Smalltown Werewolf PYP - F is for Finished!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
faubiguy
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:20 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby faubiguy » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:39 am UTC

frogman wrote:Do you think I should use my research proposal tonight on Suzaku?

Right now that's likely to be the best option, but it would be a good idea to wait and see if a better target becomes evident later today before making the proposal.

Opus_723 wrote:It occurs to me that Darryl/Dr Ug could just turn himself into a cop by targeting both Luna AND Xela each night, with one slot left for a solid result. But if he uses just one baseline, we get two results per night on one faction.

I don't think that's right. He could tell if the third player is a werewolf or alien, but if they're not one of those two, then we still don't know if they're town or one of the independent roles. Targeting just Xela and using the other two targets for [alien/not alien] results would still work, though.

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby ConMan » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:02 am UTC

If Dr Ug posts all his results publically, then we essentially get a great big stack of logic puzzle clues - e.g. if he investigates me, Vytron and SDK (for example) and gets the results "Trifle", "Pudding" and "Trifle" respectively, then we know that SDK and I have the same alignment and Vytron has a different one. Then if another day he investigates Vytron, Madge and Van and gets "Confetti", "Streamers" and "Balloons", then we know all three of them have different alignments, and if Vytron's true alignment is ever revealed then suddenly the list of possibilities starts collapsing. Add to that the "baselines" of two roles who we know how they investigate, and it's pretty clear that we just need a good solid 3-4 sets of results and we can unlock a large portion of the game.

[Assuming, of course, that Dr Ug survives that long, which will be the responsibility of the protection roles, and that his alignment is such that he gets the greatest benefit from telling the truth.]

Dr Ug also has one more baseline result that is reliable for himself but not for the rest of us, and that's himself. Assuming he can self-target, he can always find out what word matches his own alignment.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
Znirk
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am UTC
Location: ZZ9 plural Z α

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - *SIGNUPS CLOSED*

Postby Znirk » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:09 am UTC

Misnomer wrote:Specific Game Rules:
[...]
9. Players cannot target themselves.

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:17 am UTC

Hey all, quick checking in post.

There's definitely a lot of investigative roles out there, I'm going to have to have a think about which one is best to check, to see if they are telling the truth. There is that unfortunate delay though that I only get information N2 about what my N1 target copped and so on. I think my power is probably best not publically coordinated, so that all the info roles have the pressure of having to tell the truth, or potentially get revealed for lying.

The only potential spanner is that the jesters probably want to be caught in a lie regarding their info role, so they get lynched for lying. We should probably tell someone with a public killing role to kill these lying info roles instead, and lynch from other scummy people in that case.
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - *SIGNUPS CLOSED*

Postby ConMan » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:33 am UTC

Znirk wrote:
Misnomer wrote:Specific Game Rules:
[...]
9. Players cannot target themselves.

Nuts. Thanks for spotting that.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby dimochka » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:09 am UTC

Hello hello. There's a lot to read through so I'm still figuring things out. For now what I'll say is Heather can feel free to target me.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Vytron » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:12 am UTC

Is the Position of #1 Fan of Misnormer's Club filled yet? If not, I want it :mrgreen:

SDK wrote:Suzaku, are you town? If so, I'm going to recommend that everyone vote you (one at a time) so you can just become a full vig.


Yeah? Did you really expect Suzaku to go all "Gee, no, I'm not town, I'm an Alien, thanks for asking" or something?

I agree with this on principle, but this is regardless of Suzaku's role. This is because everyone being afraid of being killable by him are thinking about self-preservation. As town, I don't need to preserve myself, because if Suzaku kills me I can still win with town. Becoming unkillable is therefore scummy.

VOTE: Suzaku
UNVOTE


You just need to do that.

This is helpful because we can have two lynches per day, at least, by voting normally and then underline-voting for Suzaku's target. Then, if Suzaku doesn't carry out the kill it's because we underline-voted one of this scumbuddies.

So the best course of action is to use Suzaku as a second lynch, but this only works if everyone becomes killable.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Snark » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:09 am UTC

Vytron wrote:This is helpful because we can have two lynches per day, at least, by voting normally and then underline-voting for Suzaku's target. Then, if Suzaku doesn't carry out the kill it's because we underline-voted one of this scumbuddies.

So the best course of action is to use Suzaku as a second lynch, but this only works if everyone becomes killable.
Yeah, I don't like the idea of using kills as a second lynch at all. In most games, I'd be all for it, but this one has two complications:

1. Are we also going to use Marco/HBCYOLOSWAG's and Oscar/roadie's kills as lynches also to give us 4 lynches day 1? Trying to vote for 4 people at once leaves way too much leeway for scum to influence the votes. Not to mention the fact that not everyone will comply. Whoever we tell Oscar to kill will simply vote for Oscar to nullify the kill.
2. ConMan has a secret role. If I had to bet, I'd put in something to discourage stuff like this. What if he's a bus driver/redirector and happens to be non-town? If he knew 3 NK targets, he could redirect the one that influenced him the most to go wherever he wanted it to.

I would give townie points to people voting Suzaku as I think I prefer Suzaku kill and Oscar killing N1, and I think I prefer Marco to kill or protect rather than vote D1, because I want at least 2-3 deaths after the first cycle so that we can actually start good scum hunting tomorrow, and so we have the highest chance of killing all Aliens pre-D6.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Snark - I'm up for voting someone randomly, more or less, so please tell me who to vote for for the first portion of the game. I will of course probably move my vote later.
Vote Suzaku.

Also, it's obvious if there are Druids out there that they should claim now. (For the unitiated, Druid lynch D1 is better than lynching town, then we lynch the other Druid whenever we have a lynch to spare, no one has incentive to NK a harmless Druid in the mean time).

If an Alien mind controls a player whose vote is currently worth 0, are they forced into doing the night action if possible? Or does voting with a 0 worth vote fulfill the requirement?
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Snark » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:11 am UTC

Also:

faubiguy wrote:It's probably also a good idea for anyone who is mind controlled to claim that morning, absent a good reason not to, as this will give us more information to lead us to the aliens.
I agree with this.

frogman wrote:Do you think I should use my research proposal tonight on Suzaku?
I don't agree with this. Keep your targets to yourself to avoid telling scum who's going to be confirmed town tomorrow because you increase chances of scum killing townies over killing other scum in the cross fire.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
patzer
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:48 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby patzer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:40 am UTC

Snark wrote:
frogman wrote:Do you think I should use my research proposal tonight on Suzaku?
I don't agree with this. Keep your targets to yourself to avoid telling scum who's going to be confirmed town tomorrow because you increase chances of scum killing townies over killing other scum in the cross fire.


Thomas/frogman's targets have to be public.

Thomas the Tenure-Track Professor (frogman)

Academic freedom? Ha, that’s a good one! As an early career academic, poor Thomas is entirely at the mercy of his tenure committee. At the start of the game, 6 players will be randomly selected as Thomas’ tenure committee – the committee members will be unknown to Thomas and to each other (though membership will be revealed on death). Once per day, Thomas can propose in-thread a player to research that night e.g. ’Research Proposal: investigate Misnomer.’ Once Thomas has proposed an investigation, committee members can PM the mod with ’Approve’ or ’Reject’ before day end. If no instruction is sent in, then it counts as an automatic vote for ’Reject’. A full breakdown of the committee vote will be posted at the end of each day (processed before the lynch). If approved, Thomas will receive a PM stating the alignment of the player targeted at the start of the next day. If rejected, no action takes place. If the entire committee dies then Thomas is granted tenure, turning him into a standard cop.

(emphasis added)

It probably is a good idea for frogman to target Suzaku.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Van » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:29 am UTC

Hello! Just posting to say I am alive and here. Will have time for a more detailed post tomorrow. For a brief thought: since we have an unknown role (ConMan?), I am super suspicious of this. Tempted to Doctorify him. Thoughts?

p.s. I let Misnomer know about this before I signed up, but my posting will be really sporadic between Mon-Thu of next week and again around the 13-16th-ish. I'm going to try for a brief post or two, but please don't take that as lurking or whatnot :D
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
patzer
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:48 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby patzer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:47 am UTC

Regarding Perry/Conman, I wonder if the super-secret "hidden role" is that he actually has no hidden role and really is just a perfectly ordinary fellow. :D

Regardless, I'm not sure we should make him a doctor when that could potentially lose us a powerful role. Might be better to have a cop target him, so we know whether he's town-aligned or not?
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:54 am UTC

patzer wrote:but you seem to have overlooked the last sentence?
It's quite clear that Perry can't tell us his role.
It seems you may have been trying to get him to fall for the trap of revealing his role.
Not a lot to go on, but it's all we have, so:

Vote: Remus the Ranger (Djehutynakht)



Yeah, sorry, that's totally fair. I completely forgot the last part where there's an anti-claim mechanism. There are so many roles--I'm getting kind of lost in them.

In that case he definitely should not tell us his role. An investigation may be pertinent, but there are more pressing people to investigate first.


