One Night Ultimate Vampire Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

JustDanceUnlimited

One Night Ultimate Vampire Discussion Thread

Postby JustDanceUnlimited » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:10 am UTC

Copycat
Diseased
Cupid
Instigator
Priest
Marksman
Pickpocket
Gremlin

The Master
The Count
Renield

Assassin
Apprentice Assassin

What's the message you will receive
Spoiler:
Name Role : Copycat
Role ability : View a center card , you are now that role . You will get to do the action's of that role .
Alignment : Villager
Win Condition : Lynch a Vampire

Name Role : Diseased
Role Ability : Give a Mark of Disease to a player to your left right .

Name Role : Cupid
Role Ability : You may give any 2 players a Mark of Love . You may give yourself the Mark of Love

Name Role : Instigator
Role ability : You may give any player a Mark of Traitor . You may give yourself a Mark of Traitor.

Name Role : Priest
Role ability : You may give yourself and another player a Mark of Clarity .

Name Role : Marksman
Role ability : You may view the role of any player and a mark of a another player .

Name Role : Pickpocket
Role ability : You may exchange your mark with any player and view that mark .

Name Role : Gremlin - You may exchange marks or roles between any 2 player's .
Role ability - You may exchange marks or roles between any 2 player's .

Name Role : The Master
Role ability - If at least 1 vampire votes for you , you cannot be lynched + Discuss with The Count ( If there is 1 ), who will be given the ' Mark of the Vampire
Alignment : Vampire
Win Condition : Keep all Vampire's Alive

Name Role : The Count
Role ability : You may place the Mark of Fear on any non Vampire Player + Discuss with The Master ( If there is 1 ), who will be given the ' Mark of the Vampire '

Name Role : Renield
Role ability - You will know who the Vampire's are and who currently has the 'Mark of the Vampire ' .You will place a 'Mark of the Bat' on you . Your not a Vampire , so if you are lynched and all player's that are Vampires Survives , the Vampire team wins!

Role Name :Assassin -
Ability - You may place the Mark of the Assassin on any player .You will know who is the Apprentice Assassin if there is 1 . You may give yourself a 'Mark of the Assassin' .
Alignment : Indy
Win condition : Get the player with Mark of the Assassin Lynched

Role Name : Apprentice Assassin
Ability - You will know who's the Assassin. If their is no Assassin in present you may place the Mark of the Assassin on any player
Alignment : Indy
Win condition : Get Assassin lynched .If no one is the Assassin , get the player who has the 'Mark of the Assassin' lynched .

Marks is a new addition to the One Night . This is their effect's -
Mark of Clarity - This artifact does nothing to your role .
Mark of the Vampire - Anyone who have this will be part of the Vampire
Mark of Fear - They may not do their role action (Only roles that do their role action during night phase is affected by this)
Mark of the Bat - This does nothing. This is for the Renfield to prevent turning himself into a Vampire
Mark of the Disease - Anyone who votes for the player who has this artifact or the player who has the Diseased role will lose no matter what.
Mark of Love - If 1 of them gets killed the other dies too. ( If a Villager and Vampire receives this , If 1 of them gets killed the Vilagers win! while Vampire loses ) 2. (If the Assassin gets killed by this Mark , the Apprentice Assassin does not win )
Mark of Traitor - Anyone who receive this Mark will now need to lynch a player that is on their team. etc = Tina is a Vampire and receive this , she will now need to lynch a Vampire in order to win ( This does not effect Indies = Assassin or Apprentice Assassin) .
Mark of the Asssassin - The Assassin or Apprentice Assassin will now try and get the player that has this Mark to be killed.
Rules
1 .This is the Order of the role's - Dusk Phase - Copycat , Vampire's , The Count , Renfield , Diseased , Cupid , Instigator , Priest , Assassin , Apprentice Assassin , ( View Marks ) ,Night Phase - Marksman , Pickpocket , Gremlin .
2. You will learn what is your mark at the end of the dusk phase . But that is not your official mark as they is still a Night phase.
4 . Everyone starts with a ' Mark of Clarity '
5. You will only hold 1 mark during the whole game . Any Mark you previously receive will be discarded .
6 . Despite having 13 roles available , there will only be 10 players playing , the 3 center cards will be put in color slots , which are Yellow , Red and Blue . I will not reveal the 3 center cards until the game ends .
7 .Copycat Phase , Dusk phase and Night phase will be 3 separate phase . The Dusk phase and Night Phase Phase will be 18 Hours each . Before the Dusk and Night Phase there will be 12 Hours for Copycat to do their role ( Even if no one is the Copycat ) , After their role action is done , the dusk phase starts . After the Dusk phase is done , i will proceed with the Night phase and tell everyone's Mark ( I will message everyone's role during the Copycat phase , If you feel like you would be gone for the next 18 or 36 hours for any reason , you may message me your role action earlier . ) 2. ( The Vampires wont be told who is the other Vampire until the Copycat Phase ends )
8 . You will only do your night action of your beginning role , if your role is swap you will not do your new role action . You will not be notified if your role is swap . Your wincon depends on your Mark and role .
9 . Like the name of the game there will be only 1 Night and 1 day phase .
10. Night will only last 1 day , while Day lasts only 4 day .
11 . Votes are secretly PM to me . You are not allow to vote yourself . You are suppose to vote during the 1 day phase = 4 days in real life . The player with the most vote is Lynched and Certain people wins depending on their Mark and Role . If more than 1 player has the most vote , everyone dies!
Special Notes
If there is No Vampire's present , the Villagers must have everyone get 1 vote OR Get an Indy Lynched .
If Copycat , The Master and The Count are in the Middle , The Renfield automaticaly becomes a Vampire and The Villagers now need to Lynch Renfield in order to win . + There is no possible way for an Vampire to not be present due to Copycat
Last edited by JustDanceUnlimited on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:17 am UTC, edited 6 times in total.

Sabrar

Re: One Night Ultimate Vampire Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:25 am UTC

JustDanceUnlimited wrote:Mark of the Vampire - Anyone who have this will be part of the Washington Sibling

JustDanceUnlimited wrote:I will message everyone's role during the Jessica phase

These look like some hold-overs from another version, could you please clarify?

How are the 3 unused roles determined? If randomly then what happens if those are Copycat+Master+Count? With no Vampire in play do the Villagers automatically win?

Would like to participate, probably will have more questions later.

JustDanceUnlimited

Postby JustDanceUnlimited » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:54 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
JustDanceUnlimited wrote:Mark of the Vampire - Anyone who have this will be part of the Washington Sibling

JustDanceUnlimited wrote:I will message everyone's role during the Jessica phase

These look like some hold-overs from another version, could you please clarify?

How are the 3 unused roles determined? If randomly then what happens if those are Copycat+Master+Count? With no Vampire in play do the Villagers automatically win?

Would like to participate, probably will have more questions later.

Fixed change's :D
It will be random 100% , I will use the Randomizer List to get the role's . I have put what happens to that scenario above :)

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:21 pm UTC

What if the Instigator gives Renfield a Mark of Traitor? Can he just declare who the Count is and win with Town (hoping that Pickpocket and Gremlin didn't target him)?

JustDanceUnlimited

Postby JustDanceUnlimited » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:59 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:What if the Instigator gives Renfield a Mark of Traitor? Can he just declare who the Count is and win with Town (hoping that Pickpocket and Gremlin didn't target him)?

Basically yes the Renfield can just rat out who the Vampire's but this is where it gets fun The Renfield does not specifically know who's the The Count or The Master and even if the Town + Renfield were to split the vote it is no guarantee that everyone keeps their promise as there might be Assassin and it's Apprentice and the player with a Mark of Vampire . So it's no guarantee that town can win even with Renfield exposing themself

ahippo

Postby ahippo » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:13 am UTC

It really is an extremely well designed game. Nearly every single ONU game I've played has been exciting to the end. Are we looking for ten players, then? If fewer, which roles are you thinking of cutting? If we get more, are there any ONUW roles you would add?

JustDanceUnlimited

Postby JustDanceUnlimited » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:38 am UTC

ahippo wrote:It really is an extremely well designed game. Nearly every single ONU game I've played has been exciting to the end. Are we looking for ten players, then? If fewer, which roles are you thinking of cutting? If we get more, are there any ONUW roles you would add?

I'm not sure if I were to add more players since it would be too much chaos but I'm willing to add 2 more roles to have a max of 12 players . The roles I would cut are in order are
13.Apprentice Assassin
12.The Master
11.Priest
10.Cupid
9. Renfield
8. Diseased
7.Marksman
So let's say I want to play with only 8 players , I would need 11 roles (8 players+3 center cards ) , I would take out The Master and Apprentice Assassin .
Any suggestion on what role I should add If there were more players?? ( I do have a few self - made custom roles we could try.....)

ahippo

Postby ahippo » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:33 am UTC

JustDanceUnlimited wrote:I do have a few self - made custom roles we could try.

Do tell! Otherwise, I'm really partial to two plain ol' villagers. What I love about ONU is how, even if you're vanilla townie, you have tons of information to go off of. Since there's only one vote, everyone (at least in the games that I've played) claims fairly quickly. All you need to do is decide whom you believe. If scum don't come up with a convincing story, they're totally screwed, because there's enough verifiable information to prove that what they say doesn't make sense. But if you throw two vanilla townies in there, you give anyone who claims Villager plausible deniability, even if someone else has also claimed Villager.

If you really want to double down on insanity, the Troublemaker is a perfectly insane role (which you seem to be a fan of :P). Paranormal Investigator is another great role that could lead to some fantastic moments.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:54 pm UTC

JustDanceUnlimited wrote:The Renfield does not specifically know who's the The Count or The Master
Thanks I wasn't aware of that.

I have one last concern: in my opinion it is generally a terrible feeling losing a game where you know you played perfectly just because you weren't aware of your actual win-condition. In your experience are there no such concerns with the Gremlin and Pickpocket acting after the Night phase and possibly causing some players to act contrarily to their true win-condition?

JustDanceUnlimited

Postby JustDanceUnlimited » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:39 pm UTC

ahippo wrote:
JustDanceUnlimited wrote:I do have a few self - made custom roles we could try.

Do tell! Otherwise, I'm really partial to two plain ol' villagers. What I love about ONU is how, even if you're vanilla townie, you have tons of information to go off of. Since there's only one vote, everyone (at least in the games that I've played) claims fairly quickly. All you need to do is decide whom you believe. If scum don't come up with a convincing story, they're totally screwed, because there's enough verifiable information to prove that what they say doesn't make sense. But if you throw two vanilla townies in there, you give anyone who claims Villager plausible deniability, even if someone else has also claimed Villager.

If you really want to double down on insanity, the Troublemaker is a perfectly insane role (which you seem to be a fan of :P). Paranormal Investigator is another great role that could lead to some fantastic moments.

Well sorry but I don't think playing with 2 villagers will be fun in my opinion :(
A few roles are Mayor - Give yourself and another player a ' Mark of Power ' = Mark of Power - Whoever that have this will have their vote count as 2
Pacifist - Give yourself and another player a ' Mark of Terror ' = Mark of Terror- Whoever that have this will have their vote count as -1
???? - Give yourself and another player a ' Mark of Doubt ' = Mark of Doubt - Whoever that have this will have their vote count as 0
Vigil - You will be told what is your Mark after both dusk and night phase end's
??? - View 2 player's mark or 2 player's role
Rascal from One Night Ultimate Alien - switch 2 marks but you can only switch 2 certain marks
Physic from One Night Ultimate Alien - View 1 or 2 certain marks
Cow from One Night Ultimate Alien - If a Vampire is on your left or right , you will be told
Last edited by JustDanceUnlimited on Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:38 am UTC, edited 4 times in total.

JustDanceUnlimited

Postby JustDanceUnlimited » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:51 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
JustDanceUnlimited wrote:The Renfield does not specifically know who's the The Count or The Master
Thanks I wasn't aware of that.

I have one last concern: in my opinion it is generally a terrible feeling losing a game where you know you played perfectly just because you weren't aware of your actual win-condition. In your experience are there no such concerns with the Gremlin and Pickpocket acting after the Night phase and possibly causing some players to act contrarily to their true win-condition?

TBH I never had or own the game ever in my life :( But the fact that you don't know Your Mark 100% is the same concept with every single One Night game you are never sure what your role is until the end of the game + knowing what your Mark is and not have a night Phase to cause chaos will be pretty boring .

ahippo

Postby ahippo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:27 am UTC

JustDanceUnlimited wrote:Mayor - Give yourself and another player a ' Mark of Power ' = Mark of Power - Whoever that have this will have their vote count as 2

This role wouldn't work super well in a face-to-face game, since that "3, 2, 1, POINT!" moment needs to be decisive without being confusing. Online, though, it should work fine. I think I like both
Pacifist - Give yourself and another player a ' Mark of Terror ' = Mark of Terror- Whoever that have this will have their vote count as -1

and
???? - Give yourself and another player a ' Mark of Doubt ' = Mark of Doubt - Whoever that have this will have their vote count as 0

better, though. They create a really interesting new dynamics.

One question I have: Is self-voting allowed? By the typical rules of ONU I don't think it is (though I could be misremembering. We always allowed it). I think it's a lot stronger when you have someone like the Tanner or Minion. Obviously in this game, only Renfield would want to self-vote, but it's still worth asking.

JustDanceUnlimited

Postby JustDanceUnlimited » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:14 am UTC

Any more question??

JustDanceUnlimited

Postby JustDanceUnlimited » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:14 am UTC

ahippo wrote:
JustDanceUnlimited wrote:Mayor - Give yourself and another player a ' Mark of Power ' = Mark of Power - Whoever that have this will have their vote count as 2

This role wouldn't work super well in a face-to-face game, since that "3, 2, 1, POINT!" moment needs to be decisive without being confusing. Online, though, it should work fine. I think I like both

and

better, though. They create a really interesting new dynamics.

One question I have: Is self-voting allowed? By the typical rules of ONU I don't think it is (though I could be misremembering. We always allowed it). I think it's a lot stronger when you have someone like the Tanner or Minion. Obviously in this game, only Renfield would want to self-vote, but it's still worth asking.

No , NO ONE can vote for themself , I'm just following the rules of the game and I feel like it would be unfair to allow the players to self vote . And the rules state you can't self vote no??
And for the extra roles , are these 2 roles only you like , what about the others ??

JustDanceUnlimited

Postby JustDanceUnlimited » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:46 am UTC

Any more question??

JustDanceUnlimited

Postby JustDanceUnlimited » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:39 pm UTC

Is everything Perfect , any more question?? I hope to have this game filled faster :)

JustDanceUnlimited

Postby JustDanceUnlimited » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:08 pm UTC

A few more perfect custom roles ( I took online )
Village Fool - move everyone's Mark to the left or right except yours .
Spy - View up to 2 marks , If you view a Mark of Vampire or Traitor , you must stop viewing marks and take exchange that Mark with yours. .
Prisoner / Vile - Whoever you vote for , switches card with you . If the person you vote for votes you back it's negated . Your vote is not counted if you switch cards .

Rival - Give a player a Mark of rival , you are now the opposing team of the player with the Mark. If assassin or apprentice gets this Mark , your Windom is to keep their target alive .
Ally - Give a player a ' Mark of Ally ' . You are now helping the player with the Mark to win .
If Ally and Rival gave each other marks . Their Wincon is to get Ally killed, If successful they both win .

Little Girl - If a Vampire is a player to your left or right , you will receive a Mark of the shadow.
Mayor/ Pacifist - Give yourself and another player a ' Mark of Power / Doubt
Mayor - Power - Whoever that has this Mark has will have their vote count as 2 .
Pacifist - Doubt - Whoever that has this Mark will have their vote count as 0 .
Huntress - Give a Mark of Death to any player . Whoever the player that has the Mark of Death votes , gets killed .
Hellion - switch any 2 Mark - a weaker Gremlin
Vigil - You will be told what is your Mark after the Night action . - Based on Insomniac

Sorcerer - View 1 Mark
Balky - Give yourself and another player a Mark of veto
Balky - veto - Whoever that has this Mark will have their vote count as -1 .

So what do you guys think??
Last edited by JustDanceUnlimited on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:06 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

JustDanceUnlimited

Postby JustDanceUnlimited » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:45 am UTC

Can I put this for sing ups ??

Return to “Mafia”