Wheel of Time 2 - The White Tower (D6)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

bessie

Re: Wheel of Time 2 - The White Tower (D3)

Postby bessie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:05 am UTC

Madge wrote:I received an item, but I don't think that exactly counts as a message. I have a one-shot kill due to receiving a dagger.

Wow, what a remarkable coincidence you received a dagger on the same night the Black Ajah gained a factional kill!

A dagger? Not a ter’angreal or something that would actually fit with the flavor?

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:11 am UTC

Sorry, I'm speaking in non-flavour speak because I don't understand flavour.

I received one of the Tower's ter'angreal, which is the Ebony Dagger

It's weird I got it when the black team got a factional kill but... I'm not on their team. Maybe killing SirG will be playing into their hands? I'm happy to let this kill go to an "underline vote" if people want to. I trust the wisdom of the crowd more than my own scumhunting ability, but this only works if all you hesitant townie people vote on it, so if I don't get a majority of people voting I'll just do whatever the heck I want.

Hopefully Sabrar has a result that killing one of the people in question will get info for us, then I can just use it to get info which would be nice.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Sabrar

Re: Wheel of Time 2 - The White Tower (D2)

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:08 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Carlington has been mod-prodded.
When can we expect a resolution on this?

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Wheel of Time 2 - The White Tower (D2)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:35 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Carlington has been mod-prodded.
When can we expect a resolution on this?
I will be looking for replacement or modkilling in about 24 hours time (I grant roughly 48 hours from the modpod for meaningful content).
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:44 pm UTC

Here's my attempt to find connections between Jude and somebody else:

bessie - A bit of back and forth with Jude concerning setup spec, both thought GoP and I were a team (for the record, we're not). Nothing really stands out in her posts. But the fact that Jude started the last-minute alternate wagon which ended up saving bessie D1 does not look good for her.

Carlington - Placed Jude in the exact center of his town-to-scum list. Never mentions Jude outside of that analysis post, but on the other hand doesn't have much content at all outside of that post.

dimochka - Found Jude scummy on D2, claims to have killed Jude. Almost certainly not Black Ajah.

Gopher of Pern - Has Jude as neutralish D1, then after the sudden shift in wagon becomes suspicious of Jude. Jude is near the scummy end of his D2 town-to-scum list (with only bessie and ahippo as scummier). Probably not Black Ajah.

Madge - Jude is one of many players who she never mentions by name.
moody - Mentions Jude's random vote, then has Jude as the second towniest on his town-to-scum list. Was the second vote (after Jude) on Diemo's wagon D1. A Jude/bessie/Madge scum team would make a lot of sense given his behavior.

matt96 - No real content about Jude or anyone else. Tied the votals D1 after Jude started the alternate wagon. But he's a confirmed double-voter, and that's way too strong a power to give to one member of a three-man mafia team in a game this size.

mpolo - Mentions Jude a few times, doesn't seem to have any strong opinions about him (or about anyone else for that matter).

Sabrar - Has a lot of comments on, and questions for, everyone including Jude. Votes for Jude D2, later unvotes. I'm reading him as townie.

Based on people's behavior, I think the most likely scum team is Jude, bessie, and moody/Madge. And the fact that those are the same three scum reads I had in my D2 analysis post makes me even more confident in that conclusion.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:05 am UTC

This is me, apologising profusely, responding to the prod to confirm that I still exist, and catching up on the thread. From the glance I've given it I'm going to have a fun time figuring things out, but post incoming regardless.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:44 am UTC

Okay, so. That whole SirG/ahippo deal panned out way less confusingly being able to look at it in retrospect and due to the following:
Quick things: I can confirm SirG's claim, due to being a rolecop and targeting her last night (I submitted my target after ahippo denied SirG's claim, but before SirG changed her claim - not that you have any reason to believe that, barring my inactivity).
I feel safe in claiming this, based on other information I gained earlier. Based on that information, lovers of logic puzzles will surely have figured out what my intention is in claiming this, and act accordingly (please?)

I feel similarly odd about Madge claiming to receive a kill the same day scum received a kill. It could be a convenient way to sidestep a potential watcher or tracker result, I suppose.

Bus is pulling in now, I'm hitting submit.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:07 am UTC

Role-cop is to my knowledge more of a scummy power, plus given that scum has no chat that last part looks much like you trying to give instructions to your teammate.

FoS: Carlington

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:50 am UTC

Which last part was that? The part directed to Madge, or to a mystery recipient? If the former, I'm almost offended you think I'd be that unsubtle as scum. I certainly wouldn't think the same of you, having seen your scum play. :P
If the latter, then that's because I was trying to communicate instructions, but it certainly wasn't to scum - or if it was, I didn't know it and we're all royally screwed.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:53 am UTC

EBWOP: as regards rolecop being scummy - ordinarily I'd agree, but in this instance I can see the utility for town. What with the two competing factions, I think it would be very useful to be able to weed out members of other factions that could pose a threat to your leadership. Of course, this is all post-hoc seeing as I already have the role and am trying to mind read the mod. The bits I know are the bits I got from my role PM - rolecop, and initially unaligned.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:03 am UTC

Sorry, was posting from phone.
Carlington wrote:Based on that information, lovers of logic puzzles will surely have figured out what my intention is in claiming this, and act accordingly (please?)
Was referring to this. You cannot claim to be a part of SirGabriel's team if you targeted him. I don't think there would be Mason-like groups among the unaligned, so there's two possibilities fmpov, you're either scum or part of Siuan's team. However if it's the latter then I just don't see what kind of benefit your claim would have provided for the group, seeing that SirGabriel is surely Elaida (and I know this sounds silly after I was convinced yesterday that he was Siuan).

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:20 am UTC

Ah, I see the confusion now. I guess my wording was unclear:
Carlington wrote:I feel safe in claiming this, based on other information I gained earlier. Based on that information, lovers of logic puzzles will surely have figured out what my intention is in claiming this, and act accordingly (please?)
The pronoun phrase that I have italicised in the quote here refers to the information that "I feel safe in claiming this, based in other information I gained earlier" - not just the the information I gained earlier. Since a town rolecop is a pretty dangerous thing from scum's point of view, I'm really hoping the intended reader has worked out what I'm saying and knows what I want (and follows through).

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:23 am UTC

Ok, I see what I misunderstood. I still don't know why you would feel the need to claim, but for now:

UnFos

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:24 pm UTC

Since not much happened since yesterday morning, I don't think waiting with my info is beneficial anymore.

What I know:
Spoiler:
- I received a 1-shot Cop ability N1 in the form of a ter’angreal which a note said to be the Quartz Diviner
- I clarified with the mod that it would show the target's faction (e.g. Elaida supporter, unaligned or something like that)
- I also clarified that the ability would resolve after any recruitment happens, so I learn the new alignment of the target
- I used it on Madge last night since she attracted a lot of heat D2 because of moody's comment
- The result says that she belongs Siuan Sanche's faction (and from the wording I do no think I was redirected)
What I think:
Spoiler:
- Based on Madge's reveal we likely have an Inventor (or False Inventor) in the game who hands out these abilities
- If we have Inventor then Madge is either Town or Godfather who was recruited by Siuan
- If we have False Inventor then I would think that all inventions are 'rigged somehow' so Madge should not use the dagger
- Third possibility is that Madge is the False Inventor, gave me Naive/Insane-Cop ability N1, claims to have received a kill (for already mentioned reasons).
Because of the uncertainty it would be great to know which of these cases is true, but I don't think the Inventor should claim just yet (if s/he exists).
I waited with my info to see who would attack Madge but seeing as there are still multiple scenarios where she could be scum this might not be conclusive and with the weekend coming up I want the info out so we can discuss.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:21 pm UTC

Puppies. Lots of puppies.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:23 pm UTC

I put this off too late today. I am willing to accept Madge as probable town.

It seems likely (but not guaranteed) that the Black Ajah does not have a recruit in addition to it's new kill, assuming the note I got was from Jude.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:13 pm UTC

Sabrar, I'm inclined to believe your claim. As to what you think, I do not think Madge would be godfather, as that would be strange in this sort of game. Your power was a one-shot, so if its the only cop power, godfather is kinda useless, plus if they were godfather, I would have thought they would have come up as unaligned, rather than as part of a faction. False inventor is certainly possible, but doubtful due to flavour (unless there are flavour reasons the ter-angreal could be booby trapped?)

That leaves Madge, mpolo, Sirgabriel, and dimochka on my townie list.

Leaving Sabrar, Carlington, bessie, and matt on my naughty list.

Here are D1 Votals:
Spoiler:
Votals:
Diemo (5) - JudeMorrigan, moody7277, matt96(x2), Sabrar
bessie (3) - Gopher of Pern, SirGabriel, ahippo
ahippo (1) - Carlington

D2:
Spoiler:
ahippo(5): Gopher of Pern, Carlington, JudeMorrigan, mpolo, ahippo
Madge(1): SirGabriel
SirGabriel(3): bessie, Madge, Sabrar

Factors to consider:
Bessie was leading votals D1, until Jude (scum) started a wagon on a town.
Carlington voted for ahippo both times. Has been lurking.
Sabrar voted for town D1, almost certain Elaida second (but everyone voted for an Elaida faction, except for Madge), and sealed Diemo's fate.
matt96 has been lurking pretty hard, and pretty much enabled Diemo to be lynched, but does have a double vote power.

I'm wondering how much emphasis we should put on the double vote being a town ability. In this game of opposing town cults, it'd be powerful in either cults hands. Unless they are neutral town, and non-recruitable, I don't think we should dismiss the possibility they are scum.

Possible scum teams:
bessie - Carlington. Possible. I don't feel it. Possibly due to Carlington's lurkiness, but I don't feel any connections between them, and the votes don't help.

bessie - matt96. Likely. Jude and matt save bessie from a D1 lynching. Lay low during D2 because of all the Elaida business.

bessie - Sabrar. Possible. Sabrar took the opportunity to unvote bessie when she wasn't leading the votals anymore.

Carlington - matt. Possible. Both very lurkery, so it's hard to get a read on them.

Carlington - Sabrar. Unlikely. Little interaction between them, and less reasons for the votes.

matt - Sabrar - Possible. Less reason for votes on D1.

I might have a bias against bessie, due to my previous suspicion for her, but there is the alternate bandwagon formed by Jude that ultimately saved her. I still think she is most likely scum. Which actually puts matt as next likely, followed by Sabrar, then Carlington.

Matt, Sabrar, what were your reasons for picking Diemo over bessie?

I'll look more into their posts later, but for now:

Vote:bessie
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:03 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:I do not think Madge would be godfather,
True if this the only cop-power in game then GF does not make sense but there are a few players who haven't claimed their ability yet so it's still possible. As for GF showing part of a faction maybe Black Ajah can be 'recruited'? I mean it would be too easy if they could be identified by being unrecruitable. Though I admit it's a bit of a stretch.
Additional thought: if we have a real Cop then the chances of scum!Carlington just went up, as Cop + Rolecop + Oracle would be too much I think. Though I have been hilariously wrong about mod intention before...

Gopher of Pern wrote:(unless there are flavour reasons the ter-angreal could be booby trapped?)
No idea about this one.

Gopher of Pern wrote:bessie - Sabrar. Possible. Sabrar took the opportunity to unvote bessie when she wasn't leading the votals anymore.
Correction: I unvoted bessie when she still would have been lynched.

Gopher of Pern wrote:Matt, Sabrar, what were your reasons for picking Diemo over bessie?
As mentioned here I got serious vibes that the situation was similar to how D1 in the 2015 Secret Santa game played out. There were also 2 wagons there and when I thought that people were jumping to the one I was on for the wrong reasons I switched to the other and managed to lynch scum.
Also, if you're undecided then it's better to get rid of a lurker than someone who has plenty of content.

Request mod-prod on matt96

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:06 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Also, if you're undecided then it's better to get rid of a lurker than someone who has plenty of content.

Day 1 I would tend to agree with you. Later days... I feel this is less important, as if you let scum get away with posting a lot, that gives them more chance to sway town, whereas you can leave the lurking scum lie.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:20 pm UTC

I just got home (been at a funeral all day), I'll try to have a post up in an hour before people disappear for the weekend.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:01 am UTC

Yep, I'm a member of Siuan Sanche's faction - but not the leader. As a result I was quite happy for ahippo or SirG to be lynched yesterday, because I am pretty damn sure that we are opposed to them (dualling cults). My win condition requires that Siuan be placed as the Amyrlin Seat of the White Tower. So I'm guessing that Blue wants their guy in that seat. I'm obviously not cool with this.

Our faction does not have chat.

We also need to get rid of black, since they are explicitly listed as an antagonist of ours. However, my scumhunting ability sucks, so... I'm probably going to use my knife on SirG tonight since he's of a rival faction and we can hope the lynch will take care of the bad guys (or whoever did the night kill last night can keep going killing the black team, that would also be nice). Like it or not we've got two cults fighting as we try and root out the black team. So two of the three factions will be eliminated until someone wins.

BTW - does anyone know what happens if scum gets recruited into one of our factions?
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:30 am UTC

This is a little disjointed. I haven’t had time to make a decent post D2, so I’m just going to post what I’m thinking and not take too much time to organize it.

Unexpected (by me at least) information from the role reveals: the two (confirmed) factions did not have chat, however:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:His win condition was to control the leadership of the White Tower or to eliminate all other players (or if nothing could prevent that). His faction controls a night kill, but only after one of the faction members was killed. His faction did not have any chat abilities.
I’m wondering how this factional kill is going to work without chat. Is it possible that the Black Ajah faction has now gained chat?

Sabrar wrote: And what was the Black Ajah doing before they gained a kill?
I’m also wondering about this, if they don’t have a recruit. I will think about it.

OK, I’m pretty flavor blind. And I’ve already said that I’m not sure how much we should expect the game flavor to be more than flavor. But I’m going to go out on a limb and speculate that the ter’angreal are controlled by the Black Ajah.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:It was also not that long ago that a whole group of Sisters had fled the Tower, stealing many ter’angreal.

The flavor suggests Jude was using ter’angreal to pass notes.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:The Accepted presented a small wax tablet to Siuan. Leane gasped as she saw what was being presented. Quickly, she ushered the Accepted away.

“Well, that is something. I recognise it - it’s one of the stolen ter’angreals from the vaults. That can only mean one thing...”

So who else has claimed to have a ter’angreal?
bessie wrote:
Madge wrote:I received an item, but I don't think that exactly counts as a message. I have a one-shot kill due to receiving a dagger.

Wow, what a remarkable coincidence you received a dagger on the same night the Black Ajah gained a factional kill!

A dagger? Not a ter’angreal or something that would actually fit with the flavor?

Madge wrote:Sorry, I'm speaking in non-flavour speak because I don't understand flavour.

I received one of the Tower's ter'angreal, which is the Ebony Dagger
First thought when I saw this: nice save Madge. Later Sabrar claimed he too received a ter’angreal on N1 (Quartz Diviner). Ok, so maybe Madge does have a Quartz Dagger.

Re: Sabrar’s result
Sabrar wrote:- I received a 1-shot Cop ability N1 in the form of a ter’angreal which a note said to be the Quartz Diviner
- I clarified with the mod that it would show the target's faction (e.g. Elaida supporter, unaligned or something like that)
- I also clarified that the ability would resolve after any recruitment happens, so I learn the new alignment of the target
- I used it on Madge last night since she attracted a lot of heat D2 because of moody's comment
- The result says that she belongs Siuan Sanche's faction (and from the wording I do no think I was redirected)

To begin with, I don’t think that Madge belonged to Siuan’s faction on D2. She possibly was recruited last night. Maybe later we can debate the likelihood of Madge being recruited last night by Siuan (and the likelihood that someone gave Madge a 1-shot vig).

Reasons I don’t think Madge is a Siuan supporter (at least not on D2).
Madge’s first post after SirGabriel’s claim does not question his claim to be Siuan Sanche.
This post after my revised setup speculation with 3 factions (Black Ajah, Siuan supporters, Elaida supporters) and a pool of unaligned still does not question SirGabriel’s claim to be Siuan. Also suggests getting rid of SirGabriel’s (Siuan’s) faction first.

Reason I think Madge did belong to a faction on D1.
This remark by moody (re bessie/dimochka) has been nagging at me since D1. I’ve written it up in my notes, but never went anywhere with it.
moody7277 wrote:1. Staged confrontation (which would have to have been impromptu at this point) for the purpose of distancing between scum!dim and scum!bessie.
I always thought it was strange that he speculated scum!dimochka and scum!bessie would have an impromptu staged confrontation. I assumed scum had day chat because of the nightless setup. So I didn’t really see it as a scum tell. If moody was scum, he would have day chat so…what? Now that we know scum and the Elaida faction didn’t have day chat (at least on D1), this reads like moody started out as a member of a faction, but it’s not clear evidence it was the Black Ajah faction.

Conclusion: Madge was a member of a faction on D1, and was not a member of Siuan’s faction D2.

Back to Sabrar's cop result. If Sabrar is telling the truth about receiving an item and about his result, I think it’s possible that this is a false result, and the ter’angreal was given to Sabrar by the Black Ajah (modified or fake ter'angreal).

Third option, Sabrar is lying about having a ter’angreal and is covering for a scum slip by Madge.

Note on option #3. This makes me believe on D2 Sabrar was a member of a non-Elaida faction. Could be Suian’s faction or the Black Ajah faction.
Sabrar wrote:At this point I think ahippo's flip would give us the most information, plus he told us that he was an Elaida supporter so fmpov he can no longer be Town in any scenario.

I want to go to this post, because I’ve been thinking about it for a few days and it doesn’t feel right to me.
Sabrar wrote:- totally understand bessie's vote but I think it's selfish and placed for the wrong reasons. If you really think Madge is Black Ajah, shouldn't you be voting for her as they are 100% scum, while Siuan might still be on Town's side? It is always possible for SirGabriel to later change his mind while scum will want you dead no matter what you do.

I don’t agree with you at all. And I question why you would even say this. My vote was placed for the correct reasons and I was playing to my most likely win condition. At the time I made that post, my setup speculation was three recruiting factions and a pool of unaligned players from which to recruit. I theorized SirGabriel’s faction would not be recruiting me. There was a chance that one of the other factions would eventually recruit me, so it would be in my best interests to get rid of the faction to which I would never belong.

Additionally, I checked the rules, and there is no rule stating that you can’t play against your win condition, probably because for such a rule to exist each player would need a clearly defined win condition. But this is irrelevant at any rate, as I wasn’t playing against my win condition.

And regarding the odds of SirGabriel changing his mind about tunneling on me D3:
SirGabriel wrote:Based on people's behavior, I think the most likely scum team is Jude, bessie, and moody/Madge.
Pfft.

Gopher of Pern wrote:I'll look more into their posts later, but for now:

Vote:bessie

Just a general request to everyone: please don’t make placeholder votes. If you’re convinced someone is scum, go ahead, but it’s only 5 votes to hammer and matt has a double vote. You may regret a vote you placed just to throw something up there if the wagon forms fast.

Ninja'd by Madge. I'll be back.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:40 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:I do not think Madge would be godfather,
True if this the only cop-power in game then GF does not make sense but there are a few players who haven't claimed their ability yet so it's still possible. As for GF showing part of a faction maybe Black Ajah can be 'recruited'? I mean it would be too easy if they could be identified by being unrecruitable. Though I admit it's a bit of a stretch.

Madge wrote:BTW - does anyone know what happens if scum gets recruited into one of our factions?

My role PM says that not all players can be recruited to my faction and that a successful recruit does not necessarily mean the recruited player's win condition changed. So my guess is either cult can recruit anyone (Black Ajah or otherwise) who does not already belong to the other cult, but any Black Ajah who is recruited would keep their Black Ajah win condition and factional kill.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:46 am UTC

Real quick one: Bessie, I have an ebony dagger, not a quartz dagger. And the reason I didn't question SirG's claim is because I didn't want him to suspect I was an opposite faction and kill me or potentially an ally. I was Siuan's supporter from D1 which is why moody reacted the way he did. Hope that helps.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:08 am UTC

Madge, you are correct, I meant Ebony Dagger. I didn't proofread carefully.

Madge wrote:Yep, I'm a member of Siuan Sanche's faction - but not the leader. As a result I was quite happy for ahippo or SirG to be lynched yesterday, because I am pretty damn sure that we are opposed to them (dualling cults). My win condition requires that Siuan be placed as the Amyrlin Seat of the White Tower. So I'm guessing that Blue wants their guy in that seat. I'm obviously not cool with this.
I assume you're not Blue.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:32 am UTC

I'm not actually sure what colour I am. :oops:

Let me check my PMs....

Sorry, I am blue. I got confused. =/. I'm the Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah, whatever that means.

So, uh, DOWN WITH THOSE DIRTY RED TEAM.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:53 am UTC

Just when we think things are getting clearer.

The point about bessie being saved by a scum wagon is pretty damning for bessie.

My note did not seem to come from a ter'angreal for what it's worth. The message was presented as a "quote" in BB Code (which hadn't registered to me before), so I now have little doubt that Jude wrote it, probably targetting me for having enough flavor knowledge to understand Myrddraal.

Madge seems to be just suffering from flavor blindness. She probably thinks of her role by it's "name", so didn't have her Ajah clear. I think that Madge's not countering SirGabriel's claim was probably a good move, seeing as how Elaida almost certainly needs to still Siuan before she can seize power.

Vote: bessie

I would not object to our vig killing SirGabriel to reduce the probability that I have to worry about getting rid of a weak leader in the future. (Of course for purposes of the game, it might be that only the Blacks are unacceptable leaders…)

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:19 am UTC

matt96 has been modprodded.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:45 am UTC

A strong gust of wind blew in through one of the many windows around the day's meeting place at the back of the Library. It whistled around the gathered Sisters, and it was almost as if words could be made out in the noise of the air.

Votals:

bessie(2): Gopher of Pern, mpolo

Not voting: everybody else

A player has requested clarification on the following point: MYLO/LYLO will not be announced in thread.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:45 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:My note did not seem to come from a ter'angreal for what it's worth. The message was presented as a "quote" in BB Code (which hadn't registered to me before), so I now have little doubt that Jude wrote it, probably targetting me for having enough flavor knowledge to understand Myrddraal.

mpolo, Jude was using a ter’angreal . The wax tablet used to create the note you received is the ter’angreal.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:The Accepted presented a small wax tablet to Siuan. Leane gasped as she saw what was being presented. Quickly, she ushered the Accepted away.

“Well, that is something. I recognise it - it’s one of the stolen ter’angreals from the vaults. That can only mean one thing...”

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:48 pm UTC

OK. Missed that in the flavor text.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:46 pm UTC

I have some time, so I'll just get out of the way some things I noticed so far in day 3, this will likely be multipke posts just to get each separate thought up sooner.
bessie wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:His win condition was to control the leadership of the White Tower or to eliminate all other players (or if nothing could prevent that). His faction controls a night kill, but only after one of the faction members was killed. His faction did not have any chat abilities.
I’m wondering how this factional kill is going to work without chat. Is it possible that the Black Ajah faction has now gained chat?

Sabrar wrote: And what was the Black Ajah doing before they gained a kill?
I’m also wondering about this, if they don’t have a recruit. I will think about it.

I suppose the idea was that the Black ajah was intended to try to avoid getting exposed while letting the siuan and elaida's factional conflict weaken town.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:49 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:I would not object to our vig killing SirGabriel to reduce the probability that I have to worry about getting rid of a weak leader in the future. (Of course for purposes of the game, it might be that only the Blacks are unacceptable leaders…)

I was under the impression that weak leader meant anyone other than Elaida and Siuan as they are the only ones prepared to be leader

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:17 pm UTC

matt96 wrote:I was under the impression that weak leader meant anyone other than Elaida and Siuan as they are the only ones prepared to be leader

By book logic, Elaida wasn't much of a strong leader, but from a game standpoint, you may be right here. Then the neutral parties could actually be neutral in the Elaida/Siuan struggle, while actively trying to destroy the Black Ajah. In that case, we have to guarantee that one of Elaida and Siuan survives?

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:25 pm UTC

I don't think I've posted in a couple days, so I just wanted to let everyone know I've still been following the thread. I've been busy organizing a big event, which took place last night; now that that's over, I should have time later today to do a decent post.

While I'm here, any suggestions for what I should ask jimbob tonight?

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:43 pm UTC

SirGabriel wrote:While I'm here, any suggestions for what I should ask jimbob tonight?

Ask jimbob how many Black Ajah were voting for Diemo at the end on D1.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Votals:
Diemo (5) - JudeMorrigan, moody7277, matt96(x2), Sabrar
bessie (3) - Gopher of Pern, SirGabriel, ahippo
ahippo (1) - Carlington

But you’re not going to have the opportunity to ask that question. Madge is going to kill you tonight.

bessie is lynched D3.
dimochka is modkilled.
Madge kills SirGabriel N3.

So who’s left?

Carlington, Gopher of Pern, matt96, Madge, mpolo, Sabrar

Two of which are Black Ajah. The Black Ajah have enough information to determine which player is Siuan Sanche, and they kill her with their N3 factional kill (if Madge’s kill isn’t the mafia factional kill).

mpolo, you’re voting for me for the wrong reasons. Jude’s team followed him on to Diemo’s wagon. He was the Black Ajah leader and they didn’t have chat. I might be scum. Someone on Diemo's wagon is definitely scum.

Gopher of Pern, unless you’re sure I’m scum you should unvote.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:49 pm UTC

matt96 wrote:I suppose the idea was that the Black ajah was intended to try to avoid getting exposed while letting the siuan and elaida's factional conflict weaken town.
I would think that a scum team with no chat and no factional ability would be quite weak, but with other competing factions that can draw attention to themselves that's a possibility.

SirGabriel wrote:While I'm here, any suggestions for what I should ask jimbob tonight?
SirGabriel wrote:I can ask the mod (almost) any one question at night and get a truthful answer.
What are the limits? Can you replicate being a Cop (e.g. Is X scum?)? Or can you ask if specific roles are in the game (e.g. Inventor/False Inventor)?

@matt96: are you planning to do any scumhunting at all? Can you provide some reads or a town-to-scum list?

@bessie: I think you misunderstood me (might be our theme for the game). I never implied that you were going against your win-condition but it looks like the Black Ajah is a more imminent threat so I think it would make sense to try to get rid of them first.

Ninja'd by bessie.
bessie wrote:dimochka is modkilled.
Why do you say that?

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:00 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@bessie: I think you misunderstood me (might be our theme for the game). I never implied that you were going against your win-condition but it looks like the Black Ajah is a more imminent threat so I think it would make sense to try to get rid of them first.
I explained this already. I thought the Black Ajah could recruit. Team Elaida would not be recruiting me. So my possibilities were Team Suian or the Black Ajah.

I don't have any information on dimochka's status in this game, other than what has been posted in this thread.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:dimochka has requested a replacement. He may continue to post until we find one or he is (mod)killed.

But I don't think he's a night kill candidate anyway. He claimed his color and power with no counterclaims. If he's telling the truth, he's vanilla.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:04 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
SirGabriel wrote:I can ask the mod (almost) any one question at night and get a truthful answer.
What are the limits? Can you replicate being a Cop (e.g. Is X scum?)? Or can you ask if specific roles are in the game (e.g. Inventor/False Inventor)?

I can ask about setup or game mechanics, but not about specific individuals. So I can ask if False Inventor is in the game, but I can't ask if X is scum.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:12 pm UTC

@bessie: I apologize, didn't have the time to read through the thread and remembered a couple of things incorrectly.

Return to “Mafia”