Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (Game Over)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

jimbobmacdoodle

Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (Game Over)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:03 pm UTC

The Wheel of Time:
The Horn of Valere

Setup rules:
Spoiler:
  1. Speed: 5-7 day Days. 2-3 day Nights. Days will not end on weekend, and nights will include at least 24 hours of weekday (i.e. a Friday start will see a Monday finish). Deadline extensions given when needed. Lurkers will be replaced after modprod.
  2. Bastardry: May include alignment or win-condition changing roles. Some hidden mechanics may be present. The mod will speak no word that is not true. What conclusions you draw from that is up to you. Unlike Aes Sedai, the mod will not deliberately try to mislead you though!
  3. This game has one town faction. The town faction wins when all anti-town factions are eliminated. Their win condition is "You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated."
  4. This game has at least one anti-town faction. Anti-town factions win when town and all rival anti-town factions are defeated.
  5. This game may or may not have third-party factions. Their win conditions may or may not coincide with town/anti-town win conditions. A third-party faction win does not prevent a win for one of the other factions.
  6. There are no spoiler-reading or PM-listening type roles.
  7. No role is guaranteed to be sane.
  8. No role may self-target or target dead players unless otherwise specified.
  9. Role reveals are made the morning following death.

Voting rules:
Spoiler:
  1. Votes and questions must be posted in bold and on a new line, like this:

Vote: jimbobmacdoodle

You must unvote to change votes, in bold and on a new line, like this:

Unvote
    Vote: Suzaku

2. When someone gains a majority of the votes, they are automatically lynched, and daytime automatically ends whether or not the mod or co-mod is online to declare day-end. Posting after the hammer vote is not allowed, even if the hammer-vote was accidental. If you see that a hammer vote has been placed, please delete any post you were going to post. It is ok to post simply to indicate that a hammer vote was placed.
  3. If deadline is reached and no player has a majority of the votes, then the person with the most votes is lynched. If the votals are tied, then the player with the most who reached that total first will be lynched, unless all players have voted and exactly 2 people have been voted for. In that special case, there will be no lynch. If you don't understand this, please ask for clarification.
  4. You can vote to "NL" (no lynch). If "NL" gets the majority of the votes (or wins a tied votal), no one will be lynched.

Posting rules:
Spoiler:
  1. No posting in this thread unless you are playing in it.
  2. No talking about this game except in this thread or in an appropriately titled spoiler in the discussion thread.
  3. No editing your posts. For any reason, at any time unless explicitly told to do so by the mod or co-mod.
  4. Do not lurk! Lurkers risk being replaced.
  5. You may post in thread until a hammer vote is placed or the mod or co-mod declare the day over. The mod will not declare day over until after the deadline.
  6. If all players explicit say they are happy to end the day early, e.g. because of an unbreakable tie, the mod may end the day before the deadline.
  7. You may not quote directly from your role PM or anything else from the mod or co-mod. Paraphrasing is fine.
  8. Only use bold text for voting, unvoting, asking the mod questions or stating important information (e.g. being away for 2-3 days). FoSses and similar may also be in bold.
  9. No reading spoilered posts for this game in the discussion thread.
  10. Mod statements (apart from these rules) will be posted in bold.

Death rules:
Spoiler:
  1. You’re alive until the mod tells you that you're dead, by PM or in thread.
  2. Once you die, you may no longer post in this thread, but you may read spoilers in the discussion thread. That is your consolation prize.
  3. Any exceptions to these rules will be explicitly stated in a player's role PM.

Private Message rules:
Spoiler:
  1. You can ask the mod questions by PM if you'd rather not ask in thread.
  2. No PMing other players concerning this game unless your role specifically allows it and you CC the mod and co-mod in every
    communication.

Miscellaneous:
Spoiler:
  1. If the game lasts to this year's Madness/Reckoning/Random Other Name the game may be paused. This will be discussed with the players and announced nearer the time.

Flavour:
Spoiler:
  1. Flavour will be posted in italics.
  2. As lynching wasn't a particularly common thing in the Wheel of Time universe, a lynched or otherwise killed player may for purposes of flavour not be killed, but may be thrown into a dark cell, exiled, or otherwise removed from the scene of action. In any case, the mod will refer to them as being "dead" for clarity in bold.
  3. Characters mentioned in flavour may not be present in the game.
  4. The mod may include hints as to night actions in the flavour text, but then again may not.
  5. The game is set at the start of the second book in the series, The Great Hunt.
  6. The mod reserves the right to use characters who are not actually present in the book (or even the series), but this will be done sparingly.

