Speed: Normal - Pseudo-Nightless (Night actions must be sent in advance during the day prior - backup and conditional action submissions are permitted).
2. DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE THIS THREAD.
3. Please stay on topic.
4. Don't lurk through the whole game; if you need to drop out, TELL ME. Really bad lurkers risk MODKILL. I am serious about this one!
5. If you aren't part of the game, please post in a separate, forbidden to players, thread for outside analysis.
6. You’re alive until you are hammered in a lynch, or the mod tells you that you're dead, by PM or in thread.
7. If you die, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information.
8. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM or any other messages sent to you by the mod. Paraphrasing is fine.
9. You may not edit your posts. This is to preempt the possibility of cheating by sending messages to other people and then editing them out.
10. You may not play to lose, or act in a way that is clearly against your win condition.
11. You may not use encryption systems in order to communicate privately or circumvent these rules.
12. This is a game; it’s meant to be fun. Personal attacks or other offensive behaviour towards other players will not be tolerated.
Specific Game Rules:
2. You may post in thread during the day phase but not the night phase. It is night when the mod posts a day-end post or a hammer vote is cast, in which case it is automatically night, whether or not the mod has made a day-end post. Note that this means you may not post content after a hammer vote.
3. All votes should be made by posting on a new line, IN BOLD. For example,
4. You do NOT have to unvote to change votes, but it makes things easier and will be very much appreciated if you do. You can unvote in bold and on a new line, like this:
5. If you have questions, either post them IN BOLD in this thread, or PM me.
6. You may only communicate with other players by PM if I have specifically said you can do so. You must CC me in all PMs.
7. This game is nightless - see details below.
8. Players cannot target themselves.
9. At the start of each day phase I will reveal the alignments & related details of all players killed since the start of the previous day phase.
10. If the deadline is reached and no player has been hammered, then the person with the most votes at the deadline will be lynched.
11. A tied vote at day end will result in No Lynch in all cases.
12. You can vote not to lynch anyone by casting a vote for "NL" or “No Lynch”. “No Lynch” will be treated exactly the same as any other player for determining votal results.
Back-up Kill: Y
If X is lynched or otherwise killed at the end of the day, I will treat the Mafia as having decided to kill Y that night instead.
This is a closed setup. This means that I will tell you only what I think you need to know about the setup. What I want to share is that there's no bastardry whatsoever. This means:
- I may not answer a particular question, but I will never lie.
- Roles contain no hidden mechanics. E.g. if your role pm does not explicitly say that you're a Miller then you can't be one. Or if you're a Cop then you're guaranteed to be sane unless you role pm says otherwise.
- Although it would have been thematically very appropriate, due to the relatively small number of players I did not include any alignment or role that would change other player's alignment or win-condition. E.g. there's no Cult.
About the flavor:
Around half of the players are flavor-blind, so I intend the flavor to be somewhat on the lighter side and not 100% serious. I hope in that way it will overall be more enjoyable. Also I aim to write flavor that is fairly indicative about the actions during the night.
One final note about mass-claiming and meta-speculation:
A lot of the characters had shifting loyalties during the run of the show. Additionally - due to the nature of the series - anyone could be a sleeper agent in theory. Because of this and the fact that I don't want to give an unfair advantage to the players who know the flavor, the characters won't necessarily have the same alignment as in the show (role abilities however follow the show pretty closely). Further preventive measures have been taken against mass role-claiming as well, although it's not prohibited at all. You're welcome to do it but as we know "actions have consequences".
Please confirm in the thread that you've received your role pm and read the rules. Day 1 will start after everyone confirmed (probably on Monday).