Speed: Turbo (4-RL-day days) - Pseudo-Nightless (Night actions must be sent in advance during the day prior - backup and conditional action submissions are permitted).
Bastardry: Possible naive roles or other concealed mechanics. Possibly very poorly balanced.
- No posting in this thread unless you are playing in it.
- No talking about this game except in this thread or in an appropriately titled spoiler in the discussion thread.
- No player may read discussion spoilers about this game unless they are dead. There are no spoiler reading roles.
- No editing your posts. For any reason. At any time.
- Do not lurk! One post per real-life day is the recommended minimum. Consideration will be given for weekends.
- No, really - don't lurk! This is a Turbo, and I reserve the right to modkill any player who fails to make at least one post on a game (not IRL) day, unless the day ends early.
- Players lurking excessively will be replaced or, if replacement is not possible, modkilled. See above.
- Any player who is modkilled for rule violations (not lurking) will have their role retconned to ‘Survivor’ meaning they will automatically lose.
- You may post in thread during the day phase but not the night phase. It is night when the mod posts a day-end post (this will not be before the official deadline, but won't be much after it, either), or a hammer vote is cast, in which case it is automatically night, whether or not the mod has made a day-end post. Note that this means you may not post content after a hammer vote.
- You may not post, nor quote directly from, any PM from a mod. Paraphrasing is fine.
- You may not play to lose, or act in a way that is clearly against your win condition.
- You may not use encryption systems in order to communicate privately or circumvent these rules.
- This is a game; it’s meant to be fun. Personal attacks or other offensive behaviour towards other players will not be tolerated.
- In general, days will last for 4 RL days. Nights will last for as long as it takes me to process night actions. Weekends will count as half time.
- Adjustments will be made to accommodate holidays, or for other reasons if the mod deems it necessary.
- In-thread deadline announcements from the mod override these rules.
- Requests for extensions will be considered in exceptional circumstances only.
- Deadlines are 'soft', meaning that posting and voting may continue after the deadline until the mod calls night.
- Votes and questions for the mod must be posted in bold and on a new line, like this:
You do NOT have to unvote to change votes, but it makes things easier and will be very much appreciated if you do. You can unvote in bold and on a new line, like this:
- When someone gains a majority of the votes, they are automatically lynched and it becomes night, as above. Posting content after the hammer vote is not allowed, even if the hammer vote was accidental.
- If the deadline is reached and no player has been hammered, then the person with the most votes at the deadline will be lynched.
- If the votals are tied, then random.org will randomly select one of the tied players to be lynched, unless all players are voting solely for the tied players, in which case there will be no lynch.
- You can vote not to lynch anyone by casting a vote for "NL" or “No Lynch”. “No Lynch” will be treated exactly the same as any other player for determining votal results, except that "No Lynch" always wins ties.
- You’re alive until you are hammered in a lynch, or a mod tells you that you're dead, by PM or in thread.
- Once you die, you may no longer post content in this thread. You may post death flavour or a ‘Bah! You killed me,’ post that reveals no information.
- On the other hand, once you are dead you may read the spoilers in the discussion thread.
Private Message rules:
- You must include the mod in any PM you send related to this game.
- You can ask the mod questions by PM (at any time) if you'd rather not ask in thread.
- No PMing other players concerning this game unless your role specifically allows it.
- Any night actions must be sent by PM before the end of the day prior. If sent as part of a factional chat, please indicate the action in bold on a new line, as with voting. If you don’t do this and I miss your action, tough.
This means that I will tell you only what I think you need to know about the setup. You may ask me questions, but I may not answer.
I will not lie about the setup
Setup: Every player sends in a role, which is then randomly assigned to another player. The mod assigns alignments randomly to roles but alters the roles as necessary to maintain game balance. The mod may add factional abilities in addition to submitted roles. Most types of roles or powers are allowed: Christmas/holiday-themed or not, day actions or night actions or passive abilities, etc.
Claiming the role you sent in is strictly prohibited. If you do this you will be immediately modkilled with extreme predjudice.
Note that this includes hinting about it, giving information about it, saying 'I sent that role' in response to a claim.
And for the benefit of some of our sneakier, more legalistic players: I will modkill you even if the information is false, so don't try to 'reverse claim' either
Restrictions on submitted roles:
No roles that specify a win condition or would only work with certain win conditions.
Dead is dead - No roles with resurrection powers.
No flavor-writing/influencing roles.
No roles causing false role-reveals - hiding details is fine. (Naive miller/Naive godfather roles are acceptable, but the reveal will include both that the role was a miller/godfather and that the player did not know. Ditto sanities)
No spoiler-reading roles.
Roles may be edited (perhaps severely) due to game balance, if the role doesn't follow the guidelines mentioned, or if the mod has some other reason. In the case of editing, the original author will not be informed.
Sign-Up Instructions:To play, sign up below and then send the mod a PM titled 'Secret Santa Role' using the following template:
- Role Name - self explanatory
- Role Description - this is what the player sees, and should ideally include flavour
- Role Mechanics - this is an exact description of what the role does. Any elements of the role that are kept hidden from the player should also go here.
If the signups go over about 15ish people, I will probably ask for a co-mod.
Signups are now closed - I will finish twerking the roles over the weekend, and the game will probably start Monday evening my time (JST = UTC+9)
Sabrar- Killed N2 - Town mpolo- Killed N3 - Town SirGabriel- Lynched D2 - Town - Ghost moody7277- Died N2 - Town VytronLawrencelot
FreezebladeEcho244- Lynched D3 - Town patzer Djehutynakhtbessie Madge- Lynched D1 - Mafia Minestrone- Killed N2 - Serial Killer crucialityfactor- Killed N1 - Town Misnomer- Killed N1 - Town
Role PMs will be going out soon.