Player list:
  1. DiemoMadgeLynched D1
  2. ChaneModkilled end of D2
  3. mpoloDied N1
  4. emlightenedMadge
  5. SabrarDied N2
  6. crucialityfactorDied N2
  7. kaliraLynched D2
  8. Carlington
  9. bessieLynched D3
  10. Snark Died N1
Mod: jimbobmacdoodle
Co-mod: Suzaku

Role PMs are being sent out now. Please post confirmation that you have received yours and that you have read the rules. Once all players have posted confirmation, the mod will post D1 flavour and the game will begin.
Last edited by jimbobmacdoodle on Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:07 pm UTC, edited 11 times in total.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sabrar

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (Confirmation Phase)

Postby Sabrar » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:13 pm UTC

Confirmed.

Chane

Postby Chane » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:21 pm UTC

confirm

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:27 pm UTC

*Confirms.*
The Seven Wonders of the World:
To see
To hear
To touch
To taste
To feel
To laugh
And to love

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:36 pm UTC

Confirmed. And I actually read the rules this time!

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:49 pm UTC

Confirmation station.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

kalira

Postby kalira » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:17 pm UTC

Confirmatory.

kalira

Postby kalira » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:22 pm UTC

Quick request before game start: could any players without avatars add one? It makes it a lot easier to quickly recognize who's posting and not get people mixed up if we all have them. Not saying you have to, but I know I (and hopefully others) would appreciate. (Especially since there are a few people I don't know and I'm horrible with names!)

*backs away before she is balefired by the mod/comod*

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:40 pm UTC

Mod voice on

No worries, bessie, we don't use balefire around here.

Also, please do what jimbob says and not what he does; copy me on any PMs, please.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:44 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote:Also, please do what jimbob says and not what he does; copy me on any PMs, please.
:P
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:58 pm UTC

Confirming! Im currently back in Ireland so might not be around much till Sunday
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:20 am UTC

Confirm!
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:14 am UTC

Confirm.

I'm horrible with names too. That makes at least three of us. :wink:

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:52 am UTC

Confirm.
Image <-- Evil experiment

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:31 pm UTC

Day 1- The Amyrlin Arrives

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Hills of Kintara. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

North the blustery wind blew from the ruins of a long-gone nation. Into the realm of Andor it swept, across fields and meadows where farmers were hard at work, caring for fields of ripening grain or protecting sheep from the ever-present wolves of the countryside. Past tiny hamlets and small market towns it blew, long grass waving in the warm summer's breeze. Onward, it continued its northerly path, where the stunning sight of the great city of Caemlyn was to be seen, sturdy walls and thousands of homes and workplaces of the New City surrounding the magnificent Ogier-built buildings of the Inner City, the centre of which crowned with the Royal Palace, flags with the White Lion of Andor unfurled through the wind's presence.

Past the city, the wind carried on further north still along a wide paved road with merchants and other weary travellers glad of the refreshing cool that the wind brought. As the realm of Andor was left behind, the wind began swirling its way between the great trees of the Braem Wood. More villages dot its path, the inhabitants all hard at work trying to eke out a living from the woodland. A newcomer to the region would have thought that the beauty of Caemlyn could be unmatched, but as the wind flew past the massive heights of the cloud-topped Dragonmount, the splendour of white-walled Tar Valon, with the pinnacle of architecture that made the home of the Aes Sedai, the White Tower, came into view. Swiftly, it was past the shining walls, and into the relatively empty lands north and east of this great city.

A more rugged land came next, and on it a small, but regal party could be seen. Siuan Sanche, Watcher of the Seals, The Flame of Tar Valon, The Amyrlin Seat, and leader of the Aes Sedai rode at the head of a group of ageless faces, with men with colour-shifting coats riding alongside and ahead, ever watching out for danger. No large group of Aes Sedai would ever be seen without a significant number of Warders at their side. The party rode steadily, and was gradually approaching Fal Dara, the fortress city and home of the great captain, Lord Agelmar. It was here that Siuan was hoping to find answers to a quest that she had undertaken long ago with her close friend and fellow Aes Sedai, Moiraine Damodred, namely the Dragon Reborn. Moiraine had informed her that she had three young men in her custody, one of whom had shown the signs of being this chosen one. Not only that but she had located that most mythical of objects, the Horn of Valere, rumoured to be able to bring the dead back to do the bidding of the one who sounded it.

Moiraine had returned to the city the night before, and she kept a distant eye on Rand al'Thor, the one she suspected of being the Dragon. He had already defeated, or so he claimed, a member of the Forsaken, the highest servants of the Dark Lord, but he was in denial. Somehow he must be persuaded to accept this, but that would take time, time that was not in great supply, if the Forsaken were already loose from their captivity. Lan, her Warder was training him well in the sword, the boy had a natural gift for it, but the longer he refused to accept who he was, the more likely it would be that the Dark Lord would be successful in killing or capturing him, as a sword would not do him much good without this acceptance. But Rand was not her only concern. The finding of the Horn of Valere was a momentous moment. It had to be kept safe from the hands of those who would misuse it, even those with the best of intentions. It was not safe here in Fal Dara. Like all borderlanders, the Shienarans who lived here were at constant war with the shadow, but no doubt that would also mean that there were Darkfriends amongst them. It was her duty to root them out before the Horn was taken south to the protection of the White Tower. With the Amyrlin Seat's arrival, it would not be long before the Darkfriends made their move, as they must know that the Horn would not stay in one place for long with such a large party of Aes Sedai present to protect it. With little to go on at this point though, could she find and stop them before it was too late? With that she stood up from her seat overlooking the courtyard where Lan and Rand were sparring, and went to speak with the others.

Day 1 starts now. Soft deadline is at 19.30 UTC, Wednesday 16th March.

10 players alive, 6 to hammer
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Postby Sabrar » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:54 pm UTC

Yay, new game!

Setup speculation: if we would have 3 Mafia then Town could afford only 1 mislynch before losing, which doesn't seem to be fair. Therefore I assume that the standard Mafia section has only 2 members. With a power-role heavy setup 8-2 is also unbalanced, so there is probably at least 1 independent (and no more than 2), possibly cult given the bastardry level. Quick meta: jimbob participated in the Dollhouse game I modded that also had 10 players and the general feeling was that including an SK besides the Mafia was overkill, so I would assume that we have no SK this time.

Obviously all of the above was without considering the flavor, I would welcome any input from the players who know the setting. If it's not too much trouble to ask, please include links to a wiki or other such site if you make assumptions that rely heavily on the source material.

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:07 pm UTC

I believe 6 of the following 11 items to be true:

Sabrar is scum

There is only one NK active in this game

The flavor will reference multiple people not in the game

The Wheel of Time is worth my time to read

There is no cult per se, but there will be limited (1 probably, 2 max) potential for recruits of some kind

I am town

Lynches to end by hammer to prevent shenanigans

There are no vanilla roles

Chane has played at least 5 Mafia games here before

There is a Jester

There are more than 5 town
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:09 pm UTC

EBWOP:

Lynches (need) to end by hammer to prevent shenanigans

Chane

Postby Chane » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:14 pm UTC

Well, let me take the page out of your book, pun intended.

I believe 6 of the following 10 items to be true:

crucialityfactor is town

There is only one NK active in this game

The flavor will reference multiple people not in the game

The Wheel of Time is worth my time to read

There is no cult per se, but there will be limited (1 probably, 2 max) potential for recruits of some kind

I am town

Lynches to end by hammer to prevent shenanigans

There are no vanilla roles

There is a Jester

There are more than 5 town

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:20 pm UTC

I bet on 7.

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:17 pm UTC

I can tell that Chane has great reasoning for knowing whether they believe crucialityfactor is town or not, based on cruciality's total of 0 posts so far. You obviously have decided whether you believe it, so I'd like to hear your reasoning.

That, or you just guessed and your post contains no useful information.
To see
To hear
To touch
To taste
To feel
To laugh
And to love

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:18 pm UTC

EBWOP: Probably the latter, honestly, but I'm still curious why they decided to list something unknowable on that list.
To see
To hear
To touch
To taste
To feel
To laugh
And to love

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:29 pm UTC

I missed a word in Snark's list. I'm okay with his estimate of 6.

Chane

Postby Chane » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:43 pm UTC

There is a reason for me to think so.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:51 pm UTC

@Chane: You're basically stating that you know his alignment. Possibilities include:
- you and crucialityfactor are Masons or Lovers or something similar,
- you and crucialityfactor are scum-buddies and this is a double-bluff,
- you try too hard to imitate Snark and just throw random things out,
- something else.

This would be the last chance to admit that you were joking BTW.

Chane

Postby Chane » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:57 pm UTC

I am not scum. While my word means nothing, I say this because it's true. And I love how the first thing you noticed was that. What did I mean by that list? That's for me to know and for you not to find out ever.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:09 pm UTC

I guess I should immediately put out that I am a miller.

I need to read through the flavor and first posts before saying more.
Image <-- Evil experiment

kalira

Postby kalira » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:41 pm UTC

I saw there were a lot of flavorblind people in the signups, so I'll take a shot at this. It's been a while since I read the first couple novels, but apparently I remember more than I thought. If I need to explain something or use a term you don't understand, just ask and hopefully I can explain better.

In case you're wondering, a little spoilerage of the novels below, though tried to keep to minimum.

Where we are: Shienar. Country on the border of the Blight (think Mordor, except if the land itself were "alive" and constantly trying to expand its territory). Blight is corrupted lands, living things either don’t grow or are rotting within it. Shienarans are constantly fighting it, trying to prevent it from overrunning their lands. Their society reminds me somewhat of samurais? Men are always wearing swords, topknots are a thing for almost all men, very martial society. Perhaps notable, I remember it being a law that nobody in the city we’re in (perhaps all cities) is allowed to wear their hoods up (I think because Myrddraal? [discussed later]).

Characters I think could be in game, along with a few thoughts about powers (spoilered for insane length):
Spoiler:
Perrin, Rand, Mat – main trio; fighter, mage, thief. At this point none of their abilities/skills/whatever are at anything more than their infancy. Mat tends to be very lucky and is always the one getting his friends or more often himself in trouble, Perrin is brawny but gentle, Rand is a male channeler (which we find out at the end of book 1, sorry spoilers). Male channelers are pretty much doomed to go insane, and they handle channeling entirely differently than women. I can’t remember if it’s become a thing at this point in the series or not, but Rand does have voices in his head (previous life – makes him question his sanity a lot).

Moiraine, Lan – Blue Ajah Aes Sedai who found the Two Rivers folk and her Warder. She doesn’t always tell the truth, but it’s generally in the interests of good (think Dumbledore?). He’s all about honor; from a country further north into the Blight that was destroyed. Possible one-way lovers? If an Aes Sedai dies, her Warder generally gives up the will to live.

Nynaeve, Egwene – Women from Two Rivers, both channelers. At this point they are untrained, possible any channeling powers won’t always work? Nynaeve is a healer back home (somewhat related to her channeling) and Egwene was training under her.

Elayne? Elaida? – Not sure if Elayne was with the group in Shienar; another channeler, also a princess of Caemlyn. If Elayne is there, at this point Elaida would be too. Red Ajah Aes Sedai (focused on gentling men who can channel – cutting them off from the One Power [source of magic]), advisor to Queen of Caemlyn.

Suian – Amyrlin Seat, head of Aes Sedai. She was Blue Ajah before becoming Amyrlin – Amyrlin is considered to be of all Ajahs and of none. Can’t remember any specifically interesting things about her at this point other than her tendency to spout sayings involving fish (she’s from a country that’s got a big fishing industry).

Aes Sedai with the Amyrlin – I can’t remember who-all was with her, but a contingent follows her wherever she goes. There are at least 13 Aes Sedai with her here. Also, Warders to said Aes Sedai.

Agelmar, Ingtar, Masema, Uno – Various Shienarans who interact with the group. Agelmar is Lord of the city they’re in, Ingtar is another Lord who takes them after a group of Darkfriends, Masema and Uno are two other notables.

Loial -- Ogier; something like 1.5x the height of a man, very long-lived. Ogier are very peace-loving and generally stay within their stedding, can sing to trees to make them grow, still occasionally do masonwork in cities. Loial is a little rebellious; he has left his stedding to travel and be a scholar. He's 90, but basically the equivalent of a teenager in Ogier terms. Not sure how treesinging would translate to a Mafia power.

Padan Fain – Effed up in the head. Very bad man. Darkfriend who used to be a peddler; basically followed the Two Rivers folks all the way here. He was already Dark before he entered Shadar Logoth (bad bad place, evil mist that drives you crazy and twists you if it doesn’t straight up kill you). He’s been found in the city and is in prison at the moment, but he’s about to steal something important.

Myrddraal, Trollocs, possibly Gray Men – Evil creatures. Trolloc is basically half-human, half-animal. Big, bulky, relatively unintelligent, cruel, will eat pretty much anything including humans. Think minotaurs and things of that nature. Myrddraal are relatively rare throwbacks closer to the human side of Trolloc stock when Trollocs breed. Basically look like very tall pale men, but they have no eyes, though they can still see perfectly. They can blend into shadows and move between them at will. Seeing one will often strike terror into an everyday person, leading to their quick death. I can’t remember if Gray Men make an appearance yet. Highly effective assassins, even if you’re looking for assassins, your eyes just slide right past them.

Some Forsaken (the strongest 13 channelers who were Darkfriends at the time the Dark One was imprisoned, all committed horrific acts under him; basically the ones who would have ruled the world under the Dark One; they were caught in the imprisoning as well, but closer to the “surface” of it, so they are released earlier) appeared at the end of the first book, but they’re dead, and we don’t encounter any early on in this novel, so I don’t think they’ll be a thing (though if it does look like we’re going to get into later in the novel I’ll bring them up).

I'll get into game playing stuff after I've recovered from this brain dump.

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:53 pm UTC

I for one support the idea that I am town. How Chane knows that for certain? Judging by the response we've gotten so far, I don't think we're going to find that out. But that part of her/his list is correct.

The setup speculation so far is highly reasonable, especially in light of how Dollhouse went. Even with all power roles, 2 NKs in anti-town hands was too much to overcome in a smaller game. So I would believe 2 mafia, no SK, and possibly a cult with limited powers. I would say that we all most likely have some sort of ability to our roles. I.E. no vanilla townies.

Mpolo's miller claim is odd and early, but I don't see a reason to doubt it up to this point.

I am very flavor blind in this game, so being able to suss out roles/alignments/interactions based on character names is completely beyond me.

Also, thank you kalira for posting all of that. I don't understand like half of those terms. But I have a much better understanding of the world we are in right now.

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:49 pm UTC

Has anyone ever claimed miller D1 and been mafia? I'd like to know the stats of that because I don't recall it ever happening.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:16 pm UTC

It's not a common play that's for sure. In other circumstances I would trust it almost completely however the setup said that hidden mechanics may be present and Miller would be an ideal element to not reveal to the player. Also in Pokemon dimochka just false-claimed PGO while being Town, so people are not above to trying something new. The probability that mpolo is townie is still great but I would put it around 70% instead of 90% right now. I don't know the numbers on this forum though.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:23 pm UTC

mpolo's claim is good. You should always claim things like miller as early as possible. I think of it as quite townie because I have not seen mafia fake claim miller in any game. But there is always a first time :).

Could people please stop claiming power-town? If mafia had to guess who was power-town, that would be nice.

I think those lists are useless, btw. Still, Snark is pretty good at blind picking mafia - so IGMEOY, Sabrar.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:27 pm UTC

Diemo wrote: Still, Snark is pretty good at blind picking mafia - so IGMEOY, Sabrar.
I never said which of those I thought were true. Putting Diemo/Sabrar scum together + 5% likelihood.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:34 pm UTC

Meh. Fine.
--Douglas Adams

kalira

Postby kalira » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:00 pm UTC

Diemo wrote:Could people please stop claiming power-town? If mafia had to guess who was power-town, that would be nice.

First, have people claimed power-town? All I saw was mpolo's miller claim, which you yourself say is something that should be claimed early if true.

Second,
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Setup: Closed, power-role heavy.

If mafia were looking for power town, I doubt they would have to look far to hit *something.*

FWIW, a possibly important thing I forgot to include in my previous post. In universe, Aes Sedai can't knowingly lie. They are master manipulators and can manage to make you believe whatever they want you to think, Moiraine especially (she's a noble from a country with a very complex system of political and social manipulation, even before she became Aes Sedai). Also, not all Aes Sedai are good -- they often have their own motivations for everything they do.

Snark's original list post made me think of something an Aes Sedai might do -- telling the barest truth, but leaving it up to us to decide which he thinks are true, with no guarantee that any of us are correct. No telling whether he actually is Aes Sedai, or if he just happened to post something that made me think of the way their machinations sometimes function, or if this is just Snark being Snark. (I can't remember whether or not I've played in a game with him before atm; it's likely I have, but I can't remember his meta/playstyle.)

Chane is being weird and cagey about everything he(?) said, which I don't think anyone really likes. The fact that he outright says, "That's for me to know and for you not to find out ever" is extra special worrisome to me, since town!Chane should be playing towards trying to get more information out there. Chane definitely seems a little overly antagonistic for this early in D1. Possible jester? Has anyone played with Chane before who can shed light on how he plays (if he's played here before)? (Just looked and saw he joined the forum Feb 21, so I'm guessing that's going to be a no.)

Chane

Postby Chane » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:05 pm UTC

I am a girl. And the reason I am withholding information is quite simple. If you want me to reveal it, I will, but it won't be very good for town if what Sabrar said is true.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:23 pm UTC

2 quick observations:
- I agree with kalira's points about power-roles, Diemo's complaint looked strange.
- I can see a possibility that would make sense of Chane's claims so far and for now I do not wish her to reveal more.

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:28 pm UTC

I think that Diemo saying "Meh, fine." after his previous question is pinging me slightly, but it might just be a faulty scumdar.

Although Sabrar could be scum, he's generally a logical player even when he is, so I'll trust his judgement. (Not completely, obviously, but I expect that scum!sabrar would probably do the same thing here as town!Sabrar.)
To see
To hear
To touch
To taste
To feel
To laugh
And to love

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:36 pm UTC

kalira wrote:
Diemo wrote:Could people please stop claiming power-town? If mafia had to guess who was power-town, that would be nice.

First, have people claimed power-town? All I saw was mpolo's miller claim, which you yourself say is something that should be claimed early if true.

Two people have claimed power-town. Though in light of the setup spec about it being a power-heavy setup it is not as bad as I thought. When I went back to check both of the people who I thought had claimed power town had done so in the bullshit lists, so, meh.

enlightened wrote:I think that Diemo saying "Meh, fine." after his previous question is pinging me slightly, but it might just be a faulty scumdar.

I am seriously not worried about Snark thinking me and Sabrar are 5% more likely to be a scum team.

Also, fuck macs and their autocorrect! I have switched it off twice and it is still showing up.
--Douglas Adams

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:44 pm UTC

kalira wrote:FWIW, a possibly important thing I forgot to include in my previous post. In universe, Aes Sedai can't knowingly lie. They are master manipulators and can manage to make you believe whatever they want you to think, Moiraine especially (she's a noble from a country with a very complex system of political and social manipulation, even before she became Aes Sedai). Also, not all Aes Sedai are good -- they often have their own motivations for everything they do.

Snark's original list post made me think of something an Aes Sedai might do -- telling the barest truth, but leaving it up to us to decide which he thinks are true, with no guarantee that any of us are correct. No telling whether he actually is Aes Sedai, or if he just happened to post something that made me think of the way their machinations sometimes function, or if this is just Snark being Snark. (I can't remember whether or not I've played in a game with him before atm; it's likely I have, but I can't remember his meta/playstyle.)
Seems reaching buuuuuuuuuuuttttt.....

kalira wrote:FWIW, a possibly important thing I forgot to include in my previous post. In universe, Aes Sedai can't knowingly lie.
On the 0.05% chance that the mod really messed up balancing this game and scum can't lie, I'd like everyone to say they're town in a non-ambiguous way AND then also separately say something provably and obviously false in all cases. I'm assuming Aes Sedai = mafia?

This does not count as content so put your town claims alongside something of actual value please.

My statements:

I am town.

I am not non-town.

I am town, am aligned with town and do not expect to not be unless someone else's actions change that and I have no reason to believe I am any more likely than anyone else to have my alignment change.

There are 12 players in this game.

The moderator of this game is Misnomer.

Return to “Mafia”