On his shell he holds the Earth,
His thought is slow but always kind;
He holds us all within his mind.
On his back the truth is carried,
And there are love and duty married.
He loves the earth and loves the sea,
And even loves a child like me.
2. Please stay on topic at all times.
3. Lurking is frowned upon; if you need to drop out, please let me know as soon as possible. If someone feels that another player isn't contributing to game play, please make me aware. Modkills will be handed out if replacement cannot be found without regard to balance.
4. If you aren't part of this game, please do not post in the thread.
5. You’re alive until you are hammered in a lynch, or the mod tells you that you're dead, by PM or in thread.
6. If you die, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information.
7. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM or any other messages sent to you by the mod. Paraphrasing is fine.
8. You may not edit your posts.
9. You may not play to lose, act in a way that is clearly against your win condition or ruin the game for other players.
10. You may not use encryption systems in order to communicate privately or circumvent these rules.
11. Please make an effort to include me on all PMs. Mistakes happen but make me aware if they do.
12. All votes must be bolded and on a separate line. Unvotes are preferred but not required. If I miss something, let me know.
13. This is a game; it’s meant to be fun. Personal attacks or other offensive behaviour towards other players will not be tolerated.
2. You may post in thread during the day phase but not the night phase. It is night when the mod posts a day-end post or a hammer vote is cast. Note that this means you may not post content after a hammer vote.
3. If you have questions, either post them in bold in this thread, or PM me.
4. As this is a closed(ish) setup, you may not get answers to your questions but the mod will never lie.
5. You may only communicate with other players by PM if I have specifically said you can do so. You must CC me in all PMs.
6. Players cannot target themselves unless explicitly told so via PM.
7. This game is nightless - see details below.
8. At the start of each day phase I will reveal the alignment and roles of all players killed since the previous day phase.
9. If the deadline is reached and no player has been hammered, then the person with the most votes at the deadline will be lynched.
10. A tied vote at day end will result in No Lynch in all cases.
11. You can vote not to lynch anyone by casting a vote for "NL" or “No Lynch”. “No Lynch” will be treated exactly the same as any other player for determining votal results.
12. Every ability in the game is either standard or a minor variation of an otherwise standard ability (for balance reasons, though I tried to provide flavor justification for it as well). There are no hidden aspects to any of the roles. Some examples of roles that are guaranteed to be absent in this game:
- listening / spoiler reading
- lie detecting
- vote manipulating
- alignment / win-condition changing
possible and the next day begins as soon as that's done. If a player fails to send in an action, they will not carry out any action that night (unless that day was exceptionally short - e.g. a majority lynch was reached within 24 hours -, in which case a brief period of grace might be allowed in which actions can be sent in). Players are therefore encouraged to send in actions early on during the day phase. To facilitate that I will allow players to send in back-up actions should events such as the lynch make their original action impossible. For example, Mafia might send in the action:
Back-up Kill: Y
If X is lynched or otherwise killed at the end of the day, I will treat the Mafia as having decided to kill Y that night instead.
You may also modify your actions as many times as you wish before night is declared.
Note regarding flavour:
- Multiple characters from the same book/series may be present but not necessarily made aware of each other.
- Flavor generally won't contain any hints about night activities however if the mood strikes me I might include tidbits that could in hindsight provide some insight. Don't take this for granted
1. jimbobmacdoodle - WINNER, Mafia
3. SDK - WINNER, Mafia
4. LaserGuy - WINNER, Mafia
11. FrozenFlame - endgamed N3, Town
12. #HBC | Zyth - endgamed N3, Town
Role PMs will be sent within the next hour. Please confirm in thread once you receive your role PM. The game will start once a large majority of players have confirmed, and I'll post game-related flavor as an indicator.