Diablo Mafia - Day 6 (The End)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:57 pm UTC

adnapemit wrote:I targeted LaserGuy last night.
With what, and what was the result?

@bessie - do you see all visitors of your target, or only one? Also, I assume SDK revealed who he targeted during the course of the game? If so, who? Last night's action in particular.

@Carlington - what do you have to claim?

I don't think I've had a single successful action all game (excluding the unexpected Znirk alliance N1). N2 I redirected Carlington but he was blocked. N3 I tried to redirect adnapemit to freezeblade, which would have confirmed plytho's action had I not been blocked, as presumably freezeblade would have died...
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:01 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:N3 I tried to redirect adnapemit to freezeblade, which would have confirmed plytho's action had I not been blocked, as presumably freezeblade would have died...

I used my commuter N2, which means no actions directed at me would connect.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:01 pm UTC

EBWOP: oh. N3. See, I need to sleep before I post, I'm not even thinking straight.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:05 pm UTC

This information overload isn't ideal at bedtime :)

Madge wrote:@plytho: I think freezeblade just got me mixed up with someone else

Yeah it would seem so but as bessie claimed "also watcher" I thought I missed something.

freezeblade wrote:Seeing as how I believe the SDK kill to be the mafia kill, that would put adnapemit in the prime lynch spot for today.

Why do you believe the SDK kill to be the mafia kill? Reasoning or gut feeling?
freezeblade wrote:I had a one-shot commuter power, which I used N2.
That would explain my failed actions N2.

Looking at Sabrar's abilities I think he was the scum killer the first two nights, looking for their supporter. It's possible one of the missing night kills was that recruitment. Can we deduce that based on the information we have? Did the victims of the successful night kills (2 SirGabriel incarnations) provide anything that made him look like a possible mafia supporter?
he him his

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:12 pm UTC

I'm guessing SDK was the scum kill, because they pushed hard against Sabrar, and is a strong player. Out of the two deaths, GoP makes less sense as a mafia kill, I think. This is all gut feelings, but I know that if I was scum, I would have shot SDK last night. I think that if this is confirmed somehow, then we should look at SDK's read list again. As a matter of fact, let's look.

SDK wrote:Town (it's actually difficult to order these - all are quite strong reads)
bessie
Jimbobmacdoodle
GopherofPern
Freezeblade
plytho
Madge

Not sure
*adnapemit - Largely unconcerned with what I've seen (ie: probably town), but has taken some stances that seem wrong (probably just wrong though, not evil?)
*ahippo (replaced by SirGabriel D2) - ahippo seemed town, SirG less so. His Day 2 content did not strike me as particularly townie.

Not Town
Znirk - Probably truthfully a survivor, but there was enough weirdness in his claims that mod confirmation in a message of unknown origin is not enough to clear him 100%.
*Carlington - Best bet for SK, but could also be scum. 10% chance of being town.
*LaserGuy - Best bet for Sabrar's scum buddy. If Sabrar flips mafia, 95% sure LaserGuy is mafia too. If Sabrar flips non-mafia, I'd give him more like 75%.
Sabrar - Scum, almost certainly. Day 1 content was glaring, Day 2 content was only good in so far as his neutral discussions. Falling on the wrong side or right on the fence constantly - no reason at all to think he's town.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:19 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
freezeblade wrote:I had a one-shot commuter power, which I used N2.
That would explain my failed actions N2.

I only used one action N2, that plural was a typo.
he him his

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:24 pm UTC

So, if we take SDK at his word, Carlington makes a good SK candidate with his being watched last night and roleblocked on a night where we had a missing kill. Should we take care of him with the lynch?

I'd be happy to block laserguy tonight, and we can hope that'll work.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:44 pm UTC

Don't claim who you'll block, as I think we're likely looking at 2 scum and 1 SK. If you say who you'll block, they'll just kill with the other.

If I take the bottom three on my town-scum list, we have Carlington, adnapemit, and Laserguy. I still think the Mafia kill was SDK, not GoP.

Scenario 1: We lynch the SK, block the correct mafia member. Result: No night kills
Scenario 2: We lynch the SK, block the wrong mafia member. Result: 1 night kill
Scenario 3: We lynch a mafia member, block one of the other two. Result: 1 night kill (but not looking so good, as indie could switch sides here, resulting in a possible town loss)
Scenario 4: We suck and lynch a town. Result: We lose.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:30 am UTC

freezeblade wrote:Don't claim who you'll block, as I think we're likely looking at 2 scum and 1 SK. If you say who you'll block, they'll just kill with the other.

Ahh yes... that's basically last night's episode of Survivor down to a T :(

I will make sure the proverbial JT keeps his mouth shut.

Or, in less opaque terms, I'll not hint at my target any further. I'll just be watching and waiting and thinking and speculating.

We need to straighten these claims out and see where that brings us. I'm so excited! Let's turn this game around. Come on. I believe in you!
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:55 am UTC

I feel like based on everyone's feelings towards me this claim won't be believed anyway, but here goes. I believe myself to have been redirected, I targeted adnapemit with a vig shot. I am, in fact, JOAT. I'm not super flavour knowledgeable but if it helps - I'm the Warrior of Khanduras. I don't really know how much stock you all put in role names/flavour, but it panned out alright with my call on Lazarus, which was based off the flavour primer PM I requested D1.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:13 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Did SDK know Gillian to be Town?
dimochka, are you going to reply to this? (expecting no comment)

adnapemit wrote:No one. I targeted LaserGuy last night.
With what?

LaserGuy wrote:I have nothing to report. I am the Barbarian. I have one-shot bulletproof, but if it successfully blocks a kill, I gain a one-shot vigilante kill for myself.
adnapemit claims to have targeted you last night, plytho claims she used a kill. Do you have a one-shot vig now?

Madge wrote:N2: Carlington (I originally targted jimbob because I don't want redirectors to complicate things, but I changed to Carlington after nightfall because someone had made a convincing argument for that)
Interesting. Judging from his D3 content, Carlington didn’t seem to know he was blocked N2.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Also, I assume SDK revealed who he targeted during the course of the game? If so, who? Last night's action in particular.
Yeah… no. How about adnapemit and LaserGuy answer those questions first.

Madge wrote:So, if we take SDK at his word, Carlington makes a good SK candidate with his being watched last night and roleblocked on a night where we had a missing kill. Should we take care of him with the lynch?
I’m a watcher, I watched SDK. Carlington visited him.

Carlington wrote:I feel like based on everyone's feelings towards me this claim won't be believed anyway, but here goes.
Hey we finally agree on something!

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:02 am UTC

bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:I have nothing to report. I am the Barbarian. I have one-shot bulletproof, but if it successfully blocks a kill, I gain a one-shot vigilante kill for myself.

adnapemit claims to have targeted you last night, plytho claims she used a kill. Do you have a one-shot vig now?

plytho wrote:Did you successfully block a kill?

I did not get a one-shot vig as a result of N3. If adnapemit targeted me with a kill, presumably the action was blocked because one of us was in jail.

Could this power be used as a delayed kill by scum?
Can scum target one of their own for the kill at night?

No clue to either of these.

Carlington wrote:I am, in fact, JOAT. I'm not super flavour knowledgeable but if it helps - I'm the Warrior of Khanduras.

What abilities have you used previously, and what were the results?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:03 am UTC

EBWOP:
Ack, sorry, messed up the quotations above.

bessie wrote:

plytho wrote:Did you successfully block a kill?

I did not get a one-shot vig as a result of N3. If adnapemit targeted me with a kill, presumably the action was blocked because one of us was in jail.

Could this power be used as a delayed kill by scum?
Can scum target one of their own for the kill at night?

No clue to either of these.

Carlington wrote:I am, in fact, JOAT. I'm not super flavour knowledgeable but if it helps - I'm the Warrior of Khanduras.

What abilities have you used previously, and what were the results?

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:09 am UTC

My previous power uses have been claimed except for N1, but I'll catalogue them here for completeness:
N1 I tracked ahippo to no effect.
N2 I doctored plytho.
N3 I vigged adnapemit.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:47 am UTC

freezeblade wrote:Scenario 4: We suck and lynch a town. Result: We lose.
Assuming that SK/scum don't take each other out.
bessie wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Also, I assume SDK revealed who he targeted during the course of the game? If so, who? Last night's action in particular.
Yeah… no. How about adnapemit and LaserGuy answer those questions first.
A fair request.

Time to throw a little concern around:

@Scum - if you expect my co-operation in an end game scenario, don't kill bessie. As it's not looking good for you though, I'm still siding with town.

@Town - I'm going to continue to attempt to redirect kills, since they are the main threat. Any specific requests however, I may meet. I'm not in siding-with-scum mode yet.

Carlington's claim is very convenient, given everything that's happened and been claimed so far. However, I'm uncertain which of him or adnapemit are the Serial Killer. My D2 suspicion points to Carlington and my D3 to adnapemit. Errrmmm...
BlitzGirl the Primordial

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:58 am UTC

Observations and questions:

@Carlington: you haven’t responded to my concerns from the end of D3 about the mismatch between your soft claim ‘everyone will know what I mean when I say I may have caused plytho’s power to fail’ and your doctor power claim. Your JOAT claim (which I predicted) does not help. It’s still not clear why you would think it’s obvious to ‘everyone’ that ‘I may have caused plytho’s power to fail’ means ‘I used the doctor power from my JOAT arsenal to protect plytho’. Bonus question: why did you target adnapemit with your vig shot?

@LaserGuy: Does your one-shot bulletproof automatically activate the first time you get targeted or did you choose to use it last night?

Regarding Sabrar’s flip: On first read I interpreted the supporter thing to be a sort of recruiting power, but after rereading it seems like Sabrar could ‘recruit’ other demons?
dimochka wrote:- As a confidant of Diablo, you've garnered some respect among the demon "community", and may be able to sway some of them to do your bidding. Should you use the night kill on an appropriate target / given the right circumstances, you may find a supporter. You are unsure, however, how Diablo will feel about your new "management" abilities.

I don’t really understand this.

Gopher of Pern had a D2 universal backup if I’m reading correctly, that means he became either doctor or cop. Can we learn anything useful from this?

@Madge: Why did you block Znirk N1? He claimed tracker, by blocking him you took away his ability to prove that. To me that looks like a scummy play to make him look more suspicious.

freezeblade wrote:I'm guessing SDK was the scum kill, because they pushed hard against Sabrar, and is a strong player. Out of the two deaths, GoP makes less sense as a mafia kill, I think. This is all gut feelings, but I know that if I was scum, I would have shot SDK last night.

GoP was pushing Sabrar before SDK was even playing. Looking back GoP was the solo vote on Sabrar N1 and N2. I think it’s perhaps more useful to look at their secondary targets? Who were they going to lynch next?
he him his

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:29 am UTC

I expected that I might be killed N1 because of my miller claim, and as I recall Znirk's claim happened after I had put a VERY HEAVY "I will roleblock Znirk" breadcrumb, but close enough to deadline that I was not able to make another post (I believe - at the very least it was close enough to deadline that I didn't have the time / energy / creativity to defuse my last breadcrumb and put in a new one).

I did very seriously consider changing my target but in the end I didn't want to die, having roleblocked someone else, and have town look at my VERY CLEAR "Znirk is my RB target" breadcrumb and go down the complete wrong path. I don't want us to have bad information.

Madge

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 1 (Tristram Awakens)

Postby Madge » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:33 am UTC

Timestamps my local time:

Madge @ 4:47pm Mar 04 wrote:I hate D1 but if you're an indie and you're not going to put your cards on the table to help us out, then you suck. You're distracting us and you're causing us to go down potential blind alley and mislynch (if you're pro-town). If you're anti-town, then, well, you suck for being anti town. I don't know what you're up to, but I'm going to try and stop you unless you come clean.

((vote on Znirk goes here))

Znirk @ 10:27pm Mar 06 wrote:Eh. At this point I have little to lose anyway, so why not: I'm a tracker (knowing which probably makes scum less worried, in exchange for no specific benefit to town. Seriously, townsfolk, I'm trying to find a way to be helpful here.)

Then night happened shortly after midnight (i.e. one and a half hours later). I go to bed at 9:30pm or so, I had not a snowball's chance of getting a new breadcrumb in and expected I might die so didn't want my breadcrumb to be misleading.

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:41 am UTC

I targeted LaserGuy with a Vig kill since he seemed the most scummiest. I was starting to doubt if Carlington was actually scum since bessie seemed to be really pushing his lynch. Also on the slight chance that he was telling the truth about yesterday I thought it would be better to target LaserGuy. Unless someone counter claims Gillian I think that bessie is probably town.
I think LaserGuy is either lying about getting a one shot kill or got the kill since I don't think there is likely anyone else that could have blocked or redirected me. (assuming everyone is telling the truth)

Carlington wrote:I feel like based on everyone's feelings towards me this claim won't be believed anyway, but here goes.

I believe you.

Vote: Carlington
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:33 pm UTC

adnapemit wrote:I targeted LaserGuy with a Vig kill since he seemed the most scummiest. I was starting to doubt if Carlington was actually scum since bessie seemed to be really pushing his lynch. Also on the slight chance that he was telling the truth about yesterday I thought it would be better to target LaserGuy. Unless someone counter claims Gillian I think that bessie is probably town.
I think LaserGuy is either lying about getting a one shot kill or got the kill since I don't think there is likely anyone else that could have blocked or redirected me. (assuming everyone is telling the truth)
Was your vig kill a one-shot? If not, did you target anyone the previous nights? Is this your only power? Also, where do you see bessie really pushing Carlington's lynch D3? She didn't even vote.

@Madge: that explanation makes sense, thanks.
he him his

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:59 pm UTC

I hadn't claimed my name yet: I'm the Bard.

Noticing this now:
Madge wrote:Guys I really screwed up [snip] yesterday and I'm glad I'm awake to fix it. So I apologise.

I'm [snip] Farnham the drunk.

Nice roleplaying :)
he him his

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:30 pm UTC

jimbob, I think dimochka missed your question, maybe you can ask it again but I am expecting no comment anyway. At the start of the game mpolo and I knew each other to be town.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Scum - if you expect my co-operation in an end game scenario, don't kill bessie.
Thanks, but honestly I don’t think there are any secondary win conditions. I’ve been wrong before though.

LaserGuy was jailed N3.

Carlington wrote:N1 I tracked ahippo to no effect.
Did you get no result or did ahippo not visit anyone?

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:35 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Did SDK know Gillian to be Town?

No Comment.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:19 pm UTC

plytho wrote:@LaserGuy: Does your one-shot bulletproof automatically activate the first time you get targeted or did you choose to use it last night?

I have to choose when I wish to activate it as a night action. I am presently not going to disclose whether I have actually done so at any point in the game.

On N3 I was apparently in jail, so my actions were roleblocked regardless.

bessie wrote:LaserGuy was jailed N3.

Who was in jail N1/2?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:08 pm UTC

FYI - I'm going to be away from Sunday to Wednesday. I should get the occasional chance to post, but it won't be all that frequent.

Claim Summary (please add anything I missed):
Jimbob - Survivor, Redirector, Wirt. Redirected Znirk to Sabrar N1; redirected Carlington to adnapemit N2; redirected adnapemit to freezeblade N3.
bessie - Watcher, Mason with SDK, Gillian. Watched Carlington visit SDK N3. SDK jailed LaserGuy N3.
plytho - Learns target's action, Bard. Targeted adnapemit N3, got result that adnapemit used a kill action. Targeted Sabrar N1, who did not use an action. Targeted freezeblade? N2 and action failed.
Madge - Miller, Roleblocker, Farnham. Blocked Znirk N1; Blocked Carlington N2; Blocked me N3.
freezeblade - 1-shot commuter, Monk. Used ability N2.
LaserGuy - Optional 1-shot bulletproof with kill after use, Barbarian. Did not gain kill on N3.
Carlington - JOAT, Warrior. N1 tracked ahippo, no effect; N2 doctored plytho; N3 vigged adnapemit.
adnapemit - Vig? Targeted LaserGuy N3.

I have placed the above in the order I believe their claims from most to least likely.

@bessie - you haven't claimed your other night's actions yet. Is that deliberate?

@adnapemit - What is your full role? As asked elsewhere, what were your N1 and N2 actions?

I took a look back at voting, and neither adnapemit nor Carlington voted for Sabrar during the game. I think both are likely anti-town. adnapemit's reticence to reveal more about her claim so far makes me think she is marginally more likely to be lying. Carlington did have Sabrar as scummiest, but that was a while after he was under suspicion from many others, and he did leave it with quite a lot of weasel room. adnapemit also had Sabrar as scummiest, again after others had already expressed suspicion of him. Information on immediate links from that way around is pretty much even. Sabrar said almost nothing about either Carlington or adnapemit D3. One post, about the only thing he said about adnapemit, sounded genuine, to me, which makes me think they are not on the same team. Voting now in case I don't get another proper chance to post.

Vote adnapemit
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:11 pm UTC

ahippo didn't target anybody N1, I didn't get a "no result".

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:23 pm UTC

I'm going to be away Sat-Sunday as usual, so I'll vote before I leave tonight. We need to get rid of the SK tonight, and I'm inclined to believe SDK and other's earlier reads on that over my own (I'm terrible at indie reads, SDK has super-human mafia reads), so Carlington will likely be my vote.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:49 pm UTC

Welp, I'm out for the weekend.

vote: Carlington

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:05 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Claim Summary (please add anything I missed):

plytho - Learns target's action, Bard. Targeted adnapemit N3, got result that adnapemit used a kill action. Targeted Sabrar N1, who did not use an action. Targeted freezeblade? N2 and action failed.

I did target freezeblade N2. My list looks the same as yours, I don't think you left anything out.

Unofficial votals:
Carlington - 3 (freezeblade, adnapemit, bessie)
adnapemit -1 (jimbobmacdoodle)

Not voting: plytho, Madge, LaserGuy, Carlington

I shouldn't be making promises in the weekend but I'll try to figure out tomorrow who of the two lynch candidates is most likely SK.
he him his

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:07 pm UTC

Oh and I would still really like an answer to this:
plytho wrote:@Carlington: you haven’t responded to my concerns from the end of D3 about the mismatch between your soft claim ‘everyone will know what I mean when I say I may have caused plytho’s power to fail’ and your doctor power claim. Your JOAT claim (which I predicted) does not help. It’s still not clear why you would think it’s obvious to ‘everyone’ that ‘I may have caused plytho’s power to fail’ means ‘I used the doctor power from my JOAT arsenal to protect plytho’. Bonus question: why did you target adnapemit with your vig shot?
he him his

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:18 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@bessie - you haven't claimed your other night's actions yet. Is that deliberate?
I was waiting for adnapemit to post. I probably didn't need to wait because she will claim 1-shot vig with no N1 or N2 action anyway. I think we have enough that someone smarter than me should be able to figure everything out.

bessie: N1 watch mpolo (no visitors), N2 watch GoP (no visitors), N3 watch SDK (Carlington)
mpolo/SDK: N1 jail Sabrar, N2 jail LaserGuy, N3 jail LaserGuy

bessie's guess: N1 SirGabriel was probably the SK, I'm guessing Sabrar tried to kill/recruit someone and was blocked. N2 was possibly Sabrar trying to recruit ahippo/SirG (there was some speculation that ahippo claimed his name because he was a mafia supporter). If Carlington was blocked N2 and adnapemit wasn't blocked, Carlington is probably the serial killer.

No one hammer. We still may need to find mafia #3.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:49 am UTC

Will be away most of the weekend. I'll try to check in on Sunday night and see how things are developing.

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:18 am UTC

plytho wrote:]Was your vig kill a one-shot?
No.
If not, did you target anyone the previous nights?
No.
Is this your only power?
Yes.
Also, where do you see bessie really pushing Carlington's lynch D3? She didn't even vote.

I didn't specify D3 but most of her D3 posts have quite a bit of focus on Carlington and D2 she did vote for Carlington.

I am a sorcerer of the Vizjerei Clan. A vigilante.
[adnapemit|timepanda]

plytho

Postby plytho » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:03 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
I shouldn't be making promises in the weekend but I'll try to figure out tomorrow who of the two lynch candidates is most likely SK.

Well, that didn't work out. Thorough reading will be for monday.

Shower thoughts:

@freezeblade: your one shot commuter power seems quite limited compared to the other claimed powers. Is that your only power?

LaserGuy's one shot bulletproof that turns vig also doesn't feel like a full claim. It's a power that's very likely to be useless.

My gut is leaning towards Carlington as SK.
he him his

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:54 pm UTC

Laserguy and Adnapemit have the least sensible claims.

What surprises me is that Carlington's claim seems to make sense even though he's the scummiest person around here. That said he did claim last so that could explain it...

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:46 am UTC

plytho wrote:Regarding Sabrar’s flip: On first read I interpreted the supporter thing to be a sort of recruiting power, but after rereading it seems like Sabrar could ‘recruit’ other demons?
dimochka wrote:- As a confidant of Diablo, you've garnered some respect among the demon "community", and may be able to sway some of them to do your bidding. Should you use the night kill on an appropriate target / given the right circumstances, you may find a supporter. You are unsure, however, how Diablo will feel about your new "management" abilities.

The way this role usually works (and more experienced players, correct me if I’m wrong) is that the mafia recruiter (Sabrar) can only recruit one predetermined player, the mafia supporter (in this case a demon). The recruiter can't recruit anyone else and would kill them instead. This player may or may not know they are the mafia supporter/demon.
Possibilities:
1. There is a mafia supporter who knew they were a mafia supporter, needed to be recruited, and now can't win the game. Unlikely, they would probably have left the game with a loss when Sabrar died.
2. There is a mafia supporter who knew they were a mafia supporter, was not recruited, and has an alternate win condition (town, survivor, etc).
3. There is a naïve mafia supporter that is town/indie but would have flipped to mafia if targeted by Sabrar (possibly Znirk, he was a demon, but jimbob found him first).

plytho wrote:Gopher of Pern had a D2 universal backup if I’m reading correctly, that means he became either doctor or cop. Can we learn anything useful from this?
Wild-ass-guess is that he would have taken the cop power and used it on Sabrar. I watched GoP N2 and he wasn’t roleblocked (unless ninja), and if he got a mafia result on Sabrar (or anyone else) he should have claimed, so I’m obviously not correct. Maybe he copped someone else and got a town result. I suck at breadcrumbs so if he left a clue I won’t find it. Anyone else want to take a shot at this?

adnapemit wrote:I targeted LaserGuy with a Vig kill since he seemed the most scummiest. I was starting to doubt if Carlington was actually scum since bessie seemed to be really pushing his lynch. Also on the slight chance that he was telling the truth about yesterday I thought it would be better to target LaserGuy.
adnapemit, you claim you have a not one-shot vig kill, withheld N1 and N2, and targeted LaserGuy N3. I can understand withholding your kill on N1, and maybe even N2. However, I’m not buying your reasons for targeting LaserGuy and not targeting Carlington N3. I reviewed your lists all three days.

Spoiler:
adnapemit’s D1 list
<Town>
adnapemit
LaserGuy
plytho
Madge
SirGabriel
freezeblade
bessie
JustDanceUnlimited
mpolo
ahippo
Gopher of Pern
Sabrar
Znirk
Carlington
jimbobmacdoodle
<Scum>

adnapemit’s D2 list
<Town>
adnapemit
Bessie
ahippo/SirGabriel
Madge
mpolo
Carlington
Freezeblade
Gopher of Pern
Sabrar
plytho
LaserGuy
Znirk
jimbobmacdoodle
<Scum>

adnapemit’s D3 list
<Town>
adnapemit
Bessie
mpolo/SDK
Gopher of Pern
Madge
jimbobmacdoodle(indie, survivor)
plytho
Freezeblade
LaserGuy
Carlington
Sabrar
<Scum>
On D3 you still had me as your towniest read and Carlington as scummier than LaserGuy. And you said this on D3:
adnapemit wrote:Opinion: There is definitly enough evidence that Carlington is scummy and I also think it is likely that he is a SK.
I’ve been hammering on Carlington hard since D1. Tunneling really. But I was still townie until N3 when you were thinking about your night action, and then for the first time you began to have enough doubt about my tunneling to switch your suspicion to LaserGuy, who you didn’t even read on D3? Ok, I have a question, if you were uncertain why did you even submit a kill N3? It’s obviously not compulsive because you didn’t have to submit one on N1 or N2.

Madge wrote:What surprises me is that Carlington's claim seems to make sense even though he's the scummiest person around here. That said he did claim last so that could explain it...
Madge, he claimed last on D2 (except for adnapemit), D3, and D4, and he had to be prodded all three days by me to claim. See my analysis of Carlington’s D1-D3 posts here and the last half of D3 here.

So great I’m feeling uneasy about Carlington and adnapemit BFD. I still think it’s likely there is one more scum out there and we need to keep looking. More later after I think about it a while.

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:36 am UTC

bessie wrote:On D3 you still had me as your towniest read and Carlington as scummier than LaserGuy. And you said this on D3:
adnapemit wrote:Opinion: There is definitly enough evidence that Carlington is scummy and I also think it is likely that he is a SK.
I’ve been hammering on Carlington hard since D1. Tunneling really. But I was still townie until N3 when you were thinking about your night action, and then for the first time you began to have enough doubt about my tunneling to switch your suspicion to LaserGuy, who you didn’t even read on D3? Ok, I have a question, if you were uncertain why did you even submit a kill N3? It’s obviously not compulsive because you didn’t have to submit one on N1 or N2.
I still consider you townie but started to wonder if I was being influenced by your post too much so I'd rather his death be decided by lynch (which seemed likely yesterday). I am not always good at judging scum but there seemed to be a better chance of me being right after so many non scum deaths and I dislike not using an ability I have seems a waste when I can use it to help.
[adnapemit|timepanda]

plytho

Postby plytho » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:04 am UTC

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:Regarding Sabrar’s flip: On first read I interpreted the supporter thing to be a sort of recruiting power, but after rereading it seems like Sabrar could ‘recruit’ other demons?

The way this role usually works (and more experienced players, correct me if I’m wrong) is that the mafia recruiter (Sabrar) can only recruit one predetermined player, the mafia supporter (in this case a demon). The recruiter can't recruit anyone else and would kill them instead. This player may or may not know they are the mafia supporter/demon.
Possibilities:
1. There is a mafia supporter who knew they were a mafia supporter, needed to be recruited, and now can't win the game. Unlikely, they would probably have left the game with a loss when Sabrar died.
2. There is a mafia supporter who knew they were a mafia supporter, was not recruited, and has an alternate win condition (town, survivor, etc).
3. There is a naïve mafia supporter that is town/indie but would have flipped to mafia if targeted by Sabrar (possibly Znirk, he was a demon, but jimbob found him first).

Thanks, I think scenario 3 seems the most likely here. I believe freezeblade pointed out Sabrar buddying Znirk so Znirk makes sense as Sabrar’s target N1.This failed because Sabrar was in jail.

I'm still wondering what "You are unsure, however, how Diablo will feel about your new "management" abilities." might mean?

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:Gopher of Pern had a D2 universal backup if I’m reading correctly, that means he became either doctor or cop. Can we learn anything useful from this?
Wild-ass-guess is that he would have taken the cop power and used it on Sabrar. I watched GoP N2 and he wasn’t roleblocked (unless ninja), and if he got a mafia result on Sabrar (or anyone else) he should have claimed, so I’m obviously not correct. Maybe he copped someone else and got a town result. I suck at breadcrumbs so if he left a clue I won’t find it. Anyone else want to take a shot at this?
Gopher’s first post D3:
Gopher of Pern wrote:So, is everyone convinced that Znirk is a survivor now? (Well, not really. They still have a chance at winning.)

And who has it out for SirGabriel? Two nights, two deaths. Although, this one could have been his own doing, protecting someone else. If only we had a tracker...oh, we lynched them.

We've also lost a one-shot vig. Who may have tipped the scales in towns favour.

Given what's happened, my top three scum picks are Sabrar, plytho, and Carlington. Plytho flip flopped a bit too much for my liking yesterday. Screams of scum attempting to look towny, but doesn't want their reads analysed too much. Sabrar, well, I've maintained that they are scum since day c1, and I still think that is likely. I'm less sure of Carlington, but the way the lynch went down may suggest scum buddies saving their own by jumping on the Znirk bandwagon. If so, freezeblade, plytho, and laserguy are likely scumbuddies.

Sabrar, I wonder why you discount laserguy. Although there was no bandwagon on Carlington at the time of his vote, it's still a 'safe' vote for a claimed survivor. There were other options (you had two votes at the time, Carlington had one. There excuse also screams like a scum tell, with no strong scummy leads, and something fishy with Znirk. In fact, I think I've just upped laserguy to potentially scummy.

The first letter of every paragraph spells SAWGS. Not sure if there’s any meaning in that but it might mean GoP saw something (I can’t interpret what GS could stand for).
he him his

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:01 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Jimbob - Survivor, Redirector, Wirt. Redirected Znirk to Sabrar N1; redirected Carlington to adnapemit N2; redirected adnapemit to freezeblade N3.
freezeblade - 1-shot commuter, Monk. Used ability N2.
adnapemit - Vig? Targeted LaserGuy N3.

@freezeblade... why are you still alive?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:21 pm UTC

Okay, thinking about this more...

What happened N3 is as follows:
Town!adnapemit targeted me with her Vig kill. This was redirected to freezeblade by jimbob.
SK!freezeblade is NK immune, so that kill was blocked. SK!freezeblade targets Gopher of Pern and kills him.
Carlington uses the mafia NK on SDK.

freezeblade likely did commute on N2. He probably has the option of commuting or NK each night. That also explains why there was only one kill on N2 (he was commuting)... only the mafia NK came through.

Return to “Mafia”