PyPokemon 2 [Game Over: This Was a Triumph]

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Esthr
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Last Corridor

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 1: Kanto's Courage]

Postby Esthr » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:17 pm UTC

I apologize for being absent during these crucial hours.

Sabrar wrote:
Esthr wrote:I really just read Mason and thought it was independent from your pokemon role. I'm not clever enough to come up with a gambit like that. Likewise, you could have taken advantage of my confusion and gotten my role in the next message, so I believe you are town as well.


This is why I believe Sabrar is Town and I encourage everyone to unvote him. There's been a lot of content since Friday, and I'll try to go over it before the deadline.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 1: Kanto's Courage]

Postby Snark » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:22 pm UTC

Deadline in ~3.5 hours.

9 alive, 5 to lynch.

Votals:
4 - Sabrar (adnapemit, jimbobmacdoodle, emlightened, mpolo)
1 - dimochka (SirGabriel)
1 - Esthr (Carlington)
1 - emlightened (Sabrar)
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
Esthr
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Last Corridor

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 1: Kanto's Courage]

Postby Esthr » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:56 pm UTC

Panic mode. I don't have time to do a full analysis and this may be my last post before the deadline.

At least one, perhaps two, scum is voting for Sabrar.
adnapemit- First to vote. Voted because Sabrar's analysis of dimochka's claim showed a lack of research. This feels weak, as Sabrar stated in his first post that he was flavor-blind.
jimbobmacdoodle- Voted based on reasonable analysis. I agree Sabrar may be tunneling on dimochka to some extent. Feels like legitimate town play.
emlightened- First to FoS. Backed off a bit and then later voted because of Sabrar's claim. I may have mentioned this before, but I don't think Rapidash is a very good town role. Protection is valuable, but when everyone has power roles roleblocking town would be detrimental. She had her suspicions, but didn't vote for Sabrar until he already had two votes. This seems like bandwagoning.
mpolo- A weak vote for reasons others have already given. This feels a bit like active lurking and voting for the obvious target. I don't like this, but it feels mostly neutral.

I had emlightened as slightly scum in my last analysis, and her recent content does not agree with me.
Vote: emlightened

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 1: Kanto's Courage]

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:11 pm UTC

I'm inclined to believe Esthr and Sabrar are town, which leaves me no choice but to

Unvote
Vote: emlightened

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 1: Kanto's Courage]

Postby dimochka » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:18 pm UTC

I'm still pretty sure Sabrar is scum, but in case there is any additional content I don't want to hammer. Esthr looks more townish to me. It's just important to note that their posting regarding "honesty" revolve around revealing the mason bit as a power vs. as a given. For what it's worth, they can't both be scum (or that would be a bigger gambit than any I can think of), but that doesn't prevent one of them from being independent (unlikely I'll admit, but again I want to make sure that people are aware).

I think there are two hours left.

For what it's worth emlightened is most townie in my book.

Ninja: wow I really don't believe emlightened is scum. I don't see how the presence of chat guarantees two townies on it. Sorry I don't have more time, but I will be around if there is a need to hammer.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 1: Kanto's Courage]

Postby Snark » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:46 pm UTC

Deadline in ~1 hour, 14 minutes.

9 alive, 5 to lynch.

Votals:
4 - Sabrar (adnapemit, jimbobmacdoodle, emlightened, mpolo)
3 - emlightened (Sabrar, Esthr, SirGabriel)
1 - Esthr (Carlington)
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 1: Kanto's Courage]

Postby Sabrar » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:56 pm UTC

Would have been nice if the 3 people who promised to do an analysis before the deadline didn't 'conveniently' forget it. Getting lynched this way is so infuriating.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 1: Kanto's Courage]

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:14 pm UTC

If I get a chance, I'll take another look, but I feel like I need to look at Dollhouse more, due to not doing as much as I should have done yesterday on it. For now what I would say is that I don't think I've seen anything in the chat that says to me that Sabrar is town (nor that he is scum for that matter). I could easily see scum pointing out the not-guaranteed town thing, so that they could fall back on it if needed.

I have a partial claim/request to make: my ability is based on others targeting me. If anybody has a spare non-fatal action that they don't mind using on me, I'd much appreciate it.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
emlightened
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere cosy.

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 1: Kanto's Courage]

Postby emlightened » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:48 pm UTC

Ack! I thought I had time to do a post in the main forum area, some stuff came up, and now I've not got time to analyse fully before deadline.

Before I start, I would just like to post that quote from a post I made a while ago, and note that SirGabriel has been supportive of Sabrar's opinion when others haven't been in the past.
emlightened wrote:A private chat, however? You get one player to talk to personally so that they think you're town, not scum, and who will probably defend you if you're likely to get lynched? That seems pretty useful for scum. Shame that Esthr hasn't been online today.

Also, even if I found Sabrar very townie and dimochka very scummy, I can't change my vote, because I'd only think that Sabrar's town, but I know that I am.

dimochka: Announces being a PGO immediately. He says his choice was because the other roles were too vanilla for his taste, and that he announced it because it was likely that more town roles would be able to target him than scum. It doesn't seem very useful, except for the claim that he gains a power later on. The two roles he rejected were Zapdos, which could announce that he had no other powers, and Mewtwo, who could anonymously send messages, plus a more public action (makes one person vote for themself). Says that almost everyone claimed PGO off the bat on this forum (although I don't have time to check, even if wrong, I think it would be an easy mistake to make). Promises analysis, leaves forum for a couple of days. He says that he won't claim, but that he does get an additional power on D3, before doing a short analysis. Nothing stands out to me as scummy in it, except that he didn't follow it up with a more detailed one. He states that his rejected Pokémon won't get people anywhere (I agree, there was too much analysis of that). Gets pinged by Sabrar for something nonspecific, which, although it happens, iseems convenient, given what follows. Fine with hammering self, but also asks for reasons to fullclaim. Then claims; comments that "it just makes it less fun to play this way", which seems odd, looking back at it. Doesn't post for a while; reluctant to hammer Sabrar in case there is any extra content (like this, I guess).
Honestly? He's still a solid neutral-townie. I don't like how much of the content he didn't post for, and his lack of a follow-up analysis, but I can't really find much fault in him. As to Sabrar's three points on the previous page: 1) yes, I agree with dimochka here, as although town can have reasons not to vote, I wouldn't put your post near that category. Honestly? I should have posted earlier too, and don't know why I didn't. 2) He's a one-shot vig. It's worth announcing for the late-game kill, to ensure that no townies accidentally die. 3) His short analysis is the only thing that bugs me, so I guess I agree with you on that one.

Sabrar post coming up soon.
The Seven Wonders of the World:
To see
To hear
To touch
To taste
To feel
To laugh
And to love

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 1: Kanto's Courage]

Postby Sabrar » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:50 pm UTC

Stop posting. Deadline was up at 7pm UTC and it is hard. Check the rules.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Night 1: Kanto's Character]

Postby Snark » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:52 pm UTC

Deadline is indeed hard. Please be more careful in the future.

And the day ended with one less Pokemon, with the rest awaiting a long night and the light of morning to reveal more.

Votals:
4 - Sabrar (adnapemit, jimbobmacdoodle, emlightened, mpolo)
3 - emlightened (Sabrar, Esthr, SirGabriel)
1 - Esthr (Carlington)

Sabrar has been lynched and is dead. Role reveal in the morning.

Night 1 will last exactly 3 days. If you have night actions, get them in.


Can't process night at the moment but will do so within 10 hours of original deadline.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby Snark » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:59 am UTC

Sabrar is dead.
Sabrar - Mafia
Houndour - You are great at communicating with other Pokemon with your barks. At the beginning of the game, you choose another player. The two of you will have private chat for the duration of the game. During night 3, you may choose another player to open up a second separate private chat with.


emlightened is dead.
emlightened - Town
Gardevoir - You devote your life to your Trainer. At any point in the game, you may PM the mod the name of a player who you wish to have as your trainer, and you may send a new PM to update to a different trainer at any time. If your Trainer would die for any reason at any time, you die instead and they live.



The Pokemon of Kanto found one threat. It fills them with determination.

Deadline in 5 "days" and since weekends count down half, that actually means exactly 6 days.

7 alive, 4 to lynch.

jimbobmacdoodle is immune to votes and the lynch today.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:42 am UTC

Good morning all! Glad to see my belief was correct. As a result, I'll be taking a closer look at SirGabriel later as promised, though my activity will likely be fairly low until Monday as I have family visiting. In the meantime FoS SirGabriel for looking like Sabrar's scum buddy and for voting towm. Of the other living emlightened voter, I think I'm reasonably confident that Esthr is not scum, since that would be a rather weird gambit in my opinion.

Following on from my claim yesterday, I think it would be beneficial to hear whether each person targeted me. Unless you think it useful to town, there is no need to claim your action or result though. Of course, if anybody has a strong reason that people shouldn't claim, please pipe up. I will explain my reasoning after everyone has claimed.

Also, I'm assuming not, but did anyone target dimochka last night?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby SirGabriel » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:30 pm UTC

Look at past games where I've been scum, I've never tied myself to my partners like you claim I'm doing with Sabrar here.

I am going to be looking closely at Esthr, as the conversation Sabrar gave us could easily be completely made up, and choosing to have day chat with a scum partner would make sense if scum did not already have day chat.

I targeted jimbob.

Jimbob, did you use my gift yet, and does your lynch immunity have to do with your ability?

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:37 pm UTC

I haven't used your gift yet. I might have one or two questions related to it before I do, but I want to wait for everyone else to reply first. Similarly, I'm not going to comment on the lynch immunity as yet, but will answer this once everyone has said whether they targeted me or not.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby Carlington » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:05 pm UTC

I also targeted jimbob. I want to hear from everybody today before I post anything substantial, but I still have a holdover bad feeling about adnapemit from yesterday. I'll properly read D1 again when I wake up and see whether I'm tunneling.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
Esthr
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Last Corridor

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby Esthr » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:11 pm UTC

I don't think I can trust Sabrar in any future mafia game...

Given how heavily Sabrar was tunneling on dimochka, he's pretty much confirmed town.

The evidence against SirGabriel is pretty damning. His earlier content was pinging me and his early vote on emlightened initially made me FoS him. I eased off on SirGabriel and turned my attention to dimochka because of my chat with Sabrar. The chat logs have already been posted. Throughout D1, Sabrar and SirGabriel seem to be trying to lynch either dimochka or emlightened. His last vote now looks like a last minute attempt to save Sabrar.
FoS: SirGabriel

I did not target jimbobmacdoodle or dimochka last night.

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby SirGabriel » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:46 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I haven't used your gift yet. I might have one or two questions related to it before I do, but I want to wait for everyone else to reply first.

I think it's best that my full role not be publicly revealed quite yet, so please don't mention the name of the gift. I can say, however, that if you do a Google search for the name of the item, you can find out what it does in the Pokémon video games; its effect in this game is the closest analogue mafia has to what it does in those games.

Esthr wrote:His last vote now looks like a last minute attempt to save Sabrar.

Which is exactly what it was (as I made clear at the time when I said my belief that Sabrar was town gave me no choice but to vote emlightened). And I could say the same thing about your vote on emlightened. But, if you are town and were telling the truth, then you believed, based on your chat with him, that he was town. And I also believed, based on your chat with him, that he was town (the chat record as it stood certainly sounded like a conversation between two town, and although I considered the possibility that you were both scum and completely made up that conversation, it seemed unlikely at the time).

