Impromptu Mafia - Day 4 - GOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:34 am UTC

Thanks, pays to actually read the rules.
In that case game-specific content: it look like we have the vote-buyer SK in the game. Also it has to be moody or Lovers with moody. Therefore please vote for him.
In case this works:

Unvote
Vote: moody7277

User avatar
matt96
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm UTC
Location: A suburb of Boston

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby matt96 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:36 am UTC

Heuristically_alone, given that you are online now, would you mind explaining why you are still voting for Sabrar over SirGabriel given that the vote buying serial killer appears to want Sabrar lynched, and that we know there must be at least one Serial Killer sympathetic role, possibly even another serial killer, because their lover hasn't outed them?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:39 am UTC

More details now that is out of the way: nothing happened in game between the 2 votals that Madge posted, so it should have been a simple copy+paste if she wanted to give an update. Therefore it's clear that it wasn't a mistake and a vote-buy happened between the two.
Now the SK wouldn't wnat to draw attention to himself unless absolutely necessary because hiding the fact that the role is in the game is super beneficial to him. Therefore we can conclude that by lynching moody we get rid of the SK one way or the other.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:40 am UTC

@matt: why aren't you voting?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:42 am UTC

@heuristically_alone: why aren't you switching to moody? That's a 100% guaranteed SK lynch.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:44 am UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:Think about it, what would the advantages of town vs mafia be by pointing out this slightly “obscure” (for lack of a better word) rule about day chat? As town, it doesn’t really give town any extra useful information on finding scum.

It provides the viewpoint that we are looking for a scum-team, rather than just an individual player. It allows us to analyze interactions.

User avatar
matt96
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm UTC
Location: A suburb of Boston

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby matt96 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:45 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Thanks, pays to actually read the rules.
In that case game-specific content: it look like we have the vote-buyer SK in the game. Also it has to be moody or Lovers with moody. Therefore please vote for him.
In case this works:

Unvote
Vote: moody7277

vote buy doesn't work like that, and I'm not certain that moody must necessarily be the serial killer or their lover, as between a mislynch and a night kill, there would be 6 people left tommorow, and only controlling 3 of those votes (2 lovers + vote buy) would bring things to coin flips rather than an outright win for the serial killer and their accomplice, setting up a mislynch target for tommorow would remove elements of chance from the outcome.
Ninja'd edit: I am currently voting for SirGabriel, mostly because I'd really prefer not having the game decided by coin flips.

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:45 am UTC

matt96 wrote:Might as well
vote: SirGabriel
Because as much as I don't like the idea of moody giving heuristically_alone a gun, I think the possibility of lynching two players is worse.


Ah, that makes sense, it not being an error, but the buy vote. Question, now that Sabrar voted moody again, does that bake the buy vote null?

edit: does that make the buy vote null?
I am a blood moon.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:You should call yourself Rapunzel. Y'know, because rap puns sell.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:48 am UTC

@matt: Then how does vote-buy work? Please post your description. Sorry about missing your vote, was looking at votals.

User avatar
matt96
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm UTC
Location: A suburb of Boston

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby matt96 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:49 am UTC

The way I remember it working was a bit different, so I assume it comes down to Madge's interpretation. IIRC, in Avengers Mafia, when I submitted a vote buy, Vieto (the mod), sent the affected player a pm informing them that they had to vote for the chosen target, and that vote could not be removed.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:50 am UTC

@heuristically_alone: no idea what caused my vote to change, I would assume a vote-buy to be non-reversible and I'm not at all confident that I'm actually voting for moody right now. Please switch.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:51 am UTC

ninja'd: unless there is a second vote-manipulation power I would have to assume that it was this one that caused the change and is probably binding. So you really need to vote moody now.

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:58 am UTC

I see no proof why it has to be moody that is the SK. Obviously someone has it in for you, Sabrar, but I still feel you are probably SK as well. I think what we might have here is SK attacking SK. Sorry, but my vote stays.
I am a blood moon.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:You should call yourself Rapunzel. Y'know, because rap puns sell.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby Madge » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:02 am UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:
Madge wrote:Votals:

sabrar (3) - heuristically_alone, mpolo, sabrar
moody7277 (2) - SirGabriel, Lawrencelot
matt96 (1) - Moody
SirGabriel (1) - jimbobmacdoodle


Day 1 ends in ~3 hours


Sabrar is voting for moody.


The votes were correct at the time of posting.

Regarding deadlines: I promise never to call night before the deadline has passed. Due to my chaotic schedule (started lunch half an hour later than planned due to high priority task, which is why this post is an hour later than predicted), I can't promise to be online at a particular time.

Final Votals:
sabrar (3) - heuristically_alone, mpolo, sabrar
moody7277 (2) - SirGabriel, Lawrencelot
matt96 (1) - Moody
SirGabriel (2) - jimbobmacdoodle, matt96



NIGHT HAS FALLEN. Sabrar has been lynched.

As everyone has submitted their action, expect the day 2 to start within 8 hours, more like within half an hour.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:05 am UTC

@Madge
I'm sorry I ever doubted you would ever make a mistake. :oops:
I am a blood moon.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:You should call yourself Rapunzel. Y'know, because rap puns sell.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2: A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby Madge » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:38 am UTC

@Heuri - don't worry, I am full of mistakes and hopefully didn't declare the wrong person lynched. That would have been awkward.

~~~

Day 2: A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Everyone had decided that of all the beachgoers, Sabrar was the least fun to play with, so they buried him up to his neck and then, well, they decided to bury him a bit deeper until he was suffocated beneath a pile of the tiny granules.

They went to bed there on the beach, not wanting to perform the tiring task of digging the body up before they'd had a good bit of shuteye.

Some people were worried when they went to bed that they would wake up to find an even more grizzly scene than a light-spirited bit of beach-based murder; knives and blood and who knows what else besides filled the nightmares of many a beachgoer.

They weren't to worry, though; they woke up, and there were no dead bodies!

Well, none except for Sabrar. They dug him up, and found a bone necklace under his clothing as well as vials of poison in his pocket! Wow, he really didn't seem like any fun at all. It was good they'd decided to suffocate him in cold blood!

All of a sudden, it seemed that a healing light filled the area; the more literary minded amongst them thought they caught a few lines of a John Donne poem. However, whatever magic was in the healing light, it seemed as though Sabrar had been dead too long for it to matter.


Sabrar was lynched. He was a Serial Killer Witch Doctor.

Nobody was killed during the night.

A healing aura was felt, but it had no effect.

Role PM wrote:Role: Witch Doctor

Win Condition: Serial Killer (you win if everyone else is dead)

Abilities: To all investigative roles you appear to be a town doctor. Once per night, you may target another player; that player will be protected from all night-kills that night but will die the following night. You may temporarily save someone you targeted by visiting them again the following night; in this case, they will die the night after your last visit. Once you successfully visit a player (i.e. you are not roleblocked), no one but yourself can save them from dying the following night.


It is Day 2. There are 7 players alive. 4 to lynch.

Deadline in 48 hours.

Inspiration: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Leandro_Bay
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:46 am UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:There is at the very least one SK out there, and at least one of the four that didn’t receive their claimed role has to be an SK, I think Sabrar is the most likely suspect.


Called it!
I am a blood moon.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:You should call yourself Rapunzel. Y'know, because rap puns sell.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:53 am UTC

Well done heuristically_alone and mpolo (and whoever messed about with the votes).

No night kill last night suggests a successful roleblock or doctor save or similar. FWIW, I believe I wasn't a target, but I don't want to explain why I believe this at this point.

The vote manipulation certainly suggests a vote buyer is out there. There's no guarantee that it is moody though (nor that moody is the lover), since an obvious tactic would be to make it look like one of them.

With Sabrar flipping scum, there is no guarantee of a jester out there. I think we should keep it in mind, but not get hung up over it.

I potentially have some other useful information from last night, and would like to have an answer from heuristically_alone, SirGabriel, and mpolo to the question: "did you use a night action last night?" No need to say what you did or who you targeted unless you wish to. Explanation will follow after those claims.

Also, heuristically_alone, did you receive moody's promised gun?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby mpolo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:33 am UTC

I did use a night action.

I'm glad that I was right about Sabrar being a Serial Killer, obviously. The question remains as to whether we have a second serial killer or not — matt's statement about SK with vote buy and roleblock would seem to point to that role being present, but then we need a second roleblocker or doctor to explain the missing kill.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:01 am UTC

mpolo wrote:I did use a night action.

I'm glad that I was right about Sabrar being a Serial Killer, obviously. The question remains as to whether we have a second serial killer or not — matt's statement about SK with vote buy and roleblock would seem to point to that role being present, but then we need a second roleblocker or doctor to explain the missing kill.
Not necessarily - that SK may be trying to lay low for some reason and withheld their kill, though it seems unlikely to me in such a small game.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:04 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I potentially have some other useful information from last night, and would like to have an answer from heuristically_alone, SirGabriel, and mpolo to the question: "did you use a night action last night?" No need to say what you did or who you targeted unless you wish to. Explanation will follow after those claims.

No, I did not use a night action.

I am confused about the lack of night kills - I honestly expected there to be 7 or 8 different factions, including mafia and multiple serial killers, but it appears that is not the case.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:55 am UTC

Okay I have no idea what happened around deadline as I wasn't around and didn't read all posts of this page yet, but I got a very useful result. However, I will reveal it only after jimbob has received the answers to his question (I think only heuristically_alone is left to answer).

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:58 am UTC

Oh and in the meantime I would like to ask everyone whether they have useful information or not. Please also tell us if you don't have any new information, or if you specifically choose not to reveal whether you have useful information or not.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 503
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby moody7277 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:54 pm UTC

a. Show what I know thinking that Sabrar was most likely town.

b. I had nothing to do with the vote buy, just so everyone knows.

c. Having said that heury was going to get the gun, I figured he was probably dead (fortunately wrong again), so I switched last minute to giving jimbob the gun.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:19 pm UTC

I did not receive the gun (as moody just said), and I used no night action last night.
I am a blood moon.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:You should call yourself Rapunzel. Y'know, because rap puns sell.

User avatar
matt96
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm UTC
Location: A suburb of Boston

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby matt96 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:21 pm UTC

Mpolo, would you mind confirming whether or not the role I received was the only you submitted?

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:45 pm UTC

IGMEOY moody - I received no gun. You could have been roleblocked though, so I don't consider you guaranteed scum. Did anybody else receive a gun?

Thank you people for answering my questions. I can confirm that SirG visited nobody last night. I have no information on heuristically_alone or mpolo (I just added them to avoid making it clear that I was specifically targeting SirG). That is all I feel I am going to claim about my role, and I have no further information to reveal from last night.

Anybody else?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:49 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:That is all I feel I am going to claim about my role.
EBWOP: for today, probably.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:52 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Did anybody else receive a gun?

I did not receive a gun. Or anything else, for that matter.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:21 pm UTC

Heh that's funny. I do have info about heuristically_alone and mpolo, but not about SirG. I won't claim, but I have the following information:

-heuristically_alone and mpolo have used a night action last night
-one of these two is mafia (not third party), one of these is town

This reveals a couple of things:
1. There is a mafia team with at least one member.
2. heuristically_alone lied about having used a night action.
3. lynching either heuristically_alone or mpolo reveals the alignment of the other, while we don't need to worry about jesters or anything like that.

Now heuristically_alone, would you please explain why you lied about having used a night action?

I'm also weary of moody for lying about giving a gun, but indeed a roleblock is a possibility. I did not receive a gun by the way.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby mpolo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:30 pm UTC

I don't have any certainty that you received my role, matt, unless I know what your role is. I suspect that you may well have received it, though, if I have interpreted various statements by you and by the mod correctly.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:36 pm UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:This reveals a couple of things:
1. There is a mafia team with at least one member.
2. heuristically_alone lied about having used a night action.
3. lynching either heuristically_alone or mpolo reveals the alignment of the other, while we don't need to worry about jesters or anything like that.
There is of course the alternative possibility that you are lying and in fact scum (or jester or other third party with some reason to lie).
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:35 pm UTC

Vote: Lawrencelot

Either Lawrencelot is blatantly lying or for some reason or whatever investigative action he used on me had its result changed.

There is the possibity of jimbob lying about having received a gun.
I am a blood moon.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:You should call yourself Rapunzel. Y'know, because rap puns sell.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:02 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:There is of course the alternative possibility that you are lying and in fact scum (or jester or other third party with some reason to lie).

Yes, from your point of view that is a possibility.

Vote: heuristically_alone

We'll see if I was right.

There is the possibity of jimbob lying about having received a gun.

I guess that's also a possibility.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby mpolo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:05 pm UTC

From my point of view, voting for heuristically_alone looks like the right thing to do. There are possibilities of people having lied about what they've revealed, but lynching h_a will (hopefully) make it clear whether Lawrencelot is a problem. But the most straightforward explanation of the data before us is that he is scum.

Holding off on the vote so as not to push us too quickly into night. (If there's a scum team, they could easily pounce on a little two-person wagon and achieve hammer, though a two-person mafia might be overkill with a serial killer already out there.)
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:18 pm UTC

FOS heuristically_alone. I think a full claim from heuristically_alone is in order, or at least something to explain why he shouldn't be the one to be lynched. I'm more inclined to believe Lawrencelot than heuristically_alone at the moment.

@Lawrencelot, did you specifically target those players, or did you get that information at random? Can you use it again tonight?

I'd like to hear a little more from moody and SirGabriel. My point about SirGabriel's role from yesterday still stands as well currently, I think.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:41 pm UTC

So at least one of heury, mpolo, and Lawrencelot is scum. Going back to my reads post, I had mpolo and Lawrencelot as slightly scummy (largely due to lack of content, which they both have been better about since then), and heury as neutral.

mpolo appears to have been telling the truth about his submitted role, and nothing he's posted is particularly worrisome, so at the moment he's the least suspicious of the three.

heury's posts have sounded a bit odd all game. In particular, I don't like how he made a seemingly joke vote at the beginning of D1 and later claimed it was a serious vote all along, when there was clearly nothing to support a serious vote at that point in the game. It's certainly possible that he's scum pretending to be jester pretending to be town. Then again, it's also possible he's actually a jester. But I find it very unlikely that he is town.

Lawrencelot is an interesting case. The biggest thing I have against him at the moment is that he claimed to have received an awful lot of information last night. Then again, it would be odd for scum to claim to have received all that information at once, but that just leads to wine. I'm not entirely sure what to think of his claim at the moment, and I have no idea what his role might be if he's telling the truth.


Does anyone have any information that could support or disprove Lawrencelot's claim?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:My point about SirGabriel's role from yesterday still stands as well currently, I think.

I'm guessing they didn't publicly acknowledge the connection for the same reason I didn't mention them by name: it's not the kind of information we want scum to know about us, especially on D1 of a game like this where we could have half a dozen serial killers. I've never seen a game where lovers or masons claimed early unless they couldn't avoid it, and while my role is neither of those, I feel that the details of our connection should be kept secret for similar reasons.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:09 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Lawrencelot, did you specifically target those players, or did you get that information at random? Can you use it again tonight?

I prefer not to answer this. If at least 2 others want to know this too, I'll answer it (or if you give me a good reason).

I'd like to hear a little more from moody and SirGabriel. My point about SirGabriel's role from yesterday still stands as well currently, I think.

Could you repeat this point please?

It's certainly possible that he's scum pretending to be jester pretending to be town

...let's not go there

Then again, it's also possible he's actually a jester

Heury can't be a jester. I claimed he isn't, and even if you think I'm mafia or third party there is no benefit at all for me to lie about this.

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:46 pm UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I'd like to hear a little more from moody and SirGabriel. My point about SirGabriel's role from yesterday still stands as well currently, I think.

Could you repeat this point please?

I believe this is what he is referring to:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I'm slightly suspicious about this idea of someone searching for him, so he may be lying about his role. Nobody has claimed that they are looking for him, and thus it seems likely that they are anti-town, which in turn makes SirG likely anti-town as well.


Lawrencelot wrote:
Then again, it's also possible he's actually a jester

Heury can't be a jester. I claimed he isn't, and even if you think I'm mafia or third party there is no benefit at all for me to lie about this.

That's assuming scum!Lawrencelot knows heury's alignment, which seems like a very unlikely scenario.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby Madge » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:00 pm UTC

Votals:

Lawrencelot (1) - heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone (1) - Lawrencelot


Day 2 ends in ~31 hours
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests