lynch targets of similar confidence, because we don't know what he might be able to do at night, and I can think of several abilities that would make things extremely nasty for town.

FMPOV (knowing that I'm town):
Can't lynch me or RR (both confidently town)
Can certainly lynch SirG or ConMan (potential wolves, likely the werewolf team (IMHO) if there are, in fact, two wolves left.)
Znirk is an outside runner - better than me or RR and worse than SirG or CM.

If there are 2 werewolves then: likely team is SirG and CM, and, either Znirk is the lone wolf or Perry's a killer.
I don't think Znirk's our loner (he said "I don't need to be present to win", which I don't think a lone wolf would say, although a werewolf might), so if we think that there are two wolves we should lynch ConMan, as that would take Perry's kill off the table, reducing NKs by one, which lynching SirG would not.

If there's only one werewolf, it doesn't matter whether we kill the pack wolf or the loner, either way removes a kill power.

On voteblocking RR:
I think it may not be a bad idea, on the off chance that he may be a traitor, and he could be wrong even if town (assuming he's here at all; he's posting less than I am, and that's saying something).

Assume we lynch correctly:
4 players go into night, with most likely three kills (me, RR, wolf).
I probably die (as I can't be voteblocked and I think I'm unlikely to be mislynched tomorrow if there is one)
I kill either Znirk or SirG.

If I kill well, then RR and town!not-my-target survive.
If I miss, then RR and scum!my-target survive, which is a scum win in almost any scenario I can conceive of.

Same is true if RR and my kills converge.

If RR and I agree in advance that I kill Znirk and he SirG (or vice-versa) then RR only survives which is a guaranteed RR win, I think.

If we're confident that he's town and present, this is probably the best plan. It removes any need to judge between Znirk and SirG - and if town neither Znirk nor SirG needs to survive to win.

So the plan, I think, should be lynch CM, I kill SirG, RR kills Znirk if he's around or not if not.

Anyone not agree with this, you have a few hours before I go to bed to change my mind. Deadline is 3 a.m. here, so if nothing happens I will vote and submit my kill on SIrG just before bed.
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:21 pm UTC

EBWOP: I talked myself out of voteblocking RR in that last section; I was slightly in favour of it when I started writing, not at the end.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:28 pm UTC

I don't think we can count on RoadieRich submitting a kill, even if we don't voteblock him. So I think Suzaku needs to decide who's scummier between myself and Znirk, and then announce his target in thread so that RoadieRich, if he's around, can submit the other as his target. Obviously, I think Znirk rather than myself should be Suzaku's target, letting RoadieRich target me if he's around, but I'm at work and don't have time at the moment to formulate a detailed argument for killing Znirk instead of me.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:32 pm UTC

Votals:

ConMan (2): znirk, SirGabriel

Not voting (3): Suzaku, roadierich, ConMan

Game status:

Soft deadline set for 6pm GMT, Wednesday 23 December - a little under 3.5 hours from now.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:44 pm UTC

Sorry, SirG, I think killing you is better than killing Znirk. Marginal call, but I'll go with it.
My kill is submitted.

RR, if you see this in the next 17 minutes, please kill Znirk.

I will hammer ConMan at midnight my time (in 17 minutes).

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:03 pm UTC

Vote: ConMan

Hammer!

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:07 pm UTC

Ah excellent. This means modding duties won't now disrupt my Christmas baking. :P

A majority lynched has been reached. Day end will follow shortly - please do not post in this time.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:24 pm UTC

Had a post, got called into a meeting, then hammer happened.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:11 pm UTC

‘Get your hands off of me!’ Perry shouted, as his neighbours wrestled him on to the scaffold. ‘I’m perfectly ordinary, do you hear me!’ he cried, trying to make his voice heard over the gathering storm, ‘I’m a perfectly ordinary fellow!’ Of course, for all their doubts about his true alignment, the townsfolk had never believed that particular claim for a second. ‘You’ll regret this!’ Perry screamed – and then there was a shove, a snapping neck, and Perry had been lynched.

Rather than dispersing to their homes, the final four remained in the square, standing around Perry’s corpse. Even though the snow was rapidly turning into a blizzard, they waited – they simply had to know. Minutes ticked on, and their fear grew ever more. ‘Oh God!’ cried Father Patrick, ‘He’s not transforming! He can’t have been the lone wolf after all!’ But even as he said this, Perry’s corpse began to change before their very eyes. A sleek white coat, powerful claws, and a scarred and pointed snout. There could be no doubt: they had their lone wolf.

ConMan (Perry the Perfectly Ordinary Fellow) has been lynched. He was a Lone Wolf (Anti-Town).

At that point however, something rather peculiar started to happen. A whirring, buzzing noise, faint at first, began to vibrate through the air. The four remaining citizens of Smalltown couldn’t quite put their finger on it, but they knew, somehow, that it was a familiar noise. As if it had been heard long ago, but forgotten. More to the point, they also knew that it was getting louder – and that it was coming from inside Perry’s body. ‘Oh no… no, it can’t be… get back from the corpse!’ cried Oscar, ‘Everyone get back now!’

A second later, the dead werewolf exploded. Out of it shot a large orange object, which flew around the Town Square. YOU FOOLS, it boomed in hellish, grating voice, DID YOU THINK I COULD BE DEFEATED SO EASILY? WITNESS NOW, MY TRUE FORM… LASERS, FIRE! Right on cue, laser beams began firing out the sphere’s underside, aimed squarely at the remaining townsfolk, who wisely ran off in all directions. MISERABLE WORMS!, the creature roared, DO YOU REALLY THINK I WILL NOT HUNT YOU DOWN?

‘Oi, Halloween-head!’ a voice cried out suddenly, ‘If you want to take over this town, you’ll be needing this!’ The creature spun around, and saw the Mayor standing on the steps of the Town Hall, the comically oversized solid-gold key to the city in her hands. THE KEY!, it bellowed, GIVE ME THE KEY! But the Mayor shook her head. ‘Smalltown is a quiet place!’ she shouted over the storm, ‘Full of quiet people doing quiet things. It doesn’t have any werewolves, it doesn’t have any aliens, and it definitely. Doesn’t. Have. Any. FLYING PUMPKINS!’ With a blood-curdling cry, she launched herself into the air, and struck the key against the creature with all her might. Perry gave a roar, and exploded into a thousand squashy pieces. Brushing the splattered pumpkin flesh off of her dress, the Mayor picked up the key and walked back to her office. Her job that night was done.

Perry’s secret role was that of The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass. He had a 3-shot fly ability, which allowed for immunity from other player actions on any given night, and a 1-shot laser ability, which would have killed every player who targeted him on the night it was used.

Away from the town square, events developed fast. The four had been separated, and were now each wandering alone through the streets of Smalltown. Seizing his opportunity, the final Werewolf transformed into his true form. Tonight, he resolved, it would be ended.

To be continued…

Misnomer

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - F is for Finished!

Postby Misnomer » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:12 pm UTC

…immediately.

Morning broke, and as the first rays of sunshine tentatively stretched across the land the full effects of the wintry storm of the night before became quickly apparent. Half-buried under snow, the small town of… erm… Smalltown had been transformed overnight into a frozen winter wonderland. The blood-stained streets, the piles of corpses, the gallows which had seen such use… all had been obliterated from sight, as if the pristine white of the snow had cleansed the town clean. As the sun rose high into the sky, not a creature stirred in the streets of Smalltown, and not a bird flew over its gabled rooftops and snow-choked trees. It was almost as if, in the entire place, nothing was left alive. Nothing at all…

But this, of course, was not true. And before long, a solitary figure emerged from his house, and trudged through the snow towards the town square. He had made this walk every morning since the killings has begun, but today was different and he knew it. Whatever his late neighbours had been hoping to achieve, that was all over now. His business was not at the gallows, but at the Town Hall. Not bothering to knock, the man burst into the Mayor’s office, finding her sitting behind the desk as if she had been expecting him all along.

‘Oh, it’s you’, she stated, with barely concealed disdain. ‘Is it all over then?’

The man said nothing.

‘The others are dead then, I take it?’ the Mayor snapped impatiently.

‘Obviously.’, replied Oscar, lighting a cigarette. ‘I killed Karl myself, just as I said I would. It was necessary of course, but I don’t think anybody was particularly surprised by the outcome.’

Znirk (Karl the Karateka) was killed during the night. He was a Townie (Town).

‘As for the others…’ he continued, ‘I can only tell you what I found, half buried in the snow: the badly mauled corpse of Suzaku, his sword buried in the bloody remains of a Werewolf in religious robes… looks like our Father Patrick was none too holy after all.’

Suzaku (Suzaku the Samurai) was killed during the night. He was a Townie (Town).

SirGabriel (Father Patrick the Franciscan Priest) was killed during the night. He was a Werewolf (Anti-Town). The Werewolf faction has been eliminated.

‘Well congratulations Oscar’, sneered the Mayor, ‘You’ve saved Smalltown and all of humanity etc. blah blah blah.’

‘If I might say so, Madam Mayor, you seem more than a little annoyed that I’ve survived this experience’, Oscar remarked.

‘Oh and why might that be?’ the Mayor shot back in a sing-song voice, her face contorted into a rictus smile. ‘After all, what mayor wouldn’t want a criminal such as yourself in their town?’

‘Ah,’ said Oscar, ‘So that’s it then.’ Extinguishing his cigarette in the ashtray, he turned as if to leave, but then suddenly span around and slammed his hands down on the desk, shoving his face close to the Mayor’s. ‘Do you know what I think?’ he shouted, cold rage burning in his voice, ‘I think that you were so obsessed with keeping your town pristine, so determined to keep away the Mafia, that when I moved here – to retire, mind you – you simply couldn’t take it. So you started spreading rumours about werewolves in the woods, and when that didn’t scare me away, you brought the real thing in too – plus a bunch of aliens for good measure! Look around you Madam Mayor – this town is ruined, but I’m still standing. Everything – EVERYTHING – you fought for has come to an end.’

Not waiting for a reply, he turned and headed out of the room. Reaching the door, he paused and called back to the hapless official: ‘Oh, by the way, I’m having some family come to town for a visit shortly. I suggest that you’re as far away from Smalltown as possible when they arrive’.

Half an hour late, the Mayor was gone – never to be seen again.

Oscar stood alone in the snow-covered square. It was strange, he thought that having spent his whole life being reviled by ordinary citizens, he should now have fought alongside them to save Smalltown. Of course, none of his former neighbours had actually survived, but new people would soon fill the gaps.

After all, despite its name, Smalltown always had plenty of room for new people.

GAME OVER – TOWN WIN.

Congratulations town & DJ, and thanks everybody for playing - hope you all enjoyed it! :D

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:17 pm UTC

I'm curious, ConMan, why did you think killing Van was a good idea? Does your ability provide immunity even from Suzaku's kill power?

Also, who did everyone kill? Werewolves (myself, to be precise) killed weiyaoli, moody, Dr Ug, Madge, and Suzaku (wanted to get rid of investigations first, then kills).

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:29 pm UTC

Yes!!
Big thanks to Znirk for leading the diminishing Town on the successful scum-hunt. I realized that #HBC | YOLOSWAG was an alien in the middle of Day 2 and would have outed him had I survived. I was very surprised however that the other part of my analysis didn't come true, it looks like the aliens missed the interaction of the mind-control with the vote-related kill-abilities. Major props for Misnomer for that by the way!

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:04 pm UTC

Way to lose us the game SirGabriel! :P

Was a good game though! Congrats to our winners!

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:10 pm UTC

crucialityfactor wrote:Way to lose us the game SirGabriel! :P

Was a good game though! Congrats to our winners!

I did what I could, but after ConMan turning out to be a lone wolf and killing the traitor and giving town a vig, there wasn't much I could do.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:18 pm UTC

I am excited that someone used the FPTSLBOOIA again :D
That was one of my fav roles ever written.

And yay, we pulled out a win!

From my gojoe thread dawn of the third day when I learned I was dead:
Bad guys left: HBC|YOLO, jimbob, DJ (obv jester is obv), RR, Ug, snark, conman, let's see how right I am.

I'll add RR was OMGUS I wanted him dead for being fucking stupid and killing me, and because I was fucking stupid and trusted that he was trying to protect me by putting me on the list so scum wouldn't kill me. I forgot only Gojoe, CF, and some the other originals of the forum played that way.

I did my best everyone...glad the town won but it was SOOOO frustrating to watch. :evil:
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/her/they/snug/gender neutral

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:22 pm UTC

Close one! So roadierich is, what? Ordinary townie and committee member?

Anyway:

- thanks to everyone for a good and tense game

- thanks a LOT to misnomer for some first-rate writing, and coming up with a few rather brilliant roles

- and a big round of applause to Van for:
Van wrote:haaaaate

... clearly the funniest moment in the game.

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:27 pm UTC

You did splendidly anyway, SirG. Not much you could have done near the end, logic and the number of kills flying around did for you in the end. It going down to one surviving Town member counts as a close run thing. ;-D

Good game all.

And amen to Van having the funniest moment in the game.
Unstoppable force of nature. That means she/her/hers.
Has committed an act of treason.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:34 pm UTC

Did this of curiousity.

Bolded I called correctly.

Not bad after a two year hiatus. And to be fair I stopped paying attention in game after day 3 so this was all from day three and prior.

1. Suzaku as Suzaku the Samurai, town
3. SirGabriel as Father Patrick the Franciscan Priest, werewolf
10. ConMan as Perry the Perfectly Ordinary Fellow, lone wolf
20. RoadieRich as Oscar the Original GangsterTM, town (right/wrong, called him as town right, put on bad guy list for killing me :evil: )
26. Znirk as Karl the Karateka town
24. Opus_723 as Ulysses the Undersea Explorer - lynched D1, Werewolf
25. weiyaoli as 'Y' the Yearning Spy - killed N1, Mason
13. Vytron as Zenith the Zombie - killed N1, Werewolf
19. Dimochka as Elmo the Exquisite Eagle - killed N1, Townie
4. SDK Freezeblade as Wolfgang the Welder - lynched D2, Alien
8. moody7277 as Albert the Archaeologist - killed N2, Townie
9. crucialityfactor as Calvin the Crotchety Old Man - killed N2, Werewolf
15. patzer as Luna the Lycanthrope - killed N2, Lover
17. Sabrar as Gary the Grieving Widow - died N2, Lover

18. Sungura as Bunny the Bumblebee Bat - killed N2, Mason
23. Faubiguy zombie!Dimochka as Nobody the Nameless - killed N2, Alien
14. Djehutynakht as Remus the Ranger - lynched D3, Hesitant Jester

7. mpolo as Quenton the Quality Assurance Lab Worker - killed N3, Townie
12. Dr Ug as Darryl the Drug-taking Dog - killed N3, Townie
2. Lawrencelot as Victor the Vegetarian Butcher- killed N3, Mason
11. frogman Echo244 as Thomas the Tenure-Track Professor - killed N3, Werewolf
22. Snark as Iggy the Irrelevant Idiot - killed N3, Lone Wolf
6. YOLOSWAG as Marco the Meticulous US Marine - lynched D4, Alien
5. Diemo Madge as Xela the Xenomorph - killed N4, Townie
16. van as Heather the Hospital Administrator - killed N4, Traitor
21. jimbobmacdoodle as Jimmy the Janitor - killed N4, Werewolf
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:43 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:I did my best everyone...glad the town won but it was SOOOO frustrating to watch. :evil:

Not everyone can be the scum-hunting demigod you are; although Znirk looked to be your apprentice.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:07 pm UTC

After reading the spoilers, looks like I *finally* managed to deceive Sungura..! Shame we were both on the same team.

Now, I'd you to say hello to my little friend.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:10 pm UTC

I just have to say, great job SirG, for a moment I thought you could make it!

Well done town in defeating all the scum factions, I can only feel like the outcome of the game was decided by what alignments certain players got.

I'm glad that an alien killing me. They claimed I was killed because I was scummy, but it looks like I was more of a threat, which is better.

Thanks for the game Misnormer!

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:19 pm UTC

Bah, so near yet so far. Well played town and DJ. SirG and I thought we had it sewn up at the end of D4. We thought we knew who the last alien was (ConMan) thanks to my results. The pushing of Yoloswag to lynch was more because we needed to get rid of the kills. Had ConMan killed one of the town N4, we'd have lynched him D5, killed Suzaku N5 and won.

Anyway, thank you for running the game Misnomer. It was great fun!
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:35 pm UTC

You decieved me but i still called your alignment correctly.
Not sure i would gloat over killing a power town role being town.

Also. IT IS SO ON.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:58 pm UTC

Good game!

Return to “Mafia”