Impromptu Mafia - Day 4 - GOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

heuristically_alone

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 2 - A Quiet Day at San Leandro Bay

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:30 am UTC

I still don't understand Lawrencelot's logic that either I or mpolo is mafia. Just because we were the only ones to vote Sabrar? Are you saying you believe that on D1 a mafia must always be voting for whoever gets lynched? And I was the first one on that wagon anyways.

I was very surprised to see no night kill happen. I was expected worst case scenario at least 2 night kills. We have a potential role block that went into play. Moody supposedly attempted to give Jimbob a gun. Another roleblocker in player. Lawrencelot claims I made an action last night when I didn't. A potential (not role block but) something. Way to many blockings or something going on. At least one if not 2 of these claims are lies.

My role does not have a N1 action.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:You should call yourself Rapunzel. Y'know, because rap puns sell.

Madge

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 1 - The Fall of Dirk Klop

Postby Madge » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:55 am UTC

Votals:

Lawrencelot (1) - heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone (1) - Lawrencelot

Day 2 ends in ~23 hours
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:49 am UTC

Yes, that was what I was referring to. I don't think I gave a specific example, but I could see Madge modifying the other SK role to not have a night kill until they target their lover or something, which would make SirG and someone that pair. It would also conveniently explain the lack of night kill from the (presumed) second SK. They could have roleblocked either moody or a mafia member (assuming they're not one and the same), which would account for another missing action. A similar variation on the above is that a lone mafia member has no NK until targeting SirG etc. Both cases still leave us with one missing action, which could be accounted for in various ways - a roleblock, doctor, bulletproof, withheld kill, etc. If anybody has any information that could explain things, that would be helpful.

From what I can see the lynches that give us the most information are Lawrencelot, SirGabriel, moody and heuristically_alone, and possibly to a lesser extent mpolo. Yes, I know that this conveniently doesn't include me, but I think the only specific piece of information my flip would reveal is that SirGabriel was telling the truth about N1. Similarly, I don't think we benefit from seeing matt's flip at this point. I'm inclined to believe that the jester was discarded, or never existed, but if not, I doubt it's heuristically_alone now, since that would mean Lawrencelot is lying, and I just don't get that vibe.

I could see scum!Lawrencelot claiming someone is scum instead of jester, because it wastes a lynch, but I think it unlikely. My guess is that his ability gives a third party, town and mafia amongst a group of three, and with SirG likely third party we get the implication of mpolo or heuristically_alone being mafia.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:54 am UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:My role does not have a N1 action.
Does it have a Night 2 action?

Your comment about being first on the wagon doesn't mean anything. Being first does not mean you are Town, especially when a non-mafia is lynched. Plus as pointed out by many players, your initial logic for voting them was completely incorrect.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:16 am UTC

So we have a direct clash between heuristically_alone and Lawrencelot – one of the two must be lying. I trust Lawrencelot marginally more than heuristically_alone at this point, so it only confirms the feeling I had before.

Lawrencelot says H_a used a power, h_a says he had no power on N1 to use in the first place.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:35 am UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:I still don't understand Lawrencelot's logic that either I or mpolo is mafia. Just because we were the only ones to vote Sabrar? Are you saying you believe that on D1 a mafia must always be voting for whoever gets lynched? And I was the first one on that wagon anyways.

There is no logic: I got extra info with my own night action.

My role does not have a N1 action.

Yet you did use an action last night. Maybe you used a failed mafia kill on someone? From my point of view these it's either that, or you're lying. By the way, I can't think of any role that does not have a N1 action but does have actions during other nights, so this seems like a very weird statement.

I could see scum!Lawrencelot claiming someone is scum instead of jester, because it wastes a lynch, but I think it unlikely.

It wouldn't just waste a lynch, it would mean that the Jester wins. So I would lose, no matter my alignment. Really guys, you can trust me that heury is not a jester. Now all that's left is to trust my claim that he's mafia (or town with some very good reason to lie about using his night action).

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:25 pm UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:
I could see scum!Lawrencelot claiming someone is scum instead of jester, because it wastes a lynch, but I think it unlikely.
It wouldn't just waste a lynch, it would mean that the Jester wins. So I would lose, no matter my alignment.
Normal convention here seems to be that a third-party win does not prevent other factions winning, so a jester win does not end the game and prevent scum or town winning. I don't advocate lynching a jester because of this though, as it wastes a lynch, but thought I'd point it out.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:39 pm UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:

It wouldn't just waste a lynch, it would mean that the Jester wins. So I would lose, no matter my alignment. Really guys, you can trust me that heury is not a jester. Now all that's left is to trust my claim that he's mafia (or town with some very good reason to lie about using his night action).

