Pen Pals Mafia [D3: Dear Zachary]

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Madge

Re: Pen Pals Mafia [D3: Dear Zachary]

Postby Madge » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:12 am UTC

The two cops was such a mind fuck that I still don't believe it.

I'm glad people were rooting for me. I'm sorry I couldn't pull it through, but Sabrar's solution was pretty foolproof. I considered going off script and targeting Flicky to prevent his death but I couldn't see how that would do anything but delay the inevitable =/

Good work town for getting scum on the first two lynches. Gave me nowhere to hide!
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:25 am UTC

Yay, first Town win while being alive! :D Good game everyone!
Madge's flip is such a relief, I was tired of thinking through possible scenarios where she's really just a Survivor. Her pm-s were really great at making me doubt myself.

@Madge: I think claiming Bulletproof led ultimately to your downfall, as otherwise we might have considered lynching someone else and shooting you during the night.

2 Cops is weird indeed, but being almost useless didn't help either.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:32 am UTC

Unfortunately:

1) I didn't actually know I was immune to the NK until D3, because.... I have bad reading comprehension

2) I couldn't think of a good role for a survivor to have other than bulletproof :(
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:42 am UTC

Just finished reading through the Gojoe posts and I'm a bit confused. Who were the NK targets N1? If jimbob is Macho Cop and can't benefit from protection then Madge's kill only fails if it targeted flicky along with someone else but I don't think there were any additional abilities on him. Unless both Carlington and Madge tried to kill him??

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:40 am UTC

Yeah I'm a bit confused about that. I targeted Jimbob N1, then withheld N2, then Emlightened N3.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:57 am UTC

My role was exactly as I said in thread.

You are town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

You are an Insomniac. You stay awake each night and have an ability that tells you which players visit you each night.

As long as your Pen Pal is alive, you may use your action to watch someone else instead of yourself. You will be told which players visit your target during that night.

Your Pen Pal PM will arrive shortly.

Congratulations to town, and Madge had me really worried that we had gotten it wrong! I had already sent in a "Shoot Sabrar" for the night…
Image <-- Evil experiment

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:47 am UTC

Great game!

Do we know everyone's roles now? What prevented the kills N1?
Discord for Forum Games posters (people from other parts of the forum are allowed too :P )
---
adopted by emlightened

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:52 am UTC

Probably mistake by the mod when it comes to SK kill, also Carlington might have targeted Madge who was really Bulletproof.
Roles that were not officially revealed all belong to Town so basically we know them. Some of them also have been posted in the Gojoe thread.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:12 am UTC

Not letting my kill on jimbob through is pretty lame if it was a legit one :( that would have led to a completely different game.

I am indeed actually bulletproof so being the target is a reasonable explanation for the mafia kill.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:49 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:You are town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

You are a Macho Cop. You may target one player each night and learn their alignment (TOWN or NOT TOWN). You cannot be protected from night kills by protective abilities.

As long as your Pen Pal is alive, you have the option to Vigilante kill a target player on even numbered nights (N2, N4, N6...). You may not use both your Vigilante and Cop ability on the same night.

Your Pen Pal PM will arrive shortly.

I have zero idea why I didn't die N1 - Madge could have been roleblocked, but then Sabrar should have got a result N1... Indeed that was one reason why I'd all but ruled out there being a Serial Killer.

I had myself constantly second guessing myself this past game day, hence the thinking of No Lynch as an option. In fact, I think I'd have been tempted to lynch one of my supposed town results instead of Sabrar had there been a D5, as I was pretty certain that there were too many coincidences for Sabrar's role to be made up.

I hope it's clear why I didn't fully claim macho. I would have done if I'd needed to explain things further, but I thought I'd try to keep scum guessing.

Thanks for the modding, Snark and Carlington.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:01 am UTC

I targeted jimbob N1 as well, so I can't understand why he wasn't killed. Two separate players each targeting the same player for NK wouldn't result in the kill failing, would it? Jimbob should just have ended up twice as dead. I actually asked Snark about this in Gojoe after I died, but he never responded and vanished shortly afterwards.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:06 am UTC

Also, flicky could potentially have survived another day if emlightened had submitted an action the night she died. In point of fact, the PM I sent her/everyone at the start of N3 is still in my outbox, and I never got a Role PM from her - I just put her role information together from Gojoe and other players' information, and then she died so it wasn't relevant.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:07 am UTC

So Snark probably attributed flicky's penpal protection (multiple abilities targeting him all fail) to jimbob? Would have hidden the presence of an SK for sure.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:36 am UTC

Carlington wrote:Also, flicky could potentially have survived another day if emlightened had submitted an action the night she died. In point of fact, the PM I sent her/everyone at the start of N3 is still in my outbox, and I never got a Role PM from her - I just put her role information together from Gojoe and other players' information, and then she died so it wasn't relevant.
I'm told em has no internet access currently. I only found this out after N3 though.
Discord for Forum Games posters (people from other parts of the forum are allowed too :P )
---
adopted by emlightened

Return to “Mafia”