It was a cold day in October, and a stiff breeze rattled against the windows of 221B Baker Street. After my service in India, I found the day somewhat uncomfortable, and had just lighted a fire in the grate. A middle-aged woman knocked on the door and soon was sitting opposite me in the sitting room.
The tale she spun was strange, to say the least. A secret society, a mountain retreat, a costume party. The only solution that I could find was to call in the Irregulars.
So I assembled a group of the older boys and sent them in. Surely, they would be able to sort out the situation before Mr. Holmes returned.
2. You cannot talk about this game outside of this thread, unless in an appropriately titled spoiler in the discussion thread.
3. You cannot edit your posts or PMs.
4 You cannot quote private messages from the mod.
5. You cannot lurk.
6. You cannot ruin the game for other players.
7. You cannot say, imply, or pretend that a hammer vote has been cast unless it is obvious from counting the public votes in the thread.
8. If you break any of these rules, you will lose, be removed from the game, and shame will be heaped on you.
9. You can unvote before changing votes, but you don’t have to. Only your most recent vote will count.
10. Once a player has received the majority of votes (“hammer”), that player is dead. The day ends immediately and players cannot talk or change votes.
11. Every player has a single vote and there are no vote-rigging mechanics of any kind.
12. In the case of a tie, there will be No Lynch.
13. Votes will reset if there is a modkill. A deadline extension would be given as needed.
14. The mod will give the players a deadline for the end of each day. Once the deadline has been reached, players may still post and change votes (unless hammer has been reached). However, once the mod announces the end of day, all votes are finalized and players may not post.
There are three members of Moriarty's gang. They have names, but only as flavor (no special powers).
There are 2 each of 4 flavors of cops:
- Sane cop: Correctly receives a result of town or mafia.
- Insane cop: Incorrectly receives a result of mafia or town (town cops as mafia, mafia as town)
- Paranoid cop: Always receives a result of mafia, regardless of the investigation target.
- Naive cop: Always receives a result of town, regardless of the investigation target.
There is 1 Deputy (New recruit): Inherits the flavor of the cop who is killed N1.
1. There is no cop head-start, the first investigation will be N1.
2. In order to keep the game moving, scum will have daychat. There will only be a brief twilight for actions to be sent in, they are encouraged to do their discussion during the day phase so as to keep the nights short. You may send actions early to make sure you don't miss it. If needed, these may also include a conditional.
3. Sanity is not revealed on death. Death reveal will consist entirely of "Baker Street Irregular", "New Recruit" or "[Name], member of Moriarty's gang."
4. The mafia wins when they control the lynch and cannot be stopped from killing everyone else. The cops win when the mafia is eliminated.
5. Cops cannot target dead players or themselves. A cop will receive a valid result even if their target is NKed on the same night.
6. You may vote No Lynch to end the day without a lynch.
8. Madge (I will not be offended if you bump me to replacements for balance purposes)
12. Dimochka (well since you said 12...)
You are a member of the Baker Street Irregulars.
You are a new recruit in the Baker Street Irregulars.
You are [Sebastian Moran/Fred Porlock/Neville Parker], member of Moriarty's gang.
PMs are out, and you can begin directly, without waiting to confirm. I will be away from keyboard from May 13th–17th, hence the longer Day 1. I might manage to get on to put this into twilight over the weekend, if Hammer has been reached, but don't expect me to manage to process the night.