Smalltown Werewolf PYP - F is for Finished!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Misnomer

Smalltown Werewolf PYP - F is for Finished!

Postby Misnomer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:45 pm UTC

EXCLUSIVE: Werewolf spotted in Smalltown woods!

The supernatural menace has spread to the Smalltown prefecture, the Xkcdia Gazette can exclusively reveal. After months of rumours and official denials, our intrepid reporters have obtained conclusive, albeit blurry, photographic evidence of the lupine abominations. Could this revelation spark a werewolf backlash, now that their cover has been blown? Turn to page 5 for the exclusive full story and pictures, plus our editorial on why this looming catastrophe can be entirely blamed on the government's tax policies...

With a sigh, the Mayor tossed aside the newspaper and poured herself a large whisky. 'What utter rubbish they print!' she thought to herself, draining her glass. 'I dread to think what effect this will have on our tourist trade...'

It wasn't, of course, any disbelief in the supernatural that caused the Mayor to doubt the Gazette's report. Everyone these days knew that werewolves were real (cults, on the other hand, remained controversial). No, the reason she could not believe the rumours was simply because it was impossible to imagine such a thing happening in Smalltown. In a big city, maybe, it was conceivable that werewolves could go unrecognised about their daily business, but in Smalltown everybody knew everybody else. There's no way the werewolves could hide themselves!

'No', said the Mayor to herself, looking out at the woods from her office window as she poured herself another drink, 'We'd know if there were werewolves here. The reporter probably just saw an ordinary wolf, or a bear, or a particularly hairy hiker, or indeed a-'

Suddenly a terrifying howl ripped through the night-time air, echoing all over the sleepy streets of Smalltown. Jumping with fright, the Mayor let out a little cry of fear before quickly downing her drink.

'It was just the wind', she whispered, as she shakily poured herself yet another whisky. 'It was only the wind...'

Smalltown Werewolf PYP

Bookmarks
Day 1: A is for Anarchy
Day 2: B is for Blood
Day 3: C is for Carnage
Day 4: D is for Death (duh)
Day 5: E is for Elimination

Signup Info
Spoiler:
Welcome to Smalltown! In this game, every player's role is made public knowledge from the very start - although naturally, alignments will be kept secret. See my previous Smalltown game for an example of how the setup works in practice. NB: unlike my previous game, I will not give exact numbers for the membership of each faction, but instead simply indicate possible numbers/ranges i.e. (0 or 2 masons).

Like my previous game, this a PYP - when you sign up, pick a letter from A-Z which nobody else has picked yet. Then come up with a name (for flavour purposes only) and a rolename beginning with the letter you chose. For example: Terry the Teacher or Katie the Karate Master. I will then devise a role to fit the name (for example, Terry the Teacher might have the power to upgrade other player's roles, or Katie the Karate Master might be able to successfully fight off werewolf kill attempts). Please note, the role you submit will have no impact on your alignment, which will be determined randomly. Additionally, you may not submit any role name used in the previous game. I will accept standard rolenames such as Doctor/Cop etc. but I won't guarantee to give you the roles normally associated with them.

The game will be nightless with fairly standard day lengths, getting shorter as the number of players reduces. The upper limit on signups is theoretically 26(!) but as long as a I get a fair amount of interest I'll run with what I get. I expect to start the game in about a week's time.

Please sign up directly in this thread, stating your role name at the time of signing up (replacements don't need to provide a rolename).

Rules
Read 'em carefully, they're good for you. :wink:

Standard Rules:

1. Do not talk about the game outside this thread.
2. DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE THIS THREAD.
3. Please stay on topic.
4. Don't lurk through the whole game; if you need to drop out, TELL ME. Really bad lurkers risk MODKILL
5. If you aren't part of the game, please post in a separate, forbidden to players, thread for outside analysis.
6. Once I say that the day has ended, do not post in the thread
7. If you die, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information.
8. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM or any other messages sent to you by the mods. Paraphrasing is fine.
9. You may not edit your posts. This is to preempt the possibility of cheating by sending messages to other people and then editing them out.

Specific Game Rules:
1. I may set a deadline for the day, indicating when I am likely to call night. Until I actually call night, however, you are free to keep posting.
2. If at any point a player receives a majority of votes (as stated in the mod votals), then the day ends, even if I haven't posted yet. You must not post after a majority is reached.
3. All votes should be made by posting on a new line, IN BOLD. For example,
VOTE: Misnomer
4. You must post an Unvote before you can make a new vote. For example,
UNVOTE
VOTE: Remonsim

5. If you have questions, either post them IN BOLD in this thread, or PM me.
6. You may only communicate with other players by PM if I have specifically said you can do so. You must CC me in all PMs.
7. Due to the likelihood of long chat communications, please make clear any PMs containing actions by indicating as such in the message title.
8. This game is nightless - see details below.
9. Players cannot target themselves.
10. At the start of each day phase I will reveal the alignments & related details of all players killed since the start of the previous day phase.
11. A tied vote at day end will result in No Lynch.
12. I will not be posting night action resolution orders, so don't pester me for details.
13. Due to the very large nature of the game, it will likely need a few replacements. Therefore, if you are a dead player with no private knowledge at the time of your death, you are encouraged to put yourself forward as a replacement. If you are interested in this, you must NOT read spoilers.

Other game notes/clarifications (will be added to as game develops):
1. Traitors count as third party roles.
2. If Town is eliminated, but the game is not yet resolved, any living Traitors may continue playing for a bonus win as survivors.
3. Several roles may change abilities, however no role in this game will change any alignments.
4. Passive abilities e.g. how a player appears to investigations cannot be roleblocked.
5. Karl's karate chop power can override Bunny's ability.
6. It is technically possible for alien mind control to direct the werewolf kill but rather unlikely, as the mind controlled werewolf would have to be selected to carry out the kill.
7. Tenure Committee approval requires a majority vote. Tied votes result in rejection.
8. Alien invasion instantly ends the game.
9. Father Patrick is not directly affected by any night actions he may be targeted with, except for those which would directly cause his death.
10. If alien mind control insists on a voteless player voting, then the mind control action will be judged to have issued impossible instructions, reverting to 'no vote' which would automatically be fulfilled, making the target free to defy the alien night action instructions.
11. A single vote at any point during the day is enough to rob Oscar of his ability.
12. Lone wolves have separate kills from the main werewolf kill.
13. Lovers and Masons appear as Town to investigation.
14. Successful investigative actions will make it clear if a redirection took place during the results PM (so a hypothetical standard cop, for example, would know that they had investigated Nobody rather than their chosen target). Otherwise there will be no direct notification for players that their actions were redirected.

Nightless Setup
This game is nightless - if a player or faction has any night actions, these must be submitted before the end of the day phase. All night actions are then processed as quickly as possible, and the next day begins straight away. If a player fails to send in an action, they will not carry out any action that night (unless that day was exceptionally short - i.e. a majority lynch was reached within 24 hours, in which case a brief period of grace might be allowed in which actions can be sent in). Players are therefore encouraged to send in provisional actions early on during the day phase - I have no problem with players changing their minds before the day ends, as long as they don't drown me in PMs.

I will allow players to send in back-up actions should events such as the lynch make their original action impossible. For example, a killing role might send in the action:
Kill: X
Back-up Kill: Y

If X is lynched or otherwise killed at the end of the day, I will treat the Mafia as having decided to kill Y that night instead. Note I will only allow players to submit one action and one back-up action at a time - if both actions are rendered impossible, then no action takes place.

Player Roles

Spoiler:
Albert the Archaeologist (moody7277) - DEAD
Albert the Archaeologist is a brilliant investigator. The problem is, he can only investigate dead things. Each day, Albert sends in the name of a dead player and specifies a night on which that player was alive. The next day, Albert will receive a watcher/tracker result on that player for the specified night.

Bunny the Bumblebee Bat (sungura) - DEAD
Teeny-tiny and adorable, Bunny the Bumblebee Bat is the littlest resident of Smalltown. Her small size makes her adept at hiding from people. Each day, Bunny may message the mod with the instruction ‘Hide’. That night, any actions targeting Bunny will automatically fail, as players will be unable to successfully locate her. Too much hiding disrupts Bunny’s feeding cycle however – she therefore cannot hide two nights in a row.

Calvin the Crotchety Old Man (crucialityfactor) - DEAD
Calvin the Crotchety Old Man is irritable for a reason. Those blasted young people keep waking him from his naps with their excessive chitter-chatter! It’s becoming a right pain, and he’s determined to find out who keeps disturbing his rest. Each day, he can choose somebody to ‘listen out for’ during the following night phase. At the start of the next day, Calvin will be informed whether or not his target has access to a chat ability. Players whose chat ability has become useless due to everyone they can chat with being dead will not be detected.

Darryl the Drug-taking Dog (Dr Ug) - DEAD
Every Smalltown worth its salt has a talking dog running around! And Darryl really knows how to help! With his advance sense of smell Darryl can quickly sniff out any wrongdoers in the place – ahead of each night, Darryl can investigate three different players, with the Mod PMing him the alignments of his targets at the start of the next day. However, there’s a snag: years of drug abuse have utterly wrecked Darryl’s perception of reality. Instead of receiving normal alignment names, Darryl will receive a random word instead: e.g. Town might appear as Octopus, and Werewolf as Post-Colonial. The words attached to each alignment will be re-randomised each night.

Elmo the Exquisite Eagle (dimochka) - DEAD
Scraw! Elmo the Exquisite Eagle always has a keen eye for potential prey – and for potential wrongdoers as well. If at the end of each day, the player Elmo is voting for doesn’t get lynched, then Elmo gets an automatic super-tracking ability on that player during the subsequent night phase, being told who they targeted (if anyone) and the type of action used on the target (if applicable). If the player Elmo is voting for does get lynched, or if Elmo is not voting for anybody at the end of the day, then no action takes place.

Father Patrick the Franciscan Priest (SirGabriel)
Franciscan Priests are well known for their ascetic life styles, and Father Patrick is no exception. Having sworn off worldly cares, nothing matters for Father Patrick apart from living a holy life, and dying a death that will lead to life eternal. As such, Father Patrick is unaffected by all abilities, whether active or passive, except kill actions. Father Patrick is not directly affected by any night actions he may be targeted with, except for those which would directly cause his death.

Gary the Grieving Widow (Sabrar) - DEAD
Gary’s a pretty smart guy – normally he can pick up just about any ability, as long as he has someone to copy from. But right now, poor thing, he’s stricken with grief. As a Grieving Widow, Gary has no abilities until the start of Day 4, at which point he will cease his mourning. After Day 4, Gary may select any player still living, by publicly posting Copy: [player] in the main message thread. From that point onwards through to the rest of the game, Gary will have the role ability of the selected player.

Heather the Hospital Administrator (Van) - DEAD
Busy busy busy… as a Hospital Administrator, Heather always finds herself overworked, not least because Smalltown doesn’t have any actual medical staff. Undeterred by this, Heather has taken to simply bullying her neighbours into becoming medical professionals. Each day, Heather can pick a player to retrain as either a Doctor or a Nurse during the night. If successful, at the start of the next day it will be announced that the target no longer has their normal role abilities, and that they are a now a Doctor or a Nurse (factional abilities are unaffected). Doctors pick a player each day to protect during the night. Nurses have no initial abilities, but if a single Doctor dies then any Nurses currently in play are upgraded to Doctors. If Heather dies, everybody immediately gets their starting roles back.

Iggy the Irrelevant Idiot (Snark) - DEAD
Iggy is irrelevant, and as such is voteless. Being an idiot, Iggy doesn’t realise this is a bad thing, and tries to give this ability to other players. Each day, Iggy can send the moderator the name of a player to make irrelevant that night. If successful, the next day Iggy will have a normal vote, and the target will be publically stated as irrelevant, having no vote for the remainder of the day. The majority threshold will be adjusted each day to account for Iggy or any successful target of his.

Jimmy the Janitor (jimbobmadcoodle) - DEAD
Lynch mob meetings are messy occasions – and Jimmy the Janitor is always the one who has to tidy up after. The litter people leave behind can reveal certain clues however. After each lynch, Jimmy is told how many anti-town players were voting for the successful lynch candidate at the end of the day (or no lynch if applicable). In the event of a tie, Jimmy is told how many anti-town players were in all the tied lynch votes combined.

Karl the Karateka (Znirk)
Hi-ya! Karl the Karateka is a keen practitioner of karate. Each day, he may send in the name of another player to perform a karate chop on that night. If successful, the target will be sufficiently weakened that they will lose all protections they might otherwise have from player actions for the remainder of the night.

Luna the Lycanthrope (patzer) - DEAD
Luna is not a werewolf. She’s a Lycanthrope. There’s an important difference, and she gets very offended if you claim otherwise. As a peaceful, violence-abhorring wer-*ahem* Lycanthrope, Luna has very keen senses. Each day, she may select a player to track during the night. At the start of the next day, she will be informed who, if anybody, that player targeted. Due to being a wer-sorry, Lycanthrope, Luna’s alignment will appear as ‘Werewolf’ (or Darryl equivalent) to any investigations.

Marco the Meticulous US Marine (#HBC | YOLOSWAG) - DEAD
Marco the Meticulous US Marine is an all-round hero. Brave and determined, each day he can choose to either protect, roleblock or kill a player of his choice during the night. There’s a snag however – Marco is so meticulous he has to spend all day planning his chosen action, without getting distracted by anything else. If Marco votes just once during the day phase therefore he cannot carry out an action that night, even if he subsequently unvotes.

Nobody the Nameless (Faubiguy zombie!Dimochka) - DEAD
Nobody the Nameless is not so much a person an absence of one – an empty space somehow radiating substance, a void seemingly filled by an unseen presence. Nobody’s presence has a strange effect on the world around them, seemingly distorting reality itself – or possibly just the perception of it? In any case, each day Nobody may choose a player to target that night. If successful, that player’s targeted action(s) for that night, if there is one, will be redirected on to Nobody.

Oscar the Original GangsterTM (roadierich)
There are many imitations, but Oscar is the Original GangsterTM. An experienced killer, Oscar can target a player during the day to kill during the subsequent night. There’s a catch, however – as the Original Gangster, Oscar has a certain image to maintain. If therefore any player casts aspersions on his reputation by voting for him during the day, he will be too busy repairing his public image to kill anyone during the following night.

Perry the Perfectly Ordinary Fellow (ConMan)
To all appearances, Perry might look like a Perfectly Ordinary Fellow, residing in a perfectly ordinary house on a perfectly ordinary street and living a perfectly ordinary life. Except… he has a mysterious double life! At the start of the game, Perry will receive a role PM detailing a secret role, unknown to all other players. Perry is forbidden from discussing his secret role if anybody – if Perry does this then he will die immediately after the next lynch.

Quenton the Quality Assurance Lab Worker (mpolo) - DEAD
As a Quality Assurance Lab Worker, Quenton is good at spotting what goes wrong. At the start of each day therefore, Quenton receives a report from the moderator informing him of exactly what actions were unsuccessful during the previous night e.g. (a kill attempt on [x] failed).

Remus the Ranger
(Djehutynakht) - DEAD
Remus the Ranger knows how dangerous the woods can be, having had to rescue lost campers and tourists over the years. When will people ever learn that heading out at night is dangerous? It’s no wonder he has to go around blocking people’s actions all the time. From Day 2 onwards, Remus may target one or several players to be roleblocked the following night. The number of players Remus can target on any given day is determined by the number of players who died during the previous night – i.e. if two players were nightkilled, Remus will have two roleblocks that can be used.

Suzaku the Samurai (Suzaku)
As a Samurai, Suzaku is naturally a deadly warrior. During each day, Suzaku can select a player to kill during the following night. However, Samurai aren’t mindless thugs: they also have a code of honour. Suzaku can therefore only target a player for a kill if said player has voted for him previously at some point during the game.

Thomas the Tenure-Track Professor (frogman Echo244) - DEAD
Academic freedom? Ha, that’s a good one! As an early career academic, poor Thomas is entirely at the mercy of his tenure committee. At the start of the game, 6 players will be randomly selected as Thomas’ tenure committee – the committee members will be unknown to Thomas and to each other (though membership will be revealed on death). Once per day, Thomas can propose in-thread a player to research that night e.g. ’Research Proposal: investigate Misnomer.’ Once Thomas has proposed an investigation, committee members can PM the mod with ’Approve’ or ’Reject’ before day end. If no instruction is sent in, then it counts as an automatic vote for ’Reject’. A full breakdown of the committee vote will be posted at the end of each day (processed before the lynch). If approved, Thomas will receive a PM stating the alignment of the player targeted at the start of the next day. If rejected, no action takes place. If the entire committee dies then Thomas is granted tenure, turning him into a standard cop.

Ulysses the Undersea Explorer (Opus_723) - DEAD
As an Undersea Explorer, Ulysses has never been one for spending much time on land. In fact, he’s already planning his next aquatic adventure! ONCE during the game, Ulysses may post in the game thread ‘DIVE DIVE DIVE!’ and immediately disappear underwater. This has the effect of temporarily removing him from the game until the start of the next day: all votes on him are removed, he cannot post for the remainder of the day, and he cannot be targeted or use any other action of his own that night. This ability cannot be used on Day 6 unless the alien faction has been eliminated.

Victor the Vegetarian Butcher (Lawrencelot) - DEAD
Victor the Vegetarian Butcher has never understood why people like to eat meat: with enough preparation, vegetarian substitutes can be made to taste just as nice. Each night, Victor can target another player. If that player is a werewolf (whether part of the werewolf faction or a lone wolf), Victor will provide them with a vegetarian meat substitute which makes them too full to go hunting, disabling their ability to carry out a werewolf kill on all subsequent nights until Victor dies.

Wolfgang the Welder (SDK Freezeblade) - DEAD
Wolfgang loves Welding things, even if other people are less keen. Each day, Wolfgang picks two other players to weld together during the night. If successful, at the start of the following day the two players will be announced as welded together. If a welded player is lynched, the player they’re welded to gets lynched as well! If the pair are not lynched, then the welding automatically wears off at the end of the day.

Xela the Xenomorph
(Diemo Madge) - DEAD
Xela is… quite frankly, terrifying. Nobody is quite sure whether she’s actually a Xenomorph or simply a sci-fi fan in a convincing costume, but everybody knows she’d be terrifying to face in combat. At the beginning of the game, she is still ‘growing’, having possibly burst out of somebody’s chest a short while previously – at the beginning of day 3 however, she will reach maturity and gain an unblockable kill power. Due to her costume, or possibly her species, Xela’s alignment will appear as ‘Alien’ (or Darryl equivalent) when investigated.

Y the Yearning Spy
(weiyaoli) - DEAD
Known only by their initial, Y is a top-secret agent. But secretly, Y the Yearning Spy just wants to be loved. During the first day, Y must send the mod a name of another player: from that point onwards they will develop a fatal one-way crush on that player, and if that player dies at any point then Y will also die of a broken heart. If a Lone Wolf, this aspect of Y’s role will not apply. Doomed romances aside, Y may target any player with an investigation role during the day to spy on that night. If successful, during the following night Y will be forwarded a copy of the target’s investigation results, if their ability was used.

Zenith the Zombie (Vytron) - DEAD
Braaaaiiiinnssss… Zenith the Zombie just simply loves brains! Not only are they a good source of protein, but you find out all sorts of secrets from their memories too. If during the game Zenith hammers another player during the lynch vote, he gets to eat their brains once they’re dead. After eating a victim’s brains, Zenith will be told every action they carried out in the game, plus the results of any investigations they carried out or any other mod notifications they received (e.g. mind control instructions).

Please note that alignments are fully randomised, so no role is more or less likely to be town etc.

Player Alignments

Spoiler:
The following alignments are in the game:

Town faction (and variations):

Townies (at least 6)
What’s that? Smalltown’s under attack from the supernatural? Looks like you’d better get lynching! You are a Townie, and win if at least one town player remains alive when all anti-town factions have been eliminated. Good luck!
Masons (2-3, if present)
What’s that? Smalltown’s under attack from the supernatural? Good thing you know who you can trust. You, along with the other recipient(s) of this message, are a Mason. You know each other to be town, and you may communicate with each other via PM. Please CC me into all messages. You are town, and win if at least one town player remains alive when all anti-town factions have been eliminated. Good luck!
Lovers (2, if present)
What’s that? Smalltown’s under attack from the supernatural? But you’ve only just found love! You and the other recipient of this message, are Lovers. You know each other to be town, which is good – BUT if one of you dies, the other will instantly also die of a broken heart. You do not have any chat abilities. You are town, and win if at least one town player remains alive when all anti-town factions have been eliminated. Good luck!

Anti-town factions:

Werewolves (at least 5)
Arooo! Along with the other recipients of this message, you’re a vicious, snarling Werewolf! In addition to your public abilities you may communicate with each other via PM, and one of you may carry out the Werewolf kill in addition to your normal ability. Control of the kill decision will be randomly distributed to one of you at the start of each day, although you are encouraged to come to an agreement on the decision collectively. Please CC me into all messages. You win when Smalltown is under your exclusive control, or when there is no way to prevent this from happening. Good luck!
Lone Wolf (0-2)
Grrrr… you are Lone Wolf, a hardened and bitter survivor in a cold and uncaring world. You have a werewolf kill ability, which you can use alongside your normal ability. Additionally, you yourself are immune to all werewolf kills. There may be another Lone Wolf in the game, but you don’t know who they are and you don’t care. You win when every other player is dead. Good luck!
Aliens (2-4)
Blast, these puny earthlings have disrupted your carefully laid plans for invasion. That’s right, along with the other recipients of this message, are an Alien! In addition to your public abilities you may communicate with each other via PM, and each of you may carry out the Alien mind control. Mind control consists of imposing a voting requirement and a single action requirement on a target player for the following day (so instructions issued in D1 are delivered to the player at the start of D2). The target will be able to resist one requirement, but not both: if they are not voting as instructed by the end of the day, they will automatically carry out the night action. Note that the night action must be something they are capable of doing, or the mind control will default to ‘do nothing’, which can also be directly instructed. Aliens using mind control must target different players from each other. If the mind controlling alien is killed, then the mind control on their target is instantly cancelled. The alien invasion is scheduled for the end of day 6 – if after the lynch on that day, there is still one alien player left, then the invasion will instantly take place and you’ll win! Good luck!

Third Party Factions:

Druids (2, if present)
The awakening cannot be put off. The ritual must take place. Yes, along with the other recipient of this message, you are a Druid! In addition to your public abilities you may communicate with each other via PM. You win if you are either both lynched, or you both die by any means other than the lynch. Good luck!
Hesitant Jester (0-2)
You’ve always had a strange urge to be lynched by your neighbours… or at least, you think you’ve always had? Perhaps you should sleep on it a day? You are a Hesitant Jester! There may be another Hesitant Jester in the game, but you don’t know who they are and you don’t care. You win if you are lynched on Day 2 or later – you lose if you exit the game by any other means. Good luck!
Sibling Survivors (2-3, if present)
Deep down, family is what really matters. As long as one of you makes it out of this madness alive, you’ll consider that a win. You and the other recipient(s) of this message are Sibling Survivors! You do not have any chat abilities. You win if at least one of you is alive at the end of the game. Good luck!
Traitor (at least 1)
You’ve always hated Smalltown – so much that you’ve decided to help the enemy! That’s right, you’re a Traitor! There may be other traitors in this game, but if so you don’t know who they are. You win if the Town faction loses. Good luck!

Players

Players (living):
1. Suzaku as Suzaku the Samurai
3. SirGabriel as Father Patrick the Franciscan Priest
10. ConMan as Perry the Perfectly Ordinary Fellow
20. RoadieRich as Oscar the Original GangsterTM
26. Znirk as Karl the Karateka

Players (dead):
24. Opus_723 as Ulysses the Undersea Explorer - lynched D1, Werewolf
25. weiyaoli as 'Y' the Yearning Spy - killed N1, Mason
13. Vytron as Zenith the Zombie - killed N1, Werewolf
19. Dimochka as Elmo the Exquisite Eagle - killed N1, Townie
4. SDK Freezeblade as Wolfgang the Welder - lynched D2, Alien
8. moody7277 as Albert the Archaeologist - killed N2, Townie
9. crucialityfactor as Calvin the Crotchety Old Man - killed N2, Werewolf
15. patzer as Luna the Lycanthrope - killed N2, Lover
17. Sabrar as Gary the Grieving Widow - died N2, Lover
18. Sungura as Bunny the Bumblebee Bat - killed N2, Mason
23. Faubiguy zombie!Dimochka as Nobody the Nameless - killed N2, Alien
14. Djehutynakht as Remus the Ranger - lynched D3, Hesitant Jester
7. mpolo as Quenton the Quality Assurance Lab Worker - killed N3, Townie
12. Dr Ug as Darryl the Drug-taking Dog - killed N3, Townie
2. Lawrencelot as Victor the Vegetarian Butcher- killed N3, Mason
11. frogman Echo244 as Thomas the Tenure-Track Professor - killed N3, Werewolf
22. Snark as Iggy the Irrelevant Idiot - killed N3, Lone Wolf
6. YOLOSWAG as Marco the Meticulous US Marine - lynched D4, Alien
5. Diemo Madge as Xela the Xenomorph - killed N4, Townie
16. van as Heather the Hospital Administrator - killed N4, Traitor
21. jimbobmacdoodle as Jimmy the Janitor - killed N4, Werewolf

Replacements:
1. Freezeblade - replaced SDK 18/11/2015
2. Madge - replaced Diemo 30/11/2015
3. Echo244 - replaced frogman 25/11/2015
4. zombie!Dimochka - replaced faubiguy 30/11/2015
5. Bessie
6. zombie!Sabrar
Last edited by Misnomer on Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:12 pm UTC, edited 30 times in total.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Suzaku

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - *SIGNUPS IN THREAD*

Postby Suzaku » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:53 pm UTC

Players:

Replacements:
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:55 pm UTC

Players:
2. Lawrencelot as Victor the Vegetarian Butcher

Replacements:

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:11 pm UTC

Signups

Players:
1. SirGabriel - Q - Father Patrick the Franciscan Priest

Replacements:

SDK

Postby SDK » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:32 pm UTC

Oh man! I promised myself I wouldn't play three games again, but I just read through the last Smalltown game yesterday! It was such a good game. I don't think I can miss this.

Players:
3. SirGabriel - Q - Father Patrick the Franciscan Priest
4. SDK as Wolfgang the Welder

Replacements:
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:04 pm UTC

This looks cool. Can't wait to play another game here!

Players:
5. YOLOSWAG as Marco the Meticulous US Marine

Replacements:

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:05 pm UTC

I don't have internet in my house, but should be in work enough to play a single game.
Players:
5. Diemo as Xela the Xenomorph
6. YOLOSWAG as Marco the Meticulous US Marine

Replacements:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

SDK

Postby SDK » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:09 pm UTC

Hey YOLOSWAG. Welcome back.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:57 pm UTC

Apparently I misunderstood the "pick a letter" part.

Players:

Replacements:

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:55 pm UTC

Players:

Replacements:
1. Freezeblade (I'll move up if I die in another game, I think I can only keep 1 going currently)
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:55 pm UTC

Players:
7. mpolo as Quenton the Quality Assurance Lab Worker

Replacements:
1. Freezeblade (I'll move up if I die in another game, I think I can only keep 1 going currently)
Image <-- Evil experiment

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:48 pm UTC

Players:
8. moody7277 as Albert the Archaeologist

Replacements:
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:23 pm UTC

Players:
9. crucialityfactor as Calvin the Crotchety Old Man

Replacements:

Back in my day we didn't allow the "W" word round these parts...

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:13 pm UTC

Players:

Replacements:
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

frogman

Postby frogman » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:47 pm UTC

Players:
11. frogman as Thomas the Tenure-Track Professor

Replacements:
yeah yeah yeah

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:52 pm UTC

Players:
13. Vytron as Zenith the Zombie

Replacements:

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:55 pm UTC

Players:
11. Dr Ug as Darryl the Drug taking Dog

Replacements:
Where did my old signature go? :(

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:32 pm UTC

Since Vytron accidentally dropped frogman ...

Players:
12. Dr Ug as Darryl the Drug taking Dog

Replacements:
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:22 am UTC

Since Vytron accidentally dropped frogman ...

Players:

Replacements:
2. Madge (I'll be able to replace from about the 30th of November; really very sad I won't be able to sign up as I had SUCH a great time last time!)
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:13 am UTC

Players:
14. Djehutynakht as Remus the Ranger

Letters Available: B, E, G, H, I, J, K, L, N, O, U, Y

Replacements:
2. Madge (I'll be able to replace from about the 30th of November; really very sad I won't be able to sign up as I had SUCH a great time last time!)[/quote]

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:12 pm UTC

Madge wrote:...really very sad I won't be able to sign up as I had SUCH a great time last time!

*high five*

patzer

Postby patzer » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:25 pm UTC

Players:
15. patzer as Luna the Lycanthrope

Letters Available: B, E, G, H, I, J, K, N, O, U, Y

Replacements:
2. Madge (I'll be able to replace from about the 30th of November; really very sad I won't be able to sign up as I had SUCH a great time last time!)

Hopefully we'll be able to get up to 26 players :)
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:44 pm UTC

SDK wrote:
Madge wrote:...really very sad I won't be able to sign up as I had SUCH a great time last time!

*high five*

Just opened the thread again to reread... That ending, man! I forgot about the details, just remembered that it was fun in general.

Small-town Pyp v1 spoiler
Spoiler:
I was refreshing like mad when I was waiting for you three to pile on the vote at the agreed time. That was a tense evening!
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:46 pm UTC

It was a great game (though I might remember it differently if I'd been town :P ). Our daychat was the best.

Van

Postby Van » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:03 pm UTC

Players:
16. van as Heather the Hospital Administrator

Letters Available: B, E, G, I, J, K, N, O, U, Y

Replacements:

I may end up regretting this, but I really want to play a PYP :shock:
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:10 pm UTC

Players:
17. Sabrar as Gary the Grieving Widow

Letters Available: B, E, I, J, K, N, O, U, Y

Replacements:

Newbie here, sounds like wonderful fun.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:29 pm UTC

Players:
18. Sungura as Bunny the Bumblebee Bat

Letters Available: E, I, J, K, N, O, U, Y

Replacements:
2. Madge (I'll be able to replace from about the 30th of November; really very sad I won't be able to sign up as I had SUCH a great time last time)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/her/they/snug/gender neutral

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:08 pm UTC

Players:
18. Sungura as Bunny the Bumblebee Bat
19. Dimochka as Elmo the Exquisite Eagle

Letters Available: I, J, K, N, O, U, Y

Replacements:
2. Madge (I'll be able to replace from about the 30th of November; really very sad I won't be able to sign up as I had SUCH a great time last time)
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:15 pm UTC

Good, good. Quite a party in here, isn't it.

Players, in alphabetical order:

Albert the Archaeologist (moody7277)
Bunny the Bumblebee Bat (Sungura)
Calvin the Crotchety Old Man (crucialityfactor)
Darryl the Drug-taking Dog (Dr Ug)
Elmo the Exquisite Eagle (dimochka)
Gary the Grieving Widow (Sabrar)
Heather the Hospital Administrator (Van)
I
J
K
Luna the Lycanthrope (patzer)
Marco the Meticulous US Marine (YOLOSWAG)
N
O
Quenton the Quality Assurance Lab Worker (mpolo)
Remus the Ranger (Djehutynakht)
Thomas the Tenure-Track Professor (frogman)
U
Victor the Vegetarian Butcher (Lawrencelot)
Wolfgang the Welder (SDK)
Xela the Xenomorph (Diemo)
Y
Zenith the Zombie (Vytron)

Let's hope we can fill those final 7 spots soon... I'm really looking forward to this game. :D
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:28 pm UTC

Big game. Welcome, sabrar. This game should be insane enough to get you hooked. :mrgreen:

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:38 pm UTC

Players, in alphabetical order:

I
J
K
N
Oscar the Original Ganster(TM) (RoadieRich)
U
Y
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:06 pm UTC

Players, in alphabetical order: (now with more replacements!)

I
J
K
N
U
Y

Replacements:
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:17 pm UTC

I
Jimmy the Janitor (jimbobmadcoodle)
K
N
U
Y

Replacements:
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Snark

Postby Snark » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:47 am UTC

Iggy the Irrelevant Idiot (Snark)
Jimmy the Janitor (jimbobmadcoodle)
K
N
U
Y

Replacements:
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:56 am UTC

SNARK???? Oh how I missed you.

Am I allowed to hope that someone has a catastrophic internet connection failure at the end of November so I get to replace in????

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:03 am UTC

Madge wrote:SNARK???? Oh how I missed you.

Am I allowed to hope that someone has a catastrophic internet connection failure at the end of November so I get to replace in????

Hey Snark! Been a while!

Also Madge, in a game of right now *calculates* 22 people, there's a good chance someone's gonna go inactive. If by the end of November specifically... no idea.

Snark

Postby Snark » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:18 am UTC

Hello friends. I've been reading old forum game threads and feeling nostalgic. Also Misnomer games are awesome.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:25 am UTC

Yeah, welcome back Snark. This place is beginning to get busy again.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:29 am UTC

Oh, hey Snark, my mafia role model! :mrgreen: Welcome back!

patzer

Postby patzer » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:05 am UTC

Djehutynakht wrote: in a game of right now *calculates* 22 people, there's a good chance someone's gonna go inactive.

still hoping we can get up to 26 players by the start date. Not looking promising though.

Oh, and welcome back Snark! I remember you from the old hexattack games. They were fun.

Return to “Mafia”