FoS Esthr
because it seems like she's taking every little thing as an excuse to start a wagon, and for FoSing me for thinking Sabrar is town and trying to save him when she claims to have been doing exactly the same thing.


Also, emlightened's ability means that she might not actually have been the nightkill target. Is anyone aware of having been emlightened's trainer? (I'm guessing the trainer wasn't informed, but it can't hurt to ask.) Does anyone care to guess whether emlightened was the target, or if not, who might have been chosen by both scum (as a target) and emlightened (as her trainer)?

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby mpolo » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:49 pm UTC

Voters for Sabrar obviously look good. With the votes so close, I would think maximally one mafia on that wagon, maybe even none, since there wasn't much reason to bus Sabrar.

Some attention should be given to Esthr and SirGabriel, but with the limited information available to town, there's no guarantee that they are scum.

I targeted no one last night.

The start of this day caught me a little off guard, and I don't have time to look into the burdgeoning suspicion on SirGabriel. Hopefully tomorrow.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
adnapemit
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:05 am UTC
Location: The wrong timezone.

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby adnapemit » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:53 am UTC

Yay! Sabrar was Mafia!
mpolo wrote:Voters for Sabrar obviously look good. With the votes so close, I would think maximally one mafia on that wagon, maybe even none, since there wasn't much reason to bus Sabrar.
I think it's likely none since Sabrar was mafia and you are right that there was no reason to bus Sabrar. If there was one then it would most likely be you since we know emlightened was town, jimbobmacdoodle isn't completely rule out either but it would be highly unlikely.
Esthr wrote:Given how heavily Sabrar was tunneling on dimochka, he's pretty much confirmed town.
Really? Dimochka is less suspicious but I don't think anywhere near confirmed town.

SirGabriel and Esthr are the most suspicious but I'm not ruling out Carlington either.

I targeted jimbobmacdoodle. I gave him the no lynch because I didn't think anyone would vote for him anyway.
I don't expect whatever jimbob's power is to tell him everything about who targeted him maybe just the number of town or mafia. Would it be possible to tell if he was emlightened's trainer as she could be PM at any time so I'm not sure jimbob would be informed.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby Carlington » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:15 am UTC

adnapemit wrote:I don't expect whatever jimbob's power is to tell him everything about who targeted him maybe just the number of town or mafia.

I've gone back through and I can't see where jimbob claimed that this ability was an investigative one. Why do you think that jimbob's ability will tell him anything about who targeted him? I can think of any number of abilities that could depend on people targeting you at night, and they wouldn't have to be investigative at all.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
adnapemit
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:05 am UTC
Location: The wrong timezone.

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby adnapemit » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:25 am UTC

Well he did say:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I have a partial claim/request to make: my ability is based on others targeting me. If anybody has a spare non-fatal action that they don't mind using on me, I'd much appreciate it.

Which should at least give him a number or approximation of the number of people who targeted him. I didn't die last night or receive any message so I suppose it could be a delayed attack. I wouldn't call it an investigative ability but it could give us information.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby Carlington » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:11 am UTC

Not necessarily. Again, I can think of lots of powers that would be binary, or of the form "if at least one person targets you..."
I don't think this is the most important thing to get hung up over, mind. But it gives us something to discuss until jimbob comes to explain.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby Snark » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:39 am UTC

Deadline in ~5 days. (exactly 6 days from D2 beginning post)

7 alive, 4 to lynch.

jimbobmacdoodle is immune to votes and the lynch today.

Votals:
None
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby mpolo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:06 am UTC

Some comments after actually reading:

emlightened as mafia kill is a little unusual, considering the heat she was under, but maybe she was protecting someone (SirGabriel said this as well)

Voters for emlightened: Sabrar (scum), Esthr, SirGabriel

jimbob was targeted by (at least) SirGabriel and Carlington

dimochka gets town points based on Sabrar's tunnelling

adnapemit, jimbob get town points for voting Sabrar (particularly adnapemit for starting the wagon)

SirGabriel's explanations of his position are sounding more defensive (scummy) in the light of his being on the wrong wagon.

No explanation has been given why jimbob has this immunity. Though since he seems pretty solidly town, I'm not upset about it.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby SirGabriel » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:30 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:No explanation has been given why jimbob has this immunity.

Not true:
adnapemit wrote:I targeted jimbobmacdoodle. I gave him the no lynch because I didn't think anyone would vote for him anyway.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby Snark » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:10 pm UTC

Deadline in ~3.5 days. (exactly 6 days from D2 beginning post)

Modprodding dimochka.

7 alive, 4 to lynch.

jimbobmacdoodle is immune to votes and the lynch today.

Votals:
None
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:25 pm UTC

Ok, let's actually contribute something substantial today:

@SirGabriel, with regards to your gift, I assume it has some beneficial effect, based on the search I did. I don't quite understand why you're so keen to keep the name secret, but I'll go with it for now. Would you care to explain why the name is so important? Is there any reason you want to give why I should or shouldn't use the gift? One more thing: why did you target me?

I've found SirGabriel's content today not too bad. In particular, I like that he pointed out that Esthr could have been targeted by Sabrar to give them day chat. For now UnFoS. I will review this again later, after his responses.

@everyone: I may make use of SirGabriel's gift at some point, but I will not say so when I do, since I believe I could save it for a later day. However, if I randomly keel over and die in the middle of a day, I suggest you all lynch SirGabriel for giving me something bad.

My ability in part allows me to know what I am targeted with, at least the first time I am targeted with each ability (it is unclear, but I assume that I won't be informed after this). I also now have the ability to use something useful, so don't be surprised if you see me targeting someone now.

Not much help obviously, but I can confirm that I was given a gift and I was given lynch immunity. I can also confirm that I was targeted with exactly one other ability. I cannot confirm that the 3 players who claimed to target me did, but I don't see why they would lie about it. Assuming that SirGabriel and adnapemit are telling the truth, and I see no feasible reason why anybody in this would be lying, I also know Carlington's ability (or at least part of it). I will not be revealing it, since doing so wouldn't be helpful to town. I can say that I don't think it's likely that scum would choose it, unless there's another portion of the ability that I don't know about. Combined with him rejecting Snorlax, I'm pretty confident Carlington is town.

@Carlington - feel free not to, if you think it a bad idea but would you mind revealing what Raichu did? Also, is there anything else to your character other than what you targeted me with?

@adnapemit - could you reveal what Aurorus did? How do you plan to use your ability going forward (no need to reveal who you plan to target)? Do you plan on targeting me again tonight?

On the topic of why emlightened died, I think it extremely unlikely that she was the target, because she came second in the lynch. I wouldn't be surprised if she selected Esthr as a trainer, because she was the towniest of her reads, the one time she said who she thought was town/scum, however, I am far from certain. I might be overestimating how townie I look in other people's eyes, but I also think I'd have been a good selection. I got a No Comment when I asked whether I'd find out if emlightened had chosen me. I also don't know if a redirected kill, such as via emlightened's ability would have shown up to me.

Esthr mentioned that dimochka is pretty much confirmed town due to how much Sabrar tunneled on him. I disagree slightly, in that he could be scum from a different faction (e.g a serial killer etc - for the record I doubt an SK is likely, but this just an example). However, it does suggest that he is not mafia.

As always, I will do a full player analysis nearer deadline. Here's a rough guide of who I think are town and scum for now. I'll do an updated list after my bigger analysis:
Town
jimbobmacdoodle (to quote someone else - "the towniest town who ever towned")
Carlington (ability likely picked by town, in my opinion, could have done with more content D1, but what he did post was pretty well thought out, and he did post some very early opinions on some other players)
adnapemit (single reads list, could have done with more explanation. Voted Sabrar, and stayed there consistently, so unlikely to be a teammate).
mpolo (low content all game, with one small reads list, but little explanation, in my opinion. On the other hand did vote Sabrar)
dimochka (heavily focused on by Sabrar makes him unlikely to be a teammate)
Esthr (targeted by Sabrar. Fake chat log seems like a lot of work for an early scum gambit, but could have been a move to try to reduce pressure on Sabrar)
SirGabriel (initial instinct says team-mate with Sabrar)
Scum

To be honest, I only really see Esthr or SirGabriel as team mates with Sabrar. If a third scum not aligned with Sabrar is present, I'd be inclined to think mpolo or dimochka, but I've not really thought that one through too much.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:28 pm UTC

EBWOP: I don't have any massively strong scum pings, that's why SirGabriel is still top of my scum list, but I UnFoSed him.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby Carlington » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:45 pm UTC

I see no harm in answering that question. Raichu could use thundershock to interrogate one Pokémon per night. But electricity ~does things~ to a Pokémon's mind, so my results would to unreliable - I would have a 50/50 chance of being given a correct alignment (town/non-town) and a Pokémon name selected at random from all 721, or an incorrect alignment and a correct Pokémon name. That ability didn't seem as useful to me as the one I chose, as I felt that I would be less able to make use of my results.
There is another part to my role, and I can say more if you think it would be helpful, but it may be difficult to do so without making it obvious what my power is, and I'd rather not claim that so early.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:51 pm UTC

Thank you Carlington. The Raichu ability feels about right to me, based on what else I've seen and certainly I agree that your chosen ability is more useful.
Carlington wrote:There is another part to my role, and I can say more if you think it would be helpful, but it may be difficult to do so without making it obvious what my power is, and I'd rather not claim that so early.
No need to. I might have a question or two to follow up later, but for now I am going to leave it there, as I don't want to risk accidentally giving scum useful information.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby dimochka » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:55 am UTC

hi everyone, sorry for absence, i was sick as hell (and still not fully recovered but somewhat better) and it was the weekend. i'll be able to put in more time as of tomorrow.

I'm glad to see that I was right about sabrar. and for some reason i remember seeing sirgabriel as townie, at least for some of d1. so he'll be the first person i review in the morning.

i obviously didn't target anyone because i have no active powers at the moment.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:07 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@SirGabriel, with regards to your gift, I assume it has some beneficial effect, based on the search I did. I don't quite understand why you're so keen to keep the name secret, but I'll go with it for now. Would you care to explain why the name is so important? Is there any reason you want to give why I should or shouldn't use the gift?

I don't think I can be any more clear about this without publicly revealing my role.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:One more thing: why did you target me?

I thought you were probably town, and you asked to be targeted.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@everyone: I may make use of SirGabriel's gift at some point, but I will not say so when I do, since I believe I could save it for a later day. However, if I randomly keel over and die in the middle of a day, I suggest you all lynch SirGabriel for giving me something bad.

Sounds good to me. I guess it can't hurt to say that I could have given you a gift that would kill you when you tried to use it, but given that scum would have no reason to use the gift, it seemed like it would be much better to give useful gifts than to try to be a vig.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:03 am UTC

SirGabriel wrote:I guess it can't hurt to say that I could have given you a gift that would kill you when you tried to use it, but given that scum would have no reason to use the gift, it seemed like it would be much better to give useful gifts than to try to be a vig.
Thank you. This was what I was looking for. I actually know exactly what the thing you gave me does and the alternative (i.e. kill me) thanks to my ability. I was aiming to see if you would deny any such alternative, but was trying to do so without making it obvious that I was, in case scum!SirGabriel could see what I was aiming at. You now feel a bit townier. It's worth pointing out that you might still be scum, and are planning on using the kill option after someone has confirmed the usefulness of the gift, but I think it more likely you'd not have targeted me and given away a deadly version.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:51 am UTC

Quick analysis post:

adnapemit: Nothing seems particularly noteworthy except her Pokémon choices and her vote for Sabrar. Definitely some townie points for voting Sabrar. If I were scum!adnapemit, I probably would have debated between the godfather role and being able to grant lynch immunity, but ultimately probably would have settled with the godfather (unless, of course, she can grant lynch immunity to herself, but that seems unlikely). So I'll give her some townie points for rejecting Mew. But on the other hand, being able to grant lynch immunity doesn't seem particularly useful as town. adnapemit, would you mind revealing Aurorus's ability and why you rejected it in favor of the role you chose?

Carlington: Nothing stands out except that Esthr seems to be pinging him for the same reasons she's pinging me. I'll trust jimbob for the moment and call him townie.

dimochka: I didn't have time to go into detail at the time, but his claim is somewhat plausible (two first gen and one second gen Pokémon is not that odd, and choosing two legendaries and one weak Pokémon isn't outside the bounds of possibility; I even considered submitted Arceus, Palkia, and Magikarp as my three). It was his initial refusal to reveal even the name of the Pokémon he chose that really pinged me. dimochka, I can understand why you didn't want to reveal your full role, but why were you reluctant to claim that you were Cyndaquil?

Esthr: Scummy, for the reasons I gave earlier.

jimbob: I thought he was townie yesterday, and his actions today made me more certain of that. In particular, scum would have nothing to gain from trying to determine whether I poisoned the gift: the useful gift is only useful for townies (and perhaps for third parties, if there are any), so scum!jimbob would have just not used the gift. Plus he voted Sabrar.

mpolo: Hasn't posted a lot here due to being more involved in Dollhouse. But he voted Sabrar, so I'm putting him as slightly townie.


Town
jimbob
mpolo
adnapemit
Carlington
dimochka
Esthr
Scum

Vote: Esthr

User avatar
adnapemit
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:05 am UTC
Location: The wrong timezone.

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby adnapemit » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:07 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:could you reveal what Aurorus did? How do you plan to use your ability going forward (no need to reveal who you plan to target)?

Aurorus could freeze another player and remove their vote for a day. I would also not be able to vote. I haven't decided who I'll target yet because I can only think of a few situations where it would be useful. I may not target anyone.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Do you plan on targeting me again tonight?

No. Because I can't, it's once per player.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: I actually know exactly what the thing you gave me does and the alternative (i.e. kill me) thanks to my ability.

Oh good I was beginning to think your ability was wasted by too many people targeting you at once.

SirGabriel wrote:I don't think I can be any more clear about this without publicly revealing my role.
Is there much more to it than you have revealed already or can be guessed?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Esthr mentioned that dimochka is pretty much confirmed town due to how much Sabrar tunneled on him. I disagree slightly, in that he could be scum from a different faction (e.g a serial killer etc - for the record I doubt an SK is likely, but this just an example). However, it does suggest that he is not mafia.

I think it might be more likely that dimochka is not mafia than is but I am not putting it as impossible. There was plenty of time to remove votes before dimochka got lynched... although dimochka's offer to hammer himself would have made it quicker if one more person voted.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:07 pm UTC

adnapemit wrote:
SirGabriel wrote:I don't think I can be any more clear about this without publicly revealing my role.
Is there much more to it than you have revealed already or can be guessed?

I give gifts, either useful ones or deadly ones. Pretty much the only thing I haven't revealed is what the useful one does.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby mpolo » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:44 pm UTC

The interaction between jimbob (who I mostly trusted anyway) and SirGabriel (who I was starting to wonder about) is making it look likely that SirGabriel is town.

Of emlightened voters, that would leave us only Esthr. She looks somewhat scummy just by connotation.

Carlington was voting Esthr, and generally seems townie.

dimochka didn't vote, which could be a convenient place to hide. There was a lot of attention going that way early on, until the role-claim.

Which is giving me about the same town-scum list as SirGabriel at the moment. Not sure whether that's a good or bad thing:

Town
jimbob
adnapemit
SirGabriel
Carlington
dimochka
Esthr
Scum
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Esthr
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Last Corridor

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby Esthr » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:09 pm UTC

Emlightened was close to being lynched on D1, but after Sabrar's flip she would have looked much better for town. I don't think it's impossible that she was the actual target on N1.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Esthr mentioned that dimochka is pretty much confirmed town due to how much Sabrar tunneled on him. I disagree slightly, in that he could be scum from a different faction (e.g a serial killer etc - for the record I doubt an SK is likely, but this just an example). However, it does suggest that he is not mafia.

I don't think there is a second anti-town faction, but I agree he could be an independent. In particular, his power would be very useful to a survivor. A jester wouldn't claim to self-hammer, so that seems less likely.

Questions:

adnapemit wrote:I targeted jimbobmacdoodle. I gave him the no lynch because I didn't think anyone would vote for him anyway.
adnapemit wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:could you reveal what Aurorus did? How do you plan to use your ability going forward (no need to reveal who you plan to target)?

Aurorus could freeze another player and remove their vote for a day. I would also not be able to vote. I haven't decided who I'll target yet because I can only think of a few situations where it would be useful. I may not target anyone.

I'm confused. You gave jimbob immunity from the lynch today, right? Is Aurorus the same ability and we have two less votes today?

Carlington wrote:I see no harm in answering that question. Raichu could use thundershock to interrogate one Pokémon per night. But electricity ~does things~ to a Pokémon's mind, so my results would to unreliable - I would have a 50/50 chance of being given a correct alignment (town/non-town) and a Pokémon name selected at random from all 721, or an incorrect alignment and a correct Pokémon name. That ability didn't seem as useful to me as the one I chose, as I felt that I would be less able to make use of my results.

Maybe I missed something, but is there a reason not to post your result yet?

SirGabriel wrote:I give gifts, either useful ones or deadly ones. Pretty much the only thing I haven't revealed is what the useful one does.

Would you mind saying what the deadly item is and does? Or does that information reveal something about the useful item?

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: PyPokemon 2 [Day 2: Kanto's Charisma]

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:05 pm UTC

Esthr wrote:
adnapemit wrote:I targeted jimbobmacdoodle. I gave him the no lynch because I didn't think anyone would vote for him anyway.
adnapemit wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:could you reveal what Aurorus did? How do you plan to use your ability going forward (no need to reveal who you plan to target)?

Aurorus could freeze another player and remove their vote for a day. I would also not be able to vote. I haven't decided who I'll target yet because I can only think of a few situations where it would be useful. I may not target anyone.

I'm confused. You gave jimbob immunity from the lynch today, right? Is Aurorus the same ability and we have two less votes today?

Aurorus was one of the two roles she rejected.

Esthr wrote:
Carlington wrote:I see no harm in answering that question. Raichu could use thundershock to interrogate one Pokémon per night. But electricity ~does things~ to a Pokémon's mind, so my results would to unreliable - I would have a 50/50 chance of being given a correct alignment (town/non-town) and a Pokémon name selected at random from all 721, or an incorrect alignment and a correct Pokémon name. That ability didn't seem as useful to me as the one I chose, as I felt that I would be less able to make use of my results.

Maybe I missed something, but is there a reason not to post your result yet?

Raichu was also a rejected role.

Esthr wrote:
SirGabriel wrote:I give gifts, either useful ones or deadly ones. Pretty much the only thing I haven't revealed is what the useful one does.

Would you mind saying what the deadly item is and does? Or does that information reveal something about the useful item?

The deadly item appears the same as the useful item to the recipient, until he chooses to use it, in which case it will kill him instead of having its normal effect.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ConMan and 6 guests