Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Game Over

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Esthr
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Last Corridor

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Esthr » Wed May 25, 2016 12:53 pm UTC

I have not fully read everyone's analysis, but I believe we've all come to the conclusion that either emlightened and Snark are scum, or dimochka and jimbobmacdoodle are scum.

This being the case, I agree we should lynch emlightened today.
- If emlightened is scum, we lynch Snark tomorrow.
- If emlightened is town, we lynch jimbob tomorrow and dimochka the next day.
Either way, we've found two scum. My reason for lynching emlightened and not jimbob is simply that jimbob's insanity would be more useful than emlightened's paranoia.

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Carlington » Wed May 25, 2016 2:18 pm UTC

Assume everyone is telling the truth unless otherwise stated.
Assume emlightened is scum.
Jimbob must be town, by Diemos results.
Diemo must have been sane and neither dimochka nor adnapemit can be sane.
Jimbob can only be insane, since he has both town and scum results, and he got scum on Diemo.
Jimbob got town on Snark, making Snark scum.
Madge cannot be insane, making her paranoid.
Adnapemit can only be naive and dimochka can only be insane, which accounts for the second insane cop.
I cannot be insane, making me paranoid.
Sabrar must have been sane.
Adnapemit must be the third scum.
Esthr can only be naive.
Mikemk can only be naive.
Suzaku must have been sane.
That's three sane cops.
Someone must be lying.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Carlington » Wed May 25, 2016 2:20 pm UTC

It's half an hour after midnight and I've just ruined my chart with scrawling and crossing and erasing and rescrawling. My head hurts. I hope my logic isn't flawed, I'm glad to have worked this out, and it'll be tough to puzzle it out again without drawing a whole new chart. I should try to digitise this.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
Mikemk
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 am UTC
Location: Moving furniture'); DROP TABLE OweMyFoot; --

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Mikemk » Wed May 25, 2016 2:41 pm UTC

Carlington wrote:Assume everyone is telling the truth unless otherwise stated.
Assume emlightened is scum.
Jimbob must be town, by Diemos results.
Diemo must have been sane and neither dimochka nor adnapemit can be sane.
Jimbob can only be insane, since he has both town and scum results, and he got scum on Diemo.
Jimbob got town on Snark, making Snark scum.
Madge cannot be insane, making her paranoid.
Adnapemit can only be naive and dimochka can only be insane, which accounts for the second insane cop.
Carlington wrote:I cannot be insane, making me paranoid.
Adnapemit must be the third scum.

Assuming you're town (not guaranteed)
Someone must be lying.[/quote]
Deputy inherits Suzaku's sanity.
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
Intel i5-750 (OC 3.33 GHz)
8GB (OC 1333 MHz) (2GB HDD cache)
NVIDIA GT 740 (OC 1149 MHz) 4GB (OC 841 MHz)
480GB SSD (120 HDD cache)
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

User avatar
Mikemk
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 am UTC
Location: Moving furniture'); DROP TABLE OweMyFoot; --

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Mikemk » Wed May 25, 2016 2:44 pm UTC

EBWOP: I seem to have messed up the quote, here's how it should be:

Carlington wrote:I cannot be insane, making me paranoid.
Adnapemit must be the third scum.

Assuming not lying
Carlington wrote:Diemo must have been sane
Sabrar must have been sane.
Suzaku must have been sane.
That's three sane cops.
Someone must be lying.

Deputy
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
Intel i5-750 (OC 3.33 GHz)
8GB (OC 1333 MHz) (2GB HDD cache)
NVIDIA GT 740 (OC 1149 MHz) 4GB (OC 841 MHz)
480GB SSD (120 HDD cache)
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Carlington » Wed May 25, 2016 3:00 pm UTC

Oh shit, true. Also, of course assuming I'm town, I wouldn't predicate a chain of logic on me being scum.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby dimochka » Wed May 25, 2016 3:02 pm UTC

I completely ignored any analysis related to Suzaku for that reason. We can assume that he was deputy (because whoever was actually deputy got Suzaku's role and results).
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed May 25, 2016 3:40 pm UTC

Full logic time. I'm going to break this over two posts. The first is the proof that emlightened and Snark are scum, and that Esthr, Carlington, dimochka, Mikemk are Town, meaning that one of Madge or adnapemit are scum, assuming that I am Town. The second will prove that both dimochka and I cannot be Scum.