Vote SDK

If it was a vengeance vote, I'd get that. But you said it was for "completely unrelated reasons". What's the completely unrelated reason?

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Vytron » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:22 am UTC

Guys, ConMan's role is completely irrelevant, as the mod has told us they rolled the alignments independently from the roles, so this paranoia doesn't make any sense.

User avatar
faubiguy
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:20 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby faubiguy » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:25 am UTC

Yes, but an unknown role is more of a risk to town if the player that has it is anti-town themself.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby dimochka » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:26 am UTC

Here, let's do this:

Vote Suzaku
Unvote
Vote ConMan


That should help.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Vytron » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:35 am UTC

I still do not get it, we should lynch the most scummy players, the ones that are more likely to be scum. Actually, it's paramount to hunt the aliens down. What makes you think ConMan is an alien?

Lynching ConMan sucks because if he's town and has a super-powerful role that would help us win, then we're shooting ourselves in the foot. We should only lynch ConMan if we believe he's an alien.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby dimochka » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:40 am UTC

I'm not looking to lynch him, I'm looking to use my power on him.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Sabrar » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:35 am UTC

Vytron wrote:I agree with this on principle, but this is regardless of Suzaku's role. This is because everyone being afraid of being killable by him are thinking about self-preservation. As town, I don't need to preserve myself, because if Suzaku kills me I can still win with town. Becoming unkillable is therefore scummy.

I don't fully agree with your conclusion. I think you've overlooked the possibility that there may be Lovers in the game. If there are, they definitely don't want to be killed as that would greatly reduce the chances of town.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Vytron » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:41 am UTC

Eh, lovers don't know if their partner is of their same alignment. Actually, someone ought to run the numbers and see how likely is it that the lover pair has two scum players in it, because by our numbers, it might be best if the lovers claim already and we get rid of them. Specifically, it may not be very likely that both lovers are town.

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Suzaku » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:49 am UTC

Quick one just to get started.

@SDK - Yes, I'm town, but if you expected any answer other than this one you've been smoking paint.

@Vytron - Lovers are a town-faction variation, they cannot be scum.

Gotta run; more this evening after work.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
Znirk
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am UTC
Location: ZZ9 plural Z α

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Znirk » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:23 am UTC

Still figuring out the mechanics ...

Rule question: If Victor successfully vegetarifies a werewolf, is that wolf still in the running for being chosen to pick the night target? In other words, does vegetarian success give town a chance of the werewolves failing to kill, or does the rest of the group just go hunting without the veggiewolves and the kill target is random only between the non-vegetarians?
Because one of those outcomes might be a good reason to keep Victor/Lawrencelot alive in parallel with the early focus on alien-hunting. ... Unless he's a wolf or alien himself. Ugh.

Actually,
rule question: When you say the lone wolves have a werewolf kill ability, is that a chance to pick the common werewolf target or a separate kill? E.g. with a wolf faction and two lone wolves, is there one werewolf kill or three?
The former makes it difficult for the lones to kill normal scum, but the latter sounds a bit massacre-y. Not sure what to expect.

As a data point on Perry/ConMan's ability: I exchanged clarification PMs with the mod concerning my own role, and I think the response may have been carefully phrased to not exclude his having a protection ability. Could just be a smart mod covering his bases, but could be significant.

Snark wrote:Role thoughts:

Karl/znirk - Not particularly useful as town, scary as anti town.

Like I said somewhere, all I might be able to do is coordinate (in public, no less) with someone who has a kill role and then "confirm" their attack on someone I think is scum. Any opinions, or interesting options I'm not seeing? Should Heather press-gang me into hospital service some time soon?

Finally, not that I fully understand the implications, but ...

vote Suzaku
unvote

User avatar
Znirk
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am UTC
Location: ZZ9 plural Z α

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Znirk » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:26 am UTC

Znirk wrote:Actually,
rule question: When you say the lone wolves have a werewolf kill ability, is that a chance to pick the common werewolf target or a separate kill? E.g. with a wolf faction and two lone wolves, is there one werewolf kill or three?
The former makes it difficult for the lones to kill normal scum, but the latter sounds a bit massacre-y. Not sure what to expect.

Ah, wait: Since it's random pick rather than vote, the lones can night-kill ordinary werewolves (other than one another) perfectly well. Forget I said anything.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Lawrencelot » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:39 am UTC

Ok I'm going to take on the habit of posting without having read everything, because the pace of this game will probably be higher than I'm used to. At this point I've read the roles. I assume no one is at lynch -1 at this moment.

Vote: Oscar

Unvote

Vote: Suzaku

Unvote


Now, let's see what others have to say.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Sabrar » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:46 am UTC

Rule question: does Oscar have a night kill if all votes for him were unvoted later the day? In other words does he care about his votecount only at the end of the day or anytime during?

Lawrencelot's vote looks a bit scummy for me, as we are very far from hammer so we could have had a lot more discussion about whether to block Oscar or not and make an informed decision.

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Suzaku » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:55 am UTC

Woah!

I have this to say: Way to drop the early role block on Oscar.

Oscar the Original GangsterTM (roadierich)
There are many imitations, but Oscar is the Original GangsterTM. An experienced killer, Oscar can target a player during the day to kill during the subsequent night. There’s a catch, however – as the Original Gangster, Oscar has a certain image to maintain. If therefore any player casts aspersions on his reputation by voting for him during the day, he will be too busy repairing his public image to kill anyone during the following night.


That looks quite the scummy move to block a potentially townie kill before the player in question has even posted in the thread.

Ninja: Yeah, what Sabrar said.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Misnomer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:00 am UTC

OK, first up, in response to queries from a number of different players I've been fielding via PM, I've had to adjust the ability of Father Patrick the Franciscan Priest somewhat.

Role Adjustment: Father Patrick is not directly affected by any night actions he may be targeted with, except for those which would directly cause his death.

This was the ability I originally intended him to have, but I phrased it rather badly (the 'and passive' bit in particular was a placeholder while I designed the other game rules, and I forgot to adjust it later on). Apologies for the slip up folks, it's a big game - hopefully this will be the only role adjustment I have to make.


Snark wrote:If an Alien mind controls a player whose vote is currently worth 0, are they forced into doing the night action if possible? Or does voting with a 0 worth vote fulfill the requirement?
Votes are not zero-weighed - a player either has one, or they don't. If alien mind control insists on a voteless player voting, then the mind control action will be judged to have issued impossible instructions, reverting to 'no vote' which would automatically be fulfilled, making the target free to defy the alien night action instructions.

On a not entirely unrelated note, players can cast valid votes for dead players, although if successfully lynched the effect of a lynching a dead player is identical to that of a no lynch.


Znirk wrote:Rule question: If Victor successfully vegetarifies a werewolf, is that wolf still in the running for being chosen to pick the night target? In other words, does vegetarian success give town a chance of the werewolves failing to kill, or does the rest of the group just go hunting without the veggiewolves and the kill target is random only between the non-vegetarians?
The werewolf kill decision is randomly allocated between the werewolves, rather than the werewolf kill itself. Whoever is selected to control the decision both chooses the target of the werewolf kill and the werewolf who will carry the kill out.

rule question: When you say the lone wolves have a werewolf kill ability, is that a chance to pick the common werewolf target or a separate kill? E.g. with a wolf faction and two lone wolves, is there one werewolf kill or three?
Lone Wolves have their own separate kills.

Sabrar wrote:Rule question: does Oscar have a night kill if all votes for him were unvoted later the day? In other words does he care about his votecount only at the end of the day or anytime during?
Anytime during the day - just one vote is all that is required to rob him of his ability.

Votals:

ConMan (3): SirGabriel, Djehutynakht, dimochka
Djehutynakht (2): SDK, patzer

Not voting (20): moody7277, sungura, cruicalityfactor, Dr Ug, Sabrar, Van, jimbobmacdoodle, znirk, YOLOSWAG, Faubiguy, roadierich, ConMan, mpolo, Suzaku, Frogman, Opus_723, Lawrencelot, Diemo, weiyaoli, Vytron

Game Status:
Snark is currently voteless.
6 Tenure Committee members are alive.
13 votes required to majority lynch.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:07 am UTC

Are those votals correct?

I voted for SDK if I recall.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Lawrencelot » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:21 am UTC

Dje being concerned about aliens, he sounds like a werewolf to me. His way of writing looks to me like someone trying to pretend he's not a werewolf. Plus I don't think I agree with him.

frogman wrote:Do you think I should use my research proposal tonight on Suzaku?

Yes, good plan.

weiyaoli wrote:I think my power is probably best not publically coordinated, so that all the info roles have the pressure of having to tell the truth, or potentially get revealed for lying.

Yes, good plan.

Vytron wrote:Eh, lovers don't know if their partner is of their same alignment.

False, they do know they're both town.

Some data I might use later on:
Spoiler:
Thinks aliens are top priority: SDK, Djehutynakht, crucialityfactor?, Sabrar?, Znirk?, jimbobmacdoodle, ConMan, faubiguy, Opus_723?, Vytron
Thinks otherwise: patzer, Lawrencelot

Thinks Oscar should not have a kill: SirGabriel, Lawrencelot
Thinks otherwise: Sabrar, Suzaku

Thinks Suzaku should be able to kill them: SDK (did not vote), Vytron, Snark (did not vote), dimochka, Znirk
Thinks otherwise: Conman?, Opus_723

Thinks ConMan should reveal their role: SirGabriel?, Djehutynakht
Thinks otherwise: ConMan, patzer


Thinks frogman should research Suzaku: frogman?, faubiguy, patzer, Lawrencelot
Thinks otherwise: Snark

Thinks we should claim to be mind-controlled if it happens: faubiguy, Snark, Lawrencelot

Thinks weiyaoli should not reveal their target: weiyaoli, Lawrencelot

Thinks Druids should claim: Snark

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Misnomer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:25 am UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:Are those votals correct?

I voted for SDK if I recall.

***Corrected*** Votals:

SDK (1): Djehutynakht
ConMan (2): SirGabriel, dimochka
Djehutynakht (2): SDK, patzer

Not voting (20): moody7277, sungura, cruicalityfactor, Dr Ug, Sabrar, Van, jimbobmacdoodle, znirk, YOLOSWAG, Faubiguy, roadierich, ConMan, mpolo, Suzaku, Frogman, Opus_723, Lawrencelot, Diemo, weiyaoli, Vytron

Game Status:
Snark is currently voteless.
6 Tenure Committee members are alive.
13 votes required to majority lynch.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Sabrar » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:33 am UTC

@Lawrencelot: to whom is that spoiler addressed? are we allowed to it?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Sabrar » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:34 am UTC

EBWOP: are we allowed to open it?

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:47 am UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:Dje being concerned about aliens, he sounds like a werewolf to me. His way of writing looks to me like someone trying to pretend he's not a werewolf. Plus I don't think I agree with him.


Wine this may be, but I find this post suspicious.

Numerous other people have taken the same view of the Aliens which I have, yet you seem only to be singling me out so far.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Lawrencelot » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:42 pm UTC

Yes the spoiler in my last post may be read by anyone

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby SirGabriel » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:18 pm UTC

Unvote

Vote: Suzaku

for being a samurai.

Unvote

Vote: Snark

for claiming we should waste lynches on druids.

I have no problem with turning ConMan into a doctor.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:31 pm UTC

VOTE: Suzaku

as requested by Snark, and also because it makes sense to me to give him some choices. I'd see people avoiding voting him as slightly scummy, but only probably if we confirm him as town.

If we all go down this route, I think it is vital that we clear Suzaku somehow, so for that reason I'd suggest investigative roles (e.g. Darryl, Calvin, frogman etc) should target him tonight to verify his claim.

UNVOTE: Suzaku

I agree that killing/doctorifying ConMan might be a bad idea, because we have no idea how that may help or hurt us. I'd agree with investigating him as a backup after Suzaku.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Znirk
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am UTC
Location: ZZ9 plural Z α

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Znirk » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:35 pm UTC

Huh, there's a thing. Snark, why do you suggest we lynch both druids, when that is in fact the druids' win condition?

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:36 pm UTC

Znirk wrote:Huh, there's a thing. Snark, why do you suggest we lynch both druids, when that is in fact the druids' win condition?

I can think of several reasons, but I'd like to hear Snark's response to this before I list them.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Snark » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:46 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Znirk wrote:Huh, there's a thing. Snark, why do you suggest we lynch both druids, when that is in fact the druids' win condition?

I can think of several reasons, but I'd like to hear Snark's response to this before I list them.
I already said it. It's mutually beneficial for town and the druids since our win conditions are compatible.

If Druids want to try a much harder win by double jestering when we will probably end up with a cop clearing one or both of them or double night kill when nobody has incentive to kill them if we find out who either of them are, that's fine, I guess. But I imagine they'd rather help town and claim and have a guaranteed win by lynch d1 plus lynch day 4 or 5.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Snark » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:50 pm UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:Vote: Oscar

Unvote

Vote: Lawrencelot

Since I don't have an actual vote.

SirGabriel wrote:Vote: Snark
for claiming we should waste lynches on druids.
Think about how the druids benefit from claiming. Then think about how town benefits from the druids claiming. Then realize that there's no waste because we get confirmed non-scum to not waste our many investigation roles on.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests