Smalltown Werewolf PYP - F is for Finished!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Znirk

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - *SIGNUPS IN THREAD*

Postby Znirk » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:11 am UTC

OK, make me Karl the Karateka.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:20 am UTC

Excellent.

Game Full - Signups Closed

If any player not signed up fancies being a replacement, please let me know. Additionally I'm also potentially looking for a non-player to act as a vote-counter, to keep an accurate running tally of votes on the thread when I'm not around to do this myself. This would not be a full co-mod position, so the role would not prevent said individual from acting as a replacement later. Let me know if interested.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Madge

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - *SIGNUPS CLOSED*

Postby Madge » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:01 pm UTC

I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Van

Postby Van » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:06 pm UTC

Misnomer wrote:
Van wrote:Krombopulos Michael the Killer

Oh man, that's actually so great I want to take it. Think it would mess Misnomer up horribly if I swapped? Or, for that matter, are references to existing characters frowned on?
You can swap now if you really want to, but Heather the Hospital Administrator was one of my favourite roles :/
Many things have happened during sleeping and Van missed all of them! No big deal :D Krombopulos is just a lovable character (from Rick and Morty, a cartoon series).

This game is going to be super absurd I think, but in a good way.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:32 pm UTC

Since no one has done this yet:

Players, in alphabetical order: (full, and now with exactly the same number of replacements!)

Albert the Archaeologist (moody7277)
Bunny the Bumblebee Bat (Sungura)
Calvin the Crotchety Old Man (crucialityfactor)
Darryl the Drug-taking Dog (Dr Ug)
Elmo the Exquisite Eagle (dimochka)
Father Patrick the Franciscan Priest (SirGabriel)
Gary the Grieving Widow (Sabrar)
Heather the Hospital Administrator (Van)
Iggy the Irrelevant Idiot (Snark)
Jimmy the Janitor (jimbobmadcoodle)
Karl the Karateka (Znirk)
Luna the Lycanthrope (patzer)
Marco the Meticulous US Marine (YOLOSWAG)
Nobody the Nameless (faubiguy)
Oscar the Original Ganster(TM) (RoadieRich)
Perry the Perfectly Ordinary Fellow (ConMan)
Quenton the Quality Assurance Lab Worker (mpolo)
Remus the Ranger (Djehutynakht)
Suzaku the Samurai (Suzaku)
Thomas the Tenure-Track Professor (frogman)
Ulysses the Undersea Explorer (Opus_723)
Victor the Vegetarian Butcher (Lawrencelot)
Wolfgang the Welder (SDK)
Xela the Xenomorph (Diemo)
Y the Yearning Spy (weiyaoli)
Zenith the Zombie (Vytron)

Replacements:
1. Freezeblade (I'll move up if I die in another game, I think I can only keep 1 going currently)
2. Madge (I'll be able to replace from about the 30th of November; really very sad I won't be able to sign up as I had SUCH a great time last time)
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:10 pm UTC

We did it! We got a full roster!

And, anyway, Ulysses is my real name in real life, so it's cool to see Opus_723 is my tocayo :mrgreen:

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:31 pm UTC

The game is ready to begin. Please read the following information carefully, and do not post in this thread again until instructed to do so.

Rules
Read 'em carefully, they're good for you. :wink:

Standard Rules:

1. Do not talk about the game outside this thread.
2. DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE THIS THREAD.
3. Please stay on topic.
4. Don't lurk through the whole game; if you need to drop out, TELL ME. Really bad lurkers risk MODKILL
5. If you aren't part of the game, please post in a separate, forbidden to players, thread for outside analysis.
6. Once I say that the day has ended, do not post in the thread
7. If you die, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information.
8. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM or any other messages sent to you by the mods. Paraphrasing is fine.
9. You may not edit your posts. This is to preempt the possibility of cheating by sending messages to other people and then editing them out.

Specific Game Rules:
1. I may set a deadline for the day, indicating when I am likely to call night. Until I actually call night, however, you are free to keep posting.
2. If at any point a player receives a majority of votes (as stated in the mod votals), then the day ends, even if I haven't posted yet. You must not post after a majority is reached.
3. All votes should be made by posting on a new line, IN BOLD. For example,
VOTE: Misnomer
4. You must post an Unvote before you can make a new vote. For example,
UNVOTE
VOTE: Remonsim

5. If you have questions, either post them IN BOLD in this thread, or PM me.
6. You may only communicate with other players by PM if I have specifically said you can do so. You must CC me in all PMs.
7. Due to the likelihood of long chat communications, please make clear any PMs containing actions by indicating as such in the message title.
8. This game is nightless - see details below.
9. Players cannot target themselves.
10. At the start of each day phase I will reveal the alignments & related details of all players killed since the start of the previous day phase.
11. A tied vote at day end will result in No Lynch.
12. I will not be posting night action resolution orders, so don't pester me for details.
13. Due to the very large nature of the game, it will likely need a few replacements. Therefore, if you are a dead player with no private knowledge at the time of your death, you are encouraged to put yourself forward as a replacement. If you are interested in this, you must NOT read spoilers.

Other game notes/clarifications (will be added to as game develops):
1. Traitors count as third party roles.
2. If Town is eliminated, but the game is not yet resolved, any living Traitors may continue playing for a bonus win as survivors.
3. Several roles may change abilities, however no role in this game will change any alignments.
4. Passive abilities e.g. how a player appears to investigations cannot be roleblocked.
5. Karl's karate chop power can override Bunny's ability.
6. It is technically possible for alien mind control to direct the werewolf kill but rather unlikely, as the mind controlled werewolf would have to be selected to carry out the kill.

Nightless Setup
This game is nightless - if a player or faction has any night actions, these must be submitted before the end of the day phase. All night actions are then processed as quickly as possible, and the next day begins straight away. If a player fails to send in an action, they will not carry out any action that night (unless that day was exceptionally short - i.e. a majority lynch was reached within 24 hours, in which case a brief period of grace might be allowed in which actions can be sent in). Players are therefore encouraged to send in provisional actions early on during the day phase - I have no problem with players changing their minds before the day ends, as long as they don't drown me in PMs.

I will allow players to send in back-up actions should events such as the lynch make their original action impossible. For example, a killing role might send in the action:
Kill: X
Back-up Kill: Y

If X is lynched or otherwise killed at the end of the day, I will treat the Mafia as having decided to kill Y that night instead. Note I will only allow players to submit one action and one back-up action at a time - if both actions are rendered impossible, then no action takes place.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:36 pm UTC

With the rules out of the way, let's meet the many citizens of Smalltown!

Player Roles

Albert the Archaeologist (moody7277)
Albert the Archaeologist is a brilliant investigator. The problem is, he can only investigate dead things. Each day, Albert sends in the name of a dead player and specifies a night on which that player was alive. The next day, Albert will receive a watcher/tracker result on that player for the specified night.

Bunny the Bumblebee Bat (sungura)
Teeny-tiny and adorable, Bunny the Bumblebee Bat is the littlest resident of Smalltown. Her small size makes her adept at hiding from people. Each day, Bunny may message the mod with the instruction ‘Hide’. That night, any actions targeting Bunny will automatically fail, as players will be unable to successfully locate her. Too much hiding disrupts Bunny’s feeding cycle however – she therefore cannot hide two nights in a row.

Calvin the Crotchety Old Man (crucialityfactor)
Calvin the Crotchety Old Man is irritable for a reason. Those blasted young people keep waking him from his naps with their excessive chitter-chatter! It’s becoming a right pain, and he’s determined to find out who keeps disturbing his rest. Each day, he can choose somebody to ‘listen out for’ during the following night phase. At the start of the next day, Calvin will be informed whether or not his target has access to a chat ability. Players whose chat ability has become useless due to everyone they can chat with being dead will not be detected.

Darryl the Drug-taking Dog (Dr Ug)
Every Smalltown worth its salt has a talking dog running around! And Darryl really knows how to help! With his advance sense of smell Darryl can quickly sniff out any wrongdoers in the place – ahead of each night, Darryl can investigate three different players, with the Mod PMing him the alignments of his targets at the start of the next day. However, there’s a snag: years of drug abuse have utterly wrecked Darryl’s perception of reality. Instead of receiving normal alignment names, Darryl will receive a random word instead: e.g. Town might appear as Octopus, and Werewolf as Post-Colonial. The words attached to each alignment will be re-randomised each night.

Elmo the Exquisite Eagle (dimochka)
Scraw! Elmo the Exquisite Eagle always has a keen eye for potential prey – and for potential wrongdoers as well. If at the end of each day, the player Elmo is voting for doesn’t get lynched, then Elmo gets an automatic super-tracking ability on that player during the subsequent night phase, being told who they targeted (if anyone) and the type of action used on the target (if applicable). If the player Elmo is voting for does get lynched, or if Elmo is not voting for anybody at the end of the day, then no action takes place.

Father Patrick the Franciscan Priest (SirGabriel)
Franciscan Priests are well known for their ascetic life styles, and Father Patrick is no exception. Having sworn off worldly cares, nothing matters for Father Patrick apart from living a holy life, and dying a death that will lead to life eternal. As such, Father Patrick is unaffected by all abilities, whether active or passive, except kill actions.

Gary the Grieving Widow (Sabrar)
Gary’s a pretty smart guy – normally he can pick up just about any ability, as long as he has someone to copy from. But right now, poor thing, he’s stricken with grief. As a Grieving Widow, Gary has no abilities until the start of Day 4, at which point he will cease his mourning. After Day 4, Gary may select any player still living, by publicly posting Copy: [player] in the main message thread. From that point onwards through to the rest of the game, Gary will have the role ability of the selected player.

Heather the Hospital Administrator (Van)
Busy busy busy… as a Hospital Administrator, Heather always finds herself overworked, not least because Smalltown doesn’t have any actual medical staff. Undeterred by this, Heather has taken to simply bullying her neighbours into becoming medical professionals. Each day, Heather can pick a player to retrain as either a Doctor or a Nurse during the night. If successful, at the start of the next day it will be announced that the target no longer has their normal role abilities, and that they are a now a Doctor or a Nurse (factional abilities are unaffected). Doctors pick a player each day to protect during the night. Nurses have no initial abilities, but if a single Doctor dies then any Nurses currently in play are upgraded to Doctors. If Heather dies, everybody immediately gets their starting roles back.

Iggy the Irrelevant Idiot (Snark)
Iggy is irrelevant, and as such is voteless. Being an idiot, Iggy doesn’t realise this is a bad thing, and tries to give this ability to other players. Each day, Iggy can send the moderator the name of a player to make irrelevant that night. If successful, the next day Iggy will have a normal vote, and the target will be publically stated as irrelevant, having no vote for the remainder of the day. The majority threshold will be adjusted each day to account for Iggy or any successful target of his.

Jimmy the Janitor (jimbobmadcoodle)
Lynch mob meetings are messy occasions – and Jimmy the Janitor is always the one who has to tidy up after. The litter people leave behind can reveal certain clues however. After each lynch, Jimmy is told how many anti-town players were voting for the successful lynch candidate at the end of the day (or no lynch if applicable). In the event of a tie, Jimmy is told how many anti-town players were in all the tied lynch votes combined.

Karl the Karateka (Znirk)
Hi-ya! Karl the Karateka is a keen practitioner of karate. Each day, he may send in the name of another player to perform a karate chop on that night. If successful, the target will be sufficiently weakened that they will lose all protections they might otherwise have from player actions for the remainder of the night.

Luna is not a werewolf. She’s a Lycanthrope. There’s an important difference, and she gets very offended if you claim otherwise. As a peaceful, violence-abhorring wer-*ahem* Lycanthrope, Luna has very keen senses. Each day, she may select a player to track during the night. At the start of the next day, she will be informed who, if anybody, that player targeted. Due to being a wer-sorry, Lycanthrope, Luna’s alignment will appear as ‘Werewolf’ (or Darryl equivalent) to any investigations.

Marco the Meticulous US Marine (#HBC | YOLOSWAG)
Marco the Meticulous US Marine is an all-round hero. Brave and determined, each day he can choose to either protect, roleblock or kill a player of his choice during the night. There’s a snag however – Marco is so meticulous he has to spend all day planning his chosen action, without getting distracted by anything else. If Marco votes just once during the day phase therefore he cannot carry out an action that night, even if he subsequently unvotes.

Nobody the Nameless (Faubiguy)
Nobody the Nameless is not so much a person an absence of one – an empty space somehow radiating substance, a void seemingly filled by an unseen presence. Nobody’s presence has a strange effect on the world around them, seemingly distorting reality itself – or possibly just the perception of it? In any case, each day Nobody may choose a player to target that night. If successful, that player’s targeted action(s) for that night, if there is one, will be redirected on to Nobody.

Oscar the Original GangsterTM (roadierich)
There are many imitations, but Oscar is the Original GangsterTM. An experienced killer, Oscar can target a player during the day to kill during the subsequent night. There’s a catch, however – as the Original Gangster, Oscar has a certain image to maintain. If therefore any player casts aspersions on his reputation by voting for him during the day, he will be too busy repairing his public image to kill anyone during the following night.

Perry the Perfectly Ordinary Fellow (ConMan)
To all appearances, Perry might look like a Perfectly Ordinary Fellow, residing in a perfectly ordinary house on a perfectly ordinary street and living a perfectly ordinary life. Except… he has a mysterious double life! At the start of the game, Perry will receive a role PM detailing a secret role, unknown to all other players. Perry is forbidden from discussing his secret role if anybody – if Perry does this then he will die immediately after the next lynch.

Quenton the Quality Assurance Lab Worker (mpolo)
As a Quality Assurance Lab Worker, Quenton is good at spotting what goes wrong. At the start of each day therefore, Quenton receives a report from the moderator informing him of exactly what actions were unsuccessful during the previous night e.g. (a kill attempt on [x] failed).

Remus the Ranger
(Djehutynakht)
Remus the Ranger knows how dangerous the woods can be, having had to rescue lost campers and tourists over the years. When will people ever learn that heading out at night is dangerous? It’s no wonder he has to go around blocking people’s actions all the time. From Day 2 onwards, Remus may target one or several players to be roleblocked the following night. The number of players Remus can target on any given day is determined by the number of players who died during the previous night – i.e. if two players were nightkilled, Remus will have two roleblocks that can be used.

Suzaku the Samurai (Suzaku)
As a Samurai, Suzaku is naturally a deadly warrior. During each day, Suzaku can select a player to kill during the following night. However, Samurai aren’t mindless thugs: they also have a code of honour. Suzaku can therefore only target a player for a kill if said player has voted for him previously at some point during the game.

Academic freedom? Ha, that’s a good one! As an early career academic, poor Thomas is entirely at the mercy of his tenure committee. At the start of the game, 6 players will be randomly selected as Thomas’ tenure committee – the committee members will be unknown to Thomas and to each other (though membership will be revealed on death). Once per day, Thomas can propose in-thread a player to research that night e.g. ’Research Proposal: investigate Misnomer.’ Once Thomas has proposed an investigation, committee members can PM the mod with ’Approve’ or ’Reject’ before day end. If no instruction is sent in, then it counts as an automatic vote for ’Reject’. A full breakdown of the committee vote will be posted at the end of each day (processed before the lynch). If approved, Thomas will receive a PM stating the alignment of the player targeted at the start of the next day. If rejected, no action takes place. If the entire committee dies then Thomas is granted tenure, turning him into a standard cop.

Ulysses the Undersea Explorer (Opus_723)
As an Undersea Explorer, Ulysses has never been one for spending much time on land. In fact, he’s already planning his next aquatic adventure! ONCE during the game, Ulysses may post in the game thread ‘DIVE DIVE DIVE!’ and immediately disappear underwater. This has the effect of temporarily removing him from the game until the start of the next day: all votes on him are removed, he cannot post for the remainder of the day, and he cannot be targeted or use any other action of his own that night. This ability cannot be used on Day 6 unless the alien faction has been eliminated.

Victor the Vegetarian Butcher (Lawrencelot)
Victor the Vegetarian Butcher has never understood why people like to eat meat: with enough preparation, vegetarian substitutes can be made to taste just as nice. Each night, Victor can target another player. If that player is a werewolf (whether part of the werewolf faction or a lone wolf), Victor will provide them with a vegetarian meat substitute which makes them too full to go hunting, disabling their ability to carry out a werewolf kill on all subsequent nights until Victor dies.

Wolfgang the Welder (SDK)
Wolfgang loves Welding things, even if other people are less keen. Each day, Wolfgang picks two other players to weld together during the night. If successful, at the start of the following day the two players will be announced as welded together. If a welded player is lynched, the player they’re welded to gets lynched as well! If the pair are not lynched, then the welding automatically wears off at the end of the day.

Xela the Xenomorph
(Diemo)
Xela is… quite frankly, terrifying. Nobody is quite sure whether she’s actually a Xenomorph or simply a sci-fi fan in a convincing costume, but everybody knows she’d be terrifying to face in combat. At the beginning of the game, she is still ‘growing’, having possibly burst out of somebody’s chest a short while previously – at the beginning of day 3 however, she will reach maturity and gain an unblockable kill power. Due to her costume, or possibly her species, Xela’s alignment will appear as ‘Alien’ (or Darryl equivalent) when investigated.

Y the Yearning Spy
(weiyaoli)
Known only by their initial, Y is a top-secret agent. But secretly, Y the Yearning Spy just wants to be loved. During the first day, Y must send the mod a name of another player: from that point onwards they will develop a fatal one-way crush on that player, and if that player dies at any point then Y will also die of a broken heart. If a Lone Wolf, this aspect of Y’s role will not apply. Doomed romances aside, Y may target any player with an investigation role during the day to spy on that night. If successful, during the following night Y will be forwarded a copy of the target’s investigation results, if their ability was used.

Zenith the Zombie (Vytron)
Braaaaiiiinnssss… Zenith the Zombie just simply loves brains! Not only are they a good source of protein, but you find out all sorts of secrets from their memories too. If during the game Zenith hammers another player during the lynch vote, he gets to eat their brains once they’re dead. After eating a victim’s brains, Zenith will be told every action they carried out in the game, plus the results of any investigations they carried out or any other mod notifications they received (e.g. mind control instructions).

Please note that alignments are fully randomised, so no role is more or less likely to be town etc.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:57 pm UTC

Player Alignments

The following alignments are in the game, and will shortly be sent out by PM:

Town faction (and variations):

Townies (at least 6)
What’s that? Smalltown’s under attack from the supernatural? Looks like you’d better get lynching! You are a Townie, and win if at least one town player remains alive when all anti-town factions have been eliminated. Good luck!
Masons (2-3, if present)
What’s that? Smalltown’s under attack from the supernatural? Good thing you know who you can trust. You, along with the other recipient(s) of this message, are a Mason. You know each other to be town, and you may communicate with each other via PM. Please CC me into all messages. You are town, and win if at least one town player remains alive when all anti-town factions have been eliminated. Good luck!
Lovers (2, if present)
What’s that? Smalltown’s under attack from the supernatural? But you’ve only just found love! You and the other recipient of this message, are Lovers. You know each other to be town, which is good – BUT if one of you dies, the other will instantly also die of a broken heart. You do not have any chat abilities. You are town, and win if at least one town player remains alive when all anti-town factions have been eliminated. Good luck!

Anti-town factions:

Werewolves (at least 5)
Arooo! Along with the other recipients of this message, you’re a vicious, snarling Werewolf! In addition to your public abilities you may communicate with each other via PM, and one of you may carry out the Werewolf kill in addition to your normal ability. Control of the kill decision will be randomly distributed to one of you at the start of each day, although you are encouraged to come to an agreement on the decision collectively. Please CC me into all messages. You win when Smalltown is under your exclusive control, or when there is no way to prevent this from happening. Good luck!
Lone Wolf (0-2)
Grrrr… you are Lone Wolf, a hardened and bitter survivor in a cold and uncaring world. You have a werewolf kill ability, which you can use alongside your normal ability. Additionally, you yourself are immune to all werewolf kills. There may be another Lone Wolf in the game, but you don’t know who they are and you don’t care. You win when every other player is dead. Good luck!
Aliens (2-4)
Blast, these puny earthlings have disrupted your carefully laid plans for invasion. That’s right, along with the other recipients of this message, are an Alien! In addition to your public abilities you may communicate with each other via PM, and each of you may carry out the Alien mind control. Mind control consists of imposing a voting requirement and a single action requirement on a target player for the following day (so instructions issued in D1 are delivered to the player at the start of D2). The target will be able to resist one requirement, but not both: if they are not voting as instructed by the end of the day, they will automatically carry out the night action. Note that the night action must be something they are capable of doing, or the mind control will default to ‘do nothing’, which can also be directly instructed. Aliens using mind control must target different players from each other. If the mind controlling alien is killed, then the mind control on their target is instantly cancelled. The alien invasion is scheduled for the end of day 6 – if after the lynch on that day, there is still one alien player left, then the invasion will instantly take place and you’ll win! Good luck!

Third Party Factions:

Druids (2, if present)
The awakening cannot be put off. The ritual must take place. Yes, along with the other recipient of this message, you are a Druid! In addition to your public abilities you may communicate with each other via PM. You win if you are either both lynched, or you both die by any means other than the lynch. Good luck!
Hesitant Jester (0-2)
You’ve always had a strange urge to be lynched by your neighbours… or at least, you think you’ve always had? Perhaps you should sleep on it a day? You are a Hesitant Jester! There may be another Hesitant Jester in the game, but you don’t know who they are and you don’t care. You win if you are lynched on Day 2 or later – you lose if you exit the game by any other means. Good luck!
Sibling Survivors (2-3, if present)
Deep down, family is what really matters. As long as one of you makes it out of this madness alive, you’ll consider that a win. You and the other recipient(s) of this message are Sibling Survivors! You do not have any chat abilities. You win if at least one of you is alive at the end of the game. Good luck!
Traitor (at least 1)
You’ve always hated Smalltown – so much that you’ve decided to help the enemy! That’s right, you’re a Traitor! There may be other traitors in this game, but if so you don’t know who they are. You win if the Town faction loses. Good luck!

Please continue to refrain from posting until all alignments have been sent out. Many thanks.

Misnomer

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Misnomer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:48 pm UTC

All alignments have now been sent out. If you have not received yours then contact me ASAP.

One week later...

Panic Grips Smalltown as Werewolf Assault Continues!

The small town of Smalltown is a hotbed of anxiety today, as yet more victims of the werewolves are discovered. The town's doctor, cop, vigilante and hooker have now all been killed and, in the words of one local official, "only the weirdos are left". To make matters worse, scientists at Xkcdia university report that an Alien invasion is likely to take place in less than a week's time, with Smalltown the most likely spot for the attack. Surely, says the Xkcdia Gazette, such a crisis can only further reinforce the case for changes to the federal tax code... (cont. page 7)

'Madame Mayor', shouted the Hospital Administrator, 'You have GOT to do something!'

'Oh, Heather!' chirped the Mayor, as she looked up from her desk. 'Good to see you! Can I get you a drink of something? Oh, I see you've brought the whole town with you...'

'What's left of the town, I think you'll find', muttered Jimmy darkly. 'Everyone else has been killed!'

'Oh, how sad!' exclaimed the Mayor, as she headed over to the sideboard and began mixing herself a gin & tonic. 'Still, I suppose we always had too high a population for somewhere called Smalltown. How were they killed? Was it a traffic accident?'

'No you idiot!' screamed Quenton, 'It was the werewolves! You know, the ones who've been attacking us for the last few days??'

'Oh don't be silly, there's no werewolves in Smalltown!' laughed the Mayor, as she added ice to her drink. 'No no, it must have been a traffic accident.'

'It's not just werewolves!' Marco snapped, barely controlling his temper. 'We've an alien invasion on our hands as well! Just look at the paper!'

'Ah yes, aliens', smirked the Mayor. 'The all-powerful race of intergalactic mind-control specialists supposedy invading Earth at the end of Day 6. We have dismissed that claim. Now, sure none of you would like to stay for a drink?'

Disgusted, the citizens of Smalltown stalked out of the Town Hall and began building a scaffold in the main square. Once again, democracy had failed them - they would have to deal with these threats to humanity the old fashioned way...

It is now Day 1. No deadline is currently set.

Game Status:
Snark is currently voteless.
6 Tenure Committee members are alive.

25 voting players remain, so 13 votes required to majority lynch. Good luck everyone! :D

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:54 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Hey YOLOSWAG. Welcome back.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I remember you too.

The formality is nice, but is this just a ruse for me to lower my guard?!

Scum tactic.

FOS SDK

frogman

Postby frogman » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:55 pm UTC

Great flavor, Misnomer!

Here are my initial thoughts on a brief read-through:

Jimmy the Janitor (jimbobmacdoodle)
Lynch mob meetings are messy occasions – and Jimmy the Janitor is always the one who has to tidy up after. The litter people leave behind can reveal certain clues however. After each lynch, Jimmy is told how many anti-town players were voting for the successful lynch candidate at the end of the day (or no lynch if applicable). In the event of a tie, Jimmy is told how many anti-town players were in all the tied lynch votes combined.

This seems incredibly powerful, and we should probably target protection roles at jimbobmacdoodle for now. On the other hand, we need to worry about Jimmy being anti-town and therefore blatantly lying to us.

Luna is not a werewolf. She’s a Lycanthrope. There’s an important difference, and she gets very offended if you claim otherwise. As a peaceful, violence-abhorring wer-*ahem* Lycanthrope, Luna has very keen senses. Each day, she may select a player to track during the night. At the start of the next day, she will be informed who, if anybody, that player targeted. Due to being a wer-sorry, Lycanthrope, Luna’s alignment will appear as ‘Werewolf’ (or Darryl equivalent) to any investigations.

Xela the Xenomorph (Diemo)
Xela is… quite frankly, terrifying. Nobody is quite sure whether she’s actually a Xenomorph or simply a sci-fi fan in a convincing costume, but everybody knows she’d be terrifying to face in combat. At the beginning of the game, she is still ‘growing’, having possibly burst out of somebody’s chest a short while previously – at the beginning of day 3 however, she will reach maturity and gain an unblockable kill power. Due to her costume, or possibly her species, Xela’s alignment will appear as ‘Alien’ (or Darryl equivalent) when investigated.

Darryl might want to target either Luna or Xela every night, then, to get a known data point.

Academic freedom? Ha, that’s a good one! As an early career academic, poor Thomas is entirely at the mercy of his tenure committee. At the start of the game, 6 players will be randomly selected as Thomas’ tenure committee – the committee members will be unknown to Thomas and to each other (though membership will be revealed on death). Once per day, Thomas can propose in-thread a player to research that night e.g. ’Research Proposal: investigate Misnomer.’ Once Thomas has proposed an investigation, committee members can PM the mod with ’Approve’ or ’Reject’ before day end. If no instruction is sent in, then it counts as an automatic vote for ’Reject’. A full breakdown of the committee vote will be posted at the end of each day (processed before the lynch). If approved, Thomas will receive a PM stating the alignment of the player targeted at the start of the next day. If rejected, no action takes place. If the entire committee dies then Thomas is granted tenure, turning him into a standard cop.

How to gain tenure: kill your tenure committee :D
yeah yeah yeah

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:55 pm UTC

I've never played a game with this many people or power roles before. I cannot wait to see the madness unfold.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:01 pm UTC

Already had a query on the role of the tenure committee! To clarify, frogman's action goes ahead if and only if it receives a majority vote for approval. A tied vote counts as rejection (because academia is cruel like that). This point will be added to the list of clarifications, which is now included in the opening post.

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:02 pm UTC

Jesus.

Suzaku, are you town? If so, I'm going to recommend that everyone vote you (one at a time) so you can just become a full vig.

Priority is to kill the Aliens, I guess?

Misnomer, could you please specify which anti-town win conditions will result in the game ending?

Anyone want to volunteer to get targeted by Heather?

pedit: Bah. More later.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:06 pm UTC

EBWOP: Sorta pre-empted by SDK with my Alien question, but I'll leave it up for now.

Amazing roles, and factions. I have to congratulate Misnomer on the absolute creativity that this game requires. Can't wait!

At first glance:

-The Aliens seem to be the perhaps the biggest threat due mostly to the fact that they're a time bomb. I suggest we focus primarily on them first, although of course we definitely need to keep the werewolves in check. It might honestly be in the werewolves best interest to focus this way as well.

I dunno if I saw this in the Alignment info (there was a lot to read), but just to double check:
Would an Alien Invasion end the game with their victory? Or would the game still continue even after their victory?

Aside from that:

-SirGabriel
-Patzer
-HBC
-roadierich
-ConMan
-Suzaku
-Diemo (D3)

The above players I have marked down because I consider them to be specially dangerous -- either because investigations/actions fail on them, or they have a power that I think is potentially very dangerous if in scum hands, such as a kill. I'm extra-wary of these players because, franky the possibility that at least one or two of them are scum is quite high.

So I'll be watching them especially.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:07 pm UTC

Hello to all fellow citizens!

Though this will be my first game on these forums, I've read through dozens of previous games to get a feel for it (I've also played a lot of IRL Maffia a long time ago). However nothing could prepare me for this madness. :?
Please let me enjoy this game at least until Day 4 so I could have a cool power like the rest of you! :D

Post with actual game content coming in 1-2 hours.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:08 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Misnomer, could you please specify which anti-town win conditions will result in the game ending?

All anti-town win conditions will result in the game ending: for werewolves and lone wolves, they are required to eliminate all other factions/players. For aliens, the game ends with their victory at the end of day 6, should they remain alive.

Djehutynakht wrote:Would an Alien Invasion end the game with their victory? Or would the game still continue even after their victory?

Alien victory completely ends the game.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:13 pm UTC

Alright then, I then re-iterate my firm stance that I think we should be hunting some Aliens.

I'm sure the werewolves can agree with that, and then we can work out our differences after. If I'm gonna be taken out by scum, then I wanna at least be taken out by Earth scum, dammit!

patzer

Postby patzer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:32 pm UTC

This is crazy; I love it. Misnomer has written some amazing flavour for this game.

Strategy time. I'm not sure the aliens are the biggest threat at the moment- it is obviously a big issue, but day 6 is a long way off. Five lynches and probably at least ten night kills will happen before then.
But they are definitely a major threat that we need to look out for.

There's such an enormous amount of power roles, alignments, etc, that I wouldn't know where to start thinking about a good strategy.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:34 pm UTC

We could lynch SDK? That's usually a good start in a Mafia game.

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:52 pm UTC

Role thoughts:

Albert/moody - Does nothing til day 3 but will be quite useful from that day on.
Bunny/Sungura - Surviving is nice but since this game has a time limit (aliens win day 6), it's less helpful than it could be
Calvin/crucialityfactor - Doesn't get definitive intel but could help catch scum lying since they'd have to find someone to claim mason/Druid/lover with them
Darryl/Dr Ug - Very powerful cop, especially if 1-2 of the targets dies during the night
Elmo/dimochka - Less useful since the target knows it's coming but still interesting
Father Patrick/SirGabriel - Hexproof pretty useless on a townie and pretty scary on anti town
Gary/Sabrar - Pretty underpowered but I guess it's sweet if they survive.
Heather/Van - Neat but why would you over select Nurse over Doctor?
Iggy/Snark - Annoying D1 and boy too powerful on subsequent days. Not sure what I was thinking with that role name.
Jimmy/jimbob - Very powerful cop result
Karl/znirk - Not particularly useful as town, scary as anti town.
Luna/patser - Millers aren't as bad when they're known, and tracking is useful.
Marco/HBC - Pretty powerful but gets worse late game when votes matter more.
Nobody/Faubiguy - Probably should just withhold this action to avoid messing up cops.
Oscar/roadierich - Any one player can turn it off. Will be interesting to see who, if anyone, does that.
Perry/ConMan - Probably powerful and/or weird, otherwise why keep it a secret.
Quenton/mpolo - Seems bad at first glance but could end up gleaning a lot of info.
Remus/Dj - Interesting. Could dominate n2-n3 since d1-2 will likely have lost kills.
Suzaku/Suzaku - Should we force everyone to vote Suzaku? We want a big but possibly not at possible cost if anti-town.
Thomas/frogman - Kind of a weak cop but also kind of fun.
Ulysses/Opus - Implies that mod will tell us when factions are eliminated. That's helpful given variable numbers.
Victor/Lawrence - Very useful role to town and aliens. Least scary werewolf if a werewolf.
Wolfgang/SDK - Very unique role. Not sure how useful but we'll find out.
Xela/Diemo - Sweet if town. Very scary otherwise since they can't be copped.
Y/weiyaoli - Fragile but one of the strongest cops available
Zenith/Vytron - Helpful for preserving cops results and has some secondary uses.

Here's where I would normally vote for someone but alas I am voteless.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:55 pm UTC

Wow, that's a rough condition right there. That means that we really need to coordinate the various investigative roles so we aren't doubling up. I feel like it could be very easy for 2-4 aliens to hide out in a game as large as this. I personally can find players with chat abilities but I don't believe I'm told role or alignment information. So basically I can find out if someone is in one of these groups (and only if there's more than 1 left):

-Druids (2, maybe)
-Aliens (2-4)
-Werewolves (5+)
-Masons (2-3)

So on the low end I could find info on 9/26 (34%) players on the high end at least 14/26 (54%) or more depending on how many werewolves there are. So, I just spent a lot of time trying to figure out the percentages of what faction a person would be in if I found out they could chat, but it just seems too variable because we don't have concrete numbers.

I think at the very worst I'd be able to say that someone was a werewolf at about a 35% certainty. At best somewhere around 50%+. Masons could fall in at around 15% - 30%.

Or maybe the better way to look at it would be that if I find that someone who can chat then the odds that they are not town-aligned would be in the 70% - 85% range? With like another 0% - 15% chance that they'd be relatively harmless druids? So does that mean an overall 70% chance that they are scum?

I really shouldn't be bringing math into this, it's just getting me more confused. Really glad I chose this super complicated game to come back on after 5+ years!

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:12 pm UTC

Some initial thoughts:

1. Setup:
We have 5 different roles that might or might not be in the game, I feel that given the madness of the whole situation at least 4 of them will be present. Let's say for example that there are no Lovers (as in my opinion they have the lowest added value to the game plus it's also kind of duplicated with the Yearning Spy). This means a setup like:
8 Townies
3 Masons
6 Werevolves
1 Lone Wolf
2 Aliens
2 Druids
1 Hesitant Jester
2 Sibling Survivors
1 Traitor

These would be my expected values as hopefully some semblance of balance remains to allow all players to have a shot at victory. I'm really hoping for a low number of Aliens as they seem to have a very good win condition together with a powerful ability. Furthermore, having too much of Jester, Lone Wolf and Traitor decreases Town's chances even more.

2. Abilities:
Albert: watcher can be very useful to determine the source of the kill, tracker is probably less important as if I understand correctly it won't tell the result of the action just the target.
Calvin: too many factions have chat to draw early conclusion, can be very useful later.
Darryl: frogman's idea is excellent, makes a quirky power into a possibly very useful one. I think Xela should be the main test target as rooting out Aliens is a priority.
Heather: having more Doctors is always good, as I currently have no powers I gladly volunteer to be the first.
Jimmy: extremely useful ability, let's hope you're town.
Perry: I'm not sure I like this as it goes against the basis of the whole setup but whatever...
Zenith: very useful tool for investigation, early hammering will be very suspicious if he didn't vote yet.

Question to all: should we allow Oscar and Suzaku access to their kill or should we prevent it?

3. Factions:
Aliens: let's hunt them! :twisted:
Druids: incredibly easy if both of them have night kill abilities, and even if just one of them has NK it might be worth to kill his/her ally as going for double jester is pretty risky.
Jester: I don't like having Jesters in the game as I don't think I have enough experience to differentiate them from werevolves.

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:19 pm UTC

Wow. Quite a buffet of factions here. I'm going to spend D1 basically thinking out loud trying to figure some basics out ...

First off, my role: I can roleblock protection actions. Seems irrelevant in the early game, until myself and another townie with a kill action agree that either the Bunnybat, or Marco, or any doctors, are scum.

For town to win, we need to:

- completely kill off the anti-towns (wolves and aliens)
- leave at least one druid alive, or make sure they die in different ways (there may not be any though).
- not lynch the jesters, unless we do it right now. Ideally let them get killed by scum. (there may not be any)
- kill the siblings (or, I suppose, let the doggies kill them for us)
- ignore the traitors, I guess? It looks like it's the scum faction who need to kill them off before winning.

Can we discuss priorities? I don't have any experience with that sort of alignment, but it does leap out at me that all the Aliens need to do is wait and not die out completely. With the 15 kills Patzer suggests, if kills are "at random" as far as alien-targeting is concerned, I think we have something like a 42% chance ((25/26)*(24/25)*(23/24)...*(11/12)) of leaving one alien alive and losing. (I may have calculated the odds of not killing one specific alien though. It's been a while since I did this sort of thing.)

Rules question: Do targets "know" (in-character) that they're being mind-controlled, or is this player-only knowledge? That is, may players reveal when they're acting under mind control (provided they don't quote the mod message)?

Rules question: Does the Heather reveal say whether the target is a doctor or a nurse, or does it say "doctor or nurse"?

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:25 pm UTC

Znirk wrote:Rules question: Do targets "know" (in-character) that they're being mind-controlled, or is this player-only knowledge? That is, may players reveal when they're acting under mind control (provided they don't quote the mod message)?
Players are entirely at liberty to claim they're being mind-controlled.

Rules question: Does the Heather reveal say whether the target is a doctor or a nurse, or does it say "doctor or nurse"?
It will be made clear which they've been retrained as.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:35 pm UTC

SO... MANY... POWER... ROLES... My brain is going to hurt sooo much with this game!

@Snark - I'm up for voting someone randomly, more or less, so please tell me who to vote for for the first portion of the game. I will of course probably move my vote later.

I'm in agreement with the "let's kill the aliens" plan. Whilst there are plenty of night kills, with this many players, I could easily see one of 4 aliens being able to lie low and simply get ignored by everyone. Any cop etc. results will be critical to locating them.

Obvious possible Doctor players could be sungura (self-preservation isn't that useful as town?), Sabrar (he does nothing until N4 otherwise), Snark (not sure how useful a vote block is early on), Faubiguy (would be scary if they're a druid and can redirect the kill onto themselves, their ability could just lead to confusion), Opus (same as sungura), and SDK (not sure how useful that ability is unless we think we've got two scum identified). I think turning someone into a Nurse could be a way of neutralising a suspected scum's abilities.

Does the Yearning Spy lose their crush if they become a Doctor/Nurse? Not suggesting he should become one, because his ability does seem quite powerful, but it might be useful information to have.

Keeping me alive should be very useful, as my ability seems quite good, especially later on. If we end up with a split decision over who to kill, with only a few people on each person, I'll basically be able to cop a chunk of people at once. If they're all townies, or all scum, that's excellent, and then a prime time to use a welder action (if all scum).

Apologies in advance to anyone I use the wrong gender pronoun for. I'm likely to make some mistakes, even with referencing the pronouns thread.

That's all I've got time for now, but I will try to post more thoughts on setup or players tomorrow.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:45 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Does the Yearning Spy lose their crush if they become a Doctor/Nurse?

I'm going to say no, as it's not so much an ability as something that happens to weiyaoli on the first day.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:50 pm UTC

Snark wrote:Oscar/roadierich - Any one player can turn it off. Will be interesting to see who, if anyone, does that.

I'm seriously considering it. I don't like night 1 kills even in the control of known town, and this one has a pretty good chance of being non-town.

VOTE: ConMan

for having a secret role.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:52 pm UTC

Yeah, it might be best for us if ConMan tells us his role.

A cop would also be nice. Do we have a rolecop? Grah! Too many roles!

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:53 pm UTC

Good grief. All these crazy people, and here am I, just a plain old ordinary guy with nothing special about him at all, nosiree.

I agree that Aliens are top priority, followed by the main pack of Werewolves. If we happen to hit a few Lone Wolves along the way then great, but they're as likely to help as hinder and it will be quite a while before they've got a chance to achieve their win condition. I think we probably need Darryl to investigate Xena plus two other players for a couple of days - as long as Darryl isn't an alien himself, then he has a vested interest in finding the aliens as well.

I think that if we can ascertain Suzaku's alignment, then we should probably "bare our chests", so to speak, and take turns voting for him and unvoting so that he becomes a full-on vig. Until then, though, I dunno.

Also, rule question:

When investigated, do alignments get listed based on the full list given, or will roles such as Lovers and Masons, for example, show up as Town?
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:54 pm UTC

EBWOP:

Djehutynakht wrote:Yeah, it might be best for us if ConMan tells us his role.

A cop would also be nice. Do we have a rolecop? Grah! Too many roles!

I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm just a plain old ordinary guy. And I like the idea of not dying, thank you very much, so that's the last I'll say on the subject.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:01 pm UTC

ConMan wrote:When investigated, do alignments get listed based on the full list given, or will roles such as Lovers and Masons, for example, show up as Town?

Alignment is done by faction, so Townies, Lovers and Masons appear as 'Town' while everything else appears as described in their alignment messages.

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:18 pm UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:We could lynch SDK? That's usually a good start in a Mafia game.

I don't think that's ever happened.

Vote DJ for completely unrelated reasons.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:23 pm UTC

Votals:

ConMan (1): SirGabriel
Djehutynakht (1): SDK

Not voting (23): moody7277, sungura, cruicalityfactor, Dr Ug, dimochka, Sabrar, Van, jimbobmacdoodle, znirk, patzer, YOLOSWAG, Faubiguy, roadierich, ConMan, mpolo, Djehutynakht, Suzaku, Frogman, Opus_723, Lawrencelot, Diemo, weiyaoli, Vytron

Game Status:
Snark is currently voteless.
6 Tenure Committee members are alive.
13 votes required to majority lynch.

faubiguy

Postby faubiguy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:25 pm UTC

Lots of power roles. I can tell this is going to be a very chaotic game.

I agree right now we should focus on finding the aliens, with attention focused towards werewolves after we've got a handle on that situation.

The investigation abilities will be very helpful this game. Since we already know everyone's role, I don't think there's any reason for them not to post all their results publicly. It's possibly that some of them are scum and would post fake results to confuse town, but weiyaoli's ability allows a redundant set of results from one of the roles, which means unless both weiyaoli and his targeted player are both scum, then the investigation roles will have to post the real results to avoid being potentially caught. (I think...)

It's probably also a good idea for anyone who is mind controlled to claim that morning, absent a good reason not to, as this will give us more information to lead us to the aliens.

The killing roles could be powerful in the hands of scum, but roadierich and Suzaku's kills both depend on votes, so are are at least partly in the control of town even if the players are not, and #HBC | YOLOSWAG's kill would be suspicious if they choose to use it instead of protection or roleblocking. We should definitely watch Diemo though because of their unblockable kill from Day 3 on.

Opus_723

Postby Opus_723 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:50 pm UTC

Wow this thread is going to be hard to keep up with.

I agree that Darryl should use Xela as a baseline and start hunting for aliens. I thought that role looked useless at first, but this is cool.

One role that jumps out at me as being scary is Heather the Hospital Administrator. If Van is a werewolf or an alien, we could end up with a group of anti-town doctors all protecting each other from night kills.

I'm nervous about turning Suzaku into a vig. We might just be handing werewolves/aliens an extra kill every night, which could be disastrous if that starts on N1. I think we should wait and see. Maybe someone should at least investigate Suzaku before we go through with the promotion. Darryl could check if Suzaku is an alien, or Thomas could investigate more thoroughly.

My role seems to be useful for self-preservation, but that's about it. If anyone can think of a helpful way I could use it, let me know, but I don't really see it as anything than lynch avoidance.

frogman

Postby frogman » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:25 am UTC

Do you think I should use my research proposal tonight on Suzaku?
yeah yeah yeah

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:27 am UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:Yeah, it might be best for us if ConMan tells us his role.

Umm. It sounds like you read Perry's role,

To all appearances, Perry might look like a Perfectly Ordinary Fellow, residing in a perfectly ordinary house on a perfectly ordinary street and living a perfectly ordinary life. Except… he has a mysterious double life! At the start of the game, Perry will receive a role PM detailing a secret role, unknown to all other players. Perry is forbidden from discussing his secret role if anybody – if Perry does this then he will die immediately after the next lynch.

but you seem to have overlooked the last sentence?
It's quite clear that Perry can't tell us his role.
It seems you may have been trying to get him to fall for the trap of revealing his role.
Not a lot to go on, but it's all we have, so:

Vote: Remus the Ranger (Djehutynakht)
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Opus_723

Postby Opus_723 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:34 am UTC

It occurs to me that Darryl/Dr Ug could just turn himself into a cop by targeting both Luna AND Xela each night, with one slot left for a solid result. But if he uses just one baseline, we get two results per night on one faction.

Given that the three of them (Darryl, Luna, Xela) might not last long if Darryl/Dr Ug is town, I think it might be better to focus on one faction or the other and get as many results as possible before that falls apart, even if the results aren't quite as strong as a regular cop.

But Dr Ug could just lie to us if he's anti-town. Given the numbers, it's more likely that he would be a werewolf than an alien, so I think we should ask him to hunt aliens, as he would be less likely to lie about that. And if he is a werewolf but we ask him to NOT target Luna, we reduce the amount of wine he can spread about his own faction while getting real alien results.

Of course, he could be an alien and this would backfire badly, but it's the least likely faction, so I think it's worth the risk.

Return to “Mafia”