Except that a jester win won't prevent anyone else from winning:
Madge wrote:
SirGabriel wrote:Will a jester win end the game?

No, the jester would win and the game would continue.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:40 pm UTC

Oh okay, I didn't know that.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:55 pm UTC

The problem I'm having right now is that my reads from D1 were utter dreck.

I'm a little surprised by jimbob saying he didn't get the gun. Everything I got regarding my night action said it went through, but I could suppose there could have been some roleblocking going on. FMPOV, I'm going to be a bit cautious of him.

In the Lawr, mpolo, huery triangle, I'd say that mpolo is most likely to be town. Still have a bit of a trust gap with Lawrencelot, but it could be from the vote from D1, so I'm reluctant to just pull the trigger on him.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:18 pm UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:I can't think of any role that does not have a N1 action but does have actions during other nights

Backup cop, backup doctor, even night cop, even night doctor....
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:57 pm UTC

It's getting near day end and there hasn't been much discussion in a while, so I guess now's a good time for me to vote. I'm still not entirely convinced of Lawrencelot's claim, but heury has been acting really weird, and in my opinion he is the scummier of the two.

Vote: heuristically_alone

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:37 pm UTC

Reads post to follow shortly, but wanted to get this down quickly:

@heuristically_alone - you should full claim now. You are likely going to be lynched.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:44 pm UTC

For this reads post, I have read since the last few hours before yesterday's deadline.

Notes:
Spoiler:
matt96: acknowledges vote buy. Posts top scum picks (SirG, heuristically_alone, moody), with brief reasoning. Votes SirG. Challenges heuristically_alone about his vote, following vote buy. Disputes that moody must be SK (or aligned with him).

heuristically_alone: very detailed reads towards to the end of D1, but with few firm opinions away from Sabrar as SK. Asks about the vote buy. Sees no proof that moody must be the SK. Used no night action. Votes Lawrencelot for lying. Seems confused by Lawrencelot's assertion re. his and mpolo's alignment. Speculates about lack of night kills and claimed not to have N1 action.

mpolo: used night action. Cautious about whether a second SK is present. Uncertain whether matt received his role. Thinks lynching heuristically_alone is the right choice, due to information gain. Holds off voting. Trusts Lawrencelot more than heuristically_alone.

SirGabriel: did not use night action. Confused by lack of night kills. Didn't receive anything. Looks at mpolo, heuristically_alone and Lawrencelot. Thinks very unlikely heuristically_alone is town. Not convinced by Lawrencelot's claim, but votes heuristically_alone anyway.

Lawrencelot: Got useful result, waited to reveal it. Called for more information. Reveals result contradicting heuristically_alone's claim. Accepts that I could be lying about the gun. Responds to people's comments about his claim. Argues with heuristically_alone.

moody: denies having anything to do with vote buy. Claimed to give me gun (which I did not receive). Cautious of me not receiving the gun. Thinks mpolo most likely town.

matt96: only one post today, with almost no content. I like his behaviour leading up to the deadline. Slightly town.

Requesting modprod on matt96.

heuristically_alone: I generally liked his reads at the end of D1, but apart from that, I haven't seen anything really useful from him today, which doesn't help his case versus Lawrencelot. Probably scum.

mpolo: quiet mostly. Generally leant towards lynching heuristically_alone all day, but very little else in terms of useful content. Town, but only because I believe Lawrencelot's claim and I believe heuristcially_alone is more likely scum.

SirGabriel: has reservations about Lawrencelot, which is probably sensible, but still votes for heuristically_alone. As noted earlier, I still have suspicions about his role, and am inclined to think that he might be in collusion with the other SK.

Lawrencelot: claiming detailed results in direct opposition to heuristically_alone's claim, which means that it is almost impossible for him and heuristically_alone to both be town. Based mostly on heuristically_alone's behaviour up to now I'm inclined to think that Lawrencelot is telling the truth. However, some more thoughts on other players would not go amiss. Probably town.

moody: my main concern here is the lack of moody's gun coming to me. However, with at least one roleblocker out there (probably), I definitely believe that it is possible he was blocked, as he was the only one with a claim about their role from D1. Leaning town, but not guaranteed.

I am very concerned that pretty much nobody is looking for our second SK with vote buy, since if anything, I think they are more of a threat than heuristically_alone is, if he is mafia. However, I don't really know who it might be. My belief is that it's not Lawrencelot, SirGabriel, mpolo or heuristically_alone, which leaves moody and matt, both of whom I feel are slightly townie. Great. Anybody else's thoughts on this?

With the risk of a vote buy somewhere, I feel that we should hammer. I'd like to hear from others over the next hour and a half, and may well hammer then.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

matt96

Postby matt96 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:11 pm UTC

So far today I've been keeping up with reading through the posts, the way my schedule is set up Tuesdays in general are very busy, though I should be on from now until deadline to react to anything that happens. As far as the days results are concerned, I feel like mpolo is the most likely to be town, and double checking the pm I sent for the role, I saw a possible interpretation of the clarified win condition that could cause the role to show up as mafia to investigative roles.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:22 pm UTC

I'm going to bed now and will be fast asleep come deadline. However, as I believe others are likely to be awake for some time yet, and I hope more useful discussion may ensue, I'm going to not vote, since my vote would be for heuristically_alone. I wouldn't oppose a SirGabriel lynch earlier, as discussed.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:24 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I wouldn't oppose a SirGabriel lynch either, as discussed.
FTFM
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:27 pm UTC

Votals:

heuristically_alone (2) - Lawrencelot, SirGabriel

Day 2 ends in ~7 hours

Requesting modprod on matt96.

I would have prodded him but I see he's just posted; note as per the rules I am not doing modkills this game, so if he does not post you player folk will have to decide what to do about him.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:26 am UTC

My role is one of my own invention, Chocolate Townie. It is essentially a backup town role for any town aligned role.

I feel like lynching Lawrencelot would be a million times better than lynching me, since he not town aligned due to the obvious lying about me having used a N1 action. SirGabriel is my second choice, as I believe lynching him would give us the most useful information, and he is the most likely SK, since he is a claimed independent role. At the very least, we'd be getting rid of someone that isn't town aligned.

I still fail to see the logic that mpolo could be scum (or why either him or me was scum and the other town). The fact that mpolo hasn't jumped on my wagon gives me reason to believe mpolo is town.

If we knew for sure that moody was never role blocked, then I would assume that moody lied about giving the gun rather than jimbob lying about having received a gun.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Madge

Impromptu Mafia - Night 2 - Dying of Laughter

Postby Madge » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:09 am UTC

Nobody in the comedy troupe liked the look of heuristically_alone, one of their star comedians.

It got even worse when his costar Lawrencelot - who had always hated him - let loose an accusation: "I saw him do something last night! I won't say what, when, why, or how, but I know he did SOMETHING."

"Me? No! Of course not! I did no such thing! It is YOU who is in the wrong!" Heuristically_alone protested, pointing at his arch-nemesis, but soon SirGabriel was helping Lawrencelot set up the chair and tie Heuristically_alone into it. Nobody else moved a muscle; although they weren't trying to help set up whatever was about to happen, well, none of them seemed to mind.

They set up a projector and played the film
Muertos de risa, which was so funny that before long Heuristically_alone started laughing, and laughing, a manic grin on his face until the force of all that laughter stopped him from breathing.

He sat in the chair, motionless, dead, suffocated. SirGabriel, Lawrencelot, and the silent witnesses had to spend the rest of the evening in a room, together, with the grinning corpse.

What was the worst that could happen?

Final Votals:

heuristically_alone (2) - Lawrencelot, SirGabriel

It is now night.

heuristically_alone has been lynched. Role will be revealed in the morning.

You have approximately 25 hours to submit your night actions; if I receive all the night actions before then, the day will start early. Note that if you have already pre-submitted your night action it will go ahead once the missing action(s) are submitted. Until the official day start post, you can continue to re-submit night actions if you change your mind.

NEW RULE: If there are only two players remaining, every day will end with no lynch until someone wins. (this is in the absence of any roles that may or may not exist that are able to modify votes; if someone in a hypothetical 2 person finish is able to modify votes, the endgame will be processed accordingly).

Inspiration: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying_of_Laughter

Madge

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Night 2 - Dying of Laughter

Postby Madge » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:54 am UTC

It is now dawn. Night actions are being processed. New night actions will not be accepted.

I have submitted the night action results but have had to take a break. The day will start in about an hour and a half.

Do not post.

Madge

Impromptu Mafia - Day 3 - A bite to eat at Östermalmshallen

Postby Madge » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:45 am UTC

After heuristically_alone had choked to death on his Punschrulle, everyone ran to his aid. Strangely, as one of them tried to deliver the heimlich manouver, the choking man pushed him away; it was as though he wanted to meet his untimely end, here, at the mercy of the marzipan pastry.

When looking through his wallet, an onlooker only found a card for a performance artist, using the name
"Narr" - jester. Ahh yes, Narr was famous for his commitment to the performance, and this was no doubt a statement on the plight of the working class, or the like. Nothing to worry about, then.

Apart from that, it was a quiet evening in the Östermalmshallen market in Östermalmstorg square. People were window shopping, buying trinkets, and sampling all the delicious - if sometimes artistically deadly - pastries.

heuristically_alone was lynched. He was the jester, and has won.

Nobody died during the night.

Role PM wrote:Jester, Third-party

Day 3 deadline in 3 days.

6 players alive. 4 to lynch.

(Inspiration: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96stermalmstorg)

matt96

Re: Impromptu Mafia - Day 3 - A bite to eat at Östermalmshallen

Postby matt96 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:57 am UTC

Got anything to say for yourself Lawrencelot?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:39 am UTC

Hmm... Trusted Lawrencelot too much. Or possibly he misinterpreted his results. I'd like to hear his explanation, please as well. The entire reason why I had ruled out heuristically_alone as jester was because of Lawrencelot's claim.

FYI anybody reading my last post yesterday may be confused why I didn't vote. I must admit that I somehow had it in my head that there were three votes on heuristically_alone, but guess I was wrong. Either way, it didn't matter. Presumably, if I had voted for him, he would have self-hammered.

My result from last night makes no sense for my ability, and I know that it can receive random results, though it doesn't match what I'd intended when I submitted the role. I'm going to get Madge to confirm whether her interpretation is the same as mine, or different. I may have information regarding the night kill as well. Will explain after some more people claim, and possibly I get a mod answer.

FWIW, I didn't receive any gifts last night. I'd like to hear claims re. gifts (received or sent) in roughly the following order, which is roughly who I trust the least to most currently: Lawrencelot, SirGabriel, moody, mpolo, Matt. Other proposed orders are welcome.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:48 am UTC

Gah! I count this as a lost game for myself, since that's how I'm used to handle jesters. I hate that role so much... I'll keep playing though.

Okay, it's probably best to full claim now. I'm a town researcher, able to target two players. Of one player, I would find out the role they submitted, and of the other player I would find out their own role, but not knowing which is which. I would also find out if these roles used a night action or not. I can't use my power on even nights.

I chose heury and mpolo. I got a mafia cop and a town <censored> (probably should ask mpolo permission to claim his role), and both used a night action. I figured that if heury was town, he would not lie about using a night action so I figured he was a mafia cop. Yesterday, all I was doing was trying to get his result out of him, but it didn't work obviously. The mistake I made was that it did not occur to me that he might be lying about having received his own role.
Conclusion: heury submitted mafia cop so someone is mafia cop, unless that role was replaced. mpolo is still town and I know his role. I was 100% certain that heury was no jester but obviously made a big mistake (wrong assumption that heury got the role he submitted).

I suspsect SirGabriel is the mafia cop. Or he's the SK lover roleblocker vote buyer. Either way, he can't be jester anymore so I'd prefer to lynch him. I'll postpone my vote to discuss my claim and also to prevent the same mistake.

I did not receive or send any gift.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:29 am UTC

I think it would be beneficial for Lawrencelot to claim mpolo's role to provide useful information. I agree though that mpolo should agree to having his role revealed. Assuming Lawrencelot's claim is then confirmed by mpolo, then it either confirms that mpolo and Lawrencelot are scum together, or it means that mpolo is Town. It however does not prove that Lawrencelot is town, because in theory he could be a Mafia researcher with that ability. If mpolo doesn't confirm Lawrencelot's claim, then it pretty much guarantees Lawrencelot is scum.

It is unlikely that SirGabriel is Mafia cop, but possible - according to my N1 result, he didn't visit anyone. I guess I could have been roleblocked though.

I believe that there may only be one kill out there. My suspicion is that the Mafia cop was discarded, and that we have the other SK out there somewhere.

I was almost certainly targeted by a night kill last night, but survived. I get a random non-sensical result if I am targeted by the night kill - apparently some random paralympic athlete is "naive" :lol: I survived because I was bulletproof last night.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:18 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:It is unlikely that SirGabriel is Mafia cop, but possible - according to my N1 result, he didn't visit anyone. I guess I could have been roleblocked though.

Doesn't roleblocking typically give a "no result" which is recognizably different from any possible result the investigator could have gotten if they weren't roleblocked?

I did not send or receive any gifts.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:40 am UTC

SirGabriel wrote:Doesn't roleblocking typically give a "no result" which is recognizably different from any possible result the investigator could have gotten if they weren't roleblocked?
I guess you're right, although I could see someone having abilities that give fake results, e.g. you could be a ninja who always appears to stay at home, so not quite a normal roleblock.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:22 pm UTC

This is all pretty weird.

heury apparently gave away a mafia cop role. If it helps, Lawrencelot can reveal my role.

Lawrencelot: has this researcher role (with a dodgy result)
Moody: has a gun-giver role
matt: likely has the role I turned in
SirGabriel: claims to have a third-party role that interacts with another role
jimbobmacdoodle: Has he claimed anything?

Which puts the mafia cop with SirGabriel or jimbobmacdoodle, I think.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:06 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Which puts the mafia cop with SirGabriel or jimbobmacdoodle, I think.
Or discarded. I have claimed several things - I kept my own role. I saw that SirGabriel did not visit anyone N1, and I believe I was the target of the night kill N2, which failed because I was bulletproof. IGMEOY mpolo for not paying attention, since I have said almost all of this in the last four posts up.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:52 pm UTC

mpolo is a roleblocker. I don't know who submitted this role; it might be chosen by the mod.

We likely have two roleblockers, which could explain the lack of nightkills.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:24 pm UTC

Thought I'd best point out that me surviving last night might not have been because of my bulletproofness - I confirmed with Madge that I could get a random result, even if the kill would fail for other reasons.

Lawrencelot wrote:mpolo is a roleblocker. I don't know who submitted this role; it might be chosen by the mod.

We likely have two roleblockers, which could explain the lack of nightkills.
I'm tentatively inclined to believe this, because mpolo claimed earlier that his role would work for either faction, and a roleblocker indeed would. Assuming mpolo confirms this decision, the only case I could think of where it is wrong is that Lawrencelot and mpolo are scum-buddies. Also, importantly, mpolo could be the SK roleblocker, and Lawrencelot could be his lover (in which case we probably only have one roleblocker).

@mpolo - who did you target N1?

I'm beginning to think that matt should claim, mostly so that mpolo can confirm his role. I'm going to assume that Lawrencelot, mpolo and matt are not all scum-buddies, so if matt claims, I reckon we can clear at least one townie.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:49 pm UTC

Summary of role claims so far:

matt96 - claimed virtually nothing about his role, but mpolo may be able to confirm it
mpolo - Lawrencelot says he's town roleblocker, has yet to confirm it
Lawrencelot - claimed town researcher (makes sense to me, but we have no proof yet that he's telling the truth)
moody - claimed town gunslinger (either he's lying, jimbob's lying, or he was roleblocked N1; has yet to claim who he gave a gun to N2, and no one has yet claimed to receive one)
jimbob - hasn't full claimed, but what he has claimed suggests some kind of bulletproof tracker (though we have no proof that he's a tracker, since he said I hadn't targeted anyone N1 after I claimed not to, and he claimed a useless N2 result, and we have no proof he was ever targeted with the nightkill and therefore no proof that he's bulletproof)
SirGabriel - claimed third party, has no intention of claiming any more at the moment

Like I said D1, I suspect we started with only one mafia. So:
I'd like mpolo to claim his role.
I'd like matt to claim his role, and then mpolo to confirm it.
I'd like moody to claim who he gave a gun to last night, and the recipient to confirm it.

(Note: I don't care what order those three lines take place in, but the ordering does matter within each line: mpolo shouldn't claim matt's role before matt does, and if anyone received a gun, they shouldn't claim it until moody says who he sent it to.)

If everyone makes consistent claims, then my vote's on jimbob as the mafia, since he's conveniently the only one (other than myself) who can't prove they are who they claim to be.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:00 pm UTC

N2 I gave a gun to mpolo, since he was the only one I was mostly sure is town because (mostly) of data instead of my crappy impressions.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:08 pm UTC

So, I can confirm that I am a roleblocker. I blocked moody on N1 (sorry, I didn't really trust your invention ability at that point). I did receive a gun last night (which is only usable at night).

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:42 pm UTC

SirGabriel has missed a glaring point - if the vote buy roleblocker is around (as was indicated by N1), he has a team-mate in the form of a lover. That means that there are at least a pair of players who are effectively in a scum team. There might be one other mafia cop. We have no evidence that there is one at all, and indeed the evidence suggests that there isn't (no night kills over 2 nights for two killers seems unlikely). Either Lawrencelot could be lying, or the Mafia cop could have been discarded.

So, three important things to think about: 1) Who is the SK and their teammate? 2) Who is the Mafia cop (if they are present)? 3) Why have their been no kills so far?

I've done a case-analysis for the first point, but am going to wait to post it until after matt's claim and mpolo's confirmation or otherwise of it, as it is affected by that claim. I'll look at the other points in my following posts.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:34 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:So, three important things to think about: 1) Who is the SK and their teammate? 2) Who is the Mafia cop (if they are present)? 3) Why have their been no kills so far?

I think it's pretty clear why there have been no kills so far: there's only one kill power in the game (excluding the guns, which no one's had a chance to use yet). I was targeted N1, jimbob was targeted N2, and we're both sort of bulletproof.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:37 pm UTC

EBWOP: Either that, or jimbob is the killer. Maybe he was roleblocked, or maybe he withheld the kill for some reason.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:48 pm UTC

@mpolo - you didn't claim who you roleblocked last night? Why not, and who did you?

---

Analysis of who could be the Mafia Cop, if present, based largely on SirGabriel's post:

If mpolo is the Mafia Cop, then Lawrencelot is lying, and must also be Mafia (possible, but seems a little unlikely), or third party with a reason to team up with mpolo.
If moody is the Mafia Cop, then mpolo is lying, and must be a teammate, or have some other reason to lie. In that case, Lawrencelot must also be lying, because he claimed mpolo is town, and town wouldn't lie about this.
Assuming mpolo confirms matt's claim, then if matt is the Mafia Cop, mpolo is lying, and so must Lawrencelot (see same logic above).
Otherwise, matt is not linked to anyone else and could be alone.
If Lawrencelot is the Mafia cop, he's either made a very lucky guess, or mpolo is lying, since Lawrencelot could not have known mpolo's role.
If SirGabriel is the Mafia Cop, then they didn't use a kill N1, or I am lying, which would imply I am in league with him, or lying third party again.
If I am the Mafia Cop, nobody necessarily has to be in league with me, as pointed out by SirGabriel.

I think this links interestingly with the SK case, which I'll look at later as well.

---

I started analysing why there were no kills, but SirG ninja'ed me with his bulletproof claim, so I stopped. Spoilered are my incomplete thoughts on the matter, in case anybody can find some use for them. Overall, I think they're moot because as SirG points out, he could have been targeted last night, and me tonight. There could be multiple killers and they all targeted SirG N1 and me last night:
Spoiler:
Why have their been no kills so far? There is either 1 or 2 roleblockers out there, depending on the truthfulness of mpolo, and which roles were discarded.
There is presumably at least 1 and possibly 2 killers out there - 1 Serial Killer, 1 Mafia Cop. I'm going to assume there aren't more than that, and that similarly there aren't more than 2 roleblockers. Note that 1 of the roleblockers is Serial Killer, and the other is mpolo's town roleblocker. Potentially, these two are one and the same (i.e. mpolo is the SK).

Firstly, there is always the possibility that the SK and/or mafia have withheld kills. I'm going to assume that in this small game that there's no good reason to do so. Also, no matter how many killers there are, N2 they could have all targeted me, which would have prevented the kill, so N1 is more interesting to me. Depending on time, I might look to see if I can prove my innocence via the lack of kill N2.

Assuming there is only 1 roleblocker, and that roleblocker is the Serial Killer, then the Serial Killer couldn't have been roleblocked. They didn't target me N1, and we have seen no other signs of ways of preventing people's deaths (apart from this healing aura, whatever it is), so this doesn't make sense, assuming they tried to kill someone.

Assuming there is only 1 roleblocker and that roleblocker is not the Serial Killer (i.e we have a single mafia), then that would imply that mpolo blocked moody, and successfully prevented him killing someone, so moody would be mafia.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:00 pm UTC

I really don't like jimbob's recent posts. When I've seen him as scum, he always has a lot of long, logical posts to make himself look townie. I've said multiple times before that he's scary as scum, and if I'm right about there only being one mafia, he's just about the only one it could be (unless matt is lying, but if so we'll find out as soon as he gets around to claiming).

Vote: jimbobmacdoodle

Return to “Mafia”