Diablo Mafia - Day 6 (The End)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby bessie » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:12 am UTC

Some replies to today’s content.

LaserGuy wrote:Thanks, I'm trying my best :) Having a lot of fun and spending way too much time thinking about this.
This game will suck up all the time you allow it to, and then some. Rather deceptive when you’re an observer, isn’t it?

Sabrar wrote:Would you mind explaining your logic here? How can lynching a complete lurker provide any information? It's just getting rid of someone who is not participating, you won't even have the chance to analyze possible connections to other players.
My observations. If JustDanceUnlimited flips scum, it will be interesting to analyze who tried to interact with them and how, who pushed for mod action, and who was happy to ignore them and let them coast through D1. We already have this information with regard to non-town Znirk, and his lynch won’t expand on it much, since he claimed so early.

Znirk wrote:
Znirk wrote:there's about 1/3 of my role pm where I can't even tell whether it's pure flavour or contains game-level relevant information.
Oh hey, I had mentioned this. Yep, that turned out to be the offer of a false claim. And no, I don't really know why there was one in the first place; but, to reiterate, by the time I found out that was what it was, I had already committed to a role not in flavour or people's lists, when Rogue had been mentioned by at least one person.
This actually makes sense to me. It seems like I misinterpret something in my role PM almost every game, so I completely accept your statement as possible. I had a slightly similar situation in WoT2. I also screwed up in Once Upon a Mafia when I thought I was a miller (that was a really well written game, hoping SirG decides to mod again someday!). Anyway, you still claim to be non-town, and I’m not convinced of your survivor claim.

Znirk wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Why do you think Survivor was given a false claim?

To reiteraclarify: in contradiction to my earlier speculation my best guess on this is that 'survivor was given a false claim' is not what happened. Rather, the false claim offer was given to a specific character, who coincidentally also got survivor.
This matches my current theory, that every character was created as a human with a demon option (for initial alignment by the RNG or later culting).

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:bessie: Seems fairly typical bessie to me so far. It's been a while since I've seen her play as scum (I think), so I don't know if her current typical bessie play is specific to town!bessie or any alignment.
Wine, but I’m almost never scum (like freezeblade is almost never town :) ). Last time was WoT1. Before that was Secret Santa 2015 (where I requested to replace for scum because I accidently read one sentence of a spoiler so I knew who the scum team was). So any time someone tries to make a read on me and references my scum meta, I am suspicious because there is so little to work with overall, and certainly nothing recent.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I do find her suspicions on me a bit of a stretch (she doesn't like my idea of suggesting there being false claims early on, and thinks my bonus win condition query is a distraction or false claim for later). She doesn't seem to be entertaining the idea that I could be genuinely trying to figure things out...
Well, I guess that’s my playstyle. I’m not a good scum hunter. I don’t have reliable gut instincts, and I can’t do the type of behavior reads that SDK is so good at. My reads tend to be “technical” in that I look for errors and contradictions in content and in later days rely heavily on investigation results.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I still think it likely that Madge is a miller - note that I said that I doubted fake claims for powers, and I consider Miller a part of a power. Znirk's false claim has not changed this.
Reread this, you are right in that you did specifically say powers and Znirk did not false claim a power. Setup speculation, I think that for this game miller was attached to/randomized with the alignments, not the roles/powers.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
bessie wrote:I feel the entire purpose of this claim is either to cause a distraction or set up a false claim later.
Really? What about me trying to figure out where I stand in this game? I know my main win condition, and that is what I'll be focusing on, but I'm sure you'd have to agree that if I have a secondary win condition, I should at least make an attempt to achieve it, if it doesn't harm Town. However, in order for me to know whether this is something I need to be aware of, I shared this point, in the hope that somebody else would shed some light on things. Given there's not been a resounding chorus saying they also have bonus win conditions, I expect it's just flavour after all.
Did you consider just asking the mod if you had a secondary win condition? That seems like the most obvious (and easiest) thing to do. Or have you really let a week pass without at least attempting to clear it up?

@jimbobmacdoodle, somewhat off topic
Spoiler:
Umm, please don’t take the above comment personally. I wasn’t even going to post it because I didn’t want you to get the idea that I was still upset about WoT2, which I’m not. There is no hidden context, and it refers to content from this game only.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Thinking about it, I can't remember when the last person to actually be a survivor claimed as such. I'd search the forum, but from experience, Gojoe posts show up unspoilered if they contain the search-word, which is not cool at all. However, I'm sure I've seen it. If anybody else can remember when, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Carlington in Dollhouse Mafia (prepost edit Sabrar already got this one), SDK in Lego Movie Mafia, I'm sure there's more. Madge, did you do this? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Sabrar wrote:@bessie: in your reads list basically the only thing you mention about me is my 'defense' of Znirk. Is the reason I'm being your pick for most scummy player tied to that? If yes, why?
Mostly. I’m reading you as scum partners with Znirk, or mafia that doesn’t want to lynch a non-town player (for various reasons). You are scummier than Znirk on my list because he may be telling the truth. Also, there’s something that bugs me about this, I’m just not sure what (something other than me just not agreeing with it):
Sabrar wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:It's essentially turning them into a protected class, which kinda ticks me off.
From personal experience this sentiment is more indicative of scum, town should be happy that there is less space for scum to hide.


Re my vote for JustDanceUnlimited. I would consider switching to Carlington because I think he’s possibly lurking scum. We still have about 14 hours for something to happen.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Sabrar » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:03 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Sabrar, you said I was not scumhunting, simply because I was in favour of lynching Znirk early on.
Nope, you misrepresent my words. I said (just not in so many words) that you seem to set up yourself for a 'safe' lynch later to justify the lack of any good scum-reads. So it pertained to the future, not the past.
I expressly said that it was only if nothing further came along. And lo, it did!
Yes, you placed a classic OMGUS vote on me.
You tunnelled into me so hard, you didn't realise I wasn't the only one expressing the same sentiments.
You made your comment shortly after Znirk's claim when the discussion about it barely even started. It was way too soon in my opinion to declare that you would be fine with his lynch. Yes, others have expressed similar sentiments (and I disagree with them as well) but they gave more reasons and did not act so quickly. But if you really cannot see the difference then it's a waste of my time talking about it.
You still haven't shown a single instance of me 'misconstruing your word'.
So let me go on record here and

Vote: Gopher of Pern

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:16 am UTC

Current Votals:
Znirk - 4 (Madge, LaserGuy, Jimbobmacdoodle, plytho)
Sabrar - 1 (Gopher of Pern)
Adnapemit - 1 (Znirk)
JustDanceUnlimited - 1 (Bessie)
Gopher Of Pern - 2 (SirGabriel, Sabrar)

Not Voting: Freezeblade, ahippo, adnapemit, JustDanceUnlimited, mpolo, carlington

15 people alive, 8 to lynch.

D1 Deadline [Click here!] in about 10 hours. I'll also post about an hour before the final deadline (though I foresee being about an hour late).
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:30 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Sabrar, you said I was not scumhunting, simply because I was in favour of lynching Znirk early on.
Nope, you misrepresent my words. I said (just not in so many words) that you seem to set up yourself for a 'safe' lynch later to justify the lack of any good scum-reads. So it pertained to the future, not the past.
I expressly said that it was only if nothing further came along. And lo, it did!
Yes, you placed a classic OMGUS vote on me.
You tunnelled into me so hard, you didn't realise I wasn't the only one expressing the same sentiments.
You made your comment shortly after Znirk's claim when the discussion about it barely even started. It was way too soon in my opinion to declare that you would be fine with his lynch. Yes, others have expressed similar sentiments (and I disagree with them as well) but they gave more reasons and did not act so quickly. But if you really cannot see the difference then it's a waste of my time talking about it.
You still haven't shown a single instance of me 'misconstruing your word'.
So let me go on record here and

Vote: Gopher of Pern


Yet, I am not going for that safe lynch. In fact, I am now against it. Kinda puts a hole in your theory. So I did not set myself up for a safe lynch, and you misconstrued me.

I may have acted a bit quickly, simply because of my predisposition towards early claims. I dislike them, and by that time I'd had enough of them. Znirk was probably the most convenient way to express my displeasure of the situation.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Sabrar » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:44 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:So I did not set myself up for a safe lynch, and you misconstrued me.
I had to count to ten just now. I posted my comments as I felt about your response at that particular time. How in hell was I supposed to take into account your future actions???? Please explain.

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Carlington » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:03 am UTC

Still phone posting for now just to get something out there. Brain energy is now the limiting factor. Stream of consciousness series of posts with brief thoughts and scarce spell check to come immediately, followed by a round-up post.

Pages 1 and 2 leave me feeling like Madge is town claiming miller truthfully. Scum claiming miller so early is too risky a gambit for me to buy it. GoP's wording regarding named roles he expects in town makes me believe provisionally that he is town and his name is in that list, v probably closer to the beginning imo (if it were me I'd probably unconsciously start with my name and then be paranoid that it was too obvious so shift it back a few places). Znirk had no reason to false claim indie while under no pressure, and the information helped to clarify a point of contention within town discourse - a pro-town act. A couple of little bits in Sabrar's posts seem like the first gestures toward trying to find a handy line of attack to manufacture a case against a townie. ahippos claim was about as empty as claiming town on D1. Later there might be some information which makes the claim useful I guess, but for now it just fills space on the page.

Nothing stands out to me outside of this for now, direct questions appreciated.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:24 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:So I did not set myself up for a safe lynch, and you misconstrued me.
I had to count to ten just now. I posted my comments as I felt about your response at that particular time. How in hell was I supposed to take into account your future actions???? Please explain.


Well, you paint my future actions in the scummiest light. Now that I haven't done that, you still believe me to be scum?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Sabrar » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:34 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Well, you paint my future actions in the scummiest light.
Seems like we have completely different definitions of what 'misconstruing' means (granted it could be because I'm not a native speaker).
Gopher of Pern wrote:Now that I haven't done that, you still believe me to be scum?
Yes. You didn't do it because I called attention to it and you went for an OMGUS vote instead. Your attack on me feels reminiscent of MMMII where you were scum.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4558
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:42 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:I know believe Znirk is a jester. I am not going to lynch a jester, especially if they have some sort of 'kill the last/first player to vote for them if lynched' power. Probably best to just ignore them.


Is this sort of thing common? From what I've read elsewhere, eg. here, simply having a jester in the game can be sufficiently anti-town that some mods will provide town with some advantage if the jester is lynched.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:43 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Well, you paint my future actions in the scummiest light.
Seems like we have completely different definitions of what 'misconstruing' means (granted it could be because I'm not a native speaker).
Gopher of Pern wrote:Now that I haven't done that, you still believe me to be scum?
Yes. You didn't do it because I called attention to it and you went for an OMGUS vote instead. Your attack on me feels reminiscent of MMMII where you were scum.


See, all this comes from you assuming my initial statement was scummy. Nothing I can say now would make you change your mind. Even though I presented a reasonable explanation for it.

It would have been easy to continue to push on Znirk, given the votals, and people's stance on the issue. Instead, I chose to look at other people. Just because it's you, you get bent out of shape.

It's funny, because you are reminding me of the way you argued in WoT2, where you were scum.

Carlington: Who do you want to lynch?

LaserGuy, I'm not sure. It's standard in the Town of Salem game, where the Jester kills off someone who voted for them. I haven't seen it here though.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Sabrar » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:53 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:It would have been easy to continue to push on Znirk, given the votals, and people's stance on the issue. Instead, I chose to look at other people.
Given the votals it's likely that Znirk gets lynched today regardless and you realized it as well so the above doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Gopher of Pern wrote:Nothing I can say now would make you change your mind.
That is not true, I just didn't find your reasoning convincing. Plus after bessie chewed me out last game for misrepresenting her words I try really hard not to do that so it triggered me when you accused me of doing it again.
You are still my scummiest read but my reads D1 are usually not the greatest (I would advise you to look at my previous games, were it not for the fact that you have a disinclination to do so).

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:06 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:It would have been easy to continue to push on Znirk, given the votals, and people's stance on the issue. Instead, I chose to look at other people.
Given the votals it's likely that Znirk gets lynched today regardless and you realized it as well so the above doesn't necessarily mean anything.


If I've learned anything from the last game, is that you can't tell who will be lynched at days end.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Sabrar » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:13 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:If I've learned anything from the last game, is that you can't tell who will be lynched at days end.
True enough, but if that game didn't have a particular bastardry applied to it then bessie would have been lynched regardless.

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Carlington » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:26 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Carlington: Who do you want to lynch?

Getting there. Dinner first, then pages 3-5, (maybe 6 by then)
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:41 am UTC

bessie wrote:Did you consider just asking the mod if you had a secondary win condition? That seems like the most obvious (and easiest) thing to do. Or have you really let a week pass without at least attempting to clear it up?
I did before making that post and got a No Comment response back, hence seeking further info elsewhere.

bessie wrote:@jimbobmacdoodle, somewhat off topic
Spoiler:
Umm, please don’t take the above comment personally. I wasn’t even going to post it because I didn’t want you to get the idea that I was still upset about WoT2, which I’m not. There is no hidden context, and it refers to content from this game only.
Spoiler:
Don't worry about it. I assume by default that people won't carry frustrations over from game to game. This is probably a little naive, but *shrug*

I'd like to hear more from Carlington on Znirk and his claim. Particularly, do you believe it primarily because of it's early nature? What about all the various issues I had with it?

I can't yet pin down why but I too don't feel that Sabrar v Gopher is a town on town scuffle. The interaction seems different to past such scuffles. I don't believe them to be scum buddies though either.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
adnapemit
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:05 am UTC
Location: The wrong timezone.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby adnapemit » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:45 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:On another note I would appreciate if you could point out which comments you find to be active lurking and why you think I have only provided 'basic' comment.

Active lurky:
This one, minus the question for ahippo.
This one where your comment doesn't add anything and then you comment on your own post.
Also this one with your comment on ahippo's quote.
You post a lot. I know it can't all be high quality content but while I was reading through your posts I went past quite a few short posts with what felt like little in them.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:adnapemit: Her first two posts both feel a bit odd, for want of a better term. The way she phrases her defence of Madge's claim in her first post sounds almost unfinished. Also says this:
adnapemit wrote:I would rather lynching scum than a jester.
which I interpret to include a minor mistype (lynching -> lynch), but why say this? It's such an obvious statement, and yet it doesn't even sit well with her previous sentence that says that Znirk might be a jester, anti-town indie or scum. Maybe I'm being a bit picky here... Her reads list is a good solid list, even if it does have me as most scummy for a rather weak sounding reason, if you ask me (see my next post where I'll look at this a little more). However, I have seen scum!adnapemit give good looking reads lists before on at least one previous occasion. Overall, feels slightly towards the scummy end of the spectrum, but this may be a little OMGUS.
Yes I made a mistype. I was either writing "I would rather be lynching scum than a jester." or "I would rather lynch scum than a jester." and got distracted halfway, but you are probably right with your guess of the latter because I don't remember. Why did I feel like I needed to mention it at all? Because Gopher of Pern had suggested lynching them no matter what sort of indie they were. My statement was to suggest I'd prefer to lynch someone who appeared scummy.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I count really define exactly what counts as worthwhile, because it really depends on what the role is. If revealing knowledge of a cult is likely to leave you being recruited and losing town a powerful ability in a fight against cult (de-culter, vigilante etc as some off-the-top-of-my-head ideas), then it probably isn't worthwhile. On the other hand, if it's something like, "you cannot be recruited by cult" or similar, then you can probably state outright that you know there to be a cult in the game (though explaining why may not be the best of ideas). Overall, I'd rather someone mention there is a cult if they have knowledge of one as long as it doesn't paint a clear target on themselves as a useful townie.
Now if you had said this or anything like this to begin with I wouldn't be perceiving your other post as scummy. Instead it came across as "If you know anything about there being a cult then don't say anything" Which I suppose would make you more likely to be a cult leader than scum.

You say that scum might change their mind because everybody else thought differently. I took a quick glance over the posts between the one I was suspicious of Madge in, and the one where I made a decision, and I saw very little opinion expressed by most players on the subject in the interim (many discussed it but didn't state a firm conclusion on the matter), so I feel that you are painting a bit of a false picture here.

And by "everyone" I mean me. :P
But seriously though, not including my post there was mpolo who had "very likely town", LaserGuy had "Standard townie play with this role", ahippo had "Right now, I doubt this is something scum!Madge would do". No one said "Madge is definitely town" but there is enough.

@adnapemit, would you clarify your scum read on me a bit more, please?
It was mostly how you phrased the cult thing. It didn't feel right with me and it I can't work out why it pings me as more scummy than cult leader.

SirGabriel wrote:I would vote for JustDanceUnlimited, but I'm hoping the mod will deal with him for us.

We already have had a request for replacement from ahippo and JustDanceUnlimited still hasn't posted anything and it's almost the deadline. Replacements seem to be hard to find and I dislike modkills.

Vote JustDanceUnlimited
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Sabrar » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:28 am UTC

@adnapemit: reading back the parts you criticize are setup-speculations (or at least my comments on other players' speculations as I don't do it on my own). I've mentioned before several times that I play this game to actually participate in it and I never need 'filler' content to avoid looking lurky so this feels like nitpicking.

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Carlington » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:57 am UTC

At my computer now, and well-fed.

So, we'll start with page three and go forwards: Znirk seems to be backing his words with his actions. He's claiming to have aligned himself with town, and is giving us the information he has, which is a pro-town move. The more widely available information is, the better for town. However, as I read through page 4 I find myself second-guessing, particularly when he claimed Survivor. His play has, imo, not been consistent with that of a Survivor. I would have bought Lyncher probably, in which case it made sense to keep schtum about the wincon because town won't like a role who wins by lynching a player statistically more likely to be town than scum. Survivor...doesn't really add up imo.

adnapemit's reads seem for the most part to have some thought behind them, but I can't say I agree with them entirely, and I feel she is entirely off base with some of them. I do agree with her earlier thoughts abt SK claiming D1 and Madge's attempt to strengthen her claim.

plytho gave us some reads which strike me as very light on reasoning, and in fact many posts on page 3 and 4 which fit this pattern. However, he has professed real-life issues and I am in that regard probably close to the back of the line of stone-throwers ordered by sinlessness.

Madge in the last few pages has gone all out anti-indie, which is odd and makes me wonder about alternative agendae. In particular, I find it odd that she is upset about being distracted from scumhunting on D1 and then instead of trying to do any scumhunting says she hates scumhunting on D1 (which, I mean, true) and also hates how distracted we are by this indie claim.

jimbob came through with some good content after a quiet period, and retrospectively a call I agree with regarding Znirk's survivor claim. His reads also come from a good re-read of the thread, apparently, which is good imo - shows towny willingness to make an effort in posting.

SirG hasn't posted a huge deal in the last few pages, although what she has posted has been solid enough and seems well-reasoned and towny in intent.

mpolo's posts in the last few pages are very sparse, picking up mainly the same things I did regarding people's claims early on.

I need to get to bed because work but I want to get more content out before deadline. I'm going to hit submit on this and try to get another post together with the rest of my reads before I crash
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
Znirk
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am UTC
Location: ZZ9 plural Z α

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Znirk » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:07 pm UTC

Deadline coming up, I think?

A few more quick comments via phone:

- I'm sorry that I let day 1 get away from me to this extent, and I apologise for causing such a distraction from proper scum hunting with my actions. I genuinely didn't expect what I did to be this controversial.

- That said, I'm also a bit ticked off that I'm apparently about to be lynched in part for violating conventions that I don't think I could realistically have known about (short of reading ALL THE GAMES!!! 11!!!)

- for the record, and in summary: I'm a survivor. I'm not a jester. I very much don't want to be lynched. I am currently expecting to side with town throughout the game. I have a power that may help me help town. I have already given information that may make it harder for scum to hide later on. The one thing I'm keeping to myself for now is the nature of my power, which IMO would be more useful to know for scum than town at this moment.

- pre-post edit: Carlington, I'm claiming survivor because I am. Not much I can do about that, short of lying. Actually, and this is going to be ultra-winey, but: I claimed survivor after several players had said they wouldn't buy such a claim. Why do that, other than because it's true?

Anything anyone would like me to address?

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Carlington » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:30 pm UTC

freezeblade has rl stuff going on too, but what's there seems okay and certainly no reasons for lynching.

LaserGuy has some good stuff going on, good reads and a willingness to ask questions when he's not sure about something to do with setup or game mechanics. I like what I'm seeing from him.

bessie has a decent amount of content and is typically vocal in prodding other players for more content to base reads on (sorry!). She seems interested in sniffing out leads and following them up, a good scumhunting effort.

Sabrar is very spaced apart with the posts, and the posts themselves don't have a bunch of content per post, but the volume of posts makes up for it I think. Still, something feels off about it. I could be viewing him still distorted from knowing he was scum in WoT2 though.

I'm flagging, I'm going to do my best but the quality of my reads is falling off, more soon.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:32 pm UTC

I find it interesting that Znirk hasn't changed his vote yet. This might be simply an oversight, but there are 2 players currently with 2 votes apiece, which moving his vote to would make viable alternative lynch candidates (it would only take one person switching from Znirk to Gopher or JustDance to swing the lynch around combined with Znirk's vote).

@Znirk: Your lack of power claim still doesn't look good to me. If scum buy that you are a survivor, then they won't likely do very much to you, regardless of power, since they know you might eventually side with them (and you are going to struggle distancing yourself from the distraction you've caused, even if you do survive the lynch, in my opinion). They might throw a redirect or roleblock your way, but it's just as likely that one of Town will as well, given the current level of suspicion on you.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Carlington » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:38 pm UTC

I realised that I only have one player left to read for pages 3-5, which is GoP (ahippo and JDF are both quiet/looking for a replacement so I'll leave them out).


GoP seems quite aggressive in defending himself, and I worry that he's got OMGUS/tunneling going on against Sabrar. He is providing other reads, which means he's not only looking at Sabrar, but I know I have myself fallen into letting my read on one player distort reads on others (I'm so convinced X is scum that I'm not looking for other scum properly or I'm lending less weight to scumtells from other players). I don't have any way of knowing if that's the case, and I don't think I very much want to stick my neck out and defend Sabrar right now, but it's there.

okay, vote and sleep.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Carlington » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:39 pm UTC

Vote: Znirk

I can't get past the Survivor claim. Something's up and I don't trust it. Tomorrow, I'll be looking at Sabrar, Madge, and GoP. Possibly subject to change based on night results.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby plytho » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:13 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I find it interesting that Znirk hasn't changed his vote yet. This might be simply an oversight, but there are 2 players currently with 2 votes apiece, which moving his vote to would make viable alternative lynch candidates (it would only take one person switching from Znirk to Gopher or JustDance to swing the lynch around combined with Znirk's vote).


This is a great point. It makes Znirk look even more like a jester.

After Carlington's vote it doesn't work anymore but I could see myself switching to JustDanceUnlimited. In fact, I'll do it now. I'll be around at deadline to avoid mislynch.

unvote

Vote: JustDanceUnlimited
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Znirk
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am UTC
Location: ZZ9 plural Z α

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Znirk » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:27 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I find it interesting that Znirk hasn't changed his vote yet. This might be simply an oversight, but there are 2 players currently with 2 votes apiece, which moving his vote to would make viable alternative lynch candidates (it would only take one person switching from Znirk to Gopher or JustDance to swing the lynch around combined with Znirk's vote).

You have a point there: I don't really find either of these two particularly scummy, but arguably rule 10 demands that I

unvote

vote justdanceunlimited


jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Znirk: Your lack of power claim still doesn't look good to me. If scum buy that you are a survivor, then they won't likely do very much to you, regardless of power, since they know you might eventually side with them (and you are going to struggle distancing yourself from the distraction you've caused, even if you do survive the lynch, in my opinion). They might throw a redirect or roleblock your way, but it's just as likely that one of Town will as well, given the current level of suspicion on you.

Eh. At this point I have little to lose anyway, so why not: I'm a tracker (knowing which probably makes scum less worried, in exchange for no specific benefit to town. Seriously, townsfolk, I'm trying to find a way to be helpful here.)

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Sabrar » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:34 pm UTC

Can someone please check if these are correct?

Unofficial votals:
JustDanceUnlimited - 4 (Bessie, adnapemit, plytho, Znirk)
Znirk - 4 (Madge, LaserGuy, Jimbobmacdoodle, Carlington)
Gopher Of Pern - 2 (SirGabriel, Sabrar)
Sabrar - 1 (Gopher of Pern)

If so I will move my vote to JustDanceUnlimited to avoid ties.

@Znirk: you meant rule 9 right?

User avatar
Znirk
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am UTC
Location: ZZ9 plural Z α

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Znirk » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:42 pm UTC

Talking about '10 you must play to achieve your win condition'.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby plytho » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:43 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Can someone please check if these are correct?

Unofficial votals:
JustDanceUnlimited - 4 (Bessie, adnapemit, plytho, Znirk)
Znirk - 4 (Madge, LaserGuy, Jimbobmacdoodle, Carlington)
Gopher Of Pern - 2 (SirGabriel, Sabrar)
Sabrar - 1 (Gopher of Pern)

They are correct (unless we're both miscounting).

plytho wrote:I'll be around at deadline to avoid mislynch.

That should have been "to avoid no-lynch".
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Sabrar » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:45 pm UTC

Znirk wrote:Talking about '10 you must play to achieve your win condition'.
Oh right. I was looking at the game-specific rule list.

Unvote
Vote: JustDanceUnlimited

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:20 pm UTC

Current Votals:
Znirk - 4 (Madge, LaserGuy, Jimbobmacdoodle, Carlington)
Sabrar - 1 (Gopher of Pern)
JustDanceUnlimited - 5 (Bessie, Adnapemit, plytho, Znirk, Sabrar)
Gopher Of Pern - 1 (SirGabriel)

Not Voting: Freezeblade, ahippo, JustDanceUnlimited, mpolo

15 people alive, 8 to lynch.

D1 soft deadline [Click here!] in roughly 40 minutes.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Sabrar » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:30 pm UTC

With current votals it is possible for JustDanceUnlimited to force a no-lynch if he guesses right about when the mod ends the day. Could we establish a lead by at least 2 votes? I'm going to a meeting in an hour so potentially won't be around during the crucial period.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4558
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:51 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:With current votals it is possible for JustDanceUnlimited to force a no-lynch if he guesses right about when the mod ends the day. Could we establish a lead by at least 2 votes? I'm going to a meeting in an hour so potentially won't be around during the crucial period.


unvote

Vote: JustDanceUnlimited

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Night 1 (The First Sacrifice)

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:02 pm UTC

As the sun neared the horizon, the townspeople had a tough time deciding who of them was a worshipper of the Prime Evils. Some pointed to Wirt, saying that his short time being kidnapped had turned his mind around; others turned on Farnham, interpreting his drunk raving as prayer to Diablo; yet a third group verbally attacked Pepin and Adria - after all, how could they heal others and create potions if they weren't working with the dark lords?

Ultimately, the discussion came down to two individuals - Znirk, who claimed he's simply hoping to survive this disastrous time, and JustDanceUnlimited, who seemed very aloof during the entire second half of the day. And though for most of the day the townspeople mistrusted Znirk saying, "everyone wants to survive; what makes you so special", ultimately it was decided that JustDance had contributed little to the discussion and is therefore most likely to be a servant of Diablo. Minutes later, JustDance was hanging from a tree outside the catacombs, and the villagers all hurried into their homes to close in for the night, hoping to wake up next morning physically and mentally intact. Could it be over? Only time will tell...


Final D1 Votals:
Znirk - 3 (Madge, Jimbobmacdoodle, Carlington)
Sabrar - 1 (Gopher of Pern)
JustDanceUnlimited - 6 (Bessie, Adnapemit, plytho, Znirk, Sabrar, LaserGuy)
Gopher Of Pern - 1 (SirGabriel)

Not Voting: Freezeblade, ahippo, JustDanceUnlimited, mpolo

JustDanceUnlimited has been lynched. Alignment and role will be revealed at the start of the following day.
It is now night. Please send me all night actions by N1 deadline [Click here!] in 2 days. If you have the ability to communicate at night, you may begin to do so now; please do not send any further messages once deadline has been reached, even if I have not declared the start of the following day.

If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby dimochka » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:57 pm UTC

The night passed like every other recent night; many could not sleep, and mistrust was widespread. In the morning, Ogden reopened his tavern for all to get some ale or coffee to try and wake up. He was also the first to discover lifeless body of Cain the Elder, hanging from the same tree he was put onto last evening.

JustDanceUnlimited (Deckard Cain / Cain the Elder) is dead.
Spoiler:
Role: Deckard Cain
Description: You've been alive for more years than you can count and seen more than most humans wish. Most importantly, you've been studying the evil that besieged this town and understand it better than anyone else. But will that be enough?
Alignment: You are town and win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Abilities:
- Your studies allow you to see through evil's disguises. If you target someone at night, you will be able to sense their alignment.
- Your studies unearthed an extra-strong spell that can be used only once, but may help you in the fight against evil. If you Cast "Reveal of Kills", by morning you will learn how many killing abilities used or attempted during that night.

However, it seemed that this was not the only disaster that struck. Poor Pepin was also found murdered, with his head cut clean from his body.

SirGabriel (Pepin the Healer) is dead.
Spoiler:
Role: Pepin the Healer
Description: You are the town healer, doing what you can to save people from the horrors of the Labyrinth and the Cathedral. Maybe if you can keep some of these adventurers alive, you'll feel better about your inability to fully help Farnham or Wirt.
Alignment: You are town and win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Abilities:
- You are a healer and as such can save one person per night from being killed. You cannot self-target.

"How much more can we possibly take?" Shouted Griswold, "are we just lambs to be slaughered? We must find this evil before it kills us all!"
The remaining crowd all started pointing fingers at one another and shouting. "It was Adria, she's always creepily sneaking around!" "No, it was Farmer Lester! He gets up earlier than anyone!"

It seems that the villagers had some serious decisions to make....


It is now Day 2.
13 people alive, 7 to lynch.

D2 Deadline [Click here!] in about 5 days. Seems that this makes the most sense to prevent days from ending on a weekend. If you think that our days should be shorter, let me know in the thread or PM me.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4558
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:20 pm UTC

Wow... I'm not sure that could have possibly gone worse for us.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby bessie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:29 pm UTC

It can still get worse. It looks like we don't have a replacement yet.

I have nothing to claim from last night.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1316
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby freezeblade » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:40 pm UTC

I also have nothing to claim from last night. However, biiiiiig ole FOS on the people who jumped on the lynch of JustDanceUnlimited last minute, some without much explanation at all. I would like explanations from everyone who was on that bandwagon.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4558
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:05 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:I also have nothing to claim from last night. However, biiiiiig ole FOS on the people who jumped on the lynch of JustDanceUnlimited last minute, some without much explanation at all. I would like explanations from everyone who was on that bandwagon.


I was the last person to switch. The vote was 5-4 in favor of JDU at the time, and Sabrar had suggested that it would be better to extend the lead by another vote in case JDU voted Znirk at the last minute to force a no-lynch. This seemed reasonable to me, since D1 no-lynch is generally pretty bad for town. At the time, I was happy with lynching either Znirk or JDU, so there didn't seem to be any harm in switching.

I have nothing to claim from last night.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby dimochka » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:11 pm UTC

bessie wrote:It can still get worse. It looks like we don't have a replacement yet.

ahippo is still playing at the moment, while I'm working on finding someone to replace in.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby plytho » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:20 pm UTC

Ugh that sucks.

freezeblade wrote:I would like explanations from everyone who was on that bandwagon.


I've compiled the bandwagon below including my reasoning.


Starting with the votals at the start of page 5:
Znirk - 4 (Madge, LaserGuy, Jimbobmacdoodle, plytho)
Sabrar - 1 (Gopher of Pern)
Adnapemit - 1 (Znirk)
JustDanceUnlimited - 1 (Bessie)
Gopher Of Pern - 2 (SirGabriel, Sabrar)

Not Voting: Freezeblade, ahippo, adnapemit, JustDanceUnlimited, mpolo, carlington


Adnapemit votes JustDanceUnlimited, for lurking, lack of replacements and disliking modkills
Jimbob notes that Znirk could have changed his vote to a player to increase his chance of survival but hasn’t so far.
Carlington votes Znirk

I think jimbob’s comment confirms my belief that Znirk is probably a jester and counter Carlington’s vote to give Znirk the option to prove he’s not trying to get lynched. I had a choice between Gopher of Pern and JustDanceUnlimited as both had 2 votes at that point and both were on my scumdar. I expected JDU to be scum or inactive and no help to town. GoP looked somewhat scummy but not enough to choose them over JDU.

I change my vote from Znirk to JustDanceUnlimited
Znirk changes his vote to JustDanceUnlimited,claiming rule 10 demands it, bringing the relevant votes to 4-4.
Sabrar changes his vote to JustDanceUnlimited. Requests another vote to prevent no lynch.
LaserGuy changes his vote to JustDanceUnlimited to prevent no-lynch.

I’m now convinced Znirk is not jester. I’m sure if he was he would have stopped posting and let the lynch happen after I switched my vote.

@Znirk: Who did you target last night and what was your result?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests