Smalltown Werewolf PYP - F is for Finished!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Lawrencelot

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Lawrencelot » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:42 pm UTC

If Djehutynakht's roleblocks are resolved last, and Madge's kill is resolved first, do the roleblocks still happen?

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:29 pm UTC

Quick post before I go out of internet access for the next 6+ hours.

Unvote
Vote: Djehutynakht

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:41 pm UTC

Quick lunch break post. General consensus seems to be swinging towards DJ. I'm happy with that vote, but don't see the need to switch votes, as he is now the lead wagon, assuming that Snark or DJ vote for him. I'll be online at deadline to break a tie if needed. This will probably be my only post before then though, as I am busy at work today. I don't want to vote for DJ, as that would allow Snark/DJ to hammer, and I don't see that being beneficial if we want to discuss things further.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:47 pm UTC

Quick hip-shot:

unvote

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:16 pm UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:If Djehutynakht's roleblocks are resolved last, and Madge's kill is resolved first, do the roleblocks still happen?

Opening Post wrote:12. I will not be posting night action resolution orders, so don't pester me for details.

Votals:

Djehutynakht (5): ConMan, Van, Dr Ug, Suzaku, SirGabriel
Snark (3): jimbobmacdoodle, Echo244, Lawrencelot
mpolo (1): Snark

Not voting (5): Djehutynakht, mpolo, YOLOSWAG, roadierich, znirk

Game Status:
Madge is currently voteless.
Znirk is currently a Nurse.
3 Tenure Committee members remain alive.
Echo244 has proposed investigating jimbobmacdoodle. Tenure committee members should send in their votes before day end.

14 voting players, so 8 votes required to majority lynch.

Soft deadline set for 8pm GMT, Wednesday 9 December 2015 - roughly 5 hours, 45 minutes from now.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:38 pm UTC

Sorry, no time for more than this before deadline.To explain my win ranking assumptions, from my face to face games I had 3rd party wins down as "harder", thus outranking town or scum wins. Since the local culture seems to rate all wins as obviously ex aequo, I'll shut up on this matter now.

As someone with no night action to lose, I will stay on no vote and let you guys figure things out with dj. see you in the morning, possibly.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:35 pm UTC

If the choice is between a jester that wants to cause annoyance, a survivor who is desperate and a townie (myself), I guess my choice is pretty clear.

If there were a good scummy target, that would be even better, of course. Have to run again. School trips are really hard...
Image <-- Evil experiment

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:41 pm UTC

Unvote
Vote: Dj

I'll vote with Lawrence except when he's voting for me, shoulda probably made that clear to begin with.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:47 pm UTC

Thank you all for your most generous cooperation.

I've voted on the affirmative for the Research Proposal on Jimbobmacdoodle.

I never submitted any sort of roleblocks; and, I must confess, never actually put any serious research into considering who I actually would have.

And now to conclude this.

Hammer.

Have a nice day.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:51 pm UTC

That's the hammer folks! Lynch and day end will take place shortly. Please do not post during this time.

D3 End Votals:

Djehutynakht (8): ConMan, Van, Dr Ug, Suzaku, SirGabriel, mpolo, Snark, Djehutynakht
Snark (3): jimbobmacdoodle, Echo244, Lawrencelot

Not voting (3): YOLOSWAG, roadierich, znirk

Laughing manically, Remus was led off to be lynched. Stopping at the foot of the scaffold, he turned and flashed a wicked grin at Thomas. 'I nearly forgot, Professor', he smirked as he drew an envelope from out of his jacket pocket, 'This for you...'

Thomas seized the letter from Remus and tore it open in a frenzied panic. It read as follows:
Tenure Committee wrote:Dear Professor,

We have been sent the details of your latest research proposal, and we feel that we must censure you for your failure to meet the requirements of the application process. As you are well aware, any proposal must be submitted both in hard copy and in email, the latter of which must confirm to the PDF-A standard and be digitally signed. Furthermore, a full risk assessment and open access compliance statement are absolutely essential requirements.

Nonetheless, it was felt that your proposal had merit. By 2 votes to 1 the committee has therefore voted to APPROVE your proposal.

Regards,
The Committee
'Yes!' screamed Thomas, 'Yes yes yes! They approved it! THEY APPROVED IT!!!'

But few were paying Thomas much attention. Remus' howls of laughter had reached fever pitch now that the rope was around his neck. 'This is brilliant!' he thought to himself, 'It couldn't have gone much better!' A Jesterrorist they called him - surely now, he would live on in infamy!

And quite possibly he would - but he would not, however, live on in reality. A quick shove, a sickening snap, and Remus was no more.

Djehutynakht (Remus the Ranger) has been lynched and is now dead.

Night actions will now be processed. Please be patient and continue not to post while this is going on.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Misnomer

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D4: D is for Death (duh)

Postby Misnomer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:59 pm UTC

MORE DEATHS FOLLOW NEGOTIATIONS WITH JESTERRORIST

The population of Smalltown fell again overnight, after the controversial decision to go along with Remus the Ranger's demand to be lynched failed to stop the tsunami of killings that have been sweeping across the city. Although there are early reports that there are werewolves among the new bodies, the threat is by no means believed to have subsided. To make matters worse, long-range satellites are said to be picking up unusual activity on the edge of the solar system. Will the aliens invade? Yes, says the Gazette, they almost certainly will if tax rates are not (continued pg. 11).

Unlike with the previous morning, the surviving citizens greeted the news of yet more deaths with a shrug. It was only to be expected, after all - and for many of them, the biggest shock was finding that they were still alive.

Dr Ug, mpolo, echo244, Snark and Lawrencelot were killed in the night.

In a break from tradition, the townsfolk decided to investigate their lynch target first for once. Not that it held any surprises: as expected, Remus was wearing a large jesters hat, and rigor mortis had contorted his face into a broad smile. It looked like somebody had achieved their win condition at least...

Djehutynakht (Remus the Ranger) was a Hesitant Jester (Third Party) & a member of Thomas' Tenure Committee, and has achieved a third-party win. Many congratulations Dj! The game continues.

Feeling slightly happy for Remus's victory, although aware that it might not have been the best course of action for their long-term survival, the citizens of Smalltown then went about inspecting the corpses of Quenton and Darryl, who were both obviously good guys. Victor, despite his masonic garb, had clearly also been acting in the interests of the town's human (and friendly non-human) inhabitants.

Mpolo (Quenton the Quality Assurance Lab Worker) and Dr Ug (Darryl the Drug-taking Dog) were both Townies (Town). Lawrencelot (Victor the Vegetarian Butcher) was a Mason (Town).

Another three town deaths... where did that leave their survival chances? Shuddering at the implications, the townsfolk distracted themselves by inspecting the corpse of their late academic friend Thomas, sadly never to achieve tenure. Although, they collectively thought, it would have been hard for him to have ever secured a permanent academic post with such a pointy nose and sharp teeth...

Echo244 (Thomas the Tenure-Track Professor) was a Werewolf (Anti-Town).

'Hey look!' shouted Karl, running over to the final corpse, 'Iggy was a werewolf too! Although something looks different about him...'

Indeed, although obviously a werewolf, something did indeed look different. His fur was more silvery, his claws were bigger - and his face much crueller, as if he had lived a life of isolation. Clearly, this was no ordinary werewolf.

Snark (Iggy the Irrelevant Idiot) was a Lone Wolf (Anti-Town).

'Well!, said Heather, clapping her hands together. 'It looks like we're making progress against the werewolf threat! A pity the aliens are still at large though. Although, I expect that given Marco, Oscar and Xela's powers, we'll be able to take care of them!'

'And Suzaku's too, surely?' queried Jimmy, puzzled by the omission.

'Ah yes,' said Heather, smirking, 'About that...'

Turning to look at Suzaku, the townsfolk saw that their one-proud Samurai was wearing nurse's scrubs, coloured a hideous shade of peach.

'It's not funny', Suzaku muttered, 'It's not funny at all...'

Suzaku has been turned into a nurse.

'Hey, now listen up everyone!' snapped Oscar, who unlike his neighbours was not busy laughing at Suzaku, 'This is no time for jokes! As Heather has kindly pointed out, there are still plenty of kills out there. We have to lynch carefully... otherwise who knows how soon the end may come?'

It is now Day 4. No deadline is currently set. Results of investigations and other mod notifications will be going out shortly.

Game Status:
Znirk and Suzaku are both currently nurses.
2 Tenure Committee members remain alive.

9 players remain, so 5 votes required to majority lynch.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:17 pm UTC

Bah. Go town!

SirGabriel

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D4: D is for Death

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:19 pm UTC

Well, that's unfortunate. I was hoping we would finish off the aliens tonight. We've now got at least one, possibly two aliens left alive, plus at least one werewolf, with no investigative roles left, except jimbob, who I believe is now confirmed anti-town after DJ flipped jester and Echo flipped werewolf. With Echo now confirmed scum, Suzaku is not confirmed town (although he's probably not alien), so it's probably a good thing he no longer has a kill, but still FoS Van for making him a nurse before Echo's flip.

Remaining alignments:
At least 2 townies
At least 1 werewolf
0 lone wolves (probably - so far the number of kills has been consistent with known vigs + 1 werewolf kill + 1 lone wolf kill)
1-2 aliens
0 druids (probably)
0 survivors (probably)
At least 1 traitor

Even though jimbob is confirmed scum, I don't think we should lynch him right away. Right now, the aliens are the biggest threat. Lynching jimbob is probably the best option, since he could be an alien or the last remaining werewolf, but let's try to get some discussion going so we can kill the aliens tonight.

I am not under mind control.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:23 pm UTC

Also, since Dr Ug flipped town, RoadieRich is now confirmed non-alien.

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:44 pm UTC

Not mind controlled.

SirGabriel wrote:0 lone wolves (probably - so far the number of kills has been consistent with known vigs + 1 werewolf kill + 1 lone wolf kill)

Lawrencelot had voted RR yesterday, so I count only 3 active kill roles (HBC, Suzaku, Madge). With 5 night kills, I think we still have a lone wolf. (That, or Conman's secret ability involves the occasional night-time murderin'.)

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:57 pm UTC

Znirk wrote:Not mind controlled.

SirGabriel wrote:0 lone wolves (probably - so far the number of kills has been consistent with known vigs + 1 werewolf kill + 1 lone wolf kill)

Lawrencelot had voted RR yesterday, so I count only 3 active kill roles (HBC, Suzaku, Madge). With 5 night kills, I think we still have a lone wolf. (That, or Conman's secret ability involves the occasional night-time murderin'.)

Snark was lone wolf, I'm guessing he got his kill off before he was nightkilled. And I'm likewise guessing Suzaku got his kill off before he was nursified. Once everyone still alive claims their night actions, we should have a better idea of what happened.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:58 pm UTC

Welp.

I am not under mind control.

I still think lynching Dje was for the best, given his threats.

Echo's reveal means that Suzaku is either Town or Wolf, since if they're not on the same team then lying about the investigation result would be a quick path to an early grave for Echo.

Snark's death is presumably Madge following through on her promise, which is fine, and has taken out a LW for us (although it's a pity we lose a kill who would be incentivised to find aliens).

I agree with SirG that jimbob is now confirmed scum, and RR is confirmed non-alien.

Perhaps most annoyingly, we now appear to have no trustworthy investigative roles left. We have 1 scummy investigator, 4 kills - of which 2 are probably not in the hands of aliens, and sundry protection and the like.

Znirk wrote:Lawrencelot had voted RR yesterday, so I count only 3 active kill roles (HBC, Suzaku, Madge). With 5 night kills, I think we still have a lone wolf. (That, or Conman's secret ability involves the occasional night-time murderin'.)

Well, I think it's likely one of the kills was a LW kill, but it might have been Snark's last gasp. We can't rule out there being a second LW though, it's definitely true.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:02 am UTC

Oh wait, since Suzaku's been nursified, that's one less kill too. Blech.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:09 am UTC

Just realized I missed the theoretical possibility of there being a second jester in the game.

I think it's a safe bet that lone wolves would not choose to withhold their kills, so I think we're safe in tentatively accepting the one lone wolf theory for now. Plus, in terms of balance, I think 2-3 aliens, 5-7 werewolves, 1 lone wolf, 1 jester, 0 druids, and 0 sibling survivors makes sense, and other than Yoloswag's scummy behavior, I haven't seen any evidence to rule out that theory (except that we know there were more than 2 aliens).

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:35 am UTC

Not mind controlled, though I'm a little bit worried that Misnomer hasn't finished sending out result/etc PMs

Could you confirm when you've sent out all the PMs to everyone who need them, please?

I'm happy to kill Jimbob tonight, that way we can get information from the lynch / wagons / etc rather than from "shut up and lynch".

Where's that list someone made of all the results we have? I tried searching for it in the thread but can't find it. It's going to help us get our stuff together.... particularly me in selecting my kill target.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:15 am UTC

A quick stocktake of what we have left:

Name - Role - Ability - Alignment
ConMan - Perry - None? - No info, but town of course
jimbob - Jimmy - Investigative - Almost certainly scum
Madge - Xela - Kill - No info
RoadieRich - Oscar - Kill - Not alien
SirGabriel - Father Patrick - Self-protection - No info
Suzaku - Suzaku - [Kill] - Probably not alien
Van - Heather - Special - No info
YOLOSWAG - Marco - Kill/block/protect - Not wolf or alien
Znirk - Karl - [Other] - No info

So. We need to take out aliens now. Anyone not listed as "not alien" on that list above is suspect, and yes I realise that includes me. The possibility of jimbob being alien is definitely one scenario to consider quite seriously. Otherwise, I have suspicions on Van - as pointed out, nursifying Suzaku was questionable before Echo's death, but now we have reason to believe he's not alien it really looks concerning. Van did nursify zombie!dimochka D2, which seems weird since it's nullifying a team-mate, but then the Nobody ability would be hard enough to use in the hands of an alien that I don't think it's too much of a stretch to consider it possible.

If we lynch Van, Suzaku and Znirk should get their abilities back. In which case, we will have a full complement of kills available to us (including the werewolf kill). And as far as I can tell, Madge's is the only kill that we reasonably suspect could have a chance of being in alien hands, so we only have a problem if most of those kills belong to the wolves. Which they might, although I believe they aren't. But they might, and my head hurts.

FoS jimbobmacdoodle
FoS Van

I'd probably be in favour of a Van lynch and Madge killing jimbob, with Suzaku, RR and YOLOSWAG taking out the targets of their choice (perhaps with some arrangement to make sure they don't target the same person). That will potentially leave four players in the game, at which point I think whoever's still alive deserves to win solely for surviving the carnage (I am half joking about that).
pollywog wrote:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:51 am UTC

Claimed action summary:

D1
Van turned Znirk into a nurse
Snark (lone wolf) removed SDK/freezeblade's (alien) vote
frogman/Echo (werewolf) investigated Suzaku and claims to have gotten town
CF (wolf) found Sabrar cannot chat
Aliens allegedly targeted CF to either vote patzer or not investigate D2
mpolo (town) claims no failed actions
YOLOSWAG killed Vytron (wolf)
patzer (town) claims Znirk targeted no-one
jimbob claims two scum out of {Sungura (town), Znirk, mpolo (town), Van, patzer (town), Dje (jester)}
Suzaku did not kill anyone
SDK/freezeblade (alien) didn't target anyone
faubi/z!dim (alien) didn't target anyone
Dr Ug (town) didn't investigate
*someone* killed dimochka and weiyaoli

D2
Snark (lone wolf) removed Diemo/Madge's vote
YOLOSWAG killed faubi/z!dim (alien)
jimbob claims three scum out of {Sungura (town), moody (town), Lawrencealot (town), Sabrar (town), frogman/Echo (wolf), mpolo (town), faubi/z!dim (alien), Van, Znirk, Dje (jester)}
Suzaku killed patzer (town)
Van made faubi/z!dim (alien) a nurse
mpolo (town) claims an alien targeted Sungura (town), Van targeted faubi/z!dim
Roadie killed Sungura (town)
Dr Ug investigated Diemo/Madge (reads as alien), Dje (jester), RR, got three separate results
*someone* killed moody (town) and CF (wolf)

D3
Van made Suzaku a nurse
Diemo/Madge killed Snark (lone wolf), I assume
*someone* killed Dr Ug (town), mpolo (town), Echo (wolf), Lawrence (town)

Did I miss anything?
pollywog wrote:

Van

Postby Van » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:50 am UTC

ConMan wrote:Otherwise, I have suspicions on Van - as pointed out, nursifying Suzaku was questionable before Echo's death, but now we have reason to believe he's not alien it really looks concerning. Van did nursify zombie!dimochka D2, which seems weird since it's nullifying a team-mate, but then the Nobody ability would be hard enough to use in the hands of an alien that I don't think it's too much of a stretch to consider it possible.
I roleblocked him. He killed an all-but-explicitly-stated lover (and took out two townies in the process) on N2. Is that not "concerning" with the gift of hindsight, much less with what we knew when he pulled the trigger?

Also, you don't see any value in scum redirecting investigations to themselves? Perhaps to confuse people and create wine by making people chase illusionary scum?
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:03 am UTC

Indulge me while I dive deep down a wine hole that scum is making us.

Now, if jimbob is scum, we can't trust his results 100% - but they're all we have to go on, and he's probably not going to claim anything too out of left field that could be easily disproven by lynches - I'd say he'd maybe massage the numbers up or down one, or leave them the same.

So, with that in mind, here's what we have:

D2: three scum out of {Sungura (town), moody (town), Lawrencealot (town), Sabrar (town), frogman/Echo (wolf), mpolo (town), faubi/z!dim (alien), Van, Znirk, Dje (jester)}
==> { Van, Znirk} contains one scum (or, assuming +/- 1, contains 0 or 2 scum - no info
D1: jimbob claims two scum out of {Sungura (town), Znirk, mpolo (town), Van, patzer (town), Dje (jester)}
==> { Znirk, Van } are both scum

(IIRC jester cops as non-scum to this, right?)

OK, those two directly contradict each other. Znirk and Van can't both be scum and only one of them is scum at the same time. (This still contradicts of Dje cops scum to this ability)

BTW My kill has been submitted for Jimbob with Van as the backup. I think Van or Znirk would make good lynches - if jimbob was being somewhat truthful in his results, and he might have been, because he wants to find aliens, one or both of them are probably scum.

vote: Znirk

Because why not put pressure on both sides?
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:04 am UTC

EBWOP of course that's assuming jim's a wolf not an alien - but if he's an alien chances are good he's the last one (i hope).

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:49 am UTC

My sleepy intuition has a thought, but I have a reason to want more people to report night actions/mind control before I talk about it.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:47 am UTC

Madge wrote:Could you confirm when you've sent out all the PMs to everyone who need them, please?
All notifications were sent out within minutes of day start.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:48 pm UTC

I'm not under mind control.

Where does the talk of jimbob being confirmed scum originate from? And if he's confirmed scum, why is Madge suggesting we lynch off his results?

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:24 pm UTC

I'm not under mind control.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Where does the talk of jimbob being confirmed scum originate from? And if he's confirmed scum, why is Madge suggesting we lynch off his results?

His reported results are inconsistent.

D1 he reported two scum in {Sungura (Town), znirk (living), mpolo (town), Van (living), patzer (town), Djehutynakht (3rd party)}. If he is telling the truth, that means both of {Van, Znirk} must be scum.
D2, he reported three scum in {Sungura (Town), moody (Town), Lawrencealot (Town), Sabrar (Town), frogman/Echo (scum), mpolo (Town), faubi/z!dim (scum), Van (living), Znirk (living), Dje (3rd Party)}, meaning only one of {Van, Znirk} can be scum.

So he lied about his results. Not entirely sure why he would want to. I'd probably go with him being a Jester rather than scum. Although it could just be that jesters are fresh in my mind after last night's lynch.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:11 pm UTC

Reason being because as scum in the last PYP, we knew who the SK was and that he was being honest with his night results - night results that would put the nail in our scumteam's coffin really quickly. So when the SK was NKd we immediately started leading town to discard the SK's results altogether, which was a very bad thing for town. It's taught me that sometimes you should be willing to wade through a bit of wine, just to see what shakes out.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:30 pm UTC

Van wrote:
ConMan wrote:Otherwise, I have suspicions on Van - as pointed out, nursifying Suzaku was questionable before Echo's death, but now we have reason to believe he's not alien it really looks concerning. Van did nursify zombie!dimochka D2, which seems weird since it's nullifying a team-mate, but then the Nobody ability would be hard enough to use in the hands of an alien that I don't think it's too much of a stretch to consider it possible.
I roleblocked him. He killed an all-but-explicitly-stated lover (and took out two townies in the process) on N2. Is that not "concerning" with the gift of hindsight, much less with what we knew when he pulled the trigger?

Also, you don't see any value in scum redirecting investigations to themselves? Perhaps to confuse people and create wine by making people chase illusionary scum?

Patzer was under a huge amount of suspicion D2. If I'd had a kill then she would probably have been my target. Sure it's easy now to look back and go "Of course, that was where she was trying to claim Lover", but frankly "I'm town and I can prove it if I need to" is one of the scummiest lines I know (and I should know, I'm pretty sure I've used it at least once myself as scum).

And yes, I do see the value in scum redirecting investigations. But there's also a risk that if faubi's target had a faction ability that he'd be taking that on too (at least, that's my reading of his ability). As town, that's kind of a double-edged sword that you might use to help discover wolves/lone wolves/aliens, and as a werewolf you could probably feel safe-ish in using it, but in a small, specialised scumteam like the aliens I don't know if you'd always want to pull that trigger. I don't know. Probably alien!Van would have better targets than faubi/zombie!dim to nursify, but I'm not ruling it out.

RoadieRich wrote:I'm not under mind control.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Where does the talk of jimbob being confirmed scum originate from? And if he's confirmed scum, why is Madge suggesting we lynch off his results?

His reported results are inconsistent.

D1 he reported two scum in {Sungura (Town), znirk (living), mpolo (town), Van (living), patzer (town), Djehutynakht (3rd party)}. If he is telling the truth, that means both of {Van, Znirk} must be scum.
D2, he reported three scum in {Sungura (Town), moody (Town), Lawrencealot (Town), Sabrar (Town), frogman/Echo (scum), mpolo (Town), faubi/z!dim (scum), Van (living), Znirk (living), Dje (3rd Party)}, meaning only one of {Van, Znirk} can be scum.

So he lied about his results. Not entirely sure why he would want to. I'd probably go with him being a Jester rather than scum. Although it could just be that jesters are fresh in my mind after last night's lynch.

I don't know. At the time, it didn't look like we were going to see people die so quickly, and it would place a lot of suspicion on a lot of targets. I could see it being used as a more subtle Jester tactic, so I'm not going to discount the possibility. I'm wary about Madge's idea of lynching off his results, since we know at least one of them is a lie but we don't know which.
pollywog wrote:

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:50 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:I'm not under mind control.

That's the one I was waiting for.

What I was thinking is: Lots of kills is bad news for the aliens. One, because they want a crowd to hide in, and two, at the rate we're killing each other off we're not going to even reach day 6.

Now the interesting thing, and I'm kicking myself for not seeing this sooner, is that the aliens had a simple way to reduce the number of kills from day 2 on: mind-control HBC to either vote for Roadierich (which would roleblock them both for the following night), or kill him (or maybe someone else whom town believes to be useful). One mind control action used, and either two kills are blocked, or one killer is dead and another has a lot of explaining to do.

That has not happened. Why not? I admit it took me a long time to catch on to this way of using the mind-control as a kill-block, but aliens would (or at least: should) have been thinking about numbers and the likelihood of the game making it into day six, as well as the different possible ways to exploit their faction power, from the get-go. It then seems plausible that at least one out of HBC and RR is alien himself, and the aliens want to use that kill for their own purposes.

Of course there's a massive hole in this hypothesis: we know for certain (since Dr Ug, who reported this result, has been kill-confirmed to be town) that roadierich is not alien; and HBC killed the alien zombie-dimochka during Night 2. We can at least be pretty sure that he did, because HBC was first to claim his night action in the morning. Claiming someone else's kill for himself would have been insanely risky at that point.

So ... what's with that, you think? Is there a problem I'm missing with that hypothetical mind control plan, and what I'm saying is actually nonsense? Or did the aliens choose to sacrifice Dimochka, the better to camouflage their buddy HBC?

In other news: ---> MADGE voting for me. I'm afraid I've lost track of why you find me scummy. Anything in particular you want me to discuss/respond to, or do you just put too much store by jimbob's "results"?

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:20 am UTC

One vote because I want to get the conversation out there, it's not a wagon.

I think one of znirk and van is almost certainly scum, and if we had more than 50% scum concentration we'd be dead already, so that pair is as good a place to lynch as any. Yeah yeah yeah, putting too much stock in scum results, etc, but like I said, scum has some incentive to make the results somewhat decent. If jimbob was confirmed town, but his ability was 70% sane (so coinflip or whatever), we'd still look at the results even though we can't lynch blindly from them. That's the sort of attitude I'm trying to go with for this one, hope that makes sense.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:21 am UTC

Oh, and I just realised the other gaping hole in the logic of "Wouldn't it be helpful to redirect an investigative ability?" - the redirection ability is openly known, even if its target isn't. So as soon as someone copped an alien, and then their target is lynched and turns out to be not-alien, guess who's immediately suspect? No, I think that the Nobody ability, on the alien team, would be extremely hard to use safely.

I've also realised that there's one possible case where we might still have a Lone Wolf out there, and I think it's time for another mod clarification.

If Lawrencealot successfully targeted either a Lone Wolf or the Werewolf designated to hand out the kill, would that count as as failed action for mpolo's ability?

I figure we'd better eliminate that possibility, since Lawrencealot never actually announced who he targeted, so it's possible he shut Snark or some other werewolf out of the killing market two nights in a row, and if that's the case then there's another kill we have to worry about.

Speaking of kills, I notice YOLOSWAG hasn't claimed any of last night's corpses, and Suzaku hasn't posted yet. I am definitely interested in hearing from both of them.
pollywog wrote:

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:00 pm UTC

ConMan wrote:If Lawrencealot successfully targeted either a Lone Wolf or the Werewolf designated to hand out the kill, would that count as as failed action for mpolo's ability?
No, Victor's ability only disabled wolf kills for all subsequent nights.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:20 pm UTC

Greetings my fellow residents of Smalltown. I wish to introduce myself as Ambassador Jimmy of the Honourable Society of Werewolves of Smalltown. I come bearing an offer for your consideration, an offer of a truce of sorts.

As is clear from my introduction, I am a werewolf. Not one of those feral lone wolves, I am a member of a team. I am not the only werewolf remaining.

As is clear already, I lied about my night results. However, I have got useful information, namely that my real results tell me sufficient information to deal with our mutual enemies, the aliens. I am willing to share this information with town, but only tomorrow, if I wake up in the morning. So that you are aware, we will also not be killing based on this information tonight, so it is in town's interest to ensure that I am alive tomorrow, so that we all have the best chance of killing off the remaining alien(s).

So, what do you say?
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:45 am UTC

I'm against it. Unless I'm mistaken the most you can do is tell us who of znitk and van are scum, plus whatever you find tonight, and aliens will vote defensively now you're out.

Plus you could be an alien yourself.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:36 am UTC

jimbob

You will be lynched today. No townie with a brain will allow a claimed werewolf survive a day longer.

Why don't you claim your honest results? Werewolves' play has been weak enough that he will likely be found tomorrow, why not give enough information that will help identify the last alien that at least they will not win?

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:12 am UTC

Sorry for dropping off the face of the planet there.

First things first:
Not under mind control.
I killed mpolo, mainly following Lawrencelot's reading.

Not happy with being nursified. 'He killed patzer' sounds more like justification than a legitimate reason.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:09 am UTC

I see no reason to claim my real results today. Further, town have a good reason NOT to lynch me - get info about aliens, when there are no more town investigators left.

Madge, you are mistaken. I am aware of several different scenarios for consistent results to be possible that will narrow down the group of possible aliens to a completely killable set, within the time limit,.some of which would say information about people other than Van or Znirk. Remember that I have last night's results as well.

If I am an alien, you will be able to tell if I falsely implicate someone tomorrow, and can kill me either N5 or D6.

Interestingly, Madge is one of only three players other than myself who has never voted for the lynched player and thus I have no DIRECT information on. From my point of view, the likeliest possible scenario from my results say that there is only one alien amongst the people who have voted for the lynch. That means that there could be an alien in the group {Madge, roadierich, Yoloswag}, the only 3 never to have voted for the lynch, other than me. I therefore propose we lynch one of them. Roadierich is not an alien from Dr Ug's results. Yoloswag is probably not an alien from his claimed night kills (though Znirk raises an interesting point). That leaves Madge, who could be seen as a little scared by the possible implications of my results. Maybe she is aware that I could know her teammate?

Vote Madge
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Return to “Mafia”