MMM II - Day 3: The Massacre at Munroe High

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: MMM II - Day 3: The Massacre at Munroe High

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:11 am UTC

Thanks for running this to all the mods. I enjoyed playing with a slightly different style for the majority of actions (i.e. note passing) and I think it worked ok, although labelling the game as pseudo-nightless probably wasn't accurate.

I found it ironic that I think that I was the first to suggest a note-controlled kill but then promptly got killed by said ability. At least I took generalz down with me, which led to amusing joint death flavour.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:38 pm UTC

Welp, nothing Carlington could have said was going to convince me after finally getting a result on my ability…

If I had submitted a "hide", would we have had a tie game?
Image <-- Evil experiment

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:02 pm UTC

Znirk wrote:
SDK wrote:Thanks for finishing that up, Bessie (and Diemo). You put in a lot more work than I did, but it was fun to hash this one out.

To the players, what did you think of the ability to choose whether or not to be affected by certain abilities in this game (the note-passing roles)?

True, and I forgot those thanks -- excellent job, mod team.

The note passing ... hard to tell (I never got a note), but it feels like something that would shine more in a longer/larger game. Now we went from "Oh hey, [other] people can pass notes [too]" through "Oh hey, accepting a note can get you killed" fairly directly to "Oh hey, the game's over". This time it was more of a power density mitigation system than something to play with in its own right.

Our plan worked!
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:20 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:If I had submitted a "hide", would we have had a tie game?

No. bessie asked for feedback on how to resolve that, and I voted to give mafia the win.

"No, should be a mafia win. You're right that Znirk can't kill mpolo, but that's why unlimited bulletproof is never truly unlimited. Write some flavor about how you can't be undercover if you're the only one left and we're good to go."

Giving the town the tie in a 1v1 situation is dumb, in my opinion. They mislynched, mafia deserves to win.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Return to “Mafia”