1. Assume I am Town.
2. Diemo, Sabrar, Suzaku are Town (from their flips).
3. Assume Suzaku is the Deputy (as discussed).
4. emlightened and I are on different teams (different results from emlightened and me).
5. emlightened is scum (from 1 and 4).
6. Diemo is sane (from scum result on emlightened, town on me and 1 and 5).
7. I am insane (my scum result on Diemo, town result on Snark and 2).
8. Snark is scum (my town result on Snark, and 7).
9. mikemk is Town (my scum result on him and 7).
10. dimochka is insane (his town result on emlightened and scum result on Sabrar and 5).
11. adnapemit is not sane (town result on emlightened and 5).
12. mikemk is naive (town on me, town on Snark and 1 and 8).
13. Only one of {adnapemit, Madge, Carlington, Esthr} is scum (from rules, plus 1, 2, 5, 8, 9, 10).
14. Madge cannot be sane (scum results on Carlington and Esthr and 13).
15. Carlington cannot be sane (scum result on Suzaku and 2).
16. Esthr or Sabrar must be sane (only two sane, one is Diemo, and 5, 7, 8, 10-12, 14, 15).
17. If Sabrar is sane, adnapemit is scum (from his scum result on adnapemit).
18. If Esthr is sane, Madge is scum (from her town results on Carlington, adnapemit and dimochka, and 13).
19. One of adnapemit or Madge is scum (17 and 18).
20. Carlington is paranoid (from 7, 10, 15, 19, and scum result on Suzaku).
21. Esthr is naive if she is not sane (town results on people mean not paranoid, and cannot be insane because 7 and 10).
22. Sabrar is paranoid if he is not sane (scum result means not naive, cannot be insane because 7 and 10, and is town by 2).
23. adnapemit is naive if Esthr is sane (Esthr got town result on her, cannot be insane by 7 and 10, cannot be sane by 11, cannot be paranoid by town results).
24. Madge is paranoid if she is not scum (not naive, due to scum results, and 7, 10 and 14).

Important conclusions are 5, 8 and 19. We should lynch one of emlightened or Snark. dimochka and I should both investigate one of adnapemit or Madge.

Please point any flaws in the logic.

The second post may not be written until this evening, I'll see how long it takes.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Carlington » Wed May 25, 2016 3:58 pm UTC

I should be asleep, but I feel like there's so close to being enough here.

Four line proof that if jimbob is scum, so must be dimochka:

Assume jimbob is scum. Then emlightened is town.
dimochka must be sane, as he got a town result on emlightened.
dimochka must be insane, as he got a scum result on Sabrar.
dimochka cannot be sane and insane, ergo, he is lying and thus scum.

I am prepared to vote for emlightened. I think we should figure out the most informative investigations for tonight before lynching, and a good claim order.
I think we should lynch emlightened, and have everyone investigate her tonight as well. Then tomorrow we can either lynch jimbob if emlightened flips town and dimochka the next day, or else lynch Snark if emlightened flips scum, and either way everyone investigate jimbob. Then we know all the alignments, we will be at 2/1 in the worst case scenario and should have enough information on the last day to put it together. In the best case scenario, we'll wake up on D6 at 4/1 with an easy win.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
Esthr
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Last Corridor

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Esthr » Wed May 25, 2016 6:00 pm UTC

Carlington wrote:I think we should lynch emlightened, and have everyone investigate her tonight as well.

I don't think we can investigate dead players, and I still don't understand why we would concentrate our investigations.

I'm open to other suggestions, but if we want to continue our on-going strategy of spreading out investigations, here is my proposed target list.

adnapemit investigates esthr
jimbobmacdoodle investigates dimochka
mikemk investigates adnapemit
snark investigates jimbobmacdoodle
madge investigates mikemk
carlington investigates snark
esthr investigates madge
dimochka investigates carlington

This is not in claim order and it assumes we lynch emlightened.

User avatar
Mikemk
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 am UTC
Location: Moving furniture'); DROP TABLE OweMyFoot; --

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Mikemk » Wed May 25, 2016 6:38 pm UTC

Esthr wrote:I don't think we can investigate dead players

emlightened would still be alive while we investigate before we lynch, but I'm not sure why we'd investigate him when we already know he's scum.
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
Intel i5-750 (OC 3.33 GHz)
8GB (OC 1333 MHz) (2GB HDD cache)
NVIDIA GT 740 (OC 1149 MHz) 4GB (OC 841 MHz)
480GB SSD (120 HDD cache)
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby dimochka » Wed May 25, 2016 7:19 pm UTC

Mikemk wrote:
Esthr wrote:I don't think we can investigate dead players

emlightened would still be alive while we investigate before we lynch, but I'm not sure why we'd investigate him when we already know he's scum.

If we lynch emlightened D4, we cannot investigate her because investigations happen at night, at which point emlightened has already been lynched.

@Esthr - there's no reason jimbob should investigate me because we're both sure of each other's alignments and cop types. Hypothetically if we were scum we would still reveal results that align with what we said. I recommend the following:

jimbob investigate adnapemit
i investigate madge
esthr investigates carlington (this is less important and i'm pretty open to other options)

i do not care whatsoever who does which other ones, so feel free to choose. If you disagree with my choices above please tell me why.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Esthr
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Last Corridor

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Esthr » Wed May 25, 2016 8:19 pm UTC

You're right -- I naively had everyone target the player two places above on the list.

I have already investigated Carlington and got a result of Town. Pehaps switch our targets? Alternatively, I can investigate Snark and perhaps confirm my sanity.

User avatar
Mikemk
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 am UTC
Location: Moving furniture'); DROP TABLE OweMyFoot; --

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Mikemk » Wed May 25, 2016 8:31 pm UTC

I concur with dimochka
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
Intel i5-750 (OC 3.33 GHz)
8GB (OC 1333 MHz) (2GB HDD cache)
NVIDIA GT 740 (OC 1149 MHz) 4GB (OC 841 MHz)
480GB SSD (120 HDD cache)
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed May 25, 2016 9:11 pm UTC

I agree with dimochka. I will target adnapemit. If emlightened flips Scum, claim order isn't important, since it confirms both me and dimochka as Town. Our results will then determine who is scum out of Madge and adnapemit. I'll let someone who isn't guaranteed to be Scum to decide claim order in the event that emlightened flips Town.

I tried redoing my logic for how dimochka and I aren't scum, and I think I must have made a mistake, as I cannot verify it. Adnapemit, you said you'd been able to prove it. Could you explain your logic, please? If it can be shown that neither of us are scum, then we might as well go ahead with the lynch. If not, we should still do it, but some people who aren't implicated as scum in this case (i.e. not dimochka or I) should suggest possible targets for everyone else.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
emlightened
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere cosy.

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby emlightened » Wed May 25, 2016 9:34 pm UTC

Vote: me

It's gonna happen at some point...


I'm fine with being lynched - if that's what it comes to, but does anyone have a plan for how we can find dimochka and jimbob's teammate if I do flip town?

Suppose jimbob is scum. Here's what I get:

Code: Select all

Name        N1                  N2                  N3                  Sane Insane Naive Paranoid Scum Deputy
Sabrar      Scum on adnapemit   Dead                -                               X              X    x
adnapemit   Town on emlightened Town on Sabrar      Town on Diemo            X            X             x
emlightened Scum on Diemo       Scum on adnapemit   Scum on jimbob      X    X      X     Yes      X    x
Diemo       Town on jimbob      Scum on emlightened Dead                X    Yes    X     X        X    x
jimbob      Scum on mikemk      Scum on Diemo       Town on Snark       X    X      X     X        Yes  x
Mikemk      Town on jimbob      Town on Snark       Town on Madge       X    X            X             x
Snark       Town on Madge       Town on Mikemk      Town on Carlington       X            X        X    x
Madge       Scum on Carlington  Scum on Snark       Scum on esthr       X           X                   x
Carlington  Scum on Suzaku      Scum on Madge       Scum on dimochka    X    X      X                   x
Suzaku      Dead                -                   -                   X    X      X     X        X    Yes
Esthr       Town on dimochka    Town on Carlington  Town on adnapemit   X    X            X             x
Dimochka    Scum on Sabrar      Scum on Esthr       Town on emlightened X    X      X     X        Yes  x
                                                                        3/2  2/1    4/2   3/1      5/1  1/1


Potential scumbuddies:

adnapemit: Can be scum, with Snark and Madge as useful cops.
Mikemk: Can be scum, with adnapemit and Madge as useful cops.
Madge: Can't be scum, as esthr, Mikemk and Snark would all have to be naive.
Carlington: Can't be scum, as esthr, Mikemk and Snark would all have to be naive.
Esthr: Can't be scum, as Madge wouldn't have a valid alignment.

Scum would kill Madge/Snark tonight (even easier if they don't!), and then adnapemit can cop Mike, and Snark/Madge can cop adnapemit. Their results will tell us who the third scum is, and job done!

Ninja'd by jimbob: apparently I can predict people's posts.
The Seven Wonders of the World:
To see
To hear
To touch
To taste
To feel
To laugh
And to love

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Carlington » Thu May 26, 2016 12:13 am UTC

My bad, of course we can't lynch emlightened and investigate her at the same time. Since emlightened and Snark are scum or jimbob and dimochka are scum, we can get the same result by lynching emlightened or jimbob and all investigating the player guaranteed to be co-aligned with whoever we lynch.

The reasoning for concentrating our cops is that the last scum is softclaiming either naive or paranoid, depending. Since we have players with known co- and counter-alignments, we can use this to calibrate. We should end up with three players claiming either naive or paranoid, and enough results to figure out the liar.
Actually, since we have four players who are either scum or else we know their cop type, maybe have them investigate the potential leftover scum?

I'm open to hearing that this is a bad plan, but it's a plan.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
Mikemk
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 am UTC
Location: Moving furniture'); DROP TABLE OweMyFoot; --

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Mikemk » Thu May 26, 2016 1:09 am UTC

emlightened wrote:Potential scumbuddies:

adnapemit: Can be scum, with Snark and Madge as useful cops.
Mikemk: Can be scum, with adnapemit and Madge as useful cops.
Madge: Can't be scum, as esthr, Mikemk and Snark would all have to be naive.
Carlington: Can't be scum, as esthr, Mikemk and Snark would all have to be naive.
Esthr: Can't be scum, as Madge wouldn't have a valid alignment.

Would you mind explaining your logic?
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
Intel i5-750 (OC 3.33 GHz)
8GB (OC 1333 MHz) (2GB HDD cache)
NVIDIA GT 740 (OC 1149 MHz) 4GB (OC 841 MHz)
480GB SSD (120 HDD cache)
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Carlington » Thu May 26, 2016 2:11 am UTC

@Mikemk
If I'm following emlightened properly, then:

We can clear players by assuming they're scum and working backwards. If we reach a contradiction then that player cannot be scum.
Assume jimbob is scum.
As shown above, dimochka is scum.
Then, by assuming each player is scum, test for contradictions.
Assume I am scum, then three people must be naive and none of them can be scum. Therefore, I cannot be scum.
Assume Madge is scum, then the same contradiction occurs. Therefore, Madge cannot be scum.
Assume you are scum, then no contradiction occurs if adnapemit and Madge are both useful cops. Therefore we cannot rule out you being scum.
Assume adnapemit is scum, then no contradiction occurs if Snark and Madge are useful cops. Therefore we cannot rule out adnapemit being scum.
Assume Esthr is scum, then there are no cops that Madge can be and she must be scum, but we already have the three scum. Therefore Esthr cannot be scum.

Emlightened is town by our initial assumption.
I don't have time to run the same analysis on Snark because I start work in 4 minutes 30 seconds, I'll post in about 2 hours unless someone posts it first
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Carlington » Thu May 26, 2016 8:11 am UTC

The logic, as promised:
Assume jimbob and dimochka are scum
Logic for the other players is outlined in my last post.
Assume Snark is scum.
Madge and I both have results which mean we must be insane or paranoid.
If Snark and dimochka are both scum, neither me nor Madge can be insane, so must both be paranoid.
emlightened cannot be sane (scum on Diemo)
emlightened cannot be insane (scum on jimbob)
emlightened cannot be naive (at least one scum result)
emlightened must be paranoid
This makes three paranoid cops, none of whom can be scum in this scenario, as all of their names have been cleared.
Thus, Snark cannot be the third member of scumteam{jimbob, dimochka, ???}
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Carlington » Thu May 26, 2016 8:46 am UTC

I don't think this has been done yet for the universe where emlightened is scum
If emlightened is scum so is Snark, this has been proven
Jimbob is town, and insane
Mikemk is town and naive
Diemo was sane
Remaining possible scum: adnapemit, Carlington, Madge, Esthr, dimochka.
Assume adnapemit is scum
Dimochka must be insane
Madge and I are paranoid
Sabrar is sane
Adnapemit is paranoid
Thus adnapemit can be scum

Assume Madge is scum
Dimochka must be insane
Adnapemit is naive
Esthr is naive
Three naive cops, Madge cannot be scum

I cannot be scum or there's three paranoid cops

Dimochka cannot be scum or there's three sane cops

Sorry for abbreviating, I'm running out of time again. Feel free to follow through the logic for yourself, it should be well explained by now.

Esthr as scum leads to no contradictions.

Thus the scumteam is {jimbob, dimochka, (Mikemk | adnapemit)} or {emlightened, Snark, (adnapemit | Esthr)}
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu May 26, 2016 9:22 am UTC

You're wrong Carlington, or my logic in this post is incorrect (and I've double and triple checked it).

Your conclusion on Madge not being scum is wrong. Esthr is Sane if Madge is scum, along with Diemo. Sabrar and you are paranoid in this instance, adnapemit and mikemk naive, me and dimochka insane and Snark, emlightened and Madge scum.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu May 26, 2016 9:26 am UTC

Just to round off that last statement with a proof that Esthr can't be scum if I and dimochka are town:

As demonstrated, emlightened and Snark are scum.
Assume Esthr is Scum.
Dimochka is Sane (Scum result on Esthr, plus different results).
But dimochka is not Sane because he got Scum on Sabrar.
Therefore Esthr is not Scum, if me and dimochka are Town.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby mpolo » Thu May 26, 2016 2:02 pm UTC

Votals: emlightened (2): Mikemk, emlightened

Night actions are coming a bit slow. Are you all ready for the deadline tomorrow?
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Carlington » Thu May 26, 2016 2:49 pm UTC

Sorry, you're right jimbob. I agree, and I remember having drawn the same conclusion previously from a different direction. I must have messed up my logic this time around, which is unsurprising given how much I was rushing.
In the scum!emlightened-verse, the scumteam is {emlightened, Snark, (Madge | adnapemit)}

I am about to submit my action. Esthr, have you submitted yours? I think there's one particularly good choice you could make in terms of who to cop. I'll be investigating adnapemit, in case that helps you make your choice at all. I can elaborate if needed but only if needed.
I also think adnapemit should claim first tomorrow. Then if emlightened flips scum, Madge claims second. Snark needn't bother claiming, and jimbob, dimochka, Esthr and I should claim in some order. If emlightened flips town then neither jimbob nor dimochka need bother claiming. Mikemk claims second, then Snark, Esthr and I.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu May 26, 2016 2:57 pm UTC

To be honest, if emlightened flips scum, I see no reason for dimochka and I not to claim, as our results will say who the remaining scum is. I imagine it would be similar for the reverse case (i.e. emlightened flips town), though I haven't bothered figuring out who the cops are, and haven't been following that logic too heavily.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Mikemk
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 am UTC
Location: Moving furniture'); DROP TABLE OweMyFoot; --

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Mikemk » Thu May 26, 2016 3:05 pm UTC

Who should I be investigating? Does it matter?
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
Intel i5-750 (OC 3.33 GHz)
8GB (OC 1333 MHz) (2GB HDD cache)
NVIDIA GT 740 (OC 1149 MHz) 4GB (OC 841 MHz)
480GB SSD (120 HDD cache)
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu May 26, 2016 3:12 pm UTC

Mikemk wrote:Who should I be investigating? Does it matter?
I don't think it does. From my point of view, you are naive, and I believe emlightened's chart (where I am scum) has you as naive or scum. You should still submit something though, and not a duplicate action. Best bet is probably me, since when emlightened flips, I will be guaranteed town (if scum flip) or scum (if town flip). That would confirm your naivety. However, others might have better ideas.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Carlington » Thu May 26, 2016 3:24 pm UTC

I just did more logic. I've been overcomplicating it.
If emlightened flips scum, only adnapemit and Madge can be the last scum.
Adnapemit must be naive - town results on Diemo and Sabrar rule out insane, town on emlightened rules out sane, town results rule out paranoid.
Mikemk must be naive - town on Snark rules out sane, town on jimbob rules out insane, town rules out paranoid.
Esthr must be naive - town on emlightened rules out sane, town on dimochka and I rules out insane, town rules out naive.

Esthr can't be scum in any case, like myself. Mikemk can only be scum with jimbob and dimochka. Thus if emlightened flips scum we lynch Snark and adnapemit.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
Mikemk
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 am UTC
Location: Moving furniture'); DROP TABLE OweMyFoot; --

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Mikemk » Thu May 26, 2016 3:26 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Mikemk wrote:Who should I be investigating? Does it matter?
I don't think it does. From my point of view, you are naive, and I believe emlightened's chart (where I am scum) has you as naive or scum. You should still submit something though, and not a duplicate action. Best bet is probably me, since when emlightened flips, I will be guaranteed town (if scum flip) or scum (if town flip). That would confirm your naivety. However, others might have better ideas.

I already investigated you and got town.

In fact, that I got town on both you and snark is why I'm assumed naive.

I'll investigate panda.
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
Intel i5-750 (OC 3.33 GHz)
8GB (OC 1333 MHz) (2GB HDD cache)
NVIDIA GT 740 (OC 1149 MHz) 4GB (OC 841 MHz)
480GB SSD (120 HDD cache)
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

User avatar
Mikemk
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 am UTC
Location: Moving furniture'); DROP TABLE OweMyFoot; --

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Mikemk » Thu May 26, 2016 3:27 pm UTC

We need 3 more lynch votes.
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
Intel i5-750 (OC 3.33 GHz)
8GB (OC 1333 MHz) (2GB HDD cache)
NVIDIA GT 740 (OC 1149 MHz) 4GB (OC 841 MHz)
480GB SSD (120 HDD cache)
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby dimochka » Thu May 26, 2016 3:40 pm UTC

How about this for the order of investigations:

adnapemit investigates carlington (if somehow emlightened flips town, this could be a useful alignment to know)
jimbob investigates adnapemit (will answer some questions)
mikemk investigates esthr (FMPOV it doesn't matter because I know him to be naive)
snark investigates dimochka (if i'm somehow lying, i think snark has a chance of being insane?)
madge investigates mikemk (i think theres some version where mike is scum but that once again would mean i'm lying)
carlington investigates snark (i believe snark is scum, and this would test whether carlington is actually paranoid, which again i fully expect him to be)
esthr investigates jimbob (in cane esthr is sane, that will further confirm jimbob and will also help figure out adnapemit's role. if naive... well too bad)
dimochka investigates madge (to test if madge is paranoid town or scum)

If/when emlightened flips scum, i don't see a reason not to claim in any order at this point.

vote emlightened
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Carlington » Thu May 26, 2016 3:45 pm UTC

I need to be asleep, but we're at L-2 at this point with, by word of mod, night actions missing. Hammering at this point is a bad thing.

I'm beginning to be pinged by how rapidly and fluidly Mikemk, jimbob, and dimochka are agreeing with one another. I'd almost be unsurprised if they were the scumteam, were it not for Snark having gone silent.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby dimochka » Thu May 26, 2016 3:51 pm UTC

I am perfectly fine with unvoting if one other person thinks we need more time.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Mikemk
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 am UTC
Location: Moving furniture'); DROP TABLE OweMyFoot; --

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Mikemk » Thu May 26, 2016 5:23 pm UTC

I already sent in an investigate for panda, and due to my naivity, I'm not going to bother changing it.
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
Intel i5-750 (OC 3.33 GHz)
8GB (OC 1333 MHz) (2GB HDD cache)
NVIDIA GT 740 (OC 1149 MHz) 4GB (OC 841 MHz)
480GB SSD (120 HDD cache)
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby mpolo » Thu May 26, 2016 8:08 pm UTC

I have sent reminders to those who have not turned in their actions.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Esthr
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Last Corridor

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Esthr » Thu May 26, 2016 8:44 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:esthr investigates jimbob (in cane esthr is sane, that will further confirm jimbob and will also help figure out adnapemit's role. if naive... well too bad)


I just sent my night action. I don't think this will give me any new information -- I expect a result of town whether I'm naive or sane -- but it probably doesn't matter at this point.

Not voting, in case anyone needs more time for night actions.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 4

Postby Madge » Thu May 26, 2016 11:18 pm UTC

Just sent in an investigation for mikemk
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 5

Postby mpolo » Fri May 27, 2016 6:28 am UTC

I was somewhat surprised when the Irregulars called in Inspector Lastrade. They had become convinced that one of the number at the party was in fact a nefarious agent of the Napoleon of crime. I am sure that the reader can imagine my delight as it turned out that the man they sent to the Yard was in fact the second most dangerous man in London, Sebastian Moran. However, in payment for their good work, the Irregulars reaped only tragedy. As soon as Inspector Lastrade had left the premises with Moran in tow, they found the body of young Jacob Thatcher, who had been stabbed from behind with a dagger by some cowardly fiend.

Emlightened has been lynched. She was Sebastian Moran, member of Moriarty's Gang.

Jimbobmacdoodle has been killed. He was a Baker Street Irregular.


Tentative deadline: Here. My suspicion is that less time is necessary at the moment…
Last edited by mpolo on Fri May 27, 2016 8:55 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Baker Street Irregulars Dethy² - Day 5

Postby Madge » Fri May 27, 2016 6:44 am UTC

scum on mikemk

based on my analysis:

confirmed alignments:
jimbob is confirmed insane (=cum result on town diemo), therefore:

snark is scum (town result from jimbob)

Unconfirmed alignments: (add a "scum" in to each of them)
adnapemit is naive or scum (town result on emlightened and sabrar who are opposite alignments)

mikemk could be sane or naive

sabrar was insane or paranoid (given adnapemit is town; reverse otherwise)

carlington is insane or paranoid (FMPOV, given I'm town. if I could be scum, he could be sane too)

madge is insane or paranoid (4 scum results means can't be sane)

diemo was sane and confirmed town

esthr could be anything except paranoid

dimochka can only be insane, however could still be scum as far as I can tell

~~~

I'm going to hold off running hypotheticals until we get claims in.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests