Secret Santa 2016 - D5 - Happy New Year!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

moody7277

Re: Secret Santa 2016 - A Very Aussie Christmas

Postby moody7277 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:09 pm UTC

adnapemit wrote:
moody7277 wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:moody, can you explain a bit more on the little birdy? Do you think one of the redirectors interfered with the power? How trustworthy is that info to you?

If someone that the consensus has a more townie read on asked me that, I might answer. For you, not so much.

GoP may be looking scummy but why not answer? At least the last part of it. Moody, do you have any reason for thinking the information is wrong or even any reason that you think it's trustworthy? If you don't then what is your opinion on how accurate it could be?
If you did think there was anything untrustworthy about it, as the person who received the results I think it would be important to say even if you didn't reveal the exact reason.

To fully answer that question of his would require a role claim, which for scum!GoP would be the point of the exercise. I will say again that the investigation was not something I did, it was sent to me by a third party. So that whomever out there may recognize their work, I will say it was sent via carolers. SDK pointed out that, according to the way Madge set up the game, there probably aren't any millers unless someone submitted one.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:21 pm UTC

emlightened wrote:Whenever someone targets me, they are roleblocked. However, if I am targeted on three separate nights, or targeted by three people on one night, I die.
Splitting hairs here, but I don't think that his is how someone would phrase that ability. Unless you expect abilities with multiple targets, it's much clearer and simpler to just write that the player is immune to all abilities.

@Carlington: any new thoughts/reads?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:26 pm UTC

Right, I've got a few minutes, so here are some quick thoughts. I should have chance to post again this evening, so if anybody has anything they'd like my thoughts on specifically, or a player they want me to look at in particular, please say so, as I doubt I'll have time for a full re-read of everything.

Looking at the day end reads from yesterday and other bits and pieces:
I liked matt's, because he focuses on his reasoning behind why different players are scummy or not (even though I disagree with some of the reads). However, he didn't post reads on kalira (flipped as scum) or emlightened (currently a good scum candidate due to moody's result). I also find his "give Gopher a break" post a little weird, but could be something like a neutral team-mate or lover etc protecting someone else. However, if one of them flips scum, the other deserves a close look at.

@Matt - please post your reads on, as a minimum, emlightened, moody, adnapemit, and GoP, in that order.

Emlightened's order basically matched my own, at least with regards to scum/not scum. Interestingly, her top two scum picks at the time have flipped as scum.

@emlightened - you accused GoP of active lurking. Why did you find that so? Also, assuming your scum list is in order, why did you not vote for kalira at that point? Also, in your updated reads before deadline, what didn't you like about matt's reads?

@GoP - what about matt's post didn't inspire you with much conifdence?

I'm beginning to wonder if emlightened is a Serial Killer - scum reads on confirmed scum, but otherwise struck me as fairly scummy herself, and doesn't vote for kalira, who might have been her night target, thinking that it was more important to her to deal with mafia first.

Regarding votals, I'm not sure there's a huge amount to learn. I think that if there's scum on RR's wagon, it is most likely matt, because I find the other three townie. If I read the rest of the results correctly, I see that 4 players didn't vote, and 4 voted were the only people voting for their candidate, but I can't see anything that particularly makes it clear one way or another, without doing full vote timelines. Emlightened's vote to try to start an alternate wagon could be seen as scummy, given RR's flip, especially so if GoP flips as non-mafia at some point, but I don't think it's a clear indicator as such.

I believe it entirely likely that moody received the results as claimed, although that still doesn't make him town, as he could have simply lied about the results. Regarding lynching, or simply forcing emlightened's death, I think it is likely that emlightened has the claimed death method, but at the same time, I don't think we should wait, if we are going to lynch emlightened, due to my earlier comment re. SK, and also because if she's mafia, there's a good chance she's the last one and that we're looking for an SK (based on the second kill last night and no claim so far from anybody).

Out of time for now.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:20 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I received a gift of sorts last night, but don't wish to discuss further details at this point. If I suddenly keel over and die, you should probably lynch the gift giver.
I understand why you wouldn't want to reveal more about your gift but why would you make such a strong statement? Would it be apparent from your death that it was the gift that killed you? Also if you die due to it now the giver will know not to reveal him/herself. I just don't fathom what led you to make that statement.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:52 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I received a gift of sorts last night, but don't wish to discuss further details at this point. If I suddenly keel over and die, you should probably lynch the gift giver.
I understand why you wouldn't want to reveal more about your gift but why would you make such a strong statement? Would it be apparent from your death that it was the gift that killed you? Also if you die due to it now the giver will know not to reveal him/herself. I just don't fathom what led you to make that statement.
Because gifts could be fake and I'm paranoid. I don't want to say more today about my gift, but at the least an unexplained death should suggest not to trust certain gifts. It will be up to the remaining players to figure out what not to trust, and potentially that'll also allow players to figure out who the giver is. Of course my death might be due to other causes, but I'm trying to give a potentially useful warning.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:34 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Because gifts could be fake and I'm paranoid.
I don' t think giving out fake gifts works well with the Town alignment. Though technically there's nothing that prevents it but it becomes such a useless ability.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:and potentially that'll also allow players to figure out who the giver is.
How do you envision this to happen if nobody admits to it?

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:02 pm UTC

A few more responses to D1 content.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Bessie: her first post with content looks pretty poor to me, with most of it made discussing the setup and irrelevant details before deciding not to like kalira or adnapemit for flavour discussion. As noted before, I get the feeling that she's tunnelling too much on kalira and emlightened. I really don't see the connection she sees.

emlightened wrote:bessie seems to be quite back-and-forth, with most of her recent content being between individual players and again suggestive of many non-town/scum. I don't quite see Kalria's writing talent anywhere, though I'm guessing that's from elsewhere? Not got a problem with fishing for answers; probably town.

There are quite a few of you, of which kalira is one, who are able to make a beautifully constructed post, where you present all your thoughts and connections clearly, and make it look so easy. I can’t do that. When I write my posts out, they’re a bunch of random bullet points of things I am thinking. Then I rearrange them and try to draw together and communicate my points (which can take me hours) and I don’t think I’m very good at it. For example, I thought from page 1 that there was a connection between emlightened and kalira. The connection (real or imaginary) is clear in my head but I (apparently) can’t write it out in a way to show everyone else see what I was seeing. I tried in this post to show the connection by quoting a bunch of things that I thought showed an interaction. Then I made a summary of their posts here but again I failed to communicate this to anyone and this has been quite frustrating to me. So because I can’t seem to build a case, I usually make lists or I quote and reply, because if I didn’t I would never finish a post.

matt96 wrote:SirGabriel
I generally like what I see here, not sure why bessie would call him Indie other than more "fishing for reactions". Probable town

bessie
Seems to me like a second, yet somehow more provocative SDK. The only way I'd be able to tell if she is scum is through process of elimination, and I don't like that.
I called jimbobmacdoodle indie, I had SirGabriel as town. And, thanks for the compliment?

kalira wrote:FWIW, I did remember reading the word poison in the opening flavor. It's a little weird that you're so suspicious of that post because I said "they died because of what they ate" rather than "it literally says poison in flavor."

kalira wrote:Alternately, could indicate the presence of a poisoning power, given that they died because of what they ate/drank.
It literally said poison in the flavor. kalira selectively quoted herself. I think in this post she is trying to draw attention away from what I was reading as a connection with emlightened.

On to D2.

This is an odd comment. How are we supposed to lynch the gift giver?

adnapemit wrote:bessie:
Considered FoSing emlightened and kalira over comments of flavour. 8-3-1-1-1 setup spec.
There was a lot of focus on kalira who did turn out to be scum but I'm not sure if this is good scum hunting or a plan to get kalira lynched and flip scum. I didn't see anything odd in what kalira posted but maybe I was just looking at it too differently or maybe bessie knew something I didn't. Does make a good point about Sabrar and a convenient memory lapse. Either scum has a plan to viciously attack each other to prove their townness or she is town. If I look at other parts of her posts that don't involve kalira or emlightened I would say she is probably town..so I will place her slightly townie.

emlightened: Only provided analysis at the end of day 1. Kalira as most scummy. Could just be trying to distance herself from bessie associating her with kalira or like others actually found kalira scummy.
This got me thinking about whom besides me found kalira scummy at the end of D1.

Summary of kalira opinions on D1:
adnapemit- none
bessie- scum
Carlington- neutral/scummy
Djehutynakht- none
emlightened- between scummy and neutral
Gopher of Pern- content OK
jimbobmacdoodle- slightly scummy
Matt96- none
moody7277- slightly townie
RoadieRich- none
Sabrar- neutral
SDK- leans town
SirGabriel- slightly townie

Interesting. My D1 town picks found kalira townie, while my D1 scum picks found kalira scummy. I’m not sure if there is a conclusion I can draw from this though. Adding it to my database.

Gopher of Pern wrote:That last point - if it was a vig, that decreases the chance of an SK, and therefore we have a good chance of their being only 2 scum left. Some claiming might be advantageous.
I don’t agree that a vig kill of kalira decreases the chance of a serial killer. Just from reading the 3 revealed roles alone, we had a roleblocker, and kalira had a possible kill independent of the mafia kill. Town can also have a doctor, bulletproof, jailer, PGO, etc. Oh, I see Sabrar addresses this too in his next post.

Sabrar wrote:You did not post for 3 days (or 2 if you count weekends for half) in a game where 1 post/day is preferred according to the rules.
This remark bothers me a little. It is further indication of Sabrar’s highly organized mind.

emlightened wrote:I wonder if moody and jimbob had the same gift/present giver(s), or if the role is very versatile. Given that moody received information and jimbob probably an item, I'm inclined to the former.
Just to clarify, do you think one player sent two separate gifts?

adnapemit wrote:
My role specifies that under certain conditions out of my control(which you as a group can force), I die.
Like you get lynched because because people vote for you :P
I really hope that emlightened flips scum because I will find it difficult to vote for adnapemit after this.

Gopher of Pern wrote:bessie, why are you tunnelling so hard on jimbob? Do you have a lie detector or something?
I wasn’t intending to tunnel on jimbob. I was answering SirGabriel’s D1 question, which was posted after my D1 participation ended. I hadn’t had an opportunity to get to anyone else yet. Don’t worry, you will all get your turns!

Gopher of Pern, you wouldn’t mind copying and posting this would you?

I am town.
I am not independent.
I am not mafia.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if emlightened is a Serial Killer - scum reads on confirmed scum, but otherwise struck me as fairly scummy herself, and doesn't vote for kalira, who might have been her night target, thinking that it was more important to her to deal with mafia first.
I’m not following your suspicion of emlightened as a serial killer. Interestingly, on D1 you said you wouldn’t be surprised if kalira turned out to be anti-town with a kill. Incidentally, I’m not seeing kalira as a serial killer’s target, but that doesn’t mean anything.

Carlington, how about some reads?

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:35 pm UTC

For your indulgence:

I am town.
I am not independent.
I am not mafia.

I still don't see the relevance, unless you do indeed have a lie detector.

I would also like to know why we could easily lynch the gift giver.

jimbob, I saw matt's post as being there just to simply post something to get heat off. Of course, actions since then has mollified that feeling, so it doesn't look nearly as bad.

Sabrar, that could indeed be the way it was worded, as with this game, someone could indeed have multiple abilities, or have multiple targets. We already have one role revealed with more than one target.

moody, I did not think it would require a full role claim, which I don't think you would do. But you could have provided more info in your first post, as opposed to dodging the question entirely as you did.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:52 pm UTC

I had a very full weekend and am headed to work now, so quick reads with a focus on things that caught my attention:

moody's result claim is interesting, and I still see him as town, albeit a touch reticent about providing more information. If what he says about requiring a full role claim is true then I suppose that's understandable. Town.
@moody: was the result you got that some players from that trio are "scum" or are "mafia"?

bessie is still not afraid to poke people and give strong opinions, and she is definitely willing to defend them rather than back down, which makes it hard for me to buy her being anything but town.

jimbob has had some weirdness about giving out information as well, but his is more confusing because his reasoning for it seems to be just "figure it out, I'm not telling". Still, on balance with the rest of his content, neutral/town.

Sabrar has been, as ever, astute in picking up on things that seem a little off. I also really like his strong disagreement with people claiming lying town is commonplace. Fairly town

Trying to normalise lying town seems like laying the groundwork for a later gambit attempt from scum - ordinarily I wouldn't expect to see it, but I can envision scum being hit hard D1/N1 and having their team cut in half and maybe even down to one member, getting scared and deciding to go for a high-risk/high-reward play.

I have to go now, but I want to get down first that I'd be happy with a lynch on GoP or emlightened today, they are my scum picks - the rest of the players are either neutral or I didn't get time to read properly, mostly the latter.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:06 am UTC

We would like to remind everyone you cannot claim or even hint at the role you submitted, however vaguely. (And you can't reverse-claim either, like "I didn't submit an investigative power")

Please don't ask pointed questions to people you suspect have your role to determine if they do or do not have it and how it may or may not have changed.

I've seen examples of it happening and for the moment we are going to let it slide, though there's one that we are still debating over.

Consider this your only warning.

If you think someone is asking you questions to try to determine if they sent your role in or not, feel free not to answer them and use this post as justification.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:08 am UTC

Current Votals:

Emlightened (1) - SDK

6 people needed for hammer.

Day 2 ends in 1 day and 5 hours.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:33 am UTC

Vote: emlightened

They haven't done anything to explain their weird behaviour day 1, and I'm more inclined to trust moody than not, despite my misgivings.

I don't know where everyone got that I was advocating that town lying is common. I just said that town never lying is a naive way to play the game.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:00 am UTC

bessie wrote:
Carlington wrote:Alright, I guess I've learned that policies like Lynch All Lurkers exist for a reason - they work!
So do you think we should lynch Djehutynakht next?

bessie wrote:FoS Carlington

Third on the wagon.

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:38 am UTC

I'm pretty drunk
Right now, but bessie might be a serial
Killer.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:47 am UTC

@SDK: when you're less drunk (hopefully before N2) could you elaborate why you think bessie might be SK?

On an entirely different note, how likely do you think that we have at least 3 kill-powers (either from roles or alignments) in this game?

@Carlington: please let us know the reasons why you find emlightened and Gopher of Pern scummy, don't just hitch yourself to their wagon.

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:18 am UTC

This time I am prepared to vote.

I wont be online much between now and the deadline.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:08 pm UTC

By my count emlightened is at L-2, please don't vote for her prematurely because she could self-hammer to deny us from having more time to discuss things.
For the record I think she is a good lynch-target today.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:50 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:I don't know where everyone got that I was advocating that town lying is common. I just said that town never lying is a naive way to play the game.

Gopher of Pern wrote:With the lying thing, I have lied multiple times as town, and will lie again, if I think it helps towns chances at winning the game.

Mainly this one, it shows (at least to me) that you do don't think about it twice, if according to you it's a good idea to lie then you just do it.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:31 pm UTC

Current Votals:

Emlightened (4) - SDK, Gopher of Pern, bessie, adnapemit

Day 2 ends in 17.5 hours.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:36 pm UTC

I wouldn't be surprised if this is my last proper post before deadline. FYI, I plan to consume my gift following this post. I won't be saying any more about the gift at this point, nor will I be explaining my comments relating to it any further today, with the exception that I don't know what the effect of my gift is, so calling it fake is perhaps bad phrasing on my part. I may do so in the future though.

Following a quick re-read mostly of adnapemit's, moody's and emlightened's posts.

adnapemit - I like her reads post, and approve that she has put thoughts on flips combined with those reads. I also like how she doesn't just jump straight to "let's lynch emlightened" before trying to find out more about the accuracy of moody's results.

emlightened - I don't like her first post following moody's claim. Instantly, she puts adnapemit as in her scummy pile, from slightly townie/neutral, based on her previous reads. I assume that it is because of moody's claim that she did this, but there's otherwise no justification. Hasn't posted since I made my previous 2 posts with questions for her.

moody - generally feeling ok about him, but I think he is putting too much weight in matt's anti-vote-shenanigans action. However, I haven't seen much content from him on D2.

I wish I had more time to look at others, but with two scum down already, we aren't likely going to have more than 2 among the current 11 survivors, so most remaining people are presumably town, and 1 of the scum is among this moody/adnapemit/emlightened group in all likelihood.

GoP has been quite bristly, but I don't know if that makes him scum, and I don't have time to look at him.

Given the above reads, I'd be inclined to vote emlightened, but don't feel a need to, what with the L-2 situation, and no other competing wagons to worry about.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:57 pm UTC

I've been informed what the effect of the gift was after I used it. It was not fatal.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:24 pm UTC

Due to upcoming deadline I would like to request a mod-prod on Djehutynakht, emlightened and matt96.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:30 pm UTC

Just woke up, getting caught up on the thread now.

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:28 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@SDK: when you're less drunk (hopefully before N2) could you elaborate why you think bessie might be SK?

When she lampshaded her third vote on the wagon, it made me realize what might have been up with her this game. I'm not sure why I didn't recognize the possibility earlier, but she's been bugging me a bit here and there. Generally great content, great reads as well, but just the construction of her posts and her apparent motivation were making me twitch occasionally. She's probably town, but if we do have an SK, she's a good candidate.

Sabrar wrote:On an entirely different note, how likely do you think that we have at least 3 kill-powers (either from roles or alignments) in this game?

It all depends on what we put in, right? If we submitted 4 killing roles, we have 4 killing roles. I suspect it's unlikely that Madge would have included an SK if we had submitted more than 1 killing role, so I guess 2 is a decent guess (with or without an SK).

More later. Didn't realize we have 15 hours until deadline still. That's good.

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:44 pm UTC

SDK wrote:I'm pretty drunk
Right now, but bessie might be a serial
Killer.

SDK, I'm disappointed with this post. You only needed to move two words for this to be haiku.

I'm leaving for work soon but will be home before deadline.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:05 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I think he is putting too much weight in matt's anti-vote-shenanigans action.

I agree that I'm more sensitive to being pinged by vote shenanigans than the average person, especially in the opposite direction than matt did. As far as I remember, this moved him to more likely than not town from the insufficient data status I had him at in my snap judgement.

Re SDK's drunk hypothesis about bessie: given how vehemently anti-kalira she was D1, I wouldn't be surprised if she was responsible for ghosting kalira. I'm not sure if I want to go all the way to "bessie's a SK" like he thinks, vig would still be a decent possibility.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:42 pm UTC

bessie wrote:SDK, I'm disappointed with this post. You only needed to move two words for this to be haiku.

I'm a free-form poet. Don't put my words in a box. :P

(True story: The "return" key is apparently too close to the "space" key on my phone)

moody7277 wrote:Re SDK's drunk hypothesis about bessie: given how vehemently anti-kalira she was D1, I wouldn't be surprised if she was responsible for ghosting kalira. I'm not sure if I want to go all the way to "bessie's a SK" like he thinks, vig would still be a decent possibility.

Vig doesn't account for her behavior, which is basically 100% of my theory. I'm going to stop talking about this for now though. Just throwing it out there for consideration later.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:20 pm UTC

I don't see SK!bessie killing kalira, unless she was 1000% sure she would flip scum. Her flipping Town would have been terrible for her.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:33 pm UTC

At some point we need to do something about Djehutynakht. He has zero relevant game content and it's almost N2.

I'll be awake for another 2-3 hours and should be able to phone-post just before deadline if it's necessary.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:14 am UTC

I sent DJ a modprod yesterday. If he doesn't make a substantive post within 24 hours of D3 being declared, we will replace him.

I will prod emlightened and matt96 shortly.

Current Votals:

Emlightened (4) - SDK, Gopher of Pern, bessie, adnapemit

Please submit your night actions in advance if you can.

Day 2 ends in 5.75 hours.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:25 am UTC

How do people feel about deadline timing for the end of D3?

Midnight UTC xmas morning sound alright? It makes it a shorter day than normal though (3 days instead of 4 - well, 2.5 days since it includes a Saturday).

Or should we go for, say, Midnight on the 27th (i.e. 48 hours after the time linked above) to give people some more time, especially as we may be getting a replacement for DJ as well?

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:03 am UTC

SDK wrote:Don't put my words in a box.

:mrgreen:
Sorry I couldn't resist.

Madge, I'm OK with whatever everyone else wants.

SDK

Postby SDK » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:49 am UTC

More time over the holidays would be good. I'll be sporadic from the 22 on.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:59 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Matt - please post your reads on, as a minimum, emlightened, moody, adnapemit, and GoP, in that order.

emlightened- given RR's flip, I would not be surprised if emlightened is also scum, having tried to redirect the wagon twice yesterday, and I'm not sure if I'm willing to believe the claim of dying if targeted too much, could be a trap for a mass PGO or something. I do find it a bit odd that the first posted reads list was only up to page 2, when the more substantive discussion didn't start until there, but I can see how some people might prefer to look over everything in the order it was posted instead of person by person. No problems with lynching.

moody- I'm viewing moody much more positively today, partly due to the number of dead scum, partly due to sharing the information despite plausibility of some power changing its recipient from the point of view of the gift giver, putting both together means almost no chance of being mafia from my point of view.

adnapemit- harder to read, pinging me much less than in the recent vanilla game, would guess town based on numbers and emlightened looking scummier.

GoP- I can see that he is being rather defensive, but there isn't really much benefit to most people in letting themselves get lynched, I think it would be fine to consider his actions so far scummy, but the high number of scum deaths so far is enough for me to call him town so far.

I would like to hear more from Jimbob about today's present tommorow.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:02 am UTC

Day 2 ends in one hour. Unless anyone particularly wants a tighter deadline, D3 will run through christmas day. I will use the "4 days, weekends count half" rule, only with christmas day counting as 0.

A reminder that you can submit your night action before deadline.

Deadline clock: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... sive&csz=1

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:59 am UTC

I know I'm cutting this close and I apologise.

emlightened and GoP:
Neither has done much to raise themselves from my reads yesterday. in ems case this is added to by the moody result. GoP, it's a combo of gut feeling and his interactions with others (role fishing w moody? weird comments re lurkers and Mafia?) I feel now chill with SDK moreso than earlier, so they have both slid relative him as well. Deadline so imma hit submit now. Promise more tomorrow (working in a post office - the week before xmas is mad busy, who knew?!)
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:01 am UTC

And so, Kylie Xenakis-King and her husband Gary Clarke-Dyer, along with the assorted uncles and aunties, rounded up the remaining kids and piled them into the motley assortment of Holdens (well, Aunty Rach had a Ford, but we don’t like to talk about her).

They made good time, arriving at Nan and Pop’s (on the Clarke-Dyer side; not the ones who had been poisoned, naturally!) at 11. Although it was really beginning to heat up, Nan and Pop had a nice stretch of verandah that would fit a table big enough for the entire family and then some. It would be especially easy to fit everyone, now that there were three fewer of them.

Everyone started piling out of the car, adults, kids, and of course a couple of presents for Nan and Pop (socks and undies, as usual). The kids descended upon Nan and Pop’s tree, tearing open their presents and beginning to enjoy them.

Most of the adults sat around the table, as Kylie, Aunty Rach and Uncle Jimmo headed into the kitchen to help Nan and Pop with the last minute preparations.

“I can’t wait to see the looks on the kids’ face when they see this lolly tree I made from chupa-chups!” Nan said, bursting with pride at her creation.

“They’ll love it!” Kylie asked her mother-in-law, who was busy seeing to the potatoes.

Kylie laughed. “Come on, let me give you a hand with that.” She said, grabbing a tea-towel and pushing Nan away from the oven. “I can flip the potatoes for you, no prob.”

“Oh no dear, I’ll take care of it. It’s really my pleasure.” Nan pushed back a bit, resisting the help; everything had to be just so, and she didn’t have the heart to tell Kylie that she was an awful cook.

The light-hearted struggle ensued until Kylie, in a last fit of strength, pushed her mother in law aside. Finally, she could help turn the potatoes! As she reached into the oven to grab the tray with the tea-towel, her bare arms touched one of the oven trays; she jumped with a start at the jolt, closing the door on her arms. She screamed.

Nan pulled the oven door open and shooed her daughter-in-law over to the sink, to rinse her burned arms under the cool water. Things were not looking good.

“Oh dear Kylie. That looks awful. We should really take you to the emergency room.” Aunty Rach said, concerned.

“Nah, I’ll be right.” Kylie said, tears in her eyes. “Don’t mind me.”

“Don’t be silly. Mum, can you please get some clean tea-towels?” Aunty Rach ordered as Nan scurried to the linen cabinet. “Let’s get you patched up, I’m sure we can get you back home in time for lunch…”

And so, Kylie allowed herself to be placed into Aunty Rach’s Ford (ew!) and together, the two ladies went to the emergency room...

Emlightened has been lynched. Her role will be revealed in the morning.

It is now night. You have 24 hours to submit your night action, or you will forfeit it.

Madge

Re: Secret Santa 2016 - N2 - A Trip to the Emergency Room

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:32 am UTC

Night actions are being processed. You now may not change the actions you submitted. Night results will be sent out shortly. Day start flavour will be longer...

Madge

Re: Secret Santa 2016 - N2 - A Trip to the Emergency Room

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:07 am UTC

Kylie and Auntie Rach had just phoned from the emergency room to wish everyone a Happy Christmas and to apologise for not being there; things were surprisingly busy at the ER on Christmas day, so after an initial treatment, she was put back into the queue. She probably wouldn’t get her burns dressed until the afternoon. Kylie was in good spirits, though, and apologised for trying to push Nan around in her own kitchen. And so, it seemed as though things were calm in the family.

Soon, everyone was sat at the table, lunch at the ready - the full spread! Prawn cocktails, roast lamb, cold ham and of course a rolled turkey roast. A green salad with mango and avocado and Nan’s famous potatoes, carrots, broccoli completed the set. What more could you ask for?

Before their lunch, everyone grabbed their Christmas Crackers, crossed their arms, and pulled with all their might!

They were just the cheap crackers from Woolies - not the fancy ones from Myer - so the crappy little plastic toys, cheap rings, and even worse jokes (“What do you get if you cross Santa with a duck?” “A Christmas Quacker!”) were a source of laughter as everyone read them to each other and put their paper hats on.

People began digging in, pigging out on the assortment of food, laughing and chatting merrily away about their new toys, the year behind them, and avoiding all discussion of politics. It was about half an hour before they realized that Bluey - the wranger kid - was being oddly quiet even though he should be hopped up on sugar.

It looked like he was asleep; Gazza gave him a shake. “Eh, bluey? Bluey? You awake?”

Groggily, Bluey smiled for a moment, before proceeding to chuck up all over his dacks.

“Oh my god, you right mate?” Gazza said, grabbing a napkin and starting to wipe the vomit off the kid’s pants. “Looks like you might have a tummy bug! Let’s get you to another room to lie down, hey?”

And so, Gazza picked up his boy Bluey, changed him, and tucked him into the spare bedroom.

Then, he went back down to join his family in the festivities while the kid sleeped it off! After all, Nan’s potatoes were not to be missed!

Emlightened was lynched yesterday. She was an Overly Excited Child, aligned with town.

Moody was killed in the night. He was Ebenezer Scrooge, Spectral Medium, aligned with town.

Role PMs:

Spoiler:
Emlightened's Role wrote:Name - Overly Excited Child

Description -
CHRISTMAS!!!! IT'S HERE!!!! PRESENTS!!!!!! Time to open everything, run around and be generally obnoxious! You are so excited that when someone targets you, you ignore them and they get frustrated with you. However, you are a kid, and you have limited energy. If three people target you in one night, or you roleblock people three nights in a row, you are deemed too naughty, get a smack, and are sent to your room for the rest of the Christmas celebrations!

Mechanics -
If you are targeted, you roleblock the person targeting you. If three or more people are roleblocked by you in one night, or you roleblock people on three separate nights, you die.

Win Condition - You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Moody's Role wrote:Role Name - Ebenezer Scrooge, Spectral Medium

Role Description -
You are Scrooge, and apparently have the ability to see ghosts! That should come in handy with people dying left and right. With any luck, this Christmas will be even more interesting than that necromantic experience that changed your curmudgeonly ways. Well, sure, you were back to penny-pinching come New Year's, but those few days of kindness were more than enough to pay off your years of being a wanker, right?

Role Mechanics -
At the start of every day, one of the mods will create a new PM thread with all the dead players, scrooge, and the mods. Everyone may talk freely in this thread. All dead players, scrooge, and the mods must be included in all PM's. Dead players cannot communicate privately among themselves, and cannot read spoilers until Scrooge is dead.

Win Condition - You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

It is now Day 3. Deadline is in just under 6 days.

There are 9 players alive, 5 to hammer.

All dead players may now read spoilers.

Sabrar

Re: Secret Santa 2016 - D3 - Lunchtime!

Postby Sabrar » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:23 am UTC

So we lynch adnapemit today, right? No need to rush votes, let's use the time to discuss things.

If emlightened had turned out to be scum then I would have reconsidered my stance on Gopher of Pern, as starting an alternate wagon on D1 on another scum-buddy is usually not the best idea.

I wonder if moody left some hints on who SirGabriel targeted N1. Will need to reread.

More later.

Return to “Mafia”