Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (Game Over)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D2)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:36 pm UTC

Night 2 - Gathering Storm

Nynaeve could sense a storm coming, yet her eyes could see no sign of the clouds that would precede such a storm. This had been happening more and more recently, as she learnt how to use the One Power from the Aes Sedai who were visiting. Arguments had been breaking out between many of those around, concerned at the difficulty in finding those who no doubt meant harm.

She herself had some suspicions, but others didn’t seem to be paying much attention to her thoughts. She was worried for the Two Rivers folk. Perrin had already disappeared, and she was concerned for the others too. The Amyrlin had called together everyone once again to discuss what to do next. As she entered the crowded sitting room, discussions were already in full flow.

“I know who are Darkfriends. It’s the only people it could be,” one man said. “It’s you, and you,” he continued stabbing his finger in the direction of kalira and bessie. “I obviously am not one, and the only way it makes sense is if you are.”

“Fool,” bessie haughtily responded, “the Dark Lord’s minions don’t make sense at the best of times. How can you know what he is thinking?The only way you could know for sure is if you are one of his followers.”

The arguments continued for the best space of an hour. Each person argued from a different point of view and consensus was a long time in coming. Gradually people started pointing there fingers at kalira. Or at least they would have done.

“Where did kalira go? She was there a moment ago.” Sure enough, she had vanished. A search of the building showed her to be nowhere. Guards had seen her slip out of a sally port before they could stop her.

Kalira has been lynched and is “dead”. Role reveal in the morning.

She wasn’t the only one to have disappeared. “Has anyone seen Chane?” A voice asked. Each person shook their head in turn. “I haven’t seen her since first thing this morning.” Nobody else had either.

Two soldiers were sent to her room. It was empty, cleaned out of clothing and other belongings. Clearly, Chane would not be coming back soon.

Chane has been mod-killed. Role reveal in the morning.

Worried, everyone made their way back to their rooms, as darkness fell. Would the storm break tonight, Nynaeve wondered? It couldn’t be far away.

It is now night. Please send in night actions by 18:00 UTC, Monday 11th April. Day will begin shortly afterwards.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D2)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:23 pm UTC

Day 3 - Uncertainty

Everyone soon returned to the main hall after rising. It was not a day to be wasting. Yet despite this, people were worried.

“Kalira’s slipping away certainly leads her to be suspected,” mused Leane to the others. “I suggest we start our investigations there.”

“I agree,” Verin replied. “Come, let us go and take a look.”

The two Aes Sedai made their way up the stairs to Kalira’s chambers, opened the door and walked in. It seemed that somebody had left in a hurry, but that wasn’t really a surprise, given what had been being discussed yesterday evening. A search around yielded nothing of interest, at first. However, one chest was locked.

Quickly, Leane channeled and opened a chest. Inside, beneath some clothing was a piece of paper. Leane read it aloud to Verin:

“You must act now. Find the horn and get it out of the fort. Do so without being seen and so much the better. Remember, the Great Lord rewards those who succeed in their tasks.”

“I think we can safely say that this person was up to no good, don’t you, Verin?” Leane asked. They headed back to tell the others.

“I’m disappointed. They were one of my most trusted soldiers, and yet they were a Darkfriend,” Lord Agelmar sorrowfully said as Leane showed him the letter.

Kalira was Ingtar Shinowa, Darkfriend. Once per game, when performing the faction kill, she could make the kill unblockable. She would also investigate as Town to any investigation.

“And to think we trusted him with our lives when we went into the Blight,” complained Mat. “Ah well, at least they are out of the way, and that is cause for some celebration, I think. Let’s go and get some breakfast.”

“I think not, young Master Cauthon,” Leane replied. “Have you not noticed something? Your friend is missing.”

Sure enough, Rand was not there. “He’s probably still asleep, the lazy bones,” Mat laughed. Verin quickly sent her Warder up to go and find him.

Come to think of it, where was Lan, Moiraine’s Warder, Leane wondered? She went down to the stables. His horse wasn’t there. A few questions to the guards confirmed it. He’d left in the middle of the night. No doubt he wasn’t happy to see Moiraine disappear off like that.

Chane was Moiraine Damodred, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah and Town. Each night, she could attempt to Heal one person. She would prevent that person’s death that night. However, if she was successful, her attempts to Heal someone the next night would automatically fail.

Crucialityfactor has left the castle and is “dead”. He was Lan Mandragoran, Warder to Moiraine and Town. If Moiraine was to be killed (not lynched), he would die instead. Each night, he could target one player, and see the name of one random person (if any) who targeted that player.

Chane and crucialityfactor knew who each other were and that they were both Town. They did not know each other’s abilities.

Worried, Leane returned to the hall. With so many trusted people having left the castle or disappeared, how safe was it here now? Worse news greeted her on her return.

“Rand al’Thor is nowhere to be found,” Verin told her. “There was a smashed vase on his bed and small amounts of blood found on the bedding amongst it. I believe he was likely hit on the head by that vase. Whether or not he survived is another matter entirely. I cannot tell from looking at the scene. However, his body was not there, and I believe it has been taken away. This suggests to me that he is still alive, but locked up somewhere. Nobody could have got him out of the fortress unseen. We have the servants and soldiers looking everywhere now.”

“If Darkfriends have him, I doubt we’ll find him soon,” Leane replied. “We must find those Darkfriends and we must find them now.”

Sabrar is “dead”. He was Rand al’Thor, the Dragon Reborn, and member of Town. Once per game from Day 3, he could use the One Power to kill one other player, during the Day. If he used the ability, he would be announced as Rand and that he performed the kill. Additionally, from Night 3 onwards, he could kill one player each night.

It is now Day. Soft deadline is Friday, 20:00 UTC.

Players alive: Carlington, Madge, bessie. With 3 alive, it is 2 to lynch.

Redundant:
Spoiler:
wot3.png
Flame of Tar Valon
wot3.png (86.37 KiB) Viewed 2497 times
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Madge

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D3)

Postby Madge » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:11 pm UTC

So, I didn't get a dagger last night, but Rand is dead which means if I live I win.

And it looks like I'm kingmaker, since whoever I vote for, the other person will (probably) automatically win.

So, make your cases.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:29 am UTC

Carlington wrote:First off, happy April Fools' Day everyone!

Carlington wrote:I love high-stakes stuff like that, and I was hoping maybe I could bend chance to my favour. If I'm right about mpolo, though, that may have been a bad bet.

These two passages in my posts were breadcrumbs. I am Matrim Cauthon. Having a look at his page which I've linked, you'll see he loves pranks and jokes, hence the reference to April Fools' Day, and he loves to gamble and is known for seeming to be able to bend chance in his favour, hence the second quote.
Each night, if I am targeted, the following can happen:
-With 1/6 probability, the power can succeed and nothing else will happen
-With 2/6 probability, the power can succeed and I am told who targeted me
-With 2/6 probability, the power can fail and I am told who targeted me
-With 1/6 probability, the power can fail and the player who targets me dies.

I believe that on N1 mpolo targeted me and died. I have no name results from any night, which means anyone who targeted me either quietly succeeded or else is dead.

The reason for my power being what it is, is that I am highly suspicious of everyone due to the poison of Shadar Logoth coming from the ruby-hilted dagger I am carrying. Yes, I lied about this yesterday, but I did so in order to add an extra failsafe to the plan - if emlightened had tried to frame cf with the night results, I had a chance at being able to call her on it, since she couldn't have stolen the dagger from Chane.

emlightened, you're kingmaker. I won't be voting for you, although it's possible bessie will in the hopes of endgaming me by either tying the votals or having you lynched. It's in your best interests as indie for the game to end with today's lynch, so you have no incentive to let the votals remain tied. As far as bessie goes - if we reach an endgame 1v1 scenario, my power means that the game will be decided by diceroll or coinflip no matter what, and I don't think either of us wants that.

Vote: bessie
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:37 am UTC

FYI, I replaced emlightened, so I assume when you say emlightened you mean me?

As much as I would like to end the game ASAP without being lynched (and thus winning) I'm a little wary of letting Bessie potentially lose because she's not in a nearby timezone.

You missed something out of your claim - town or scum?
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:57 am UTC

Sorry I did mean you, Madge. I was keen to get my claim out nice and early so I posted as soon as I woke up. I'm town, to answer your question.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:13 am UTC

OK, here's the way I see things:

Sabrar did me a real solid by laying everything out yesterday. I think without his help I would not be in this position. So, as a thanks for that, I feel obligated to vote with Carlington who he pegged as town and is now claiming town.

However, scum did me a real solid last night by killing Sabrar; without Sabrar dead, today I don't have the dagger and I lose (unless I lynch him, I guess - which I suppose I would have done if Carlington had died overnight instead, so scum maybe should have done that since it would have forced my hand?). That said, Sabrar being the "main character" probably had a juicy power, so it was probably in scum's best interest to kill him anyway. (Maybe? I'm not so sure now - but if they thought I got the dagger from Chane then I'd have no need to lynch Sabrar so you know... complicated complicated).

So at the moment I'm leaning towards voting with Carlington because I want to reward Sabrar with a win for his team. And given if I vote Bessie now, unless something crazy happens, the game will end and I will win, I think that's as good enough reason to townside as any.

I'm really sorry Bessie, I would have loved to have given you a chance to make your case and vote, but to be honest I don't want to risk you voting for me and making Carlington decide to trust lady luck rather than lady Madge.

vote: Bessie

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:57 am UTC

That was quick! That's hammer. Bessie has been lynched. Day end post to follow later.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:06 pm UTC

Night 3 - The Black Ajah

There was only one person left who could have the dagger. Padan Fain knew he was close to finding it. That fool, Matrim Cauthon, who had carried the dagger away in the first place still had it. And Fain now knew where the young man was. But first, he would deal with the last of the Dark Lord’s servants here.

The foolish Aes Sedai who had released him needed to be dealt with, now that she had seen off the majority of those causing trouble here. She had had the temerity to let him out of his cell, and ordered him about. Fain would not be ordered by anybody, not even one of the Chosen, and she was far below that. Yes, she would have to die. But how?

The corrupting power of the dagger would no doubt help. Fain made his way to Mat’s room, cloak held up around his head. He could feel the dagger’s presence behind the door. No, he must resist for now. Cauthon would be more useful to him in dealing with the Aes Sedai.

“Master Cauthon, you are needed by Liandrin Sedai,” Fain said, knocking on the door. A muffled acknowledgement came from the other side, and quickly Fain ducked back into an alcove down the corridor.

The door opened, and the young man stuck his head out. “Huh, that servant must have been quick. Guess I’d better go and see what it was about,” he muttered to himself, and went the other way down the corridor towards the Aes Sedai apartments.

There it was! The dagger was clutched in Cauthon’s hands. Cautiously, Fain crept along following Mat towards Liandrin’s rooms. His hands itched to get a hold of the dagger.

After asking a servant where the room was, Mat quickly made his way to the right room and knocked on the solid oak door. Fain couldn’t see her from where he was hiding, but he could hear the voice of the Aes Sedai who had freed him from the doorway as the door opened. Yes, this was working. The woman summoned Cauthon inside and shut the door.

Quickly, Fain dashed up to the door, and slipped it open just a crack so that he could see what was happening.

“So the last of the ta’veren comes to me, I see,” came the smooth voice of Liandrin. “How good of you. Please sit down, I have a few questions to ask.” Mat took a seat next to the fireplace, and Liandrin sat opposite him. “Tell me, what do you know of the location of the Horn of Valere?”

“The Horn? How should I know? You Aes Sedai had --” Mat shut up suddenly. It was obvious he’d said more than he’d meant to.

With their backs to the door, Fain slipped silently inside. Soon. Very soon.

“Come now, you can tell me what you know,” Liandrin purred.

“Why should I trust you? You should speak to that Amyrlin of yours. I’m sure she knows whatever it is you want to know.”

Liandrin’s face soured. “So, I see you have decided to be as stubborn as Master al’Thor. Never mind, I will deal with you the same way as I dealt with him.” She stood, glaring at him.

“Wait you’re one of them aren’t you. What did you do to Rand?” cried Mat, jumping to his feet.

Fain crept up behind the woman. Wide-eyed, Mat saw him. Seeing his glance, Liandrin turned to look behind her, and Fain swung with the club he’d picked up. Liandrin crumpled.

“It’s just you and me now boy! Give me the dagger. NOW!” Fain hissed at Mat.

At that moment, there was a knock at the door. “Liandrin, I must speak with you,” came another woman’s voice.

Hissing, Fain turned to Mat. “It seems you have been fortunate. I will have that dagger soon.” With that, he ran to the window and jumped through. The grass was soft, and so he quickly climbed to his feet. There were Trollocs nearby, he knew. He would have to go and rouse them to storm the castle now. Al’Thor was dealt with, and the dagger would soon be his.

Madge was Padan Fain. She has won because Rand al’Thor was dead and she survived to the end of the game.

Back in Liandrin’s room, Mat opened the door to see Leane there.

“Master Cauthon, what are you doing here?” Leane asked. She looked over his shoulder and saw the collapsed form of Liandrin.

“She was going to attack me, I’m sure of it. She admitted to doing something to Rand.”

“Indeed? Very well, we shall deal with her. Come, Moiraine and Lan have returned and brought Perrin back with them. The Amyrlin would speak with you. It appears that the threat has been dealt with and the Horn can be taken away now.”

Bessie was Liandrin Guirale, officially of the Red Ajah, but actually of the Black Ajah, and a Darkfriend.

Carlington was Matrim Cauthon, Town.

With all Darkfriends dead and at least one Town member alive, Town win. Game Over.

Thank you for playing everyone. Congratulations to Town and to Madge. Full role reveals and game thoughts will have to wait until tomorrow evening, as I have already spent too much time during the day writing this!
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (Game Over)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:11 pm UTC

@jimbob: thanks for modding the game and the extreme effort you've put into the flavor!

@Madge: thanks for siding with us in the end! It would have been very frustrating to lose a kingmaker scenario that only arose from a mod-kill and the <3% chance of the PGO killing two townies.

I conveniently 'forgot' to mention that my reveal is tied to a one-shot vig-kill as I would then have been 1000% NK-d instead of ~99%. Also I had to claim Bulletproof in order to make scum doubt themselves but bessie played very well and called my bluff.

@bessie: out of curiosity if you don't mind giving us a quick summary: what was your plan for D3?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:50 pm UTC

I posted this in Gojoe already, but I had jailed kalira N1. (Almost the right choice. :-() There was a piece of flavor in my death message there that bessie had the option to release Padan Fain from his prison if she chose to do so… I am wondering if she did this and what effect it had on the game.
Image <-- Evil experiment

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:00 pm UTC

Can't believe we rolled 1/6 on both of Carlington's rolls. Also really stinks for the Mafia that their game came down to an indie just deciding to go with Town. Well played everyone.

Also, well done to jimbob, takes a lot of effort to run a game with so much flavor to it! Thanks again for putting this all together!

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:03 pm UTC

Just want to add that it was so devilishly clever of bessie to point me at Carlington like that.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:47 pm UTC

Whilst in jail, Fain was immune to night actions, but had no win condition. They could only win by escaping, which could happen either by mafia killing their jailer (bessie did so) and choosing to release him, or by corrupting their jailer. Bessie chose to release Fain, which actually looks to have cost her the game!

Had the jailer otherwise died, a new one would have been chosen at random, and if already corrupted would have released Fain immediately. Had Fain got the dagger, he'd have gained a kill.

In some ways it was beneficial to town for Snark to die to Mat. Had he not done so, there'd have been a LOT of misinformation around. Snark tried to cop kalira (which would have given no result due to jailer, or town had mpolo targeted someone else). He was redirected to Carlington. Had random chance given a 4-5, he'd have correctly got a No Result, and been able to "confirm" mpolo's action, but that would have contradicted Carlington's result!
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:58 pm UTC

As I posted in Gojoe, I felt it right to side with town after everything Sabrar especially did to help me get my win condition.

Like I said earlier in thread, I had a moment's pause because mafia did kill him for me, but tbh their optimal move would probably have been to kill anyone BUT Rand and hope I didn't get the dagger, because it would have forced me to lynch him on D3.

Thanks for not lynching me the second time! It was fun to come back. I didn't understand any of the flavour but the roles and how they all interacted was really cool!

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:51 am UTC

Also after reading Gojoe, Bessie I'm really sorry I hammered without letting you post (especially since I intimated that I was planning to). Unfortunately I didn't want to risk you voting for me when Carlington had already given me a vote to pile on.

Add to that my genuine gratitude at Sabrar throwing me a bone and wanting to reciprocate (if only so in future games I'll have a history of reciprocation to point to), and the fact that Sabrar thought Carlington was town and Carlington's claim came with a breadcrumb and was for a "main character", I really didn't think there was anything you could say to change my mind, and was kind of worried that you might and cause me to do the wrong thing by Sabrar, and thus ruin the ability to build up a reputation of reciprocating good behaviour.

Hope that makes sense?

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:47 pm UTC

Congratulations town and Madge! And I believe Madge has earned the rare double win, as Diemo/Madge and as emlightened/Madge.

Sabrar wrote:@bessie: out of curiosity if you don't mind giving us a quick summary: what was your plan for D3?

Sure, why not. Original D3 plan was based on Madge lying about her win condition, and possibly having the dagger. Here’s my N2 notes, which I already shared with the mods for their amusement because I had them all typed out anyway.

Spoiler:
bessie wrote:Conjectures:
1. Carlington is Mat and has the dagger. He is a PGO while he has it, vanilla if he doesn’t. I’m guessing the other thing he claimed may happen if he is targeted is that Padan Fain finds him, takes the dagger, kills him, and becomes a serial killer.
2. Sabrar is Rand. On N1 and N2, he is either trained by Lan or protected by Moiraine, depending on night actions. No one tried to kill him N1, so his vigilante training should be complete. If Chane’s modkill is effective end of D2, he should lose his doctor protection.
3. Madge is Padan Fain, serial killer. She gets a kill if she finds the dagger. Her target isn’t Rand, it’s Mat, then everyone else. Madge’s win condition has always been last man standing. Unfortunately, she revealed too much about her role and the night flavor PM she received when she was released, and gave Sabrar too much information.
4. Chane is not an innocent child, not a standard doctor, and should have been an easy lynch on D2. crucialityfactor may have thrown her under the bus to get rid of her, and by extension, saved himself from taking the NK for her.
5. Sabrar figured out the scum team is bessie and kalira by process of elimination, but his reasoning is incorrect and frustrating.
6. I’ve played rather poorly this game. The real Bessie has only another week or two to live, and I was considering asking for a replacement when I found out the first day of D2, but my gut had already told me Chane was going to bail so I stayed. It was really unfortunate kalira disappeared when she did (for totally good reasons), but I feel if I had played a better D2 it shouldn’t have mattered. kalira never came back after Sabrar linked us as scum, and I didn’t distance myself in time.

N2 analysis.
1. crucialityfactor will watch Chane. He already agreed with the plan, and Madge has already revealed that she can search a dead player.
2. So do I play the safe game and kill crucialityfactor? If I do this I can redirect Madge to Carlington, which will either give her the dagger (if I’m right and he has it) or kill her (if I’m wrong he’s still a PGO). D3 is me, Sabrar, and Carlington or Madge. Sabrar and Carlington would lynch me D3 and Sabrar will kill Madge N3. Town win. Madge and I lynch Sabrar D3, I block and kill Madge N3. Mafia win. OR D3 is me, Sabrar, Carlington, and Madge. Madge and I force a NL, Madge kills Sabrar or Sabrar kills Madge, and I kill Carlington or he kills me. Most likely a town win somewhere in there.
3. Other option, go all out on N2. Redirect crucialityfactor to Carlington and kill Sabrar.
Sabrar may or may not be bullet proof.
Madge may target Chane or Carlington.
Carlington may be killed by Madge when she gets the dagger, or may become vanilla if Madge gets the dagger, if either happens crucialityfactor survives.
crucialityfactor may or may not be killed by Carlington.

Factors influencing my decision:
1. I believe Sabrar is not bulletproof, and I have a good chance of killing him.
2. Madge is one of the cleverest players on this forum. Madge knows I’m scum and should be looking for a way to work with me D3.
3. This almost kept me from trying to kill Sabrar.
Sabrar wrote:@crucialityfactor: here's my insurance policy in case I die tonight.
- if kalira is Town then we've lost and I've made a huge mistake.
- if she's scum then bessie is her partner. Explanation: I'm currently deadset on bessie so she needs me dead as she has a better chance of convincing you of her innocence. Similarly Carlington wants me alive as I already believe him but you are still wavering (which is totally understandable).

He is correct that I want him dead, but for the totally wrong reason, and this is very frustrating. I’m irritated that he will take my killing him as proof that his read was correct.

Conclusions:
1. I’m going for the big win: Kill Sabrar, Carlington kills crucialityfactor. Madge somehow gets the dagger and has a kill N3. D3 is me, Madge, and Carlington. Madge and I lynch Carlington, and leave it up to the closed setup as to whose kill is processed first N3. She doesn’t know I can block her and kill her. Mafia win.
2. The big backfire: Sabrar is bulletproof. Madge targets Chane. crucialityfactor beats the RNG and is not killed by Carlington. D3 is me, Madge, crucialityfactor, Carlington, and Sabrar. Sabrar has a kill, Madge doesn’t. Town win.

Hmm, reading through that again, I think I should ask Sabrar not to take anything I wrote personally. Your gameplay is actually very similar to my own, and my frustration stems from my admiration of your brilliant deduction. Also, for those of you that don’t already know, the real Bessie mentioned above is a 15 (aaaalmost 16) year old Labrador retriever.

I think Carlington's vote for me was a little hasty. He couldn’t have been sure of Madge’s power or win condition. Carlington’s vote allowed Madge to make a perfectly reasonable quick hammer and guaranteed her a win. I'm still disappointed I didn't get a chance to try to convince Carlington to lynch Madge. I almost made it home in time, but had an unusually long drive due to passing four traffic collisions. Such is driving in Southern California (that last bit was for Madge, she's a traffic engineer).

Thank you jimbobmacdoodle for the beautifully written game, I look forward to reading the role reveals.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:03 pm UTC

@bessie: thank you for sharing, it was a very interesting read! I find it funny that you assumed that Carlington was full PGO, as I also inquired about this possibility earlier and got a very convincing answer why that couldn't be the case. But your reasoning was rock-solid otherwise.

PS: I'm very sorry about your dog but it looks like he at least lived a long life.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:42 pm UTC

Full role PMs, including flavour:

Rand al'Thor/Sabrar:
Spoiler:
Rand didn't want to believe it. Not that long ago, he had somehow managed to channel saidin, the male half of the One Power, tainted by the power of the Dark One, to defeat one of the Dark One’s Forsaken, the most evil and powerful beings to serve him. He knew the stories, any that meant he was doomed to go mad or to waste away and die. Perhaps if he never channeled again he would live longer, but others said that once you started, you could not resist. He had to get away, escape this madness and protect his friends. Lan had been training him how to use the sword. Perhaps he could become a caravan guard. Yes, that would do. But first, he had to get out of the city. The gates had been ordered shut with the arrival of the Amyrlin Seat and the guards were not letting anyone through.

You are Rand al’Thor, of the Two Rivers. You have the ability to channel, but do not wish to do so. It is hard to stay away completely, and your powers are as yet somewhat untrained. You have a single-use day vigilante that can be used anytime from Day 3 onwards. To use it, PM the name of a player to the mod and co-mod. When you use it, you will be publicly announced as being Rand al’Thor and that you performed the kill. You are also being trained to use the sword by Lan, and your skill is vastly improving. Each night, from N3, you may PM the mod and co-mod the name of a character to kill.

You are a member of the Town faction. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Moiraine Damodred/Chane:
Spoiler:
It had taken her years, but Moiraine was fairly certain that she had found the one she had been seeking for the majority of her life. She and Siuan had been hunting for him since they had heard a Foretelling while they were Accepted. She hadn’t been certain when she picked up the three Two Rivers youths which of them it was, but after the events at the Eye of the World, she was confident that Rand was the Dragon Reborn. She had got as close to summoning the Amyrlin Seat as could be possible without breaching custom to bring her here to discuss him. Mind you, the Horn of Valere was a good enough reason to bring her North on its own. Protecting it was her first priority at the moment, and to do that, she needed to root out the Darkfriends who were no doubt already plotting to steal it.

You are Moiraine Damodred, a Blue Ajah member of the Aes Sedai. As an Aes Sedai with access to a powerful angreal, you have the ability to heal most wounds. Each night you may PM the mod and co-mod the name of a player you wish to heal. If that player would be killed that night, you successfully heal them and they will not be killed. However, healing requires significant amounts of energy. Should you succeed in healing someone, your action the following night will automatically fail. You will not be informed whether a healing was successful or not.

You are also protected by Lan Mandragoran (crucialityfactor), your Warder. At the cost of his own life, he can protect you from being killed, but not from the lynch. You know that he is Town and he knows that you are Town.

You are a member of the Town faction. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated

Liandrin Guirale/bessie:
Spoiler:
It hadn’t been hard to ensure that she was the lead Red Ajah member to accompany the Amyrlin on her trip north. She’d been present at a great council of Darkfriends when it was announced that three ta’veren were to be captured if at all possible and brought to Ba’alzamon himself. She could use her skills with the forbidden Compulsion to help persuade others to assist, if only temporarily.

You are Liandrin Guirale, a Black Ajah member of the Aes Sedai. You have a limited ability with the power of Compulsion. Each night, you may PM the name of one player to roleblock to the mod and co-mod. That player’s ability (if any) will fail that night. Alternatively, you may PM the name of two players to the mod and co-mod. The first player’s ability (if any) will be changed to target the second player.

You are a member of the Darkfriend faction. Your teammate is Ingtar Shinowa (kalira). You win when Town and all other scum factions have been eliminated, or nothing can prevent this from happening. During the night you may chat with your teammate via PM. Please include the mod and co-mod in all communications. Each night, you may collectively choose a player to kill. Please PM the mod and co-mod the name of your target and who will perform the kill. You may perform the night kill on the same night as your individual action.

Perrin Aybara/Snark:
Spoiler:
Perrin was concerned for his friends. Rand seemed to be scared of being around him, and spent most of his time training with the sword with Lan. Mat seemed to be getting more paranoid by the day, and even looked askance at him. Admittedly, so did all the servants when they first saw him, due to his golden eyes. He’d got those not all that long ago, when he’d met the strange former warder Elyas. He’d shown him how to communicate with the wolves. Of course, nobody else would believe him if he told them but their view of the world outside the walls of the city that was now sealed could prove invaluable. Indeed, they had already told him that there were those coming and going despite the city’s gates being sealed. They had seen some people contact a group of Trolloc raiders hiding in a stand of trees not far from the city. The wolves would have killed the Shadowspawn, but there were too many of them for the one pack nearby to take down. They had promised to watch for any more comings and goings.

You are Perrin Aybara, of the Two Rivers. You can communicate with wolves. The wolves are able to identify the Darkfriends who have been visiting the Trollocs. Each night, you may PM the mod and co-mod the name of one player you wish to have the wolves identify. You will be informed if that player is a Darkfriend.

You are a member of the Town faction. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Matrim Cauthon/Carlington:
Spoiler:
Mat didn’t like things being complicated. This whole journey here was madness, and that was before the further trip into the Blight, although truth be told he could remember only bits of the journey - there were massive holes in his memory. Moiraine and for that matter, her Warder, Lan, must be insane. The sooner this whole business was sorted out, the better. Everybody around him was looking at him oddly too, from the Shienaran servants who brought him food, to the blasted nobility. Even his friends looked at him funny occasionally. The only comfort came from his ruby-hilted dagger. It was strange how comforting it was.

You are Matrim Cauthon, commonly known as Mat, of the Two Rivers. You are highly suspicious due to the poison of Shadar Logoth that is emanating from the dagger. Whilst you possess the dagger, whenever you are targeted there is a chance that the action will fail, or that something else might happen. Random.org will be used to choose between the following options: 1 in 6 - the action succeeds with no further effect. 2 in 6 - the action succeeds and you will be informed who targeted you. 2 in 6 - the action fails and you will be informed who targeted you. 1 in 6 - the action fails and you kill the user of the action. If you should lose the dagger, a new role will be assigned to you.

Mat, Part 2
Was not used, but if Fain had stolen the dagger:
Spoiler:
With the loss of the dagger, you already feel weak. You must retrieve it. Each night, you may PM the mod the name of a player. You will be informed if that player has the dagger. If that player is killed by any means, you will retrieve the dagger.

Masema Dagar/mpolo:
Spoiler:
Masema didn’t like the young man Rand. He looked too much like Aiel, that group of people that had so seriously ravaged the lands a number of years back. Mind you, nobody particularly liked him either, but that was ok by him. His duty was what was important. For now he had been assigned to guard the cells under the city’s keep, where several people were locked up.

You are Masema Dagar, a Jailer. Each night, you may PM the name of one player to the mod and co-mod. That night, all actions targeting that player will fail, and any action that player uses fails. You are also generally disliked. As such, you will appear as scum to any investigative power used on you.

Unknown to him, Masema was Padan Fain's initial jailer.

Padan Fain/emlightened/Madge2:
Spoiler:
Padan Fain was in some difficulty. It hadn’t been long after he’d arrived in Fal Dara that Lord Agelmar had become suspicious of his motives and had him thrown into a cell. Some time ago, Fain had been changed by the Great Lord, and compelled to track the Dragon Reborn. This had led him to the three young men from Emond’s Field, whom he had been tracking since. This had led him to the cursed city of Shadar Logoth, a place possessed by a great evil, different from that of the Great Lord. There, something had twisted him again, and he’d become someone more than Padan Fain. A part of him was somewhere in the rooms above. A dagger, taken from the city by one of the Three Rivers folk, Matrim, would be his. But first, to get out of this accursed cell.

You are Padan Fain, an Independent. You are currently locked in a cell in the city’s keep, under the watchful eye of a jailer. Whilst you are in the cell, you are immune to all night actions. Your current objective is to escape. Each night, you may PM the mod and co-mod the name of one player to corrupt. If you successfully corrupt your jailer, he will release you. If your jailer is lynched or killed, a new jailer will be chosen at random. If that player has already been corrupted, you will be released immediately. When you escape your cell, a new role PM will be sent to you.
In addition to the stated way of escaping, if scum killed Fain's jailer, they had the option of releasing him. This happened when bessie killed mpolo N1.

Padan Fain, Part 2, sent when released by bessie from jail at the end of N1:
Spoiler:
You are Padan Fain, an Independent. You have successfully escaped the cell, and are now hunting down your targets. Your dagger of Shadar Logoth calls to you, and the Dark Lord’s power also compels you to locate and kill the Dragon Reborn, Rand al’Thor. Each night you may PM the mod and co-mod the name of another player. This may be a dead player. You will be informed of that player’s character name. If that player is Matrim Cauthon, the carrier of the dagger, you steal it from him. You will receive a new ability if you successfully steal the dagger, you will gain a new ability.

You win if you have both stolen the dagger and Rand al’Thor is dead. You will also win if you survive to the end of the game and complete one of these two objectives.

Padan Fain, Part 3, would have been sent had Fain stolen the dagger:
Spoiler:
With the successful stealing of the dagger, you now have access to a night kill. Each night, you may PM the name of one player to the mod and co-mod. You will kill that player that night. You may not use this ability on the same night as your ability to see another player’s character name. Your objective remains unchanged.

Lan Mandragoran/crucialityfactor:
Spoiler:
Lan would do his duty, no matter what, but staying here close to his lost homeland of Malkier pulled at him. Still, his first duty was to his Aes Sedai, Moiraine. He would protect her at all costs, even to death if asked. One of those under her wing at the moment, Rand, was showing the potential to become a skilled swordsman, given time. Lan was doing what he could to show him the forms of a blademaster, so that he would be worthy of the heron-marked blade that he carried.

You are Lan Mandragoran, a Warder to Moiraine Damodred (Chane). You know that they are a member of the Town faction and they know that you are Town. If for any reason Moiraine would be killed, except by the lynch, you are killed instead. Your alertness also makes you ideal at watching the movements of others. Each night, you may PM the name of another player to the mod and co-mod. If anyone targets that player, you will be informed of the name of one such player at random.

Ingtar Shinowa/kalira:
Spoiler:
Ingtar had come to like the three lads from the Two Rivers. It was a shame that the Great Lord wanted them dealt with. However, he had a more important duty. He’d only just helped bring it back from the Blight, and now he had received orders to smuggle away the Horn of Valere. That wouldn’t be easy though. With the arrival of the Amyrlin Seat’s party, the Horn was impossible to get to. It was going to be necessary to sow fear and distrust among those guarding the Horn so that their guard would be weakened. The help of those who had just arrived would make this significantly easier, as will the trust of the people he had recently escorted.

You are Ingtar Shinowa. Due to the trust that others have in you, you appear as Town to all investigations.

You are a member of the Darkfriend faction. Your teammate is Liandrin Guirale (bessie). You win when Town and all other scum factions have been eliminated, or nothing can prevent this from happening. During the night you may chat with your teammate via PM. Please include the mod and co-mod in all communications. Each night, you may collectively choose a player to kill. Please PM the mod and co-mod the name of your target and who will perform the kill.

You are also a skilled warrior. Once per game, if you perform the faction kill, you may choose to make the kill unblockable. Please tell the mod and co-mod when you wish to use this ability.

Hurin/Diemo/Madge1
Spoiler:
Hurin was a trusted servant of Lord Agelmar. His skills were… unique. He could sniff out evil acts that had been recently committed. His Lordship had ordered him to keep his eyes and nose open, as apparently there was a good chance of Darkfriends making a strike soon.

You are Hurin, a Sniffer. Each night, you may PM the name of one player to the mod and co-mod. You will be informed of who they targeted that night. If they targeted more than one player, you will only be informed of the name of one of their targets, selected at random.

BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:06 pm UTC

Night 1 actions:

Sabrar - No night action. Corrupted by emlightened (no effect on player, but would have released Padan Fain if he'd become the jailer).
Chane - Heal crucialityfactor (no effect)
bessie - Redirect Snark to Carlington; kill mpolo (both successful); released Padan Fain.
Snark - Cop kalira. Was redirected to Carlington (town result), and died to Carlington's reaction.
Carlington - No night action. Rolled a 6 for reaction to Snark's visit, killing him.
mpolo - Jailed kalira (no effect as she was never targeted and did no action). Killed by bessie.
emlightened - Corrupted Sabrar (succeeded). Freed by bessie at the end of the night.
crucialityfactor - Watched Sabrar. Saw emlightened visiting him.
kalira - Did not do a night action. Was jailed, but no further affect as was not targeted.

Night 1 result PMs:

To bessie & mpolo:
Spoiler:
Late into the night, Liandrin climbed down to the dungeon to deal with her victim for that night. The Shienaran guard, Masema, had been placed in charge of the cells containing some of the more dangerous criminals in the fortress, and it was he that she had agreed to dispose of. Despite being a Darkfriend, killing was still somewhat distasteful at times, when other methods were far more subtle, and just as useful in achieving the goal.

“Who goes there?” Masema called out. Liandrin stepped into the light of the guard room torch. “Ah, my apologies, what can I do for you at this unearthly hour,” he said, modifying his tone.

“I have come to speak with one of the prisoners,” Liandrin replied. She watched as Masema turned to pick up one the ring of keys, and as soon as his back was turned, she channeled a club of air, and cracked him round the head with it. The Shienaran guard crumpled to the floor.

Lifting his body with more threads of air, she pushed him forwards into the cell block. Finding an empty cell, Liandrin dumped the body inside, then locked the door with another weave of Saidar. A final more complex weave meant that he would not remember what happened when he awoke, and nobody was likely to look in here for him any time soon.

mpolo has been killed.

Turning around, she looked into the neighbouring cell. Curled up asleep inside she could see the wretched figure of another of the Dark Lord’s servants, Padan Fain. So far, he’d not proven particularly helpful in furthering the work, but maybe he could be of some use…

Having dealt with his jailer, mpolo, you (bessie) have the option to release Padan Fain from his cell. Please PM the mod and co-mod as soon as possible whether you wish to do so or not. You may not discuss this in scum chat before deciding. NB - night is now over, but day has not yet started. I will post in thread when it has.

To bessie after she decided to free Padan Fain:
Spoiler:
Yes, Fain should prove useful to her plans, Liandrin thought to herself. Another quick weave opened the solid door to Fain’s cell. The crash of the door woke Fain up, who glanced up to see what was happening.

“You may leave. Go, and do your Master’s bidding,” Liandrin said to Fain. With that, the creature got up and slipped out of the door, quickly dashing up the stairs, muttering to himself.

To cover up her tracks, Liandrin closed and locked the door again, before weaving a simple illusion to anybody looking in on him. It should take days before someone realised that the image viewed through the door was not that of the contents of Fain’s cell.

You have released Padan Fain.

To emlightened:
Spoiler:
It was miserable in this cell. Fortunately, Fain had fairly frequent visitors from the various inhabitants of the keep above, to keep him occupied, some coming to chat, others to bring him meagre portions of food. Soon, he would have his revenge on all of them. But first, he needed to get out of this cell. A few whispered words to his visitors should do the job. The one that he’d heard called Sabrar seemed like a good candidate for tonight.

You attempt corruption on Sabrar (this may or may not have succeeded).

Sabrar did not seem inclined to let him Fain out of the cell for now, but maybe later. Needing rest, Fain curled up on the little straw available to him in the cell and went to sleep. Some time later, the crash of his door slamming open woke him up.

Silhouetted in the doorway was the hooded figure of a woman. “You may leave. Go, and do your Master’s bidding,” came her silky voice.

Stupid woman, Fain would have escaped on his own. She could die later. Still, now that the door was open, there was no reason not to get out into the fortress. With that, Padan Fain slipped up the stairs. Now, to go and find his dagger, and to go and kill the al’Thor boy. He could feel them somewhere both in the rooms above.

You have been released from your cell. Below is your new role PM. It replaces your existing one:

You are Padan Fain, an Independent. You have successfully escaped the cell, and are now hunting down your targets. Your dagger of Shadar Logoth calls to you, and the Dark Lord’s power also compels you to locate and kill the Dragon Reborn, Rand al’Thor. Each night you may PM the mod and co-mod the name of another player. This may be a dead player. You will be informed of that player’s character name. If that player is Matrim Cauthon, the carrier of the dagger, you steal it from him. You will receive a new ability if you successfully steal the dagger, you will gain a new ability.

You win if you have both stolen the dagger and Rand al’Thor is dead. You will also win if you survive to the end of the game and complete one of these two objectives.

To Carlington:
Spoiler:
Mat woke up, and felt like he’d had a bit of a disturbed night’s sleep, but he didn’t remember anything happening that night. To be honest, most nights he’d slept badly since he left Shadar Logoth, or at least he had on those nights he could remember.

You did not see anyone visit you.

To crucialityfactor:
Spoiler:
Lan stalked through the corridors, wary of those who were no doubt up to no good. He decided to keep an eye on Sabrar, as he seemed like a likely target for somebody to try something on. Indeed, Lan spotted Sabrar coming from where he knew emlightened to be, muttering to himself. It was clear that something had happened there, but what, he could not tell, and he didn’t want Sabrar to know that he had been watching him at this time.

You saw emlightened visit Sabrar.

To Snark:
Spoiler:
Concerned about one of the quieter members of the group looking for the Darkfriends, Perrin was wandering through the corridors seeking out the wolf pack who were not too far from the fortress. As he was wandering, he saw one of the Aes Sedai who had arrived with the Amyrlin coming towards him. As he stepped to one side, she looked at him briefly, then carried on down the hallway. All of a sudden, he felt slightly light-headed, but quickly came to.

“Fool,” he said to himself, shaking his head. “Getting distracted by those Aes Sedai. “Now, where was I?”

It was at that moment that Perrin felt the touch of the wolves at the back of his mind. Reaching out, he established contact with them and sent him the image of the one he was seeking. The wolves sent back that this person had not been outside the walls to their knowledge. Still, Perrin felt that he needed to be sure, so he carried on to the other’s room.

Carefully, he slipped open the door, trying not to disturb the one within who was no doubt sound asleep. Perrin couldn’t see them for certain from the doorway, so he carefully slipped in and walked over to the bed. Wait, that wasn’t right. The person in the bed wasn’t Kalira, but Mat, clutching his ruby-hilted dagger. How could that be?

Reaching out, Perrin touched Mat on the shoulder trying to gently shake him awake. As he did so, Mat opened his eyes, and snarling lashed out with his dagger. In shock, Perrin jumped back away from the bed.

“You crazy fool, you could have killed me!” Perrin said.

“You’re the fool. What are you doing sneaking into my room?” retorted Mat. “You look like you’re up to no good.” As he said this, he stood up, still holding his dagger threateningly. “In fact, I think you should leave.”

“OK, I’m going, sorry that I disturbed you.” Perrin backed away slowly.

“I don’t mean my room. You haven’t been any help at all. I think you should leave the city. Go home, and get away from me.” Mat advanced on Perrin, a somewhat crazed look in his eyes.

“Are you OK, Mat, you don’t look right.” Those eyes had Perrin worried for Mat. Could the difficulty with the dagger not have been fully resolved?

“I said, GET OUT! If I see you again, I am going to kill you.” Mat took another few steps to Perrin, arm out ready to strike. “You are an idiot. I am fine, and can look after myself. You however, have done nothing useful since we left the Two Rivers, and I don’t want you around any more.”

What had gotten into Mat? Perrin’s feelings were hurt. After all he’d done for him. Still, the way things had been going, Perrin really didn’t feel like looking after him any more. In fact, with the way things were going, he was actually inclined to believe Mat and that the others would be better off without him. He was just getting in the way. Quickly, Perrin dashed out the door, before Mat could do anything more serious, and ran back to his room. There, he grabbed what he could of his things.

In the half light of pre-dawn, he slipped between some of the guards, and climbed down the outside of the wall. The wolves would help him find his way home, he was sure.

You have fled the city and are for game purposes dead.

Night 2 actions:

Sabrar - No night action. Killed by bessie.
bessie - Redirected crucialityfactor to Carlington; killed Sabrar (both successful).
Carlington - No night action. Rolled a 6 to crucialityfactor's visit, killing him.
Madge - Searched Chane's corpse for the dagger (he did not have it).
crucialityfactor - Watched Sabrar, but was redirected to Carlington who killed him.

Night 2 result PMs:

To bessie & Sabrar:
Spoiler:
A storm had blown in as Rand was preparing himself for bed. Howling gales rattled the shutters on his room’s window. It was unnerving, especially being so close to the Blight. He didn’t want to think too much about what had happened there. He was determined never to use those foul powers that he’d somehow unearthed, but it was hard to resist the pull. Lan encouraged him whenever they were sparring together to embrace the stillness of the void to help in focusing his skill, but the sickening yet thrilling feeling of the Power was always there enticing.

A knock came at his door. Rand walked over to the door and opened it. Standing in front of him was the ageless face of one of the Aes Sedai present there in the fortress. Liandrin wasn’t it?

“Ah, there you are. I’ve been looking for you,” Liandrin said to him, pushing past him into the room. “Shut the door, would you?”

Rand gently shut the door. “Um, hello, what can I do for you?”

“Tell me, what were you doing in the Blight? I’m inclined to believe the rumours of the Horn of Valere. Where is it?”

Liandrin’s gaze burrowed into him, and he felt goosebumps rise on his arms. He opened his mouth to tell him that it was probably with Moiraine or the Amyrlin, then shook his head. He was under strict instructions from the pair of them to say nothing about that relic. “I’m sorry, I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Foolish boy. Don’t try to hide it from me. Never mind. You will answer me.” The goosebumps intensified.

“I’m sure if you want to know what happened, you could ask Moiraine.”

“She left a couple of hours ago.” Now mumbling, almost to herself. “This is getting
nowhere.”

She quickly looked over his shoulder. As Rand turned to see what she was looking at, something hit him hard on the side of his head, and the lights went out.

Groaning, Rand sat up. Where was he? It certainly wasn’t his room. From the little light he could see under the door, it looked like a storage room. And it was dusty. This room clearly wasn’t used very often. He tried to get up, but found he was bound hand and foot and was going nowhere. Shouting wasn’t possible either; he was gagged. What was going on. Surely that Aes Sedai had nothing to do with it? He struggled, but couldn’t get free from his bonds. He was going to have to wait until he was found.

Sabrar (Rand) was killed by bessie (Liandrin).

To crucialityfactor:
Spoiler:
Lan was frustrated. For the second time since they’d returned from the Blight, Moiraine had vanished. She was alive, but what use was it if a Warder couldn’t protect his charge? He’d have to protect the Two Rivers boys then. He decided to settle down to watch Rand’s door for the night.

As he sat in the alcove at the end of the corridor, an Aes Sedai, Liandrin, walked up to him.

“Go and find Matrim Cauthon. He needs your protection tonight,” she said to him.

Before Lan knew it, he found himself stood outside Mat’s door. Funny. He didn’t remember coming here… Still, now that he was here, he’d best take a look in on Mat. Carefully, he opened the door and stepped into the room. Mat was sat in a chair facing the door, hand stroking that evil dagger of his. Moiraine had said that although he’d been Healed, it wasn’t enough to break the link with the dagger and he’d continue to need it for now.

Suddenly, Mat’s head whipped up. With a cry he jumped up and dashed at Lan. That blade was worse than a Myddraal’s blade. Hastily, Lan jumped back and slammed the door shut. Shoving the bench outside under the handle to stop him getting out.

“STAY AWAY,” came Mat’s voice from the other side of the door. “I know what you are up to. All of you. Why won’t anyone leave me in peace.”

Clearly Mat was worse than he should be. He had to find Moiraine. Lan dashed back to his room to grab his pack, then hurried down the the stables to get his warhorse, Mandarb. The guards knew to let him out, and waved him through as he hurried off.

You have been “killed” by Carlington (Matrim Cauthon).

To Carlington:
Spoiler:
Mat woke up still dressed, but lying flat in his bed, dagger clutched to his chest. It had been another rough night, and his sleep restless. He didn’t even remember climbing into bed. The last he could think of, he’d been sat in his chair.

Time to go and check on the others, he thought to himself. As he tried to open the door, the handle barely moved. Huh, it seemed stuck. A bit of jiggling of it and the handle still wouldn’t move. This was stupid, stuck in his own room by a blasted door. A quick shoulder barge knocked it off it’s hinges, and Mat promptly stumbled over the bench on the other side of it. One of the servants must have moved it to clean and forgotten to replace it, and had left him stuck in. He’d have to go and speak to the shambayan about that.

You saw nobody last night.

To Madge:
Spoiler:
The dagger was somewhere in the keep still, Padan Fain could feel it. But where was it? Fain sniffed around. Maybe that Aes Sedai’s room would have it. He’d seen her slip out a short while ago, so now would be a good to look around.

He slipped into the room and took a look around, searching in chests, under the bed, and in the closets. No, it wasn’t here. He’d have to continue searching.

You did not find the dagger.

He went to another room, that of the foolish al'Thor boy. He wasn't there, but there was blood and a smashed vase on the bed. It seemed like somebody else had dealt with him for him.

Rand al'Thor has been killed by someone else, fulfilling that part of your victory condition.

My thoughts on the game and what have you will come tomorrow. It's getting too late now!
BlitzGirl the Primordial

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:27 pm UTC

Just want to say thanks to Madge for doing better with my role than I could have, and to jimbob (and Suzaku) for modding this game. I enjoyed what I was able to play. :)
The Seven Wonders of the World:
To see
To hear
To touch
To taste
To feel
To laugh
And to love

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:05 pm UTC

Thanks em for giving me a good base to work with - I was originally thinking what I could do to stay in the background, then I saw you'd basically full claimed, and I was like, "screw it! I'll do a full claim. I'm not attached to this role anyway, and it will be fun and exciting for the other players".

I GM a nWoD RPG and my attitude to a lot of things is "screw the rules, I'll make the most fun thing happen". Funnily enough I GMed a session last night and I ended up giving the players a vampire guard-with-really-nice-abs to do their bidding because I knew they'd love it.

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:13 pm UTC

My thoughts were basically fullclaim-bevcause-its-my-only-chance-of-survival-because-people-are-looking-at-me, because I can get nervous at mafia under pressure. I also missed that it was likely not Sabrar that released me, so it's a good thing you noticed that, too. Also, congrats on your double win.

As far as GMing, that sounds like it's would often be the best possibility (with the right people). I'm trying to get a couple of friends to start some tabletop gaming with me, but it seems to have been largely forgotten about.
To see
To hear
To touch
To taste
To feel
To laugh
And to love

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:16 pm UTC

It's been a busy few days, so this has come rather later than I'd originally planned. Here are my thoughts on how things went.

Overall, I enjoyed watching the game and seeing what people did, especially early on with all the setup speculation. In particular, I found it amusing how much people were concerned with a cult, and thought that the Darkfriends could have tried exploiting it a bit more, perhaps. Sabrar correctly deduced that I wouldn't put a straight up SK in the game. Probably just as well with the double-death caused by Mat. On the other hand, I was worried that 2 Darkfriends would be rather weak as a team in a 10 player game. Again, it worked out OK, but more by luck than judgement I must admit. I had fun devising Fain's character. I knew I wanted him to start in prison, and needed to be anti-town to help balance things out. Thank you to Suzaku for helping me out in rounding him out. We agreed that if he had only one of the goals to either kill Rand or steal Mat's dagger, it would have been too easy to achieve. On the other hand, it would have been too hard we felt to get both win conditions, so we threw in the survivor alternate. Unfortunately, I hadn't anticipated the "noble sacrifice" of Sabrar to help Madge/emlightened win, meaning that she actually became a pro-town asset!

My main concern was that a mass-claim would make things too hard for scum to hide. Originally, I thought having two relatively minor characters in the game (Hurin and Masema) would give plenty of space for scum to hide in. Unfortunately, with one being mislynched and the other being killed by scum that night, that left nowhere to hide easily. Scum did have safe claims, but they didn't end up making use of them, and it would probably have been fairly obvious with most other claims going around.

As I noted in Gojoe, I was rather disappointed with how abruptly things ended on Day 3, but I don't blame Madge. It did prompt me to consider a possible rule for future games. How would people think of a rule that a day will continue for at least 24 hours before any hammer votes take effect? It would give everybody a chance to share their thoughts before anybody gets hammered, and hopefully would prevent the slight upset that bessie seems to have felt. I think I'd have been the same as bessie if I'd been in her shoes.

Also, would people be interested in more games set in this flavour? I have some basic ideas to run a series of them, possibly with links between the games (i.e. the outcome of them might affect later games somehow), but I'd only do it, if people are interested in such a thing.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:44 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:As I noted in Gojoe, I was rather disappointed with how abruptly things ended on Day 3, but I don't blame Madge. It did prompt me to consider a possible rule for future games. How would people think of a rule that a day will continue for at least 24 hours before any hammer votes take effect? It would give everybody a chance to share their thoughts before anybody gets hammered, and hopefully would prevent the slight upset that bessie seems to have felt. I think I'd have been the same as bessie if I'd been in her shoes.

I think quick-hammering is done consciously aimed to achieve a specific purpose. Either the game is 'solved' in some way in which case there's really no need to wait for everyone's input, or it offers some mechanical advantage (e.g. specifically depriving more time for Town to scum-hunt, like I did in Alternate 9P). It is a strategic act (mainly if Town votes wrong and scum can quickly capitalize on it) that is integral to the game and I'm not sure that taking it away would be that beneficial but I welcome the discussion.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Also, would people be interested in more games set in this flavour? I have some basic ideas to run a series of them, possibly with links between the games (i.e. the outcome of them might affect later games somehow), but I'd only do it, if people are interested in such a thing.

I'm interested in any game :D , but having something with that much flavor is definitely a plus.

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:47 am UTC

I think the idea sounds interesting - I certainly enjoyed the first one, but I am a bit worried about being flavourblind being a disadvantage. If well-managed, it sounds quite fun, though.

(ninja'd by Sabrar)
To see
To hear
To touch
To taste
To feel
To laugh
And to love

Return to “Mafia”